Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Nelle asking Michael how long he's going to throw her drugging Sonny and convincing him they slept together in her face was straight-up Carly.

Huh, so Anna had a girl so LWB/FS ISN'T her child with Faison*.  In any case, retconning Anna's history some more - and inserting Valentin willy-nilly into it - is no good and gross and ew and STOP.

* I just saw someone on Twitter point out that Valentin could have been lying about the baby's sex.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Ugh, that retcon about Anna having a baby.  It also points out how much better an actor FH  is than JPS, who continues to have a terrible accent in French.  And I hate the idea that Peter/Heinrich is Robin's brother.  Why didn't she just get an abortion?  And if no child should have that monster for a father, why didn't she raise her alone as she did Robin? So Valentin is totally lying, and I don't really care why.

I also hate the idea of Danny's sleepover being arranged without Jason's knowledge. Way to parent, Sam and Carly. Also STFU Carly. You're manipulating Jason like he's three years old. LOL that Danny is excited for the sleepover because he gets to skip school.

As much as I loved Alexis truthtelling Sam about Jason, this storyline is really killing Sam.  She's so clueless that it does not occur to her that Drew has more right to know about the Hunt for Heinrich than she does.

Is there no other upper end restaurant in this town than at the Metro Court?

I got great marks on my MCAT too.  I didn't get into med school though.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I'm so turned off by the tawdry turn in the story of Anna and her secret child. Describing Anna as "ambitious" enough to whore herself out for a man she considered evil is really fucked up and I hate thinking that Anna would believe sex was her greatest weapon in her career as a spy. Valentin's romanticized tale of STALKING Anna to the point he knows more details of her birth story than she does just adds another layer of nastiness onto the pile. The show could tell this story without impugning Anna's character and without retrofitting Valentin into the midst.

Either Franco's sweater was the wrong size or Howarth needs to stop eating his way through his scenes, that was not a good look. I don't know why he's imagining Drew lashing out at him over the alleged push down the stairs, because of all the reasons Drew hates Franco something that happened when he was three years old has got to be at the bottom of the list.

Nelle versus Carly is going to fail for me whatever the outcome, as I can't stand either of them, though I do wonder how Carly will remove herself from Jason's ass long enough to deal with whatever Nelle's cooking up.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just saw someone on Twitter point out that Valentin could have been lying about the baby's sex.

He very clearly was IMO.  He told Anna that she'd had a girl.  She seemed releived and left.  Than the expression on his face clearly showed that he's a lying liar who's pants are on fire.  Then he called Peter/Heinrick.  

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm so turned off by the tawdry turn in the story of Anna and her secret child. Describing Anna as "ambitious" enough to whore herself out for a man she considered evil is really fucked up and I hate thinking that Anna would believe sex was her greatest weapon in her career as a spy. Valentin's romanticized tale of STALKING Anna to the point he knows more details of her birth story than she does just adds another layer of nastiness onto the pile. The show could tell this story without impugning Anna's character and without retrofitting Valentin into the midst.

This is SO GROSS. Does Finola NEED the money? Why doesn't she just tell Frank to FUCK the RIGHT OFF and LEAVE?!! She's okay with the massacring of AnnaFUCKINGDevane????!!!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 5

I didn't get the expression on JPS' face, but the phone call to Peter telling him not to leave town after all was a very clumsy indication that he was lying.

So are we supposed to take away that Henrik knows that Anna is his mother and doesn't care?  Or is he going to gaslight her

Poor FH. It sucks to be an older woman.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Linny said:

Nelle versus Carly

Before she takes on the big dawg, Nelle might want to try warming up by destroying Kiki, though I guess that would threaten her alliance with Ava.

It's just hard to care.

• Love 3

Since we have TB back, can we have an episode where 2005 Carly time travels to the present and punches herself in the face for advocating Sam/Jason.

Anna didn't notice the hunchbacked man following her?? Also Valentin should consider maybe Anna doesn't want to hear his story cause he's insisting on narrating it like it's the prologue to Beauty and the Beast. 

