Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I always like Ryan and William's scenes together, they play very well off one another. 

I enjoyed those scenes other.  I could not help but note the contrast between the warm rapport between Julian and his son, and how Michael wanted nothing to do with greaseball thug who raised him.

Michael played Silas pitch perfectly today I thought. Half of the time he was staring at Ava like she'd grown two heads and the rest of the time he appeared to be thinking "I have really got to get a peep hole for that door...".

I also liked how he was so in way over his head and knew it.  Of the three actors brought over from OLTL, ME was one who fit in with the cast right away, and he still continues to fit in well with the other GH folks.  My theory is because he was clearly an afterthought as far as Ron was concerned (both times), so people had a chance to get used to him, rather than have him be presented as the big star of the show or the ingenue who everyone MUST love straight off.

I can't help it, I thought RoHo and MSt did a fantastic job today.  I can really see how, if developed properly, NiCo could have been one of the best couples on GH.  As it is, I can only enjoy their scenes for the charisma and chemistry they both bring when they are "on", and not for anything else.

• Love 3

I can't help it, I thought RoHo and MSt did a fantastic job today.  I can really see how, if developed properly, NiCo could have been one of the best couples on GH.  As it is, I can only enjoy their scenes for the charisma and chemistry they both bring when they are "on", and not for anything else.

OMG. I feel like I am being toyed with or something.

My theory is because he was clearly an afterthought as far as Ron was concerned (both times)

I dunno about afterthought when it came to John McBain, with the immediate "OMG Sam and John have A CONNECTION!!!" stuff.

• Love 2
My theory is because he was clearly an afterthought as far as Ron was concerned (both times)
I dunno about afterthought when it came to John McBain, with the immediate "OMG Sam and John have A CONNECTION!!!" stuff.

Yeah. And I remember the first case he was on with Dante, all of a sudden Dante had to be reminded to be quiet before entering a suspect's hotel room. I liked the two together later on but there definitely was a "let McBain show all the other cops how it's done" vibe at first.

And if I was a Jasam fan I would have been enraged because of the connection bullshit. Sam's very first line to him was "I know you!" 

That said, Silas/Easton definitely fits in better, but that's not saying much compared to Franco and Kiki. But I find him inoffensive.

• Love 1

No, Shawn said Thomas was a good man, who was aiming his gun at Shawn while confronting him about the affair. He couldn't convince Thomas to put the gun down, "knew" he was about to shoot and so it was either his life or Shawn's ... so the shooting was in 'self-defense.' They held onto the Friendly Fire story to honor the memory of Thomas; only Shawn knew otherwise. They assured TJ his dad died a hero.

Oh, well, that's what I get for saying what I did, when I didn't watch the episode, but was going based on the posts I'd read.

That said, color me stupid, but I thought "Friendly Fire" meant accidentally killing an ally, thinking they were the enemy. But based on what Shawn told TJ, this doesn't seem to be the case of Friendly Fire AT ALL. Or wait, did that douchnenozzle just change that part of the story, to, your fatha wasagonnakillmesoIhadtokillhimfirst?

And FUCK. That SheBeast isn't going to prison?! What did that moobster say? That he forced/coerced her to keep the sekrit? As far as I'm concerned, that shouldn't matter, and shit like this is something he should have told Diane, who would have used it at court or something. Oh, wait. I forgot who's writing this show.

Too bad no Judge Country. I don't think it would have been a conflict of interest, after all, those of us familiar with the School of Law & Order, have seen the same judge preside over arraignments where they were trial judges for people within the same family, if you will. But then again, the douchenozzle that runs this show is a maroon and igoranamas.  But based on the comments I'm reading, I understand the arraignment judge is also awesome?

I'll have to catch up on the last two days tomorrow.

• Love 1

That said, color me stupid, but I thought "Friendly Fire" meant accidentally killing an ally, thinking they were the enemy. But based on what Shawn told TJ, this doesn't seem to be the case of Friendly Fire AT ALL. Or wait, did that douchnenozzle just change that part of the story, to, your fatha wasagonnakillmesoIhadtokillhimfirst?

