Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Helena spent over a year being frozen, winter in Port Charles (where women can run around in sleeveless dresses) probably feels like summer in Caprice to her.

Ah, Frozen. I hope TPTB don't read these boards. Next, Helena will break out into "Let it Go" at the Nurse's Ball.

Helena IS an Ice Queen, after all.

Oh, and Sonny in reference to Ric. I don't mind them becoming real brothers, but I agree with some in that thus far, they have not been. So any emotional reaction on Sonny's part is kind of flat for now.

Then again, if Sonny and Ric WERE close before Ric's "death", it doesn't have the same impact that Sonny wants to help. It's far more interesting that they were not close, but Sonny regrets it and wants it to change(I guess?) and is willing to help Ric. Sonny doing it for someone he already openly loves is predictable and not all that compelling, TBH.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Carly: Gee, Michael, Can't you just let this go?  (Like she kicked his puppy instead of covering up a murder).

Michael: No.  (Thus far he's been able remain strong, but sadly it's only a matter of time before he forgives his murdering 'father' and enabling mother.  'Cause, you know, Sonny is so noble and Carly meant well). 

But I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

• Love 6

NutmegsDad, Ellie and Spinelli moved to Portland, OR. I remember because I didn't want Spinelli infecting my home town (yes, I do realize he's a fictional character but the sentiment stands).

I feel your pain. I live in New Orleans. One of Ron's first acts was to send Borg, Shawn, and McBain to New Orleans to track Joe Scully III or Jr down for Sonny. I was afraid even fictional bullets would hit us. One cannot be careful enough with Borg and Shawn.

*Shawn may not have come, but I remember the antique shop looked nothing like that. No shop in New Orleans looks like that.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed much of today's episode.

Loved Michael tossing out Morgan and Kiki (mostly Kiki), and I had to laugh at how indignant they both got over it.  "What? We can't mooch off of you anymore?  You're such an ass, Michael."  Kiki, as always, had a backup person to freeload off of.  "Don't worry Morgan, we'll move in with my Dad."  Michael was actually quite civil with all three of them today.  He even said he would pay their rent if the baby had no other place to go, but Morgan and Kiki have no shortage of places they can live for nothing (Carly, Sonny's, Ava's, Silas, etc.  I guess the concept of actually finding work never occurs to them.

Loved Sam getting in Jake's face today.  I still can't get into BM playing the role.  He can't seem to meet people's eyes when he talks and as a result, he looks intimidated rather than intimidating.  Sam really held her own and didn't back down.  I loved her today, and I was happy that she forgave Patrick.   I like those two together.  

Nathan and Maxie were cute today, and I hope that Nathan decides to go after the Judge because he is abusing his power.  You know Olbrecht will get involved even if Nathan doesn't want her involved, but she'll play dirty, which will be fun.

• Love 6

To that end, did anyone else notice Sonny's throwaway line today about not being happy how the baby was found? I took it to mean that he still wishes he could have killed Ava. Good old Sonny. Not sorry for what he did or wanted to do; just sorry he got caught.

I can't remember the exact line, but it was something about how Ava being caught and thrown in jail wasn't his first choice of how to handle the situation, but it was acceptable for now. And, yep, he's already in jail for killing one person, and instead of maybe realizing that killing is bad or having some remorse, he's just pissed he didn't get one more kill under his belt before getting locked up.  

It seems like that's exactly what they thought.

I am really upset Michael didn't offer anyone a free -infested- couch.  Love, love, love, Michael calling out the fact that Carly's okay with lying to Michael, she just doesn't want to stay away from Sonny.

Maybe it's because I only know of the Panic Room story, didn't see it, but I don't think Ric is bad enough to deserve having Shawn sent to save him. I hope he stole of bullet proof vest from wittness protection.

"To show I'm not completely heartless, here, you can have my couch."  

And I just envision the mob flunkies who are holding Ric laughing hysterically when Shawn shows up waving a gun and threatening to shoot them if they don't hand over Ric.  "We've heard all about you, go ahead and shoot us.  Give it a try." 

I had a moment of fear, when Silas told Ava that Carly was helping out, that she'd follow up "hateful bitch" with "but she's a good mother."  So glad to see she didn't endorse Carly's parenting so much as acknowledge that she has, in fact, parented.  

And Lord, seeing the baby in the clutches of that beast Cujo?  I think I'd rather see the kid with Nina and Franco again.  

