Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Olivia planted the bomb in Julian's car because she is crazy. And because she wanted revenge because he was responsible for killing Duke (via Carlos).

While Sonny bore some responsibility for Michael getting shot (Jerry and Claudia), Morgan's death was all Olivia which a big assist by Ava.

Olivia is part of the Jerome mob/crime family, Duke worked for the mob/Corinthos crime family which means that choice got him killed, and the late Sabrina proclaimed that she did not want to be associated with Carlos because of his mob connections.

11 hours ago, Linny said:

It sure is something to see Kiki and Griffin being a mixture of bashful and horny in the fucking gym of all places like they're stars in a meet cute rom-com (pause for that reference to sail over Griffin's head) instead of a couple of lying cheaters. Does Kiki know he banged Ava approximately twelve hours after their amazing night together? Does she care that part of Griffin's "commitment to reconciliation" with Ava included telling her "I love you" for the first time? No, everything's fine because he was thinking of Kiki the whole time, my mistake. God, they suck so much.

If I looked at the JaSam scenes in a bubble, the clumsy Lego metaphor of putting the pieces together for Danny might work. It's not sexy, but it is appropriately domestic for two people of Jason and Sam's age. But context is everything, and the bigger picture of Jason floating in to Sam and Danny's lives in between taking marching orders from Sonny will not ever work for me. He's not ever going to be a true partner to her or sacrifice for her or do anything that doesn't come at the behest of Sonny and Carly. Sam better get used to picking up those Legos by herself, metaphorically and otherwise, because Jason has shown us repeatedly that his number one will never be her.

I believe they had to do this so Sam can start her re-evaluation journey.  She is supposed to talk about Jason’s dangerous lifestyle.  He will run to Carson when she needed him soon and that will help Sam in her decision.  Writer’s say don’t count out Drew, Sam still loves him.  I really see Dream back together one day.  Billy said in his letter to Kelly that he keeps coming back for her, in Kelly’s Tweet she talked about their journey and her IG said very good news coming soon.

3 minutes ago, bamajen said:

I believe they had to do this so Sam can start her re-evaluation journey.  She is supposed to talk about Jason’s dangerous lifestyle.  He will run to Carson when she needed him soon and that will help Sam in her decision.  Writer’s say don’t count out Drew, Sam still loves him.  I really see Dream back together one day.  Billy said in his letter to Kelly that he keeps coming back for her, in Kelly’s Tweet she talked about their journey and her IG said very good news coming soon.

Not a fan of JaSam or Dream but I don't see why their real relationship means it'll spill over into their reel relationship. Considering all the couples who were married on soaps in the past but weren't paired on the shows..It'll be interesting what unfolds.

Now on to Ava, when I saw Kiki and Griffin kissing I was hoping a truck would come run them over a la Final Destination but unfortunately, nothing.. I just want Ava to win one time, not bitter and I loved her scenes with Ryan.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Perkie said:

I guess she didn't think that far ahead. 

She never does, which is what makes her super exasperating for me. She's very much like Sonny that way.

14 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Kiki was already starting to check out of the relationship,

She was trying to, but Carly was laying it on thick that Lauren stay with Morgan because Carly didn't want him destroyed, or some such nonsense. It was gross and inappropriate pressure from Carly, surprise, surprise.

8 hours ago, Thinbalina said:

I just want Ava to win one time

If Ava can only win one time, I want it to be wrestling custody of Avery away from Sonny.

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She was trying to, but Carly was laying it on thick that Lauren stay with Morgan because Carly didn't want him destroyed, or some such nonsense. It was gross and inappropriate pressure from Carly, surprise, surprise.

While it is perfectly in character behavior wise, I still don't get why Carly would want fucking Kiki dating her son, let alone anywhere near either  him or Michael, considering all the crap she did to both of them. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

While it is perfectly in character behavior wise, I still don't get why Carly would want fucking Kiki dating her son, let alone anywhere near either  him or Michael, considering all the crap she did to both of them. 