This Franco stuff. Maybe 2005 Carly can bring along to 2005 Michael and show Franco that there were other demonic children besides him.

Previews: Michelle Stafford's emmy reel.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why didn't she just get an abortion?

This.  She's in spy school to become a spy, but she's going to go through 9 months of pregnancy with a psycho's baby rather than get rid of it.  Why?  

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Perkie said:

He very clearly was IMO.  He told Anna that she'd had a girl.  She seemed releived and left.

It's insane to me that Anna wouldn't have even known the child's gender.

19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Previews: Michelle Stafford's emmy reel.

*small voice* That should be Britt giving the eulogy. *small voice*

• Love 5

This Anna storyline is insulting. 

So Faison was apparently dead drunk, but she still had to sleep with him to get information, when she could have just incapacitated him if he was drunk off his ass and gone through his things. 

This is so very bad. 

I'm sure Dany has more going on than this obsession with Anabelle the 2nd. 

Franco: Drew would rather I step into traffic.

Me: Same. Get on with it!

That dude Jim is really smarmy. And Nelle prank calling Carly, is she going to gaslight her, pretending Morgan is calling her or something? Because that's not going to backfire. Hey, stupid! Carly-always-wins!

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

This Anna storyline is insulting. 

So Faison was apparently dead drunk, but she still had to sleep with him to get information, when she could have just incapacitated him if he was drunk off his ass and gone through his things. 

Was there any mention of birth control?  Because if Anna set out to seduce/sleep with him, why wouldn't she make sure she had some?

• Love 9

Abortion, Anna. Abortion.

She shoulda (coulda, and definitely woulda) had one at the point in her life. That is all I really have to say about this utter abortion of a storyline for Anna Fucking DeVane.

Hey, is it too late to abort Heinrich, now? I'm all about a woman's right to choose. Also -- how are we supposed to spell his name and how did Anna misspell it?

The show won't keep Genie as a regular, but it can afford BJ and the Bear and Wojo (and Laura Wright's boyfriend)? Bah! Gimme some of Scorp's angry gifs. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

She shoulda (coulda, and definitely woulda) had one at the point in her life. That is all I really have to say about this utter abortion of a storyline for Anna Fucking DeVane.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, General Days said:

Hey, is it too late to abort Heinrich, now? I'm all about a woman's right to choose. Also -- how are we supposed to spell his name and how did Anna misspell it?

The way it's pronounced, it should be Heinrich; my closed captioning spells it out as "Henrik." But folks are calling him...Peter. But of course, I haven't seen the episode, so I don't know how she spelled it. Cuz ye know Am'ricans spell differently than the Europeans and Canadians! giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, General Days said:

The show won't keep Genie as a regular, but it can afford BJ and the Bear and Wojo (and Laura Wright's boyfriend)? 

Wait, whuuut? giphy.gif joined the show???

11 minutes ago, General Days said:

Bah! Gimme some of Scorp's angry gifs. 

How 'bout these?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Love 2

All Anna has done for weeks is cry so this story was telegraphed to anyone watching. It also makes absolutely no sense. She’d never sleep with that cretin nor get pregnant nor have his baby. Of course, Valentin lied about it being a daughter to throw her off the track. We all know it’s Peter! Man, the writing on these soaps is pathetic. I’m old enough to remember when the soaps had great stories, good actors, good sets and mysteries to keep us interested. 

• Love 6

Did I understand that Anna was pregnant while at the academy/school/whatever it was, and no one figured it out except Valentin?  Who not only knew she was pregnant, but figured out where she gave birth?  What stupid spies.

• Love 4

So, Lucky's old apartment set got re-purposed for Jason? 

