Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, ulkis said:

that's what really got me to say "REALLY, show?" Felix and Epiphany turned around like they were in awe.

LOL really. Everyone was acting like it was so amazing. That was just too much.

1 minute ago, fishcakes said:

Ha. So did I. I mean, that song is putrid and I cry all the time anyway, but it's still embarrassing. I don't care. You're Not Alone and Neither Am I.

It is nice to know that we are truly not alone. ;)

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

damn at Robin getting a 5 second speech and then Sabrina getting that with everyone acting like it was the most beautiful and amazing thing ever and hugging her. I mean really now!

And that's the problem. I don't even care about Sabrina. I literally don't want to talk about the character if I don't have to. But we've seen her sing this damn song MANY times. We haven't seen Robin at the NB. Not only was her speech too short, but the relevant people, including her own daughter, weren't there for it. It's ridiculous.

• Love 14
(edited)

I like Sabrina and I don't have any real strong feelings about Robin because I just really don't have much exposure to her, but that really was ridiculous. It just literally doesn't make any sense.

But I still liked Sabrina singing that dumb ass song and I won't apologize for it anymore!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like Sabrina and I don't have any real strong feelings about Robin because I just really don't have much exposure to her, but that really was ridiculous. It just literally doesn't make any sense.

But I still liked Sabrina singing that dumb ass song and I won't apologize for it anymore!

LOL, you don't need to apologize! Love it all you want.

Pip embracing Sabrina and not Robin, though. Another joke. 

The best part was Sam. She looked like she didn't give a flying fuck and ran out when it ended. <3

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL, you don't need to apologize! Love it all you want.

Pip embracing Sabrina and not Robin, though. Another joke. 

The best part was Sam. She looked like she didn't give a flying fuck and ran out when it ended. <3

God bless Kelly's "Forget about motives Thompson and let's just get the fuck outta here" 'tude sometimes, heh.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

God bless Kelly's "Forget about motives Thompson and let's just get the fuck outta here" 'tude sometimes, heh.

You knoooow JT hated that bc he's all about "Let's sit here with our scripts and discuss this until 2020" but I love it, lol. Sometimes it's a necessary trait.

• Love 6

I bet Nik staged his death and Hayden was supposed to find him not Jason

That's my money too.  Especially since TC is being "temporarily" replaced.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

So did Morgan's slowing head bob of "heeey, wait a minute."

That totally cracked me up.

I thought Jason got all of his memories back—why is he telling Robin he's starting to remember her?

JMB would have been mortified to do "Doctor's Orders." LOL that Maxie didn't even fake lip-synching. Sonya Eddy looked amazing, and her voice was right for the song. No autotuning for her!

Ugh, Amy 2.0. Can she fall off a roof and die, please?

It was so satisfying to see Sabrina get slapped into handcuffs while Michael sputtered.

• Love 7

Maxie giving no fucks about knowing the song gave me life!  If Dillon & Kiki hadn't been so damn adorable, it might have been the best "B" part of the show.  I can't believe Kiki almost doesn't "lift right out" for me anymore.  Feels weird.  Good thing it won't last since the Morgan is hovering.

Yeah, Nik faked his death to implicate wifey, IMO. But I'm sure Nik will be fine with Jason falling into the trap.

Robin's speech was great, though it could have been a smidge longer.  And it would have been nice to at least see Emma there (she could have been on an extended water/snack break during magic Milo & his Wands).

Jordan can't listen to Hayden talk about how her hubby tried to have her murdered in the face but can arrest Sabrina for aiding & abetting?  I'm all for the latter, but this is why you suck as Commissioner, Jordan .    

Bobbie & Brad gave me all the feels at Lucas' bedside.  THAT'S what had me tearing up during "No One's Ever Alone Again Forever".  Loved them joining hands and Brad's upset face got me.  

Sam is rocking the shit outta that dress, even with the jacket over it at Wyndemere.

• Love 8

What kind of person just says "okay I'm coming in" to another person's home, a person who is suing him, where there is mutual dislike? Oh, that's right. Jason does. The arrogance and entitlement is so annoying.

