Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sibley can't feel Nicholas on the other side. I'm shocked, I tell you, or at least I would be if I hadn't called it halfway through the episode. How long before he re-appears? 

The only way I accept Nikolas being alive is if he immediately removes the interlopers from his home, takes his money back and leaves Valentin with nothing, and makes it so that Valentin is forced to give up all rights to the daughter he stole from Lulu. He also needs to learn and do something about the serial killer raising his nephews.

• Love 4

After Ava's last scene today with Sibley, and the Laura/Hayden/Ava scenes yesterday, if Lulu's next line is about missing having Nikolas to lean on since she doesn't have Dante in her life - I think it's a sure thing that Show is planning to recast Nikolas and Spencer. 

I'm really disappointed in Laura for sticking up for Maxie, and for Lulu getting over her anger at Maxie in under a day. This wasn't a minor incident, you twits. People, including Dante himself, could have died because of Maxie's recklessness.

The best part of today was Drew snarking at Hayden and questioning Jax's judgement, then Jax spelling out in private why Hayden is useful. Also, Robert making Finn uncomfortable by bringing up Hayden.

• Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What is the point of making Kiki a bitch in death?

She was a bitch in life, so why not? And to of course pile on Ava further.

LWB/FS

Can you remind me what this stands for? I know it refers to Peter, but I really have no idea what it's saying.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

When someone tries to take responsibility, however "misguided" they are. Let them!

I like how they brought "Kiki" back so that she'd be one more person to pile on Ava. And this one from the great beyond to boot. 

• Love 3

Sorry, show, just having Peter, Finn, and Robert repeatedly insist that Anna will flip if no one tells her about the shooting isn't enough to make me believe it. She'd surely be concerned for Peter, but since at no point was Peter's life seriously in danger, "going ballistic" would be an extreme response. Plus, Anna's whole thing where she questioned if it was Robin or Peter who was her kid made it clear that Anna's most significant emotional responses occur in regard to Robin, not Peter.

Sibley must be legit because not even the most magnificent fraud could have produced that textbook-perfect, snotty, cruel Kiki Jerome act. I'm mostly glad that Ava didn't seem to want to dwell in Kiki's insults and instead pivoted to contacting Nikolas (and thank fuck it was Nikolas she chose instead of Morgan).

So Hayden and Jax have partnered up to take down Valentin. I get it from Hayden's end, since the show so helpfully reminded us of her relationship with Nikolas and Spencer, but please god let there be something in this for Jax other than "winning" Nina. And damn, y'all, stop treating Valentin like he's so mighty when he's nothing more than an unrepentant  lying snake.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm really disappointed in Laura for sticking up for Maxie, and for Lulu getting over her anger at Maxie in under a day. This wasn't a minor incident, you twits. People, including Dante himself, could have died because of Maxie's recklessness.

Technically it was WSB incompetence though. If Dante was that hair-trigger, he should have been kept far away from guns, and if not in a locked ward then on some kind of medication, possibly anti-psychotic.

48 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

After Ava's last scene today with Sibley, and the Laura/Hayden/Ava scenes yesterday, if Lulu's next line is about missing having Nikolas to lean on since she doesn't have Dante in her life - I think it's a sure thing that Show is planning to recast Nikolas and Spencer.

Re-cast Nikolas but I think the only way we're going to get rid of Spencer is if the actor is too busy to do it any more. The teen scene doesn't really need him with Dev and Trina around so they can just ship him back to finish school in France.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

What is Tyler Christoper up to these days?  Or even Nik Stabile who took over the role the last time we saw Nik.  I'm ready for it.  

15 minutes ago, Linny said:

but please god let there be something in this for Jax other than "winning" Nina.

I wonder if it has something to do with Jerry.  When Liesl met Jax at the Friz wedding, she said she knew Jerry and that "everyone who works with Helena knows everyone else".  There had to be a reason for that.  Maybe Valentin maligned Jerry and Jax is going to bring him down to repay him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Actually (she said in a small voice) I was a little ticked at Lulu for being mad at Maxie. Just a few hours ago in soap time, we watched Lulu tell Sonny she wanted him to use whatever means necessary to get to Dante because she wasn't complete without him. Maxie only did what Sonny didn't/wouldn't/couldn't.

And, as Laura pointed out, it did tell her what she needed to know.

Edited by rur
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

What is Tyler Christoper up to these days?  Or even Nik Stabile who took over the role the last time we saw Nik.  I'm ready for it. 