Yeah.  In both versions of the story, Shawn's platoon was ambushed by the enemy.  In the first version, Shawn accidentally killed TJ's "father (c'mon, that belongs in quotes) during the ambush.  In the version he spun the other day, he was forced to shoot TJ's "father" and then the ambush happened.

• Love 2

Yeah.  In both versions of the story, Shawn's platoon was ambushed by the enemy.  In the first version, Shawn accidentally killed TJ's "father (c'mon, that belongs in quotes) during the ambush.  In the version he spun the other day, he was forced to shoot TJ's "father" and then the ambush happened.

That just so fucking lazy. But that's nothing new with this regime. Why do I bother to froth and foam over stories I don't give any figgety fucks about?

• Love 3
And they're already trying to revise the history.  The flashbacks focused on poor, teary-eyed Nina saying that she loves Silas and did all she did to make him happy and make their marriage work and I guess we're supposed to think Silas is just a big stinking meanie.

But of course, no mention of the variety of crap she's pulled.  Or, heck, that her original motivation when she came to town was just to torch Silas' life.

Those flashbacks were from Nina's POV, and I took them as her realizing that what Franco was telling her—the baby isn't hers, her marriage is over—was true. She was realizing nothing in those scenes were what she wanted them to be.

Oh yeah, and there's no way that all the cops at the PCPD don't know who Olivia is. They're probably all used to ignoring her phone calls by now.

The lockup cop must have been a temp.

• Love 1
A little something inside me dies every time I read someone close to tolerating Nina and or Franco. Let alone like or enjoy them.

OMG. I feel like I am being toyed with or something.

Not to be rude, but this is a message board and you will likely get differing opinions, many of them you might not like. I don't think its fair to call out posters for having unpopular opinions. This shouldn't become an echo chamber where everyone hears the same thing over and over again, or a place where posters  with differing opinions feel discouraged to post. I think comments like these dont help or encourage dialogue, which is what these boards are for.

• Love 14

Those flashbacks were from Nina's POV, and I took them as her realizing that what Franco was telling her—the baby isn't hers, her marriage is over—was true. She was realizing nothing in those scenes were what she wanted them to be.

But the presentation of those flashbacks was still meant to make us, the viewer, feel bad for Nina ("Look how sad and teary she is!  She just wants to be loved!  Forget about all the crazy shit she did!  Forgeeeeeeeeeet!")

But I don't.

• Love 5
Why do I bother to froth and foam over stories I don't give any figgety fucks about?

I call that the "Ron Effect".

Even when it's shit you shouldn't be bothered with just the way he writes it is so annoying and contrived and pointless, coupled with the fact that he can't even get it right if and when you do care, it just can't be helped I find.

The Nina and Franco scenes...I know they happened but I'd prefer if they hadn't.

I also liked how he was so in way over his head and knew it

Michael's faces during the whole exchange with Ava begging him to come on the search with her were priceless. He knows it's a terrible idea but hey, it's an adventure and a baby needs them so why the hell not. At least he's doing something that doesn't involve pining after Sam or having to deal with his terrible offspring.

Although it would make sense that Silas would tell Kiki that he and Ava are leaving to search for the baby, just to keep her in the loop, so I wonder how Ava will cover that up. Or will the show just skip all of that and go straight to the road-trip.

And really does Ava have no contacts in the mob left to lean on? I guess Carrrrrlos really was her only friend.

• Love 2
But the presentation of those flashbacks was still meant to make us, the viewer, feel bad for Nina ("Look how sad and teary she is!  She just wants to be loved!  Forget about all the crazy shit she did!  Forgeeeeeeeeeet!")

But I don't.

Oh, I don't, either. I find it really offensive that Nina is totally nuts and has baby rabies. I just disagree what the flashbacks were supposed to do.

I can really see how, if developed properly, NiCo could have been one of the best couples on GH.

