Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

My cynical side says he's leaving his options open so that whatever fits whatever twist he comes up with a few weeks down the road, he can say "well, that was/wasn't Luke all along!"

Same here. From all that he's done and keeps doing with this ridiculous idea I just don't think he's done with the "Is he or isn't he the real Luke??" nonsense. He loves dragging this sort of nonsense out as long as possible.

Just looking at what he's doing with Faison and Dr. O yet again, he can never just be "done", just finish it and get over it and move on.

I'm really REALLY tired of hearing about that damn baby.

I didn't care about Connie but it's kinda fucked up that she bled to death on her office floor while Sonny struggled to call the cops and it was all for nothing.

Who is more dumb and pathetic, Dr. O or Britt?

ITA about Connie, but wAs this a trick question? Because in my book fheyre about equal at this point. Maybe Dr. O has a slight edge but not by much.

• Love 1

I don't have enough words for how much I dislike Dr. O. The zzz's in the middle of words, the patheticness of her devotion to Faison, her pleading to her offspring to care about mutter (or today it was mutti). I doubt very much that Faison is going to whisk her off when he's done whatever he is going to do, but for a brief moment this afternoon I thought Yay!

• Love 3
So, is Lord Larry the fastest drunk alive? It's not like he had a head start over Dante. 

well you know Dante is tiny and he did flip a dinning chair over to block him. heh! Poor Dante suffers so being one of PC finest.

I can't stand Ava she is such a manipulative bitch I have not an ounce of sympathy for her. Even though her daughter is just Kiki it was all kinds of wrong for her to manipulate and lie to her own daughter to sneak away from being arrested for MURDER. I can't fathom how Sonny and Carly can be the devil but Ava, who would sell her own child to stay out of prison, is supposed to get sympathy? There isn't a situation that Ava won't use to her advantage case in point kidnapped child and Silas. She used her own child to manipulate Silas into helping her flee. She has now run out of options and it is ALL her own doing b/c she has manipulated EVERYONE. There is a reason Ava gets shat upon in PC, b/c she has lied to and used everyone who ever tried to help her. So Ava reaps what Ava sowed.

• Love 1

Is it just me or did Faison kind of look good in that suit?

He looked good. No wonder Dr. O fell for his BS.

Today's show sucked balls, mostly due to too much Franco and WE NEVER CARED. And any Kiki is too much Kiki.

• Love 3

Yeah, I don't care, RC wins -- I love Nina and Franco.

I don't care about letting RC "win" if I like what he's doing - he won with me with O. until the past couple of weeks when she started sniveling about mean old Anna locking up love of her life Faison.

• Love 5
She used her own child to manipulate Silas into helping her flee. She has now run out of options and it is ALL her own doing b/c she has manipulated EVERYONE. There is a reason Ava gets shat upon in PC, b/c she has lied to and used everyone who ever tried to help her. So Ava reaps what Ava sowed.

I guess I'm not very inclined to boo hoo over Kaka being lied to/manipulated/whatever when pretty much from the second Ol' Melon Head skulked into Port Charles to extort money from Michael she has lied and manipulated and then lied some more. First to Morgan, then to Michael (while purporting to love them, no less) and now she's all snuggly with Freakco because he was her father for ten seconds. When does she get what she deserves?

• Love 5

While I am personally not into it, I also don't think this dynamic between Franco and Nina people are enjoying is sustainable.  It's just the two of them right now, separated from all the bad stories they're in.  But once they're back in Port Charles, the show will surely swing into overdrive to portray them as victims ("How DARE Morgan take Baby Dimples from them!").

Edited by TeeVee329
I want Jordan away from Shawn.

I want everybody away from Shawn. And Shawn away from PC. He's pointless and useless.​

I agree that the person Alexis brought to the Qs is not the real Luke, but that the real Luke is the one who pulled a gun on Juilan.  But still / once again/ whatever, I really don't get what is going on with this story, and I don't care enough even to try to figure it out. 

If Dr. O leaves town with Faison, then can Britt stop worrying about her telling Nik about the lies and schemes?  I'd be okay with that, because I like Nik & Britt together.  What can I say, my cognizant dissonance can be pretty strong.  

