Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And yes, I noticed they photoshopped a pic of SK from the 90s in with a pic of CD.

That picture isn't of SK from the 90s.  Its actually from when he first came back.  The picture actually had Leslie Charleson in the middle.  

• Love 1

Oh, I have to say, if/when Helena runs into Obrecht, I need her to gush at Helena and Helena being all, get your hands off me, peasant. (Sorry TeeVee! :) I would have wanted friendship/mentor scenes even just two weeks ago, but this past week of "how could you do that to poor sweet Cesar!!!" has killed O. for me.)

I'm still eagerly awaiting them FINALLY crossing paths (I already have the .GIF I'm going to post to express my joy picked out!), but to be honest, I probably would have loved it more a month ago.  Kathleen Gati is an extremely talented dame, but Dr. O's starting to wear thin even for me.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Carly is just a hypocritical, disgusting being. One day I hope the character will be able to admit that Sonny brought nothing to her children or family besides death and destruction. Everything Mikey is doing is all I could have ever hoped for. I cry tears of joy when he calls Snarles "Carly." I don't even care how long this lasts because it actually happened. For that, I do thank Ron. Now I feel gross.

Oh, Hells. Still not giving Robin any credit for...anything? Is my poor girl still chained up in Paris while this bitch roams around PC? And will this scene she has with Jason tomorrow be seen by Liz or discussed at all? Because if Patty finds out about that and is still "....", I swear.

Speaking of the douchebag, it's so adorbs how he's so concerned about Sam's Thanksgiving, but clearly doesn't give a flying fuck that his daughter won't be spending it with family. And apparently hasn't given one iota of a thought to Sabrina, who gave birth to his Blankie, and you know, who he was about to marry about a year ago.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I swear, if Duke goes on some ridiculous, "You didn't tell me you locked up Faison on Spoon Island, so I'm going to run Sonny's gummy bear mob, take that!" rant, I'm gonna need Anna to karate chop him in the kilt.

A) I think that seems like a pretty accurate guess for Duke B) Yes, please!!! She deserves to after she didn't get to punch Dr. O in the throat for...a list of reasons. 

Michael's either not thought about Jason's role in his life, or he's absolved him in death. Well, Carly is there to remind Michael of Jason's culpability. I am really interested in how Michael would react to Jason once he's revealed.

I am sure Jason will get a "pass" about it all as usual.

Either it'll be played out that he too was a "victim" of Sonny and Carly, using his memory loss to get him to turn against AJ because he viewed him as such a threat to their "happiness" and Michael's "safety" or some such bullshit, or this new Jason will be remorseful and apologetic and want to "fix" things, want to make up for all he did as his "old self", blah blah blah.

Jason is going to be the "glue" for this cracked pot of a storyline, I have no doubt that is what Ron has in mind.

He will use Jason as a way to keep Sonny, Carly and Michael in Jerry Springer like Limbo while he also uses him to weave things together involving Liz and Sam and Patrick and Robin and Helena and Franco and probably even the Nina will be blessed by the healing powers of the holy hit-man vigilante who is Jason Morgan.

One day I hope the character [Carly] will be able to admit that Sonny brought nothing to her children or family besides death and destruction.​

Well, Sonny did beget Morgan, who may himself be a father now, but can't be sure because the baby has been kidnapped and is on the run with Carly's psycho ex-fiance.  But, Carly doesn't seem to care about that at all, so I guess it doesn't really matter.  

She deserves to after she didn't get to punch Dr. O in the throat for...a list of reasons.

Breathing? I'm good with breathing.

Speaking of the douchebag, it's so adorbs how he's so concerned about Sam's Thanksgiving, but clearly doesn't give a flying fuck that his daughter won't be spending it with family. And apparently hasn't given one iota of a thought to Sabrina, who gave birth to his Blankie, and you know, who he was about to marry about a year ago

Well you know it seems like only yesterday that he was pretending to be upset about the kid's death so that Sam could fondle playdough.

Why in the world did you think that strolling in to the Q mansion to wish Michael Happy Thanksgiving was a good idea?  Did you forget about everything that just happened, and that he is absolutely furious with you?

I love that Carly can't believe that Michael is done with her. It's totally in character that she thinks all she has to do is apologize and everything will be fine. 

How is Duke gonna run the mob? Duke can barely drive at night!

Can't. stop. laughing. Poor Duke. Poor Ian Buchanan.