Loved Ava and Sonny both being like "oh, crap, those two are taking care of the kid?  They can barely remember to breathe, how can they take care of a baby?"  

Those Sam/Jason scenes were weird.  Everything seemed off - the writing, the direction, the staging, and the performances from both KeMo and BM.  Just weird to terrible all the way around.  

Edited to add - was I the only one who thought those scenes about the DNA test being run through Carly were overly detailed to the point that they have to be setting up something?   The way they emphasized "If Carly isn't related to the baby then Sonny is the father," made me think something wonky is coming up.  Morgan switched at birth? 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 6

Who will they move into the Brownstone now that the moochers were forced out? IMO, it needs to be a mixture of people.

Also, can someone get Michael's apartment?

Continuing to have thoughts like this are why I haven't completely quit this FAKATA show.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3

Maybe Maxie can get it to raise her kid, should she ever see her.

Nina could get it since she's obviously going no where.

Or Micheal remembers Johnny did not want him in the mob and rents it to him when Johnny gets paroled for um being hot? (Ava was a temporary role! )

Or Hooper the Boat Captain rents it. Lucas could always get a damned job and rent it. Rosalie could rent it.

Tracy will probably end up there though as it is Quartermaine property.

• Love 2

Michael really should have told Morgan, Kiki and Carly to f off. They are all terrible.  Seriously did Carly want a cookie when she told Michael about Sonny wanting to cut her off because of Michael?  Michael should never forgive her just because she is being a straight up bitch to him.

What did they think was going to happen with the brownstone?  Why renovate it if they were just going to have people live there for free?

And none of them have the awareness that they are staying in the property owned by the family of the man's murder they all lied about.

Honestly some self-awareness would go a long way.  

• Love 9

re: the Brownstone - who needs a home? for one, Nathan  - where is he living now? Maybe Lucas could get a job (at the hospital) and then move out of Carly's home and into the Brownstone... didn't he live there as a child?

Have we lost Rosalie? Not that I care much but she's sort of vanished. What about Felix? is he still on this show?

Finally - I'm hoping that through some contrivance, Sonny is the father and Michael will get custody of Giant Baby, forcing Sonny and Ava to sign away their parental rights. It would kind of be poetic for both of them - for AJs son to raise their child. BTW I like cold/mean/matter of fact  Michael. More of that please!

• Love 1

If Tracy has the option of living in the Q mansion, she wouldn't choose the Brownstone. It's too bad, because perhaps my favorite version of Tracy Q was the version on The City. She and a bunch of others lived in an apartment building together, getting into one another's business. That was probably the most well rounded the character has ever been, but most importantly, she was actually allowed to have friends and a POV without a man. Tracy with Alex, Zoey, and Jacob, and tangling with step daughter Carla(who is probably Rosalie's mother, but I digress). Awesome moments. Who would imagine Tracy Q being BFF's with a bartender and a punk goth chic with a nose ring? 

It was glorious, and I wish that I hadn't gotten rid of all my old tapes of that show. Such a dramatic difference in her character's layers, between then and now. And couldn't you just see Tracy butting her nose into Morgan and Maxie's business?

Ah well. I suppose that's what fan fic is for......

Well, Im guessing Dante and Lulu need a bigger place. Or Nathan - since he can't live with Maxie. I think his "lease" is up later this month. She sublet to him in December. 

Maybe Anna could finally move out of the MetroCourt. 

I will say the actor playing Nathan is getting better. He's got a real comfort level with KSt. 

And all I can say is, if Jakeson is having memories already, Helena is going to be busy slitting throats. It's so hard to get good flunkies these days. The things you have to do to brainwash your back from the dead super soldier.. Hardly seems worth the trouble.

• Love 7

It really creeps me out that I like Sabrina now after spending so much time hating on the character and the actress.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I've found myself liking Sabrina the past few times she's been on. It's so unsettling.

Michael remains a bright, beautiful star. Hate these bitches forever, Michael! Morgan was being such a little shit. It's as if he can't understand at all why Michael is mad at him/Kiki/Carly/Sonny. And Carly is just insane. I'm with ulkis, it's like she doesn't even want him to forgive her or something. 

I would LOVE to see Lucas and Nathan move to the brownstone. I want them in scenes together ASAP! I wouldn't mind seeing Rosalie there either. Or even Lulu/Dante. Also, Johnny should get released from prison because of reasons and then he can live there, too.

