Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Heh. I like Ned's dad. "I have yet to hear my granddaughter on radio one" was pretty funny. Was he a drunk before though or is this just Ron making up shit?

Jason: I'm the king of the world!!!!

I had so much second-hand embarrassment watching that. Really, NuJason? A Titanic reference?

Am I to believe that Dr. Obrecht knows what the "pretty pink dust mop" did re: Nina's medication and she hasn't used that as an excuse to fire her?!?!  Oh, girl, you're slipping!

I know it was yet another Jason anvil, but Franco snarling in wonder about Jake(son) being Carly's BFF was pretty fuckin' rich considering his overnight BFF-ness with Nina.

Oh Carly, not telling Jax about Stepfather SERIAL KILLER until after the wedding?  Hypocrite bitch.

Oh, right! I wanted to say they need to stop teasing me with the Jax references. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I thought Billy Miller was cute today.

Sonny was disgusting. He lied to Micheal's face and was once again worried about saving his ass and pleasing his dick. And he lied in front of Jason and AJ's graves. Anyone catch that the grave says Jason Morgan? I'm taking it to mean Jason will be a Q. Jason Morgan is dead.

Franco really covered his ass today. He did tell Carly about the video. Three hots and a cot say she bangs Sonny before the wedding.

Damn. Heather made Shawn tolerable today.

• Love 3

Best stuff today was Lord Ashton.Can we keep him and get rid of luke lol.I don't remeber him being a drunk though.He was a schemer.He was around during the whole Alan/Lucy/scotty/Tracy stuff going on back in the early 90s.

• Love 1

I don't even know where to start with this episode.

Liz and her unprofessionalism  are grating on my very last nerve.  Are there not any other patients in the hospital for her to care for?  And they way she's salivating all over Jakeson...ugh.

Sick of Sonny.  How a lightning bolt hasn't descended from heaven to strike him down in the crypt is beyond me. (slightly OT but has anyone noticed how much Sonny looks like vulture Snoopy?)

Is it wrong of me to hope that Nina's mother writes her a prescription for some mood altering meds?

I'm glad Michael wants to find his father's real killer, but no matter who is named, he just jumps to conclusions and he's WRONG!

Has Sabrina been fired yet?

My estimation of Rosalie rose a little today.

• Love 2

Carly ignoring all the red flags he keeps waving in front of her is ridic.

Carly has been ignoring red flags since FrankenRon took over.  Todd much?  But, then again they have a habit of writing the women as the village idiots (See:  Cramer, Blair, OLTL).

• Love 2

Ssoooooo, Luke is an alcoholic that ran over a toddler with no remorse yet Lord Ashton'so drinking irritates & angers Tracy?

I think my mind blacked out with the Jake shit. 1) Jason has amnesia yet he's fast with the quips and social references 2) I grew up with Jason & that'she not Jason. AJ maybe but not Jason 3) they might as well has RoHo playing the character instead of Franco. 4) when has he had the time & where did he watch titanic 5) Jake had facilities surgery. He would have been walking with physical therapy & working with occupational therapy weeks ago. Depending upon surgery time hip replacements are up & ambulating the day of surgery & knees are up ambulating the day after surgery.

MW pulled off elegant bad ass today. She & Rosalie played off each other. KA should have been taking notes.

Kaka is to stupid to live. Ava is right in wanting to leave.

Sabrina shouldn't have a job if Leisel knows the truth. Knowing asshat Ron Sabrina'so actions Wil be pushed under the rug & ignored.

ETA: auto correct is a bitch.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3

when has he had the time & whw ed e did he watch titanic

Robin took him to see it back in '97? Heh.

I haven't seen the epi yet, but I might have to skip it. The "Titantic" reference + another episode with Liason swooning + Sonny + Heather + BLT = No.

