Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I wish the Kevin/Ryan story hadn't been so chopped up today, but we had to keep switching to the comedy in "Turkey" which at least gave some laughs before getting back to Canada.  And of course, Alexis and her fantasies also got thrown in there.  I was once a fan of hers, but watching a woman in her 60s act like some love-crazed teenager is not entertaining to me.

I can't really tell where Carly landed, so there's no place she can go around that big slab of concrete?  And Jason shooting first just brings home the fact that he (one of the show's "heroes") is a thug.  The rest, however, with Ava and Laura and Ryan was pretty good.  I didn't see the over-the-bridge leap coming--yikes! 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Carly will make sure Jason doesn't have time to miss me." Sam. GURL. When has Carly not ever been Jason's top priority? Or at most number two? I know you're saying all of this for Kristina's benefit, but your speaking the truth, whether you want to admit it or not.

Sam needs to be checked for a brain tumor. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Oh, quelle surprise, the fortuneteller is actually the Ankara head WSB agent. And LOL at Sonny blaming the WSB for Dante's decision to go after Raj and then go rogue. No one forced Dante to do either of those things, Sonny. Shut up.

Color me legit surprised Carly didn't wake up clutching her abdomen in pain. 

Edited by dubbel zout
His name is indeed Raj
  • Love 8
(edited)

Why do julexis sex scenes always look the same exact way? Rough. Throat grabs. Hair waves. Etc. I give them credit though for attempting passion and interest. I can’t say the same about most of the other pairings on this show. 

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

Why do julexis sex scenes always look the same exact way? Rough. Throat grabs. Hair waves. Etc. I give them credit though for attempting passion and interest. I can’t say the same about most of the other pairings on this show. 

I know they’re going for passion and hot, but all I ever see is abuse. Alexis slapping him and Julian grabbing her neck/throat has the opposite effect on me. I had it good for so long and now this shit is back. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I know they’re going for passion and hot, but all I ever see is abuse. Alexis slapping him and Julian grabbing her neck/throat has the opposite effect on me. I had it good for so long and now this shit is back. 

It’s an odd choice given he put a knife to her throat but frank will be frank. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

I wish the Kevin/Ryan story hadn't been so chopped up today, but we had to keep switching to the comedy in "Turkey" which at least gave some laughs before getting back to Canada.  And of course, Alexis and her fantasies also got thrown in there.  I was once a fan of hers, but watching a woman in her 60s act like some love-crazed teenager is not entertaining to me.

I can't really tell where Carly landed, so there's no place she can go around that big slab of concrete?  And Jason shooting first just brings home the fact that he (one of the show's "heroes") is a thug.  The rest, however, with Ava and Laura and Ryan was pretty good.  I didn't see the over-the-bridge leap coming--yikes! 

I disagree about Alexis. I’m so tired of people acting like women in their 60s don’t have sex. I’m glad Alexis is still being portrayed as a woman who has fantasies and desires.

• Love 7

Today was a great example of why I'm always going to root for Ava and think she could never be on as low a level as Carly.

Carly: remembers Sonny's vile words about Ava and uses them as motivation to save herself.

Ava: worries over Carly's safety and speaks out to help her not because Jason's threatening her, but because she knows it's the right thing to do.

Ava's still human. Yes, she's done terrible things, but she's also grown as a person. She knows right from wrong and cares about that distinction. Carly only cares about herself and about holding herself superior to all others. She runs on vitriol and ego, that's it. I can't believe that in a moment where Carly's hurt and vulnerable and deserving a smidgen of sympathy, the show STILL can't help but have her be awful by leaning in on some good old-fashioned Ava hate.

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

On a superficial note, I really wish MB/Sonny would let his hair go all gray and stop slicking it back. He would easily look about 10 years younger if he did.

Really, MB -- take a look at silver fox RF!Scorpio and his brother Mac. They look pretty damn good. But maybe MB's afraid he'd be moved off the front burner if he went natural.

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No one forced Dante to do either of those things, Sonny. Shut up. (emphasis mine)

This cannot be said enough. I especially liked Robert's reaction when Sonny said violence wasn't his normal response to a situation.

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I know they’re going for passion and hot, but all I ever see is abuse. Alexis slapping him and Julian grabbing her neck/throat has the opposite effect on me. 