I completely disagree. Unless you mean that RoHo wouldn't be playing Franco and MS wouldn't be playing the insane The Nina. If Nina was just a woman who woke from a 20 year coma and RC was writing this as an actual storyline about that and RoHo was playing Dr Tom Hardy who was helping her. There would be potential there because the actors do work well together. Sadly, that's not what we have here. It's just two idiot characters who are insane running around being played by actors who overact a majority of the time.

RC simply doesn't have it in him to write a 'real' story (or as real as a soap can get). He just doesn't. It's camp, stupid and insta love.

• Love 10

Not to be rude, but this is a message board and you will likely get differing opinions, many of them you might not like. I don't think its fair to call out posters for having unpopular opinions. This shouldn't become an echo chamber where everyone hears the same thing over and over again, or a place where posters  with differing opinions feel discouraged to post. I think comments like these dont help or encourage dialogue, which is what these boards are for.

You are absolutely correct and I apologize, it wasn't my intention to call out people with differing opinions. I so feel strongly about Nina and Franco passing for legitimate anything, couple or characters, so I react before I think.  

The thought of them becoming permanent acceptable fixtures on my show fill me with blind rage. But that is my problem to work on. I shouldn't take it out on anyone but RC :)

I completely disagree. Unless you mean that RoHo wouldn't be playing Franco and MS wouldn't be playing the insane The Nina. If Nina was just a woman who woke from a 20 year coma and RC was writing this as an actual storyline about that and RoHo was playing Dr Tom Hardy who was helping her. There would be potential there because the actors do work well together. 

I agree. Though I wouldn't use idiots to describe Nina and Franco. Idiots I can laugh at, if not with, every once in a while. I have never cracked a smile in reaction to them and don't see myself ever doing so.

• Love 8
I mean, of course she covered for Sonny in this. AJ dying was a turn on for her.

That was one of the grossest parts of this whole thing.  She found him killing AJ to be some kind of aphrodisiac and couldn't wait to jump on board the mini-moobster.  I really hope that realize that angle - not only did she cover for Sonny, but it turned her on.  She wasn't misguidedly trying to keep Michael from being hurt, she was fucking horny over his father's death and couldn't keep her panties on around the man who killed him.  

• Love 6

I guess getting Brad's dick on the regular has made Lucas very cathartic to his family and their needs (can I SEE some of that action though, show?). But the days are passing and Lucas is still NOT working at GH. WHY? How long will this drag on? Patrick and Lucas both need friends and with Patrick newly re-instated, why not bond these two former THOTs.

I loved the Lucas & Julian scenes, and thought the show over all was good. I didn't even mind Nina all that much today. Today being the operative word.

• Love 1
And would Silas really be shocked that Ava's escape is front-page news?

I didn't really pay attention to anything that happened today besides the Lucas/Julian stuff, but I got the impression that Silas has no idea that Ava murdered Connie and is on the run from the police.  He just thinks she is running from Sonny.  I doubt he'd help her if he knew. 

I am SO tired of this Fluke nonsense, and am SO bored by Sam's stuff in it that I was excited for a second when Silas mentioned calling Sam to help find the baby.  I was all for it, anything to get her away from the terrible s/l she is trapped in.  Even SamTrick is not enough to keep me interested, and it makes me sad.  Ho hum. 

• Love 1

^^ Don't worry about not being interested.  I'm down to watching the opening 45 seconds, scan through, watch the Q's if they're on, go to the very end and wait for the next day's coming attractions.  If a pop quiz is given I'd have to sneak out of the classroom and hide in the bathroom.  I will not even try to keep track of "every story line is related".  I'm enjoying Lord Ashton.  He's pepped up the mansion and he's good with Tracy.

Edited by TessHarding2

And they're already trying to revise the history.  The flashbacks focused on poor, teary-eyed Nina saying that she loves Silas and did all she did to make him happy and make their marriage work and I guess we're supposed to think Silas is just a big stinking meanie.

But of course, no mention of the variety of crap she's pulled.  Or, heck, that her original motivation when she came to town was just to torch Silas' life.