Okay, am I missing something here?  According to AJ's crypt plaque, he died on 3/31, so Crypt!Sex must've taken place early April.  According to Nina, if she knows what she's talking about (a big if, I know), Ava is due in two weeks.  Show time is following real time at the moment because we know Halloween is imminent, making Ava's due date first half of November, so...  How can any of the concerned parties consider Sonny as the possible father of this baby?  Are the writers that stupid they can't do even basic math or know the normal term of a woman's pregnancy?  Or, more likely, do they think we're that stupid? 

If I were inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, which I'm not, I'd think they were maybe trying to "subtly" tell who the baby's father is now.

Also, wasn't Jakeson still all banged up in Franco's art therapy room?  Yet all of his facial boo-boos were gone once he got down to Liz's floor.  Miraculous, the power of her care.  Maybe that's why Jakeson keeps leaning on his broken arm.  It's cured, too!

I hate Jason, in any of his incarnations.

• Love 3

A jury would care. So would Micheal and Jason. I'd love if Monica telling Sonny off gave Jason his memory back and he just clubbed Sonny with his cast and apologized to Monica, Micheal, then dropped to his knees and apologized to his brother, dad, and grandfather.

• Love 1

I think Ava's pregnancy has been SORASed a bit, and that's fine with me. I don't need to watch a literal nine months of Sonny threatening to kill her. The show's time is running a little ahead of real time—Franco keeps talking about the Halloween wedding happening "tomorrow," and it's only the 27th—so this is fine with me. We also get monthdays.

A jury would care.

Not necessarily one in Port Charles.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I was disappointed at the Sean and Heather scenes today.  I was hoping for a Ransom of Red Chief story where Heather would drive Sean crazy, rather than Heather being an idiot.  That would have been hilarious.  At least she realized she needed to keep her mouth shut regarding Franco's plans.

• Love 1

Okay, am I missing something here?  According to AJ's crypt plaque, he died on 3/31, so Crypt!Sex must've taken place early April.  According to Nina, if she knows what she's talking about (a big if, I know), Ava is due in two weeks.  Show time is following real time at the moment because we know Halloween is imminent, making Ava's due date first half of November, so...  How can any of the concerned parties consider Sonny as the possible father of this baby?  Are the writers that stupid they can't do even basic math or know the normal term of a woman's pregnancy?  Or, more likely, do they think we're that stupid? 

If I were inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, which I'm not, I'd think they were maybe trying to "subtly" tell who the baby's father is now.

Also, wasn't Jakeson still all banged up in Franco's art therapy room?  Yet all of his facial boo-boos were gone once he got down to Liz's floor.  Miraculous, the power of her care.  Maybe that's why Jakeson keeps leaning on his broken arm.  It's cured, too!

Perhaps I'm giving them too much credit, but for some reason I'm just taking it that the writers are saying "yes we SORASed the pregnancy just go with it". I pretty much assumed that ever since Ava started looking really big last month.

Of course I guess they could be "subtly" trying to tell us who the father is too. 

To be honest, if they had Monica reaming out Sonny I'd just be guiltily giggling at her speech. She gives Joe Jr a run for his money with her s-es.

Re: Jason and Titanic, you don't have to have seen that to know the reference, so I don't mind Jakeson quoting it for that reason. I just cringed cause it's so cliche and super corny.

I think he's long past caring about what Robin has to say about him.

Nah, I think he still cares, as much as he cares about anybody saying anything to him. To him, Robin = Stone, and that's the one thing in his life he's really done that's still pure probably. Poor Stone. I have no doubt if he'd lived Sonny probably would have accidentally shot him a couple of times by now.

• Love 1

We all love Monica, but Sonny is not gonna give a shit about Monica stepping to him. The only people he would care about hearing from are Michael, Jason and Robin.

Monica: I hate you, Sonny.

Sonny: Haven't you....um....hate, uh hated me since I fucked your...um...daughter...Erica?

• Love 4

Just because Jakson doesn't know his name doesn't mean his entire memory is wiped. I agree that Jason seeing Titanic is unlikely, but it's not unbelievable to me that he has some recollections.

