Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Maxie tells Nathan he's baby Georgie's competition for 'favorite' in her life/attention? Ugh.  She sucks as a mother and the baby isn't even with her yet. I think Nathan is more enthusiastic about Georgie than Maxie is. I feel bad for those teary eyes of his. Nathan is waaayyyy too good for Maxie. 

Scott as the voice of truth about Sonny was good, but the bellowing at Lulu was annoying. "Please Scott, help me save my father" Ugh Lulu. Love that Scott brought up the rape of Laura and the death of little Jake as two of Luke's sins, that he's a bad man. Go Scott! Lulu's outrage makes me roll my eyes. 

I can't even with Carly giving Sonny/baby Avery Michael's nightlight ... when (if Sonny is really the father) the baby was conceived on the grave of the man who was Carly's partner in conceiving Michael. Ugh.  And Sonny flirting as soon as she walked in, yuck. It's almost funny that Carly is using her whatever it is with Jake as a weapon against Sonny. LOL at her anger that Sonny is all "I want", disregarding her desire to make choices. The definition of insanity is...

Ric looks fantastic. He clearly will do whatever to make Elizabeth happy. He looks at 'Jake' approximately the same way he looks at Julian.  Nik's tattoos are so distracting I could barely pay attention to his conversation with Elizabeth. Interesting that he's surprised she would want to talk to/see him if she's not unhappy with Ric. Last I heard, she's still your friend. Not everyone is ruled by hormones like you, Nik. At least in the end he seemed like her real friend. And he looked much better in that blue shirt while talking to Lulu.

Could Morgan be more of a dumbass and Sonny propper? I'm thinking no. I actually felt a little bad for Kiki, listening to him. Now I feel dirty. Run Kiki, run far away with Avery...and don't come back. 

• Love 8

Gosh, what the heck were with Kikis sleeves. Is she the new Brenda. And thank you for reminding Morgan that his father is a liar. Shut up, Morgan. Remember when I liked you. :(

Nikolas, seems like a hypocrite being snotty about Jake when he kept Helena around without telling anyone.

Liz, completely ignoring Ric in the courthouse to hold Jake's hand had me dying. She is so transparent. Also Rics beard makes him look creepy.

• Love 3

Liz, completely ignoring Ric in the courthouse to hold Jake's hand had me dying. She is so transparent. Also Rics beard makes him look creepy.

Her jumping in with both feet to help him, including a trip to Spoon Island to bat her eyes at another ex-lover, is ridiculous. 

Liz, you had a brainwashed Helena flunkie under your roof, think of your children and cut bait NOW.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Has it ever come up now I could be wrong this might have happened on PC. Didn't when Katherine died Helena try to change her will that Katherine left Helena everything when in Katherines orginal will Serena was the heir? If true I can't imagine Scotty being a big Helena fan in the first place lol.

And then the little twit [Lulu] had the nerve to threaten Scotty that he would regret doing his job.

"You're a public servant.  Serve!  ...by doing me a personal favor that's actually not in the best interest of the public."

Shut the fuck up, Lulu.

• Love 4

Shallow alert: ER looked every bit her age today. And WTF is that mop on top of Maxie's head. Her whole outfit in general was bad. Those clothes looked like something someone ten years younger than her would be wearing, and along with KSt's sometimes irritating acting, just highlight how immature this character often is. She should not be anyone's mother. UGH.

Team Kiki! idec. I think the baby is good for her. Avery gives the character focus and her devotion to her mother, despite her mother being less than a model citizen, makes me like her. It rings genuine. It even makes me willing to overlook some of KA's most annoying acting tics. Sadly this story also makes me roll my eyes at Morgan. It's so weird to watch him basically be like, "Ava's dead, oh well" when a year ago he was in love with her. Yes, she cheated on him and they have been apart for a long while now, but he should be more feeling at her loss. 

• Love 7

Carly:  I'm here to help with the baby.  I don't see a baby.

Sonny:  I'm here.

::crickets chirp:

Yes, Carly, yes.  Sonny is the biggest baby you've ever had to take care of.

Morgan is so very, very dumb.  (Do the writers intentionally write him that way, or is his intelligence a casualty of plot points?)  Yes, Morgan, yes, every child is best with their biological parents.  Right, Lily's baby?  Sam's baby?  Dante?  Kristina?  ::crickets chirp::  Yes, Morgan, yes, we know how you feel, so please just put your hand down and have all the seats.  But, here's a homework assignment.  Ask Sonny how he feels about kids always being best with their biological dads.  Case study:  Michael. Then we'll talk about Avery.

