Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Why is Ron re-igniting the Liz vs. Sam Wars???

uGH!

As someone who is pretty neutral on both of them, I was enjoying the past two years of them acting civilly towards each other.

And y'all know it's only a matter of time until Jake declares that Carly is brave, strong, and loves with her whole heart.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3
Let's just say after all the bitter tears, Sam once and for all, realizes that Jason is not the one for her after all. He is so different, she'll feel nada for him. I can't imagine all these Liz and Carly cooties he's accumulating will endear him to her.

Ohhh if only, if only. Perhaps if he and Carly hook up that would serve as the final nail in their couple's coffin. At least that's what I'm hoping. Let Liz and Carly fight over his worthless hide.

The Friday scenes with Jake and Carly alone make him just...blech. 

The man has not a single original bone in his campy body. He always goes back to the well to pilfer from what worked for others, supposedly.

He's already setting up Carly to wear a "Jake is my Hero" fan club tee-shirt, Liz is the president and Sam, for right now, is on the outskirts but slowly is working her way into the belly of the beast as well.

Ron is propping Jake up with the all too comfy and cushy role as Jason the all conquering who has more women singing his praises than he can shake a black tee-shirt at.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

I've been kind of surprised by that, especially given the involvement with Patrick.

I think the writers completely protected her in that story. That's why I FEAR Robin coming back (even though I want the story to end) because I could totally see Ron having Robin have some type of ridiculous conversation with Sam the same way he did with Robin/Sabrina.

Ohhh if only, if only. Perhaps if he and Carly hook up that would serve as the final nail in their couple's coffin. At least that's what I'm hoping. Let Liz and Carly fight over his worthless hide.

I would cry tears of laughter if Ron has Sam have a revelation that she doesn't love Jason after writing why Robin wanted to save him in the first place. Anything to crap on Robin, he will do.

Edited by HeatLifer

He can't force people to engage. I am pretty good a ignoring it.

She used to be a love or hate her type of character.

It is character growth.The old Sam would have screwed Patrick long time. All she needed was the attraction to act on in. 

Perhaps if he and Carly hook up that would serve as the final nail in their couple's coffin. At least that's what I'm hoping. Let Liz and Carly fight over his worthless hide.

Carly yes, but Liz will serve the same purpose. If the sex happens when they don't know he is Jason, she'll be obligated to get back together with him when the truth comes out. It'll be short lived.

I would cry tears of laughter if Ron has Sam have a revelation that she doesn't love Jason after writing why Robin wanted to save him in the first place. Anything to crap on Robin, he will do.

I want the day-player boat captain to be an undercover WSB agent who finds Robin and saves her. Then they come back to PC and pick up Emma from her weekly Thursday sleepover and take off for the real Canada.

Patrick won't notice Emma is missing for at least two weeks until Spencer has his hired goons work him over to find out her whereabouts.

• Love 4

I want the day-player boat captain to be an undercover WSB agent who finds Robin and saves her. Then they come back to PC and pick up Emma from her weekly Thursday sleepover and take off for the real Canada.

Patrick won't notice Emma is missing for at least two weeks until Spencer has his hired goons work him over to find out her whereabouts.

Haha. 2 weeks? That seems kinda short. She's had months-long sleepovers. I'm sure he would just think that's where she was. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
Haha. 2 weeks? That seems kinda short. She's had months-long sleepovers.

Well you know Spencer can be quite impatient and would speed things along. He has Britt's "special ring" to give to her after all. 

Well you know Spencer can be quite impatient and would speed things along. He has Britt's "special ring" to give to her after all.

Sometimes it's really shocking to me that Ron won't stop writing this obsessive love Spencer has for Emma. It's just creepy at this point.

• Love 1

I think it is funny. Sam has been accused of many things, smug is a new one. It could take hold like the lethargic acting choice KeMO is widely accused of. Both are inaccurate, but it is all about perception. 

How can it be inaccurate or accurate? Like you said, it's a matter of perception. 

• Love 9

uGH!

