Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Anna has a grandchild. Why would she choose the home of a child- even if it is Spencer - to house a madman? Also, at that time a baby, BenRocco lived there.

I forgot baby Ben was living there when this madness would have started.

And it's not only home to children, but a home that her granddaughter has visited numerous times in the last year.  Are we to believe that Anna was fine with Emma darting off to Spoon Island when she knew Faison was lurking there?

• Love 2

I think Anna is lying about the whereabouts of Faison. I agree that it makes no sense that she'd keep him on Spoon Island for all the reasons stated above.

I suspect she wants to use the tunnels as a convienient out. Like "Oops, he escaped through the tunnels!!" 

It is lame she could have come up with something better; Anna can think quickly on her feet when confronted about something she is unwilling to reveal. But it'd made more sense if she was intentionally leading Dr O and LameDet on a wild goose chase.

• Love 3

And it's not only home to children, but a home that her granddaughter has visited numerous times in the last year.  Are we to believe that Anna was fine with Emma darting off to Spoon Island when she knew Faison was lurking there?

Especially considering Emma's safety was a big reason Anna felt they could not allow Faison to go to a prison where he'd likely escape. I guess Ron doesn't remember that conversation between Anna and Robert. Anna was scared that Emma would end up being Faison's next kidnap victim, and Robert definitely knew Emma was spending time with Spencer because they had a 'chat' about her love triangle. 

• Love 1

I forgot baby Ben was living there when this madness would have started.

I think Anna is lying about the whereabouts of Faison. I agree that it makes no sense that she'd keep him on Spoon Island for all the reasons stated above.

I suspect she wants to use the tunnels as a convienient out. Like "Oops, he escaped through the tunnels!!" 

It is lame she could have come up with something better; Anna can think quickly on her feet when confronted about something she is unwilling to reveal. But it'd made more sense if she was intentionally leading Dr O and LameDet on a wild goose chase.

I don't believe for one second Ron and his minions give a flapping duck's bill about writing Anna in character as long as they can use her to move along their crap storyline that was a failure from the start.

Yet again a character goes completely OOC so Ron can further manipulate and twist and mess around with a complete crap-shoot of a storyline that isn't working, and imo will never work.

Ron isn't just writing Anna into a bullshit corner, he's also using this to bring Dr. O and Faison back into the picture and why? So we can watch Dr. O lose her mind over her beloved abuser? So he can keep trying to "trick" everyone about who notLuke really is by having the wild haired whack-job running around again?

Forget about Anna coming up with something better, why the hell didn't Ron?

This is the big payoff? This is the best he and his "dream team" could come up with after so many months to plan and prepare? This is what he believes will appease the majority of the audience?

Ron's a joke and he's turning this show into a laughingstock, imho.

• Love 7

I don't believe for one second Ron and his minions give a flapping duck's bill about writing Anna in character as long as they can use her to move along their crap storyline that was a failure from the start.

WFS  an new abbreviation Writing for Sweeps. That is all this has become we bounce from Feb to May to two weeks in Summer to Nov and the hell with the rest of the year

I think we can still call Franco/Nina, Nico but in order to show a difference from the OR Nico we could go with Niconico, in homage to the repeater.

How about Ninco? It's short, incorporates both names, and has the added bonus of kind of looking like "ninnies and company."

• Love 2

I doubt it. Dobson was bad humor, a dash of camp, and was a horribly-told "storyline". In other words, Ron identifies with it since he is all about camp and bad writing.

I'd been watching GH since 1980/81, and that one storyline was enough to make me completely stop watching the show for a few years. Someone as strong and successful as Alexis being reduced to begging for HER child made me ill and ragey. I'm sure there was at least one other misogynistic storyline that also pissed me off but all I remember is the Dodson fuckery. I didn't start watching again until, I think, around the time Jason was taking care of Sam after she lost her baby.

• Love 3

I'd been watching GH since 1980/81, and that one storyline was enough to make me completely stop watching the show for a few years. Someone as strong and successful as Alexis being reduced to begging for HER child made me ill and ragey.

Responding to this in the history thread.

How about Ninco? It's short, incorporates both names, and has the added bonus of kind of looking like "ninnies and company."

Love this idea!!!!  Now if we could get crazy Franco to do something about her jazz hands and freaking baby talk it would be amazing.....

How boring were Luke and Fluke.  Blah blah blah stuff we already know blah blah blah no forward motion blah blah blah Larry and Faison are red herrings blah blah blah.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Molly's hair color change and orange-ish makeup (unless it was just terrible lighting on the Morgan penthouse set) seemed really distracting to me in what should have an emotional/intense scene with TJ. But poor, delusional girl - your dad was not a good man and a good father.