IMO, he either has amnesia or he doesn't. Ron can't have it both ways. I don't remember my name, who I am or the parade of family/friends/lovers/enemies that keep showing up but I remember social references & quips?

This show is starting to me tired & that's not a good thing.

• Love 2

Aside from Michael for obvious reasons, the person who should be giving a smackdown is Monica.  I agree with those that think Ned doing it will ring hallow.

Unfortunately, Michael doesn't have the history/the actor doesn't have the stage presence to give the kind of smackdown Sonny deserves. Also, his view of right and wrong in the world is forever warped as a result of being raised by Sonny and Carly. Monica has the most right to a smackdown, but she's been worn out by loss, LC's cosmetic procedures have only done harm in her ability to be expressive, and Sonny just sees her as an old woman who can't actually do anything to him.

My point was that Ned would do well in a tirade at Sonny for all the ways the Q Family, and some of his friends, have been wronged by Sonny in the last 20 years or so. He is definitely capable of getting loud and nasty, Ned and Sonny have overlapping history (and he's mentioned to Olivia he thinks Ned's a decent guy), sooo ... Sonny might actually appear ashamed for a second or two. Ned could end with how his cousin Michael, whom he truly cares for/respects, has been robbed of a father he loved and was building a relationship with because Sonny is selfish, violent, and narcissistic to the core.  Sonny couldn't stand feeling like he was in competition with Michael's rightful father, so he killed him. It was never about "Connie" because Sonny never had proof AJ was the killer. 

• Love 2

Unfortunately, Michael doesn't have the history/the actor doesn't have the stage presence to give the kind of smackdown Sonny deserves. Also, his view of right and wrong in the world is forever warped as a result of being raised by Sonny and Carly. Monica has the most right to a smackdown, but she's been worn out by loss, LC's cosmetic procedures have only done harm in her ability to be expressive, and Sonny just sees her as an old woman who can't actually do anything to him.

My point was that Ned would do well in a tirade at Sonny for all the ways the Q Family, and some of his friends, have been wronged by Sonny in the last 20 years or so. He is definitely capable of getting loud and nasty, Ned and Sonny have overlapping history (and he's mentioned to Olivia he thinks Ned's a decent guy), sooo ... Sonny might actually appear ashamed for a second or two. Ned could end with how his cousin Michael, whom he truly cares for/respects, has been robbed of a father he loved and was building a relationship with because Sonny is selfish, violent, and narcissistic to the core.  Sonny couldn't stand feeling like he was in competition with Michael's rightful father, so he killed him. It was never about "Connie" because Sonny never had proof AJ was the killer. 

But like I said, Ned is no good, either. Ned hated AJ. Yes, I really think he did. Maybe for different reasons, but sadly, I think that is common ground for Ned and Sonny: Pontificating in their self righteousness about how much of a loser "Junior" was. Ned doing it would be a huge-ass joke of epic proportions.

I say Jasper Jacks can do the honors. Maybe not about AJ, specifically, but it would still carry more weight from a guy that often went toe to toe with Sonny's puny ass.

• Love 1

I still wish it could be Skye reading Sonny and Carly for filth.  She had a loving relationship with AJ and she hates Sonny and Carly and Robin Christopher could deliver.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Reaming out is nice, but what Michael needs to do persistently is ignore Sonny - that'll be what really cuts. People have yelled at Sonny before. He assumes, rightly, that they'll get over it. When Morgan was ranting at him post crypt-sex you could tell he was like, "okay, I'll just let the kid have his temper tantrum, whatever". He'll do the same post AJ reveal. It'll be the actions afterwards that count.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

I still wish it could be Skye reading Sonny and Carly for filth.  She had a loving relationship with AJ and she hates Sonny and Carly and Robin Christopher could deliver.

Plus, there would be reality subtext, in that I'm not sure MB ever got over RC turning him down during their AMC days.

Whatever discomfort he would display onscreen, in that particular case, may not all be just acting. 

