Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

In the Steve Burton years, he might not be okay with it but it would be more like "damn it Sonny why did you have to lose your temper again. Now we have to clean up this whole mess and Michael is gonna be out of control." He wouldn't have actually cared that AJ was dead. And I did see the clips of Jason telling Robin that he was wrong for stealing Michael, but imo he still wouldn't've been outraged or cared that much on AJ's behalf.

I mean, yeah. I don't think Jason would have been like, "How dare you kill my beloved brother!!!"

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Why can't Ava be around to slap sense into Kiki? I'm kinda wanting Sonny to get Kiki to worm her way into be able to see her little sister, then Kiki sees Micheal, Tracy, Monica and Ned being awesome with Avery and she changes her tune and helps Micheal Keep Avery. Probably just a dream.

• Love 5

Why can't Ava be around to slap sense into Kiki? I'm kinda wanting Sonny to get Kiki to worm her way into be able to see her little sister, then Kiki sees Micheal, Tracy, Monica and Ned being awesome with Avery and she changes her tune and helps Micheal Keep Avery. Probably just a dream.

I was thinking today maybe recast Kiki is temporary after all? If they were serious about her sticking around would they really just hire some girl who was on Y&R for 60 episodes instead of actually auditioning people and seeing who worked well with Maura, Michael E. and Bryan?

• Love 2

Maxie is a bully. When her peabrain can't cope, she lets her temper fly and verbally beats up anyone who doesn't meekly cave in to her point of view. People who try to reason with her are mocked or told straight up that they are stupid. Maxie is a fishwife in the making--whoever marries her or takes her on as a mate had better be strong and really love her, willing to take the abuse.

• Love 2

I was thinking today maybe recast Kiki is temporary after all? If they were serious about her sticking around would they really just hire some girl who was on Y&R for 60 episodes instead of actually auditioning people and seeing who worked well with Maura, Michael E. and Bryan?

Are you suggesting that Maybe Kiki dies in a hail of gunfire? Or she just leaves?

• Love 1

No way even this show would expect us to be supporting that, right?

Okay I just read through the two pages of glee so, I tried to hold off my wet blanket POV just for ya'll.

I thought Michael had some good points and most of what he said was spot on BUT I just can't get past his motivation in all this. I actually liked what Kiki told him(though the actress wasn't great). He really doesn't see himself as loving Avery. He sees himself protecting her but he doesn't seem to care about her as a person. And I think that is where Kiki and Morgan are coming from, they both truly love Avery. I get Kiki's point about Sonny b/c I think she is projecting how she felt about her dad. She KNOWS what it is like to not be raised by her father and miss that. She thinks Ava is dead so if not having her mom in her mind the best for Avery IS her dad, certainly not Michael who is obviously using her as a pawn. Plus while Sonny tried to kill Ava he also tried to save her.  Avery is a happy baby but of all the characters who have held her I got ZERO chemistry between her and Michael. In fact that little speech where he creepily talked to her and renamed her AJ...it was totally anti-adorable.(I realize the significance to some viewers of the AJ thing but to me it was uber creepy to treat a baby like that) I also think Morgan is getting a raw deal. He loves his dad in his mind his dad IS Michael's dad. I think his little brain just can't believe AJ is Michael dad. He really doesn't get that. And as much flack as he is getting about supporting Sonny he actually bucked Sonny's wishes and faced coming back with Avery and guess what Sonny totally let it go. I do think he is being a little harsh towards Michael but he's so simple it's easy to overlook. I also didn't think Sonny acted too bad, he kind of rolled with what he could and when things didn't pan out he was willing to regroup and come at it a different way. I don't get any real anger at Michael just bluster and that is the same I get on Michael's side. Michael keeps blustering but a little part of him keeps looking hesitant. Just like when he thought the bomb killed Sonny you could see underneith he still loves him. I don't think he'll grovel to Sonny in the end but something will happen where they will mutually "bury the hatchet" so to speak.

I did think it was funny when Michael totally pegged Sonny right and Kiki and Morgan made it appear Michael was wrong. I loved how they all rolled with it like Michael wasn't right.