I'm not much for kids, but even I don't want Sonny getting his hands on that sweet, vulnerable baby.

Maxie, please change your hairstyle, because, just no.

Lulu earned a lot of points with me last week when she so righteously reamed out Nicholas.  Too bad she lost them today by asking Scott for immunity for Helena, for the sake of her father, then being righteously indignant when he said no, because, Lulu, this is Scott, who understandably has no good feelings towards Luke, and Helena, who no one in their right mind would want free and clear, especially with no proof she is controlling Luke's mind.

• Love 7

"You're a public servant.  Serve!  ...by doing me a personal favor that's actually not in the best interest of the public."

Shut the fuck up, Lulu.

She was so out of line it wasn't even funny. I wish she could have somehow been held in contempt of court for threatening a D.A. or just being a generally selfish and self-serving monster.

It was a disgusting display by her.

• Love 6

Which Judge was Judge Country? If I recall, we had Judge Moesha rule on Maxie, Judge Asian for the AJ trial, and now it's Judge Harriet Winslow. What court thing did I block out?

Judge Country was the one to send Michael to prison because he was angry at Snarly and Sonny for lying under oath.

• Love 1

Lulu, there are many reasons Scott is a jackass, but not granting immunity to Helena for the sake of your drunken deadbeat child-killing rapist dad is not one of them. Not that I don't sympathize with her wanting to help her dad, because I do, but really. And also she is lucky Scott didn't get pissed at her for grabbing his hand like that.

We did not need Maxie to flashback to every Johnny scene yesterday, talk about padding. I can't decide what's stupider, Maxie helping out Johnny or Lulu believing everything out of him the other week. I buy Maxie and Lulu hooking up more than either of them caring that much about what happens to Johnny.

I liked the little Ric/Scotty exchange.

Morgan: my dad's not a liar.

oh jeez. Go home Morgan, you're drunk. And really fucking dumb. But still, why must he kiss Sonny's ass whole sale? It's bad writing. At least he seemed sympathetic to Kiki.

I can kinda see why they needed to recast Kiki now.

• Love 14

So, Snarly is staking her claim on Jake. What else is new? Let the war between Liz and Snarly continue.

Well she has to be quick because as soon as Jake and Sonny "meet" there will be no question who the true long lost "love birds" are.

• Love 1

She was so out of line it wasn't even funny. I wish she could have somehow been held in contempt of court for threatening a D.A. or just being a generally selfish and self-serving monster.

It was a disgusting display by her.

Not only that but self-defense or not I sure wouldn't be begging the man whose son I killed to do me a favor but thats just me lol.

• Love 3

As much as I hate this show, and as much as I'm just hate-watching, why does BO always have something to say that's soooooooo important that GH is always interrupted?

It is worth interrupting GH for even if the press conference is of the POTUS sneezing. Nevermind topics of national security. 

• Love 1
Judge Country was the one to send Michael to prison because he was angry at Snarly and Sonny for lying under oath.

The actor is Dakin Matthews. He's a H!ITG. (He was Headmaster Charleston in Gilmore Girls, among other things.)

I can kinda see why they needed to recast Kiki now.

Why not wrap up the story and then let KA go? The character is a bust no matter who plays her, IMO, but let her originator (that should probably be in quotes) finish out the run.

• Love 1

I can't believe I forgot! I think GH has truly occupied parts of my brain that will never be intelligent again. I was thinking of going for my LSATS and all I could think of while looking at practice questions was "What if the governor pardons my client?" I think I'll stick to the world of psychology.

• Love 3

Thank you Obama for keeping your address short enough for Nikolas to enrage me more than half of Team Sonny. HE did nothing about his grandmother blowing up half the town, but Scott is a Jackass?! Please get your throat cut by said Grandmother sooner rather than later.

• Love 2

Scotty gives me life! Honestly, if all Scotty did was randomly wander into scenes to remind people that Lewq is in fact a rapist and a murderer, I'd be so happy.

If you added Maxie & Morgan's IQ's together, it would somehow inexplicably be a negative number.