• Love 1

Jason should be the one. Billy Miller can do it. And nothing would hurt Sonny more than learning his Number One is alive and hates him. Jason reaming Sonny out and begging AJ for forgiveness would be powerful scenes. And it'd be way better than the Liz stuff.

I'm glad the previews tomorrow have Micheal seeing him and apparently recognizing him. Dude looks like CD and SK.

• Love 5

I agree that its going to be after the big reveal that will matter and with what we have seen with returns like Robin, this show isn't very good at fallout. Once Michael finds out everything, his character should really become Sonny's enemy. If this show was smart (which we know its not) Michael would use ELQ to systematically take everything Sonny has away from him. Don't have him threaten to kill him - have him destroy him.

But of course, that would never happen because its Sonny. Honestly, this show is beyond screwed with the Sonny can never lose mentality.

• Love 3

Larry is hilarious, and I really liked that mix of characters. Maybe Michael can bring Lulu into ELQ for reasons because I think ER really clicks with JE and WK.

I also really liked Rosalie and Ava today. When MW pronounced "faaaaahhhmm-lee" she was definitely trolling N.A.. I think I want Rosalie to somehow be involved with Ava In future story, though definitely not mother/daughter.

That whole bit with Dr. O correcting Jake and him saluting her cracked me up. I hate to say it, but I think BH and BM have "it".

I want Jax to give Micheal the Metro Court.

He can screw over Carly and Sonny in one fell swoop. Kick Sonny out. Make Carly a bell hop.

Carly and Olivia own the MetroCourt, I'm not sure how Jax could give it to Michael.

Now, Michael getting his Q on and somehow buying it out from underneath his mother would be rather soapy and delightful.

• Love 1

Carly and Olivia own the MetroCourt, I'm not sure how Jax could give it to Michael.

Now, Michael getting his Q on and somehow buying it out from underneath his mother would be rather soapy and delightful.

And he could buy out Corinthos Coffee while Sonny cools his heels in jail after Anna gets the recording into evidence.

• Love 2

Ssoooooo, Luke is an alcoholic that ran over a toddler with no remorse yet Lord Ashton'so drinking irritates & angers Tracy?

It's hard to believe sometimes what idiots the writers are.  Larry is a "worthless drunk," but Luke was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when he ran over a 4-year-old.

• Love 4

I think they heavily foreshadowed Michael both cutting Sonny off and taking A.J.'s family name. I expect both of those to happen, but I don't expect them to last, although they should. Expecting Michael to never have any kind of relationship with Sonny again, however fraught, is unrealistic IMO but I do think it should always be at best deeply strained.

What I do suspect might happen, and think it would be really interesting if it did - and it would probably be my choice - is for the inverse reaction to occur with Morgan, if only for awhile. It's a bit like The Godfather, where everyone else is dead or has betrayed Michael Corleone and then Talia Shire's Connie, the rebellious black sheep, comes crawling back and says she's ready to be a proper sister to him now. Since we've seen him as a young adult, Morgan has always been deeply insecure about his father's love and his place in the family; even though he had a wonderful, loving and relatively domestic upbringing with Jax as a child, as a man he has always seemed to gravitate back towards this conflict/reunification loop with Sonny and his world, trying to reconcile all of that within himself.

It would make sense to me if, after Michael abandons Sonny, Morgan cozies back up to his father out of complicated and co-dependent feelings of love and a need for acceptance, becomes his devoted son, because Michael is gone and Morgan rationalizes it that Sonny is sick, needs someone and blah blah blah. Becomes the public face of Sonny's business, maybe takes over a club and runs it with that money. It would not necessarily be a nice or clean or tidy ending, but it would make sense, IMO, for the characters. Morgan only rebels as much as he does because he wants and needs Sonny's love that much more, wants to be seen and respected the way he thinks Michael is - at core, he is a boy and he is needy. I don't think Sonny respects any of his children or even many of his loved ones, but Morgan sees it that way.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I think they heavily foreshadowed Michael both cutting Sonny off and taking A.J.'s family name. I expect both of those to happen, but I don't expect them to last, although they should. Expecting Michael to never have any kind of relationship with Sonny again, however fraught, is unrealistic IMO but I do think it should always be at best deeply strained.

