Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Duke, Milo, Max and I believe Epiphany are all barely recurring (to the best of my knowledge IB is recurring, anyway). Those are not cuts that affect the bottom line. Neither Max nor Milo nor Epiphany are going anywhere - they do not command major money or airtime, ever.

Edited by jsbt

I think Duke will be the only one going to prison for AJ's murder. Sure, tons will get arrested, but Duke is imo going to Pentonville. Sabrina may go to Pentonville or girl Pentonville too. Dr O knows about the medicine mistake. If that doesn't happen, then we can add Carrrlos to the list and send them to Puerto Rico together. I think this Fluke stuff is TG's swan song. So I won't be shocked to see Lucky make a funeral appearance then come back in the summer when Nik ships off. Then Liz gets closure etc. The door is open for a Lucky recast when the budget is open. I also see Britt getting killed this winter. Why? Emmy deadlines. Max and Milo will just fade out.

Tomorrow I will hate Franco.

Tomorrow I will loathe Franco.

Tomorrow I will despise Franco.

But today?

Today Franco is my BIG DAMN HERO!!!

I have been waiting almost twenty years - twenty long, excruciating years - for Carly to finally get even a little bit of the comeuppance she deserves and I floved every single second of watching her life turn into the Hindenberg today.  The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have the incomparable Sarah Joy Brown as Carly watching her life fall apart in front of her eyes.  I know it won't last long, so I am going to savor every single moment of Carly's pain and humiliation while I can.

Well done, Ron, well done.  For today at least.

I definitely think TeCa's next. 

From the way the plot seems to be going, I suspect that Carlos will be released from prison and he will reunite with Sabrina, then they will both ride off into the sunset for a HEA. 

• Love 18

Anna-Duke scenes were good. And while I know Anna should dump his ass, the scene today was so subtle yet filled with emotion, it made me sad for the couple

The subtle was great to me, considering the rest is all so over the top dumb. I don't like that Duke has been relegated to defending Sonny to the bitter end. Uggghh!

Gross. And Sean Kanan was not hot enough for you, Ron? For reals?

What that sweaty greasy orange moobster doesn't do anything for you?!? Compared to fat SK?!? I repeat RC is an ass.

• Love 7

I was annoyed with Scott trying to be all "My Son! My Son!" Shut up, Brillohead! No one buys that relationship.

It's being played all wrong. Scott should be wanting as little interaction as possible.

Seriously, though, I love how Dr. O is ready to give the patient a boot because he A) made fun of her, and B) is friendly with the nurse she doesn't like, and somehow Liz is just the worst for pushing back on that.

What I think is dumb is that Jakson looks ready to leave the hospital. Dr. O is leaning on the "he's cost us too much money" too heavily, but it's not as if Jakson is still hooked up to even an IV. And Dr. O is right in that it's not her problem that he has no place to stay. Plus, how else would Ron get his plot point of Jakson and Liz moving in so Sam can feel conflicted when she finally learns that Jason is alive?

Her smugness that she was right about how great Franco is got wiped right off her face today.

Lauren was as stupid as Carly to believe Franco was a good guy. No sympathy from me here. It's all about the KA/RH real-life relationship, not any logical character behavior.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

What I think is dumb is that Jakson looks ready to leave the hospital. Dr. O is leaning on the "he's cost us too much money" too heavily, but it's not as if Jakson is still hooked up to even an IV. And Dr. O is right in that it's not her problem that he has no place to stay.

Exactly.  If he's well enough to crack jokes and steal art supplies, he's fine to be discharged.

• Love 1

I have been waiting almost twenty years - twenty long, excruciating years - for Carly to finally get even a little bit of the comeuppance she deserves and I floved every single second of watching her life turn into the Hindenberg today. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have the incomparable Sarah Joy Brown as Carly watching her life fall apart in front of her eyes. I know it won't last long, so I am going to savor every single moment of Carly's pain and humiliation while I can.

