Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Seriously, though, with the kidnapping epidemic on this show. Luke, Robin, Ava, Carly, Lulu, and probably others getting serially kidnapped. Duke in prison for eons. Even Faison in a hole (he deserved it, though).

OMG, you guys, I figured it out! The writers are being held captive and this madness is all a cry for help!!

• Love 14

OMG, you guys, I figured it out! The writers are being held captive and being forced to churn out drek against their wishes and this madness is all a cry for help!!

Is this what you meant? 

• Love 8

Yea really. Has Sam even talked to Michael since the reveal? Or like in the last year?

They spoke on Thanksgiving. Sam brought Danny to the Qs so he could spend time with Monica on the holiday. She and Michael talked briefly about the suckiness that is his life, and she told him she was there for him if he needed her.

Now would be an excellent time for Michael's Aunt Skye to come back into town and become his business consigliore.

No, thank you! I cannot stand Skye.

• Love 3

See, this is why Sonny should have just let Johnny take over his territory. We all know Johnny's guys already found out who Fluke is, what his plan is, and how to defeat him.

Maybe its because its so effing cold right now, but I just couldn't stand the sight of Lulu in a sleeveless dress in upstate New York in January. 

I know, I said I felt cold just looking at her. And it wasn't just that it was sleeveless, it looked like this flimsy-ish material.

I was very mystified by Johnny and Lulu's dialogue at the end. Something about Lulu saying stuff inside and then Johnny's all, patches of black ice? Too deep for me.

Don't know if it's a better fanwank that someone attends to Luke while Fluke is away or that the chair doubles as a toilet.

I thought the Spencers' Elm Street home was in Florida.  Right? Did Ron re-locate it to Port Charles?  I thought Bobbie came to Port Charles as a nurse in the late 1970s and summoned Luke to help her break up Laura and Scotty. Ruby followed a little while later.

So, they edited out the Dante/Anna sex scene that happens after Anna tells him to close the door, right?  Right? Nevermind, don't answer that. I prefer to live in my fantasy world.

well, something has to explain the hair.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I thought I had read there was mention of another Spencer sister in the beginning but it was quickly dropped. Of course, Bobbi showed up in early 78/79(?) and, I might be confusing this Pat sister from somewhere else. I also think RC is reinventing how & when Bobbi and eventually Luke wound up in Port Charles. From what I recall, they both had come from Florida with Ruby and never were in PC before then. I guess RC is taking some (non) creative licensing. It's been done before and I'm sure it will be done again.

I'm pretty sure that Port Charles was the childhood home of Bobbie and Luke.  As I remember, Bobbie returned to the town of her childhood when she first showed up, and then had Luke come back.  But they both had left PC at an early age and run off to Florida.  

But then again, I remember a time when I liked Bobbie, so it could all be false memories.  I don't remember a Patricia, though, at all.

• Love 1

Now would be an excellent time for Michael's Aunt Skye to come back into town and become his business consigliore.

Now would be an excellent time for Skye to roll into town, punch Carly in the face, and then casually mention that she and Jax are back together.

• Love 8

Now would be an excellent time for Skye to roll into town, punch Carly in the face, and then casually mention that she and Jax are back together.

I would like it better if it were Brenda, who really has a reason to punch Snarly not just in the face but all over.

• Love 1

I thought I had read there was mention of another Spencer sister in the beginning but it was quickly dropped. Of course, Bobbi showed up in early 78/79(?) and, I might be confusing this Pat sister from somewhere else. I also think RC is reinventing how & when Bobbi and eventually Luke wound up in Port Charles. From what I recall, they both had come from Florida with Ruby and never were in PC before then. I guess RC is taking some (non) creative licensing. It's been done before and I'm sure it will be done again.

Replying in the History thread.

Wow, just reading about what is going on this week on the show makes me glad I'm back at work this week and haven't bothered to play catch up.  It all sounds dreadful.  I really hope Ron and Co. do not turn the Fluke story line into a forgotten transgender Spencer sister story line because I doubt he would address a sensitive issue like a transgender story line as anything other than broad comedy and would probably turn it into a 9 day tribute to the failed 90's show "Cop Rock" or something equally as terrible.  

• Love 4

Today wasn't half bad. I like the bromance between Julian and Carlos, Olivia and Carly have nice friendship chemistry, Bobbie's face didn't look as terrifying as usual, and there was forward progress with the Fluke crap. Plus, Anna and Dante are always nice to see.