• Love 5

I like Nina and Franco. I find them to have good chemistry, but even I can't fathom where this baby story is headed. I mean they kidnapped the baby it can't end well, but they are also taking good care of the baby and love her. I don't see it as much worse than what Britt did to Lulu and Dante....except Ava and Sonny are NO Lulu and Dante. So in the end I'm sure they have to lose somehow, but not come out the bad guys? I just don't see how that is going to work.

I don't think Orangina is going to be Morgan's b/c he is apathetic about her. I know he is all sad face poohbear, but not really actively involved heck Kiki is more wound up about her sister than Morgan is and all she did was call Silas. Plus it is harder to redeem Fraina with Morgan sad poohbear as the father. Making two murderers her parents makes Nina look more sympathetic.YMMV

• Love 1

TPTB ... will continue to pander to the Julexis fanbase. 

It's nice to see at least one fanbase getting pandered to, especially one that had to fight tooth and nail to get their couple any airtime whatsoever.

While I am personally not into it, I also don't think this dynamic between Franco and Nina people are enjoying is sustainable.

I think it's the Sword of Damocles that sooner or later they will have to face the consequences of their actions that gives their pairing an extra bit of poignancy.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 1

I don't think Orangina is going to be Morgan's b/c he is apathetic about her.

It's not like Sonny's so interested.  He seemed to stop caring about that baby the minute it couldn't be used to get out of his jail cell.

I think it's the Sword of Damocles that sooner or later they will have to face the consequences of their actions that gives their pairing an extra bit of poignancy.

That's just it, they're not going to have to face any consequences.  Ron will contrive a way out of this for Franco and Nina ("Nina's off her meds!!  Franco's tumor grew back!!  Not their fault!!").

• Love 5

It's not like Sonny's so interested.  He seemed to stop caring about that baby the minute it couldn't be used to get out of his jail cell.

But from what I gather that IS his standard reaction to a girlchild?

• Love 2

When that baby is returned to PC, I will feel sorry for her. Either Snarly,  if she is Sonny's, or Kiki if Morgan is the father, will be the one raising her. She will be stuck with either Snarly who is hardly the mother of the year (see Joss or Morgan for proof) or Kiki, who doesn't have the sense that god gave a goose. So perhaps the poor wee thing is better off with crazy Nina and crazy Franco.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 3

Yep, the car waiting for Lord Larry's escape from questions was too provident. And Returned Luke looks too darn rested to be Drugged Luke. This one has to be False Luke, because by returning he has renewed everyone's belief that Luke is a good guy, and that all can trust him. He can continue to maneuver control of Tracy and take over ELQ. Returned Luke's appearance has also coincided with the big drug shipment that Jordan was complaining about to Julian. Returned Luke must have a plan to get control of ELQ in time to launder the profits of the big drug shipment. Faison is in town too, and must have a role in the ELQ takeover/drug shipment laundering, because he hinted to Liesl that he's only in town for a short event and then plans to split forever. Using Dr Obrecht must be in Faison's plan; otherwise he would have remained hidden from her. She will do anything for Faison--probably even jeopardize the health and welfare of the PC populace in her role of COS.

If Returned Luke's big plan goes down now, Sonny will be in custody, and ironically may escape all blame. Dook will be available as his Second in Command, and the two can reassume their major mob role if Returned Luke's plan fails. Carly can rush to Sonny's arms.

The status quo will be restored to Port Charles.

What kind of dumbassery takes place in the Q mansion parlor?  I'm sure it's a huge mansion but that room isn't so large that people can chat in regular tones and not have everyone else hear them.  Look, Larry is in the room, we all think he's up to no good and in with Jerry Jax.  Let's talk about stuff in front of him. lalalala.   I did like how Larry was slowly inching towards the door with his gin. 

Ava looked better in the hospital.  Whatever make-up she had on that day she should stick with.

Jordan is a pita.  Julian tells her that he needs to leave before he's found and killed and yet, she continues with her pointless questioning.  Since she's undercover DEA, once she got the info, she should have been out of there to make some calls.  But no...

If I were Britt, I'd confess to Nic right there and then so I'd be done with all their sorry asses. 

Kiki.  Blergh.

