Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Robert to Anna: "Don't rewrite history and trash the most important thing in my life"

DNA.... DNA .... DNA ....

If Robin has Robert's DNA, then she can't be Alex's.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, and I'm totally #TeamValentinCallstheFBI and drops the dime on Spencer's election fraud. 

Me, too.  The show can't have it both ways: they can't make me buy into Spencer being "wise beyond his years" and on par with adults and then make me feel bad because an adult is "being mean" to a child. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why do they insist on writing Laura as if she has absolutely no control over Spencer? She's his guardian and controls the purse strings. There's no way he could book travel plans. He's a minor, FFS. GAH.

OMG, this! Laura, you are his loving grandmother the way you always have been, yes, but you (and Kevin, but mostly you) are his guardian/parent now. She needs to start acting like it and she should have enforced consequences the FIRST time Spencer forged her name and escaped his boarding school and flew across the damn country! (By the way, it doesn't say much for the super-high max security boarding school she has him in that a tweenager can escape it multiple times a year. Laura always looks befuddled when he shows up on her doorstep.) Put a limit on his credit cards if he must have some. Make it so that ALL major purchases have to be approved by her first.

It also undercuts the reasoning that Laura/Kevin sent Spencer to boarding school so far away to keep him safe from Valentin if he always comes home and goes after Valentin.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Unless Alex slept with Robert?

True. But how would Robert have met Alex and thought that she was Anna? Also the doctor would have had to implant every memory that Alex had of Robert, working together, marrying Robert, the agent who died, into Anna's brain.

• Love 1

I cannot tolerate weepy Ana anymore. It has been like 2 years of this shit. She and Finn are rivaling Jasam for World's Most Glum Couple! 

Recast Spencer now, the show is dying on the vine and needs Cam and a dashing prince to save it. Why will they not do this. I know they love the actor but they loved little red headed Michael too! JUST DO IT!!!

• Love 8

Not like I needed a drawn-out court case, but it kinda felt like they swept Kevin's culpability under the rug too fast today.  As Kevin himself said, it's kinda ridiculous that all he's getting is a stern talking-to for his part in the deaths of 3 people (and also, I hate how the dead are "3 victims" while not-dead Lulu got mentioned by name, first and last).  And given he's already appealing the hospital, sounds like he won't even get his licence suspended, which is bonkers to me.

I do kinda love that Nora showed up tired/possibly hungover from Matthew and Destiny's engagement party (!) and still trounced the hell out of Margaux.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Why in God’s name is it so important that Robin is the only child either Robert or Anna ever had?

I’ve never understood that obsession of Robert/Anna fans, and actively resent how that obsession further trashed Luke and Laura (admittedly due more to Tony Geary - I am so glad he’s gone!) due to the Ethan factor.

(In my mind, Ethan is either not Holly’s son or Luke without question backed up Holly’s story to protect Robert’s son from the enemies Faison, and Anna by association, was responsible for.)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't know why they are doing this fake-out.  We're getting this retcon of a retcon because the show opened their eyes and saw how much fans hated Anna having slept with Faison/had his horrible son.  So why even tease, hint for a second, the possibility that Robin's parentage is the one who's changing, why rile up fans in the midst of trying to appease them?

Just trying to make some dramatic stakes somewhere, although I guess this is mean of me but I can't believe anyone is getting remotely alarmed by it.

And it's so stupid anyway. Oh no, Robin's bio mom . .  . might have the almost same exact DNA of her aunt/adopted mom.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I cannot tolerate weepy Ana anymore. It has been like 2 years of this shit. She and Finn are rivaling Jasam for World's Most Glum Couple! 

I know they love the actor but they loved little red headed Michael too! JUST DO IT!!!

Oh, there's no "they", it's just FV doesn't want to recast I'm sure. It's so stupid, just give the kid another role.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Hater said:

She must be desperate. What a shitty role.

That's whats weird. EH is hardly desperate, she's loaded and so is her fiance, she owns a salon and seems to be doing GH for kicks apparently.

I think, at least I hope, that she will be redeemed somehow, considering her writting has been so ridiculously bad and she DOES have Sonny on her side. Again I think EH does what she can and I did notice how Margaux was basically in tears at the end of the verdict, but that's not going to be worth anything if that isn't delved into deeper. 

On another related note, I still need it explained to me like I'm 5 how it's stupid that Margaux doesn't want to turn in evidence that will incriminate her mother and what her mother having an affair has to do with anything. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, katie9918 said:

Why in God’s name is it so important that Robin is the only child either Robert or Anna ever had?