Johnny is like the male slut of GH. How many people did he sleep with?

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

Olivia and Carly have nice friendship chemistry

While i like to see friendships, especially female friendships on the show, and Ron has definitely done a much better job at showing friendships in general, these two should not be friends anymore. Carly hired Brooklynn to break up Lante. I dont see how Olivia canbe galpals with someone who tried to hurt her son.

Plus, Anna and Dante are always nice to see.

It's just a shame we couldn't see the sex scene. When Dante told Anna that he came in "to do paperwork", I actually said out loud (to no one) "oh so that's her nickname?".

As much as we've all been half-kidding about Anna & Dante the last few months, and as much as I like Lante, I kinda want Lulu to cheat with Johnny and for Dante to find comfort in the arms of the commissioner.

Johnny is like the male slut of GH. How many people did he sleep with?

No way is Johnny a slut. He's been on the show since 2007 and has only slept with Lulu, Olivia, Carly, and Kannie. And he was in relationships with the first three.

Besides, I think it's more behavior and less volume that makes one a slut. And as far as I know, Johnny never banged someone in a crypt or on a relative's couch.

• Love 6

No way is Johnny a slut. He's been on the show since 2007 and has only slept with Lulu, Olivia, Carly, and Kannie. And he was in relationships with the first three.

Besides, I think it's more behavior and less volume that makes one a slut. And as far as I know, Johnny never banged someone in a crypt or on a relative's couch.

Johnny's not Sonny's level but his behavior tends towards the promiscuous. He pretended to have a relationship with Kristina, he flirted with Padilla (when she made it clear she wasn't interested), I think he did have sex with Lisa Niles, he kissed Brook, he made out with Maxie while he was dating Lulu, and his behavior with Connie was skeevy. Towards the tail end of his run Johnny was definitely tested with a lot of the newbies.

• Love 1

Same. When Anna told Dante to close the door I was like ooooh she wants a quckie! Free Dante! Dante/Anna forever!

Much as I can't stand Lante--the Lulu component, that is--don't Lulu and Dante have one frozen embryo still? If they divorced, who would get custody?

While I miss the old Johnny, and hope that now that he's on the outside we'll start to see signs of that Johnny start to come back to the surface, the change in his character makes perfect sense.  He's been in prison for the last two years.  He's had to change, he's had to fight to take power or be the punching bag and so he stepped up and became the big man and that changes a person.   So by killing his father/grandfather, he became the man Anthony always wanted him to be in many ways.  How BB is playing Johnny, I'm seeing shades of how Bruce Weitz (Anthony) played Anthony--who, of course, Johnny despised and never wanted to be.  I don't know, of course, that this is what RC intended, but it's what I see in BB's performance because he's that good.   Hopefully, we do see the real Johnny begin to break through though.   We'll see.

I wasn't closely watching GH when Johnny's story was on, so I am clueless about where he fits in PC or even with Lulu, the Baby Nut. (Will Lulu's baby rabies settle down or disappear if she hooks up with Johnny instead of Dante?) But it strikes me that maybe Ron is grudgingly moving away from a Sonny-centered, mobbed-up GH to a Johnny-centered, mobbed-up GH so that he can still have lots of Sonny on the show but keep Johnny as the lightning rod for dastardly mob actions. Presto! Sonny is then a sympathetic character and here-we-go-again back to a Sonny-centered universe where we feel his man-pain.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

I still don't understand a single thing.

At this point in taping the writers may not have been sure where they were going with this either. 

All I know is I've been watching since the womb and I had never heard of Pat before. I'm not sure I wanted to.

I don't recall a Pat either, but I was young and might not have caught it. 

I dont see how Olivia canbe galpals with someone who tried to hurt her son.

She fucked the guy who shot him in the chest. 

Johnny's not Sonny's level but his behavior tends towards the promiscuous. He pretended to have a relationship with Kristina, he flirted with Padilla (when she made it clear she wasn't interested), I think he did have sex with Lisa Niles, he kissed Brook, he made out with Maxie while he was dating Lulu, and his behavior with Connie was skeevy. Towards the tail end of his run Johnny was definitely tested with a lot of the newbies.

And he had chemistry with all of them! BB is good at what he does. 

• Love 3

Maybe Fluke is really Casey the alien from the planet Lumina? 

Non-Spoiler Speculation Board Title du Jour!