Nathan was just fatally shot in the Crimson/Aurora Media office, Drew and Sam are dealing with Aurora business stuff, they have an almost-1-year-old to raise in addition to Danny ... but Sam is totally just avoiding Jason because she would fall into his arms if it was just her, Jason and Danny in a room.   Ookkkk Carly. I'm glad Alexis had to be subjected to the delusions instead of Sam. Carly talks to Jason like Drew doesn't even exist in Danny and Jake's lives. UGH.

I thought the Danny actor was good, although when he said "Daddy" it sounded a little awkward/forced IMO. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Nelle prank calling Carly, is she going to gaslight her, pretending Morgan is calling her or something? Because that's not going to backfire. Hey, stupid! Carly-always-wins!

Like all of Nelle's other plans, it is stupidly conceived and it is going to blow up in her face.  And when Michael finds out, the only person that he is going to be angry at is Nelle. Michael has been very clear that he wants to be there for this child but if he believes that Nelle can't be trusted for anything, he will go after that child.

• Love 2

Carly was hoping that it was Sam dropping Danny off and she would fall into Jason's arms and they would live happily ever after with Danny.  I guess Drew can keep Scout.

Carly is pushing this fantasy so hard, I almost feel like prescribing some OCD medication.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So, Lucky's old apartment set got re-purposed for Jason? 

And what a dump it is, complete with leftover ship's wheel(?) from Dante and Lulu's place. 

I'm surprised Carly didn't put him across the hall from Sam, Sonny's old place?  At least it didn't have those crappy whitewashed brick walls (Drew's place) or Curtis's place, with fake grey brick and a row of gym lockers for storage.  And heaven forbid having a window you can see out of.

So Valentine is in the Hen-rick story.  Just like he was inexplicably in the Olivia Jerome story. 

Oh please, Anna, even Lulu could figure out you're being played.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I'm surprised Carly didn't put him across the hall from Sam, Sonny's old place? 

Actually, I am too. That would have made much more sense.  The building is secure and he could actually get to know his kid

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

So Valentine is in the Hen-rick story.  Just like he was inexplicably in the Olivia Jerome story. 

I feel like they are alawys setting up something just in case JPS decides to leave because FV treats him like a regular contract character instead of someone who could bolt at anytime, and then he doesn't leave, so they just forget about the bunch of plot points they've set up.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

*small voice* That should be Britt giving the eulogy. *small voice*

Why? For all of Nina's faults, she and Nathan were far closer than Nathan and Britt.

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Was there any mention of birth control?  Because if Anna set out to seduce/sleep with him, why wouldn't she make sure she had some?

People tend to ask this question a lot when soap opera characters get pregnant, but birth control isn't 100% effective. People can get pregnant even when they've used birth control.

2 hours ago, LillyB said:

I hated Carly for snarling at Alexis for dropping Danny off for Jason but what would her reaction be if it was Drew instead.

Most likely the same reaction with maybe slightly less snarling. Carly acts like Drew is just some inconvenient roadblock to Sam and Jason's great love than someone who was her friend for years.

It's kind of hilarious. I would almost think with Valentin's obvious lie about the sex of Anna's baby that they were trying to set-up for a Dante/Sonny redux so in the future Anna shoots Peter and Valentin has to dramatically run in and tell Anna she shot her own son. I would think that if they hadn't just done that with Nathan/Faison.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I feel like they are alawys setting up something just in case JPS decides to leave because FV treats him like a regular contract character instead of someone who could bolt at anytime, and then he doesn't leave, so they just forget abou the bunch of plot points they've set up.

I don't know how JPS managed to be a recurring actor who gets so much time, but I admire him for gaming the system.

The Anna/Faison's baby story didn't give me a rage blackout so much as a WTF-is-going-on-here reaction. I don't understand this at all.

Jason's apartment is hideous, unsurprisingly. Carly's outfit today was very unflattering to LW. Her attitude toward Alexis was so petty, so typical Carly.

8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Nelle prank calling Carly, is she going to gaslight her, pretending Morgan is calling her or something? Because that's not going to backfire. Hey, stupid! Carly-always-wins!