Waaayyy too much emphasis on Luke/Fluke today. I just don't care. Also, Lulu and Tracy have terrible poker faces. 

I'm pissed at the lack of police presence in that Wydemere stable; someone should have shot/arrested Dr. O for choking Anna. And of course Faison is just standing nonchalantly on a pier in Port Charles, smoking a cigarillo thing. 

Good acting (as usual) by NLG. I thought Alexis might try to slap Julian through the bars of that cell. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1

Lulu: Who could it be? Whose face have they been making a mask of?

Oh lord, what an awful line. Geeeeeeee, whose face could it POSSIBLY be?

Sam needs to tell Tracy to try to take the scorn down a notch if she wants her help.

Does Nikolas get the award for "contract player Ron Carlivati cares about the least"? I really think he wins it.

I kinda like the stablehand, although I don't buy Nikolas would hire a stablehand version of Spinelli.

Hated Molly's bangs.

What, Jordan's boss really wants Ric out of witness protection? If that's true I have to assume Ric is whining to him non-stop, because other wise Ric isn't exactly mr. innocent.

Molly's hair color change and orange-ish makeup (unless it was just terrible lighting on the Morgan penthouse set) seemed really distracting to me in what should have an emotional/intense scene with TJ. But poor, delusional girl - your dad was not a good man and a good father.

Waaayyy too much emphasis on Luke/Fluke today. I just don't care. Also, Lulu and Tracy have terrible poker faces. 

I'm pissed at the lack of police presence in that Wydemere stable; someone should have shot/arrested Dr. O for choking Anna. And of course Faison is just standing nonchalantly on a pier in Port Charles, smoking a cigarillo thing. 

Good acting (as usual) by NLG. I thought Alexis might try to slap Julian through the bars of that cell. 

I became super officially really done with O. when she reached out to choke Anna. 

How boring were Luke and Fluke.  Blah blah blah stuff we already know blah blah blah no forward motion blah blah blah Larry and Faison are red herrings blah blah blah.

Yeah, first of all, isn't this stuff with Luke and Fluke happening at the same time as the other scenes? We saw Faison and Larry today! So how can they be Fluke if Luke is in the institute talking to Luke?

And second of all, Faison isn't Fluke just because he didn't take notice of Anna at all. And would anyone buy Faison singing at the Nurses Ball? Silly red herring, imo.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Yeah, first of all, isn't this stuff with Luke and Fluke happening at the same time as the other scenes? We saw Faison and Larry today! So how can they be Fluke if Luke is in the institute talking to Luke?

To be fair, we didn't see Larry or Faison until after Fluke had left Luke.  So I guess is the idea is that we're supposed to think one of them was wearing the Fluke mask when talking to Luke.

Except...no.  It's Bill Eckert.  All this "Masks!  He could be wearing a mask!  Masks?  Masks!" is just misdirection.

• Love 3

I truly don't have anything substantial to say. It's just un-freaking-believable how stupid these characters have to be to make Ron's brainchild work.

Also, my goodness if Lulu and Patrick ever try to procreate. That poor child.

• Love 3

I think that Sam may well be the worst PI ever. Aside from using her womanly wiles to seduce information out of people, what skills does she have?

While I agree that she's not good at her job, lol, she has nothing to really connect the dots in this case. You know who does? Patrick. The dude who knows Robin was threatened to save Jason, worked for an evil Cassadine, revived peeps from the dead, and was tortured and taken away from her fam by Faison.

But this is his mind in every scene: "....."

• Love 1
Molly's hair color change

Are the bangs new, too? They don't work for me.

Alexis was around for all the mask stuff, right? So Luke not being Luke shouldn't be such a leap. Plus, she convinced people she was a butler without a mask.

"Guess how long I've been gone? Six months. Unfortunately, it became necessary for Luke Spencer to disappear." That's one way to lampshade TG's medical leave.

I thought TPTB put the kibosh on masks after the Fonduke stuff.

The Alexis/Julian scenes were way too short. It took FOREVER for him to spit it out.

LOL at Nik's reaction to hearing a stablehand was a WSB agent. 

Edited by dubbel zout

No one needs a squish name. Stop the madness! If you must refer to them as a couple just go Franco/Nina. Or 'Those Two Psychos.' Or 'Ron's New Favorite Project.' Squish names are unnecessary! They don't need one. No one does! Stand strong, brothers and sisters!

• Love 19

I think that Sam may well be the worst PI ever. Aside from using her womanly wiles to seduce information out of people, what skills does she have?

On soaps, a PI only needs one skill.  Rex's "PI skill" on OLTL was breaking into hotel rooms.