RC wants to keep all his options open until the last moment possible, so he can say "Fluke is Bill Eckert" without saying it, but keep the possibility that it's a transgender Patricia (interesting idea.... in the hands of someone competent and acted by someone who won't go all "Dr. Janice Lester") or an unknown Spencer family member.

It would be interesting to have Fluke as Fight Club Luke, courtesy of Helena. It would be the culmination of the mind-control aspect from decades.

But I can't spend as much time and effort as I want to, because ultimately, RC will take whatever tied-up Luke craps out in his chair and use that for scripts.

• Love 4

If kissing and flirting, especially between two unattached people, constitute promiscuous behavior then I guess I'm a slut.

As for Lisa, I don't remember it but dont doubt that it happened. Still, unless either was in a committed relationship at the time, I see no problem.

I also don't remember him kissing Maxie while dating Lulu, but don't doubt that it happened, and ill concede that's shitty behavior, but still not slutty.

Now, as for Kannie, didnt she blackmailed and goade Johnny into it? Either way, he was with Carly at the time and knew Kannie had issues, so yeah that was extremely skeevy. But not slutty.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4
If kissing and flirting, especially between two unattached people, constitute promiscuous behavior then I guess I'm a slut.

I'm not judging, I just meant that he's flirtation and stuff. Sorry, wrong use of language. I meant "promiscuous" in a much lighter way. Like, as in a playboy.

and fyi, this is for everyone - I would never judge people in real life by the basis/way that I do characters. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I'm not judging, I just meant that he's flirtation and stuff. Sorry, wrong use of language. I meant "promiscuous" in a much lighter way. Like, as in a playboy.

and fyi, this is for everyone - I would never judge people in real life by the basis that I do characters.

Haha, no worries!

I'm pretty sure the fandom at large could debate for weeks whether Liz, Johnny, and a number of other characters are sluts or not. But I think everyone would agree that banging your son's girlfriend in the family crypt of a man you killed in cold blood is the epitome of slutty behavior.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

I don't care who it is. As long, as we find out soon and move on. It was an interesting story at the beginning but then it got got sidelined by Geary's back and too many red herons by RC that's it's almost torturous for us as its for Luke tied to a chair. The final straw for me yesterday was when I saw a jar of relish. I'm out!

• Love 3

Ron makes Guza's GH look good (then you go back and actually watch episodes of that time and realize, no, Guza pretty terrible in his own right).

Yes but then you realize that at least Guza was writing a soap, not a spoof of one moving from plot point to plot point. Yes Guza's "love in the time of war" was a horrible soap, that centered on mob violence and three awful characters whom we were suppose to love, but at least it was still a soap.  I am not sure what Ron is writing and since he is too cowardly to address the matter with those who tweet him we may never know,, but it is not a soap. The only soap it vaguely resembles is the old sit-com SOAP, and frankly that was better done and much much funnier thanks to its cast.

• Love 4

I can agree to disagree, though I stand by the idea that Ron is equally as misogynistic as Guza and that while in the Guza era we spent far too much time worship the unholy three, at ;least two of the three were legacy characters who had ties and roots to the show, and that by the end Sonny was also a firm, if sometimes unwelcome, part of GH History. The current unholy three of Dr. O, Franco and Nina have no roots or ties to  PC or GH history.

And as to recognizing the characters: I am sorry I do recognize this Anna has compared to the Anna of the 80's or early 90's., I do not recognize Mac or Robin or Scott or Lucy or Bobbie or for sure TRACY. Hell I don't even recognize Luke, and not just because of Fluke. Love him or hate him Luke was deep. Weather it was the rapist turned lover of the 80's or the devoted family man torn between life on the road and love of family of the 90's or even the drunk-driver of the 2000's Luke had depth. This....this soap is a spoof...sorry

• Love 6

Didn't realize that Johnny was on for that long. Compared to Sonny, he's nowhere near that level of the women he's been with. I was just curious to see if there were more than the ones he mentioned yesterday since I wasn't watching during the Claudia/Anthony era. Seems as if he's going to bring some angst to Lulu and Dante. I definitely saw some chemistry there.

At this point in taping the writers may not have been sure where they were going with this either. 

Oh, I have no doubt. 

Yes but then you realize that at least Guza was writing a soap, not a spoof of one ...