I am still annoyed that they killed off her daughter with David on All My Children.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Robin has Robert's DNA, then she can't be Alex's.

If Alex was impersonating Anna and slept with Robert as Anna then Robin could be Alex and Robert's.  That's Anna's concern.  Robin was conceived on Robert and Anna's first mission together.  By what Anna was saying yesterday, they barely knew each other so Robert wouldn't have known the difference between Alex and Anna.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But how would Robert have met Alex and thought that she was Anna? Also the doctor would have had to implant every memory that Alex had of Robert, working together, marrying Robert, the agent who died, into Anna's brain.

Not necessarily.  Going based on what Anna said yesterday, Alex is the one that worked the first mission with Robert, slept with him and conceived Robin.  She was pretending to be Anna.  Then the memory gets implanted into Anna, she thinks she's the one that slept with Robert and conceived Robin.  Alex, meanwhile, goes on with her life.  Robert doesn't know any differently because he didn't know Anna well enough to notice the difference between the woman he slept with on the mission and the woman he saw the next time he saw Anna.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Not necessarily.  Going based on what Anna said yesterday, Alex is the one that worked the first mission with Robert, slept with him and conceived Robin.  She was pretending to be Anna.  Then the memory gets implanted into Anna, she thinks she's the one that slept with Robert and conceived Robin.  Alex, meanwhile, goes on with her life.  Robert doesn't know any differently because he didn't know Anna well enough to notice the difference between the woman he slept with on the mission and the woman he saw the next time he saw Anna.  

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU FRANK!!!!!!!!!!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Love 4
On 4/10/2019 at 10:54 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

As if it were planned.  Kristina was the product of a one-night stand--and is Sonny implying Alexis should've had an abortion?  But, yes, it's always his way or the highway.  Respect the criminal.  UGH!

I unironically loved their scenes that day, but that line was so Sonny. It did bother me a little that newer viewers are going to think she really did "have a baby with him," not that it was a one-night stand, she lied all during the pregnancy that it was Ned's, and she was so dead-set against telling him he was the father that there was time for a fan fantasy episode about him finding out. 

I think what he was implying was that she shouldn't have slept with him, because as we know, that carries an 80% pregnancy risk. The risk increases to 95% if it is the first time a woman has done it. I wouldn't even be surprised if Carly's lawyer from a couple years ago, Martina, comes back with another kid for him to claim. Or...maybe a mysterious 16-year-old boy will show up and get involved in the Cam/Joss set, and his mother will be Claire the federal attorney. She was on the show in 2010-11, but a kid Joss's age would be right on the SORAS schedule. 

• LOL 3
13 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I think what he was implying was that she shouldn't have slept with him, because as we know, that carries an 80% pregnancy risk. The risk increases to 95% if it is the first time a woman has done it.

And it increases to 98% if you're having sex with Sonny.

But, in all seriousness, that is true.  Every time you have sex with someone, you are taking the chance that you will have a child with that person.  So, you have made the choice to possibly have a child.  No excuses.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU FRANK!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is the proper thing to think and say.  But, that was Anna's paranoid fears.  I'm hoping Robert's line that she shouldn't mess with his best memories is the writers sly way of letting us know that they aren't changing Robin's maternity, just taking their sweet ass time getting to the "Peter belongs to Alex" story.  

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do kinda love that Nora showed up tired/possibly hungover from Matthew and Destiny's engagement party (!) and still trounced the hell out of Margaux.

Same here, though at the same time I resent how the Port Charles DA—more often than not a woman—is never successful, regardless of the case. 

I simultaneously intensely dislike Margaux and feel sorry for her.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

I am still annoyed that they killed off her daughter with David on All My Children.

Agreed.  Though I never understood why they didn’t go with Lea as a name instead or Leora.  Finola once said she knew the child was doomed when they named her Leora (my apologies to any Leoras out there). 

I don’t think most RNA fans are hostile to the idea of Anna or Robert having another child in and of itself. It’s that the characters’ lives have been so filled in that no explanation would be consistent with their history.  We met Anna when she was in her early 20s, a hot shot up and coming spy, and it was expressly stated on camera that Robert was her first sexual relationship. We meet Robert a couple years after their break up, as he arrives in Port Charles in, what, late 1980 early 1981? Once Anna arrives, we see their lives play out in real time for the next seven years.  We also got pretty detailed flashback storylines. So it’s impossible to retcon without contradicting canon. More than that, the history laid down was something that many viewers latched on to and appreciated. So shitting all over that would, and should, ruffle some feathers. 

