Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think Patrick is a neurosurgeon, not a neurologist since he does surgeries but I just looooved it when he called himself a neurologist once. You figure a show with the name "hospital" in it would have medical consultant for crap like that. And I think Robin is an infectious disease doctor extraordinaire who brings people to life. And Britt is an OB Gyn who also resuscitates babies like a neonatologist, so of course the oncologist is the best OB ever. This show makes my brain hurt.

• Love 1

I told everyone Lucas went to medical school and nobody believed me! Oh, sure, Ron is trying to fudge the timeline, that's Ron. These Bobbie/Lucas and Jones/Spencer family scenes in the last few episodes are some of the most organic and proper soap scenes we've had with major characters on the show in ages, people who aren't C or D-list. A nice respite from the usual plot-driven speedfreaking.

Morgan Corinthos, the once and future idiot. "Can we reverse [labor]?" Sure, Morgan, we can just shove it back up in there.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Morgan Corinthos, the once and future idiot. "Can we reverse [labor]?" Sure, Morgan, we can just shove it back up in there.

Given the circumstances of Morgan's birth, I'm willing to allow the doofus some leeway. We're lucky he didn't suggest shooting Ava in the head to "reverse" it.

• Love 3

In fact, Lucas and Brad are one of the few couples I can tolerate on this show. The actors have chemistry and that usually can take me a long way with enjoying a pairing.

This is so true. I wish that Ron were confident enough to learn that Heterosexual couples are exactly like homosexual couples. Ron writes Lucas and Brad as a real relationship where all of his mixed-sexed couples are cartoons. I am old enough to remember the days when the opposite was true and I guess on some level turn about is fair play but really can't we have one normal hetro-couple? Ned and Olivia seem to be inching towards that but then again she has visions and he wears leather pants.

That said, I don't disagree with you--I personally don't enjoy shows with anti-heroes all that much. Despite how much I loved Maurice Benard in the late 90s, I couldn't stand watching Sonny in the last decade and I only can now because I think he's being portrayed as a horrible person again, rather than a great father & husband who occasionally loses his temper and likes power a little too much. But the popularity and critical acclaim given to shows with anti-heroes, against my own preferences, I think proves that yes, it can be done well. Heck, I recognize that Breaking Bad is one of the best written shows ever; it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I think that Sonny could be a leading man even as a villain if there was one genuinely good guy to play opposite of him: A hero. I wonder if the new "Jake" Quartermain could fill this roll? If not they need to bring back Lucky and amp up Nathan and Dante. One of the mistakes that Guza made was that he played Sonny and Jason as heroes by bringing on  progressively worse bad guys. It is all right for the PCPD to see Sonny as the "Lesser of two evils" (Real Police departments have begun to learn this lesson, the destruction of the Italian mob just made things worse)  but he cannot be seen as a hero. The EVIL cannot be attacking Sonny, rather it needs to be attacking Port Charles. I really thought Sonny shined during the Jerry Jaxs water thing. He worked with Jax and McBain and others to stop Jerry but he was just a player, the attack was not against him.

If Fluke turns out to be working for Helene that would be great as it would make Sonny secondary to the story. It is only than that Sonny works as a leading man. But we still need a Hero. None of the men in PC right now qualify as a Hero: Dante and Nathan come close. as do Patrick and Silas but all of them have too many flaws and none of them are center stage. Sonny and Franco are not heroes no matter how much Ron wishes they were.

• Love 1

Wow. Brad not only given praised and not snarked about (outside of Britt), but given the Bobbie Spencer Seal of Approval What part of PC does this occur? The Vampire Section of Unreal?

Poor Lucas. He's doomed to be a doctor, since his father was a doctor. If only there were other offspring of legendary charcaters who had different career paths.... Maybe Lucas can work for the New!WSB.

I know, my point was that they're, aka Ron, seemingly setting it up so that we'll blink and suddenly he'll be doing consults and it'll all get explained away that he actually went further along or something without having told Bobbie because she'd just bug him worse to not waste his medical "talents".

The blink and you miss it, suddenly a doctor doesn't bother me.  I think back to Emily, who apparently opened a box of cracker jacks and her prize was a medical degree.  Her becoming an insta-doc was always a head meets desk thing for me.

• Love 2

Anyone else get the sense today that the show is about to go for Silas and Ava redux?

I did. And it's really weird. I guess it kinda makes sense that they were acting so sweetly to each other given the circumstances, but it still felt a little off. I mean I'm glad ME gives a shit again lately and that Silas is being written slightly better, but it's such a disconnect from how he's been for so many months so it comes off weird. It's like how I am liking Jason and BM is endearing, but he's acting nothing like Jason, so it just comes off kinda weird.