I think he’s free since Brandon Barash replaced him on Days but they might not want to risk bringing him back with his rumored substance abuse issues. I would rather they bring him back than recast Nik again

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, rur said:

Actually (she said in a small voice) I was a little ticked at Lulu for being mad at Maxie. Just a few hours ago in soap time, we watched Lulu tell Sonny she wanted him to use whatever means necessary to get to Dante

THIS.   She was all incredulous, "you set his recovery back".  Uhm, yes, as would have Sonny had he listened to you.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

THIS.   She was all incredulous, "you set his recovery back".  Uhm, yes, as would have Sonny had he listened to you.  

Sonny and Jason make plans, have back-up, etc.  They would not barge into a room unarmed having no idea what Dante was up to, if he had access to guns, etc.  What Maxie did shows she's an idiot. She did indeed set his recovery back because now there will be a record of  Dante being a a danger to people because Peter was shot.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:

So have they mentioned where Hayden has stashed her kid?  Wouldn't Jax know that she has one?

No mention as of yet. I don't care if they ever mention her baby. It's just a tie to Finn that she doesn't need.

• Love 2

At this point, I'm ready for Nik to come back and adios Val out of his house and away from his finances. He can take Nina with him or not; I couldn't care less. Were MS still playing her, I'd definitely want her gone, but I'm less annoyed by nuNina. I like Nik. I have never liked Valentin and this idea that anything about him scared Helena is laughable. Sonny threatens him all the time and Helena would have wiped out Sonny between lunch and high tea had she ever had a reason. Valentin wouldn't scare Aiden. Enough Valentin. 

Lulu and Maxie was just one very annoying storyline today.

I like Willow and Chase. Show more of them. Less of this other drivel.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sonny and Jason make plans, have back-up, etc.

My point though, is that Dante NEEDED to be at the facility because his recovery wasn't finished.  So she's being hypocritical in telling Maxie that she messed up his recovery by going in too early,  when she herself had plans to go and get Dante, and thereby mess up his recovery.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't care if they ever mention her baby. It's just a tie to Finn that she doesn't need.

They're probably waiting for the Anna/Finn wedding for Hayden to announce it, "Oh, by the way..."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I have forgotten most of Hayden's history. I didn't even remember she pretended to be Drew's wife and I was scratching my head about what their relationship was.

As if I ever needed further proof that I fall asleep with my eyes open during the show.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What is the point of making Kiki a bitch in death?

Like Nina said, Sibley is a con-artist who could have done some research about Kiki since she last saw Ava. All she would need to do is get one personal story and use that as proof. In this case that Kiki slapped Ava and what Ava said. That would have been a memorable moment and it silenced Ava's accusation that Sibley was a fake.

So course, she could not contact Nikolas at that moment, because she did not have any prep time to research who he was and his connection to Ava.

Cynthia Watros intro picture looks awful. This isn’t 1980 where you can’t preview pictures before developing people! It’s 2019 and there’s no excuse for that picture. I don’t know who gave the thumbs up. FV? CW? The photographer? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

So course, she could not contact Nikolas at that moment, because she did not have any prep time to research who he was and his connection to Ava.

Or Nik isn't dead so there's nothing to contact. I don't think all the Nik mentions are random, but I don't know where they're leading.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Or Nik isn't dead so there's nothing to contact. I don't think all the Nik mentions are random, but I don't know where they're leading.

Yeah although I cant tell if it’s Nik or Jerry who they are trying to bring back because they’ve had too many random mentions for it to be a coincidence  

• Love 2

Robert's glee at needling Finn about Hayden gave me great joy. His little twinkle and laugh was so cute.

Julian's more forgiving than I would be. I'd cut bait and run. He'd be lousy though.

Lulu and Maxie making up is boring. But then again so is Maxie's relationship with LWB/FS and his existence on this show.

Hayden's insertion and presence into the Crimson storyline with Drew, Jax, Valentin, Nina and Curtis is the only thing saving it for me. Plus she looks fabulous.

Fuck off, Ghost Kiki. You were always a bitch to your mother, and she just wants to apologize since she didn't get a chance to.

I feel me some Nik coming on.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I feel me some Nik coming on.

I saw a blind item from SOD at another board, and one of those was "a fan favorite role is being recast". So that would fit.

Just now, WendyCR72 said:

I saw a blind item from SOD at another board, and one of those was "a fan favorite role is being recast". So that would fit.

Oh yeah, I saw that on Twitter now that I think of it. Damn recast though. I was still holding out for Tyler, warts and all.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Oh yeah, I saw that on Twitter now that I think of it. Damn recast though. I was still holding out for Tyler, warts and all.