Today's scene bordered a bit too much on the abusive for me, too, especially on National Women's Day.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Seriously. We’re suppose to believe Sam is acting, but every thing she is relating to Kristina about her relationship with Jason is true. Sam is in some serious denial.

• Love 9

Seriously. We’re suppose to believe Sam is acting, but every thing she is relating to Kristina about her relationship with Jason is true. Sam is in some serious denial.

I'm not watching so I don't know if you can tell, but do you think the writers are doing this intentionally? Or are they as tone deaf as always? If the writers are aware enough to have Sam spout these things to Kristina, how can they possibly move forward writing Sam/Jason as true love?  Wouldn't the logical next step for a light bulb to go off in Sam's brain that maybe she deserves more and that she actually had more with Drew?  Or do the writers hear people like us on the message boards who criticize the Sam/Jason relationship and are basically giving us the middle finger by having Sam repeat our criticisms  but clearly not believe what she is saying? 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, rur said:

Really, MB -- take a look at silver fox RF!Scorpio and his brother Mac. They look pretty damn good. But maybe MB's afraid he'd be moved off the front burner if he went natural.

This cannot be said enough. I especially liked Robert's reaction when Sonny said violence wasn't his normal response to a situation.

Today's scene bordered a bit too much on the abusive for me, too, especially on National Women's Day.

I agree about Tristian and John J. They look fabulous with gray hair. And John still looks half his age.

I can understand how some may not have liked the Alexis and Julian scenes from a feminist standpoint, but some women do like rough sex. Given Alexis’ upbringing with a domineering father and her subsequent attraction to “bad boys,” I’m not surprised she would be one of those women. 

I just don’t like when people, particularly other women, object to an older woman being showcased as a sexual being. I rarely hear complaints when older men are still portrayed as sexual beings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Leticia2. (Leticia was Michael's caregiver unless they wanted to drag him out to prop Jason.)  Although it's strange that no one, and certainly not St. Jasus, thought to wonder what's going on with Avery since all three of her parental figures are away.

Cameron's father is dead and while things are bad now, he appeared to accept Franco until Franco was accused of being the serial killer.

If it weren't for Franco and Drew dropping in to see him, those boys would have no father figures in their lives. That's on the writers.  

Cameron's biological father is dead, but as a child he called Lucky "Dad." He accepted that Franco was living with them and his mom appeared to love the guy, but he said to Franco's face "you're not my father" and also threw his serial-killing past in his face in a scene at the park (long before this storyline was in motion). That was the first time the audience knew that SORASed Cam knew about Franco's history. 

It's past time for Cam to verbalize his anger about Lucky's abandonment, and desire for a real father. Over the years, depending on who was in Elizabeth's life at any time, there have been references to or brief scenes of Ric Lansing, Patrick Drake, Matt (Patrick's brother), Steven Lars, Nikolas Cassadine, and now Jake/Jason/Drew Cain spending time with her sons. You are correct that there has not been a consistent father figure in their lives.

• Love 2

I lost all respect for Julian in those scenes so I'm glad they were just a dream. Alexis needs therapy, bad.

Speaking of needing therapy -- Sam.  The only time she ever sees things clearly is when she's "lying" to Kristina. I don't take hope from it because Sam is still Jason's puppy so much that she has to phone in Right! Now! that Shiloh is charaing Kristina for course.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that Shiloh is BAD! BAD! BAD! just because he charges for courses. A psychiatrist chargers $250 an hour and probably wouldn't help Kristina as much as Shiloh has.

23 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I laughed so hard when Ava told Ryan, "Carly will freeze to death," and Ryan responded by saying, "And?" LMAO!

Utterly cemented my love for Ryan. I want a gif of that.  Ryan, we are with you.

In addition to being a crappy parent and a lousy partner, Jason is an idiot. If he kills Ryan without talking to him, how is he going to find Carly?

I bet Sonny is going to save Dante just in the nick of time. You know, if he hadn't gone looking for Dante a month after Lulu got stabbed, Dante wouldn't have made it.

1 minute ago, Linny said:

Carly: remembers Sonny's vile words about Ava and uses them as motivation to save herself.

Ava: worries over Carly's safety and speaks out to help her not because Jason's threatening her, but because she knows it's the right thing to do.