Even though Michael is getting to say a lot of truths he is still being shown alone for the most part with Sonny having a room full of support. So my long way of answering the question is to say I do think Sonny is supposed to be shown as sympathetic, but Michael is also being shown as justified too.

Oh, I forgot to talk about the Maxie/Nathan/Spinelli scenes. Maxie is THE WORST. Can she just get back with Spinelli already and then they both can just die so I never have to see them or hear their voices ever again, please, I'm begging. Free Nathan!

And just to show I do agree with the majority sometime...WORD!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 4

I would very much need this to be true. Maybe she can get a bullet + coma to the head. Really join team Corinthos. 

• Love 5

I didn't think the Franco and Nina stuff was too bad just so much dog chasing it's tail. How many times can they say the same thing over and over.  I just wish they had a better story b/c I think they have some adorable chemistry in small moments like that last scene on the floor. That was cute and I wanted them to kiss. But now Luke he can DIAF any time now.

Okay I know that convoluted cancer story was supposed to justify Silas helping Ava so much but it was totally ridiculous along with his lone tear, please. If she is truely dying why wouldn't he turn her in and get her a compassionate release to be with her children, b/c as it stands now she is just as much a prisoner as she would be in actual prison. The whole set-up is stupid.

• Love 2

I would very much need this to be true. Maybe she can get a bullet + coma to the head. Really join team Corinthos.

Nope I wish Kiki would grow a brain and realize her mother wouldn't want Avery around Sonny. That isn't honoring Ava. Far from it. Trust me I know Ava is far from a saint. God Kiki angered me saying Micheal was the bad seed. Bitch you helped make him that way and he's not the bad seed at all. But keep standing silent and going "Pssshh" when Micheal makes you look stupid

• Love 2

Ron can make magic awesome from anything!

• Love 1

Go Michael, Go Michael Go!

I actually stood up and cheered when told the cop to arrest Carly and then when said he was going to call Avery "AJ"!!!

Fuck me, Michael. No, seriously. Yes, right in front of all of them IDEC. I need ten cigarettes after that. "I'll just call you A.J." Brilliant!

I cheered so loud I scared my cats!  It was just an awesome moment.  AWESOME.  I never thought I'd see karma come around to bite Sonny Corinthos in the ass - not on this show, not ever - so seeing it happen felt like a miracle.  That's it, RC, I'm campaigning for that Emmy for ya!

I actually hope that Ron's habit of dropping storylines for months at a time kicks in here and Michael as Avery's father becomes the status quo for a good long while.  I want to have time to savor this.

Maura mutha!fuckin West was brilliant today. I am still leary of Ron doing a cancer story, but damn Maura is already bringing it.

That was the ugliest cry EVER, and I say that with great admiration.  MW is just knocking it out of the park these days.

Does Hayley Erin look at her scripts see how stupid Kiki is and just thinks "well it's a job I need this" what person in their right mind wants her little sister raised by a horrible human being who tried to kill her mother. Him being the father sperm donor is no excuse.

Fixed your spelling for ya.  ;)

EDITED TO ADD:  Am I the only one who hopes that smarmtastic scene where Carly puts her hands on Sonny's and Morgan's shoulders and says "We'll get through this together" is an anvil that, no, they won't?

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 6

ETA: Where is tvgoddess at?!? I can't wait to read her thoughts on our girl Maura, and on Keeks & Cappy's latest bit of fuckery.

New Kiki was the worst stumbling during that one scene with Michael. I've seen cashiers at McDonald's read orders back more coherently. Wtf was that?

I'm fanwanking that Haley Erin thought Kiki's words today were total horseshit and delivered that crappy performance on purpose. Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

I cheered so loud I scared my cats!  It was just an awesome moment.  AWESOME.  I never thought I'd see karma come around to bite Sonny Corinthos in the ass - not on this show, not ever - so seeing it happen felt like a miracle.  That's it, RC, I'm campaigning for that Emmy for ya!