[Carly] can never see the other person, she refuses to see their pain, their suffering, their plight, she sees only herself, the ultimate victim of everyone else.

Which makes her such a perfect match for Sonny, as he's the same way. Someone else is always responsible for what he's done.

• Love 7

I am sure Jason will get a "pass" about it all as usual

You are probably right but I'll just wait to see how it plays out. A poster advised in the Jason thread to give it time, I guess I'm taking that advice for now.

So much has happened within this Michael/Sonny/AJ/Carly storyline that I thought would never happen. Like Sonny spending more than a week in jail. I never thought he'd see the inside of a cell, let alone go to prison. Also never though I'd see the day Michael fully embraced his Quartermaine roots. His lashing out at Sonny and Carly is bonus. The real payoff is in the actions he's taken since he found out the truth.

It might be different now that another actor is playing Jason, but Ron didn't shy away from making Jason look bad. The way he treated Sam's pregnancy and Sam's reaction to his rejection would never have happened under Guza. Jason wasn't the golden boy under this regime.

Moreover, if I play the game of "knowing what's coming" I won't find any joy on this show, and might as well tune out. 

• Love 1

But, Carly doesn't seem to care about that [Morgan having a baby/being a grandmother] at all, so I guess it doesn't really matter.  

Did Carly make any mention of Joss, the underage child in her care who she apparently abandoned on Thanksgiving?

• Love 1

Why does Sam always wear black bras under her white shirts?

Because you aren't supposed to wear white bras under white shirts because…reasons? (Something about the bra standing out, but black bras do as well.)

Obviously I have no idea. :)

• Love 1
Which makes her such a perfect match for Sonny, as he's the same way. Someone else is always responsible for what he's done.

They truly are a match made in hell. They both have used each other to excuse their own behaviour since they pretty much started playing mattress tag.

Carly whined so about Joss "needing her" when she was about to be hauled off to a cell where she should have been put away ages ago but yet she abandons her corn kid on Thanksgiving to go and hang out with Sonny so he won't be all by his lonesome. It's...they're just filth, human filth to me.

Moreover, if I play the game of "knowing what's coming" I won't find any joy on this show, and might as well tune out.

I don't so much care to know what is going to happen as I care about bracing myself for the inevitable.

I know that Ron will get bored eventually with whatever he's doing and writing for the moment, he has a short attention span, shorter than any other writer still going imho. He is unpredictable but it's not in a good way.

Just like the storyline with Anna and Dr. O and Faison and notLuke and Helena and the rest, I didn't think things would turn out so badly, so illogically, so ridiculously but alas as usual Ron surprises me with how out of touch and untalented he is.

Anna's scenes today...unbearable is the best way I can put it. And not just her, but now Helena is roaming around back from the dead and no one bats an eye, not even Alexis. No she just stands and let's Helena mock her over her mother's horrible death and then she glides away unscathed, it's madness to me.

I am not left in suspense over what might happen on this show anymore, I am suspicious as to just how bad things will get. 

I probably should give up the show, heh, but I've been watching since '63 so I guess it's force of habit more than anything now. Plus I do still like some of the characters and actors. Ron hasn't ruined everything for me, he's come close but not everything.

ETA:

I'm already trying to come up with a half decent reason why Helena would go to Liz's that can be given on screen that won't sound impossible or idiotic. Is she going to pretend to be Jake's fairy godmother or something?

Edited by CPP83

I love how Carly is acting like the name Michael Corinthos is such a badge of honor.  Um, why is that?  

Michael should have told Carly how can she she expect him to carry the name of the man who killed his bio father.  Hell, make it anyone Michael cared about.  How could he carry the name of the person who not only killed someone he cared about but then had no qualms about lying about it to his face.

Carly got her bitch on with Michael.  She HATES that Michael doesn't hate AJ and he has the audacity to not feel the need to kiss Sonny's ring anymore because he had the fortune of being raised by him.  Carly is acting like Sonny being his father is a gift he is smacking away.  Also she could go down memory lane but when Michael told her about the guns and coma she responds with "don't do this."  Yeah, Michael.  Stop with your truth that doesn't paint us as the wonderful parents we seem to think we are.

And how much did I love how she told Michael that Sonny loved him more than life or whatever bs she was spouting.  What a load.

I just can't with her.   

ETA:  And the next time Carly wants to talk smack about AJ to Michael I need Michael to remind her about banging him . That AJ wasn't too bad then.

Or about the time that AJ showed the bitch some compassion after Todd left and actually took care of the wench.

