Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

So I get where Sonny is coming from with the whole don't give Avery message from Kiki that come from a psychic, but does he have to be abrasive and threatening.

Dear show, we know that the only people who are entitled to grieve however they wish to grieve are Sonny and his inner circle, and we know Ava is evil for messing with Morgan's pills, but the lack of empathy is a tad fucked up.

Also, Sonny, whyTF would impose your charity case on Epiphany and Milo if he was 3 years older?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I get where Sonny is coming from with the whole don't give Avery message from Kiki that come from a psychic, but does he have to be abrasive and threatening.

Dear show, we know that the only people who are entitled to grieve however they wish to grieve are Sonny and his inner circle, and we know Ava is evil for messing with Morgan's pills, but the lack of empathy is a tad fucked up.

Also, Sonny, whyTF would impose your charity case on Epiphany and Milo if he was 3 years older?

Sonny just had to remind Ava that he is the one holding all the cards regarding Avery. I loved when Trina called out Sonny's thuggery by saying Dev's criminal behavior came from the Corinthos side of the family. LoL. Of course, it was counteracted by Dev and Cameron sticking up for Sonny--calling him a great man. Ugh!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Maxie could also focus on her career.  The actress has gained a little bit of weight (Storms looks great and seems healthy, so I am not criticizing her.)  Why can't there be a storyline where Maxie deals with having gained weight due to the stress of becoming a widow and just having had a baby?  She is an editor of a top fashion magazine.  What if she had difficulty finding stylish clothing that fit her.  Maxie becoming aware of how plus size women ( KS is NOT plus size BTW) are treated by the fashion industry?  A scene of Maxie and Nina looking at the choices available to plus size women could be great.  Imagine a montage of these clothes being tried on and snarkily criticized be the duo.  Maxie, in her role as fashion editor, could take on the industry.  Maxie is a very determined woman.  It would be great to watch her challenging designers and retail stores to offer decent and fashionable clothing to women of all sizes.  She could interview and write a great series of articles about "real" woman  finding beautiful clothing that they can afford when they are over a size 14.  

Instead, the show's stylist dresses the actress in the most unflattering clothes they can find.  I often wonder if producers and stylist do this to "punish" actresses for the sin of not starving themselves and choose to maintain a healthy weight.  Maxie has always had a fashionable wardrobe.  There is no way Maxie would dress in such an unflattering way.  

I'm actually glad GH hasn't gone the route of mentioning KS's weight gain. As a plus-size woman myself, it's nice to see that her character is treated like a desirable, sexual being who is paired up with a hot (if boring) male lead. KS isn't plus-size, so I think it would come off totally wrong. I'm already tired of the PSAs, so we don't need one about how the fashion industry treats non-straight size women.

Also, KS recently called out a fan who was critical of her weight on Instagram. I suspect KS wouldn't want it highlighted further on the show. (And, in recent photos, KS appears to have lost the weight anyway and looks like she's a size 4, if that.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

I'm actually glad GH hasn't gone the route of mentioning KS's weight gain. As a plus-size woman myself, it's nice to see that her character is treated like a desirable, sexual being who is paired up with a hot (if boring) male lead. KS isn't plus-size, so I think it would come off totally wrong. I'm already tired of the PSAs, so we don't need one about how the fashion industry treats non-straight size women.

Also, KS recently called out a fan who was critical of her weight on Instagram. I suspect KS wouldn't want it highlighted further on the show. (And, in recent photos, KS appears to have lost the weight anyway and looks like she's a size 4, if that.)

I totally agree. I don't want a see a story about Maxie centered on her weight. The show would never do that to a male actor who had put on weight. I don't even think KS is that big. I think it's more that she use to be so tiny so her weight gain is more noticeable. I just hate how they dress Maxie now. She's suppose to be a fashionista, but the clothes the wardrobe department gives her to wear make her look so frumpy.

• Love 6

Carly's really gonna stand there and correct Joss' use of "hell" to "heck" before jumping into a discussion about the kid they're illegally harboring. I'm sure the show includes such small details to prove Carly's a caring mom, but I think if Joss is mature enough to participate in the Dev scam, she ought to be able use a mild expletive without getting chastised.

