Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I watched GH today to see Sam and Kristina's conversation and I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't watched this show in a decade but am following Kristina's story.

I don't think any of that was scripted because it came off very naturally, especially when Sam was talking about Stone. So far, except for Alexis going into mama bear mode, this story has developed pretty well. Now I want to see Kristina mixing it up with other people and discovering herself more.

• Love 2

I think what dubbel zout is saying that they'd both be LGBT stories and there's already Kristina's story, plus Lucas and Brad (who they?).  I can't think of a US soap that has had more than one LGBT story/couple at any given time and I can't see these two writers being the ones to do it.

I disagree! Progression and all that? Furthermore, I cannot fathom the theory that Nathan shot Griffin, certainly not after today! As for Lucas and Brad? PLEASE! They have no presence at this point despite some wedding coming up which I'm sure will amount to nothing.

Edited by Syndicate

I know he's going nowhere but I enjoyed Paul unraveling.

If Griffin is Claudette that makes his backstory confusing. Did Duke knock up a woman in Quebec then?

Alexis being all sarcastic about Carlos' chances were funny. Yet it'll probably all miraculously work out somehow.

Kristina/Sam scenes were nice.

Why can't they take Kiki on vacation with them?

Nina/Dillon kissing. I wonder if the poor Dillon actor could handle that shit.

I don't think any of that was scripted because it came off very naturally, especially when Sam was talking about Stone. 

It was definitely all scripted. The actors have said several times they're not allowed to ad-lib anymore, for the past couple of years. Not that they didn't do a nice job, because they did.

• Love 2

Maxie should've just womaned up and said she didn't want to get married. Talking tree needs to learn how to take a hint. 

I really don't care about Anna's predicament. 

The Kristina/Sam scenes were well done. Everything else was blah.

Kill Franco.

• Love 7

I must say  I found it hilarious how absolutely flabbergasted Paul was that Anna was turning herself in.  

Was Sam saying that Kristina needs to go out and sleep with people so that she can decide which team she wants to play on?

So Griffin knows Nathan but Nathan doesn't recognize Griffin.  What does that mean exactly?  

So Nina was planning on going on vacation RIGHTNOW, without bags packed or anything?

• Love 1

I really don't like how the story of Sonny and Stone is now constantly used to shore up "Sonny's a good man!" arguments. So one good act YEARS ago is supposed to counteract all his crap since?

Right!? And it's sad that Stone/Robin is really the only example...to this DAY...of how Sonny is a good man. He hasn't done a damn thing since then.

Also, it irritates me when characters talk about things they weren't around for, although this show likes to act like Sam has been on-screen since Day 1.

• Love 3

I watched GH today to see Sam and Kristina's conversation and I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't watched this show in a decade but am following Kristina's story.

I don't think any of that was scripted because it came off very naturally, especially when Sam was talking about Stone. So far, except for Alexis going into mama bear mode, this story has developed pretty well. Now I want to see Kristina mixing it up with other people and discovering herself more.

Wait....WHAT?

Sam didn't know Stone. Sam wasn't on the damn show. Her retconned existence didn't happen for years latter. This is what happens when you kill or write off all the legacy characters. Pure BS

• Love 11

Was Sam saying that Kristina needs to go out and sleep with people so that she can decide which team she wants to play on?

Not necessarily sleep with them, but meet up and talk around and stuff, but I don't think she was excluding that either. 

Right!? And it's sad that Stone/Robin is really the only example...to this DAY...of how Sonny is a good man. He hasn't done a damn thing since then.

Also, it irritates me when characters talk about things they weren't around for, although this show likes to act like Sam has been on-screen since Day 1.

I think it's reasonable that Sam would know the whole Stone edit though. But then, I think Kristina would already know the story of That One Year Dad Acted Like a Decent Human Being herself already.

• Love 9

I really don't like how the story of Sonny and Stone is now constantly used to shore up "Sonny's a good man!" arguments. So one good act YEARS ago is supposed to counteract all his crap since?

There isn't any other example that Sam, or anyone, can give of Sonny being a good man. She's sure as hell not going to talk about Sonny/Jason and it's sad that when people try to reassure his children that he's not a complete shitbird that that's all there is to talk about

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

I think it's reasonable that Sam would know the whole Stone edit though. But then, I think Kristina would already know the story of That One Year Dad Acted Like a Decent Human Being herself already.

Ha. I wasn't necessarily commenting on Sam knowing the story. Doesn't everyone know that story by now, like you said. Isn't it written in the "Welcome to PC" brochure? Page 1, Line 1?