KA's hair looked really good today.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 16

I've just caught the ferry out to the barge.  If Anna happens to ever return to Port Charles, and she isn't stuck sharing a scene with a park bench, a man who resembles a stuffed animal, or a man who looks like he wears one on the top of head, would someone be so kind as to send up a flare? I would be greatly indebted.

• Love 9

Did anybody else think they'd taken crazy pills the other day when Nik and Spencer had that heart to heart about loving Helena despite the things she'd done? What the fuck was that? The Nikolas of at least the last fifteen years would never say that.

It felt like Ron trying to teach the audience how to love his villains.

• Love 16

Blerg, Scott brought up Laura's rape again, today? And to Lulu, no less? I'm not a fan of Scott using the rape constantly as a way to trash Luke. There's something... I don't know, distasteful? about it. I don't know if it's because it reiterates the Laura-as-victim dynamic when she was so much more than that, or if it's because it keeps making Scott look like he's still mentally stuck in 1981, or what. I guess today's reference is better than the time he did it IN FRONT OF Laura at the courthouse a few years ago, but saying it to Lulu is still pretty bad, too. I get that the rape affected Scott, too, but dude, there are plenty of other reasons why Luke is terrible. Stick to those.

• Love 3

I've only seen a few random scenes so far but they've inspired me.

I know I've been away awhile but why was KS playing Maxie like Betty Boop today? I fully expected to see Maxie taking hits off a helium tank when Nathan wasn't looking. Does stupid turn Nathan on? Free Maxie!

When Sonny said "yesterday I thought I was going to be in jail forever or dead" my reaction was "good times, huh?" Carly bitching about Sonny pushing her away was a little nuts, even for Carly. He took the fall for you, he hoped that Michael might forgive you if he wasn't in your life, he thought you have no possible future. Do you see what you're making me do, Carly? I just defended Sonny. Now I need to go take a shower.

KS did his share of scenery eating today but it was glorious. Truth-telling Scotty, welcome back. 

• Love 6

Lee wasn't fat though. Big difference. HUGE!

He wasn't a model, either.  Nowadays apparently you have to be perfect-looking to be on TV.   GH mirrors real-life shallowness.

Honestly I think AJ's biggest crime was that he was perceived as weak.  Weak seems to be a reason to be murdered.  

This is also a frequent excuse Sonny's fans use to justify AJ's murder.  I think it's really sick.

• Love 5

Now as for Sonny/mental illness. I have bipolar disorder as well. I also studied psychology. I plan to finish my degree as soon as I clear up some medical bs. Anyway, I highly see personality disorders in Sonny and Carly as well. Carly clearly has BPD. She shows all the classic symptoms. Places someone on a pedestal, then they're "evil" the moment they disappoint her, goes from relationship to relationship like a monkey going from branch to branch, everything is about "her", there's no grey only black and white. There's more, but I've made a big post already. As for Sonny, imo, he's embarassing to people with bipolar. He perpetuates the stereotypes. We don't kill people. We don't want to kill people. I'm a chilled out girl who has cats, likes makeup, and maybe is too obsessed with budgeting and making charts. I also write. But I don't kill.

I tend to agree with you.  I wrote about this before, the personality disorder thing.  This is why they really can never redeem the Sonny character - he will never get help, and he has no insight, both which are typical for folks with those problems.  That diagnosis has such a low percentage of success in treating it that we used to not even write anything about it in the chart (neither did the psychiatrists), because the insurance companies will not pay for personality disorder treatment.  So every time any writer attempts to make Sonny look sorry for what he did, it just doesn't ring true.  He isn't capable of empathy.

As for Snarly, I am not so sure.  She does seem to feel bad for the things she has done, at times (not often).  She has really bad judgment but she usually doesn't deliberately shit-stir the other characters like people with borderline personality disorder do - she's way too busy thinking about herself.  She also hooked up with Franco, and her being able to justify what he did because he had a brain tumor, while still (at times) wondering if she was wrong about him, tells me she doesn't see people in black/white terms.  It's just such a pity she doesn't listen to what little common sense she actually does have.  I tend to think of her more as the shallow, somewhat dimwitted garden-variety neurotic.

Like I said before, I don't think soaps should try to "do" mental illness, because they get it wrong most, if not all, of the time.  I have seen bipolar disorder portrayed in 2 ways in the media (tv and film): the "people with bipolar disorder are exceptionally creative" idea, and the "people with bipolar disorder go on rampages and kill people" idea.  Both are inaccurate, as you pointed out.  MB's claim that he helps people is based on "reminding people to take their pills", as he stated in his Fairman interview.  Wow, big contribution, thanks ever so much.  Neither he nor any other show are doing any favors for people who have mental illness, and they seem to actually do more harm than good most often.