I actually hope that Ron's habit of dropping storylines for months at a time kicks in here and Michael as Avery's father becomes the status quo for a good long while.  I want to have time to savor this.

That was the ugliest cry EVER, and I say that with great admiration.  MW is just knocking it out of the park these days.

Fixed your spelling for ya.  ;)

EDITED TO ADD:  Am I the only one who hopes that smarmtastic scene where Carly puts her hands on Sonny's and Morgan's shoulders and says "We'll get through this together" is an anvil that, no, they won't?

Thanks for fixing my spelling lol and I'm really hoping Morgan Carly and Sonny don't get through It together.

ETA: Where is tvgoddess at?!? I can't wait to read her thoughts on our girl Maura, and on Keeks & Cappy's latest bit of fuckery.

I'm fanwanking that Haley Erin thought Kiki's words today were total horseshit and delivered that crappy performance on purpose.

That would be awesome.

• Love 1

I'll pay for literally anyone to beat the shit out of Morgan at this point.

I can't believe they're recycling the same shit with RH romping around (and breaking out of) the kookyhouse with crazy people again. These two are also far more annoying than Heather and Lucy, to say nothing of Franco himself. "My father!"

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 14

I'll pay for literally anyone to beat the shit out of Morgan at this point.

I can't believe they're recycling the same shit with RH romping around (and breaking out of) the kookyhouse with crazy people again. These two are also far more annoying than Heather and Lucy, to say nothing of Franco himself. "My father!"

Morgan and his permanent "Derp" face can be taken out by a car bomb any day now.

Every time Franco calls Scott his "father" a small piece of my soul dies. I just can't stand it. I really can't.

Who are Mac and Felicia?

Are they the rib people? Or Maxie's bank?

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

Morgan needs his ass Beat badly

But that might cause his brain to swell.  

On the other hand, in his case, a swollen brain might actually be to his advantage.

• Love 3

On the other hand, in his case, a swollen brain might actually be to his advantage.

Heh, but OTOH Morgan's head is so far up Sonny's bunghole at this point you can't even see the soles of his feet anymore.

• Love 6

Sorry, I'm finding it comical that Michael is a big old bad guy (not the nice guy Kiki cheated on his brother with) by wanting to keep his sister away from the mob life. What a heinous piece of shit!  I don't care what motivations Michael has.  This isn't Michael 2.0.  Avery is not going into a worst situation (which IMO is what happened to Michael).  I find it ridiculous that no one but Carly has mentioned that Michael will actually love Avery.  

Although she ruins it by still standing by Sonny even though he is treating HER son (as she always likes to point out) as a common enemy.   This story is really doing Carly no favors.  

Sonny really does ruin everything.  Its absurd that they don't have Kiki on Michael's side - for no other reason than Sonny tried to kill her mother and she would rather see a pack of wolves raise her before him.  

Sonny - wow.  He is showing his true colors and then some.  How does Michael ever have a relationship with Sonny now?  

• Love 14

Morgan is Morgan's greatest disadvantage. He can't help himself and he's stuck with himself, very much a lose lose situation.

• Love 3

Sonny - wow.  He is showing his true colors and then some.  How does Michael ever have a relationship with Sonny now?  

Same way everyone else has a relationship with him, they just force it and ignore the absurdity of anyone talking to him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Kiki, when did Michael stoop being a good son? When he didn't thank Sonny for killing AJ? Because he wanted to keep Avery away from the crazy dangerous life of Sonny? Or was it when Michael stopped his adopted father from killing your mother?  When did he stop being a good brother? Actually I figured that one out. It was when he kicked your and Morgan's lazy, mooching asses out of the brownstone.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 16

Heh, but OTOH Morgan's head is so far up Sonny's bunghole at this point you can't even see the soles of his feet anymore.

OMG, I didn't think of that!  In that case, if Morgan's brain started to swell, Sonny would probably mistake it for hemorroids.  Which, in a way, would be kinda sweet, since those are one of things Snarly finds so damn cute about Sonny.  