As someone who is pretty neutral on both of them, I was enjoying the past two years of them acting civilly towards each other.

And y'all know it's only a matter of time until Jake declares that Carly is brave, strong, and loves with her whole heart.

As a weak attempt to boost ratings among the warring fanbases.

• Love 1
If Sam realizes Jason isn't the one for her any longer, then she'll be alone, and I don't see that happening for long. Maybe they'll cast a new guy for her?

She's been single for a while now.

How can it be inaccurate or accurate? Like you said, it's a matter of perception. 

Isn't that what I said when I said it is all about perception? Adding a IMO in every sentence can get redundant.

I hate Liz and think she is super dumb to let a stranger live with her, but I thought both her and Sam were catty in their interaction with each other. I thought it escalated to catty pretty quick. Though I think catty is too strong of a word. Thats when I knew for sure RC was setting up the Sam vs Liz war all over again for St. Jasus.

Edited by backhometome
I think the writers completely protected [sam] in that story. That's why I FEAR Robin coming back (even though I want the story to end) because I could totally see Ron having Robin have some type of ridiculous conversation with Sam the same way he did with Robin/Sabrina.

That isn't entirely what I meant. I imagine that if Robin does come back, Sam will start offending people a great deal.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 2

Since Sam is a PI, I would've wished she would've kept the information to herself and semi-stalked Jakeson a little more and maybe she would've ran into one of his meetings with Helena.

I think the reason Sam spoke to Elizabeth was because she thought they were past all of the past cattiness and she could talk to her candidly especially since this person is living in Liz's home. 

Now, I wish Sam would've just kept investigating in silence building her case first, that is how a PI usually would've went about it. 

Furthermore, it was kind of OOC for Sam to tell Liz right away anyway, she would usually hold out until she was sure..unlike the time she tried to get James to go after Ava, but I blame that on Silas..

• Love 7

I'm surprised Sam didn't go get Noodle Buddha after being held hostage because you know, memories and all.

And shut up Carly. Morgan may be dumb, but he's already more devoted to Giant Baby than Carly or Sonny has ever been to him. He tracked her to Canada. Neither one of parents probably know his favorite color, his middle name. His birthday I'm sure if referred to "As one of the many days Sonny proved he lurrrvved Carly." Sonny loves a lot of women. With bullets. In their bodies. He even let Ava hold Giant Baby. I just hope he calls Jax for advice. And do not let Carly hold her. Oh and don't name her after Carly, Bobbie, Kiki, Ava, Delia, Sonny, nor um Connie.

And get a job, kid.

• Love 3

Isn't that what I said when I said it is all about perception? Adding a IMO in every sentence can get redundant.

sure, in every sentence, but some sentences warrant them, but that's just, well, imo. This

I think it is funny. Sam has been accused of many things, smug is a new one. It could take hold like the lethargic acting choice KeMO is widely accused of. Both are inaccurate, but it is all about perception.

sounds like you're saying "people think KMo is lethargic but they're wrong." But since that's not what you were saying, it was my misunderstanding.

• Love 3

I am driving myself crazy trying to make sense of Ron the hack's writing. It simply doesn't make sense

Ron says Jake is neither Jason Q nor Jason Morgan, yet he's putting him right back into Jason Q and Jason Morgan stories. The stupid mind-numbing Liz /Sam wars, Carly the bestie he must rescue, etc. If he were different, wouldn't Jake be spending time with new people. Why not have him spending time at PCPD attempting to discover who he really is. In turn he befriends Anna, Dante, Nathan and other cops. After a whike, he could want to be a cop and then his memories come back and he has to deal with his past based upon his new understanding of the law, cops and right & wrong.

As it is now, I want Jason to be shot and kicked in the harbor again. He can take the Liz/Sam War with him.

Ron shouldn't be paid for the dreck he's writing.

• Love 4

I'm surprised Sam didn't go get Noodle Buddha after being held hostage because you know, memories and all.

I am calling it now, Jason picks up one of those damn figurines and WHAM! gets all his memories back.  