Where is Nelle getting her ideas, Bazooka Joe comics? Her scheming barely reaches sixth-grade levels.

Preview: WOW, Nathan is getting quite the funeral.

• Love 2

How in holy hell did you come up with such a ridiculous timeline? I seem to recall somewhere in the dim history of GH that they made a pretty big deal out of Anna being a virgin when she slept with Robert the first time....so please idiot writers...where in the f*ckety f*ck f*ck did you come up with this ridiculous Anna has a son w/Faison bullsh*t? Makes NO sense. This was before Robin....huh what?!

YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR CHARACTER(S) AS WELL AS THE FANS WHO HAVE BEEN WATCHING FOR YEARS KNOW THEM. STOP THIS STUPID RETCON STUFF. It's a lazy ass way to write stories.

Seriously. Just.Stop.It.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know how JPS managed to be a recurring actor who gets so much time, but I admire him for gaming the system.

I don't think there was much more to it than him not wanting to sign a contract and FV treating him like a contract actor anyway cause he thinks JPS is worth it for whatever reason.

At first I thought Nelle's scheme, if it is indeed to pretend to be Carly, is kind of clever, but then, who else is gonna want to do that to Carly but her? It should be figured out in a jiffy, but since this is Port Charles, probably not.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The way it's pronounced, it should be Heinrich; my closed captioning spells it out as "Henrik." But folks are calling him...Peter. But of course, I haven't seen the episode, so I don't know how she spelled it. Cuz ye know Am'ricans spell differently than the Europeans and Canadians! 

Wait, whuuut? giphy.gif joined the show???

How 'bout these?

giphy.gif

Thank you for all the answers. The yellow gif made me feel like I was going to have a seizure though. Wowza. 

As to the BJ and the Bear, Greg Evigan is the sleazy developer who wants to re-do Elm St (or wherever it is -- the po' side of Port Chuck).  If the Bear actually joins, it will be as a re-cast of Morgan. 

5 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

I seem to recall somewhere in the dim history of GH that they made a pretty big deal out of Anna being a virgin when she slept with Robert the first time....so please idiot writers...where in the f*ckety f*ck f*ck did you come up with this ridiculous Anna has a son w/Faison bullsh*t? Makes NO sense. This was before Robin....huh what?!

How in holy hell did you come up with such a ridiculous timeline? YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR CHARACTER(S) AS WELL AS THE FANS WHO HAVE BEEN WATCHING FOR YEARS KNOW THEM. STOP THIS STUPID RETCON STUFF. It's a lazy ass way to write stories.

Seriously. Just.Stop.It.

Yeah, I saw someone mention that on Twitter (about Anna being a virgin when she married Robert). I was watching during those days, but I don't remember it. Did they tell the story of their original wedding night in flashbacks?

Also though, not to lend any credence to this ridiculous Anna/Faison copulation retcon, nay LIE -- if I were young Anna Fucking DeVane and I was going to marry young Robert Scorpio, and I had slept with Faison *shudder* -- I'd wipe that right out of my mind and be a virgin on my wedding night with Robert, too (that is, assuming I hadn't jumped Robert's bones before the wedding night, which I also would have done). 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think there was much more to it than him not wanting to sign a contract and FV treating him like a contract actor anyway cause he thinks JPS is worth it for whatever reason.

I'm surprised an actor who isn't Steve Burton has any sort of upper hand with Frank.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:06 PM, Oracle42 said:

That's actually consistent with Jason's history with the Qs though. And Sam was following his lead with regards to his family.

Jason doesn't call them mom and dad, he calls them Alan and Monica and he doesn't think of, or refer to, the Qs house as his home. 

Drew has a completely different relationship with Monica. Sam reflecting that is actually a nice piece of writing.

Well, that's what I mean. It was an unfortunate overlap of the Drew/Jason personality where he kept them at arm's length emotionally, but also took advantage of their free daycare services. Like, "I don't think of this as my home, but here, raise my kids."