I still don't give a shit about Jakeson and hate this story, but I much preferred him today than when he's being all schmoopy with Liz.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I still feel that the baby would be better off with Julian and Silas sharing custody.

Silas has a medical degree so the kid will have every sniffle diagnosed, apparently he has a nose like a bloodhound, and Julian is a BAMF when allowed so she'll learn how to not take shit from anyone. 

Honestly those prison door bars are wide enough for two Avas' to squeeze through. They may as well be revolving doors for how secure they appear to be. 

Patrick traded "that baby" with "son", how big of him. Good lord I wanted his and Sabrina's table attacked by rabid dogs. Plus he can't keep from whining about Sam forgiving him or not, dear lord can't someone choke him with his own snake's tongue already?

And did he really comment about what he and Sam "could" be...? While Sam was busy cranking up the waterworks for no good reason? Great, how fantastic. Throw the goddamn confetti.

The only reason I paid any attention to the brownstone scenes was due to that bundle of cuteness chowing down. She needs a name though people, honestly just call her "Grace" or whatever and get it over with.

Why wouldn't Morgan and Kiki want to move in with Carly at this point to begin with? Her house is a mansion, she has staff I would assume, why are they acting as if she's in a one bedroom apartment across from Kelly's?

Or at the very least why wouldn't she just put them up herself in their own place to care for the baby. Carly has money and Morgan is her son why wouldn't she bother to help him out with rent? Especially if the kid is in fact her granddaughter, ffs...

The stupid...how it burns.

Well Jake may not remember being "Jason" but he certainly can play the smug ass just fine when he wants. I wanted Sam to knee him in his overconfident, smirking crotch.

It just gets worse and worse as it goes along.

Maxie and Nathan bore me to tears. I see no spark between them, not even the beginning of one. I don't care if the judge is "keeping them apart", the sheer fact that they're a boring ass couple is reason enough.

Shawn and Sonny shooting the business breeze...where's a drone when you need one.

I would comment on Sabrina's "remorse and guilt tour" but there was never a doubt in my mind that Ron would make sure everyone gave her, his perfect pet, a pass, including Ava.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

If I got to choose I would much rather send off, say, Kiki than Sabrina. But since she's the only one with a chance of being pushed out I'm ready for Sabrina to go. I don't hate her but any of the chaff on the show has got to go.

• Love 2
And Carly is just insane. I'm with ulkis, it's like she doesn't even want him to forgive her or something.

Carly has her back up with Michael IMO.  I think at this point to seek Michael's forgiveness would mean admitting she was wrong and to Carly it would be seen as losing.  I really think Carly is in a stand off with Michael and she refuses to give in.  

• Love 10

If I got to choose I would much rather send off, say, Kiki than Sabrina. But since she's the only one with a chance of being pushed out I'm ready for Sabrina to go. I don't hate her but any of the chaff on the show has got to go.

Don't forget Felix, they are a pair of "besties" after all, where one goes so must the other! (fingers crossed...)

Carly has her back up with Michael IMO.  I think at this point to seek Michael's forgiveness would mean admitting she was wrong and to Carly it would be seen as losing.  I really think Carly is in a stand off with Michael and she refuses to give in.  

Carly is convinced that all she must do is wait Michael out, he will eventually "come to his senses" in her head. It's just who she is. Carly does not concede, she never loses, she never has to be the one who folds and gives in and she certainly has no intention of staring now.

In Carly's head, imo, Michael is hers, he belongs to her, she's always viewed him as her ultimate possession and weapon.

She claims to "love" him but truthfully she loves only herself. She always has and always will frankly. Michael is just an extension of Carly according to how she sees him, which is why she's so sure he'll eventually forgive and forget because he could never, ever stay so mad at her forever and always.

In her ever twisted mind he needs her and sooner than later he will again realize that and everything will go back to the way it was before.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

And all I can say is, if Jakeson is having memories already

I think he's only remembering what he saw on the news.  He was seeing it from the point of view of the footage and not from the point of view of the person who grabbed Sam

If anyone deserves a bigger place to stay it's Lante.  They've suffered long enough in that tiny little hole in the wall.  Plus, Michael doesn't have problems with either of them. .  

Sonny is the father and Michael will get custody of Giant Baby,

I know this is just a thing, but there's no reason MIchael would get custody.  Kiki is already established as the next of kin for Ava, and Sonny's next of kin would be his biological sons (Morgan and Dante) and not the one he stole who's renounced him.  

