Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I feel that way about most of these mob dudes. Like, if you're all supposed to be such badasses, why don't you just whip out your gun and shoot whomever appears to be standing in your way at the moment? If I were Julian, I would've spilled the beans regarding FauxLuke's real identity as soon as I decided I wanted out of the business. And if not then, then certainly once FauxLuke had my son shot. And if Julian doesn't want to get the PCPD involved, he should just take FauxLuke out himself. 

Sabrina doesn't irritate me as much as she does other folks, but naming her kid Gabriel? It truly hasn't been a good year for naming children in PC. First Rocco Falconeri, and now Gabe Santiago? Oy. 

• Love 2

I was not a fan of this baby boy child from the get go, but he kind of grew on me when he was ShamWow Polyester Drake.  This Gabriel Drake Santiago thing takes me back to not being a fan of the boy child. 

Sonny, Sonny, Sonny.....do the world a favor and as a result of your guilt, just turn the gun on yourself. 

Sorry, but someone really needs to give WDV some vitamin C or something, the guy was really bad and really lethargic in every scene, imo, of course.

• Love 3

The last 15 minutes or so was interrupted by the presidents speech. Looks like his handlers could have waited until primetime. But NOOOOOOOOO, lets interrupt what few soaps these old ladies have left. So did anyone on west coast see the last 15 min???

• Love 2

The main thing that happened toward the end was that Sonny used the wormhole to get to his island and menacing stare at Ava. West coast here so I missed Obama sending in the troops to protect Julian's family from Puke. I am calling him Puke as in phony Luke since Fluke is so last year.

• Love 4

I need a gif of Sonny's "Duh.." face from today! It completely and totally encapsulates my feeling about TFGH. Why should we care about Fluke? [insert duh face]. When will Morgan find out about his impending brother/son? [duh face].

• Love 2

Maurice Bernard has turned in some turdish performances before but what he turned in today was definitely circling the bowl. When he shouted his anger at Ava having shot 'the woman he loved', he looked like he couldn't quite remember who it was that had died, since so many of the women in his life have died in the line of booty.
But I swear that Laura Wright kept giving him "WTF" looks for his lack of response during their scenes.

I see that Anthony Geary has added a new tic to his portrayal of the Big Bad - now he sucks his lips in after he says something to WdV. I guess he thinks that this emphasizes his statement, but instead it looks more like his dentures are slipping.

And whe the hell is dressing Ava?? I don't care for the character, but today she looked like a walking Jolly Rancher, Watermelon flavor. And she's worn this outfit before. Does Ron C. have a friend with a window covering business, because she looked like that old Carol Burnett skit, the one where she played Scarlett O'Hara, wearing the drapes because she "saw it in the window and just had to have it".

And that Kiki, man, isn't it AMAZING what inanimate objects can do??

• Love 4
(edited)

Yo' Yo' Pepperbird getting ready to migrate from TWOP. Just sayin' I love the name "Puke" for notLuke. Detest Tony Geary, especially as Puke.

Agree that Ava looked like a watermelon in that artsy outfit. And then she loaded a ton of beads on it and a sparkly belt! Apparently she bought out all the tourist trap boutiques while on vacay in the mobster's home island.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

AG/Fluke is really starting to look like a consumptive heroine in a Victorian novel.

Gabriel Drake Santiago is a good strong name. I like it.

MB needs some vacay time.Seriously. Something is off. Way off.

I don't think KS can do anything else with that hair. Comb it to the side? No. Comb it straight back? Oh no. Let it stick up...no other options.

(edited)

Send SK a fruit basket and pray he returns.

I wouldn't as long as Cartini were in charge. They didn't use his talents well at all, refused to write for him claiming they didn't have a story, gave him minimal airtime claiming he was above his minimums & RC had a hissy fit at the end when SK called out his lack of story.

I don't blame him for going to B&B. Brad Bell wanted him. I've started watching the show in order to get a lay of the land. Hell they do location shots overseas vs in a warehouse.

IMO, I haven't seen LW creat chemistry with anyone. LW pushed to work with RHo & she got it. I don't feel sorry for her one bit. Others have played against Roger's antics & created chemistry.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 5

Hi all. dianewannabe from TWOP. Happy to see everyone. Question- does anyone have a problem when hitting "next unread post"- It takes me further along than I was and there are no post numbers to keep track. Still getting used to this.