Dillon and Kiki were awesome. Loved it, loved it ! I have a couple ship. It's nice to have one. Cause really....all the other current couples are ungood. There needs to be a serious shake up.

Although Curtis and Hayden have potential-I love how  he comes to her defense. With so many men on this show being a version of Jason, it's nice to see a few aren't.

I am really loving Finn. It's also nice to have a character on the hospital staff that I can care about besides Monica.

• Love 6

I am really loving Finn. It's also nice to have a character on the hospital staff that I can care about besides Monica.

Finn was a much needed reprieve from the NB.  Not a huge fan of Robin sharing the same oxygen as Sonny and Jason, but I enjoyed her speech.

• Love 3

Lol at Sabrina's face when Jordan arrested her.   Like, you helped a fugitive escape.  What did you think would happen?  TeCa does look great for having two babies back to back.  I want her hair.  But Sabrina, did you ever think that perhaps I want to be alone?   I don't like Nurse Amy.  She's grating.   So, hearing the Anthem done by Boring and Annoying was like being told I have to choose between Justice for Duke or Avery's Custody Battle.   Like, they both suck.  Then Jordan saved me.  Thanks Jordan.  And I got to be alone.  Suck it, GH.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

What kind of person just says "okay I'm coming in" to another person's home, a person who is suing him, where there is mutual dislike? Oh, that's right. Jason does. The arrogance and entitlement is so annoying.

How about the home of a Prince being unlocked and everybody just walks on in? Sam ran in right after him.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Did Lulu do that number all by herself

Why did they put Valerie right next to Lulu during the whole number? Did Show realize? Or was it a gross mistake? Surely they  aren't besties.

• Love 3

Wait, Epiphany is dating Milo??! When did that happen and is it the dumbest thing ever? 

How is Bobbie Lucas' s mom? I remember her not being able to have kids. How is Julian his dad. He just came on the scene a few years ago. Although, he got Alexis pregnant after meeting her in a bar. Maybe he met Bobbie too. 

I hate Jackie Zeman (sp?) As much as you guys hate Sonny. 

14 minutes ago, Kendall said:

How about the home of a Prince being unlocked and everybody just walks on in? Sam ran in right after him.

Small point: don't people have to ride a ferry to go to the Island where Wyndemere is? So wouldn't Sam and Jason have to have been on the same ferry to arrive almost simultaneously? Yet neither seemed aware of the other's presence.

• Love 15
(edited)

How is Bobbie Lucas' s mom?

She adopted him as a baby.  Cheryl Stansbury? and Julian are the bio parents, I think Tiffany Hill is Cheryl's sister.  Bobbie and Tiffany fought over the baby; it was an illegal adoption.  I think there was a WTD story, with Robert Scorpio being the potential dad.  But my memory fails me, so I could be wrong.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4

The Aveeno product placement was really bold, especially when Carly rubbed it on her face and did an actual commercial about the cream to Sonny. Bad Girl Ava probably would have told Paul that she was using it for personal moisture and pleasure enhancement.

Aveeno and Show should have realized that we'd think of better uses than greasing up Carly's chin.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

How is Bobbie Lucas' s mom? I remember her not being able to have kids. How is Julian his dad. He just came on the scene a few years ago. Although, he got Alexis pregnant after meeting her in a bar. Maybe he met Bobbie too. 

Bobby and Tony Jones adopted Lucas. Damian is his biological father. His bio mom was Tiffany's sister I think, who died when he was still tiny. That custody battle is good soap.

I still have a lot of affection for Bobbie/JZ, but it always is disappointing how much she's changed. Bobbie was truly one of General Hospital's most interesting characters for decades (actually, I think you could make a decent case for her being GH's greatest character). And now I find her a little bit uncomfortable to watch. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

Wait, Epiphany is dating Milo??! When did that happen and is it the dumbest thing ever? 