Okay, do I even want to ask how it is that Lulu is Charlotte’s mother? And why did they cast two very similar looking brunettes who — on Fast Forward — resemble Britt?  And there’s a cult? 

I actually did enjoy the scenes with Liz and her son’s teacher, and Nina being the bully-defending mother/bad guy.  It’s actually a good topical storyline that organically works with the characters. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Francie said:

Okay, do I even want to ask how it is that Lulu is Charlotte’s mother?

Stavros Cassadine kidnapped Lulu and then froze her (Coles notes version of the story!!).  Because of the freezing, she only had two good eggs left in her basket, so to speak.  The eggs were retreived (I forget how or why), then stolen.  Dr Obrecht had one egg, which she fertilized and implanted into Britt.  (Britt then pretended Patrick was the baby daddy).  After Ben was born, LIz found out that he was Lante's baby and spilled the beans to Nik, who was dating Britt at the time.  Ben was given back to Lante and renamed Rocco.  

Embryo number two was taken by Helena and fertilized by Valentin.  Valentin took the embryo and implanted it in surrogate Claudette.  Claudette took off with baby Charlotte, then pretended Nathan than Griffin were her baby daddy.  Until Valentin showed up and said he was the baby daddy.  Lulu figured out that Charlotte was hers and so she is.  

49 minutes ago, Francie said:

And why did they cast two very similar looking brunettes who — on Fast Forward — resemble Britt?

I think it's deliberate that Sasha looks so much like Britt.  She's supposed to be Nina's daughter.  Nina is Dr Obrecht's neice.  Britt is Obrecht's daughter and Nina's cousin, so it would make sense that Nina's daughter looks like her cousin.  The weird thing is that Valentin hired Sasha to pretend to be NIna's daughter, so the question is, is she supposed to look like Britt because there really is a connection there, or is it just going to end up being a coicidence.  

51 minutes ago, Francie said:

And there’s a cult? 

Yep.  though the guy who runs it, Shiloh, claims it's just a group of people who do charitable work in town.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Ryan wouldn't have been able to overtake Kevin and kill three people. 

But why not? He most likely would have been placed in the same facility where Kevin stashed him, Kevin would most likely have been visiting him fairly regularly as he sincerely wants to help his brother, and Ryan could have done exactly what he did now - traded places with him.  Everyone in the facility would have still known they were twins and likely wouldn't have thought twice when Dr. Kevin said his brother had to be sedated.

Granted, technically Kevin wouldn't have been allowed to treat his twin brother, but heaven knows these types of things are overlooked right, left and centre on this show.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Katy M said:

all of the sudden we find out that the DNA of the kid is not the same as the parents. So, of course, they suddenly don't know who they are. They were raised by strangers.  Blah blah blah.  Your parents are the people that raised and loved you.  It does not make you a different person

The scenes with Robert and Anna annoyed me because Anna should know better than to let Alex of all people (someone she KNOWS is deceptive) mess with her head. And she is not giving Robert basic credit re: their history. However, this can happen in real life,

My cousins' step dad, who is in his 70s, got into the ancestry investigative/DNA testing thing a couple years ago because a friend was into it. DNA testing within the last year revealed that his dad, the man whose name he inherited and whose name he passed on to his own son, was not his biological father. Both his dad and mom are deceased, so he can't ask/confront them. He is devastated, despite his (now half) brother saying "we're still brothers; this doesn't change anything for me."  He seems to believe that this changes everything, to the point that he's engrossed in the ancestry/DNA stuff and trying to figure out the identity of his biological father. 

Scenes over the years indicate that Anna believed Robin was the one pure thing in her life that she handled well as a young person, up until both she and Robert disappeared. So, in theory, I could see the suggestion that Robin is not her biological daughter as devastating. But setting up the story this way with Alex trying to create doubt just makes Anna look stupid/gullible. 

Speaking of stupid...Maxie being so invested in/having feelings for "Peter" in an attempt by the writers to make him an appealing character. This really comes off as no better than Elizabeth falling in love with Franco, to try to force the audience to think Franco is a good and redeemed guy. I don't buy Maxie falling for the man who's responsible (aside from Faison and Dr. O) for her husband's death/ James growing up without dad any more than I buy Elizabeth falling for the guy who once kidnapped her newborn.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The scenes with Robert and Anna annoyed me because Anna should know better than to let Alex of all people (someone she KNOWS is deceptive) mess with her head. And she is not giving Robert basic credit re: their history. 