True, but I can forgive it since I am fine with any character torching Silas's life.

Yeah. And I remember the first case he was on with Dante, all of a sudden Dante had to be reminded to be quiet before entering a suspect's hotel room. I liked the two together later on but there definitely was a "let McBain show all the other cops how it's done" vibe at first.

And if I was a Jasam fan I would have been enraged because of the connection bullshit. Sam's very first line to him was "I know you!" 

That said, Silas/Easton definitely fits in better, but that's not saying much compared to Franco and Kiki. But I find him inoffensive.

I need Silas gone so I can enjoy the show again. The whole story and Frank's salivating over it ruined OLTL's ending for me, so I am fine with everything they tried to do with Easton failing. Serves them right. ;)

• Love 1

I will be interested (read: enraged) to find out how Sam and Patrick get into the safe deposit box tomorrow. You don't just need the key, there is a card you have to sign every time you access the box. I used to have to access a safe deposit box regularly for work and I remember a huge hassle one time when they thought my signature didn't match up. There may also be ID involved, I really don't remember. Oh well, at least they are not calling it a safety deposit box like during the Balkan storyline. That was rage-making.

• Love 1

Did Ava raid Nina's closet for clothes?

There's no way that a petite gal like Ava could fit into the She-Giant's clothes. I'm fanwanking that she got Julian to go home and get her some and gave them to her offscreen before he left the hospital. But really, Julian? I was liking you so much, and then you throw Ava under the bus to Olivia? Bah. Go sit in the corner and do situps, at least I can enjoy you that way.

You know who's been getting a real slow build? Morgan and Kiki. They've been setting their re-union for over 6 months now, ever since Kiki went to Morgan about Fluke. blurgh.

Shut up, Shut Up, SHUT UP!!! Yes, I had to repeat it like Nina, because I am beyond nauseous at this statement. I know it's coming eventually, probably when they raise Ava's baby together. I cannot believe this is what I'm reduced to in watching this show. Oh, wait a minute, yes I can. Because it's Ron, and he will never let me have nice things.

Can't Ava call one of her mob goons to help her? Silas is a little better than Morgan but he still doesn't have the power to save her if one of Sonny's goons finds her.

Didn't they all die in the shootout?

A little something inside me dies every time I read someone close to tolerating Nina and or Franco. Let alone like or enjoy them.

Like, RC must not be validated with regard to those two. Ever!

If it makes you feel any better, I will never NEVER root for these two. I'm disgusted at them today. Listen batshit crazy She-Wench, just because no one else seems to care that you drugged Ava, put your hands all over her when she would never want you to lay a finger on her, and then inject her to force her to deliver the world's biggest premature baby, that doesn't mean I don't. I care, and I do not forget. Rot in hell. And take your psychopath SERIAL KILLER with you. I don't care if RH and MSt were more tolerable today, it doesn't make their characters the new shining beacon of hope.

Okay, enough of me talking about Ava. Let's see, what else do I have over the last two days? STFU Olivia, I'm pretty sure I would have mentioned that. Carly being denied bail was beautiful, but this BS about Sonny falling on his sword for her was nauseating. Be a damn mother already.

Shawn/Jordan/TJ - I've always been a fan of TR, so I agree with all the good things said. But poor TJ, he got gypped. The kid wanted to just go and study, and then his mom and probably dad just fucked him over royally with this news. Get her away from Shawn, please.

Very UO - but I hated Michael, Morgan and Kiki. I wanted a bomb to explode in the room they were in. All three are smug, self-righteous asshats.

I love KG and Dr. O, but she isn't endearing herself to me with this schtick against Anna. Once again, Ron ruins a good thing with their scenes.

There's more, but I'm too tired and I just don't care.

• Love 8
If it makes you feel any better, I will never NEVER root for these two. I'm disgusted at them today. Listen batshit crazy She-Wench, just because no one else seems to care that you drugged Ava, put your hands all over her when she would never want you to lay a finger on her, and then inject her to force her to deliver the world's biggest premature baby, that doesn't mean I don't. I care, and I do not forget. Rot in hell. And take your psychopath SERIAL KILLER with you. I don't care if RH and MSt were more tolerable today, it doesn't make their characters the new shining beacon of hope.