In case no one can tell the scenes today kind of pissed me off. :)

Edited by ch1
  • Love 13

I want Morgan to wander into Sonny's house all excited because he found his baby, seeing Duke "working" at the tiny little desk in the living room, get mad that Sonny gave Duke a job instead of him, and throw his giant baby at Duke in a rage.

I actually pictured this happening. Now I can't stop laughing.

Speaking of the douchebag, it's so adorbs how he's so concerned about Sam's Thanksgiving, but clearly doesn't give a flying fuck that his daughter won't be spending it with family. And apparently hasn't given one iota of a thought to Sabrina, who gave birth to his Blankie, and you know, who he was about to marry about a year ago.

Well, y'know, Sam's chest pillows are bigger than Sabrina's. Patprick knows what his priorities are.

In other news, STFU and GTFO, Carly. Jesus, the woman has the self-awareness of a turnip. Less self-awareness. Does she seriously think that being all up in Michael's grill is going to make him "realize" that what she did was not only perfectly acceptable, but that he should be glad she and Scummy fucked up his life again because she didn't have the ovaries to kill AJ herself? Patho-fucking-logical.

• Love 2

I want Morgan to wander into Sonny's house all excited because he found his baby, seeing Duke "working" at the tiny little desk in the living room, get mad that Sonny gave Duke a job instead of him, and throw his giant baby at Duke in a rage.

Does the giant baby die? Say yes.

How dare Patrick ask Sam to spend Thanksgiving in that stank house with that stank stalker nurse. Asshole. Why can't she just go to Wyndemere and hang out with Nik. Has he even met Danny (on screen)?

If Helena wants to slit someone's throat she can stat with Liz.

• Love 2

I loved all the Michael and Carly scenes, and I think CD and LW have awesome chemistry as mother and son.  Michael looked conflicted about signing the name change form, which I was glad to see.  It's in character, and then once Carly started trying to lecture him, he signed them to shut her up.  I think Carly finally realized today that her adoring son is gone, and her angry, adult son has emerged.  

I am also loving Tony Geary.  I think he is doing fantastic work as both Fluke and Luke Spencer, and I can't wait for Luke to finally turn the tables on all of them.  I think Luke looks terrible, but Fluke looks great.  I like that Luke has disheveled hair and a pasty complexion and yet Fluke looks neat and tailored in his appearance.  

Jake and Liz bore me to TEARS!  God, they are boring.  It's more obvious when I see Patrick and Sam together and they actually sparkle and show some real chemistry.  

Why is Agent WSB getting in Anna's face about justice while he has no problem at all with Dr. Olbrecht walking scott free for HER crimes?  I hate that they are writing Anna as having to be sorry for her actions, but Dr. O gets a pass.

I'm happy also that Julian has come clean with Alexis, and I hope that the Fluke storyline picks up from this point forward.

• Love 1

LOL that Patrick asked Sam what her area of expertise was. I wanted to know, too.

Helena leering at Luke while he's in a straightjacket doesn't work.

Who cares if Jason gave Michael his name? It's still not the name he wants. Carly all but dared Michael to sign the name-change papers, so that's on her.

At least Patrick called Liz to let her know more people were coming.

What child was Michael picking up in the promo?

• Love 1

Giiiiannnt baby please, can Sam be a real PI and go hmm maybe I need to hang with this Jake guy more and sleuth him so we can be done with Patrick, Fluke, and whatever is supposed to be going on? I'm like......Patrick go be a doctor. Sam, be young and hot with Billy Miller.

Who the hell was Kiki bringing a pie to? Morgan? Poor Morgan has no one to spend Thanksgiving with. His mother is visiting his dad in prison, his brother wrote him off, and there's no budget for Dante. So I guess he is Kiki's and friends.

• Love 1

What child was Michael picking up in the promo?

Danny.  FINALLY Michael has a scene with Sam and Danny considering how close they were pre-RC, and then suddenly they haven't shared a single scene together.  

• Love 4

Far be it for me to feel sorry for poohbear, but dang Carly can go make sad eyes at Michael and goo goo eyes at Sonny, but can't spare a minute to check on poor Morgan who thinks Orangina is his.

Instead of running around checking on men who don't need her how about have thanksgiving with Joss, Bobbie, Lucas and Morgan. It makes no sense that Carly is all about Sonny only, wait okay maybe it does but geeze Carly YOU STINK!