On topic- it looks like Tracy IS on to Puke (great name). I just wish this damn story would play out faster. I'm bored.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'd keep Frank because he can budget, and dump Ron. Where's Micheal Malone? He did some decent stuff. Hell, I'd take zombie James E Riley now.

Frank can budget because he slashes everything and everything looks so fucking cheap. production values SUCK. And hell to the no for Malone and Reilly. I'd rather they beg Wendy Riche, Labine, or bring in another head writer, who can trash the stuff that that douchecanoeratbastardprickofafuckwit  "writes", so we can get some decent writing. or Thom Racina. You know, the good writers this show USED to have, who left, or were fired or whatever.

And I also want a horsie.

ETA: I just saw the picture of the new Joss on FaceBook, and I have to admit, she's a lot cuter than the last two SORASED ones. The cutestest of course were the babies, but this one looks adorable. I hope, for those that are still watching, she's a better actress.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

PP needs to just buy ABC daytime.

I never watched their online versions of AMC or OLTL, but they didn't exactly succeed with those, based on what I read, so I don't think them buying daytime would fix anything, frankly.

I'd love Thom Racina. PP needs to just buy ABC daytime.

Are you referring to Prospect Park? It's declared bankruptcy and there's very little chance we'll ever see OLTL or AMC ever again. I'd rather they not purchase any more soaps. 

• Love 4

I also love the name Gabriel and now it's been TAINTED!!!! One of my favorite authors, well, two of them, has used this name for the hero. Ugh. Then again, this show has totally tainted Michael, which is also a favorite name of mine, again due to the great heroes my authors have given names for their heroes.

I should be lucky that there is no Roarke* character on this show. God! Did I just jinx it?! I take it back!

*Those that read J.D. Robb's In Death series will know what I'm talking aboot.

• Love 2

Are you referring to Prospect Park? It's declared bankruptcy and there's very little chance we'll ever see OLTL or AMC ever again. I'd rather they not purchase any more soaps. 

I know.....and I know this isn't the place for it but I'll give it one more lament.  I MISS OLTL especially and those so-called OLTL refugees who are currently tainting GH do nothing for either the memory of OLTL and sure as HELL nothing good for GH.

I do appreciate PP for trying, for giving us one last look at the show, for giving us the chance to see pros like Robin Strasser and Erika Slezak in the roles of their lifetimes, and the sheer pleasure of a bit of Llanview again.  And I think the PP's reboot of AMC (once upon a time my fav of all the shows) better story and fewer WTF characters than the ABC version had in the past decade.  Hell, watching AMC with no Cameron Mathison or Rebecca Budig ALONE made it great.

But I agree, NO to PP getting their hands on any more soaps.  Their business model crashed and burned.  And while I don't blame PP for anything GH-related, I do blame ABC because if they hadn't cancelled OLTL GH wouldn't be stuck with Ron C., Kristen Alderson, whatshisname who plays Silas, and Roger Howarth in the absolute nadir of his career.

• Love 3

I think that, once upon a time, PP was lined up to take GH when and if ABC cancelled it.  And if not for their crash, I think I would have loved their vision for the show.  What they did with OLTL (I on;y watched a little bit of AMC, never my favorite ABC soap) was so good, they could have done so much great with GH.

Alas, we are stuck with Frank, Ron and their brand of idiocy for now.

• Love 2

I just want to know what they would have done with Sonny.

At this point i'd be happy, if he simply lost everything. None of his children should have anything to do with him for at least 1 year. He should lose his power & be pushed out of the mob.

I loved PP's OLTL. Family members & friends actually interacted. The young adult set acted like young adults with no baby rabies. There was actual story telling in between plot points. None of this happens under Cartini. Was Racina the writer for their emmy nominated episode?

Can a cast member get Ellie/Spinellie's apartment to live in on the show?

• Love 4

That set looked like one they've used before, just redecorated. I believe it served as the professor's office at PCU who was killed during the Caleb Morley/Stephen Clay debacle. I often wonder why they don't give some of these characters homes when it seems pretty simple to re-dress old sets that are rarely used. I mean, the Swiss Hospital set was fairly elaborate, but it's used on very rare occasions. Re-dress it and have it serve as an apartment building for people like Mac, Felicia, Lucy, etc. Half the cast is homeless or living in the Metro Court. 