Ava's still human. Yes, she's done terrible things, but she's also grown as a person. She knows right from wrong and cares about that distinction. Carly only cares about herself and about holding herself superior to all others. She runs on vitriol and ego, that's it. I can't believe that in a moment where Carly's hurt and vulnerable and deserving a smidgen of sympathy, the show STILL can't help but have her be awful by leaning in on some good old-fashioned Ava hate.

And the show still treats Ava like scum and Carly like a heroine.

You know that Carly is going to blame Ava when she loses the baby.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Wouldn't the logical next step for a light bulb to go off in Sam's brain that maybe she deserves more and that she actually had more with Drew?

This show never takes the logical next step.

4 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I rarely hear complaints when older men are still portrayed as sexual beings.

Your larger point is valid, but there is plenty of scoffing when Sonny gets a love scene.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I'm not watching so I don't know if you can tell, but do you think the writers are doing this intentionally? Or are they as tone deaf as always? If the writers are aware enough to have Sam spout these things to Kristina, how can they possibly move forward writing Sam/Jason as true love?  Wouldn't the logical next step for a light bulb to go off in Sam's brain that maybe she deserves more and that she actually had more with Drew?  Or do the writers hear people like us on the message boards who criticize the Sam/Jason relationship and are basically giving us the middle finger by having Sam repeat our criticisms  but clearly not believe what she is saying? 

I actually think the writers are so far gone they don’t realize the irony of their words. They want us to think that Sam is so desperate to save Kristina from Shiloh and DOD that she’s having to tell Kris all these horrible “lies” about Jason.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

It's the latter and probably an FU to Kelly and Billy.  

Idk if KM is playing it more coma like than she usually does because of the ridiculous shit her character is saying and doing at the moment.  The story should have been Sam realizing Jason is never going to change and moving on, instead it's her fake "moving on" and saying dialogue that sounds like she's in an abusive unhealthy relationship (which I believe it is).

Edited by Hater
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I did think it was real until Alexis woke up.

I was so confused.  As a giant Julexis fan before they were ruined forever, i was quite excited by a Julexis reunion but also wondering if I had missed an episode because why was he all over her when we've seen him and Kim get back together.  I kept waiting for it to be a dream but it wasn't until way after they had hot sex on the couch.  

52 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Once Ryan grabbed Ava by the collar of her coat, I thought he would he throw her off the bridge to distract Jason and Laura and try to make a run for it. I certainly didn’t expect a murder AND suicide scenario.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I just don’t like when people, particularly other women, object to an older woman being showcased as a sexual being. I rarely hear complaints when older men are still portrayed as sexual beings.

I'm a little older than the actress playing Alexis and I don't object to her having a sex life.  It's the way she dithers that makes her seem so flighty and immature.  Maybe I'm just a bitter old maid...

• Love 5

Isn't Raj an Indian name? Why is he the big bad in Turkey?

They can tell me that Michael is the amazing head of a multinational conglomerate till the shows ends but until CD starts playing Michael like one instead of a Poor Eeyore, it's not going to mean anything.

6 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I can understand how some may not have liked the Alexis and Julian scenes from a feminist standpoint, but some women do like rough sex. Given Alexis’ upbringing with a domineering father and her subsequent attraction to “bad boys,” I’m not surprised she would be one of those women.

That's an interesting point.  I wish the show would spend some time on Alexis and why she went into therapy instead of dropping it in as the G plot when there's time from Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam and the other Corinthii.

I also wish Ryan had succeeded and killed Carly. It would easy the burden on the show.

4 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I actually think the writers are so far gone they don’t realize the irony of their words. They want us to think that Sam is so desperate to save Kristina from Shiloh and DOD that she’s having to tell Kris all these horrible “lies” about Jason.

I think they realize the irony but they're trying to play to both fan bases. They now that JaSam will always be a huge love affair on the show but they're not stupid and they know how the

WSB lady: Despite our best efforts we haven't been able to infiltrate them

Sonny:  What you're doing isn't working.

Me: That's what she just said, moron.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

can understand how some may not have liked the Alexis and Julian scenes from a feminist standpoint, 

Has nothing to do with feminism, at least for me. It has to do with the history of these characters, as well as showcasing sex in the midst of slapping and pure rage/anger. It appears abusive rather than passionate.

• Love 1
(edited)

Vanessa Marcil has been teaching Kelly the art of "sleeve acting."