I don't think Sam was smug at all, but she did get awfully snippy pretty fast.  I would have rather she waited to warn Liz until she had more concrete evidence than a phrase he said, but I don't think she thought it through.  She went to GH to talk to Nathan, possibly run her theory by him and Liz just happened to cross her path and the subject was brought up.  However,

Liz is a dumbass for acting like Jakeson can't possibly be a bad guy. To her he's a complete stranger - she knows very little about him and knows absolutely nothing about his past. She has no idea what he's capable of. What if he's on the run and faking having amnesia? Smug dumb Liz doesn't want to consider that possibility.

Exactly.  And she should have learned her lesson 100 times over.   Wasn't she warned about Dr Ewen as well?  And she defended his ass until he pointed a gun at her.  She's not always the best judge of character. 

• Love 5
I can't imagine all these Liz and Carly cooties he's accumulating will endear him to her.

The Carly and Liz cooties haven't seemed to bother her before.  

If they give that beautiful little angel the name "Connie" ...

It would be the height of tacky to name your baby after the woman you killed in cold blood.  

• Love 1

uGH!

My sentiments exactly.

If Sam realizes Jason isn't the one for her any longer, then she'll be alone, and I don't see that happening for long. Maybe they'll cast a new guy for her?

Silas is still on canvas, and Patrick is currently angling to get himself some of Sam's "benefits", so I don't see that she is alone.

If he were different, wouldn't Jake be spending time with new people.

I don't get this either.  Billy Miller is a major "get", RC should be doing chem tests with him with every suitable character on the canvas, who knows what might spark?  I mean, he's doing just fine with BH, KeMo, and LW, but the possibility that he could show show some sizzling chemistry with someone else shouldn't be ignored.

It would be the height of tacky to name your baby after the woman you killed in cold blood.  

Ava's already surpassed that height, in my opinion, by screwing her boyfriend's father on the grave of the man she framed for that crime after encouraging/witnessing said father murder her fall guy.  

• Love 3

Billy Miller is a major "get"

I don't understand what is supposed to be so amazing about Billy Miller. I was watching AMC off and on when he was Richie Novak, nothing particularly outstanding that I ever saw. Don't watch Y&R, but was that super-special? He was on that primetime show starring Sarah Michelle Gellar for a handful of episodes a couple of years ago, decent work, but again, nothing spectacular. Is there something on his resume I'm not aware of?

Edited by annabel
  • Love 1
Liz is a dumbass for acting like Jakeson can't possibly be a bad guy. To her he's a complete stranger - she knows very little about him and knows absolutely nothing about his past. She has no idea what he's capable of. What if he's on the run and faking having amnesia? Smug dumb Liz doesn't want to consider that possibility.

Exactly.  And she should have learned her lesson 100 times over.   Wasn't she warned about Dr Ewen as well?  And she defended his ass until he pointed a gun at her.  She's not always the best judge of character. 

I am sick of Liz being the constant fall gal, the third leg in some shit triangle. I am sure when ReHe found out that Liz would housing a virtual stranger in a home with children, she probably would have loved to point out that any decent mother wouldn't do something that reckless, but can't because her situation is probably on the razor edge (especially watching Kelly Thieubaud being dumped, despite Britt being a descended from a legacy character and having several relatives on screen, then again she was playing a doctor).  And Liz had a point, why would Jakeson stick around Port Charles if he was going to help an international terrorist instead of boarding a steamer with him. Sam didn't come up with a good reason.

As for Ewen, his exit story was pretty damn ridiculous even by soap standards and when I say ridiculous, I mean mind blowing  stupid. It isn't like was Liz planning a wedding with the guy or even having sex with the guy. She dating someone from her place of employment. I know, I know there were two things working against her

1. It was Jasus that was warning, based on his all knowing feelings
  2. Again a Doctor. The don't have "code" like mobsters

So, I am going to pretend when the Jason reveal happens, people will be lining up to thank her.