• Love 2
I could go for Lucas/Brad...living in the Brownstone

Me too, hell I could just go for them doing anything onscreen.

I can't believe how much I'd love to see them together again. I am hoping they'll have some special, intimate Christmas scenes, maybe decorating a tree together or Brad's place which of course leads to some messing around underneath a bit of mistletoe.

Maybe Lucas could dress up as Santa for the kids at the hospital with Brad as his helper elf, heh, my mind is filled with ideas. I'd just like to see them being coupley and sweet. They'd help to buffer against the awful couples I have to suffer through on a regular basis.

• Love 7
Honestly RC has turned me aganist baby stories.I remeber the days of soaps where the show would go a couple years without babies.

And decades between killing babies!

But a rape approximately every other month.

Things weren't always better in the days of yore.

I wanted to high five Michael when he evicted Morgan and Kiki from the brownstone.  He should look into buying the MetroCourt out from under Carly next.

Ever since he turned against Sonny, it's like every time Michael comes on screen he does something awesome.  Loved the horror-stricken look on Morgan's and Kiki's faces when they realized they may have to - GASP! - get jobs

Oh, how I wished when Carly delivered her "Oh, when are you going to let go of your anger?" line, that Michael would have replied, "When I get my father, A.J., back."  

A close second to the awesomeness of Michael today was Silas.  He is really shaping up to be the next Mac, a decent, compassionate guy who tries to help people instead of shooting them.  He looked in on Nina AND Ava today!  {{{{{{{{{{Silas!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}

Finally, I am so pleased to see how much BM has improved the role of Jason.  It was such a pleasure watching somebody who could actually put over an emotion and deliver lines believably and with conviction.  I kept thinking of how his scenes would have gone down with SBu in the role:

SAM:  "I don't care how much you protest your innocence, I know it was you!!!"

JASON:  ::Looks constipated::

Later, Jason tries to remember if it really was him that grabbed Sam.

We've finally gotten a real actor playing the role.  PRAISE JAYSUS!!!!

• Love 2

Re: The Brownstone, I would love to see Lucas, Rosalie, Jordan Nathan, and Anna all move in with the first two also getting jobs at the hospital so we'd have two medical people and three law enforcement people mixing it up.

As far as Lante, I'd settle for a throw away line that they moved into another unit with more (off-screen) bedrooms in the same building. Just change the current set where the bed currently is to maybe a play area for the baby.

You're so mean to my poor Morgan Tiger. :p I bet he's won several spelling bees! In kindergarten. Maybe.

Admit it, Cappy probably can't even spell "bee". I keed, I keed.

Seriously, ill probably be back to bromancing Morgan as he gets over this latest bout of Sonny-asskisser-itis. I still want he and Ava together raising that baby.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Sorry for the double post mods! My phone isn't letting me copy and paste into an exist in post.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I've found myself liking Sabrina the past few times she's been on. It's so unsettling.

I think maybe it's because her hair has been looking banging lately. It's like I'm convinced the only reason I like Regina on OUaT is because the actress Lana Parilla has amazing hair.

Michael remains a bright, beautiful star. Hate these bitches forever, Michael! Morgan was being such a little shit. It's as if he can't understand at all why Michael is mad at him/Kiki/Carly/Sonny. And Carly is just insane.

Preach!

• Love 1

If Ava wanted a say in who raises giant baby then maybe she shouldn't have murdered someone.

Or have a baby as a human shield. 

[sarcasm font]Yeah, she totally should have just let Sonny murder her, since then he could raise the baby, having done such a bang up job with his other kids.[/sarcasm font]

• Love 4

[sarcasm font]Yeah, she totally should have just let Sonny murder her, since then he could raise the baby, having done such a bang up job with his other kids.[/sarcasm font]

But there'd be no spawn (presumably if it is Sonny's spawn) if Ava and Sonny weren't rutting on a dead man's tomb. Ava, Sonny, Julian, Duke...all dirtbag murdering mobsters who deserve misery.

And Ava deserves it if just for killing a woman for...whatever. And I hated Connie. But she was Nancy Kerrigan and skated for it, so if she is miserable now? Awesome.