• Love 3

Lauren and Silas deserve each other as father and daughter, off-screen if possible.

KA was her usual terrible dull self today as was ME. RH had a pulse. MW still gives it her all. MS wasn't as high strung as usual. Jazz hands were at a minimum.

• Love 2

That HUGE baby should waiting for Crackers and Duck Soup to fall asleep and then be crawling like hell until she can throw herself on the nearest ice flo.  Being a mid-morning snack for polar bears would beat the hell out of looking into Crazy Eyes or listening to Franco drone on.  Hint to Franco - baby wasn't trying to grab your finger - Baby was trying to get her little hands around your throat.

I know there wasn't anything in the Morgan/Kiki scene that we saw that would have led to such a thing, but as I half-watched Funky Winkerbean and Mrs. Potato Head have a conversation, I had this hope that Morgan would just flip out and stab her with a fork.  Wouldda been nice....

Dr. O and Faison kissing.....I'm mildly surprised neither one bit the other one's tongue off.  They just seem that much in love.  I can't think of two in-laws Count Dickolas deserves more, though.

Luke at the Quartermaine's......real Luke or Fluke, he manages to  not only make everyone seem even stupider, he also makes everyone else seem SO MUCH MORE TALENTED than he is.  Maybe Luke is a like a human version of those Russian nesting dolls....the big one is Fluke, the middle one is Luke, and the small one is Spenthhhoor - or Ron C.s talent, whichever is smallest.

Was there a reason for the Jordan/Julian scene, or did Show just want us to know that Jordan is now as stupid as Shawn?

• Love 4

I can't help liking Nina and Franco- they have too much chemistry. Plus, that baby is adorable.

This Luke storyline is never ending. The real Luke is totally with Julian since he had the same drugged look on him. Gah show!

Everyone keeps inferring to Morgan being dumb- poor guy. It's not his fault his parents are idiots as well.

• Love 3

I don't think Orangina is going to be Morgan's b/c he is apathetic about her. I know he is all sad face poohbear, but not really actively involved heck Kiki is more wound up about her sister than Morgan is and all she did was call Silas. Plus it is harder to redeem Fraina with Morgan sad poohbear as the father. Making two murderers her parents makes Nina look more sympathetic.YMMV

I'm with ulkis, Morgan's been looking for the kid since he found out that shrieking freak stole her. The only reason The Nina isn't a murderer now is because Ava survived her doing her jazz-handed best to kill her. Add in the fondling of Ava's pregnant belly, and I want her to trip over her own two feet and fall into a vat of acid.

But from what I gather that IS his standard reaction to a girlchild?

Heh, this is true, but OTOH, Sonny is generally disinterested in anyone that can't or won't do something for him.

• Love 4

I'm with ulkis, Morgan's been looking for the kid since he found out that shrieking freak stole her. The only reason The Nina isn't a murderer now is because Ava survived her doing her jazz-handed best to kill her. Add in the fondling of Ava's pregnant belly, and I want her to trip over her own two feet and fall into a vat of acid.

Heh, this is true, but OTOH, Sonny is generally disinterested in anyone that can't or won't do something for him.

For example, how he relates to Morgan.

• Love 3

I like Nina and Franco. I find them to have good chemistry, but even I can't fathom where this baby story is headed.

This is Port Charles.  It's probably headed before that ace legal mind that told Maxie to stay away from Nathan if she ever wanted to see her child again so that he can find that because Ava stole Nina's child from her (because we all know Kiki is really Nina's, right?) 20 years ago, the only proper legal solution is that Nina be given custody of Ava's child now.  Also, because the baby's real father is in jail, Franco can have custody, too, to make up for that mean trick Ava played on him making him think Kiki was his and then taking it back. 

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 3

I want everybody away from Shawn. And Shawn away from PC. He's pointless and useless.​

You forgot misogynistic and hypocritical. However, I need to see a little of Shawn and Duke running Sonny's empire (badly) before he (Shawn) goes. 

If I were Britt, I'd confess to Nic right there and then so I'd be done with all their sorry asses. 

I'd love to see her be all "fuck you guys. Peace out." *mic drop*  

Cesar Faison involved with a drug shipment feels so pedestrian. I get that a guy on the run needs quick cash, and beggars can't be choosers, but surely there must be something more fitting he can attach himself to? 