• Love 2

Good Lord. Does Giada, you know, the chef, watch this show? I ask because, while I was at the ENT yesterday, they had her show on, and she was talking about her recipe for meatballs piazolla or something (which actually looks yummy and I even emailed the recipe to myself to try it), and one of the ingredients is mozzarella. BUT, she kept saying it with the Italian accent, I assume, and it sounded like "moetzarrrrela" But every other cheese or food ingredient had the Amerkan accent.

Made me think if she watches this show and took a page from Sabrina's book with her selective pronunciations.

Hmmm...okay, this seems to be offtopic. I'm blaming the meds I just took for my ear infection/ruptured drum.

• Love 1

Grammaeryn, that's what I meant. Also, FYI I'm a she.

I often wonder why they don't give some of these characters homes when it seems pretty simple to re-dress old sets that are rarely used. I mean, the Swiss Hospital set was fairly elaborate, but it's used on very rare occasions. Re-dress it and have it serve as an apartment building for people like Mac, Felicia, Lucy, etc. Half the cast is homeless or living in the Metro Court.

THIS. So many people on this show are homeless & these asshats need to start re-dressing sets immediately. The Spin/Ellie Portland set, the Cassidine Island house, Kate's Mansion, Ava's New York set and the loving mansion set when Laura was searching for Luke. What happened to Johnny's penthouse or Lucky set that went to steve & then Olivia.

And stop painting everything gray, black or white. It's like they got a huge discount on gray paint.

I also want a pony.

(edited)

I'd keep Frank because he can budget, and dump Ron. Where's Micheal Malone? He did some decent stuff. Hell, I'd take zombie James E Riley now.

I know he wouldn't take the job but... Sri Rao or bust, ya'll.... Dude can flat out write some soap and knows his GH history. 

So Saint Sabrina gave birth to the Angel Gabriel. I should have figured as much.  At least she didn't name it after Felix. 

I'm going to have to watch clips so I can catch up and enjoy the snark. 

I also want a pony.

Carly would say it was hers. Wasn't that the reason she thought Virginia was such a lousy Mom? Cause she wanted a pony and never got one? <g>

Edited by soapfaninnc
  • Love 3

I know he wouldn't take the job but... Sri Rao or bust, ya'll.... Dude can flat out write some soap and knows his GH history. 

Heh, my mind totally went to Sri, but after the last kefluffle we all had, I deliberately left his name out. Ah, if we could get him to just write for the vets, and those characters that actually have history with this show and let that douchecanoeratbastardprickofafuckwit and his sycophants write for the other non-important folks, I'd so jump off the barge and return to watching.

And I'm convinced that no matter who the writing regime would be, that midgety moobster would NEVER lose or get his comeuppance. Unless it was someone really, really brave and had the balls to do it. I don't see why they couldn't have his ass thrown in jail and still be on the show. But they're all gutless cowards.

• Love 4

Gabriel needs to go to heaven

Thanks, BestestAuntEver, for letting me know that I'm not alone in this thought.

I am so sick of this "protect Michael" BS.  No one is protecting Michael.  They are protecting themselves.  Protecting Michael would involve not wanting him to be so close to murderous assholes, and not wanting him to be deceived by and lied to by the people he loves.  All this secret-keeping about Sonny's misdeeds (which are really adding up!) does nothing but protect Sonny.  And for pete's sake, Michael is now the CEO of a major corporation - he's not a fragile little baby.  So irritating.  Also, in case it hasn't been clear, I loathe Sonny, and I loathe how MB portrays him, especially of late.  

I'm hoping that the recording Franco gave Anna hadn't actually been totally deleted, that Spinelli left something on there by accident, and that it all starts unraveling.  I hope Michael cuts Michael and Carly out of his life, and he and Morgan team up to destroy Sonny.  Even better if Michael brings cousin (uncle?) Lucas in, and they join forces with Julian to bring down Sonny.

But clearly, I am a stark raving lunatic.

• Love 5

So Luke made a pass at Olivia...well, at least she's closer to his age bracket than Kiki.

And I'm convinced that no matter who the writing regime would be, that midgety moobster would NEVER lose or get his comeuppance. Unless it was someone really, really brave and had the balls to do it. I don't see why they couldn't have his ass thrown in jail and still be on the show. But they're all gutless cowards.

Kola Boof and Josh Griffith for the block? :)

Thanks, BestestAuntEver, for letting me know that I'm not alone in this thought.