I HEAR YOU!! It's really the most amazing thing ever to watch. Cherry on top would have been if Robin was there. Whenever KMc comes back, I'm gonna need a Michael/Robin scene. And not one where she has to emphasize again that she didn't want to "take him away from Jason" and kisses Kiki's ass like last time....ugh.

• Love 5

@Bawoman

SBr's and TB's versions were never this stupid. Hell, not even JB's batshitcrazy version was this stupid. But LW's version has always been a bit of an idiot. This shit with Freakco however, not even Joey Tribiani and Rose Nylund would have fallen for it.

• Love 7

Franco doesn't know that Kiki knew about Sonny killing AJ, right?  So I wonder how that'll come out.  Will the stupid bitch let it slip somehow?

I'm also curious how Bobbie's going to react to this bombshell.  Will she be the one to break the news to her pal Monica?

• Love 3

What that sweaty greasy orange moobster doesn't do anything for you?!? Compared to fat SK?!? I repeat RC is an ass.

SK's better off anyway, he looks great on B&B too. It's  RC and ABC's loss while they think Sonny is appealing.  CBS has B&B scooping up Quartermaines who actually interact with each other (SK, Rena Sofer and Scott Clifton) while RC spits on them. 

• Love 3

Dude , Kiki gave herself up when she was pulling Micheal and saying "Let's go omg no Franco! "

I actually thought her efforts to get him out that room were startlingly lackluster considering she knew what that final bombshell was going to be.  Who knows if it even registered with Michael.

I cannot WAIT until it's Kiki's turn to get ripped to shreds by Michael.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Was it Max who got shot in the previews? Is that just now something Ron is going to start doing with him? When someone around Sonny must take a bullet, that sadly isn't him, Max is getting a one way ticket to the GH ER?

• Love 1

Yeah pretty sure Max was shot...again. so I guess he'll recuperate at Diane's house...again. I actually feel bad for Derk Cheetwood. He's a decent enough actor and yet he's made to look completely stupid as Max.

• Love 3

I thought CD's face at the very end when Sonny admits to shooting AJ was pitch perfect.  It was absolute stunned shock and horror.

He was great.  What made it so sad, yet awesome, was Michael didn't see the train coming.  He still didn't get it, even after hearing Sonny fucked Ava on AJ's grave.   RH was awesome because during a reveal like this, I don't even think of him as Franco or even Todd.  He's just a dude who's great at reveals. 

This reveal should be the bomb that keeps exploding as Michael flashes back to every little moment of these assholes called parents mind fucking him.

• Love 6
How is Sonny still alive?  As far as I can tell, his protection is Max and Shawn.  I mean, come on.

\

He's like some sort of illness or virus which they haven't yet come up with a vaccine for. That's about all I can reasonably come up with. He really isn't a living human being, he's a walking, talking germ that no one has figured out immunity against just yet. So we all suffer...what fun.

• Love 4

I have begun to legit wonder about Sabrina finally getting it these last couple months. But then, I've wondered before. Same goes for Silas, Franco, Kiki, etc. I think Sabrina and Britt are both more likely to go now than the dread trio. I do wonder when Ron finally gave up.

Sabrina has to do time for the drug switch.  Dr. O was on the war path for that.

Maybe Joss shot Max when she found out that Sonny was only giving out bite sized candy bars?

• Love 2

Sabrina has to do time for the drug switch.  Dr. O was on the war path for that.

Maybe Joss shot Max when she found out that Sonny was only giving out bite sized candy bars?

LOL pretty sure it was Heather that shot Max shes a better hitman than Jason and shawn put together.Maybe sonny should hire her lol.

• Love 3

The only thing that would make today's show worthwhile to me would be Sonny and Nina getting killed in hail of bullets in the very near future. 

Having poor MW slither around on the floor while that horrible Michelle Stafford screeched at her?  Having Maurice Bernard stutter about the necessity of his character killing yet another woman?  Who the fuck thinks this shit is entertaining?

There is something seriously wrong with Ron and Frank.