To be fair, though, maybe the pressure wouldn't be good for Tyler C. right now. As long as it isn't Coltin Scott/Stephen Martines/Mr. Con Man, it could be okay. Maybe bring Nick Stabile back?

• Love 1
Just now, WendyCR72 said:

To be fair, though, maybe the pressure wouldn't be good for Tyler C. right now.

Probably not, if he's that ill with this disease. I'm just selfish because I want the chemistry that I know will be there. With a recast, there's all this uncertainty. I already hate the Nina recast, and I hated Nina to begin with.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Probably not, if he's that ill with this disease. I'm just selfish because I want the chemistry that I know will be there. With a recast, there's all this uncertainty. I already hate the Nina recast, and I hated Nina to begin with.

Well, Nina was basically a nobody to begin with, and her characterization was always a mess. Frankly, she should never have been recast - or created.

• Love 6

Cynthia Waltros isn't working for me as Nina, at all.  She's too, IDK...sedate?  Not as comatose as Sam or anything, but there's a slowness to the way she's characterizing Nina that feels off.

Lulu is such a raging hypocrite.  She literally just came from asking Sonny to do exactly what Maxie did and yet she calls Maxie out on it?  Girl, please.

Nikolas is obviously alive.  Do Hayden and Jax know something about it and that's why they want to take Valentin down? 

Robert is a delight.  He's about the only delight on this godforsaken show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Cynthia Waltros isn't working for me as Nina, at all.  She's too, IDK...sedate?  Not as comatose as Sam or anything, but there's a slowness to the way she's characterizing Nina that feels off.

Like she hasn't had her morning cup of coffee. I guess we're just used to seeing off the rails Nina that anything else would be a jolt, but this is too much of a pendulum shift.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Linny said:

I'm mostly glad that Ava didn't seem to want to dwell in Kiki's insults and instead pivoted to contacting Nikolas (and thank fuck it was Nikolas she chose instead of Morgan).

I thought it was going to be Connie. Then Morgan. I’m also very glad it wasn’t him, especially if it points to the character’s return. 

7 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Me too! I expect they would go with TC if he’s available and willing, but personally I would prefer NS. 

Lulu - waterproof mascara is your friend.  You look like a clown.

Interesting how they acknowledged Julian and Robert's history, but didn't go so far as to mention Cheryl or who's-the-dad with Lucas. 

Thought it was rude for Robert to drink in front of Finn, even if they are in a bar.

7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sonny and Jason make plans, have back-up, etc.  

Sonny and Jason make dumb plans. Like the time Sonny got himself tossed into a Turkish jail and had to rely on Pebble to get him out.

• Love 2
(edited)

So this show hired Veronica Cartwright to play a psychic (?) just so Kiki could curse out Ava from beyond the veil (???)?

Just...shut up, Show.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

In other news, I'd prefer a Nik recast to Tyler Christopher.  His person issues aside, he spent a lot of time sleepwalking the last time he was on GH, then spent a lot of time sleepwalking on Days.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Julian's more forgiving than I would be. I'd cut bait and run. He'd be lousy though.

It’s weird that they are playing it this way but I guess it makes sense that he’s not walking away. Aside from Ava and (I’m guessing) Leo, he really doesn’t have anyone else in his life since Sam doesn’t want anything to do with him and whatever little relationship he has with Lucas will probably be done once he finds out Julian knew about the baby switch.

I’m not how long they can keep Julian around in this state. If he stays out of the mob, people probably need to move on so he can get some friends or at least someone else to interact with who isn’t angry at him. If they want everyone to keep treating him like a villain, they might as well put him back in the mob so he has something to do

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Thought it was rude for Robert to drink in front of Finn, even if they are in a bar.

Not to sound callous, but I would assume an addict would have to learn coping skills since - for good or bad - not everyone will abstain.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

It’s weird that they are playing it this way but I guess it makes sense that he’s not walking away. Aside from Ava and (I’m guessing) Leo, he really doesn’t have anyone else in his life since Sam doesn’t want anything to do with him and whatever little relationship he has with Lucas will probably be done once he finds out Julian knew about the baby switch.

I’m not how long they can keep Julian around in this state. If he stays out of the mob, people probably need to move on so he can get some friends or at least someone else to interact with who isn’t angry at him. If they want everyone to keep treating him like a villain, they might as well put him back in the mob so he has something to do

He sort of has Alexis if they're ever going to go back there. And he's got his Pub. But yeah, aside from that, not really anything else. And Ava has even less than he does, but she's not going anywhere because Maura.

8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Lulu - waterproof mascara is your friend

THIS.  Do they still make mascara that runs?  We can put a man on the moon, but we can't make mascara that dosn't run?!!