My impression was that Carly wanted Kiki to take care of (aka "date") her weak/unstable son so she and Sonny didn't have to be bothered - they wanted to focus on other things like interfering in Michael's life, keeping Avery awake from Ava, etc. I seem to recall that as Morgan was getting out of rehab, Carly saw Kiki in the park with Dillon and was not happy.  She said something along the lines of Morgan loves you, but if you can't be devoted to him/handle the responsibility of being with him, then walk away now. 

Carly is all about co-dependent relationships, as is obvious from her decades of unhealthy connections to Sonny and Jason. Whenever Sonny has in a darker than usual place, i.e. having a bi-polar episode, Carly believes it is up to her and Jason to take care of him/pull him out of it. 

• Love 5
On 10/4/2018 at 10:41 PM, LexieLily said:

Danny's "Do you love mommy?" question 

Just the fact that he asked that means the answer is "No." Jason should feel ashamed because clearly, his behavior shows his son that he is not invested in Mommy or having a healthy family life with Mommy and Danny. Young children pick up on vibes - if they see hugs, warm smiles, touches, hear a certain tone of voice, they know X loves Y (whether the love is between parent and child, Mom and Dad, siblings, etc). 

I had to roll my eyes at Jason's "I'm trying to seem interested" tone when looking through the "Family" book that Danny made at school. Here's a tip, Danny: if you want Daddy to be enthusiastic, Uncle Sonny and Aunt Carly must be featured in any school project that is family-focused. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I can't believe that Avery and Leo are both still here when neither of them should exist

Or any Jerome for that matter.

Yes, I include Sam as she should have never been Julian's kid.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, lizzbert said:

The only time I thought Jason was super hot in a love scene was the Million Flights of Stairs interlude with Liz (ducks). The chemistry! The actual shirtlessness! ?

The last time that man had any charm or had any remotely "sexy" moments was the Robin years.  UGH.  

Spoiler

That kiss gets worse on Monday.  <voms>

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

I always thought that Carly's interest in Kiki is that it gives her a sick thrill to play mother figure to another of Ava's girls.

• Love 5

Valentin's revisionist history and outright lies to Laura about his and Lulu's current co-parenting relationship is sadly in character - and saying that he and Lulu have settled their differences for Charlotte's sake means only that he got his way and he didn't face repercussions by Lulu or the police when he for the second time attempted to flee the country with Charlotte - but it makes me happy that Laura isn't fazed in the least. That boot stomp and the slap were a long time coming and I loved every bit of that part of the scene. Valentin smugly saying that Lulu is going to need her because Lulu is a single parent (which, while I'm sure it would make Valentin pleased if Dante were dead, he's not, he's just away working) would have creeped me the hell out if I were Laura considering that Valentin had already murdered my son. 

Laura made me happy today but Lulu did not. Lulu should have walked away and not looked back when Nina started whining about how she had missed so much time with her daughter. There was no real look into the juxtaposition of feelings and how to connect to a child that had already lived so much of their lives without you. At least this daughter of Nina's is an adult and doesn't have two parent figures that are actively attempting to keep her from you and alienate her from you.

Why do they keep trying to make us believe that Avery and Morgan had such a great relationship and why would you take a young child to a memorial in the first place? Avery was barely a toddler when Morgan died.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6

Why is MOrgan the only one allowed to have a memorial service every flippin year?  (I mean, I know it's because he's a Corinthos and they apparently are the only important people in town).  But a whole service with balloons being released and Bobbi and Molly being alowed out of the closet for the occasion.  Ugh.  

Interesting showdown between Laura and Valentin. 

If rumours of HE leaving and Kiki being killed off are true, they are certainly dropping giant anvils that Ava will be blamed for the death, even if it isn't her.  The venom that she's spewing to anyone who will listen, first Ryan last week and now today both Julian and Alexis, as well as Kiki herself.  Hell hath no fury like an Ava Jerome scorned.  