It's more a larger statement of this show. Sam telling Kristina "You didn't know him..." when Sam herself didn't...Hayden and Britt reading Liz about her past. Characters who weren't there for X somehow having all the inside scoop.

And the Sam thing reminded me about a joke I made last year where Ghost!Stone! visits to proclaim his love for Sam. It's coming together!

• Love 4

Ha. I wasn't necessarily commenting on Sam knowing the story. Doesn't everyone know that story by now, like you said. Isn't it written in the "Welcome to PC" brochure? Page 1, Line 1?

One day the way I want someone to tell it is: "once, there was a boy named Stone - yes, that was really what everyone called him, seriously - "

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

I can't believe that Alexis is ok with Krissy working for Sonny. I will never forget the time she called him out at her sister Kristina's funeral for being a mobster and responsible for her death.

But maybe I will get my dream plot of Krissy taking over Sonny's mob.

• Love 3

One day the way I want someone to tell it is: "once, there was a boy named Stone - yes, that was really what everyone called him, seriously - "

I want someone to respond to the end of the Sonny/Stone story with, "And? Doesn't he kill people?"

• Love 10

I want someone to respond to the end of the Sonny/Stone story with, "And? Doesn't he kill people?"

Untitled_zpsyztfyyyg.png

This was Lulu's face after Dante said, "he even built a Stone Cates Memorial wing". Girlfriend never looked more beautiful lol.*

*I'm going to pre-empt some people's jokes of "that was always her face". :p Her eyebrows are extra arched here lol. 

https://youtu.be/Q8HSt3NtlBs?list=PLBEFA64AA3718C7BC&t=470

At 7:50, it's hilarious.

Of course no one will respond with that anymore because AJ was fat, or something.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

I'm not saying that Sonny is good at all but he did do Stone a solid and Robin by extension during that time. As for Sam having that information, remember she's spent time with people who were closely connected to Stone and Robin when they were together. What I liked was how natural their conversation was. It didn't sound like soap speak per se.

• Love 2

I know he's going nowhere but I enjoyed Paul unraveling.

Richard Burgi was killing those scenes imo. Very entertaining. It also helps that I am literally 100% over Anna though so I am actually rooting for Paul. SONNY RUINS EVERYTHING!

I really don't care about Anna's predicament. 

SAME. As I just said, I am SO over her self-righteous, Duke deifying ass. 

To me Griffin came off like he was scared of Nathan. Or at least very weary of him. But that might not have been what it was supposed to be and the actor just isn't great. Or perhaps they didn't even tell the actor what the fuck is even going on so he doesn't know how to play it. Or maybe the writers themselves have no idea where this story is going. OK it's definitely the last thing.

Is Julian's hair for real? They want it to look that way?

I started fast forwarding the Sam/Kristina scenes as soon as Sam started to go on another "Sonny is the hero of PC!" speeches.

I don't know if it's just because I've heard the rumors but KS really comes off to me like she can barely contain her dislike of RP at this point. It's kind of hilarious.

ETA: Oh also, seriously what is up with the park scenes? Like the show is 100% getting canceled soon, right?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Richard Burgi was killing those scenes imo. Very entertaining. It also helps that I am literally 100% over Anna though so I am actually rooting for Paul. SONNY RUINS EVERYTHING!

Anna's tears have been annoying, but to me Paul is so smarmy. And Jordan has done nothing to him. He's underminded her from day 1.

ETA: Oh also, seriously what is up with the park scenes? Like the show is 100% getting canceled soon, right?

Unless they stop after the Nurses Ball? Maybe they're saving up for that? But if they don't stop at the Nurses Ball, then yes lol.

Maybe that's why they're seemingly casting Rebecca Budig's family: final episode of GH, a touching reunion and reconciliation!

• Love 2

Untitled_zpsyztfyyyg.png

This was Lulu's face after Dante said, "he even built a Stone Cates Memorial wing". Girlfriend never looked more beautiful lol.*

*I'm going to pre-empt some people's jokes of "that was always her face". :p Her eyebrows are extra arched here lol.

https://youtu.be/Q8HSt3NtlBs?list=PLBEFA64AA3718C7BC&t=470

At 7:50, it's hilarious.

Of course no one will respond with that anymore because AJ was fat, or something.

Thank you for this post. I needed this.

Girl, of course no one will say anything everrrrrr at this point. It's kinda funny, though, bc even the show knows they went too far with Sonny. There's a reason why they won't let Robin know about AJ on-screen, that's all I'll say.

• Love 5

Anna's tears have been annoying, but to me Paul is so smarmy. And Jordan has done nothing to him. He's underminded her from day 1.