• LOL 3
(edited)

Drew:  "Are you aware that she was fired from her last finance position at GH for embezzlement?" 

Jax:  "Yes, I'm aware."  

Drew:  "Then why'd you hire her?" 

The scene ended, but Jax's next line in my head was "Dude, I once married a woman who had embezzled from me.  Hot embezzlers are in my sweet spot!" 

Veronica Cartwright is killing it as Sibley. I don't know whether the character is a fraud or not, but VC was believable as Hayley Erin/Kiki speaking through an older woman.  She was such a scene-stealer in films in her younger years, and she's still got it.  

I hope they never mention that 2017 exit storyline for Hayden, with the jailbird ex-husband and the drunk-driving past, again.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Finn joined Robert, who was already drinking. And Robert offered to buy Finn a bottle of vintage seltzer. If Finn is so fragile he can't be around drinkers, he shouldn't be in a gastropub in the first place.

9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m not how long they can keep Julian around in this state. 

I wonder if they're starting to transition him to more of a shoulder to cry on, the town bartender role. It's probably not a very creative or fulfilling role to have, but it can mean decent airtime. Mac isn't on enough to play that anymore, and the show seems to be commited to the gastropub set.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Why bother recasting Nicholas if you can't get Tyler?! They've sure been talking him up the past few days so it sounds like the character is coming back at least.

(edited)
52 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Why bother recasting Nicholas if you can't get Tyler?! They've sure been talking him up the past few days so it sounds like the character is coming back at least.

I’m actually surprised it took them so long. I thought they were building up to a Cassadine-related storyline last year with Alexis mother’s watch. Nik has a lot of connections to the current cast, especially with Laura and Hayden back and it would give Valentin something besides Nina. I also think they had to retcon Valentin killing Nikolas if they really plan on having Valentin stick around as anything but a generic villain 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I know FV loves to keep casting under wraps. I think everyone has to sign a NDA or be killed. Anyhoo, if it's not TC then who? What dark hair and not too tall actor will get the role? A veteren or a newbie?

Edited by ByaNose

I really hate Maxie's storyline and wardrobe.  Peter is such a boring character and has no chemistry with her.  He needs to leave the canvas.  It is ok for Maxie not to have a relationship right now.  Maxie is a widow with a small child.  Maybe her veteran friend, Chet?, could introduce her to a support group of military widows and widowers who have small children.  

Maxie could also focus on her career.  The actress has gained a little bit of weight (Storms looks great and seems healthy, so I am not criticizing her.)  Why can't there be a storyline where Maxie deals with having gained weight due to the stress of becoming a widow and just having had a baby?  She is an editor of a top fashion magazine.  What if she had difficulty finding stylish clothing that fit her.  Maxie becoming aware of how plus size women ( KS is NOT plus size BTW) are treated by the fashion industry?  A scene of Maxie and Nina looking at the choices available to plus size women could be great.  Imagine a montage of these clothes being tried on and snarkily criticized be the duo.  Maxie, in her role as fashion editor, could take on the industry.  Maxie is a very determined woman.  It would be great to watch her challenging designers and retail stores to offer decent and fashionable clothing to women of all sizes.  She could interview and write a great series of articles about "real" woman  finding beautiful clothing that they can afford when they are over a size 14.  

Instead, the show's stylist dresses the actress in the most unflattering clothes they can find.  I often wonder if producers and stylist do this to "punish" actresses for the sin of not starving themselves and choose to maintain a healthy weight.  Maxie has always had a fashionable wardrobe.  There is no way Maxie would dress in such an unflattering way.  

• Love 9

Avery remembers Kiki so if Ava gives her a message from Kiki, she's going to get it. She knows who Kiki is, and if she's told Kiki sent her a message that she loves her, Avery is going to get it. But she doesn't remember Morgan, who died when Avery was too young to form memories, and I find super creepy that Sonny and Carly keep showing her Morgan's pictures and telling Avery about him.  Wait until she asks who's that in the picture.  Also STFU Sonny, Avery is Ava's daughter. The contrast between how he treats Ava and his unconditional acceptance and projection on to Dev is disgusting.

What do we know about Dev's life in Turkey?  They keep telling me that it was so horrible but I don't remember details. Does he have no family at all? How long has he been on his own?

LOL how normal it is to Carly to lie for Sonny and Jason. Just part of everyday life.

I'm sure Epiphany would be thrilled to be told that she has to have Dev live with her and Milo because Sonny says so.  You dodged that bullet girl.

Who hates Cynthia Watros so much as to put her in that dress?

• Love 1