I suppose, but if Ron thinks he's writing Breaking Bad, someone needs to up his dosage or something.

I feel like I remember RC making some reference to Breaking Bad once in regards to what he's doing on GH. Which may not have actually happened, but still I just know RC totally thinks he is writing Breaking Bad level television. LOL.

I really have been enjoying the show for like at least a month though and I'm looking forward to the wedding.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

But if he's still a leading man, doesn't that kind of mean he's not entirely being painted as the scum he is? I don't expect Sonny to go to prison, not knowing that Mo just re-signed, but can you have a leading man who's a villain*?

*Without it being The Sopranos or something, I mean.

You know what makes me happy? The fact that despite years, and years of Sonny being written the way he has been, we don't drink the kook-aid and see him as the hero or a good guy. He isn't and at this point, you can't make him into one. 

It would have been nice to see Lucas and Bobbie scenes without that freak Brad present.

I really, really liked those scenes yesterday. Can't put my finger on why exactly ( good chemistry, lightheartedness, the actors seemed to like each other and were having a good time).  I think there is a lot of potential for Brad and Lucas with all sorts of stories (relationship, hospital, realistic and soapy goodness) as long as someone is willing to write them. (Well. Write them well!) 

Looooooooooooved Lucas calling Joss a monster and Bobbie sneaking and saying he'd best not let Carly hear him say that. 

• Love 1

Oh, screw Bobbie. She's a hypocritical, judgmental, plastic faced, baby talking cow and I can't defend her taking up for Carly in this shit. I've never liked her anyway, but she's getting more and more annoying as she clings to Carly's backside.

I don't understand why Bobbie should show more loyalty to/be on the side of the SERIAL KILLER who repeatedly threatened her granddaughter and got her grandson raped over her own daughter, no matter how stupid Carly's being.

I think there is a lot of potential for Brad and Lucas with all sorts of stories (relationship, hospital, realistic and soapy goodness) as long as someone is willing to write them. (Well. Write them well!)

Sadly, my gut feeling is that Lucas' addition to the hospital set is going to be all about fucking Felix, whether it full-on reignites the triangle or, at the bare minimum, we have to sit through a lot of Felix whining ("Oh noes Sabrina/Liz/Piph, now both of my ex non-lovers work at the hospital, woe is me, Felix!".

Edited by TeeVee329

Sadly, my gut feeling is that Lucas' addition to the hospital set is going to be all about fucking Felix, whether it full-on reignites the triangle or, at the bare minimum, we have to sit through a lot of Felix whining ("Oh noes Sabrina/Liz/Piph, now both of my ex non-lovers work at the hospital, woe is me, Felix!".

That was my immediate thought and I screamed in horror. Honestly I almost hope Lucas continues to not want to work at GH because I can not deal with how that story would go in terms of Felix.

• Love 1

Maybe we will get lucky and Felix will jump off the hospital roof in despair, to his death.

If we're really lucky, Keeks or some other feckless whiner will try to save him but get pulled down instead.

• Love 5

Although Heather's a nutjob even though IA most of what she says about carson and Olivia lol.I felt a little bad for her yesterday.Franco is obviously manipulating her and shes so happy because shes desperate for franco's love lol.Oh well she'll find a way to get back at him lol.

I hate that Nina has to be mentally unbalanced on top of all of this other crap

You know what? Me too. I would have preferred her to be a cold hard calculating bitch instead..but I also want a decent written show and of course a pony...

• Love 1

I liked the Bobbie/Lucas/Brad scenes for the most part; what I didn't like was Bobbie using Brad to nag Lucas to get a job. It seemed so passive-aggressive. At least Brad didn't join that pile-on too much.

Speaking of jobs, what does Bobbie do these days? Is she retired from GH? Why doesn't she see if she can pull some strings for Lucas if she's so hellbent on him working at the hospital? Does Ron even remember she was a nurse there? (Probably not.) She should have had a line about not knowing too many people at the hospital anymore.

Speaking of jobs, what does Bobbie do these days? Is she retired from GH?

When she first came back last year, Bobbie said that she was working at a hospital in Seattle. 

The show really did a terrible job not explaining the details surrounding Bobbie and Lucas both moving back to Port Charles.

Maybe we will get lucky and Felix will jump off the hospital roof in despair, to his death.

If we're really lucky, Keeks or some other feckless whiner will try to save him but get pulled down instead.

While I agree that Kaka should plunge from the roof of the hospital to land on her pumpkin-sized head, I'm perversely amused at the suggestion that Brad the sexual harasser is a better boyfriend than Felix..