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 3

While I am personally not into it, I also don't think this dynamic between Franco and Nina people are enjoying is sustainable.  It's just the two of them right now, separated from all the bad stories they're in.  But once they're back in Port Charles, the show will surely swing into overdrive to portray them as victims ("How DARE Morgan take Baby Dimples from them!").

I hope Nina and franco aren't supposed to be a couple similar to say old school lLucy and scotty town pariahs who bond but steaing a baby not sure how thats even rootable lol.

• Love 1

I'd love to see her [britt] be all "fuck you guys. Peace out." *mic drop*  

Since Kelly Thiebaud is leaving, I would love something like that to be Britt's exit - her recognizing this pattern she's caught in with Nikolas and her mother, saying "Fuck this shit", and coming clean even if it means losing Nik.  Then she can head out of town (after a sweet goodbye with her brother) to start over.

• Love 6

You know Luke has been arrested before - his finger prints would be in the system.  It is ridiculous that his son-in-law the cop doesn't just fingerprint him to settle it once and for all.  Or, they could do a DNA test with Lulu but since the General Hospital lab is hardly trustworthy, I just go for the finger prints.

Also, I thought it was strange that Britt said she was going to get Nikolas instead of her brother the cop who was also in the next room.

• Love 3

Also, I thought it was strange that Britt said she was going to get Nikolas instead of her brother the cop who was also in the next room.

Britt's such a good hostess, she served up an opening for Dr. O's "If you take the love of my life, I'll take yours!" line on a sliver platter.

Faison doesn't know about Nathan yet, right?  I'm curious to see what he does when he finds out.

• Love 1

You know Luke has been arrested before - his finger prints would be in the system.  It is ridiculous that his son-in-law the cop doesn't just fingerprint him to settle it once and for all.  Or, they could do a DNA test with Lulu but since the General Hospital lab is hardly trustworthy, I just go for the finger prints.

Well considering when Dante did try to run fingerprints on Jakeson Helena somehow worked "computer magic" to block them being matched, I figure they've done the same with Fluke and Luke fingerprints. So even if he tried poor Dante couldn't be sure even with that kind of evidence.

I'm not a huge fan of Dr. O but I did find she and Faison much more compelling than Tracy and Luke. Both were reunited with their "lost love" and Dr. O at least sells that she truely loves Faison, while Tracy wanted to berate Luke and make it all about her. She seems a true selfish bitch and I don't buy she loves Luke much at all.

• Love 1

Who is more dumb and pathetic, Dr. O or Britt?

Dr. O, by a landslide. She's a selfish, stupid and pathetic bitch who's been pining for the same man-who's never loved her- for decades and had played her every chance he gets and is playing her for the fool that she is and always will be again, which serves her sorry ass right.

Screw Alexis, Julian and Jordan must happen.

I disagree.  Jordan's stock has plummeted with me, because of Shawn and TJ. Jordan's affairs with Shawn, then and now, were/are bad enough, but dropping the bomb on TJ about his father's death just to clear their own consciences wasn't just disgusting; it was beneath contempt. The one time Shawn shoots straight, he kills TJ's father and was actually surprised that TJ's upset about it. As far as I'm concerned, TJ's dad not only had every right to hate Shawn and want him dead, he's still a better father than Shawn, dead or alive.  As for Jordan, her putting her career at risk for Shawn and breaking TJ's heart for selfish reasons only proves to me that she and Shawn deserve each other and TJ deserves better than them.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 6

Well this yea. Shawn is the #1 character that needs to go IMO, which is really saying something. But I'm with Mrs OldManBalls, I wouldn't mid seeing him and Duke run the mob hilariously badly for a bit.

imo, they've made it clear Morgan's been out looking for the baby since we last saw him and this is pretty much the first time he's taken a breather.

I agree. I mean it's kinda pointless to actually show this, but they made it clear he's looking for/worried about the baby in those scenes at Kelly's. And honestly, Morgan may be an idiot, but of the potential candidates to raise this baby, he wins by a landside IMO.

Lauren and Silas deserve each other as father and daughter, off-screen if possible.