I'm curious, jsbt, why do you think it's unrealistic for Michael to cut Sonny out of his life forever? I agree with what you said about Morgan being needy, but this iteration of Michael, despite the fact that everybody falls all over themselves to wrap him up in cotton wool, doesn't appear to have that flaw.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 2

Because this is a soap opera, and neither of them are going anywhere. Sooner or later the drama of the estranged son and (faux) father who raised him, from two different worlds, becomes too juicy not to play, and they should play it. But I suspect the way the show will play it when it happens will be too soon and too couched in Sonny-apologia. In February or May there will be another disaster and Michael and Sonny will be drawn close together due to crisis circumstances. Which is a fine idea on its face, but not so soon and not in the way Ron is known for handling character development.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I agree that TPTB don't ever make Sonny truly pay for his sins and that may be why some think that even if Michael disowns him, it will be only temporary. However------I remember thinking, way back when Jason first suffered the brain injury from the car crash and became a whole different person, that surely SURELY he would eventually recover his memory, regain his original personality and resume being Jason Quartermaine. I thought that for weeks. Then months. Then years. It never happened; the bright shining hope of the Q family really did become a mob hit man. So perhaps - if Michael breaks with Sonny - it may just be a permanent change....and wouldn't that be sweet justice for the Q's, who lost Jason to Sonny and the mob, only to have Sonny, decades later, lose Michael to the Quartermaines.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 7

Sonny is at a Victor Newman level of doing tons of horrible shit, mostly to his own kin and children, and yet he still rules all, I don't see that changing anytime soon, especially now with the resign.

Maurice has played a broken and removed Sonny before but he only tolerates that for a couple of weeks at best, perhaps because it gets a little too "real" for him considering his condition, but Sonny isn't going to take some grand tumble from grace and stay down, I do not ever see that happening, he's still the official leading man of the show and until that status changes he isn't losing much if anything.

This is the reason I will never watch Y&R. Victor or Sonny Same church , different pew.GH Has not given me a reason to watch since AJ died and now with Robin and Robert gone .As much as I love Robert Scorpio,I will not watch Y&R to see him. Maybe I am just all soaped out. FrankenRon can watch the show themselves.

• Love 1

I just can't see Billy Miller's Jason hopping wholeheartedly back into the fold with Sonny either, frankly. I'm hoping they pull a hard break as they did with Jason all those years ago, similar to what Doug Marland attempted on ATWT with Holden Snyder, I think - I believe a brain injury took him from noble farm boy to sort of caustic, cerebral business exec. It didn't pan out, but it was an interesting idea, and of course GH did it later with Jason-to-Jasus.

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a hybrid Jason. He's not entirely anti-Sonny, but he's also not as totally under Sonny's thumb as he used to be. I hope nuJason is furious with Sonny for killing AJ, if only for Michael's sake. I was going to write that nuJason won't be as anti-Q as he used to be, but there are barely any Qs left for him to hate. Jason Q and Tracy were never besties, so their relationship might not change, and Ned and Jason Q didn't interact all that much because of being at different places in their lives. So maybe Jason and Ned work together to get ELQ back from Jerry and Fake!Luke, but after that, Jason leaves Ned to himself.

My fondest wish is that nuJason cuts Carly completely out of his life, but that is probably a pipe dream.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Somehow Jakson's face got cleaned up and some of the bruises from before have vanished even though he merely moved from one floor of the hospital to another, if he went that far.

I guess the makeup crew is as concerned with continuity as the writers and directors.

I really wanted Jakson and Liz to both fall ass over face over that damn railing, they are even worse than Sam and Patrick and their contrived bullshit.