• Love 4

Finally, I am so pleased to see how much BM has improved the role of Jason.  It was such a pleasure watching somebody who could actually put over an emotion and deliver lines believably and with conviction.  I kept thinking of how his scenes would have gone down with SBu in the role:

SAM:  "I don't care how much you protest your innocence, I know it was you!!!"

Later, Jason tries to remember if it really was him that grabbed Sam.

We've finally gotten a real actor playing the role.  PRAISE JAYSUS!!!!

Really?  God, I think BM is awful.  He can't keep eye contact.  He smiles constantly.  His motivations are all over the place.  For a guy who is suppose to be so awesome and great, I can never figure out what the heck the character is thinking from one moment to the next.  Even today, did he remember grabbing Sam?  He certainly had flashbacks, but then he wonders if it was him.  WTF?  I can't with this version of Jason.  I'd take SBu any day of the week, and at least when he was in a scene, I knew what Jason was thinking.  I can't figure out BM's expressions at all from one moment to the next, and he smiles when the scene calls for him to be serious.  When he's suppose to be intimidating, like with Carlos, he can't look the guy in the eye.  Same with Helena.  He's a horrible Jason Morgan.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3

Billy Miller confuses me. He played psycho fine on AMC but maybe he was at Y&R too long now since he relies on the constant smiling and slick charm. Jason was a hitman, a moron, and an unexplained saint, but he was NEVER charming.

And I know a role changes with recasts, but the very character was a KILLER at heart and it seems to me Billy Miller cannot pull that off. And I get that some don't mind considering SBu played Jason with all the complexity of a pet rock, but like it or not, that WAS Jason.

I agree with those who say he SHOULD HAVE BEEN Lucky, especially with Liz involved. Or hey, Sly Eckert would have worked. But this is a huge fail as far as Jason goes, IMO.

• Love 7

I haven't been following the Maxie custody stuff, but think I got the bullet points.  So am I to understand....she lost custody for spending time with Nathan when she was prohibited not to....and her reaction to this was to....go straight to Nathan?   And whine about how she knew better about staying away from him....

Not saying the reasoning from the judge is in any way ok or acceptable, but the irony was not lost on me.

Oh yay, tomorrow we get more Sam vs Liz.    And my god, do any of these people have brains?  Jake should be getting some assistance I would think, if not by the police, than maybe a shrink (hello, Dr Collins) who could help try and unearth some memories.   The whole thing is just a stupid mess.  And if I have to sit through one more shmooopy Liz/Jake scene I might kill someone.   "Oh no, I trust you, random dude who has no idea who he is that I have known for a month.  You could be married, have 100 kids, but wtf do I care?  I can't help falling in luuurve with you."

• Love 9

So, I guess I'll put on my "I hate Patrick" hat for a hot sec or forever. Whatever.

Dr. Douche tells Sabrina that the accident happened because of Victor and the Jason secret (which, btw, Sobby doesn't care about, I guess) and his follow-up is about SAM. He still doesn't give a flying fuck where Robin is now or that Faison is on the loose or the threats or blah...but SAM. He only cares about his relationship with SAM.

And he tells this to the idiot he was about to marry and have a family with. My goodness.

And then his scene with Samantha. Tears for his adventure buddy!! He can't lose her!!! And she's going to try to forgive him!! Aw!!! How quickly that angst for them ended. Must mean Robin is around the corner.

She'll come home, once again, to find Patrick in love with yet another woman. And the sickest part of all this time is she saved Jason for Sam and Danny. Like, twist the knife in Robin's heart some more, Ron. Please. And Robin will be all crying and begging for Patty like he's worth two shits.

• Love 9

I honestly think Billy Miller is more believable as a tough guy than SBu. When I look at old videos from 1996 SBu looks like such a skinny kid, him being the tough mobster back then is kinda funny. He had years to grow into the roided robot.

I don't think BM smiles all the time either at all. That said, I don't think he's super amazing in the role or anything. I think he's fine so far, no more no less.

• Love 3

I loved Michael calling out Morgan and Kiki for their jobless ways. Did they really expect Michael to provide housing for the rest of their lives?

Yes, they did. Why wouldn't they? Michael didn't tell either of them that the brownstone was only temporary. I'd take advantage of that, too.