This.

Since Kelly Thiebaud is leaving, I would love something like that to be Britt's exit - her recognizing this pattern she's caught in with Nikolas and her mother, saying "Fuck this shit", and coming clean even if it means losing Nik.  Then she can head out of town (after a sweet goodbye with her brother) to start over.

Oh man, that would be such an amazing exit. I'm gonna be sad when it doesn't go this way.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

Why can't they expect you to sympathize? I fully sympathize. No matter what she's done, she's a woman who was drugged by a psychotic freak, forced to give birth and then had her baby kidnapped. Haters will say she deserved it, but she's completely earned my sympathy. Of course, if it were anyone else but Maura playing her I might feel differently.

I understand that some would sympathize. I was speaking about myself. Ava is one of the many characters with front burner storylines that I have no investment in. She does extreme things and extreme things happen to her, that as a viewer should have a reaction to but I don't. Even if I were inclined to feel anything for her, the writing for the character is so bungled up that I'd find it difficult. I don't think she deserves what she's going through, I am expressing that I don't care to see what she is going through.

Aside from the handful of scenes with her Jillian, in almost all her run, whenever Ava is on screen she is doing one of two things. Being mustache twirling villain, see her taunting AJ and egging Sonny to kill AJ or screwing her boyfriend's father on his grave, or being a victim. She is a big player in most of the crimes commited by Sonny but she adds victimhood to her resume.  Maybe if I were invested in the character, I'd find one of these entertaining and that is a huge maybe. Compared to Ava, I have an investment in Sonny. I look forward to him paying for his crimes, I find delight in Michael's treatment of him. I even mock him and Carly holding hands at prison.

There is none of these feelings in regard to Ava. I don't have to like a character to find pleasure in watching them as is with the case for Sonny.

I disagree though that MW should cut her losses. She's having a wonderful time playing a character she truly loves playing. Why should she leave? She's probably a lock for another Emmy nomination. Besides, someone's got to feed her huge family lol. I do agree that it's hard to watch recently. As a fan, I'm tired of seeing everyone go after her. End this shit and move her on to the next storyline.

I did not say she should cut her losses with the show, rather the show should cut their losses with her. I will not advocate for any actor/actresses to leave their jobs just because I have a problem with their story arcs; I don't pay their mortgages.  However, I feel Tiic should get rid of the character because she doesn't add anything positive to the show. For me. 

From my personal perceptive, Ava is a symptom of a problem plucking the show on a whole. I could make the same argument for many others and I know not everyone will feel the same way. I have seen people advocating Silas' demise and while I don't feel this way I understand the sentiment. He doesn't add anything to the show except play supporting role to the ones I find unwatchable, Ava, Kiki and Nina. I would get rid of them first. 

• Love 1

he did flip a dining chair over to block him

That was hilarious. I really enjoyed Larry yesterday, with his lurking on the fringes of the living, his "Oh, crap" face when Luke showed up, his outraged posture. Hugo Napier can overdo things really easily, but yesterday he played things perfectly, IMO. I'm sure I'll hate him soon enough, though. Ron always ruins everything I like.

Sonny is generally disinterested in anyone that can't or won't do something for him.

Now and forever, Sonny is always about Sonny.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Aside from the handful of scenes with her Jillian, in almost all her run, whenever Ava is on screen she is doing one of two things. Being mustache twirling villain, see her taunting AJ and egging Sonny to kill AJ or screwing her boyfriend's father on his grave, or being a victim. She is a big player in most of the crimes commited by Sonny but she adds victimhood to her resume.  Maybe if I were invested in the character, I'd find one of these entertaining and that is a huge maybe. Compared to Ava, I have an investment in Sonny. I look forward to him paying for his crimes, I find delight in Michael's treatment of him. I even mock him and Carly holding hands at prison.

There is none of these feelings in regard to Ava. I don't have to like a character to find pleasure in watching them as is with the case for Sonny.

