Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I am going to go out on a limb and claim that Fluke is a brainwashed Luke and the conversations between the two are totally in his mind.

I just had a really horrible thought.  What if Ron C. is going with another split personality storyiine?  Is this going to be yet another retelling of Nikki Smith and Victoria Lord?  I know he's already done one of these with Konnie but repeating a storyline has never stopped him before.....

Oh god.....

I'm gonna start a drinking game for every time Carly still insists that Michael's father is Sonny. When whining to Jake-son the incompetent bartender she listed her grief and grudges. Among them is that Michael is estranged from his father. Since AJ is deceased, that's impossible; Carly is still trying to maintain with a straight face this lie about fatherhood and family. She's a classic narcissist, trying to shape the world and other people precisely to her own perception, a denier of reality.

When Jake-son pointed out that Carly actually escaped much of the heartache and danger that Franco would have brought into her life, Carly dismissed his points and wouldn't be grateful. 

She's so arrogant that I can't bear to watch her.

• Love 5

Samtrick is another couple I just can't bear. In the preview, she was all caught up in New Year's Eve spirit, begging Patty to make love to her. He still looks so much like Dagwood Bumstead to me, and shifty-eyed too like a triumphant weasel.

Another shameless weasel is Ned Ashton, arranging a hotel room and dangling the key in front of coven-mistress date Alexis.

Why weren't Monica and the Sleazy Judge at the Metro bash, representing the older generation?

And finally, if they're going to have more than half of the cast dancing at a cocktail party, give 'em a few dance lessons first so that they look confident when assuming the position and can slow-dance and sway properly to the rhythm without stepping on toes.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

At least there wasn't a story-related reason to haul out that stupid Franco-at-the-museum episode that we seemed to be subjected to every few months a few years ago. I guess they couldn't show that now anyway, since that was SB and actual Franco.

Happy New Year, all of us who are sucked into the vortex of GH.

My wishes for the New Year are :

1. Carly finely gets a clue that Sonny isn't all that.

2. Fluke or I really don't care who shoots Duke and kicks his body into the harbor.

3. Jakeson takes the Nina back with him to Genoa City and by doing so frees RFS to return to PC.

4. Dr. O is fired as COS and become Spenser's nanny and whips that boy into behaving like a normal 9 year old.

5. Patprick finally grows a brain and realizes that Robin, the love of his life is in danger.

6.Sonny while in prison takes a vow of celibacy and there will be no female pregnant with his spawn.

7. Shawn realizes that he is useless as a mob enforcer and finally takes the job at PCU as a chemistry lecturer.

8. Dante sides with Michael and takes both Sonny's empire and the Metrocourt away from Carly. Bonus points if Michael calls Jax and has Jax rescue poor Joss.

9. Morgan and Kiki both realize that the mooching isn't really getting them what they want and both get real jobs, Kiki in the hospital lab and Morgan as the relief bartender at the Floating Rib.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 5
You went to all this trouble to get Miller, GH, see who he sparks with and go for it!

Please, it's Ron. He has Jason's story mapped out for the next 18 months, and he won't stray from it.

Can't be cancer, Silas would have already detected it. Aplastic anemia it is!

Silas is a real boy now instead of a robot and has been distracted, but I take your point. Heh.

4. Dr. O is fired as COS and become Spenser's nanny and whips that boy into behaving like a normal 9 year old.

Given Ron's infatuation with the character, they'd probably become pals, and Dr. O would be the latest adult to bend to Spencer's will. 

• Love 2

I guess NuJasonJake will have to end up with Sam since she has a son with him, right? Of course, Sam & Patrick could really take off and could deter that storyline. I'm sure RC has it already mapped out (unfortunately) in his head who ends up with whom. Although, I was getting the impression that Miller was going to be paired with BH but now RH is back so I don't know who is landing with whom. It could be interesting if Carly did hook up long term with NuJasonJack since Sonny is in jail. Once, Sonny gets out of jail his head would explode to see Carly (the love of his life....puke...whatever) has moved on and then find outs that he's really Jason. Sonny's head could double explode after that revelation.

I don't see Sonny being upset that Carly is with Jason. Jealous, maybe, but Sonny usually hates on Carly's men because they're his rivals—Alcazar, Jax, even Franco to a degree. (Franco was a rival for Sonny's affection for Jason, heh.) Jason never has been.

I have some New Year wishes:

- No pregnancies. Everyone enjoys the babies they have.

