Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Don't get me wrong, I want this story over and done with. I can't believe Justice for Duke has been a bigger plot point than AJ's death. (Well, I can, because AJ was fat. But you know what I mean.) Don't tell me Anna isn't at the trial because she's unable to handle it. She's been away from PC for a while now. Her insane resolve should be back by this time. Don't tell me being at the trial is her emotional breaking point. That's what I object to. 

1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm DREADING seeing Anna on my screen again. Julian isn't going to prison so I don't think this Justice For Duke crap is going to end anytime soon. 

That's the worst part. It doesn't matter if Anna is there or not, we're stuck with more of this idiotic story. Of all the stories to drag out interminably.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm DREADING seeing Anna on my screen again. Julian isn't going to prison so I don't think this Justice For Duke crap is going to end anytime soon. 

Right? If anything, they should be saying that Anna is receiving therapy off-screen. 'Cause this needs to stop. 

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Don't tell me Anna isn't at the trial because she's unable to handle it. She's been away from PC for a while now. Her insane resolve should be back by this time. Don't tell me being at the trial is her emotional breaking point. That's what I object to. 

I think she should be getting help, though. And that wouldn't make her weak. She needs to be dealing with her issues. She HAS emotional problems about this.

• Love 7

I get rage blackouts with every mention of #JusticeForDuke.  HE WAS A CRIMINAL!  But given he worked for Sonny, he's put under the umbrella of "good criminals" (along with Sonny and Jason) and therefore he's to be worshipped.  As opposed to insta-BIG BADS like Julian and Paul, who should be drawn and quartered. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, stlbf said:

Nelle being AJ's secret daughter is aces with me. Other option? Make her the secret daughter of the real Carly, since Caroline stole her identity as some weird nonsensical tribute to the supposed bestie whose father Caroline was sleeping with on the side.

Liz has been bleeding out for hours? Griffin had enough time to shower and have lunch or whatever with Sonny,but this is some dire situation?  They don't have the blood or the time, so I would think that virtually all surgeons would've just stopped the bleeding, taken the spleen and SAVED LIZ'S LIFE! Sure, saving the spleen would be great. But it isn't needed to freaking LIVE. What a bunch of hooey.

If Nellie turns out to be AJ's daughter they can't pair her with Michael. I wouldn't be opposed to her being a gold digging operator if it turns out that Michael is on to her from the beginning and enjoys toying with her as she does him.

The real Carly's daughter would be good too.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I think she should be getting help, though. And that wouldn't make her weak. She needs to be dealing with her issues. She HAS emotional problems about this.

I know. Sigh. I just wish it wasn't being used to show how "weak" she is. This case doesn't need or deserve two women to become unhinged by it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. Sigh. I just wish it wasn't being used to show how "weak" she is. This case doesn't need or deserve two women to become unhinged by it.

I don't know if they're trying to show her as weak. It's just more about her devastation about Duke. Which is funny bc she was the one yelling at Patrick to get over Robin. But I won't even elaborate on that stupidity again.

• Love 1

Liz has been bleeding out for hours? Griffin had enough time to shower and have lunch or whatever with Sonny,but this is some dire situation?  

I thought it was hilarious how Griffin was all, "shift's over, other doctors are working on her, I'm outta here" then wanders off to yak with Maxie in the park, then talk to Sonny.   What happened to the (unrealistic) dedication of doctors on this show? 

And Franco and his blood drive was working at glacial pace. 

eta: Why wasn't Liz's phone broken?  It should have fallen down the stairs with her.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't know if they're trying to show her as weak.

Maybe not intentionally, but it comes across that way to me. They're having Sonny, noted PC mental health expert, agree that the trial is too emotionally charged for Anna to deal with. UGH.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I am too! Um....was your father a bit of a playboy by any chance? 

18 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Liz and Hayden have got RH-null blood, which is not even large enough to be talked about in terms of percentages.

http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2014/11/13/rare-blood-type

But yeah, us alien "negs" are basically your future overlords, so watch your tone. ;) 

Um, now that you mention it, he was always kind of a ladykiller, and not in a Sonny* way if ya know what I mean ;)

Lol, I can imagine Sonny ordering his minions to get him some of that future overlord blood now dammit!!!