I know. I get that Anna is wondering what memories are hers and what aren't, but this whole angst over Robin is driving me nuts. I hate that Anna isn't giving Robert his due.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

but this whole angst over Robin is driving me nuts. I hate that Anna isn't giving Robert his due.

It's such unnecessary, manufactured drama. If the writers pay attention to science at all, Robin the expert research doctor could inform her mother, father, Finn, and anyone else of the term "Fetal microchimerism." If Anna is tested/found to have cells matching Robin's in her body, that is proof that Anna *not Alex* gave birth to Robin. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 4/12/2019 at 4:07 PM, Gam2 said:

I guess at some time on some other show Elizabeth Hendrickson was considered an ok actress but boy, does she stink on this show. 

Her role is terrible. She seems like a little girl playing pretend half the time.

I will add, it's funny watching this episode with a friend of mine who is an assistant DA. Her getting annoyed about how the DA would not be informed with only minutes to spare that she was due in court, that there is no such motion that the defense was going with, and the argument that Ryan was dead so he couldn't be a fugitive was really funny. Maybe I should find a doctor to watch the medical scenes with...

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I did like Robert's "Enough of this crap; I'm going to do something useful. You talk her down, Finn."

He is easily the best part of this fakakta show. I don't get how the writing for him is so good when everyone else's sucks. Maybe it's all ad libed. 

23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, and I'm totally #TeamValentinCallstheFBI and drops the dime on Spencer's election fraud.

I feel oddly about this. I want Spencer to beat Charlotte, Valentin to beat Spencer, Peter to beat Valentin, and life to beat Peter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ulkis said:

Just trying to make some dramatic stakes somewhere, although I guess this is mean of me but I can't believe anyone is getting remotely alarmed by it.

And it's so stupid anyway. Oh no, Robin's bio mom . .  . might have the almost same exact DNA of her aunt/adopted mom.

Exactly...that's the funniest part of this. Not only did Anna raise Robin (at least, since she picked her up from Philomena), but they also share 50% DNA. AND she has memories of giving birth to her. So even if SOMEHOW it was Alex that actually did birth her, that literally changes neither DNA nor Robin's childhood. It's all pretty silly. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

He is easily the best part of this fakakta show. I don't get how the writing for him is so good when everyone else's sucks. Maybe it's all ad libed. 

I think it's because he gets to react to ridiculous soap stuff as ridiculous soap stuff.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think it's because he gets to react to ridiculous soap stuff as ridiculous soap stuff.

I wish all the actors would treat their lines with the same cavalier annoyance that Tristan does.  It’d make for a much more entertaining show. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Francie said:

I wish all the actors would treat their lines with the same cavalier annoyance that Tristan does.  It’d make for a much more entertaining show. 

I think Billy Miller tries but he hits "morose" instead.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

So Alex was the one who took Anna's name for some reason, went on missions with Robert, married him (with Filomena there) still under Anna's name, and gave birth to Robin. Then she suddenly decided that she didn't want either Robert or Robin and passed them on to Anna along with the memories. And Robert didn't notice the difference.

No wonder Robert passed dealing with Anna on to Finn. She's gotten extraordinarily stupid since she's been with the doctor.

1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

Exactly...that's the funniest part of this. Not only did Anna raise Robin (at least, since she picked her up from Philomena), but they also share 50% DNA.

Identical twins, 100% same DNA when the eggs split.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

So Alex was the one who took Anna's name for some reason, went on missions with Robert, married him (with Filomena there) still under Anna's name, and gave birth to Robin. Then she suddenly decided that she didn't want either Robert or Robin and passed them on to Anna along with the memories. And Robert didn't notice the difference.

No wonder Robert passed dealing with Anna on to Finn. She's gotten extraordinarily stupid since she's been with the doctor.

Identical twins, 100% same DNA when the eggs split.

I know... Anna and Alex share 100%, so Robin has 50% "from" Anna regardless of which twin gave birth to her. 

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

So Alex was the one who took Anna's name for some reason, went on missions with Robert, married him (with Filomena there) still under Anna's name, and gave birth to Robin.

From what I gathered from Anna's conversation on Friday (and this could be retconned, I don't know) is that she and Robert had not met before that first mission.  Then they meet, go on the mission together and Robin is conceived.  So it's not like Alex went on a bunch of missions with Robert, then conceived Robin.  