I am so sick of this "protect Michael" BS.  No one is protecting Michael.  They are protecting themselves.  Protecting Michael would involve not wanting him to be so close to murderous assholes, and not wanting him to be deceived by and lied to by the people he loves.  All this secret-keeping about Sonny's misdeeds (which are really adding up!) does nothing but protect Sonny.  And for pete's sake, Michael is now the CEO of a major corporation - he's not a fragile little baby.  So irritating.  Also, in case it hasn't been clear, I loathe Sonny, and I loathe how MB portrays him, especially of late.  

I'm hoping that the recording Franco gave Anna hadn't actually been totally deleted, that Spinelli left something on there by accident, and that it all starts unraveling.  I hope Michael cuts Michael and Carly out of his life, and he and Morgan team up to destroy Sonny.  Even better if Michael brings cousin (uncle?) Lucas in, and they join forces with Julian to bring down Sonny.

But clearly, I am a stark raving lunatic.

SUCH an excellent post!  And no you're not a start raving lunatic.  All of those have been hired and are writing for GH and Y&R. 

As for "protecting Michael", how did this group of self-involved unibrowed primates think that having Michael go to prison where he was raped was protecting him, while Sonny the Bestest Dad EVER stayed at home, and sent in Jason to help the kid?  Yeah, Sonny is just so BRAVE.   I hate him hate him hate him.

So Luke made a pass at Olivia...well, at least she's closer to his age bracket than Kiki.

Making a pass at Olivia has to be straw that breaks this Puke's back.  Seriously??  He's coming on to the Abondonnza Queen?  All I can say is that at least she wears less makeup than he does.

• Love 1

And I'm sorry but who is the guard guarding him from? His own father? That was total ridiculousness with the guard yelling at Julian but you aren't on THE LIST and you're a MOB BOSS. All the while Puke is standing there smirking in such a smary way, I'll vouch for him indeed.

And I think I'm beginning to get fixated on Liz's thinness. I could not get into her scene with Ric at all b/c her emaciated back kept making think of the Holocaust...eek! there is thin and then there is aorexia.

Puke coming on to Olivia was totally skeevy, makes me glad I missed him coming onto Kiki. Him kissing her was gross.

• Love 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many other angry sweary words in my head after watching today's episode and preview.

• Love 1
If Ava really is pregnant, am I wrong to want this baby to be a tock?

The spawn would be half Corinthos, either by father or son. (Nasty.) So if tock status saves the world from more of that DNA, embrace feeling wrong for the greater good.

• Love 2
If Ava really is pregnant, I desperately want that baby to be Morgan's, just so I can see the look on Carly's face when she finds out she's gonna be a grandma!

But that exponentially increases the chance of Carly shrieking at full-decibel status. No one deserves that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, Sonny is just so BRAVE.   I hate him hate him hate him.

Or, as my Mom used to say, I hate him with heaping hunks of hot hate.

I'm trying, I really am trying to force myself to watch this fucking show but it's so very bad, it's not even good-bad, it's just plain bad. Do they really think we didn't see the faux pregnancy coming? Sonny (who ruins everything) just poked her like 20 minutes ago in Port Charles time and she knows without a doubt that it's his baby and not Morgan's? (How convenient Ava just happened to spill the pregnancy beans while a gun was being held to her.) Yeah, I know, either way it would be a Corinthos spawn but...geez I don't know why I'm wasting brain cells on this show.

Today was such a disappointment. I actually thought Julian was going to give up PervNotLuke but no, that would make me happy and we can't have that. Julexis is one of the few reasons I still watch this shit and now that's shot in the ass.

Truthfully the only reason I've been keeping up with this garbage was to lurk at TWOP, I'll probably still tune in since the Great Migration of 2014 is about to blow up these boards and for some reason I can remember my password here as opposed to TWOP (don't judge :D) but for the first time since 1976, I really wish TFGH would get cancelled.

It's not the show I can't quit, it's the beautiful snark of all you wonderful lovelies that has me hooked.

Edited by Stinger97
Formatting.
  • Love 3

Ric's desperation and creepiness regarding Liz is so unappealing. She isn't even that hard to get so I don't know why he feels the need to go through all this.

All Ric has to do is make like he's into someone else, and Boom! Liz will be all over him. 

• Love 3

This is Sonny's "Island" right? There must be a pharmacy at the hotel. Send one of the workers to get a pregnancy test. Then make Ava "pee on the stick". How hard is it in 2014 to prove if some one is pregnant or not. Geez

• Love 2