• Love 6

Watching Carly get her face cracked will never not entertain me.  She's a maroon, she would have gotten somewhere, maybe, with apologies and tears but trying to justify what she (and Sonny) did was just gross.

Regardless of what the future holds, Michael is a Q and Sonny is in jail. I'm expecting my pony to be delivered at any moment.

ETA I liked Liz and Jake but today didn't work for me at all. It was the first time it seemed liked their attraction was not mutual and it made me uncomfortable for Liz. Jake seemed kind of cold....not Stone Cold but definitely cooler towards her.

• Love 3

He didn't. It's a continuity glitch or Carly bullshitting to get Michael to reconsider. Sonny wasn't even on the show at the time. Good times.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Danny.  FINALLY Michael has a scene with Sam and Danny considering how close they were pre-RC, and then suddenly they haven't shared a single scene together.  

I think Michael, Sam, and Danny had one scene, right after Jason died and Danny was returned to Sam.  But yes, it's been a long time.

I wonder if Monica will get a scene with her grandson.

If Helena wants to slit someone's throat she can stat with Liz.

I was amused that Helena, despite having threatened Liz numerous times over the years, was super politely knocking on the door.  Heh.

Who the hell was Kiki bringing a pie to? 

Are you talking about the previews?  Heh, that was Olivia.

• Love 1

I don't know if not knowing it was Jason would have helped because at some point the truth would be revealed. I'm just sick of Liz/Sam/Jason. It was done. Over and over. And Jason made his "choice" and he married Sam and they had a kid. Like, it's just tired. As much as Sam/Patrick suck, at least it's a story that was never done before.

• Love 3

I was wondering today if the issue with the LIz/Jake story is because we know Jake is Jason.

I think it's a little bit of both. She is kinda letting this virtual stranger into her life a bit too much, but it doesn't help that we know it's Jason.

• Love 3

I mean, otherwise, would it be that awful?

For me the answer is yes because the biggest issue I have, well the one I actually care to have about them, is that while we know Jake is really Jason, Liz has no bloody idea who the hell this guy is period.

Yet she pretty much made herself his private nurse while in hospital, she's brought him home just because she's got such a "good" feeling about this "handsome stranger", and she's giving him free access to her kids without a second thought. It's all rushed. It's all so insta-romance and forced to me that it's just completely unappealing,

To me Ron can't take his time when he wants something to happen and to happen right away so you get a woman who doesn't know a guy suddenly behaving as if they're old pals. Liz hasn't even shown a hint of wariness about Jake, heck she's been his ultimate protector if someone dared called him "John Doe" like he was an actual amnesia patient...

I see no reason for Liz to go so no-holds-barred with Jake just because he can crack cheesy jokes and doesn't like Dr. O. There's no foundation to this "sudden" connection for these two, imo, that's the big problem I have.

And their actions today were so...uncalled for to me they were unwatchable. A two week "bond" that leads to a guy walking around a woman's place half naked while her eyes sparkle and shine at the sight, no thanks, not my cuppa tea.

• Love 4
I have no doubt that Real Luke will not actually be found by Alexis tomorrow.​

I have no doubt that he won't be found until sometime mid-2017.  But I'm a pessimist.  

Did Carly make any mention of Joss, the underage child in her care who she apparently abandoned on Thanksgiving?

No, no she did not.  And the people Joss could be with are few and far between.  Maybe she's with Bobbie and Lucas?  Along with Scottie and Brad?  That's kind of a Thanksgiving dinner I might like to see.  Joss would be throwing so much shade.  

• Love 2

Wait, I get Michael disowning the bitch and the Don, AND Helena calling Alexis "Natasha" AND reminding her about killing her mother?  Has someone been reading GH History 101?  (No, of course, because of the Michael "Corinthos" retcon).  Is it Christmas already?

Aw, Jason's in khakis!  Next up, Christmas sweaters!

And, like, the Port Charles area, if it is any where near Buffalo, is under nearly eight feet of snow, and Carly's walking around in a light sweater.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHOW FRANK AND RON WEATHER MAPS!!!

• Love 3

Why is Agent WSB getting in Anna's face about justice while he has no problem at all with Dr. Olbrecht walking scott free for HER crimes?

I'm completely over Agent whatever his name is because the character is beyond ridiculous. RC has this character going on and on about what Anna did to Faison and then today he calls Faison a terrorist. Am I supposed to believe that Agent and US Government really care a bit about Faison? I'm tired of Anna getting this beat down day after day, while Dr O runs around spouting moral outrage. RC truly understands nothing about writing.