Good point on both counts. I think if Morgan were a smart man (heh) he would have asked for terms that were more clearly defined than what Michael offered up. After all, free rent on a crumbling, property under substantial renovation isn't that much of a bargain, it's not one at all if you are also the one doing the work. Did he ever get paid anything beyond the rent holiday? Michael did do his brother a favor by employing his unexperienced behind, but they should have had some agreement in place for what happened after the work was complete. Kiki had the same deal but unlike Morgan there is no indication she actually lived up to her end of it, other than holding a tool while she talked Morgan's ear off and he actually did stuff. Neither of them should have expected to live there free of charge indefinitely, though given Kiki's incessant mooching, I have no doubt that she thought that would happen. She was probably was thinking she had a lifetime interest in the Brownstone and could sublet her room(s) if she parked her shiftless ass in Morgan's bed.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 2

Billy Miller's Jason seems.......smarter. It's like, I didn't find him condescending to Sam,but I did find that his rebuttal made sense. And I know he did it. SBu's Jason was like "Rawr! I am the law! Shut up logic!" Today, it seemed like Sam got ooutsmarted. I know, not very hard lately.....but still.

And because it needs to be said often. Shut up Patrick.

• Love 5

Judge Plot Point is a douche, but Maxie didn't try that hard to stay away from Nathan. I'm glad she knows that. I also liked that Ava took some responsibility for what she did, too. And while I still don't care for or about Sabrina, I'm glad she's anguished about what she did to Ava and apologized. Everyone who tells these people it wasn't their fault needs to STFU. It IS their fault.

I applaud everyone thinking Morgan and Lauren can't take care of a baby, but it's not because they've never taken care of a baby. It's because they're idiots with no jobs, no place to live, and no sense.

LOL that Sam expected Jakeson to admit he grabbed her. "Yeah, I was brainwashed. Sorry?"

• Love 3

Billy Miller's Jason seems.......smarter. It's like, I didn't find him condescending to Sam,but I did find that his rebuttal made sense. And I know he did it. SBu's Jason was like "Rawr! I am the law! Shut up logic!" Today, it seemed like Sam got ooutsmarted. I know, not very hard lately.....but still.

And because it needs to be said often. Shut up Patrick.

I'll take Billy Miller's Jason over THIS Patrick any.day.of.the.freaking.week. The writers have completely ruined Patrick forever in my eyes. I wouldn't want him in the vicinity of my favs unless they could kick him in the crotch. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

Something about Shawn being all up in Ava's baby's paternity test just struck me as really gross. It was like when he knew all about her medical trips to the hospital due to Sabrina, and everything involving her pregnancy. Vomit. He makes me want to retch, seriously. And hey, braintrusts? Maybe you shouldn't be discussing your illegal activities where every conversation is being recorded, dumbasses.

I knew Ava would forgive Sabrina, what else could she do from a jail cell? And as much as I still despise both Sabrina and Silas, I really enjoyed Maura today. She was excellent as usual.

Naxie, get on with it. This whole thing has been dragged out way too long. I know she'll end up getting the Christmas miracle, but it's just boring now.

Morgan, if you're dumb enough to get with Kiki again, I don't have any words for you.

I liked Sam today, and I'm not sure why. I like that she's sure of herself.

Did anything else happen?

Best line of the day: Ava calling Carly a hateful bitch.

• Love 5

I loved Michael calling out Morgan and Kiki for their jobless ways. Did they really expect Michael to provide housing for the rest of their lives?

Oh yeah, because Michael worked so hard for his career, with Ned going behind Tracy's back and having it handed to him on a silver platter. Fuck him and his self righteous attitude. While I always hated Michael, what I dislike about him is his coping a similar attitude when his stole Morgan's wife, only to have buyer's remorse because she proved to be a lying bitch to him as well. At least the reason Morgan initially kept the AJ was to use it as leverage against  Sonny to prevent him from killing Ava. It went to shit quickly, but he did get mad at Sonny on Michael's behalf, only a few hours before Michael found out. 

• Love 1

Oh yeah, because Michael worked so hard for his career, with Ned going behind Tracy's back and having it handed to him on a silver platter.

This is true, but at least he took advantage of the opportunity to do something productive with his life. Literally everyone in town has some way to fill their time, a job, a skill that they utilize when need be (legal or not), an ambition, or a genuine reason for existing except Morgan and Kiki.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 3

At least the reason Morgan initially kept the AJ was to use it as leverage against Sonny to prevent him from killing Ava.

Was that the reason Morgan kept the secret?  I don't remember him saying that at all, just that it coming out would destroy his family.