*Okay so maybe Sonny didn't actually kill any ladies but he'd have no trouble ordering someone else to do it.

• Love 2

The real Carly's daughter would be good too.

Except the real Carly came to the show and turned out to be horrible Reese. Why would she want revenge on Carly? Carly didn't kill her. Guza's train crash sweeps story killed and no one mourned her loss.

53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe not intentionally, but it comes across that way to me. They're having Sonny, noted PC mental health expert, agree that the trial is too emotionally charged for Anna to deal with. UGH.

Because it IS, though. That's how they've written Anna for a YEAR. She can't handle anything because she's so devastated about Duke. I guess I just see it as someone who is in mourning and has not healed vs. weak.

Totally understand your frustration, though.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

, it should be someone better than this boring ass wet drip vanilla wafer Nelly person. This character is on her way to reaching Tree levels of dullness to me.

This young actress strikes me as the best young actress/actor to have joined the bloated cast in the past couple of years.  She's so much more fun to watch then any of the younger actors that have joined GH in recent years (e.g., Sabrina, Felix, Brad, Valerie, Tree, Dillon, Morgan, TJ and original TJ, Kristina (2X) and her boyfriends).   But it's only a matter of time before she drinks the PC water and begins to see the wheel imprints as the Sonny/Carly/Jason Parrish worship bus runs over her. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Do they have to stage so many bleeding conversations in the Perks courtyard?  Even Ava, bless her heart, was having her latte there instead of her usual mixed drink in the Metro Bar. It's after Labor Day now--isn't the weather getting autumnal in Port Charles, with brisk breezes and blowing dead leaves?

Seems like Perks should not be such a cozy choice anymore.

I don't even understand why people would be grabbing coffee to sit outside in the back of a restaurant. And its supposed to be a cafe but looks like a shore shack.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, In2You said:

I dont get the hype about this chick who plays Nelle. She's dull onscreen.

Ditto on that. Although she does have the crazy eyes down path.

Also, is Parker coming back, or is that terrible storyline done. Please say it's done.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, In2You said:

I don't even understand why people would be grabbing coffee to sit outside in the back of a restaurant. And its supposed to be a cafe but looks like a shore shack.

Does anyone not enjoy BLTs anymore?   Like, we literally can't even have Kelly's?  Nor can we have the Metro Court?  We can only have Sonny's Go Cart Coffee Mobile Express Lane.  There are eight billion people on this show.  The credits are three seconds long.  Frank is stupid. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ditto on that. Although she does have the crazy eyes down path.

Also, is Parker coming back, or is that terrible storyline done. Please say it's done.

They can ship Kristina back to college. Crap story, crap character, crap actress. And send Morgan with her. The next female they bring on in that age range needs to be someone with goals working at the hospital.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Does anyone not enjoy BLTs anymore?   Like, we literally can't even have Kelly's?  Nor can we have the Metro Court?  We can only have Sonny's Go Cart Coffee Mobile Express Lane.  There are eight billion people on this show.  The credits are three seconds long.  Frank is stupid. 

They don't even need to go to Kellys for BLTs.  Give them a better signature dish for people to rave about . And I know the diner crowd can often skew older so I can see why the younger wants wouldn't be hanging out there (unless the diner is close to a college you're pretty likely to find 20 somethings opting for the coffee shop) but the ones with young kids should be stopping in to grab a bite to eat often. And we should definitely see more of the working crowd at the Metro Court restraunt. If we're gonna have a coffee shop it should be a simple small set indoors with a couple of tables, a counter with a register, a counter with machines and pots, and a display case full of baked goods.  Not whatever the hell that is going on in the back of Sonny's restaurant. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, In2You said:

They don't even need to go to Kellys for BLTs.  Give them a better signature dish for people to rave about . And I know the diner crowd can often skew older so I can see why the younger wants wouldn't be hanging out there (unless the diner is close to a college you're pretty likely to find 20 somethings opting for the coffee shop) but the ones with young kids should be stopping in to grab a bite to eat often. And we should definitely see more of the working crowd at the Metro Court restraunt. If we're gonna have a coffee shop it should be a simple small set indoors with a couple of tables, a counter with a register, a counter with machines and pots, and a display case full of baked goods.  Not whatever the hell that is going on in the back of Sonny's restaurant. 