This is all true, but I also hate Jordan now so yea, still rooting for Paul!

Unless they stop after the Nurses Ball? Maybe they're saving up for that? But if they don't stop at the Nurses Ball, then yes lol.

Maybe that's why they're seemingly casting Rebecca Budig's family: final episode of GH, a touching reunion and reconciliation!

You might be on to something there!

• Love 2

I'm not saying that Sonny is good at all but he did do Stone a solid and Robin by extension during that time. As for Sam having that information, remember she's spent time with people who were closely connected to Stone and Robin when they were together. What I liked was how natural their conversation was. It didn't sound like soap speak per se.

Definitely, which is why I have always bought Robin defending him, but the show has used the Stone stuff ad naseum to defend Sonny's every horrible action, which have gotten as bad you can get over the years. They turned him into a cold-blooded murderer.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

It's still insulting Morgan has stones name.

I'm sorry am I supposed to be impressed that Sonny build the AIDS wing.Heck poor Dominquie left lots of money for the pedtratic AIDS but nobody ever goes on how great she was I guess because she's dead lol.

• Love 1

Perhaps the reason that Griffin looked a little ill at the prospect of performing surgery, is because he had it himself. Yes, I know that's a stupid reason. GH is stupid. So, we're following a theme here.

I wish I cared about Griffin or Nathan, or their past, but I don't. And I have no interest in Griffin's story at this point, no matter what direction they go with him. Making him Claudette, won't make him interesting. HOWEVER. Him being Claudette, would explain several mysteries: why Griffin knows Nathan, but Nathan doesn't recognize "him".  I don't think Claudette was ever in love with another "man". I block Nathan out from boredom, so I don't know what's been said in scenes, about what Nathan saw. If he says he saw Claudette with another man, mea culpa.

I'm just thinking any references to "Griffin" at all, or perhaps Nathan finding men's clothing...it was all Claudette beginning to dress and think as Griffin.

She may have even invented Griffin and let Nathan think there was an affair, for whatever reason(s). I don't think the gunshot wound is because Nathan shot Griffin because of being involved with Claudette. I think Claudette and Nathan had a completely platonic relationship, never even seeing each other naked. I think one of two things happened: Claudette put the moves on Nathan, and Nathan saw her naked from the waist down and...well, The Crying Game comes to mind. Or there was never anything between them romantic, but Nathan walked in on Claudette naked and saw....something unexpected, and felt betrayed. Even so, I think Nathan had to be pretty drunk to shoot Claudette over it. But I think that's what happened.

I wish I cared, though. They are both still dull as dirt.

Evidently Kristina's one talent is being able to tell when someone has just had sex.

How has Alexis not been disbarred yet? She's going to sell Carlos down the river in order to save her ridiculous husband.

To me Griffin came off like he was scared of Nathan. Or at least very weary of him. But that might not have been what it was supposed to be and the actor just isn't great.

Yeah, I think it's just that he's an awful actor. He always looks a little scared to me. He's the only person I've ever seen with Resting Terrified Face.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 9

Although I spent most of the afternoon arguing the con position re: Griffin being transgendered, I did just remember that he was reluctant to appear in Crimson's "real men" issue.

Still, I'm leaning towards being trolled by the writers.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Yeah, I think it's just that he's an awful actor. He always looks a little scared to me. He's the only person I've ever seen with Resting Terrified Face.

I love that, can I borrow that phrase?

Eh, he looks constipated to me, much like BM(no pun intended) did in the scenes at the hospital last week.

• Love 2

I'm actually surprised more people at GH don't have terrified resting face!

• Love 9

To me Griffin came off like he was scared of Nathan.

If Griffin is scared of Gomer Pyle I'm going to scream with laughter.

This show has little interest in telling stories that aren't about straight white people so I really hope they don't even attempt to tell a transgender story. 

• Love 3

FYI you don't need to add the ed to transgender or say transgenders. Grammatically it's not necessary or correct.

I wouldn't trust most shows to get transgender stories correct when they barely get LGB stories correct, this show included.

• Love 2

I'm actually surprised more people at GH don't have terrified resting face!

We *could* do Resting Terrified Face of the Week awards, but I'm afraid it'd be the same actors over and over and it would just be too biased.

• Love 4

Griffin recognized Nathan, and was weird when they interacted, but Nathan didn't recognize him.  That said, I still think we're being trolled as far as this going in the direction of being a transgender story.