• Love 5

So Carly gets to scream at the woman who had a hand in her son's death and Laura gets to drag the man responsible for her son's death, but Monica has to sit back and take it while her son's murderer and his after-the-fact accomplice swan all over town, including through her home, which Alan gave to her?  GRRRRRRRR.

Man alive do I hate Kiki.  Hey Keeks, remember how you were ten seconds away from dumping Morgan when he died, because he was treating you like garbage and you wanted to be with Dillon?

• Love 15

That memorial was stupid. I think the writers were sitting around patting themselves on the backs for that moving display complete with stories, music, and lanterns. Only problem is, nobody cares. I noticed there were no pictures or anything which makes me sure they intend to recast and bring him back from the dead.

Boy, today sure left no boxes unticked. Daily memo to Ava that she is worthless--check. Kiki being overly impressed with the sound of her own voice--check. Trotting out Avery (with actual speaking lines!) as a casualty of Morgan's death--check. The entire Corinthos gang congregated at Perk's to remind us of Morgan's darling industrial spirit--check. Highly choreographed JaSam hookup to convince us these two are compatible--check. You know, GH, you shouldn't have to put so much effort into things to get the audience to care. Spend less time and pomp and circumstance on a character who died two years ago and focus on writing something more authentic than the myopic viewpoint of the unholy trio.

I can't even enjoy Margaux popping up to confront Sonny about the loss he created in her life. She's not ever going to best him, so what's the point?

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Why is MOrgan the only one allowed to have a memorial service every flippin year?  (I mean, I know it's because he's a Corinthos and they apparently are the only important people in town).  But a whole service with balloons being released and Bobbi and Molly being alowed out of the closet for the occasion.  Ugh.  

Balloons??

I can just picture it:

Kelly: What's with all the fucking balloons and shit Frank?

Frank: We couldn't afford fireworks.

10 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

That memorial was stupid. I think the writers were sitting around patting themselves on the backs for that moving display complete with stories, music, and lanterns. Only problem is, nobody cares. I noticed there were no pictures or anything which makes me sure they intend to recast and bring him back from the dead.

Nah. They just don't want to pay Bryan Craig.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Balloons??

I can just picture it:

Kelly: What's with all the fucking balloons and shit Frank?

Frank: We couldn't afford fireworks.

I called them balloons but they were those white hot air balloon-lantern type thingys, that they released.  Not like the smiley face mylar helium ones that you get from Party City.  Still stupid though.  

Am I the only one that read the date on the gravestone and was shocked to read 2016?  Like, it's only been 2 years?  We've been hearing about wonderful Morgan and his death for so freakin' long, that I thought he had been dead longer than just 2 years.  

The other thing I hate is when they stand around reminiscing about all the wonderful things Morgan did and said, none of which was ever seen on screen.  I remember Morgan as douchey.  Stop telling me he was this great intelligent wondeful 'young man".  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Man alive do I hate Kiki.  Hey Keeks, remember how you were ten seconds away from dumping Morgan when he died, because he was treating you like garbage and you wanted to be with Dillon?

And … that she remembered the boathouse she and Morgan shared but forgot that she was lusting after his brother at the same time. 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Linny said:

The entire Corinthos gang congregated at Perk's to remind us of Morgan's darling industrial spirit--check.

Wasn't Dunkin' Corinthos Kristina's idea, her and WhatsHisName that she was dating for a while?

This Morgan shit is REFUCKINGDICULOUS. Yay for Dante not being around and participate in this shit.

WRITERS KIKI WOULD NOT REMINISCE TO MICHAEL ABOUT THE BOATHOUSE HE CAUGHT HER IN IT IN A BONDAGE POSITION WAITING FOR MORGAN TO POUNCE ON HER!!