That's where they are?  I thought that was off the pier or literally a cart that Sonny parked in front of Kelly's.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Because it IS, though. That's how they've written Anna for a YEAR. She can't handle anything because she's so devastated about Duke. I guess I just see it as someone who is in mourning and has not healed vs. weak.

I see it as someone who needs a high dosage of anti-psychotics and maybe some electroshock therapy.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Apparently now Sonny is so central to this show that his eatery is the main venue for coffee, snacks, etc (although the Floating Ribs handles the beers and barbecue). Soon the actors will have to brush the snow off the tables to shiver and have their coffees outside. The only positive to this set is that we don't have to listen to that lame jazz music they are always playing in the background at the inside venues like Metro Court and Floating Rib.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Totally understand your frustration, though.

Maybe it wouldn't be half as appalling about Anna's Duke fixation had this same behavior once extended to, I don't know, her own daughter?! (I get real-life logistics with KMc gone precluded actually finding Robin, but even an attempt would have been great! Instead, it was all "Robin's broken? Bummer!" Not to JUST blame Anna as Patrick acted like a brain-dead moron wallpaper cutout, too. But the contrast of Duke versus Robin on Anna's scale of concern is just fucked up.)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe it wouldn't be half as appalling about Anna's Duke fixation had this same behavior once extended to, I don't know, her own daughter?! (I get real-life logistics with KMc gone precluded actually finding Robin, but even an attempt would have been great! Instead, it was all "Robin's broken? Bummer!" Not to JUST blame Anna as Patrick acted like a brain-dead moron wallpaper cutout, too. But the contrast of Duke versus Robin on Anna's scale of concern is just fucked up.)

Don't even get me started. And I don't care if KMc wasn't on full-time. 

Sam could talk about Robin and Jason could imagine Robin and even see her picture and go, "I know this woman!" But Anna had to be all, "This was never her home, it's yours!" And Patrick was like, "I was gonna marry Sabrina, I swear!" Gimmie a break.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

The whole operation collapsed after Sean was sent to prison. He was the only person who could run the joint. Sean is in prison, TJ lost his job because of that, Kelly's is in the dumps. </sarcasm>

5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Robin is living in her lab, totes normal.

This is how the show gets you. Oh, you wanted Anna back? Here's Anna, she is now off her rocker because of Duke who was murdered, even though he was no better himself. Do you hate her now? You wanted Robert? Here's Robert, talking babies with Lulu, being "friendly" with Sonny, do you want him gone now?

• Love 11

I thought it was hilarious how Griffin was all, "shift's over, other doctors are working on her, I'm outta here" then wanders off to yak with Maxie in the park, then talk to Sonny.   What happened to the (unrealistic) dedication of doctors on this show? 

I'm willing to give Griffin a pass here.  He's not her doctor (not even the right specialty).  She has two doctors in surgery with her.  He's not besties with Liz (had it been Patrick I would have expected him to stick around) and he's likely got a shift the next day.  

But again, if she's hemoraging that much, either call local hospitals and see if they have the blood in stock or remove her spleen and save her life.  This running around town, to get a hold of Hayden, in hopes that she'll be a match, then wasting time, then dragging her to the hospital to donate, LIz had time to die eleventy times by then.  But we have to have Franco be her saviour and Hayden be her donator so LIz can be grateful to both hateful characters.  Eh, I'm surprised that it wasn't Sonny saving the day yet again.  

• Love 4

I've decided that Avery has to be Morgan's daughter. It's the only thing that makes sense in Carly's determination to keep Morgan paired up with worthless ass Kiki. She's hoping that there's some innate basic decency (Hah!) that will keep Morgan and Ava from cheating on Kiki... again when they find out they have a child together.