I found the scene where Sam calls Jason to be so sad.  Desperately calling Lassie over some nonsense.  Sad state of females on this show.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hate this story because the writers are trolling. They are letting sam say these things knowing damn well she will excuse it and romanticize it. It's more important too them to keep jason unhindered than it is to write Sam with self respect.

• Love 5

Nothing wrong with older women having sex, but Julexis love scenes have just always been really cheesy to me. I always expect Julian to rip off his shirt and dance around to "I'm Too Sexy."

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, GHInReview said:

I hate this story because the writers are trolling. They are letting sam say these things knowing damn well she will excuse it and romanticize it. It's more important too them to keep jason unhindered than it is to write Sam with self respect.

It's doing her character zero favors. Her character is insulting to me.  All she is a vehicle for Jason to get off in the bedroom. There is zero substance to either of them and it's even worse when they're together.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I had considered her past as a reason for her attraction to bad boys, but today was just a little too close to creepy for my lights, even though at the beginning of the scene I was kind of excited that they might be getting back together since Julian and whosis don't seem to have much of a spark to me. 

Actually what bothers me more is that the folks on this board spend a lot of time using the backstories of the characters to explain and discuss the current stories and the writers don't seem to check the character histories much at all. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't Raj an Indian name? Why is he the big bad in Turkey?

I think he probably has lots of bases in a lot of places.

Whenever Michael mentions green technology it cracks me up.

(edited)

Frank does this all the time with Julexis.  They'll get teases here and there, but will he ever actually out them together?   Doubt it.   

Edited by Hater
9 minutes ago, Hater said:

Vanessa Marcil has been teaching Kelly the art of "sleeve acting."

I found the scene where Sam calls Jason to be so sad.  Desperately calling Lassie over some nonsense.  Sad state of females on this show.

It's annoying that she cant ho one episode without mentioning his name. He can go days without thinking of her and doing shit with no regard of her. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Whenever Michael mentions green technology it cracks me up.

Well, he is singlehandedly running a multi-billion dollar company without so much as an Associate's degree.  In between grieving over a dead baby that he didn't really want and whining over how Nelle done him wrong.

• Love 5
(edited)

Michael was so awkward with Sasha in the brief clip I saw.  Wish there was some way to get an actor with charisma to the play role.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, bamajen said:

They should have let Billy out of his contract early. Sam’s actions are a huge fu to Drew and Frank’s snub of letting Billy have anything worthwhile.    

He could have left and didn't for the last 4 years.  He chooses to stay so he can make bank.  He does nothing and gets paid (low minutes, high minimums).  No one should feel sorry for him.

If he was interested in doing anything worthwhile on this show, he should have left years ago because they have given him a whole of nothing since he started. He knows the deal by now.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, bamajen said:

They should have let Billy out of his contract early. Sam’s actions are a huge fu to Drew and Frank’s snub of letting Billy have anything worthwhile.    

Sam's actions are a huge fu to Sam.

That phone call to Jason was beyond pathetic. Jason, I know you're searching for Carly because she will always be your top priority, but I need to tell you all about Shiloh.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Today was a great example of why I'm always going to root for Ava and think she could never be on as low a level as Carly.

I love Ava, but I don’t think she saved Carly because it was the right thing to do. If that where the case, she would have helped Carly out of the trunk of Ryan’s car herself. Ava didn’t want Carly’s blood on her hands because she knew Sonny and Jason would hunt her down like a dog, and she would never see Avery again. If Ava’s self preservation and love for Avery hadn’t kicked in, I think she would have happily let Carly die just like she let A.J. die after Sonny shot him.

• Love 8

So Ryan pulled Ava and himself off the bridge - we're to assume into the Niagara River, I'm guessing - but he simply shoved Carly off the side of the road?  I thought he was supposed to be some super-dangerous-kick-ass serial killer.  How was pushing Carly into a deep ditch a serial-killer-y move? 

I am so disappointed in you, Ryan. So disappointed. Not only did you shove her into a ditch, but for some reason you untied her and took the duct tape off her mouth before doing so.

Ryan, you have let me down.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

For people who like Peter and Maxie, do you think they're going too slow or are you okay with the pacing?