And I saw Joss make that soft face the moment Dev spoke up to defend Sonny. God, I miss that brief moment in time Joss hated Sonny and believed him to be toxic. Now she bristles at the slightest insult against him and is willing to put up with the Dev situation, which obviously isn't easy for her, because of Sonny and his damn quid pro quo policy.

My new coping mechanism for Sonny threatening Ava is to fantasize that when the day comes that GH's heart monitor finally flatlines, Ava guns down Sonny in a blaze of glory. He's such a relentless dick, how dare he lecture Ava on how she speaks to her daughter about her sister?

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I just hate how they dress Maxie now. She's suppose to be a fashionista, but the clothes the wardrobe department gives her to wear make her look so frumpy.

Yeah, it's really bad and I don't get it.  Yes, clearly she put on a little weight (much needed, IMO, as she was looking that kind of thin that you get when you're ill), but it's not as if they can't dress her stylish.  The awful blouses look like they're from Goodwill.  

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I totally agree. I don't want a see a story about Maxie centered on her weight. The show would never do that to a male actor who had put on weight. I don't even think KS is that big. I think it's more that she use to be so tiny so her weight gain is more noticeable. I just hate how they dress Maxie now. She's suppose to be a fashionista, but the clothes the wardrobe department gives her to wear make her look so frumpy.

I don't think she looks like she's put that much weight. It's her face, it looks a lot fuller.

9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, it's really bad and I don't get it.  Yes, clearly she put on a little weight (much needed, IMO, as she was looking that kind of thin that you get when you're ill), but it's not as if they can't dress her stylish.  The awful blouses look like they're from Goodwill.  

Her clothes combined with Genie's are so atrocious that Wardrobe deserves to be put on hiatus. 

• Love 9
(edited)
46 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Sonny just had to remind Ava that he is the one holding all the cards regarding Avery. I loved when Trina called out Sonny's thuggery by saying Dev's criminal behavior came from the Corinthos side of the family. LoL. Of course, it was counteracted by Dev and Cameron sticking up for Sonny--calling him a great man. Ugh!

Trina will go far because she's clearly a smart girl. Dev and Cameron, not so much.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I loved when Trina called out Sonny's thuggery by saying Dev's criminal behavior came from the Corinthos side of the family. LoL. Of course, it was counteracted by Dev and Cameron sticking up for Sonny--calling him a great man. Ugh!

I can't remember the exact wording, but on Monday Jason said something to Dev like "Sonny is the best person."  I was waiting for at least something specific, like "Sonny is the best person if you want to beat a murder rap" or "Sonny is the best person if you always wanted to experience having your life in peril," but nope, just Sonny's the best, period.

This show...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

But she doesn't remember Morgan, who died when Avery was too young to form memories, and I find super creepy that Sonny and Carly keep showing her Morgan's pictures and telling Avery about him.

Not to defend CarSon or anything Corinthi/Morgan related, but my father passed a week before my daughter's second birthday, and I've shown her tons of photos of her grandfather over the years.  It's the only way she'll know him.  

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I can't remember the exact wording, but on Monday Jason said something to Dev like "Sonny is the best person." 

He didn't feel that way when Sonny was sleeping with his little sister....

It's way past time for Josslyn to find out that Sonny had an affair with Michael's aunt Emily and disabled Jax's plane so that it crashed and he was presumed dead for a time, all because Jax had the audacity to want custody because he didn't trust Carly (due to her continuing association with Sonny) that little Joss would be safe.

• Love 8
(edited)

My thing with Maxie is she seemed like she wanted to meet out Dante because she's a busybody. She came off as sincere but it would have helped if they made it seem like she had other stuff to do and was doing this for Lulu and only for her. And she shouldn't have brought Peter along.

Lulu came across as an idiot too yesterday though. She didn't think it was that serious? Dante, Anna, and Robert all decided he should check himself in for a jaunt? The huge scar marks on his back were no big deal?

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's way past time for Josslyn to find out that Sonny had an affair with Michael's aunt Emily and disabled Jax's plane so that it crashed and he was presumed dead for a time, all because Jax had the audacity to want custody because he didn't trust Carly (due to her continuing association with Sonny) that little Joss would be safe.