• Love 2

While I agree that Kaka should plunge from the roof of the hospital to land on her pumpkin-sized head, I'm perversely amused at the suggestion that Brad the sexual harasser is a better boyfriend than Felix..

I'd choose dinner with Micheal Myers over dinner with Felix.

• Love 7

No pity party for Nina here. I want to feel sorry for Nina because of what Madeline did to her and what she lost because of it, but Nina's psychosis keeps getting in the way. When Nina was put in a coma, she was 20, not 2. She was put into a coma, not born into one. I would be much more sympathetic to Nina's plight if she were much better written and much better acted, but RC & MSt have made that impossible. Nina's "three Rs"-ranting, raving and revenging-have only proven just how unfit to be a parent she is, just like Madeline's agreeing to help Nina's steal Ava's baby is more proof of the same. Nina's so obsessed with getting back at Ava and Madeline's so desperate to atone for hurting Nina that they haven't given any thought to the most innocent victims: the baby and Nathan. A baby should be raised by a loving, stable parent and Nina's neither. As for Nathan, if/when the truth gets out, it could do serious damage to his career and his reputation, if not destroy them altogether. If either Nina or Madeline loved Nathan as much as they say they do, then they wouldn't do this, for his sake.

Loved the scenes with Lucas, Brad and Bobbie. They showed that when Bobbie's away from the Slagbeast, she can actually have fun and be fun to watch. As for Lucas' becoming a doctor so quick, the way I see it, if Dr. O can be COS, then Lucas can be a doctor. Brad may have done some shitty things in his past, but at least enabling a potential baby killer, like Felix did with Sabrina, isn't one of them. Brad kept quiet about Britt's keeping Rocco from Lante, but I don't believe that Brad's a killer, plus Brad has suffered for his sins while chances are, Felix never will suffer for his.

Speaking of never suffering for their sins, that leads me to Sonny. Now that MB's re-signed, let the barware-throwing begin. To quote Detox from RuPaul's Drag Race, "I've had it, officially!" I am beyond tired of Sonny's getting away with murder and the enablers who let him, whether it's Carly, Franco, Kiki, Morgan, Shawn or Ava. Michael should unleash Hell on every last one of them when the truth comes out.

• Love 6
I liked the Bobbie/Lucas/Brad scenes for the most part; what I didn't like was Bobbie using Brad to nag Lucas to get a job. It seemed so passive-aggressive. At least Brad didn't join that pile-on too much.​

I wasn't crazy about that part, either, but it did kind of seem like typical over-bearing mother behavior, and it actually kind of worked for me, because I think Bobbie used to be all up in people's business on a pretty regular basis.  

• Love 1

Uh oh, Ava's talk today about wanting to hold on to any piece of Silas she could after their affair ended was a big red flag that Kiki might be Nina's.  Ugh, I don't understand how such a switch would benefit any of these characters.

LMAO at Olivia wondering if Carly would be able to face the realities of Sonny's business.  Thanks for the chuckle, 'Liv.

Shut up, SERIAL KILLER.

• Love 1

Uh oh, Ava's talk today about wanting to hold on to any piece of Silas she could after their affair ended was a big red flag that Kiki might be Nina's.  Ugh, I don't understand how such a switch would benefit any of these characters.

If nothing else, it would take Kaka off of Ava's hands. Also, if she was Nina's kid instead, it would explain the enormity of her head. Michelle Stafford has a little bit of a fivehead going on, IMO.

• Love 6

Kiki is just so awful. She knows part of the truth and still insists on keeping it from Michael. She is now tied with Sonny for being the worst person on GH.

So I guess now she is keeping quiet not because of what's best for Michael but because it will point the finger at her mother?  Was she at all curious why AJ was at her apartment? 

Can't take Kiki lying right to Michael's face. Hope he turns on her so badly when he finds out the truth, I'd like to see him do a permanent character against his family change like Jason Q- Morgan. Not 5 minutes of anger and then over it. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

ugh  Sonny is the worse dissing my girl that way.He's  just as evil as Heather is.She's killed a couple day players and sonny in cold blood murdered AJ.Say Sonys plan works and he kills franco and frames Heather? Don't they think scotty might be a little suscipious.Heather can be insane but since scott actually knows Heather and seems to know how to handle her.

Kiki I have no idea why she doesn't tell Michael the truth.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 1

Because, imo, Ava will probably be written off and Ron thinks Kiki needs to be connected. Because being connected to another newbie really cements her ties.

What part of Kiki is supposed to be appealing? The constant lies? The Franco friendship? The intrusiveness? It's confusing

• Love 6

Because, imo, Ava will probably be written off and Ron thinks Kiki needs to be connected. Because being connected to another newbie really cements her ties.