At least Kiki is spared from any brain swelling, since she proved to today that even in the absence of being a potato head, she's STILL a moron.

• Love 3

I didn't think the Franco and Nina stuff was too bad just so much dog chasing it's tail. How many times can they say the same thing over and over.  I just wish they had a better story b/c I think they have some adorable chemistry in small moments like that last scene on the floor. That was cute and I wanted them to kiss. But now Luke he can DIAF any time now.

Okay I know that convoluted cancer story was supposed to justify Silas helping Ava so much but it was totally ridiculous along with his lone tear, please. If she is truely dying why wouldn't he turn her in and get her a compassionate release to be with her children, b/c as it stands now she is just as much a prisoner as she would be in actual prison. The whole set-up is stupid.

Seriously? He pulled out the ONE TEAR again?

• Love 4

Haha! We're all very familiar with the Michael Easton Singletear.

Why does the show think Wacky Pushy Ex-Lover Spinelli is cute? Everything about this story is awful. I'd rather watch yet another sick baby story to bring Spinelli back, and that's saying something. Someone needs to beat the fuck out of him. I fear that sooner or later Nathan will do so and then we'll be expected to sympathize with Spin.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10

Franco and Nina (RoHo and MS) have fantastic chemistry and play off of each other beautifully.  Both are popular actors who have been misused and misplaced pretty consistently since joining the cast, but together they mesh perfect and right now, they're story is fun to watch, with moments of depth and a surprisingly sweet love story is developing here.   Throwing Luke--and whatever darkness is going on with him--into the mix adds a dark tenor to that story and a mystery that draws more people into it so that they aren't isolated.

I don't find a single thing deep or sweet about Nina and Franco's alleged love story. I've got zero interest in watch the serial killer and jazz hands 'falling in love.' Gross. Seriously both of these characters could lift right out and no other character would miss them at all - most of the audience wouldn't either.

I am so in love with Michael right now. AJ! Perfection.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 17

I just watched the most INCREDIBLE AMAZING FRACKING DELICIOUS moment in like 20 years on this show - "I'll call you AJ" and that FU LOOK.

It was a truly awesome soap moment that was earned.  20 fucking years! 

The writing for Michael, at least, was really good in this episode.  Admitting the Qs aren't perfect; the look at my brain shot scar mentions (the second one to Kiki seemed like an ad-lib judging by her non-response]; getting slightly choked up at the, you all hurt me scene, and also his gearing up to say arrest Carly too.  IF you watch closely, Michael's nervous to say it, and does that take a breath thing he did when he told Jason he was raped.  Not as major as the rape reveal scene, but he was uncomfortable doing it.  CD is hitting this story out of the park.  He's the second coming of AJ, and I mean that in a good way.  SK and BW were brilliant as AJ even when everyone was against him.

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 18

That walkoff scene with Michael's big, honking "FUCK YOU" to Sonny and Carly was beautiful. I loved how in-control he was, dismissing Sonny by telling him he has no options, that no one, not even the governor, will save his ass anymore.

• Love 14

What a show we had today.  Talk about the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Michael was tremendous today.  You've all said it better than I could, but throughout it all he didn't flinch.  And ending it with the "I'll call her AJ" was gold.  I doubt they will call her that - I can't see Monica or Tracy or anyone at the mansion feeling good about that.  But as a FU to Moobs it was perfection.   

Moobs reminded me today of one of those monkey toys, you know, the ones that play the cymbals.  Kiki's praise of Sonny.....well, we knew she was stupid, but I didn't really think she was Morgan-level of dumb.  And Morgan......all that can be said is that no DNA test would EVER be needed to prove he's the natural offspring of Moobs and Snarly.

Fluke and Nina and Franco - so bad, but not bad enough to be funny.  Except when Fluke "escaped" by outrunning the security at the asylum.  He ran like Aunt Bea hurrying home from visiting Barney Fife, with a bad case of the trots.  Oh yeah, THIS guy is the BIG BAD.  But then again, this is the show that tells us Sonny is the same, and that Carly is a good mother and Patrick is a good doctor.  I guess anything is possible.