She wouldn't care.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Oh right, didn’t Sonny take out a hit on Jason during that time?

I think we’re past the point of Sonny being seen as bad by anyone in his life. It’s been years since we’ve heard Kristina or Michael go after him and they’ve both really angry at him in the past. If his own kids aren’t going to be critical after all they’ve went through, I doubt we’re going to hear anything from Cam or Joss. Even if Joss found out about all that, they’d probably find a way to place the blame on Jax anyway. Hell, during that whole custody storyline, I don’t think anyone was really on Jax’s side until Sonny sabotaged his plane

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, I'd prefer a Nik recast to Tyler Christopher.  His person issues aside, he spent a lot of time sleepwalking the last time he was on GH, then spent a lot of time sleepwalking on Days.

It would depend on who was doing the recast and whether they're planning to continue that excruciating Ava/Nik story. If FV is going to be trolling parking lots and supermarkets so that we can get a Pwincess Ava story, I'd rather skip the return altogether.

Edited by Oracle42
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Lulu came across as an idiot too yesterday though. She didn't think it was that serious? Dante, Anna, and Robert all decided he should check himself in for a jaunt? The huge scar marks on his back were no big deal?

That bugged the hell out of me. Use your brain, Elizabeth Wakefield, Sweet Valley High Oracle Reporter.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The wardrobe department did the same thing to Genie Francis in the '90s when she returned from maternity leave and didn't lose the baby weight right away. They started to dress Laura like a frumpy grandma, even though Genie was only in her 30s at the time.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's so frustrating because if you look at her Instagram, Kirsten dresses really cute and looks so much better than Maxie, and not just clothing-wise. Her makeup and hair are also much better than what they do with Maxie. I don't understand why. I don't know how far out they film, but in all of her pictures, she looks 15 pounds lighter on instagram, and that's including pictures from March of this year. They just make her look terrible on the show.

• Love 5

I wish Ava had snapped back "our daughter" every time Sonny talked about Avery as "my daughter." 

Ava is an idiot to send a message to Avery from Lauren, but that doesn't mean Sonny has to be such an asshole. Oh, wait, Sonny is always an asshole.

How stupid is Dev that he thinks breaking and entering is a legit travel strategy? He's supposed to be so street smart, but that was one of the dumbest things he's said yet. Ugh. I really dislike this character. Though I hope he takes Sonny for everything he can get. That would redeem him a lot.

• Love 6

Advanced issues found

On 7/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

After Ava's last scene today with Sibley, and the Laura/Hayden/Ava scenes yesterday, if Lulu's next line is about missing having Nikolas to lean on since she doesn't have Dante in her life - I think it's a sure thing that Show is planning to recast Nikolas and Spencer. 

I'm really disappointed in Laura for sticking up for Maxie, and for Lulu getting over her anger at Maxie in under a day. This wasn't a minor incident, you twits. People, including Dante himself, could have died because of Maxie's recklessness.

Yeah, but Lulu would have had a lot of damn gall for staying bad longer than five minutes. We've been here before, with Nathan, and with Lulu being the unwitting reason Maxie was widowed.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:43 PM, ciarra said:

Lulu - waterproof mascara is your friend.  You look like a clown.

Interesting how they acknowledged Julian and Robert's history, but didn't go so far as to mention Cheryl or who's-the-dad with Lucas. 

Thought it was rude for Robert to drink in front of Finn, even if they are in a bar.

That made me laugh when I saw it -- like mother, like daughter. Laura was famous for her constantly running mascara. (She went through a lot of melodrama -- and that was before she ever heard of Spencers or Cassadines.)

• LOL 1

I find Nina's sudden self awareness and remorse hard to swallow.  Because the real Nina would say Willow deserved whatever she got and wasn't fit to keep her own child.

I was wondering, now the perceived danger has passed, whether Willow would decide she wants her son back.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, but Lulu would have had a lot of damn gall for staying bad longer than five minutes. We've been here before, with Nathan, and with Lulu being the unwitting reason Maxie was widowed.