None of it makes any sense and unless they truly are changing Robin's maternity, it's all hand wringing angst to give FH an exit story for her summer vacation(Anna goes off to get the truth fromAlex) and will maybe turn into the true memory, which will be that Peter isn't Anna's after all. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

it's all hand wringing angst to give FH an exit story for her summer vacation

Man, talk about being careful for what you wish for! Remember when we complained that TG's exits were always so slapdash and clumsy? Turns out it doesn't matter when the writers decide to "plan." (Not that I'm surprised.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

it's all hand wringing angst to give FH an exit story for her summer vacation

Oh, I think they're gonna resolve it during the Nurses' Ball episodes.  That's when LWB/FS was unmasked last year and now he'll be revealed to be Alex's child.  And Robin might be on-hand too.

That's also when I think Oscar is going to die, which...the show needs to stop stretching out stories to make it to the Nurses' Ball.  Just tell a story at a normal pace, please.

• Love 3
(edited)

Hell, by Anna's logic, why should she believe ANY of her memories are her own? They could ALL be Alex's! How does she KNOW? Such BULLSHIT. Loved Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! telling her she started it and he's gonna finish it, and he won't let her "trash the best thing that's ever happened" in his life. And she's decided to punish her fucking self. Yeah, yeah, they're twins, but are they stepford twins in that they have the same fucking personality?And if she's questioning that she gave birth to Robin, then why FUCK is she accepting and believing that whiny man-boy is her spawn and not Alex's?

I hate Frank and his hacks so, so, so, so much for even putting this out there. Even though I agree with @TeeVee329 that:

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, I think they're gonna resolve it during the Nurses' Ball episodes.  That's when LWB/FS was unmasked last year and now he'll be revealed to be Alex's child.  And Robin might be on-hand too.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And if she's questioning that she gave birth to Robin, then why FUCK is she accepting and believing that whiny man-boy is her spawn and not Alex's?

Because when Alex was here getting her eye surgery she made a few snide, cryptic comments about Robert. So Anna started thinking that the shared memory was of Robert, which led her down the Robin rabbit hole. If Alex had said anything about Faison, then Anna would have gone down the Peter rabbit hole. 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's also when I think Oscar is going to die, which...the show needs to stop stretching out stories to make it to the Nurses' Ball. 

When is the Nurses Ball, because Oscar looks like he's going to die iminently.  Although iminently on the show can be anywhere from within one episode to 3 months. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Because when Alex was here getting her eye surgery she made a few snide, cryptic comments about Robert. So Anna started thinking that the shared memory was of Robert, which led her down the Robin rabbit hole. If Alex had said anything about Faison, then Anna would have gone down the Peter rabbit hole. 

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I can't HEARRRRRRR YOUUUUUUUU!!!!

And AHA! I found a flaw! Fucking Frank and his hacks. Did Alex also burn her face? The face that ANNA burned when her deception was revealed (even if it was offscreen and presumably she was pregnant at the time) and remember, she didn't get that fixed until years later. So there's your fucking proof, Anna. Find doctors and nurses who can confirm that a woman with half her face burned gave birth. Unless of course, that's a FAKE memory too. Of course, all she has to do is go to a plastic surgeon who can do whatever tests to show that her face was BURNED at one time. And that Alex's wasn't.

This is how much I love Tristan Rogers and Robert Scorpio. The stupid app kept freezing and and pixelating, so I watched the fucking episode on Demand and had to suffer through all the cancer, diabetes, depression Big Pharma commercials. But I was nodding my head and pointing my finger at the screen.

It's bad enough this regime has massacred Anna to the point that I don't recognize her anymore; decimated the show's rich history. That's not enough for Frank. He won't be happy until he's DESTROYED EVERYTHING that was good about this show before he got his hands on it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

This “Anna thinks Robin isn’t actually her child” (tears included) may just be the stupidest story line ever in a show with the stupidest story lines ever. Just shoot all of them now and put us out of our misery forever. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And AHA! I found a flaw! Fucking Frank and his hacks. Did Alex also burn her face? The face that ANNA burned when her deception was revealed (even if it was offscreen and presumably she was pregnant at the time) and remember, she didn't get that fixed until years later.

I'm not defending this lunacy at all, but when Anna first came to PC she was wearing a fake scar, so we really don't know how many years she had it.  The fact that she had to fake her scar could actually support the fake memory thing. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think they are going to wheel Oscar out onto the Nurses Ball stages & let everyone watch him die. Too harsh?!?

eh! They chose such a boring character.

His kidney has Jordan's name written all over it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

eh! They chose such a boring character.

His kidney has Jordan's name written all over it.

eh! nuJordan can exit stage left, too. What’s the new catch phrase for Bye, Felicia! that the kids are using now? 

• Love 2