Spinelli needs to dumped into a woodchipper, head first, hopefully in the middle of one of his excrutiatingly annoying precious sentences.  The guy looks like mutant pie dough come to life and out for revenge.  If I could never hear the word "Maximista" or anything else that pretentious pile of verbiage expells like the noxious bag of gas he is I'd be very happy.

On the other hand, Det. Kitty could just murder him.  And then find a woman to date who has a brain.  It's not hard for me to dislike Maxie on a good day, but she's not had one of those in longer than I can remember.  

• Love 10

It was a truly awesome soap moment that was earned.  20 fucking years! 

The writing for Michael, at least, was really good in this episode.  Admitting the Qs aren't perfect; the look at my brain shot scar mentions (the second one to Kiki seemed like an ad-lib judging by her non-response]

That's just the actress and her suckiness. They aren't allowed to ad-lib. Maybe Tony Geary and Roger Howarth, that's it.

• Love 2

BTW, the recommended treatment for lymphona is chemo and radiation not a bone marrow transplant.

That's what I thought. I was surprised with the hodgkins vs non hodgkins stuff and thought they sprung for an oncologist consultant, but that all came crashing down with the bone marrow comment. Come on writers, you can google all this now!

I am psyched to watch all the Michael goodness again tonight. First time in forever an episode was not deleted from the DVR. Thank you for making GH watchable, MWOP!

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

I think I hate Morgan more than Patrick.

What is happening? What is life?

Morgan and Patrick should have scenes. "Whoa bro, she didn't want to be with you because she felt bad* she was kidnapped? What a petty grudge, why can't she, like, just get over it dude?"

*at first I put "traumatized" instead of "bad", but then I realized, that's not a Morgan word. :)

• Love 6

In addition to all the awesomeness Michael had to say, I agreed with him about the judge repeatedly saying "Avery Jerome Corinthos."  Ava was not married to, engaged to or involved with Sonny or Morgan when Avery was born. The baby's name should just legally be Avery Jerome, as Sonny's other daughter is Kristina Davis, she's not referred to as Kristina Davis-Corinthos and Elizabeth's eldest son got her last name, as she was a single mother too. Also, we all saw Kiki's birth certificate published in the newspaper and though Silas was named as the father, she was never "Lauren Jerome Clay" (or even "Lauren Jerome Frank.") IRL in the '90s, my cousin was single (although still with her boyfriend) when she had her son, and he got her last name, not his father's.  This point seems idiotic to me, and as usual Sonny makes it worse with "That's her name, Michael."

• Love 6

Hey, I'm here! I thought Maura was incredible as always, but I had a little bit of a hard time with the scenes as they just brought back too many memories (even though mine was not lymphoma). Ava actually handled it much better than I did considering Silas pretty much told her she had no shot in hell, whereas I was told the tumor was small, caught early and treatable. Pretty sure I cried louder lol. But I just love watching her work. She just brings something that is so real, so honest. She's laid everything out there, bare bones, raw, no makeup, hair in a ponytail, and I love her for it. I'll continue to enjoy her knocking it out of the park. I'll go back and rewatch so I can concentrate on her this time.

Kiki and Morgan, I don't even know what to say. STFU would be a good start. Stop defending SONNY, of all people. I knew that Morgan would be written this way since jsbt pretty much spelled it out a while ago, but I honestly didn't know it would be this bad. He sucks, hard. (Although along with ulkis, I still found him attractive. He looks good in suits.) The writing is just horrible. I asked someone how long this was going to last, because I really can't take much more of him. And she doesn't deserve the last name Jerome. Why doesn't she just change her last name to Corinthos, if she's going to be this disloyal?

Poor Avery, already on her third name change.

The rest was a mix of boring (Naxie/Spixie) and please get the hell off my screen and die (Luke/Franco/Nina).

The show seemed extra choppy today, really poor editing and direction. And it looks cheap as hell, that Shadybrook set. Normally, I don't even notice things like this, and I leave it to you guys to point it out because I'm simply not that observant. So when I do notice, you know it's bad.