Oh yeah, because Michael worked so hard for his career, with Ned going behind Tracy's back and having it handed to him on a silver platter.

At least he's been shown as working at ELQ in lower positions.  Unlike, say, Kiki, who just showed up at the hospital and was like, "New daddy Silas, I need a jooobbb."  And then followed that up with "Boyfriend Mikey, the place I live rent-free is too crowed, I need a jooobbb."

• Love 1

This is true, but at least he took advantage of the opportunity to do something productive with his life. Literally everyone in town has some way to fill their time, a job, a skill that they utilize when need be (legal or not), an ambition, or a genuine reason for existing except Morgan and Kiki.

For one thing, Michael employed Morgan to fix up up the Brownstone, so up until recently, he had a job. And I disagree about everyone else in town. Unless they had jobs prior to RC taking over, no one is doing anything. Heck they aren't doing anything even when they have jobs. Lucas supposedly can be a practicing doctor, but is hanging out at Carly's house or with Brad (that leave from his job must be pretty generous). Except for planning Carly's wedding for one day, Maxie has done jack since baby Georgie. Eventhough Lulu  owns the Haunted Star, she has become completely baby obsessed, because god forbid she runs the club and mothers Rocco.   Liz who forgets all patients (and her kids) for "Jake", kidnapper and terrorist Dr.O, Chief of Staff, douche Patrick, Silas and Brad, I would rather go to Mercy. And the PCPD actually managed to get stupider. And being unemployed is better than being a criminal.

Was that the reason Morgan kept the secret?  I don't remember him saying that at all, just that it coming out would destroy his family.

No, not initially, but the day of the Cranco fiasco, he went to Sonny and used it as leverage to protect the potential mother of his child.

At least he's been shown as working at ELQ in lower positions.  Unlike, say, Kiki, who just showed up at the hospital and was like, "New daddy Silas, I need a jooobbb."  And then followed that up with "Boyfriend Mikey, the place I live rent-free is too crowed, I need a jooobbb."

No, not really. When Edward was alive, he got a pretty sweet internship with ELQ, not exactly the secretarial pool. When Edward assigned him to work one of division of ELQ, Michael didn't like it because it sounded boring and requested to work in another, and of course Edward obliged, even though if any other intern made that request, he would berate them. Then Edward asked the black ivy league grad to fetch them coffee like a house slave and Michael didn't look the least uncomfortable by this.

The storyline was dropped and Michael got to manage a warehouse and a restaurant for Sonny. Then Ned handed ELQ over to Michael while his mother is being raped by Fluke.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

Awww...my det Special Kitty was so freakin' adorable today. Those scenes in his room....Naxie is so cute and they need little scenes where they just talk or interact even watch a movie for you know build-up<side eyes to you RON>

My speculative prediction is instead of going the evil or illegal route by getting Dr. O involved or messin' with Judge Dickhead Nathen is going to contact Spin and get him to willingly bring Georgie to see Maxie at Christmas....double awwww.

And now on to what made me want to shoot my tv. Could Ava have been any more melodramatic and it fell so flat for me when paired with Sabrina(I know I know) who actually lost her baby due to no fault of her own and Maxie who isn't allowed to even SEE her daughter for the most idiotic reasons. Excuse me if I can't muster up any sympathy for a murderer in JAIL. Silas really pissed me off. If anyone should be in this role it should be Kiki. Silas has no business being sympathetic to a woman who kept his daughter from him her whole childhood. Makes him look like an idiot. I can't decide if Ron does this on purpose or he really doesn't realize how ridiculous it looks trying to make Ava look sympathetic in same episode as Sabrina and Maxie. I just can't with Ava and her hair was awful.

I don't have much opinion on Sabrina but her hair is beautiful and I loved her blouse. She really is pretty and contrast with Sam who could be pretty but had on WAY too much make-up but her hair was great today too.

First time I really liked Jakeson. BM did a great job with him today. I felt like it was Jason from the outfit to his tone. That scene with Sam was really good to me. First time I didn't get Billy Abbott vibe. I thought he looke and carried himself so much like Jason I was surprised Sam didn't get some twinge or feeling he looked like Jason. I will say Sam and Jakeson have chemistry. Much better than he and Liz or her and Patdick.

Speaking of Patdick what a douche. He couldn't even muster up one tear for Shamwow and way to make what Victor did to Robin about ..... anyone but Robin. He and the Judge should become besties they are both a couple of dicks.