I'm kind of shocked I like them, at least for now. The pacing is pretty good, I think, and they're having Maxie acknowledge her conflicting feelings. Maxie and Peter have acknowledged their attraction but are okay with taking things slowly. 

There are a million ways this story could go wrong—and it probably will, inevitably, at some point—but things are decent at the moment.

• Love 10

I like the pacing of Peter and Maxie.  I like that they are willing to take a slow path because things are complicated, and I appreciate that Maxie is being mature about it and that Peter isn't one of those "If it's real lets jump head first" types with it.

• Love 6

I don’t post very much, but I really enjoy coming here and reading everyone’s hilarious and spot on takes on the explosive diarrhea that is Jasam. I can barely watch it even to mock because I find it so insulting. At this point I just find the writing for Sam/Drew to just pretty much be mean spirited. I know they want us to pretend we never saw Sam want a safer life, never saw her happy that Jason (Drew) wanted to build something just for them, never saw her finally get a backbone when it came to Carly I could go on but you can’t unring those bells and in trying to just act like none of this matters they’ve turned Sam into a walking insult. On top of that you add in the fact that Sam looked a heck of a lot more happy and lively when she was apparently not being her true self with Drew than she has in a years worth of scenes with her soulmate. I realize a lot of that is how KM is playing it but it’s glaring and ridiculous at this point. 

Drew is just basically a non entity on this show. He had everything stripped from him and they have given him zero to build anything else. Why the heck is he still walking around with Jason’s memories? It’s asinine. 

Lastly the fact that they won’t even allow Drew/Sam to have a friendship is just so much BS. What’s worse is they write things where it would make sense for them to interact and than refuse to write it. Shiloh is from both of their pasts yet it generates nothing. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm still finding it hard to believe that Shiloh is BAD! BAD! BAD! just because he charges for courses. A psychiatrist chargers $250 an hour and probably wouldn't help Kristina as much as Shiloh has.

I'm sure they're using the Scientology model, in which people are encouraged to move "up" to the most expensive classes, and end up spending hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Speaking of cults, that upstate New York one this SL is also referencing actually branded women. I guess Sam knows her tattoos, but I was wondering if Daisy and the others might actually be branded.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Veronica889 said:

I don’t post very much, but I really enjoy coming here and reading everyone’s hilarious and spot on takes on the explosive diarrhea that is Jasam. I can barely watch it even to mock because I find it so insulting. At this point I just find the writing for Sam/Drew to just pretty much be mean spirited. I know they want us to pretend we never saw Sam want a safer life, never saw her happy that Jason (Drew) wanted to build something just for them, never saw her finally get a backbone when it came to Carly I could go on but you can’t unring those bells and in trying to just act like none of this matters they’ve turned Sam into a walking insult. On top of that you add in the fact that Sam looked a heck of a lot more happy and lively when she was apparently not being her true self with Drew than she has in a years worth of scenes with her soulmate. I realize a lot of that is how KM is playing it but it’s glaring and ridiculous at this point. 

Drew is just basically a non entity on this show. He had everything stripped from him and they have given him zero to build anything else. Why the heck is he still walking around with Jason’s memories? It’s asinine. 

Lastly the fact that they won’t even allow Drew/Sam to have a friendship is just so much BS. What’s worse is they write things where it would make sense for them to interact and than refuse to write it. Shiloh is from both of their pasts yet it generates nothing. 

I don’t post too much either, but everything you said is true and my heart is breaking.  They threw Dream and their fans away  for the most contrived mess I have ever seen on a soap.  Dream were a once in a life couple to a lot of us.  I am sticking in with Billy, only watching clips.  When he is gone, I won’t ever watch this farce again.   Jasam will never bring in any better ratings, but Dream would.

• Love 3

As happy as I am that that awful scenario between Alexis and Julian was a nightmare on her part, I thought it was horribly scripted and acted. Okay, first, I’ll grab you and throw you around while you let me do that. Okay, then I’ll grab you by the belt and pull you along behind me. Then I’ll undo your belt while you tear your shirt off, then you’ll tear my shirt off, etc, etc, etc. That was some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen even on a soap opera. I don’t care if it was supposed to be a nightmare-it should have had some semblance of reality. I would love to see some realistic romance between older actors but no more of that total nonsense. If a man treated me the way Julian treated Alexis in that nightmare, he’d be racing away in an ambulance. 