Edited by HipOldBat
  • Love 4
I'm not a fan of Scott using the rape constantly as a way to trash Luke. There's something... I don't know, distasteful? about it.

The reason I don't like Scott continuing to bring it up is because it's none of his damn business. Luke and Laura worked that out years ago. It's between them and them alone. STFU, Scott. Dredging it up does reflect poorly on him. There is plenty of other stuff Luke has done that Scott can point to. It's gross he drags Laura into it when she's not here to speak for herself.

I know I've been away awhile but why was KS playing Maxie like Betty Boop today?

Maxie gets into squeaky-toy mode on a regular basis. It was toned down for a while, but now it's back.

• Love 4

Just wait until she's regularly interacting with Spinelli again.  Only dogs will be able to hear her.

And they'll go running for the hills!

But seriously, why couldn't she just have feigned shock that her keys were missing? Turning her purse inside out, making a show of being upset/frustrated that she couldn't find them? Going downstairs to check the car when Nathan suggested she left the keys there, only to find the car missing? Instead she, what? Tells Nathan that she let Johnny take the car? The stupid, it hurts.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 9

Scotty was my hero today, insisting that the words "Sonny" and "hero" do not belong in the same sentence and generally being pissed off about the governor's pardon.  Swoon!

I legit swooned over that. Be mine, Scotty! We can talk shit about Sonny all day, every day.

And there goes Ric under the bus for Jake(son).

I for one am absolutely shocked. SHOCKED I TELL YA. I never saw this coming.

Team Kiki! idec. I think the baby is good for her. Avery gives the character focus and her devotion to her mother, despite her mother being less than a model citizen, makes me like her. It rings genuine. It even makes me willing to overlook some of KA's most annoying acting tics.

This. Whatever, I hope Kiki sues Sonny and gets custody of Avery. KA is actually doing kinda well now. And she looks great. Why do character/actors always get better when they're about to leave lol.

Fucking Lessgan. How is he such an unmitigated idiot? It's embarrassing. Also, it pisses me off that BC looks so fine now when I hate Lessgan. Dammit

And on that note, why is Sonny so hot to me now? I hate myself.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

He wasn't a model, either.  Nowadays apparently you have to be perfect-looking to be on TV.   GH mirrors real-life shallowness.

This is also a frequent excuse Sonny's fans use to justify AJ's murder.  I think it's really sick.

Lee was an attractive man though, a silver fox if ever there was one. He had an air of distinction about him. Now we have Fluke. UGH!

• Love 8

No he should not, but MB should no matter what Maurice always shines when he has to play off kids/babies

Baby Avery plus Sonny = adorableness. Unfortunately, then Sonny started talking. How about an episode of various characters just holding Avery? Cut the Fluke s/l and just insert a baby cam focused on Avery.

They need to seriously consider my suggestion that, once a week, they do a closing credits scene of MB, RoHo, and ME hanging out with babies.

I really wish that, yesterday, when Olivia was going on and on to Michael about how she knows what he's going through, he would have said "So what you're saying is, maybe I'll get lucky and someone will off Sonny?"  

• Love 9

And they'll go running for the hills!

But seriously, why couldn't she just have feigned shock that her keys were missing? Turning her purse inside out, making a show of being upset/frustrated that she couldn't find them? Going downstairs to check the car when Nathan suggested she left the keys there, only to find the car missing? Instead she, what? Tells Nathan that she let Johnny take the car? The stupid, it hurts.

For a woman so good at lying, she sucks at it. ;)

• Love 2

Thank you. It was so easy. When Nathan asked about her money, look in the wallet and say that there was some money there. Where is it? Shake the purse -- but on a little show. Then look in the purse, not find your keys, and make a show of looking for the car. 

I feel pretty confident that Johnny would not tell on her and Port Charles is not that large. The car is right outside of town and Johnny should be gone. There was no way to pin this on her.

Maybe I should be sad because the first thing I thought of was that she needed to play this off and lie. :-(

• Love 4

After seeing part of today, I want Sonny to join Jimmy Hoffa. Not only are he and Carly wooden together, I could barely understand his mumbling . Praise the name of whoever invented ff.