I somewhat agree with this. RC's GH is certainly more campy/spoof-y than Guza's. But I think RC thinks he's writing a soap and 'loves' soaps whereas Guza pretty clearly IMO looked down on soaps and actually wanted to be writing mob dramas on HBO or something. They both fucking suck. I like GH now about as much as I liked it when I watched Guza's GH. And I'm about as disgusted by Guza's love of disgusting men he tried to make into heroes as I am with RC's very obvious misogynistic views.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Whoever he is, Geary is absolutely chilling as Fluke. Love/hate TG or Luke, he's really bringing it. Major, major creepiness. That dead eyed, psychotic stare. *shudders*

Several years ago, when they did a Christmas show, (2007 maybe?) they did a "Christmas Carol" type show with Luke as "Scrooge". They definitely established in that show that PC is Luke's hometown, and that he at least spent his childhood/teen years there.

I had the same thought about Luke re: bathroom breaks. I do think the setting being the childhood home is significant. Something tragic/evil happened there. Fluke or someone bought the house under BE's name-and maybe have been planning this for years. They want Luke to remember something-which adds more fuel to the DID fire.

As I was watching yesterday, it reminded me of Laura's "exit" when she "remembered" she had killed Rick Webber  (wasn't that the set up?) when she went catatonic.

So yeah I can see this being TG's "out" story. He remembers having a horrible argument with his sister, accidentally killing her in the basement. Or he saw someone else do it. I do think there's SOMEONE buried in those walls. Michael chose that place, and I don't think it's just so they can rescue "Luke". I think it's because they'll find something-or someone-else.

You know, it's not all that farfetched that the original Mama Pasta/Celeste, Mama Eckert, had an affair with Tim Spencer and Bill is their half brother. I think if I remember correctly that it was hinted at the first time around that she and he had a past but it's been years ago.

Either way, if something tragic with the sister happened, I can buy the DID-it isn't actually farfetched. But then, it doesn't explain the comments about getting even with the people he/she is targeting.

Bill Eckert fits all of it. Patricia doesn't.

On another note, I guess we're supposed to assume the entire Q house only has one television? Oy.

Oh, and ETA: Carlos is dead sexy, greasy hair and all.

He is quickly becoming one of the highlights of this show-a real bright spot for me. Though considering the show currently, that may be an insult.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Yeah, TG is not his usual self here for me. He usually brings it in big stories but here, I don't know. Between the faux British accent he tries on for size at times, and his lack of energy, I'm not feeling it. But I think maybe his lack of energy is supposed to show Fluke's psychosis . . . it's not quite working for me though.

Carlos is kinda hot though. Yeah I don't know. I think it's the coat and his own energy. Still want him to wash his hair though.

• Love 3

It's interesting-the "good" or "bad" actor stances we all take. I am no expert on acting, I just know what moves me and makes me feel something, and what(or rather, who) doesn't.

I get the creeps from Fluke-so any reaction to me, anywhere close to what I think the show runners are going for, means the actor is doing his or her job.

Compare that to say, NLG-who to me is one of the flattest, most boring, and really, totally non talented actresses I've ever watched. I read accolades about her and honestly most of it makes me RME. Same with Genie Francis, who IMO is, and always has been, boring to watch, no matter what role.

So it really is about perspective and what we think goes into making a good performance.  YMMV 

• Love 1

@IWantCandy71

I really hope all of that is right. Regardless of who Fluke is, I don't see where the character of Luke goes from here. That said, the show needs to bring back Genie for a proper exit. Lucky is also needed but unfortunately JJ probably wouldn't be available for anything more than a few appearances so it will probably have to be a recast.

All that said, if Fluke truly is a split personality, I think the perfect exit would be Luke in a straight-jacket, drooling, and sitting in a wheelchair. He could be carted off by some orderly as Laura or Lucky, if either wasn't staying, vowing that Luke would finally get the help he needed. If it's good enough for Laura, it's good enough for Luke.

• Love 5

TG always did say he'd rather Luke ended his own life. I hate suicide, even in fiction. But if it's a split personality thing, I can see suicide by cop or something. Like, Luke choosing to die rather than Fluke taking over completely or whatever. If I were writing it though, I'd write it where someone close to him had to kill him.

And I just flat out disagree Laura or Lucky are needed to usher him off, especially if it's his death. For his funeral they can come back, but to usher him off? No. Neither have been an active part of his life for years, and the cast is so overblown already. There are several people on canvas who can fulfill that role. Although TBH, Luke Spencer doesn't need ushering off by anyone.

ETA that if Luke does die, can we get Joe Jr back please? Or the same actor as a lawyer working for ELQ as counsel?