I'm confused, Deputy Deputy CoS. On the one hand, you say that in comparison to Ava you have an investment in Sonny, but you also seem to be saying that you hate Sonny and yet still find pleasure in him being constantly around, which seems to be the root of your problem with Ava. Maybe my afternoon coffee fix just hasn't kicked in yet, but this seems to be a bit of a contradiction. If Ava being all over the place has made you sick of her, fine, that's not what I'm wondering about, but isn't Sonny just as much all over the place as she is, even though he's currently in a cell where he belongs? He might be disinterested in the baby, but A)girlchild and B) she isn't old enough to do anything for him, which makes him doubly apathetic. Meanwhile, Cujo is still holding his hand even though she's kind of just as responsible as Ava is (IMO) for him being in jail. Had she not been attached to Franco at the hip, the SERIAL KILLER wouldn't have stayed in Port Charles. Franco's presence is what has brought this tumbling down on Sonny's head, and the only reason Carly isn't in a cell of her own is because the stutterbarking greaseball martyred himself for her.

I will say that I am kind of perversely amused by the idea that Ava being an amoral killer is the reason (in context of the story) that she "deserves" to have her infant daughter almost literally ripped out of her still-breathing body, but Sonny being.....wait for it.....an amoral killer makes him entertaining in comparison. If that is your, or anyone else's, opinion, I respect your right to it. I'm just trying like hell to understand it. :-)

• Love 1

It's frustrating that those two clowns Franco and Ninoo have Big Baby while Sonny is incarcerated. If they hadn't escaped with it, Ava would have a chance to take her baby and start a new life far away from PC. Sonny couldn't prevent it. If Sonny somehow gets out of jail, Ava will have to flee without her baby. That sticks in my craw. If Ava could flee with Baby, Kaka might follow, and Morgan and Sonny and Carly might leave too like falling dominoes.

Funny that when Franco tried to reason with Ninoo, he didn't get the same reaction that Magda did when she tried to get Ninoo to change her mind about keeping the baby. Ninoo screamed hysterically at Magda, finally kyboshing her with a  heavy lamp. But when Franco tried the same arguments, Ninoo was able to counterpoint each one as neatly as if they were in a formal debate--no screaming hysterics or violence. So I guess we are to conclude that Franco's logic is superior to Magda's, or that wimmins be inferior.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

I understand that some would sympathize. I was speaking about myself. Ava is one of the many characters with front burner storylines that I have no investment in. She does extreme things and extreme things happen to her, that as a viewer should have a reaction to but I don't. Even if I were inclined to feel anything for her, the writing for the character is so bungled up that I'd find it difficult. I don't think she deserves what she's going through, I am expressing that I don't care to see what she is going through.

I did not say she should cut her losses with the show, rather the show should cut their losses with her. I will not advocate for any actor/actresses to leave their jobs just because I have a problem with their story arcs; I don't pay their mortgages.  However, I feel Tiic should get rid of the character because she doesn't add anything positive to the show. For me. 

From my personal perceptive, Ava is a symptom of a problem plucking the show on a whole. I could make the same argument for many others and I know not everyone will feel the same way. I have seen people advocating Silas' demise and while I don't feel this way I understand the sentiment. He doesn't add anything to the show except play supporting role to the ones I find unwatchable, Ava, Kiki and Nina. I would get rid of them first. 

From what you're saying then, I could add a whole bunch of characters who add nothing to the show. At least Maura West gives 110% every day. A good writer could reform her character. Sadly, GH doesn't have any of those so-called good writers.

• Love 2
You know Luke has been arrested before - his finger prints would be in the system.  It is ridiculous that his son-in-law the cop doesn't just fingerprint him to settle it once and for all.

Whoever makes these facemasks does such an amazing job that the women having sex with the men wearing the masks can't even recognize their junk is different.  I'm sure fingerprints are a breeze in comparison.  

Hate the Fluke story.  He's all locked up at Miscavige (that name will never not be funny), raging that he's going to fight to meet Rocco, when he couldn't be bothered to meet the last couple of grandchildren?  

• Love 4

Funny that when Franco tried to reason with Ninoo, he didn't get the same reaction that Magda did when she tried to get Ninoo to change her mind about keeping the baby. Ninoo screamed hysterically at Magda, finally kyboshing her with a  heavy lamp. But when Franco tried the same arguments, Ninoo was able to counterpoint each one as neatly as if they were in a formal debate--no screaming hysterics or violence. So I guess we are to conclude that Franco's logic is superior to Magda's, or that wimmins be inferior.