- We see Aiden again. He's an adorable scamp. This is because Cam goes to Disney and comes back a teenager. Spencer goes to Italy and returns a teen. Emma goes to the um sleepover. She's a teen. Joss goes with her dad. Jax is pissed. She may come back later as a teen. And by teen I mean 13-14. Not 20-30 year old playing a teen.

- Jordan gets away from Shawn and we learn more about her. She's Keesha Ward.

- AJ is alive in a weird pod somewhere. When Jason learns about who he is, he is conflicted. He also hates what he's done. Helena offers him a chance to make up for his mistakes by bringing his brother back, if he does one thing for her. She wants a weird incubator for the Stavros embryo. Robin pleads with him not to, so he listens. She also insists she can save AJ. Jason says AJ wouldn't want her to sacrifice so much for him. Close up shot, an arm with a blurred face, the arm is twitching.

- Johnny gets out of prison thanks to a weird deal made by Fluke. Fluke thinks he can control him, but he's wrong. Johnny works with Julian to take Fluke down. They're surprised when they learn he's a brainwashed Luke. Johnny literally is like fuck this town. He swears he's never dealing with old men again. They continue to let Duke have tea parties, though they have all the power.

- Jason holds all the cards for Sonny getting out, as he knows AJ is alive. He's not sure, but he wants Sonny to pay. Jason wants to turn himself in, but Robin talks him out of it.

- Sonny gets to the mental hospital

• Love 3

for me, Sonny is/was the lesser evil than Jason :)

Same. I'll always hate Jason more than Sonny. At least there are some people who see Sonny for what he is. Is there a single person on the show who doesn't think Jason is the greatest man alive?

I just had a really horrible thought.  What if Ron C. is going with another split personality storyiine?  Is this going to be yet another retelling of Nikki Smith and Victoria Lord?  I know he's already done one of these with Konnie but repeating a storyline has never stopped him before.....

Oh god.....

I remember someone here speculating that it was gonna be Luke with another personality. I think since it's RC and he a) loves DID stories and b) loves doing the same thing over and over, it's a really good possibility. I think I prefer that to it being Bill, at least.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I remember someone here speculating that it was gonna be Luke with another personality. I think since it's RC and he a) loves DID stories and b) loves doing the same thing over and over, it's a really good possibility. I think I prefer that to it being Bill, at least.

I actually think it'd be really cool if Evil Lewq was the real un-brainwashed deal and the Lewq being held prisoner was actually Bill that the real Lewq had used as a patsy and purposely made him think he was Lewq years ago for reasons or whatever.

• Love 3

Pretty sure Ric detests Jason, so that's two.

More reason to enjoy Ric! I will say about Ric though, I found it kinda annoying he was so flippant about Carly's reaction to him at the NYE party. Like, Ric, Carly sucks, I get that, but you did lock her in a panic room with the intent to steal her baby, so maybe tone down your annoyance at her rightful anger, buddy. And honestly Carly doesn't seem as angry at the presence of Ric as she really should be.

I actually think it'd be really cool if Evil Lewq was the real un-brainwashed deal and the Lewq being held prisoner was actually Bill that the real Lewq had used as a patsy and purposely made him think he was Lewq years ago for reasons or whatever.

I like this idea. I mean, as much as I like any way this story can go. I'm super duper over it. Actually, I don't think I was ever under it. END IT PLEASE!

• Love 5
I found it kinda annoying he was so flippant about Carly's reaction to him at the NYE party.

I didn't think he was flippant. Ric knows Carly hates him, so why argue the point? It's not as if he were Sonny, exasperated that she hadn't put things behind her. Ric didn't want to argue with her at the party. I think Carly also didn't want to argue with Ric, but she's not going to let an opportunity to sneer at him go by, either. 

I thought both of them handled things pretty well, considering it's Carly and Ric. The panic room was a long time ago, but neither of them was trying to pretend it didn't happen.

• Love 4

And not to bring up even more old stuff, Sonny, but given that Carly never brings up the time she got shot in the head either, I don't think it's entirely out of character for her to not mention the panic room every time she sees Ric.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 6

I could go with this if it were complicated...but Ron does not do complicated well. To me if Fluke is Luke with DID the breakdown began the day he slapped Lucky after Jake's Death. In that moment Luke, who had tried for years to be a better man and a better father than Tim Spencer became in his mind exactly like Tim. In fact that is who Fluke thinks he is Tim Spencer. Luke's break down and DID continued though his retreat to the whore house where he told Lucky killing Jake was liberating and right up until he "killed" Helena, thus freeing himself of all of Luke Spencer's obligations to both family and foes.