6 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Well, that's what I mean. It was an unfortunate overlap of the Drew/Jason personality where he kept them at arm's length emotionally, but also took advantage of their free daycare services. Like, "I don't think of this as my home, but here, raise my kids."

Except Drew didn't behave that way with Monica, that's why they have the relationship that they have now. 

Besides, Danny was already spending time with the Qs, Sam made that decision before Jason/Drew/whoever ever came back, and neither of them fought her on it. But, Sam was about family before she built a relationship with Alexis, afterwards, there was no way she was going to keep Danny away from the Quartermaines. 

It's never not going to be stupid that Carly and Sonny are Emily's godparents

• Love 4
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The way it's pronounced, it should be Heinrich; my closed captioning spells it out as "Henrik."

Off topic, but this annoys me in real life about that special council guy Robert Mueller.  Because the way it's spelled, it should be pronounced "Mew-ler", but everyone pronounces it "Mull-er".  I went to school with someone who's last name was Muller and it was pronounced as such, so this always bothers me when I hear it on the news.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

People tend to ask this question a lot when soap opera characters get pregnant, but birth control isn't 100% effective. People can get pregnant even when they've used birth control.

Eh, it's effective like 97% of the time when used correctly.  But what can we expect, people in real life don't seem to know how to use bc correctly never mind on soaps.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Off topic, but this annoys me in real life about that special council guy Robert Mueller.  Because the way it's spelled, it should be pronounced "Mew-ler", but everyone pronounces it "Mull-er".  I went to school with someone who's last name was Muller and it was pronounced as such, so this always bothers me when I hear it on the news.

Unless that's the way it is pronounced, despite the way it's spelled.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unless that's the way it is pronounced, despite the way it's spelled.

Right, I am sure that is the way he pronounces it despite the way it's spelled, or else he would've corrected it by now right?  But I have heard it pronounced "Mew-ler" as well.  So maybe it's the same thing with spelling Henrick and pronouncing it Heinrick?

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

The building is secure

Is it? I mean, Kim was able to just show up at Sam/Drew's door unannounced. Same with Franco. And anyone else who decides to pay a visit. It *should* be secure but it isn't.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know-I was just teasing you because you typed “BJ and the Bear” instead of just BJ.??

Okay, I wasn't positive either way. Originally, I was going to ask. Then I figured you did know (since we're of the Donny & Marie generation). Then my response to was just going to be the Morgan re-cast bit, but I figured I'd provide context just in case -- and for the younger other people. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

Okay, I wasn't positive either way. Originally, I was going to ask. Then I figured you did know (since we're of the Donny & Marie generation). Then my response to was just going to be the Morgan re-cast bit, but I figured I'd provide context just in case -- and for the younger other people. 

Yeah, I saw his first two appearances and yummmmmmyyyyy, Evigan is still hawt, like I'd posted after his first appearance. But this fakakta show just had to make him skeevy and involved in Franco's childhood, and I'm not about to watch that train wreck. Now I'm waiting for some retro channel, like MeTV, Antenna, Cozi, to start airing that show, cuz I LOVED it as a kid.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Actually, I am too. That would have made much more sense.  The building is secure and he could actually get to know his kid

13 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'm surprised Carly didn't put him across the hall from Sam

Quotes are backwards, sorry.   Sam and Jason as neighbors could gaze wistfully at each other while Drew fumes.

• Love 1

On the Heinrich / Henrik / Heinrik -- Mueller bent, here are three "how you say this name" videos with different pronunciations: Mull-er, Myew-ler, and Moo-ler / Moo-lahr (that last being German, which the name is).

I know two families with the last name: Gerace. One says it, "Ger - ahh - see." The other says, "Ger-ace" (with the second syllable being like the playing card suit). Sometimes, when people came over from the old country, they ended up adopting/accepting how Americans said (or mispronounced) their names. 

I'ma just call Heinrich Peter from here on out. 

• Love 2