I don't understand what is supposed to be so amazing about Billy Miller. I was watching AMC off and on when he was Richie Novak, nothing particularly outstanding that I ever saw. Don't watch Y&R, but was that super-special? He was on that primetime show starring Sarah Michelle Gellar for a handful of episodes a couple of years ago, decent work, but again, nothing spectacular. Is there something on his resume I'm not aware of?

He won the Leading Actor Daytime Emmy and was the lead for several years on Y&R, and made David Tom irrelevant as Billy Abbott. Plus, he probably could set up a pretty solid career in prime time if he gave it a good try (maybe prominent guest roles, maybe a regular on some B level cable show).

• Love 7

If they give that beautiful little angel the name "Connie" ...

That's been done, anyway. When Lante got custody of Maxie's daughter, they named her Connie. It was tacky then, too.

• Love 2

So Johnny knew Ric was in Witness Protection but Julian's boss didn't know? 

Thought the baby plotline wrapped up quickly but then most things on this show seem to drag, drag, drag for months and then wrap up in 2-3 episodes.  Like the clinic blowing up.  I dunno.

How did Ava get to Canada?  Isn't she on a watch list?  If she went by private boat, how did they beat Dante there?  I also was OK with how Silas reacted.  Felt appropriate for a change.

And ITA, Dante shouldn't be able to arrest anyone on Canadian soil.

• Love 2

To what address shall I send the medical bill for the eye I just poked out? NULOCH.

Johnny's goons are the smartest goons around. It is known, Khaleesi.

• Love 6

That isn't entirely what I meant. I imagine that if Robin does come back, Sam will start offending people a great deal.

By people you mean the fans? I guess I just think the fans will create that feeling...the feeling of Sam v. Robin. The writing won't be there to support it, especially on Sam's end, IMO. Sam will remain the innocent party who just happened to fall for Patrick when she thought him and Robin were over and done with. And, of course, Jason was deader than dead, so again, innocent. She has done nothing wrong. And the writing will continue in that direction.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Which is exactly why I wouldn't put it past Ron to go there, tacky is his middle name.

Plus Ava very well may not get to name her daughter or have a say in what she's called, the child's father, unfortunately, is either Morgan or Sonny so I could see them wanting to "honour" her or whatever. Especially since Dante and Lulu had to give up their "Connie" and she's now Georgie 2.0.

• Love 3

How did Ava get to Canada?  Isn't she on a watch list?  If she went by private boat, how did they beat Dante there?  I also was OK with how Silas reacted.  Felt appropriate for a change.

Apparently a car on the NYS Thruway can make the eight hour or so drive from Ryan's Bar in Morningside Heights (Uptown Manhattan)  to Canada faster than a boat across the Bay in Port Charles. But I am assuming that Ava and Silas did not stop for snacks at the rest stop

Edited by Fylaki

Blech. The crazy thing about bringing back the character of Jason is that it highlights how repulsive and impossible the character was.

Sam and Liz are both right and wrong. Jakeson is a dangerous, violent criminal (but he is also Jason who is a paragon of virtue).

Guza and now Ron make the mistake of creating a character who is a killer for hire who is also a good person. They're confusing a paradox for complexity, and every character who accepts that a person can kill people for money AND be a decent human being is pretty much a complete idiot.

Free Sam and Liz. 

• Love 7

The more Ron pushes Liz v Sam over Jackson, the more I hope he flips the story and Jackson turns out to be Lucky. Then Ron can bring back Jason and have him be like :'you're fighting over him?'

It would make up for years of Gaza shitting on Lucky to prop Jason (especially GV's Lucky). And could give Ron a way to stick it to SB once more

Thought the baby plotline wrapped up quickly but then most things on this show seem to drag, drag, drag for months and then wrap up in 2-3 episodes.  Like the clinic blowing up.  I dunno.

And ITA, Dante shouldn't be able to arrest anyone on Canadian soil.

I'm gonna guess Ava has fake ID's for situations like this.

I'm I uh well after NXT R Evolution, I have hope. You see, the members of an area of the internet sent HHH a fruit basket to show their appreciation for him making such an awesome show after so much crap on Raw and Smackdown. So, how this relates to GH is this.....