Speaking of nightmares, can someone, anyone put KM completely into the coma she’s on the edge of? I can’t even understand what she’s saying most of the time. Open your mouth and speak, woman! Geez, I hate this character and this actress. Either ACT or GO AWAY, KM.

As happy as I am that that awful scenario between Alexis and Julian was a nightmare on her part, I thought it was horribly scripted and acted. Okay, first, I’ll grab you and throw you around while you let me do that. Okay, then I’ll grab you by the belt and pull you along behind me. Then I’ll undo your belt while you tear your shirt off, then you’ll tear my shirt off, etc, etc, etc. That was some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen even on a soap opera. I don’t care if it was supposed to be a nightmare-it should have had some semblance of reality. I would love to see some realistic romance between older actors but no more of that total nonsense. If a man treated me the way Julian treated Alexis in that nightmare, he’d be racing away in an ambulance. 

Speaking of nightmares, can someone, anyone put KM completely into the coma she’s on the edge of? I can’t even understand what she’s saying most of the time. Open your mouth and speak, woman! Geez, I hate this character and this actress. Either ACT or GO AWAY, KM.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm totally delighted that they're chem-testing Sasha and Michael... she's a decent addition, and Michael is one of those stable guys who should always be with a schemer. But suddenly his name is Corinthos again? Hadn't he been Michael Quartermaine lately?  I know the budget is slim, but it feels like some writer's assistant should nail down everyone's full names. 

Julexis sex is 50:50 cheesy:hot. I'm okay with this ratio.  I'm glad they're dragging out the actual reunion though. 

Missed an episode or something because I'm not totally clear on Sonny and Robert are in Turkey? 

Also, props to the set department. I wasn't sure how they would do Niagara, but they really did do it well. Exactly right for someone to go off and be almost definitely dead.

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 2
(edited)

Er... I don't think Alexis' dream was supposed to be a nightmare rather than a manifestation of her secret desires.

2 hours ago, Veronica889 said:

Jason's memories are better than Drew's. Everything about Jason is better than Drew!

2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm sure they're using the Scientology model, in which people are encouraged to move "up" to the most expensive classes, and end up spending hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Speaking of cults, that upstate New York one this SL is also referencing actually branded women. I guess Sam knows her tattoos, but I was wondering if Daisy and the others might actually be branded.

I did wonder if it was supposed to mimic Allison Mack's cult but it was too much for the show.

I think the Scientology parallel is right but like Sam telling Kristina how bad her relationship with Jason was, the fake is better than the real on this show. Kristina has never been so aware of others, so kind and so responsible in terms of money.

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Veronica889 said:

This is how I feel once being a long suffering Liason fan lol I'm way over it now and the ship has sailed, I wish Jason would disappear off the face of the earth again, but it's annoying and unrealistic that Jason never crosses paths with Liz, even in a friendly way or actively parents Jake, the kid he thought was dead for years. He's a total deadbeat asshole. 

Drew is never seen with his daughter, but we "see" Jason around her all the time. It's gross. We'll never see Drew get to do anything especially smart or heroic, nothing front burner because that all goes to Jason no matter how shoehorned, as we witnessed today with his gun toting buffoonery. And as a Liz fan forget it. The big stuff goes to Laura, KeMo and Maura, the last of which at least has range and can put forth a decent performance. Liz, despite having a huge fan base, is left to intermittently wring her hands over her kids or man child now husband, and sit on hospital benches having pointless conversations. 

I know the Ryan stuff has its flaws but I'll be really bummed when its over and we're left with the ridiculous cult plot, the coma inducing baby switch and a sixteen year old kid dying of brain cancer. It's so much better than 99% of what we've had the last few years and JL is amazing, I hope Mo and SBu are seething with jealousy. Soon it'll be back to the mooby and borg show and I'm dreading it. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

I'm totally delighted that they're chem-testing Sasha and Michael... she's a decent addition, and Michael is one of those stable guys who should always be with a schemer. But suddenly his name is Corinthos again? Hadn't he been Michael Quartermaine lately?  I know the budget is slim, but it feels like some writer's assistant should nail down everyone's full names. 

Michael went back to Corinthos after he forgave his parents and gave Avery back to Sonny. When he and Morgan went to that mob meeting, he called himself Michael Corinthos.