I am very close to giving this show up again.

• Love 9

Oh, how I hope that Sonny getting to Ava will be delayed by Max getting shot (inside of Sonny's house! Crack security squad. Hilarious.).  Which, if so, I have to (reluctantly) tip my hat to the show - they had me convinced that Sonny was going to save Ava, and if he doesn't, they will have fooled me.  In a very good way.

Damn I hate Sonny so much it's unhealthy.

Table for two, please!

I have watched every day but I honestly do not remember when or how Kiki found out about Sonny and A.J.

She overheard Carly and Sonny talking about it.  In (I think) Michael's office at ELQ, because everyone on this show is stupid.

It's just a whole bunch of shit-ass people doing shit-ass things and lying to everyone about it.

True of every soap ever, isn't it?​

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

I must be crazy because I just rewatched this horror. One thing that I noticed was as Franco was revealing the truth LW's skin kept on getting redder and redder. I don't know if it was make-up or some fine acting on LW's part.

If Morgan thinks that it is fine that Sonny kills Ava because of Kannie; will he think that it is fine when and/or if when Michael goes after Sonny.

• Love 2

I hope Sonny, Carly, Duke, Sean, Ava, Nina, Madeline, Max, Milo, Fluke and Luke all end up in prison.   That way General Hospital could have another spinoff called General Population.  We have the inmates cast, who would be the guards, counselors, medical staff and warden.  Any suggestions?

• Love 11
I have watched every day but I honestly do not remember when or how Kiki found out about Sonny and A.J.

She found out when Morgan did, when Ava told them both why Sonny was attempting to kill her.

One thing that I noticed was as Franco was revealing the truth LW's skin kept on getting redder and redder. I don't know if it was make-up or some fine acting on LW's part.

I noticed that too.  I've never really noticed whether LW had much talent or not, and that's completely because of how much I loathe the character she portrays.   If LW can put her heart and soul into this, then I give her credit.

I also noticed that MB just gets oranger and oranger.  And his "walk" today was hilarious.  He was strutting around, his legs spread apart as if the Corinthos jewels are just to large to be contained.  Now if he was able to convince the audience of THAT, then I'd say MB had some talent too.  

But he just looked like he was chafing and needed some baby powder.  

Just imagine the scent of Coppertone filling that sound stage as MB "emotes" with these scenes.....

• Love 6
It's just a whole bunch of shit-ass people doing shit-ass things and lying to everyone about it.
True of every soap ever, isn't it?​

In a word, no.

I was being silly when I said it, but upon more reflection, terrible people being terrible is pretty much a staple of soaps.  So I stand by my silly statement.

Kiki overheard Carly and Sonny at Sonny's office at the MC, not Michael's ELQ office. But only about them sleeping together, Ava told Kiki and Morgan about Sonny killing AJ.

Oh, right - thanks for reminding me.  I get so confused about who knew which secret when and how they learned it.​

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 3

The reveal wasn't half bad. I enjoyed watching Carly's world explode. It won't last but I did savor the moment.

Those Anna/Duke scenes were nice an well acted. Why can't we get more scenes like this? Duke doesn't' deserve Anna which breaks the heart of child me who loved Anna & Duke together. (Teenage/adult me has been all about R/A thou).

Liz/Jake is complete FF material.

Watching MW crawl on the floor attempting to get away from Nina was disgusting even in FF.

I'd have preferred seeing Brad & Lucas taking the kids trick or treating over the scenes with Sonny/Morgan, Nina or Liz/Jake.

I hope KT doesn't go away to soon. I like her energy with RP & PS. TeCa, MS, MSt & KA can walk out the door at any moment.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3
I'd have preferred seeing Brad & Lucas taking the kids trick or treating over the scenes with Sonny/Morgan, Nina or Liz/Jake.

Good god yes, me too. I wonder what their costume choices might have been. Knowing Ron and how he loves to beat things into the ground probably something to do with the "Golden Girls" or whatever.