Ron, I know you're reading. I know you like attention. These are the demands. We don't want Sonny to ever return to power. Like, ever. You keep Micheal not on the Sonny/Carly side. He stays a Quartermaine. We don't want Jason Morgan, holy hitman back. You use Billy Miller properly. Stop igniting stupid fan wars. No one cares about Dr O's imagined plight of being a terrorist. We care about Anna, Robin, Monica, AJ. Stop resurrecting Cassadines not named Stefan and give us AJ. (AJ WAS NOT FAT!) Children are not in love stories. You forget about Connie. You use Roger, Micheal, and Maura correctly or you let them get better jobs. No one loves Carly. Shawn is a shit hitman. Make a good story for Tequan Richmond before he makes you look stupid. And let Bea Arthur rest in peace.

Meet our demands and there could be a fruit basket for you.

Sincerely,

Teh Internet H8rs

• Love 14

I am sick of Liz being the constant fall gal, the third leg in some shit triangle.

I think Liz fans and Liz haters alike are tired of it. They desperately need to do something new with Liz.

Johnny knows everything.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I see nothings changed. The show is STILL the unholy three in danger and being picked on. Poor Sonny after twenty years has finally had his head handed to him. Jason is back , brainwashed or not using his great skills. Liz and Sam want the killer for hire ,with kids to put in danger. Nothing has changed on this show. Re_Ron has his workers watching YT to copy the Old GH. He can't even do a decent job at that.

As for Johnny. He never wanted to be in any mob. He tried to get out, all he got was Sonny kidnapping him .Sonny's beat down was retribution. Pay back. and not enough. This is wash ,rinse, and repeat Guza's garbage. Thanks but no thanks. been there seen it all before.

One good thing is I can come here, read about it, and know *don't bother*.

• Love 2

I think Liz fans and Liz haters alike are tired of it. They desperately need to do something new with Liz.

OH God yes, something new wouldn't kill them. I even don't mind Liz and Jakeson and see some chemistry but now that Sam is in the mix and Carly it's just so damn tiring.

Give Liz something else to do please, focus on her kids (apparently there are two of them) focus on her career let her hang out with some other people. I don't know, just something else.

• Love 2

Hmmm.  I don't know this Johnny.  He must have appeared from when I last saw this show as a kid in the early/mid 80s to when I picked it back up about 6 months ago.  I barely remember the mob with the disco.

I thought Dante flew to Canada but that might just be in my head.  Of course he could have left later than the fantastic four as he was waiting on paperwork from Baldwin first.

Franco's adoptive (?) mother didn't bother me.  I did like how Deliah almost blew it with her calling out to Ava.

I thought Sam was trying to collect Jake's fingerprints when she knocked off her phone as she was rushing out of the Metro Court.

Ron, I know you're reading. I know you like attention.

I'm pretty sure that folks at this board and its predecessor came up with Britch, Legion of Doom, Fluke and other things have made their way to the show.

And then shows like Friday go a long way towards convincing me we are being trolled. Kiki sneering at Dante and Morgan thinking a baby turned into a bag of floor felt like "middle fingers up to TWoP" moments.

• Love 3

I liked Sam and Jason for the most part, but if Ron is intent on doing another round of Sam vs. Liz I'm out. I'd rather Sam drop Jason and let Liz sniff around him again until a new shiny toy comes along and she gets bored. Sam can move on with someone else - Patrick (if Ron ever decides to properly end Scrubs) or even Ambien/Silas.

• Love 3

I liked Sam and Jason for the most part, but if Ron is intent on doing another round of Sam vs. Liz I'm out. I'd rather Sam drop Jason and let Liz sniff around him again until a new shiny toy comes along and she gets bored. Sam can move on with someone else - Patrick (if Ron ever decides to properly end Scrubs) or even Ambien/Silas.

How about Michael? That would be fun once Jakeson gets his memories back. And it keeps Michael away from Kiki.

• Love 4