Of course, that might actually be Soapy so I assume JP/SA would avoid that story like the plague

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

But again, if she's hemoraging that much, either call local hospitals ...

To the writers' (minimal) credit, they did say something about trying to get blood from other hospitals. I barely payed attention so I don't know what exactly was said but it was mentioned.

Edited by peachmangosteen
19 hours ago, ciarra said:

And Franco and his blood drive was working at glacial pace.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

To the writers' (minimal) credit, they did say something about trying to get blood from other hospitals. I barely payed attention so I don't know what exactly was said but it was mentioned.

I believe that Griffin said he had called Mercy Hospital about it. Probably Sonny and Hatechel will arm-wrestle to see who gets to donate, but they might also have to get weighed to see if they can each tip the scales at 110 pounds.

11 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Apparently now Sonny is so central to this show that his eatery is the main venue for coffee, snacks, etc (although the Floating Ribs handles the beers and barbecue). Soon the actors will have to brush the snow off the tables to shiver and have their coffees outside. The only positive to this set is that we don't have to listen to that lame jazz music they are always playing in the background at the inside venues like Metro Court and Floating Rib.

Yes! I swear, the so-called music played in Floating Rib scenes is so depressing, and the Metro Court music isn't any better. Usually, they play the same damn song in the Floating Rib, but I noticed that they were playing some guitar-based garbage this past week.

My finger was at the ready on the Mute button on Tuesday, but surprisingly, they didn't play Jason and Sam's downer tune "Baby, Just You and Me" at their slapdash wedding. I do ask myself why I am so distracted by the crappy music.....it's as if my brain is trying to avoid focusing on the lazy writing in those scenes. But there's no respite from the dreck. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, nilyank said:

Except the real Carly came to the show and turned out to be horrible Reese. Why would she want revenge on Carly? Carly didn't kill her. Guza's train crash sweeps story killed and no one mourned her loss.

Meh, have it turn out that Reese was a terrible mother to her, and Reese's job obsession made Nelle secondary. Or she can be the secret child given up for adoption after the big accident.  She found out about the Carly/ Caroline relationship and what Carly did after the accident and she wants to even things up. 

As for Kelly's,  I thought that Shawn's secret chili was also a big hit. But, perhaps the recipe is with him in the slammer. Why isn't Kelly's housing TJ and Molly? Dillon I can understand, can stay at the Qs mansion or perhaps Ned's  gatehouse or even the lakeside cabin/cabana that Morgan stayed in, I think. Where is Val at now? Where does Andre live? Hell, where does Lucy, Kevin and Scott live?

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Where does Andre live? Hell, where does Lucy, Kevin and Scott live?

I think they're staying on a secret floor at the MetroCourt to which Carly has no keys. So understandably, they don't tell many people their addresses. 

Either that, or they're the ones in those big suites on the Baldwin Deck of the barge. 

• Love 3
On 9/10/2016 at 0:51 PM, dubbel zout said:

Don't get me wrong, I want this story over and done with. I can't believe Justice for Duke has been a bigger plot point than AJ's death. (Well, I can, because AJ was fat. But you know what I mean.)

A lot of people like cats better than fat people.  

Seriously, though, it pisses me off that we've been subjected to the Justice for Duke the criminal shit for what seems like a lifetime, but it took a couple months for everyone to be like "yeah, but Sonny carried a bomb for a foot, so, bygones!" over AJ's death.  I don't think it's even allowed to be acknowledged anymore.  

• Love 11

I was out of town all last week and I'm now catching up. Random thoughts:

--Sam and Jason are still dull, but Spinelli is nice in small doses.

--Thanks, Griffin, for reminding me that you're Dear Departed Duke's son. I honestly had forgotten.

--Funny how Liz's rare unicorn blood type was never mentioned any of the previous times she was shot/in the hospital.

--Morgan needs to be hit with a tranquilizer gun. 

• Love 2
On 9/10/2016 at 10:06 AM, LeftPhalange said:

If they're going to bring on a long lost child for Carly/someone to give her shit, it should be someone better than this boring ass wet drip vanilla wafer Nelly person. This character is on her way to reaching Tree levels of dullness to me.