• Love 1
I was being silly when I said it, but upon more reflection, terrible people being terrible is pretty much a staple of soaps.  So I stand by my silly statement.

I didn't mean to come across as snippy. You inadvertently hit on a nerve. Ron has made that point in trying to justify his race to the bottom in terms of all characters doing horrible things so that they can't pass judgment on other characters. Anna can't pass judgment on Duke or Sonny because she attempted to murder Faison. Disney Princess Sabrina can't even pass judgment on Sonny because she tried to kill his child/grandchild.  So we're just left with a steaming pile of sycophants and miscreants.

When I started watching soaps, there was usually a truly evil villain who was destined for capture, some schemers who would win a battle and never a war, and the odd "root for" character who'd go off the deep end into evil acts that would be whitewashed. Alan Quatermaine driven to try to kill Rick and Monica comes to mind. But he failed to succeed, and he suffered the fate of bad karma by falling during a murder attempt and injuring his hand and ruining his career as a surgeon.

Soaps in the 80s, to me, were about heroines and heroes tortured by the bad guy, but prevailing (Hope or Jennifer or Kayla on days or Anna on Gh or Sarah or Viki on OLTL). And while there were grey characters, they did nothing remotely close to what we're seeing today as acceptable behavior. Even Todd, in the early 1990s, went to jail.  The writers at least made an effort to have these bad-but-you-can't-help-but-root-for-them characters pay a little bit (though admittedly never enough) for their crimes.

But the landscape has changed in the 2000s, and it did start in the mid-to-late 1990s. Bad guys prevailed more. "Good" guys started doing more shitty things. It became the age of Sonny and Jason on GH, Todd and Blair on OLTL, Sami and Kristen on Days.  And I've hated nearly every step of this downward spiral, and I'd like to say it's telling that we've gone from 10 to 12 soaps in the 1990s to 4 now. And two of those four have had cancellation reprieves at different times (Days in 2003 and GH in 2012). 

Those Anna/Duke scenes were nice an well acted. Why can't we get more scenes like this? Duke doesn't' deserve Anna which breaks the heart of child me who loved Anna & Duke together. (Teenage/adult me has been all about R/A thou).

It's like they are on a different show. YMMV. Ian's "don't work so hard" threat was the best moment he's had since Fonduke.

Can someone explain to me, like I'm Sonny, why Duke would choose to be more loyal to Sonny than to Anna?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 14

When I started watching soaps, there was usually a truly evil villain who was destined for capture, some schemers who would win a battle and never a war, and the odd "root for" character who'd go off the deep end into evil acts that would be whitewashed. Alan Quatermaine driven to try to kill Rick and Monica comes to mind. But he failed to succeed, and he suffered the fate of bad karma by falling during a murder attempt and injuring his hand and ruining his career as a surgeon.

Soaps in the 80s, to me, were about heroines and heroes tortured by the bad guy, but prevailing (Hope or Jennifer or Kayla on days or Anna on Gh or Sarah or Viki on OLTL).

But the landscape has changed in the 2000s, and it did start in the mid-to-late 1990s. Bad guys prevailed more. "Good" guys started doing more shitty things. It became the age of Sonny and Jason on GH, Todd and Blair on OLTL, Sami and Kristen on Days.  And I've hated nearly every step of this downward spiral, and I'd like to say it's telling that we've gone from 10 to 12 soaps in the 1990s to 4 now. And two of those four have had cancellation reprieves at different times (Days in 2003 and GH in 2012).

So This: And what I don't understand is that we have re-entered the age of heroes, yes they are gray, and may even do some horrible things but at the end  of the day they are moral compasses: Arrow is all about Oliver's journey from vigilant to hero. Walking Dead is al about Rick Grimes and his people holding on to their humanity. Heroes are back in style: Darker than they were in the 80's, more conflicted but still heroes. Why have soaps not caught up with this?