Marry me, tvgoddess. Like, right now.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 3

But the days are passing and Lucas is still NOT working at GH. WHY? How long will this drag on?

In all fairness, only 4 or 5 days have passed in Port Chuckles since it was revealed Lucas is a doctor in early Oct our time. And one of those days was Carey's wedding and took two full weeks our time.

I agree posters shouldn't be called out. But just because a lot of people agree on one thing, that doesn't make it an echo chamber, it just means they agree. What was the dialogue you had in mind?

Judge Chua will always hold a special place in my heart for denying Carly bail. Sure, it lasted ten minutes, but still, she denied Carly bail! I just wish she had read Carly's full name: Caroline 'Carly Roberts' Benson Quatermaine Corinthos Corinthos Corinthos Alcazar Corinthos Jacks Jacks.

Do you know if your cousin is going to be on again?

tiger, loved that full name!   And it WAS satisfying to hear even a fleeting denial of bail.  

Carly spoils grown men as if they were babies (and in fact they usually are) -- Sonny, Franco, Michael et al -- but when her current favorite explained to her with his upturned eyebrows (showing sincerity) that he ALSO had to kill her fiance Franco to protect them both, she was all understanding and sort of OK with it if that's what Sonny needed to do.  It all depends on her current emotions and needs.  An amoral character with -some- sense of 'right' that's easily overridden.

No idea if my cousin will show up again -- she's been on duty several times for the hearings, including AJ's, so I imagine she will be back.  Saw her in a nanosecond part in Revenge during the time Victoria was giving up her baby.  And on ER during which I thought she looked like my cousin and wondered why she didn't get that part (and it was her).  They change the makeup a lot for all these shows.

Very UO - but I hated Michael, Morgan and Kiki. I wanted a bomb to explode in the room they were in. All three are smug, self-righteous asshats

I couldn't agree more. All three were so unlikeable to me, and they just keep repeating themselves , "Oh Michael why are you still soooo mad at me/us??", "You're both so stupid and dumb and stupid, like really stupid, really", "Mickey come onnnn man"... I was already sick of hearing it all the very first time.

And of course Morgan still doesn't give a damn he gave Ava up to Sonny and I guess Kiki has hand waved that off as well now that she knows about Connie. They both deserve hard cracks to their craniums with a heavy mallet. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

If Nina was just a woman who woke from a 20 year coma and RC was writing this as an actual storyline about that and RoHo was playing Dr Tom Hardy who was helping her. There

I will never understand how something so obvious and with so much potential, RoHo coming back as Tom Hardy, was not used: instead we got Franco, a dead end character that it seems very few viewers are interested in.  Seriously any poster on this forum could easily write this show better.

• Love 3

Just caught up on yesterday's show. Which, incidentally, took all of 6 minutes (three if you don't count the Hulu commercials).

1. Dr. O in Anna's chair. I get it. It's supposed to make us all either: 1) Secretly cheer on the oh-so-cool baddie Dr. O; or 2) Seethe on Anna's behalf, because any emotional reaction is a good reaction. It just makes me roll my eyes. Suuuuuuure, Dr. O can sit around a police commissioner's office where confidential police files are sitting on the desk. Oh, how far this show has fallen.

I miss the days when Anna would have swung around in Dr. O's chair and then arrested her, for good.

2. Aww, Nina has a sad. Not that heard one note of dialogue, but her scenes were so long one could get the gist either through FF'ing.

3. Shut up Olivia! And I still say that even though I hit the Spencer button after the third syllable (my reflexes are slowing with age).

4.  I'm over the Fluke storyline. Ashton is no great addition to it. 

• Love 3

Isn't Tom Hardy still married to Simone. Personally, I thought that was the reason RoHo wasn't brought on as Tom.