Seeing Hot Ric with some scruff couldn't make up for Liz' passion to save the cop shooting, bomb planting, criminal freeing scumbag that is Jake. The more everyone fawns over him the more I can't stand him and them.

• Love 3

How is Maxie suddenly a bad liar? I thought whiny, likes fashion, and good liar were her main character traits. And Det. needs to take a seat, lest he forget his own sudden inability to detective things around Nina.

Seriously.  She once convinced an entire town that Pillowena was a real pregnancy, and now she can't sustain a "shit my car's been stolen" lie to a block of wood?  

• Love 10

Why was Ric hostile towards Jakeson? Is it because he's jealous that Bran Muffin started to obsess over him? Jealously is not a good look for Ric, especially when it's because of Bran Muffin.

Why is no one suggesting Avery be put up for adoption? Kaka (and Morgan) is in no position to take care of a baby.

Scotty is annoying.

So now Maxie doesn't know how to lie? To Detective Plywood of all people? She should be ashamed of herself.

The reason I don't like Scott continuing to bring it up is because it's none of his damn business. Luke and Laura worked that out years ago. It's between them and them alone. STFU, Scott. Dredging it up does reflect poorly on him. There is plenty of other stuff Luke has done that Scott can point to. It's gross he drags Laura into it when she's not here to speak for herself.

Maxie gets into squeaky-toy mode on a regular basis. It was toned down for a while, but now it's back.

Actually it was Scotts business. She was his wife when he raped her. he had every right to want to help his wife. She wanted Luke so what she got was karma. Now I suppose Luke didn't run over Jake and not care. Luke is a drunk.TG is an ass. He is biting the hand that fed him for years by wanting to go back to his old ways . MAybe the reason I can dislike this Luke is because I didn't watch during the rape. If I had I most likely wouldn't have ever liked Luke.. Scotty has always been the bad guy because he was angry for Laura even if she wasn't. Think lulu shouldn't know. Nick told lucky and it took a long time for him to forgive his father, and his mother also.

• Love 3

What a mess.

I was okay with Sonny being low-key while the idiot Governor pardoned him. It worked for me. Good for Michael staying strong. 

Dear Universe, please stop propping Sonny.

Luke's hair is really fluffy. Helena has outlived her usefulness. Alas.

What else. Hmmm. Morgan. Where are your balls?

Disliked seeing Carly hovering like a bat, with that stupid smile on her face, at the door, with Sonny. Away with thee!

• Love 1

Actually it was Scotts business. She was his wife when he raped her. he had every right to want to help his wife. She wanted Luke so what she got was karma. Now I suppose Luke didn't run over Jake and not care. Luke is a drunk.TG is an ass. He is biting the hand that fed him for years by wanting to go back to his old ways . MAybe the reason I can dislike this Luke is because I didn't watch during the rape. If I had I most likely wouldn't have ever liked Luke.. Scotty has always been the bad guy because he was angry for Laura even if she wasn't. Think lulu shouldn't know. Nick told lucky and it took a long time for him to forgive his father, and his mother also.

I watched the show when the rape happened, and Scotty was a good guy. He loved Laura and wanted to help her through it. It was in so many ways a great soapy story until they decided that Laura loved Luke. I'll never forget the day that Luke told Bobbie he had to get Laura to admit it was an act of love not violence. Then of course the show had to turn Scotty into an ass to prop Luke.

• Love 2
Actually it was Scotts business. She was his wife when he raped her. he had every right to want to help his wife. She wanted Luke so what she got was karma.

Rape was Laura's karma? Wow, I can't disagree with that strongly enough. Scott did have every right to help her. Helping doesn't mean bringing it up every chance he gets. 

Thanks for the Maxie flashbacks to yesterday, Ron. 

At least Morgan is pretty consistent. He's annoyed that Michael is still mad at Sonny, and he's annoyed that Lauren won't instantly hand over Avery to Sonny.

Besides the actual content of the Scott/Lulu conversation, it drove me nuts that it took Lulu ten minutes to spit out what she wanted Scott to do and why. I hate that style of writing.

LOL that Sonny is sniffing around Carly again. He burned his bridges with Olivia, and his other women are dead or gone, so he might as well go after the woman who never goes away.

The Snickers ad with Danny Trejo and Steve Buscemi as Marcia and Jan Brady was hilarious. Well done, Mars ad agency.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6