While I long for the return of Lucky, GH has in its main cast the ability to do this: Dante and Nathan could be heroes, men doing what is right despite the evil in their genes. Great tales of Nature or nurture could be told, as Mac and Anna emerge as parental figures for the two young officers  standing in opposition and contrast to their parents : Dr O and Sonny. Even "gray" characters like Luke or Scotty could be used to either help the young cops on their hero journey or hold them back depending on the situation.

In stead Nathan is beef cake and Dante is.....I dont know what the hell Dante is.....

• Love 8

Can someone explain to me, like I'm Sonny, why Duke would choose to be more loyal to Sonny than to Anna?

I dunno if it's necessarily about loyalty.  I think Duke realizes his goose is pretty much cooked either way.  Even if he had admitted then and there he had lied for Sonny, Anna might have been able to keep him out of jail, but their relationship would still have been O-V-E-R.  His one hope is that this all kinda blows over, which means sticking to the lie.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

THats what I miss about soaps back in the day most of the characters were decent people who made mistakes.I mean the worse people were probally characters like scotty and Lucy ad Tracy and they weren't evil people.THey was more schemers and manipulaters.

• Love 8

It's like they are on a different show. YMMV. Ian's "don't work so hard" threat was the best moment he's had since Fonduke.

I think like jsbt said . . . bitterness that she let Julian go for the sake of catching Fluke. If I have to fanwank it.

On a shallow note, the completely white hair makes Duke seem even more like a zombie to me.

In stead Nathan is beef cake and Dante is.....I dont know what the hell Dante is.....

I think they consistently present Dante as heroic, if idiotic. I don't think Ron cares much for Sonny or Dante individually, let alone whatever relationship they might have, but just throws in scenes between them once in a while for their fans. (Er, thanks Ron.)

Edited by ulkis

Why did Franco keep throwing Kiki under the bus? I thought he liked her.

Maybe it's supposed to show how "off the rails" Franco is, throwing his BFF Kiki under the bus?

Me, I don't care why he did it, I'm just glad he did.  I can't wait for Kiki to go down HARD for all her lies.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Why did Franco keep throwing Kiki under the bus? I thought he liked her.

Ron needs Micheal to dump Kaka, so he can hook her back up with Morgan. Ron has to tether KA to someone because she can'take act & doesn't fit on GH. And we now know Morgan will forgive and support you,if you have a sadz.

• Love 1
Ron needs Micheal to dump Kaka, so he can hook her back up with Morgan. Ron has to tether KA to someone because she can'take act & doesn't fit on GH. And we now know Morgan will forgive and support you,if you have a sadz.

And Morgan will have to probably find some way to keep her big mouth shut about Sonny's plans to go ahead and off Ava now that he "understands" why his father is stalking a pregnant woman, perhaps mother of his own child, intending to kill her in cold blood.

• Love 1

Michael. Said. "Supposably."

LMAO. I noticed this, too. And I laughed. But otherwise I really think CD was great yesterday. Although his mouth is way too small for his face and it sometimes distracts me, especially when there's a close-up of him.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

And Morgan will have to probably find some way to keep her big mouth shut about Sonny's plans to go ahead and off Ava now that he "understands" why his father is stalking a pregnant woman, perhaps mother of his own child, intending to kill her in cold blood.

Easy peasy. Kaka is unemployed & homeless so all Morgan/Sonny he to do is provide her food, clothing, shelter & a credit card.

B&B does a decent job having the younger set have a profession & work. PPOLTL was good at this too. GH has lost it's way when it comes to characters having jobs,careers or professions. If you don't work at the hospital, for law enforcement or the mob then the characters flounder,ie, Maxie,Lulu,Lucy, Kaka, Morgan,etc.

• Love 3

LMAO. I noticed this, too. And I laughed. But otherwise I really think CD was great yesterday. Although his mouth is way too small for his face and it sometimes distracts me, especially when there's a close-up of him.

Seriously. It's like someone put Betty Boop's lips on the guy. Maybe that's why I can never decide if he's hot or not.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4