Piph and Milo started dating in late 2014.  Bobbie adopted Lucas as a baby, Julian was already "dead", IIRC, but was proven to be Lucas' bio dad.

16 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Small point: don't people have to ride a ferry to go to the Island where Wyndemere is? So wouldn't Sam and Jason have to have been on the same ferry to arrive almost simultaneously? Yet neither seemed aware of the other's presence.

The launch uses the same wormhole used by planes flying to and from Port Charles.  The wormhole is located somewhere east of the coast of Bolivia.  

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 8

Thanks, Ladybyrd. Why does he call Julian his dad? 

All the way back to the early 80's when we used to skip school to watch GH, I've thought JZ was the worst actress ever. She is so awkward and half the time isn't even looking at the person she's talking to and she baby talks.

Kiki and Dillon sang Stitches? Be still my heart- too freaking cute, and I absolutely love that song. Definitely going to watch that, and their kiss, again. Too bad Morgan will ruin it. Run back to Ava, Morgan!

Nik faking his death would be pretty awesome. I'm tired of Hayden being so smug, but he is also ridiculous. Sell one of your homes or that damn freaky island if you need money.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

Thanks, Ladybyrd. Why does he call Julian his dad? 

All the way back to the early 80's when we used to skip school to watch GH, I've thought JZ was the worst actress ever. She is so awkward and half the time isn't even looking at the person she's talking to and she baby talks.

Because Damian Smith wasn't his bio dad; Julian is. Cheryl Stansbury was Lucas' birth mom, though.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Because Damian Smith wasn't his bio dad; Julian is. Cheryl Stansbury was Lucas' birth mom, though.

Whoops, you're totally right, I did mean Julian. Not the first time I've reversed those names. Sorry!

Edited by Ladybyrd

Damn it I was ready to get ragey with You're Not Alone but I'm tearing up, especially with those Lucas shots. This song still gives me the feels, and I'm glad they weren't lip syncing. 

Why are they making Finn the obvious red herring for the Angel of Death? I wonder besides Dr O who it could be.

• Love 2

The Killon, I can't believe how much I love them. So the song, I despise and loathe that song but I thought both of them sang really well and it was definitely the best number out of all of them, musically. I kind of feel bad for making fun of RPW's talents before, but this was really nice to watch. And that kiss! Or should I say kisses, because there were at least two, and then actually they had to be kissing through the commercials when Lulu and Maxie caught them. Suck it, Morgan indeed. I wish he wasn't about to ruin things just when it's starting to get really good.

I felt so sorry for Brad when Bobbie told him to get to the hospital with that teary voice. I would have been terrified if I were him. Credit for him not showing any sign that anything was wrong.

Cayden are pretty, but I'll need something to start happening between them. Move it along, writers.

Sam just looks fantastic, top to bottom. Covet her hair and that dress.

I'm glad that Sonny wasn't there for Robin's speech. The less Sonny, no matter what the situation, the better. Unless it's anything negative, but then you know that would be Bizarro GH. Carscum continue to make this show a living hell for anyone watching.

I missed Molly and TJ not being there to perform. I liked seeing Haley and Tequan on stage in the past.

I hate the song "You're Not Alone" and the fact that Sabrina yet again steals time, but it was sung well.

• Love 9

I'm glad that Sonny wasn't there for Robin's speech. The less Sonny, no matter what the situation, the better. Unless it's anything negative, but then you know that would be Bizarro GH. Carscum continue to make this show a living hell for anyone watching.

OK, I'm with you, this comment is extremely valid. 

Dante looked SO engaged with Robin's speech. I forgot for a second he was a POS. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Jason's Magic Motorcycle has wheels that turn on their sides like a Hovercraft, so that's how he got there and Sam is an expert scuba diver from her old con artist days. She took off her fins before running in the house.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

A fake Nik has been floating around my brain for awhile too.  I attributed it to the fact that I could not accept this new, evil incarnation of Nikolas, so I just told myself it was an imitation, conjured up by Helena.  Why?  No freaking idea; just couldn't stand the thought that he'd gone over to the dark side on his own.  I'm glad to see I have company.  