Seeing the old "Lord" just took me back, that was the only part of today that made me smile.

The Michael and Sonny scenes were cheap and stupid to me, none of this is going to matter because Ron never cared about AJ himself to give a rat's ass whether or not he gets the proper "revenge" he deserves.

Ron used AJ as a plot point and the same thing is still happening even though he's dead. I'm sick and tired of watching the legacy characters be used to merely prop up Ron's dumb ass story lines and ideas that fizzle out before they can even reach their pointless conclusions.

I don't think Sonny would give a damn about Monica reaming him out for killing AJ, but he won't care who does it, he'll merely wait things out as usual, wait for things to blow over and everyone to calm down.

He's a coward, he's not going to simply change his evil ways because someone points out what a terrible, awful human being he is, and I don't think for a second if it's Michael or Jason or whomever else that would ever change. Sonny is always the victim in his head, it's who he is and that isn't changing, not with this writing crew and not with Maurice playing the part, imho.

Sonny is the lead, he will survive this the same stale, played out way he does everything so for me I just would like to have one scene with a character laying a smack down on him that actually hates his guts as much as I do, and for me that's Monica.

• Love 2

I guess we are going to get this crappy filler until the likely underwhelming wedding that will last a week? Oh show, why can't I quit you?

I don't see BM's Jason as Jason "murdering hitman" Morgan so I really hope he's brought on as Jason Q who remembers nothing after his crash with AJ.

• Love 5

I am really sorry to say this but. I have watched this show long enough to not believe for a second that Sonny will get his. he has never before and he won't now. BM is not Jason. what is the difference if some one reemes Sonny a new one. If he doesn't go to jail and pay for murder in the first degree, why should we watch . I will watch the show only after Sonny gets his, in spades. And it will have to be on the dvr because If TIIC think they can lead us down the garden path fergetaboutit. TIIC of this show, for some reason think the fans they have are MB fans. only ! Barge is a great place to be ,you are never tempted to turn the show on.

Amen ten times. Billy is actually starting to annoy me because whoever he is playing is already firmly shoved up Liz's ass and he's supposed to be Jason which was already a big strike against him.

I feel like he's getting the same direction/writing as Ron has given Roger as the SERIAL KILLER. The guy before you played the role so straight and serious so make sure you giggle and crack jokes and grin a lot and laugh so people can see how much the character has "changed" and is now "good". I'm just over it, all of it.

• Love 3

I really wanted Jakson and Liz to both fall ass over face over that damn railing, they are even worse than Sam and Patrick and their contrived bullshit.

I thought that until I saw Patrick in the preview with a goofy ass grin on his face while his wife is being held hostage and I was like, nope. I can't. I hate Patrick more.

• Love 4

I feel like the ideal situation with Michael and Sonny would basically be a mirror version of what happened with Jason and the Quartermaines - huge rift, inroads made as time went on, but the status quo permanently changed.

• Love 9

I do think Michael keeping the Quartermaine last name (if it happens, which I think it will) no matter what happens later on down the line. On one hand I approve and on the other it makes me slightly uncomfortable because I remember before RC started or right around when he started there was a poster who said RC was very bad about adoptive connections, and I can see an overall pattern of that - with Dante when the day after RC started officially writing they had him instantly kissing Sonny's ass again, even with the whole surrogacy storyline - everyone develops mild feelings for their adoptive children, but everyone gets their own bio children in the end, hurrah, and get over the adoptive children (even though Maxie doesn't actually get to be around her kid right now). Even the Maxie/Mac relationship, even though she and Mac still consider each other father and daughter, I've noticed, hasn't called Mac "dad" in years, when she used to do so fairly often before RC showed up. Yes, Sonny stole Michael, but I have a feeling RC would be severing their connection even if Sonny had been a jolly mailman. If Jack Wagner hadn't annoyed them I think probably Frisco would have been back to bond with Maxie some more at some point. So on that score, that's kinda been niggling in my head a little during this whole thing.

• Love 3