This could be a real pivotal moment for Luke as well as for TG and the fans, is Luke the man that Tony Geary wants him to be, the one who was always dark, tormented and never a good father or faithful husband, in short Tim Spencer (not Bill Echert) or is he the man we the fans have seen for thirty years, one capable of great harm and evil but also the one passionately in love with Laura, a faithful friend to Robert and a Great Father (just look ta old nurses ball clips) to Lucky (not so much Lulu)  

Who is Luke Spencer, Done right would not only win Geary another Emmy, but ER one for Lulu as well as she comes to grips with the fact that for most of her life her father has not always been the man that was also Lucky's father and JE as well as Tracy deals with the fact that the Luke she loves is "Tim Spencer" and that the "real Luke" always has and always will love Laura. Heck the whole show could win.

yeah never going to happen...Ron does not have the talent to pull it off. Strangely enough Guza did...how sad is that

• Love 15

And honestly Carly doesn't seem as angry at the presence of Ric as she really should be.

This is Ron's Carly who fucks serial killers who terrorize her family and friends and get her son raped. We should probably be thankful that Ron didn't have her going for a quickie with Ric at the stroke of midnight.

Edited by magnolia11
  • Love 4

To be fair to Ron, I don't think Guza could handle that "Tim Spencer" storyline either. Too nuanced for him. In fact, although I don't watch the other soaps, from what I read around the net as to what's going on, I don't think that there is anyone out there that would be able to wring out this story and make it really hit not just as a seminal GH story, but as a seminal genre story. It would mean at least months of follow up and, if the soap was still on for that long, would provide years of story. Sadly, I don't think anyone has the guts to really tell that story in all its messy ramifications. Because, at the heart of it all, Tony Geary is the Susan Lucci of this show and Luke can be evil, as long as he's not the "real' Luke (even if the real Luke is a rapist and a criminal/murderer/ thief, etc .. but the public doesn't want to see those things, it wants to see a charming rouge who gets into trouble once in awhile... and don't get me started at the GREAT hypocrisy of the Qs, especially Tracy calling AJ out on his alcholism all the while enabling Luke who killed a child while under the influence and as far as I know, has never stepped a foot into an AA meeting or admited he has a problem- granted I stopped watching for a few years during that time so I'm not 100% what the fallout was following the intervention... . Yeah, AJ kidnapped three children but Luke ran one down with his car).

• Love 3

Given all the matches and mismatches put together at the Metro New Year's Eve party, wouldn't it be delicious if the fire alarms went off about 4:30 AM and everyone had to do a walk of shame out into the lobby?

And given the eww skeeviness of Patrick's drooling over the prospect of getting Sam into bed, I wish he'd peel off a Patrick mask and be revealed as False Luke. 

• Love 1

Given all the matches and mismatches put together at the Metro New Year's Eve party, wouldn't it be delicious if the fire alarms went off about 4:30 AM and everyone had to do a walk of shame out into the lobby?

And given the eww skeeviness of Patrick's drooling over the prospect of getting Sam into bed, I wish he'd peel off a Patrick mask and be revealed as False Luke.

More rape? Ew, no thank you. It's bad enough that it continues to happen to Tracy, I don't want to see it happen to anyone else.

• Love 4
yeah never going to happen...Ron does not have the talent to pull it off.

Ron does have the talent to pull it off.  It's just that it would be a bitter pill for him to swallow because the storyline would not involve his three pets from one-life-to-live, Nina, Franco, or Jason.

especially Tracy calling AJ out on his alcholism

That's just Tracy being Tracy. Tracy not figuring out that the hand that she's been holding does not belong to the Luke that she has known for years - only a DID story would fit.  But hey, who cares about the fact that she has been sleeping with an imposter or that she has feelings?  Not Ron.  Too bad Jane Elliot can't break out into song in some Germanic dialect.  By putting Dr. O as COS at GH and having Monica report to her while Robin is being held against her will pretty much shows how much Ron cares about the hospital and the Quartermaines.  [Why bring up the crypt scene which MB has submitted to be considered for his emmy -  unless to raise the blood pressure.]

• Love 1

I would like Ric/Liz if I didn't dislike Ric.

I feel the same exact way, except replace Ric with Liz.

My very UO for the NYE episode appears to be that I liked Lulu's dress. I thought it looked good on her. And I liked them pigging out on the food. But I see no chemistry between DZ and ER, except maybe brother/sister type chemistry. Maybe the problem is that DZ can be sexy, and ER to me is just never sexy. She's too maternal IMO.