Heck, I've been tossing around Fake!Jake, Fake!Jason, and even Fake!Franco (which is why I don't have the full-on hate of him, though I should). Someone postulated that it was all tied into Crighton-Clark, Helena, the kidney thing, Dr. Finn, the Legend of Doom, and even the Berlin scam.

Any other show (Hi, Gotham!) would be able to pull it off. However, we're talking about Show, which shat out a thumbdrive to have Carly steal and upload to Da Clowd to blackmail Ava over Avery.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, twoods said:

Damn it I was ready to get ragey with You're Not Alone but I'm tearing up, especially with those Lucas shots. This song still gives me the feels, and I'm glad they weren't lip syncing. 

Why are they making Finn the obvious red herring for the Angel of Death? I wonder besides Dr O who it could be.

NutmegsMom went Occam's Razor and thought it was Grumpy Old Doctor who got canned because Dr. Finn showed up and save Tracey, and this is his rewenge.

The reason why I don't think Dr. O. is that, she might have been a homicidal killer doctor at the Swiss Clinic, right now, she's portrayed as someone who wouldn't kill because there's too much paperwork involved in murdering patients.

• Love 5

Between Nik whining he has to pay taxes on a large stock sale and Carly whining that Jason's off-shore holding from dirty money are totally clean.... they should have just nabbed Ava for not paying taxes on her Aveeno gift bag.

(And I love Carolyn Hennessey, but I'm waiting for some Better Call Saul justice to befall Diane from the bar for all her mob dealings, and her fall would just Jenga down the Corinthos organization.)

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

NutmegsMom went Occam's Razor and thought it was Grumpy Old Doctor who got canned because Dr. Finn showed up and save Tracey, and this is his rewenge.

The reason why I don't think Dr. O. is that, she might have been a homicidal killer doctor at the Swiss Clinic, right now, she's portrayed as someone who wouldn't kill because there's too much paperwork involved in murdering patients.

Grumpy Old Doc should technically be super pissed at Griffin, since he's the one who originally questioned G.O.D's (heh) doctoring skillz. Hammy only came in at the tail end, after Dr. Thorn Birds turned his Puss in Boots eyes on Asian Bradley Cooper who coughed up Tracy's test results. For which G.O.D. then immediately caught them and put Dr. Thorn Birds on blast. 

If you're going into the nemesis game, G.O.D., please get your game tight. 

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Between Nik whining he has to pay taxes on a large stock sale and Carly whining that Jason's off-shore holding from dirty money are totally clean.... they should have just nabbed Ava for not paying taxes on her Aveeno gift bag.

Oh I am sooo ready for that smug witch Carly to do a tax tango with the IRS because maybe her Metro business has had a part in the laundering of Sonny's and Jason's dirty money from mob activities. I've long wanted the Corinthos marriage to be eroded or crash and burn if Carly finds out that Sonny went behind her back and used her business to foster and spread mob activities and assassination plans by domestic and foreign agents. For example, Sonny might book a big (secretly) mob convention at the Metro where profits are taken and deals made. Or maybe he's secretly been taking mob money and investing it in Metro stock or real estate for expanding the Metro. Bottom line, perhaps to the government it looks like the Metro and mob money have merged years ago. Even the Corinthos donations to General Hospital could be tainted, weakening its prestige and strength in treating the community (i.e., nicknamed "the Mob's hospital"). Homeland security and the IRS could bug the Metro to prove that it is a front, and accidentally catch PC citizens doing all sorts of no-no. Maybe Sonny and Jason have mob mistresses they meet at the Metro too. Let's face it: PC's own finest would be clueless and flatfooted about finding and rooting out sophisticated evil, and the corrupt mayor and DA would be looking the other way if bribed.

I don't want to make Show "All in the (Corinthos) Family," or Sonny-centric, but I would love to see the teh smugness of both partners undermined, and the fallout and family betrayal when trust between them is shattered.

• Love 8
(edited)
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Jason got all of his memories back—why is he telling Robin he's starting to remember her?