He could have been Steven Webber thou. Still a doctor and related to Heather. Steve also had a history with Carly.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1
 I loved the Lucas & Julian scenes

I thought they were a little WTF, honestly. Lucas jumped on the "I believe you" train a little to quickly for my taste. He barely knows Julian. He was shot because of Julian. I think a little caution is necessary. But I was thrilled that he didn't call Julian "Dad."

When I was watching NiCo yesterday (don't judge) I could see an end to Franko.  Sure Nina looked like she was coming to a realization, but she has used that trick before to shut someone up.  I can see her going nuts on Franko when he is sleeping or has his back turned.

Something I forgot to mention yesterday - while she's obviously lying (oh Britt, girl...), what Britt said to Nikolas comparing their crazy families and that, despite all they've done, there's still some pull and loyalty to them deep down was interesting.  And it just made me reflect all over again on the wasted potential of this couple, of how they would have made a great adventure couple dealing with their crazy families' shenanigans and trying to do better.  But alas.

• Love 5

Isn't Tom Hardy still married to Simone. Personally, I thought that was the reason RoHo wasn't brought on as Tom.

Their relationship was rocky at best last time the characters were on Tom was involved with Felecia and Simone with Justus

Hahaha, it's all coming back to me now. You all are right. I could have sworn Liz said the we're working together in Africa during the 50th anniversary.

I still think RoHo should've been Steven Webber. I don't want to see Tom Hardy back without Tommy Jr in tow.

My Aunt was asking me about yesterday's show and I could barely remember who was on and what happened.

what Britt said to Nikolas comparing their crazy families and that, despite all they've done, there's still some pull and loyalty to them deep down was interesting.

Britt has had extremely limited contact with Faison, and she didn't even know he was her father until he popped up two years ago. And he didn't want much to do with her because of being a girl child, and she's heard what terrible things he's done. This plus the fact that Liesl is blackmailing Britt into cooperating makes me side eye her "He's my father" reasoning. It would make more sense if she and Faison had developed some sort of relationship, however tenuous, before all this, because the idea of coming to terms with crazy family members is interesting. It just doesn't work for me in this case.

NiCo=Nik/Courtney. We need a new nickname. (Maybe? Maybe most people don't think Nik and Courtney when they see that now. My brain still goes straight there though.)

How about "Freaks"?

"Scrubs" was no part of either Patrick or Robin's names but it worked because they are both doctors. Well here, Franco and Nina are both freaks. I'd also be down "Annoying", "Fastforward" and "Pets".

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

I thought Nik and SWMNBN was Hulkamania, Brother!

That was their hater name :p

Speaking of . . . 

How about "Freaks"?

"Scrubs" was no part of either Patrick or Robin's names but it worked because they are both doctors. Well here, Franco and Nina are both freaks. I'd also be down "Annoying", "Fastforward" and "Pets".

That can be the hater version. :)

This plus the fact that Liesl is blackmailing Britt into cooperating makes me side eye her "He's my father" reasoning..

Oh, as I said, she's obviously lying.  She needed some kind of excuse as to why she's suddenly signed off on Sloane's investigation.  What I was saying is that that idea  COULD have been an interesting foundation for Britt and Nikolas as a couple, two people with family backgrounds littered with crazies.  It could have been a great story engine for them, but alas.

I'm pretty sure that Britt always knew that Faison was her father.  I remember her ranting about how he never seemed interested in her when she was a child.

Yeah, Britt has always known.  I'm sure, in the limited time she spent with Liesel during her childhood, Muter would go on and on about Faison.

And I like how realistic her reaction to him is.  Unlike, say, Rex Balsom on OLTL, who found out murdering, raping cult leader Mitch Laurence was his father and was like, "I need to meet my papa now!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I thought Nik and SWMNBN was Hulkamania, Brother!

This still makes me laugh uncontrollably. Every time I see it I hear Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage's voice in my head.

I do remember NiCo being used for Nik and Courtney. I understand because I still can't call FauxLuke Fluke because Fluke = Flea/Luke to me.

• Love 3