I really liked Michael b/c he was spot on, but also CD played it with a feeling to me that he is blocking his love for these people and letting his anger control the situation, but underneith he wishes he didn't have to be like this. He kept letting Carly call Sonny his father without correcting her even though he doesn't call him that. I did LOL at poohbear and the mooch just kickin' it on the couch after the eviction, like being called jobless mooches was no biggie.

• Love 4

I honestly think Billy Miller is more believable as a tough guy than SBu. When I look at old videos from 1996 SBu looks like such a skinny kid, him being the tough mobster back then is kinda funny. He had years to grow into the roided robot.

I don't think BM smiles all the time either at all. That said, I don't think he's super amazing in the role or anything. I think he's fine so far, no more no less.

BM is not believable at all, imo, and it's not fair to compare 20ish SBu from 1996 to the role as it is now.  BM is playing the role NOW not from 20 years ago.  Heck, he'd look like a pre-tween if this were 1996.  Even now BM has a baby face, and at least SBu looked intimidating.  BM, in contrast, looks intimidated when he's in a confrontation with someone, and I don't get why he can't just maintain eye contact.  It's like the character is afraid, and Jason is never afraid, or at least he never shows it.  BM has a nervous tick of smiling all the time in scenes.  He did it again today with Sam when she's confronting him at the PCPD.  Was the smile meant to be sarcastic because Jason Morgan isn't sarcastic.  Even when she was leaving, he said something snarky and snide to her, and she shot back at him with a remark.  He's just not Jason.  It's not a comfortable fit for him at all.  He would have been a perfect Lucky because then BM could have used all his apparent charm and wit that I've heard so much about.

I don't think Sam got outsmarted.  She owned Jake today.  I loved how she confronted him and didn't back down, and as much flak as he gave her, she gave it right back.  He didn't outsmart her.  She got him to doubt himself.

I really liked Michael b/c he was spot on, but also CD played it with a feeling to me that he is blocking his love for these people and letting his anger control the situation, but underneith he wishes he didn't have to be like this. He kept letting Carly call Sonny his father without correcting her even though he doesn't call him that. 

I noticed that too.  CD did a good job of showing some conflict.  I noticed it when Carly offered him the baby, and for a split second as he's looking at her, he had this look of wanting to hold her.  I also noticed that in addition to him not correcting Morgan regarding "Dad," he didn't correct Morgan calling Carly "Mom" either.  Michael still loves Carly, Sonny, and Morgan, but as you say, he wants to hold on to the anger.  I think it's partly to honor AJ and partly because he is hurt by what they did to him.

I did LOL at poohbear and the mooch just kickin' it on the couch after the eviction, like being called jobless mooches was no biggie.

Yeah, that's how they roll.  They know they have their next gig lined up with either Carly or Silas.

Edited by Bishop

Speaking of Patdick what a douche. He couldn't even muster up one tear for Shamwow and way to make what Victor did to Robin about ..... anyone but Robin. He and the Judge should become besties they are both a couple of dicks.

Hahahaha. I really do have the same look on my face in Patty and Judge scenes.

Me too, hell I could just go for them doing anything onscreen.

I can't believe how much I'd love to see them together again. I am hoping they'll have some special, intimate Christmas scenes, maybe decorating a tree together or Brad's place which of course leads to some messing around underneath a bit of mistletoe.

Maybe Lucas could dress up as Santa for the kids at the hospital with Brad as his helper elf, heh, my mind is filled with ideas. I'd just like to see them being coupley and sweet. They'd help to buffer against the awful couples I have to suffer through on a regular basis.

I love this post and you. I am going to wrap this up and stick it in a tree. then kidnap it and give it 3 hots and a cot.

Why can't we ever see Lucas/Brad on screen and doing the above. I'm fearful Ron will skip the relationship beats and have them experiencing drama by the next time we see them on screen.

And Ava deserves it if just for killing a woman for...whatever. And I hated Connie. But she was Nancy Kerrigan and skated for it, so if she is miserable now? Awesome.

I suppose, but what I was responding to was the suggestion that Ava shouldn't have used the baby as a human shield, since she wouldn't have had to use the baby as a human shield if Sonny hadn't fully intended to kill her otherwise.  And was going to kill her after she gave birth, anyway. That's why he's so aggravated because Ava is in jail, because his wee little self didn't get to do the "honor" of killing her.

• Love 4