Because Sonny's not going anywhere, and it would make the cops seem more bumbling than they already are.

• Love 1

I hope the Nelle story happens quickly, faster than normal soap time, for totally selfish reasons.  Carly is my favorite character and I have for the most part loved LW's performance, except when things are going well for Carly.  Then I find LW to be vapid and giggly, not compelling at all.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 3

Previously on TFGH:

Franco: Elizabeth is dying, and Hayden has the same rare type as her. She has to go to the hospital.

Jordan: And this picture from Elizabeth's phone proves it wasn't Hayden.

Paul: The prisoner is not going anywhere! That photo is inadmissible since it breaks the chain of custody. (Thumbdrive containing Ava's confession falls from Paul's pocket, Paul picks it up.) Besides, we have to get her ready for her execution.

Franco and Jordan: Execution?!?

Paul: Yes, for the murder of Elizabeth Webber.

Jordan: But Elizabeth isn't dead, and Hayden can save her.

Paul: Miss Barnes isn't going anywhere, especially since Elizabeth will be dead, and after  the court-martial and execution, we'll have the internment on Benecia.

(Jordan and Franco look at each other, then.....) Franco: This is that awful Star Trek episode where Kirk is possessed by that crazy doctor lady.

Paul: I am not crazy! Your world doesn't allow for women captains or successful D.A. You will ALL be court-martialed..... (Sonny and Jason come in..... and in three seconds, it's all over.)

Jordan: His life could have been as rich as any D.A's. If only... if only...

Franco: .... if only he worshiped Sonny and Jason.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Previously on TFGH:

Franco: Elizabeth is dying, and Hayden has the same rare type as her. She has to go to the hospital.

Jordan: And this picture from Elizabeth's phone proves it wasn't Hayden.

Paul: The prisoner is not going anywhere! That photo is inadmissible since it breaks the chain of custody. (Thumbdrive containing Ava's confession falls from Paul's pocket, Paul picks it up.) Besides, we have to get her ready for her execution.

Franco and Jordan: Execution?!?

Paul: Yes, for the murder of Elizabeth Webber.

Jordan: But Elizabeth isn't dead, and Hayden can save her.

Paul: Miss Barnes isn't going anywhere, especially since Elizabeth will be dead, and after  the court-martial and execution, we'll have the internment on Benecia.

(Jordan and Franco look at each other, then.....) Franco: This is that awful Star Trek episode where Kirk is possessed by that crazy doctor lady.

Paul: I am not crazy! Your world doesn't allow for women captains or successful D.A. You will ALL be court-martialed..... (Sonny and Jason come in..... and in three seconds, it's all over.)

Jordan: His life could have been as rich as any D.A's. If only... if only...

Franco: .... if only he worshiped Sonny and Jason.

Jason and Sonny shoot Freako multiple times in the head, throat, chest, stomach, and balls.

Jordan: calls the janitors to clean up the mess and dump the body in the woods.

• Love 6

WTF is this show doing to my characters? Sam is willing to give up her wedding night to have Jason go be with Liz in the hospital - Liz, the woman that systematically attempted to steal everything from Sam - and Jason just goes?

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

WTF is this show doing to my characters? Sam is willing to give up her wedding night to have Jason go be with Liz in the hospital - Liz, the woman that systematically attempted to steal everything from Sam - and Jason just goes?

I think it's supposed to show how generous and kind Sam is and how Liz is not a threat to her. but it just makes me wonder if the headwriters are robots with no knowledge of human emotions.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Jelly ain't shit.

• Love 6

It makes me so sad that this is what Tracy has been reduced to, propping Sabrina and being talked down to by Michael. 

Previews...Franco's on for the ten thousandth day in a row. #hate

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Davis Girls were the only worthwhile thing about today.

Sam continues to do the most for someone that would never do the same for her. Who was happily screwing her husband for 7 months. *sighs*

Another fucking day of Freako and looks like more tomorrow. Serously how many days in a row has he been on???\

Jason was so pointless today at the hospital. I guess he was on Freako propping duty. 

• Love 7