Definitely liked the welcome aboard line the best. Got so freaking tired of the endless Naxie goofball saga. Otherwise, I'm just bored. I miss Maura.

• Love 1

To be fair to Ron, I don't think Guza could handle that "Tim Spencer" storyline either. Too nuanced for him. In fact, although I don't watch the other soaps, from what I read around the net as to what's going on, I don't think that there is anyone out there that would be able to wring out this story and make it really hit not just as a seminal GH story, but as a seminal genre story. It would mean at least months of follow up and, if the soap was still on for that long, would provide years of story. Sadly, I don't think anyone has the guts to really tell that story in all its messy ramifications. Because, at the heart of it all, Tony Geary is the Susan Lucci of this show and Luke can be evil, as long as he's not the "real' Luke (even if the real Luke is a rapist and a criminal/murderer/ thief, etc .. but the public doesn't want to see those things, it wants to see a charming rouge who gets into trouble once in awhile... and don't get me started at the GREAT hypocrisy of the Qs, especially Tracy calling AJ out on his alcholism all the while enabling Luke who killed a child while under the influence and as far as I know, has never stepped a foot into an AA meeting or admited he has a problem- granted I stopped watching for a few years during that time so I'm not 100% what the fallout was following the intervention... . Yeah, AJ kidnapped three children but Luke ran one down with his car).

Aj kidnapped two children, one was his and that wasn't kidnapping. Remember who took AJ's child Alexis and carley and Sonny so he just gave them a little Karma. What comes around, goes around. He gave the other two back, and when he realized he was to late trying to get mykill to see exactly what his kidnapper was. he returned him. For that his family gave mykill back ,and he was crippled by his wounderful brother. AJ never got a break. he drank, oh send him to hell !.FrankenRon are nothing if not retreaded Guza and the unholy three.

Edited by testardo
  • Love 4

That's just Tracy being Tracy. Tracy not figuring out that the hand that she's been holding does not belong to the Luke that she has known for years - only a DID story would fit.  But hey, who cares about the fact that she has been sleeping with an imposter or that she has feelings?  Not Ron.  Too bad Jane Elliot can't break out into song in some Germanic dialect.  By putting Dr. O as COS at GH and having Monica report to her while Robin is being held against her will pretty much shows how much Ron cares about the hospital and the Quartermaines.  [Why bring up the crypt scene which MB has submitted to be considered for his emmy -  unless to raise the blood pressure.]

Wow.  I realize that daytime Emmys are a joke these days, but MB is as delusional as Ron and that ass-kissing blogger (Fairman?) if he thinks that disgusting display is even worthy of one of them.

[Why bring up the crypt scene which MB has submitted to be considered for his emmy -  unless to raise the blood pressure.]

Why would anyone submit those scenes for an Emmy? It's not like there was any good acting going on, all I saw was two nasty pathetic scumbags rutting like farm animals in a crypt.

If MB gets nominated based on that sex scene - there are no words.

He should have submitted scenes with Michael and when he was being haunted by AJ.

• Love 2

I'm sure he's not nominating the actual sex scene, obviously it would be the discussion leading up to it. And I don't think his performance was anything great, but Maura's was flawless.

While the crypt sex was deplorable, I do think the scene leading into it was fantastic on both Maura and Maurice's parts. I could see why it'd be considered Emmy-worthy. The combined self-loathing was off the charts.

• Love 1

The Maxie Nathan passing ships story must be for the tweens.  Can't think of anyone else that would find it compelling or interesting.

Saw the actor that plays Nathan on Extra or some such show on NBC.  He was the one doing the interviewing and he didn't suck.  Go figure.

Julian and Olivia had a little chemistry there.  I do need him to start killing people though.

Thought Anna maybe kissed Sloan to compromise his integrity.  Knock a little mud on his goody two shoes routine.

Lots of making out at NYE.  What happens on VDay?

• Love 1

More rape? Ew, no thank you. It's bad enough that it continues to happen to Tracy, I don't want to see it happen to anyone else.

I loathe that Patty is going to prevail and get his prize. Just another notch in his lab coat, and a new Robin/mommy substitute for Emma to adjust to.

I didn't mean that after they were finished he would peel off the mask. I'm not in favor of rape at all. If Sam is finally going to give in foolishly, buying Patrick's usual douche line and falling for his usual egotistical "What can I get out of her" game, I want to see her shocked somehow at Patrick and recoil from him. Sam is pretty hard to shock I think--after seeing her in those sex scenes in Silas's office--so it would have to be something completely out of the blue.