I loved Michael and Carly today. I thought both actors were terrific. I have no problem with Michael being a bit hesitant about signing those papers. He should be conflicted, after all no matter what: Carly is his mother and he did consider the orange moobster his father.

I really can't decide how I feel about Jake/Liz. I think they have some chemistry but RC is forcing too much. I think it's really past time for Jake to be interacting with more people. This island thing with the 2 of them is getting tiresome.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 2

If I there wasn't a moratorium on rubber masks, I would swear Fasion is Agent Sloan.

Carly continues to be a delusional idiot. I love that Michael isn't buying any of her crappie yet. I know it will happen soon but I will enjoy his anger at the selfish twit until then.

• Love 3

And the people Joss could be with are few and far between.  Maybe she's with Bobbie and Lucas?  Along with Scottie and Brad?  That's kind of a Thanksgiving dinner I might like to see.  Joss would be throwing so much shade.  

I'm still pissed at Bobbie so she can feel free to eat a Thanksgiving Lean Cuisine off-screen.  

• Love 9

I was wondering today if the issue with the LIz/Jake story is because we know Jake is Jason.  I mean, otherwise, would it be that awful?

I'll answer that in a word, yes. I know nothing of Jason or his history with anyone, and while the story started out okay, it has gone from that to stalker creepy. I mean it is one thing to get the guy some extra/better clothes, but to put it in a gift box? And all those contrived stories of Jake and Jason, just out of the blue just don't make the story fit for me. I just don't feel organic attraction with them at all. It seems Ron can't write to organic chemistry like say Julian and Jordan or Ana and Dante. Heck I even think Maxie and Nathan have it but the story isn't written TO it. Knowing his is really Jason could actually add a layer to the story if it was written more organic and less creepy stalker and contrived.

• Love 2
Yup, he, Lulu, Olivia, Michael, Sam, and Danny are all at the Q's tomorrow. And Faison is lurking outside!

There are apparently going to be more non-Qs at the Qs Thanksgiving then real Qs.  

I guess fans should be grateful?  Personally I'm irritated by Dante and Olivia being there with the way they talked about AJ.  I know not everything is about AJ but all of Monica's kids are gone but those that hated her son get to spend the holiday with her.  

• Love 2

I think it's a little bit of both. She is kinda letting this virtual stranger into her life a bit too much, but it doesn't help that we know it's Jason.

I agree with this. I hated Jiz, but I do think there's something horribly creepy about her attachment to Jakeson. She's latched onto Jake from the very beginning and sometimes acts so aggressively toward people who merely refer to Jake not as Jake. She's acted possessive and weird. I know that there have probably been movies based on nurses falling with their patients and/or inviting them into their homes, but it's still an incredibly creepy idea. It doesn't matter that Liz has spent hours and hours and hours (probably ignoring other patients) with Jakeson. At the end of the day he's still a stranger who she literally knows nothing about. She's got to young boys at home. And Liz's acting as if it's the most normal thing to do in the world makes it even creepier behavior. Plus, the biggest cardinal sin for me between Jakeson is that they don't have a lot of chemistry and I'm just bored by their interactions.

• Love 5

I felt like Agent Handsome was a real person, not a cartoon character, for the first time today. The regret he showed at having to come at Anna must have been false but it was an emotion nonetheless. He's been a mustache twirling variety so that was a nice reprieve. 

There are apparently going to be more non-Qs at the Qs Thanksgiving then real Qs.  

I guess fans should be grateful?  Personally I'm irritated by Dante and Olivia being there with the way they talked about AJ.  I know not everything is about AJ but all of Monica's kids are gone but those that hated her son get to spend the holiday with her.  

A family is not made of just blood relatives. Aside from Olivia, all of them are either Qs, Ned, Michael, Monica, Tracy and Danny, or through marriage, Sam, Lulu, Dante and even Ashton who was once married to Tracy. 

LOL is she still pissed off at scott or is that more offscreen stuff like felicia running for election lol.

There's gonna be a recount til February, when Michelle Stafford and Kathleen Gati finally take a week off.

I think they are using an abacus and fingers and toes to do the recount. It might be awhile.......

LOL is she still pissed off at scott or is that more offscreen stuff like felicia running for election lol.

Man, I forgot about the Felicia running for mayor outcome.  Ron just cannot end a story, can he?  When are we gonna find out the result, July?