He said he was 'starting to remember' to someone else a couple days ago, too. These writers still haven't actually ended this shit apparently. STOP THE MADNESS!

LOL that Maxie didn't even fake lip-synching.

This was probably my favorite part of the whole NB tbh.

2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Grumpy Old Doc should technically be super pissed at Griffin, since he's the one who originally questioned G.O.D's (heh) doctoring skillz. Hammy only came in at the tail end, after Dr. Thorn Birds turned his Puss in Boots eyes on Asian Bradley Cooper who coughed up Tracy's test results. For which G.O.D. then immediately caught them and put Dr. Thorn Birds on blast. 

This might be my favorite post ever.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The Aveeno product placement was really bold, especially when Carly rubbed it on her face and did an actual commercial about the cream to Sonny.

That bit of product placement made me laugh because that cream is evidently pretty greasy based on how shiny she was. Girl could have fried a chicken on her face.

Do the sponsors of the NB episodes actually donate money to HIV/AIDS research? I hadn't thought about it before, but it occurred to me this year that it's kind of gross if they're sponsoring GH in a way that makes it look as if they're supporting a cause when really they're just selling their product as usual.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'd just settle for a come-to-Jesus speech from Robin, TBH.  Anna's needed that for a while, and Dr. Xerox's efforts don't really count.

3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

It almost assuredly has to be a redshirt on general principle, so that reduces the suspect list to two: Dr. Mays, whom we conveniently haven't seen in a while, and Bizarro Maxie.  Conversely, if it was going to be a name, it'd have to be Dr. O--and if that was the case, it'd be the thing that ushers her off the show.  Not sure if that's a good thing at this point.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, teenj12 said:

I was pretty confused there at the end with Nikolas. Was the implication that Jason pushed him again, or Nik tried to commit suicide and Jason just happened to be there at the wrong time?

17 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

A fake Nik has been floating around my brain for awhile too.  I attributed it to the fact that I could not accept this new, evil incarnation of Nikolas, so I just told myself it was an imitation, conjured up by Helena.  Why?  No freaking idea; just couldn't stand the thought that he'd gone over to the dark side on his own.  I'm glad to see I have company.  

Come on now it's obvious....secret evil twin...duh

seriously I think he was trying to frame Hayden for attempted murder but how would he know he wouldn't really die, plus he looked beat-up too. I thought the set-up for that scene was kind of confusing.

Dillion and Kiki's kiss was cute but I really disliked their outfits so it distracted me. They looked like they robbed a couple of hobos or got random clothes from goodwill. and IMO this Kiki can't sing after a few notes I had to ff.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I just read this as narrated by Will Arnett.   

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Kendall said:

Jason's Magic Motorcycle has wheels that turn on their sides like a Hovercraft, so that's how he got there and Sam is an expert scuba diver from her old con artist days. She took off her fins before running in the house.

This is taking me back to my all-time unintentional comedy gold scene, that being when Jason, in the middle of a storm that grounded all the boats to Wyndemere, jet-skied over to the island, complete with a hair-blowing fan that Beyonce would covet.

• Love 13

so I just finished yesterday's show and while Carly propping Aveeno's Night Cream for its rejuvenating effects was cringe worthy, I thought the rest of the NB was pretty good. And UO maybe, but I mostly liked the "Doctor's Orders" skit. Except for Lulu. While I certainly couldn't have pulled off those moves, I thought ER looked very awkward doing them. KSt looked completely natural but somehow ER's movements came across as stiff or maybe just too rehearsed?

I also thought Dillon and Kiki looked cute together and wouldn't mind seeing where this goes. Except you know Morgan is going to do whatever he can to screw with them.

Wasn't there a pool of blood under Lucas' head? Or was that just a shadow? I wondered why none of the doctors noticed it when it looked so big, but maybe it was a shadow. And then of course Dr. Priest asks Finn if he injected Lucas with something. Really? I mean, when exactly would he have done that since you've been with him the entire time?

• Love 2