But that's not likely to happen, so I'm steeling myself for the inevitable.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Why would anyone submit those scenes for an Emmy? It's not like there was any good acting going on, all I saw was two nasty pathetic scumbags rutting like farm animals in a crypt.

With that said, I wonder if LW will be submitting this year, because it would be perversely hilarious if she submitted the scenes where Carly and Sonny befouled Michael's apartment.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer

With that said, I wonder if LW will be submitting this year, because it would be perversely hilarious if she submitted the scenes where Carly and Sonny befouled Michael's apartment.

She should really submit the HalloWedding scenes.  LW just nailed those scenes.

Actually, if anybody who is one of TPTB has a brain, they would submit the HalloWedding and aftermath scenes for consideration in the Best Show, Best Writing, and Best Directing categories.  They would have a real shot at winning if they did that.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 3

I loathe that Patty is going to prevail and get his prize.

And he will. That's what happens when you have a head writer who doesn't think Patrick is doing anything wrong (he's moving on, after all!) and claims that most of the audience accepts him with Sam now.

And he will. That's what happens when you have a head writer who doesn't think Patrick is doing anything wrong (he's moving on, after all!) and claims that most of the audience accepts him with Sam now.

Patrick could screw the whole cast (male and female) for all I care. I just want Robin free and happy (for real) off screen.

• Love 3

She should really submit the HalloWedding scenes.  LW just nailed those scenes.

Actually, if anybody who is one of TPTB has a brain, they would submit the HalloWedding and aftermath scenes for consideration in the Best show, Best Writing, and Best Directing categories.  They would have a real shot at winning if they did that.

Hey maybe they'll learn from their Nurses Ball submission boo boo of 2014 and actually pick something good! There isn't much good to choose from which should make the process that much easier!

It still cracks me up that they submitted the Nurses Ball for Emmy consideration. Not that the big events can't be suitable for that, but Ron gets so campy during the NB that it undercuts anything he might be trying to say.

• Love 2

Are we going to have a new show today or same old, same old?  My machine didn't tape yesterday, so I assume there was nothing on, and the day before was a rerun.  Don't want to miss it today if it's new.

Are we going to have a new show today or same old, same old? My machine didn't tape yesterday, so I assume there was nothing on, and the day before was a rerun. Don't want to miss it today if it's new.

PCU defeated Beecher's Corner College in a stunning upset in the Corinthos Coffee Bowl.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 14

It could be interesting if Carly did hook up long term with NuJasonJack since Sonny is in jail. Once, Sonny gets out of jail his head would explode to see Carly (the love of his life....puke...whatever) has moved on and then find outs that he's really Jason. Sonny's head could double explode after that revelation.

My head could triple explode if they have Billy Miller contaminated with that toxic trash - Carly.  I have really tried to like this character, and admit she is a good actress, but she and Sonny are just so much garbage.  I don't like the mob stuff, but actually find Julian not disgusting, and Ric is kinda cute.  Of course, Fluke is just not there, as far as I'm concerned FF-FF-FF.  It's just Sonny, Carly and Shawn that are so disgusting, and I can't believe they are dragging Jordan into this dung pile.  She was kinda classy, and I hate her with Shawn.  The only saving grace for them would be for Shawn to turn out to be undercover, too. JMO

• Love 2

Actually I think Jason bought the house for her, or she bought it and Jason paid off the mortgage and gave her some extra money that she lost on a bad stock deal, as a good gesture after having Jake.

She probably invested in those ELQ condoms.  

• Love 3

I do.  I can't wait for KMc's intermittent returns, and I don't think it's fair that Patrick get put on the back burner and worked into storylines to accommodate KMc.  I loved Patrick and Robin together, but since KMc does not want to be on the show long-term, I don't think it's fair to blame Patrick because he's not sitting around pining over Robin and wringing his hands.  I'm not looking forward to Robin's return either because it's going to be temporary.  Then Patrick is going to feel guilty, Robin is going to leave again, and then what?  It's horrible writing all the way around.  Robin should have stayed dead unless and until KMc was going to return full-time.  jmo.  No matter how this story gets written, Robin comes off as the victim and Patrick as the bad guy even though Patrick did try to help her and be understanding and Robin was lying throughout most of it.  Yes, she was trying to help Jason, but she never had to go help Jason.  She could have told her parents or Nikolas, and considering we now have pod-Jason on the show, he should have just stayed dead too.  It's bad all the way around, and I don't see it getting any better once she's back for a brief visit and then gone again.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 9