What part of Kiki is supposed to be appealing? The constant lies? The Franco friendship? The intrusiveness? It's confusing

The big head and inappropriate facial expressions? The fact that she has no chemistry with anyone including her real life boyfriend.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 8

Kicki is a terrible gf, a mooch, and a buttinski. I hope Michael kicks her into the harbor when he finds out how much she is lying to him.

Is Olivia for real? She wants a woman for Sonny that can make him happy but can thrive in the mob world. Only a vicious thug or sociopath can survive and thrive in a violent criminal environment and they're not exactly going to make someone else their #1 priority. See Sonny as an example.

• Love 3

Only a vicious thug or sociopath can survive and thrive in a violent criminal environment and they're not exactly going to make someone else their #1 priority. See Sonny as an example.

Ergo, Carly should be his go-to gal.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 9

Is Olivia for real? She wants a woman for Sonny that can make him happy but can thrive in the mob world. Only a vicious thug or sociopath can survive and thrive in a violent criminal environment and they're not exactly going to make someone else their #1 priority. 

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that Olivia was telling someone else (Duke, maybe?) that she wanted exactly that for herself -- to be a part of Sonny's world, knowing full well what kind of world that was. The only thing that turned her off was that he couldn't keep his pants zipped. 

• Love 3

I knew there was someone else who was really annoying me today, haha. If Sonny ever takes Olivia aside and says "look, Olivia. We're friends and all, but you don't know me more than anyone else in this town does. You had my kid and then we slept together again for a few months over 30 years later. Now please mind your damn business" I will CHEER and I am not sorry about that :)

• Love 4

I am going to be flat out direct. Today also sucked, with Kiki bringing down everything, and Ro the Evil Nurse and Nathan being the best of a bad lot.

I have no idea if Kristen is a good person or not, or can act or not. I do know Kiki is terrible as a character.

• Love 1

If Sonny ever takes Olivia aside and says "look, Olivia. We're friends and all, but you don't know me more than anyone else in this town does. You had my kid and then we slept together again for a few months over 30 years later. Now please mind your damn business" I will CHEER and I am not sorry about that :)

And maybe he should add, "Keep your hands off of me. If people see you pawing me [like she was today], they might … assume things.  And I wouldn't want whomever I currently want to bed …  to … assume."

And maybe he should add, "Keep your hands off of me. If people see you pawing me [like she was today], they might … assume things.  And I wouldn't want whomever I currently want to bed …  to … assume."

I thought Ron wanted all you GH script writers to stick to comments on Twitter.

Edited by Happyshooter
  • Love 1
A baby should be raised by a loving, stable parent and Nina's neither.

Ava and/or Morgan and/or Sonny aren't going to win any parenting awards, either.

it wasn't that long ago that Olivia was telling someone else (Duke, maybe?) that she wanted exactly that for herself -- to be a part of Sonny's world, knowing full well what kind of world that was. The only thing that turned her off was that he couldn't keep his pants zipped.

LOL. Murder and mayhem are fine, but infidelity is the dealbreaker? Oh, Liv.

• Love 2

When the AJ reveal FINALLY does happen, I really need to see Michael have an entire episode dedicated to him verbally annihilating Sonny and Carly.  During this special episode Michael should [publicly, in front of all of Port Charles, recount ALL the ways his parents have screwed him over during his entire life and writes them off once and for all.  The last words Michael will ever say to Sonny and Carly I am NOT a Corinthos,  I AM MICHAEL QUATERMAINE!

[

Then I could just shut the show off, and never watch it again.Now that would be satisfaction Because it wouldn't last long.TIIC would have AJ doing something wrong from the grave, and Sonny would cry. GMAB./quote]

I don't know, Morgan could turn out to be a good dad. A little...simple, but good enough to outshine most of the dads on this show except maybe Mac.

Because Mac is the best dad ever.  It is so unfair that Mac never had a biological child but Sonny and Carly reproduce like rabbits.

• Love 9

I really enjoyed Ava and Silas today.  There was no shrieking, there was emoting....and then the scene shifted to Donna Mills being tormented.

Another day of horrible people plotting murder and baby stealing.  Another day of the "good guy"* being consistently thwarted.  You know what would be nice?  If Rosalie would just tell someone what her stupid secret is and that Ninnnnnna is blackmailing her.  There, done.  What a refreshing change that would be.

*Outside of Michael and Morgan, who were the good guys today?

• Love 3

*Outside of Michael and Morgan, who were the good guys today?

Nathan?  He's trying to put a stop to the Nina shenanigans post haste, and for that, he should get some kind of medal.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2