Actually I thought it was b/c Nina actually trusts Franco as opposed to her mother, you know the woman who put her in a coma and caused her miscarriage. Franco has always tried to help Nina not harm her so it seems logical she'd be more willing to work with him rather than kill him. YMMV

• Love 3

I get where Deputy Deputy CoS is coming from re Ava. My choices seem to be watching her do heinous things or being subjected to heinous things. I choose neither. Sonny, Nina and Sabrina even did seriously sick things to her, which also makes them trash. They should pay and Franco should pay for aiding in the kidnapping of the baby. All of these idiots should be in jail.

But she still committed cold blooded murder, and got AJ killed for her crime, and then defiled the Q crypt with Sonny. I can't get terribly invested in poor Ava. She belongs in jail, too.

• Love 3

I'm confused, Deputy Deputy CoS. On the one hand, you say that in comparison to Ava you have an investment in Sonny, but you also seem to be saying that you hate Sonny and yet still find pleasure in him being constantly around, which seems to be the root of your problem with Ava. Maybe my afternoon coffee fix just hasn't kicked in yet, but this seems to be a bit of a contradiction. If Ava being all over the place has made you sick of her, fine, that's not what I'm wondering about, but isn't Sonny just as much all over the place as she is, even though he's currently in a cell where he belongs? He might be disinterested in the baby, but A)girlchild and B) she isn't old enough to do anything for him, which makes him doubly apathetic. Meanwhile, Cujo is still holding his hand even though she's kind of just as responsible as Ava is (IMO) for him being in jail. Had she not been attached to Franco at the hip, the SERIAL KILLER wouldn't have stayed in Port Charles. Franco's presence is what has brought this tumbling down on Sonny's head, and the only reason Carly isn't in a cell of her own is because the stutterbarking greaseball martyred himself for her.

I don't understand how I contradicted myself. Hating a character in itself is an invested. I feel something for them whether it is good or bad. I don't have to like a character to enjoy a storylines they are involved in. I gave examples with Sonny. He is getting his just deserts and I am loving every minute of it. Another one I'll add to my examples is Jason. I abhor Jason Morgan. I don't have to remotely like the character to enjoy his supposed dead body being unceremoniously dumped into the water. I found it highly entertaining. I am even curious about this Jake person because of his Jason roots. 

The root of my problem with Ava is that I have zero investment in her. On top of that, every storyline she's been involved in has been unpleasant to say the least. I don't care about MW one way or another as an actress, if I did, not even her portrayal in scenes like the ones involving Nina would give me pleasure. Therefore I'll rather her character be cut from a bloated cast. 

I will say that I am kind of perversely amused by the idea that Ava being an amoral killer is the reason (in context of the story) that she "deserves" to have her infant daughter almost literally ripped out of her still-breathing body, but Sonny being.....wait for it.....an amoral killer makes him entertaining in comparison.

Please read my post again. Let's not turn my post into a competition between Sonny and Ava on morality. I specifically stated that I don't think Ava deserves the stuff she's going through. At no time did I say that Sonny is morally better than she is, only that I am more invested in Sonny than I am in her.

I don't find the stories she's involved in watchable. In fact, I find some of them to be downright disturbing. I have posted my displeasure several times about her forced induced labor being hard to stomach not because of anything I feel for the character because the scenes themselves is not something I want to see when I go to watch General Hospital.

I can't help it if you take all of that to mean that I find Sonny more rootworthy as compared to Ava.

From what you're saying then, I could add a whole bunch of characters who add nothing to the show. 

I said this too.

If all the characters who are guilty of criminal acts were in prison, this show could be called General Pentonville.

Well, yes - which is exactly what is making it unwatchable for me most of the time. And most of these people have no remorse for what they've done. I basically want to slap the shit out of most of the characters at this point.

• Love 4

Well, yes - which is exactly what is making it unwatchable for me most of the time. And most of these people have no remorse for what they've done. I basically want to slap the shit out of most of the characters at this point.

Actually I'd go one step further to say that Sonny seems to be about the only remorseful one of the bunch.