• Love 3

Alexis was around for all the mask stuff, right? So Luke not being Luke shouldn't be such a leap. Plus, she convinced people she was a butler without a mask.

"Guess how long I've been gone? Six months. Unfortunately, it became necessary for Luke Spencer to disappear." That's one way to lampshade TG's medical leave.

The Alexis/Julian scenes were way too short. It took FOREVER for him to spit it out.

LOL at Nik's reaction to hearing a stablehand was a WSB agent. 

I just think they meant kibosh on anyone wearing a mask, not talking about it. So Ron has tread the line, so far.

The bangs are new. Well, to us. Molly's been off screen so long now Hayley Pullos could have had them for a while.

Edited by ulkis

What Ulkis said.

If the taboo on masks is true, then I imagine the dictate was that they were probably told not to USE them in a storyline. I'm sure nobody told them that the characters couldn't talk about people wearing masks. So, Ron being the 13-year-old boy that he is, found the loophole and is exploiting it. 

I liked them. I thought she looked considerably older than the last time we saw her onscreen. It could be the bangs or just that fact that it has been quite a whlle since we've seen her. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 1

The face on the computer looked like Larry to me.

That neither Luke nor Alexis even considered and then dismissed Bill as a possibility is the biggest clue that he is Bill. Those Luke/Fluke scenes were boring because they already had these scenes back in June that were then recaped Fri.

Was HP wearing a wig? Between that and the orange tan, she didnt look good.

I loved seeing Faison and his cigerellos at the end. And then Helena tomorrow! I'm disappointed that R&A actually did lock Faison away at Windermere, but now I'm more convinced than ever that he's been masquerading as someone this whole time. That jacket he was wearing looked very similar to one Patrick was wearing. And Patty's non-reaction to Faison was strange, even given Ron's writing problems. Even more peculiar is that Sam got to have a reaction, but he didnt.

If Faison has been Patrick this whole time, I'll freaking chant yes at the tv, Batista bomb my boyfriend through a table, and write nice things about Sonny for a week.

Wait, wasn't he locked under stupid Wyndemere? How could he be Patrick?

Wait, wasn't he locked under stupid Wyndemere? How could he be Patrick?

Anna said she hasn't laid eyes on Faison since last year and the guard Robert hired was on the take.  So, in theory, Faison could have been on the loose this whole time.

The GH segment on the news today talked about how hard the actors work: one take, lots of scenes, lots of dialogue to memorize.

This was the last one in the series. Sweeps are over. Heh.

I just think they meant kibosh on anyone wearing a mask, not talking about it.

I don't mind them talking about masks. I wanted to be sure wearing them was still verboten.

• Love 1

Anna said she hasn't laid eyes on Faison since last year and the guard Robert hired was on the take.  So, in theory, Faison could have been on the loose this whole time.

Didn't the undercover WSB guy say Faison hadn't been in that hole for almost a year? That he had been falsifying reports to Robert the entire time?

• Love 1

Didn't the undercover WSB guy say Faison hadn't been in that hole for almost a year? That he had been falsifying reports to Robert the entire time?

Something to that effect, I was rolling my eyes at the idea that Anna and Robert hired THIS guy to handle something THIS important.  Ugh.

• Love 2

This was GH's version of sweeps? Awful. I remember the days of the '24' style Metro Court hostage and when they always had big events with the entire cast then a disaster would happen. Fire, shootings, bombs, storms. 

Y&R got something like that last month with the cast wide bachelorette/bachelor party.

And Patty's non-reaction to Faison was strange, even given Ron's writing problems. Even more peculiar is that Sam got to have a reaction, but he didnt.

Unfortunately, it fits Ron's plot point of the moment. Sam gets to react because Jason is alive and that is the current storyline the writers are focused on.

• Love 1

Ahhh, AH and his crazy hair is back. I love the crazy psycho. Faison and Carlos Hesser are the villains from my youth.

What does it say when I am more excited to see AH than TG.

TG's scenes were definitely blah blah blah with a side of wah wah wah.

I loved the fit of Jordan's jacket.

We are losing Britt, yet Dr. O will still be alive and kicking. Sorry Ron, Dr. O is past her expiration date.

Per instagram, HP had has bangs for a while, I guess I'm use to them by know.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 4

What he said was Robert told him to do that, so either Robert let him go or he escaped from Robert's custody on the way to where ever Robert was tak.ing him.  We don't know yet

Just reading about today's incomprehensible garbage makes me want to spork out my eyes. I was wondering why flies were circling my monitor, and now I know the stench of shitty writing has attracted them. Again.

For sure.