That explains why the Nina/Franco/Luke stuff was so godawful.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I miss Anna and Jordan. Please bring them back. As a matter of fact, I'd be fine with an all-female episode. I really have no use for any of the males in this town at the current moment. No Kiki or Nina necessary though.

• Love 7

Morgan and Patrick should have scenes. "Whoa bro, she didn't want to be with you because she felt bad* she was kidnapped? What a petty grudge, why can't she, like, just get over it dude?"

*at first I put "traumatized" instead of "bad", but then I realized, that's not a Morgan word. :)

Haaaa. Morgan is to Patrick as doofus is to dick.

• Love 4

Avery should not be stuck with the Corinthos last name. All three of Liz's boys are Webbers no matter who their father is.

Isn't Aiden's last name Spencer. Jake was too.

• Love 4

Haha! We're all very familiar with the Michael Easton Singletear.

Why does the show think Wacky Pushy Ex-Lover Spinelli is cute? Everything about this story is awful. I'd rather watch yet another sick baby story to bring Spinelli back, and that's saying something. Someone needs to beat the fuck out of him. I fear that sooner or later Nathan will do so and then we'll be expected to sympathize with Spin.

I don't think the show wants us to sympathize with Spinelli at all. I think he's the heavy here. The "me and Maxie are not over, muahaha" pretty much illustrated that, imo. He may eventually turn into not-the-heavy, but right now I think he is the little evil elf who will get in the middle.

Funnily enough I am kinda enjoying him now, after years of getting douchechills just from his appearance. Mostly just because I think he's funny. He's definitely a total shit. But Nathan's blue steel lip pursing expressions annoy me. In a way, much like Maxie, I am also torn. 

Isn't Aiden's last name Spencer. Jake was too.

Jake's last name shifted a lot. So did Cameron's. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I just can't with Nathan. RP just cannot act. He can't do his job and I resent the fact that we're all supposed to ignore that and not care because he's got nice abs.

I might feel differently if he had amazing chemistry with Maxie or any other character but he doesn't - he's just...there

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

I do think he has a nice, easygoing chemistry with DZ/Dante and FH/Anna, but that's as far as I think he should go. He should just be their sidekick, and Anna should be using him as her boytoy, but giving him scenes with mutter* or giving him scenes where he tries to play angry, they should just leave those off, imo.

*Who, to be fair, seems to have disappeared . . .

• Love 1

I think today kind of supported my theory that we are actually supposed to be rooting for Michael in all of this. Sonny outright threatening to kill Michael, while Carly stood silently by? No way even this show would expect us to be supporting that, right? It has been really shocking to me how much Sonny has turned on Michael, not just in anger but in seething hatred and threatened (promised?) violence. I had hoped we'd see this side of Sonny, proving that he maybe isn't that great of a father, but I never thought we'd actually get it. Going back to what I said a few days ago, I think it's possible that the show is intentionally making S & C hypocritical horrible disgusting people. In years past, they were terrible, but it seemed like the show itself didn't realize it and instead thought the really were awesome and wonderful, but now it seems more like the show is screaming "These two people are the woooorrrrrssssttt!"

I don't know.  As good as that would be, Kiki siding with Sonny makes me think that he's the one we're supposed to root for. . . .

• Love 2

I think calling Avery "AJ Quartermaine " was a symbolic fuck you to Sonny and Carly for them taking AJ, Jason, and Micheal from Monica and the Quartermaines. Micheal was basically saying to them (and I'm basing this on the conversation with Tracy and the constant accusations from Sonny/Carly that the custody hearing was revenge for Sonny killing AJ) "You took Monica and Alan's two sons and grandson from them. Now, Sonny I'm taking your child from you, naming her AJ. This will remind you of the biggest line you crossed." Alan was not included in Micheal's "miserable Quartermaines " speech, as Tracy specifically said yesterday that losing Micheal, Jason, and AJ due to Sonny tore Monica and Alan up.

• Love 6