Well, key word, unwitting. Maxie was very much witting. Well, witting in the sense that she had more idea of the consequences but unwittingly in that she went without wits about it.

(Although I still think no one dragged grown ass police officer Nathan into it.)

Sonny wants Dev to gain confidence? Wha? Dev seems pretty smug and confident already. Maybe Sonny wants him to reach "can shoot your relatives and be confident they'll kiss your ass" level of confidence.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It's so frustrating because if you look at her Instagram, Kirsten dresses really cute and looks so much better than Maxie, and not just clothing-wise. Her makeup and hair are also much better than what they do with Maxie. I don't understand why. I don't know how far out they film, but in all of her pictures, she looks 15 pounds lighter on instagram, and that's including pictures from March of this year. They just make her look terrible on the show.

This show did the same fucking thing to Kimberly. And still does. They dress her as fugly as possible, and if you look at pictures of her on her social media, Kimberly's outfits don't make her look like she's squeezed in like a sausage. And her make-up is flawless. But can't have Robin looking like the very attractive woman she is, nope. Can't have that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I can't get over the fact that Willow, Willow's lawyer, Brad & Lucas and their lawyer met IN PUBLIC to discuss Willow's legal fight with Shiloh and said the name Wiley about ten times.

Not to mention referencing Shiloh's criminal charges being the reason Wiley is safe.

Way to keep things on the down-low guys. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sonny wants Dev to gain confidence? Wha? Dev seems pretty smug and confident already. Maybe Sonny wants him to reach "can shoot your relatives and be confident they'll kiss your ass" level of confidence.

Seriously. Dev is also tiptoeing into that annoying field of yapping about people he knows absolutely nothing about. Ugh.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Sonny just had to remind Ava that he is the one holding all the cards regarding Avery.

Same as it ever was.  I can only imagine when Ava learns he's got a thug-in-training living with them and dares to voice concern.  He'll get all pissed off and, oh yeah, threaten her again.  So disgusting.

• Love 5

What softball team is Chase on? PCPD only has half a dozen employees.  On the other hand, Michael seems to be the only ELQ employee so maybe PCPD does have a chance.

Liz, honey, I love ya but saying "There were two types of people at the reception, those who had reason to push you into the harbor and those who have never met you" is not co-existing.

You gotta hand it to Liesl, she owns her villainy. So cheerfully saying admitting that she "couldn't get through the day without doing one or two tiny yet terrible things". Also kudos for KG for forsaking makeup in her hospital bed.  Jordan was wearing a ton of the stuff.

This writing is so bad.  What's the only family in Port Charles that requires a French-speaking governess?  And why does Charlotte even need a nanny? She's with Lulu half the time and Valentin seems to have endless time to hang around Port Charles.

17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How stupid is Dev that he thinks breaking and entering is a legit travel strategy? He's supposed to be so street smart, but that was one of the dumbest things he's said yet. Ugh. I really dislike this character. Though I hope he takes Sonny for everything he can get. That would redeem him a lot.

Me too. But he won't, he's mini-Sonny. Both Carly and Sonny told us so yesterday.

• Love 4

Mac and Jordan have cleared Hayden, Franco, Curtis, Finn, Bobbie, Epiphany, Scott, Ava, Sibley, Drew, and Kim. That leaves Laura, Kevin, Nina, Valentin, Julian, Brad, Lucas, Terry, Felix, or Stella (assuming all minors are innocent) who were wedding guests.

I'm thinking it was either Brad, Valentin or dark horse Nelle who snuck in.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Mac and Jordan have cleared Hayden, Franco, Curtis, Finn, Bobbie, Epiphany, Scott, Ava, Sibley, Drew, and Kim. That leaves Laura, Kevin, Nina, Valentin, Julian, Brad, Lucas, Terry, Felix, or Stella (assuming all minors are innocent) who were wedding guests.

I'm thinking it was either Brad, Valentin or dark horse Nelle who snuck in.

For entertainment value, I'd vote for Kevin.  the good twin becomes the evil twin.

If we're just letting anyone sneak in, I'd guess Faison.  I have no idea if he's dead or not, but seeing as how this is Port Charles I don't think it much matters.

For an actual guess, I would guess Julian.  Trying to protect Lucas from Brad's secret coming out.