I'm out.  while I enjoyed the downfall of Carly and Sonny and the rise of Michael Quartermaine, with a side of Ava, I absolutely will not sit thru one minute of Tony Geary, his bad weave and even worse scenery chewing.  So I'm out til the next sweeps month--I think it's May?

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 4

Wait, has Ava ever been in the same room as Fluke?  Because Fluke mentioning being gone for 6 months opens up the door to Ava being Fluke, and she had to ditch the disguise once she started showing.  

Not that I think it would matter to Ron if we had all clearly seen Ava and Fluke on screen at the same time if he did want to do that (not that I genuinely think it will be Ava).  

Well...I'm not quite sure yet if I've fully recovered from the stupor today's episode put me in but from what I can recall apparently these characters are all imbeciles. Not just idiots, not just brainless, hopeless fools, but full blown imbeciles.

Holy mother of brain cells the stupidity, the sheer lack of awareness, the inability to put two and one together...it was unbelievable. And of course it's exactly the way Ron wants it because otherwise he'd have nothing, nothing, to write about.

I think the Patrick/Sam/Lulu/Tracy scenes made me comatose. How can there be four people in a room and yet not a whole brain can be crafted between them? Oh that's right, thanks Ron. You ass.

Why didn't Anna snap Dr. O's neck? Honestly the very idea that Ron thinks it's so goddamn interesting to pit those two against each other...it's so revolting I can hardly comment on it.

Alexis and Julian, I just can't care because it involves Ric who should be serving a life long prison term already and notLuke who needs to be fed into a wood-chipper as soon as humanly possible.

And surely Alexis really can't be so dense as to think that Julian informing the authorities was going to do anything to stop notLuke. A man with that much money and power he can hire hit-men and blow up homes but sure, let the cops know and that'll fix everything, just play things by the book and all will turn out right as rain...

I guess she and Sam and Molly and Danny and Kristina, etc, would all have loved going into the Witness Protection Program themselves since that would have been the only hope they would have to survive the fallout and even then it'd be iffy if they made it to Christmas. Good lord the ineptness is astounding.

Luke and notLuke, I don't give a good goddamn, I just wanted the room to burst into flames and kill them both so this could just all end.

At least Tequan showed up to work yet again, doing his best with the crap they keep giving him. I don't know what happened to Molly's hair since she was sent to the closet but I wasn't a fan.

Shawn needs a hot arrow to the throat. I just want him dead, whatever it takes, however it has to happen, it just needs to.

And my how spiffy did Faison look...I can already feel the horror rising on the horizon. Ron is going to destroy any bit of good that's left in this jumbled mess if it's the last thing he does.

Wait, has Ava ever been in the same room as Fluke?  Because Fluke mentioning being gone for 6 months opens up the door to Ava being Fluke, and she had to ditch the disguise once she started showing.

She had been around him when she still thought he was the real Luke, but she found out he wasn't Luke when she managed to call him over Julian's computer and found out he was their secret boss. So face to face they have met but that was before she knew the truth about him. But they've had a number of encounters so far, both in person and online.

So yeah Ava is out of the question. Plus I don't think even Ron would try the whole one gender playing another, especially since notLuke has had sex with Tracy and they both weren't shy about telling people that. Not even he can sink so low, fingers crossed...

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Won't lie. I liked that Faison reveal.

That's like the only good thing today. And that I want Jordan's clothes. All of them.

I'd even be willing to put up with Shawn for her wardrobe. 

Ahhh, AH and his crazy hair is back. I love the crazy psycho. Faison and Carlos Hesser are the villains from my youth.

What does it say when I am more excited to see AH than TG.

Is says you gave great taste in bad guys! (They are the bad guys of my youth too)

• Love 2

Wait, has Ava ever been in the same room as Fluke?  Because Fluke mentioning being gone for 6 months opens up the door to Ava being Fluke, and she had to ditch the disguise once she started showing.  

Not that I think it would matter to Ron if we had all clearly seen Ava and Fluke on screen at the same time if he did want to do that (not that I genuinely think it will be Ava).  

Fluke being Ava would make Fluke's lecherous overtures toward Kiki about a zillion times more disturbing than they already (considerably) were...

• Love 1

So is Ric on his way back or will Ron come up with another bullshit reason for why he can't come back?

I hope with this Fluke crap is done Jordan gets to remain a DEA agent. IT would suck if she had to go work for the incompetent PCPD.

Why am I supposed to think Dr. O is Super Amazing and Awesome and Clever? She's pinning away for some crazy dude with out of control hair who wouldn't spit on her if she were on fire. He wanted her to wear a face mask of another woman during sex for fucks sake. She's a desperate pathetic loser.

Already tired of this Larry person.