RS and JE were great. In fact, at the time they were "coupled", they were the best couple GH had.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
But I think RC thinks he's writing a soap and 'loves' soaps...

Ron loves the over-the-top finale moments (LSD! weather machines! fake scars! masks, masks, masks!), the campy aspects, and the cat fights from soaps.  He doesn't love the romance, the family relationships, the career woman's or even just a non-sociopathic woman's point of view, or the social issue aspect.  That's all "boring" him.

His view on soaps is warped by his childhood memories. He reminds me of the creator of the Simpsons who, when asked about why Marge Simpsons' hair is so tall, explained that when he was a little boy and literally would look up at his mom, that's what her hair looked like to his perspective. I think Ron may have thought the entire Diana/Heather plot revolved around two iced teas on top of a lazy susan, instead of it being just the (albeit awesome!) one-episode conclusion of the storyline.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 12

I think TG is having good moments, but I've seen him be consistently excellent before. I think the surgery threw him tbh. I don't think it's age because ES from OLTL and JVD were consistently awesome. It's just dude might not feel great. But he's better now post surgery than before. Like the months before, I mean.

What I don't get is that if Luke has DID, how does this tie to Sonny, the mob, ELQ, and Michael? And why seek out Julian Jerome specifically? According to Julian, Fluke specifically sought him out and brought him to PC, saying he could pass as Luke Spencer. So ...... wtf?

• Love 1

Maybe the DID personality is who Luke would have been without ever meeting Laura? So he's basically a remorseless, unrepentant killer/mobster? Considering Luke's many, many breaks and absences from the show, it's not actually unbelievable that he had a few months where he met up with Julian as someone else. So, the Sonny thing, the ELQ thing, that's just about ambition and not personal. Not really.

But then there's him looking up to Heaven and swearing revenge. Then his defense of BE.

It doesn't really truly "work" either way, TBH. 2+2 does not equal 4. Not in this case.

• Love 2

Previews...Michael is asking Ned to reach out to someone, a female.  Could it be Jenny Eckert or Julia Barrett, both of whom have history with Ned?

Jenny would make sense considering he wants to buy the house.  It stands to reason that it belongs to Jenny now that Bill is dead...

I missed half the show yesterday since they decided to show CT's inauguration.  I am not at all upset about it.  Sounds like I missed more of the same.

I just want this Fluke thing to end sooner rather than later and I don't want the revelation/conclusion to the storyline to be really stupid. Is that too much ask for? Possibly. 

• Love 1

Well, I guess what Ned finds out if he contacts Jenny will put the "is he or isn't he" BE question to rest. Maybe? IDK. I don't think BE would hide his survival from his sister.

At least, old school Bill would not have.

I'm going to ask a really stupid question.

Why does everything lead back to Sonny Corinthos?

I wish I knew. The show hasn't been the same since.

• Love 3
Well, I guess what Ned finds out if he contacts Jenny will put the "is he or isn't he" BE question to rest. Maybe? IDK. I don't think BE would hide his survival from his sister.

At least, old school Bill would not have.

I don't think Ron gives a crap as to whether what he writes for a character today lines up with how that character was in the past.  Their established history has nothing on his plot of the day. 

• Love 3

Jenny would make sense considering he wants to buy the house.  It stands to reason that it belongs to Jenny now that Bill is dead...

I missed half the show yesterday since they decided to show CT's inauguration.  I am not at all upset about it.  Sounds like I missed more of the same.

I love how the show just skips over the other connection Ned shares to Jenny: his brother Dylan's father is married to her.  Ned could easily reach out to Dylan and ask his father to mention it to his wife.

• Love 3

While i like to see friendships, especially female friendships on the show, and Ron has definitely done a much better job at showing friendships in general, these two should not be friends anymore. Carly hired Brooklynn to break up Lante. I dont see how Olivia canbe galpals with someone who tried to hurt her son.

Olivia started having sex with Sonny at least a year after he SHOT and nearly killed their son, so chatting/being girlfriendy-ish with Carly would be no big deal to her. Though it might be awkward to chat with her crush Ned about the time his daughter Brook drugged her son Dante, and then tried to have sex with him. 

I love how the show just skips over the other connection Ned shares to Jenny: his brother Dylan's father is married to her.  Ned could easily reach out to Dylan and ask his father to mention it to his wife.

To be fair, why play a game of telephone with Dillon, Paul, and then Jenny if Ned knows and can just speak to Jenny directly.

• Love 1