Yeah. These writers seem to know history less than Ron did, so I'll guess that Nathan James Nathan (who came to town seeking justice for his sister We Never Cared that was unjustly put in a coma by her evil husband Dr Silas Morley McBain ) accidentally murdered Claudette in a fit of jealousy. Magda covered it up by calling her sister, international terrorist and super doc, Liesel O. Nathan James Nathan did his penance by praying to horse statues at We Never Cared's bedside. It was there that he decided Dr Silas etc etc should pay. Griffin was Claudette's doctor, friend, the other guy, whatever.

Although I spent most of the afternoon arguing the con position re: Griffin being transgendered, I did just remember that he was reluctant to appear in Crimson's "real men" issue.

Still, I'm leaning towards being trolled by the writers.

It could be that he really didn't want to be around Nina. That's just good judgment.
  • Love 5

Once again, Davis-Girls interaction is the most interesting thing on an episode. I agree with those who said that Sam/Kristina's talk was very natural and un-soapy. I liked Sam's advice about her going out to get experience - which doesn't at all just mean sexual. When you're gay/bi/questioning, it helps to talk, hang out, and relate with others who are the same way. I liked that they pointed that out today. Also, Kristina telling Sam that she and Jason could handle anything, and Sam replying with "And so can you", gave me serious feels <333. I love how supportive they are with each other.

• Love 8

I really don't like how the story of Sonny and Stone is now constantly used to shore up "Sonny's a good man!" arguments.  So one good act YEARS ago is supposed to counteract all his crap since?

Before Stone was diagnosed with Aids. Sonny was a fagin character to him. He was a runner for the mob. Sonny gave drugs to Karen to make her forget she was sexually abused, and climb the pole bitch. After putting out hits on Jagger , karen's boyfriend and Stones brother.Sonny is good, and I am god.  . I will never root for Sonny. he is a mobster.

• Love 4

I actually liked Sonny telling Kristina she had to start contributing financially to her education. She shouldn't be able to waste thousands of dollars just because she's sexually confused. And even if she doesn't go back to school, she needs to start supporting herself at least partially.

I liked the Kristina/Sam talk, but the Sonny stuff was baloney. If the only thing Sam can bring up as proof of his tolerance and goodness is from twenty-one years ago, something is wrong.

Oh, Paul. Chickens come home to roost every now and then, and this is one of those times.

• Love 5

Sam says nice shit about Sonny to Krissy cause she tries not to bad mouth her sister's fathers to their face.

Sam can skin Sonny on a good day and she has. Sonny knows Sam doesn't play with his ass when she is mad about something.

I enjoy a scene here and there on this show but I still think it is terrible.

Now that Carlos and his shit is about to dominate, I see I will be watching clips again.

• Love 7

When current viewers chastise those who get frustrated and say that the show should be canceled by saying that people will be out of work, remember these cheap outdoor scenes. No lighting people. No art directors. No set design. No crew to put up the set.

Frank is doing a good job on his own of cutting the crew. So no one should be made to feel bad when they say that the show is beyond hope and should be canceled (not that they should have been made to feel bad in the first place).

• Love 5

It's also peculiar since Kristina was already told the story about Stone... from Sonny himself. So I guess the writers forgot?

I loved the Kristina/Sam stuff.  I have always loved Lexi and Kelly's vibe.  They are just so natural together, they feel like real sisters.  I love that Sam immediately hugged her.  And am really glad Kristina mentioned that she should have gone to Sam first....that was always pretty glaring considering she has usually always gone to Sam for that kind of stuff.

I did really like that Sam pointed out that just because she slept with Jason doesn't mean everything is back to where it was, and they still have stuff to work on.  It was a nice acknowledgment that they are still indeed building back up.

I spaced out during Naxie.  I always do.  And I don't remember what else happened.....Sonny grabbed Julian, but that's about all I retained.

• Love 9

Why does the outside of Port Charles look like San Francisco? Of course, GH tapes in Los Angeles but it looks so hilly by the park. I think it's so funny that GH is taping outside but I give them props for trying something different.

• Love 3

Why does the outside of Port Charles look like San Francisco? Of course, GH tapes in Los Angeles but it looks so hilly by the park. I think it's so funny that GH is taping outside but I give them props for trying something different.

Maybe FV is trying to save extra money instead of actually producing a better show 

• Love 7

Los Angeles isn't flat. There are tons of mountains and hillsides there. You don't have to go far in LA to get some topography happening.

• Love 1

I did enjoy Anna, Paul & Jordan getting into it. They were all going full throttle. I think Richard Burgi does an awesome job. I just wish he wasn't in the (sometimes) mob. I'm still curious if the end game is for Anna & Paul to become a couple?! Otherwise, there isn't anyone else for Anna on the canvas.

• Love 4