4 hours ago, Katy M said:

'd guess Faison.  I have no idea if he's dead or not

Technically he's dead and his brain is in a jar, but anything is possible.

I think it's someone that wasn't a guest that showed up.  I'm voting for Jerry.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

This Chase dude is gorgeous and deserves to be on a respectable TV program. Someone grab him, pls.

They probably locked him in for at least another year and a half.

Dear god, the Jason/Sam scenes were an insomniac's dream today.  Really, show?  Their "drama" is going to be Sam getting her tattoo removed?  Such intensity--let's just hand them the Emmys now. /sarcasm

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Dear god, the Jason/Sam scenes were an insomniac's dream today.  Really, show?  Their "drama" is going to be Sam getting her tattoo removed?  Such intensity--let's just hand them the Emmys now. /sarcasm

I can’t handle how awkward they are, especially in those matching outfits.

• Love 4

And the dialogue to help SBu avoid anything acting anything actually romantic  Jason says the paper is a distraction and then get completely distracted.

Isn't Sam wonderful, suggesting that Willow and anyone else who wants it go  to see her plastic surgeon!  I hope she and Jason are going to pay for it from all their mega-funds.

• Love 1

Sam, maybe pay some attention to your own kids before you start spoiling your godson, huh?

Michael and Chase (and, alas, Mac) looked absurd in those dumb uniforms. And Sasha with that ridiculous sign. So much secondhand embarrassment.

So Sam getting her DoD tattoo removed is the big "surprise"? I'm thinking

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

I don't understand Nina's about-face regarding Willow and Wiley. 

• LOL 4
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand Nina's about-face regarding Willow and Wiley. 

Yeah, so weird.  But, I'm assuming she's going to go to Willow and beg her forgiveness while also giving her the job as Charlotte's nanny...oops, I mean governess.  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And the dialogue to help SBu avoid anything acting anything actually romantic  Jason says the paper is a distraction and then get completely distracted.

Isn't Sam wonderful, suggesting that Willow and anyone else who wants it go  to see her plastic surgeon!  I hope she and Jason are going to pay for it from all their mega-funds.

I don't want to hear Sam say anything about Franco ever again, because this version of Sam is completely unfazed by sexual assault and trauma to her person. Who on earth would use getting her tattoo removed from when she was forcibly drugged and almost raped as a precursor to sexy-times? 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder where Daisy went?  Why didn't they talk to her again about taking the fall for Shiloh stalking Sam, since they need witnesses for their case? 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Liz, honey, I love ya but saying "There were two types of people at the reception, those who had reason to push you into the harbor and those who have never met you" is not co-existing.

YOU ARE MARRIED TO A FORMER SERIAL KILLER, LIZ!

Also, Liz, I haven't forgotten that you pushed Britt into the harbor, and that was in January! #teambritt

• Love 3

And Sasha with that ridiculous sign.

I enjoyed the sign but detested the last name on Michael's shirt.  Why is he still head of a Quartermaine company if he won't even honor the name?

• Love 3

And the CEO of an international conglomerate has time to play on the softball team?

It's also a glaring reminder that, besides Michael, there are Z-E-R-O characters in the ELQ orbit, which is such a wasted opportunity.

• Love 2

So... I guess they block taped at a nearby park recently? that's why we had the kids and the softball game? 

I can totally see Michael having an immaculate softball uniform, but Mac and Chase should have been playing in sweats (JMO)

Chase and Willow continue to be adorable. I keep waiting for the show to screw it up somehow. Why can't we put Sonny and Carly out to pasture and build the show around a school teacher and her hot cop? Please?

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

So... I guess they block taped at a nearby park recently? that's why we had the kids and the softball game? 

I can totally see Michael having an immaculate softball uniform, but Mac and Chase should have been playing in sweats (JMO)

Chase and Willow continue to be adorable. I keep waiting for the show to screw it up somehow. Why can't we put Sonny and Carly out to pasture and build the show around a school teacher and her hot cop? Please?

Mac and Chase were (supposedly) part of the PCPD softball team. The team would have uniforms so i have no problem with that.

I second the last paragraph.

• Love 2