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The other thing I hate is when they stand around reminiscing about all the wonderful things Morgan did and said, none of which was ever seen on screen.  I remember Morgan as douchey.  Stop telling me he was this great intelligent wondeful 'young man".  

I was gonna post a bunch of douchy Morgan moments but then I saw this video screencapped Dante looking down at his coffee like it was the foulest thing he ever tasted at the last Morgan service, so I decided to put that instead.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

WRITERS KIKI WOULD NOT REMINISCE TO MICHAEL ABOUT THE BOATHOUSE HE CAUGHT HER IN IT IN A BONDAGE POSITION WAITING FOR MORGAN TO POUNCE ON HER!!

Oh ew, I forgot about that.  And that it was Kristen Alderson Kiki makes it even worse!

• Love 1
On 10/5/2018 at 8:35 PM, Perkie said:

Now, to play devils advocate regarding Ava (mostly because I adore Maura West and wish people would stop piling on Ava when they are just as guilty as she is).  Ava switched the pills because she thought Morgan would do something stupid that would scare off Kiki.  I'm not sure what she thought the next step would be, that  once the two were broken up she would switch the pills back, I don't know.  I guess she didn't think that far ahead. 

She may have imagined a scenario of switching them back, but her thought probably was that what she had tainted was a finite supply. How many pills would logically be in that bottle? Let's say he had a month's supply of 90 tablets of 300 mg lithium, and he was supposed to take three a day:  morning, afternoon, and bedtime.  

She probably was betting he would have his meltdown within a month, and she could prove her point that he shouldn't be with Kiki. Then he'd be due for a refill soon, or else his doctor would try him on something else with the conclusion that the current treatment wasn't working (assuming everyone believed Morgan that he had been diligently following his schedule, which most would not have, because...Morgan). Likely there would not have been any scrutiny of the pills, though, to make sure they were what they were supposed to be. It just isn't where most people's minds go.   

Now, with the way mood stabilizers build in the bloodstream to work over time, I'm not so sure the "unraveling within a month" plot would be foolproof, but I can hand-wave that.  It's a soap, after all. They once had Robin getting kidnapped and doing the dramatic coughing and acting weak after not getting her HIV meds for a day or two. 

• Love 7

So tired of the Morgan slobbering.  I turned over to DOOL during those scenes and found myself getting interested again (after 20+ of not watching it).  Probably not what the memorial scenes were intended to do...

• Love 6

So was the audience suppose to feel passion and desperation from Jason and Sam today?

<====This will NEVER be attractive.

Burton should be exempt from any love scene unless it's fade to black.  I just can't.  Did ya'll see the run to the couch?  It wasn't just me?

Edited by Hater
  • Love 10

Not watching and not gonna watch.  But in reading about today's continued propping of all things Corinthi, the tone deafness is just astounding.  Here they all were mourning their dearly departed while mocking Margeaux (sp?) for wanting justice for her.  Just astounding.

• Love 11

Between the Morgan memorial and the Jasom hot sex, it seems like this was a good day to spend preparing Thanksgiving dinner.

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Why do they keep trying to make us believe that Avery and Morgan had such a great relationship and why would you take a young child to a memorial in the first place? Avery was barely a toddler when Morgan died.

Avery is a Corinthos, don''t cha know? She has to be involved in everything to do with the Corinthos clan.

2 hours ago, norahs99 said:

Not watching and not gonna watch.  But in reading about today's continued propping of all things Corinthi, the tone deafness is just astounding.  Here they all were mourning their dearly departed while mocking Margeaux (sp?) for wanting justice for her.  Just astounding.

Tone deaf is this show's middle name for the past couple of decades.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

@AuxArx, by all means, if you wish, check out DOOL!  By far, what's going on there is much better than any of the other three soaps.  Ironic, since Ron Carlivati, the former writer of this show, is currently the head writer over there.

I think Days is just a different kind of awful.  It's not as boring as GH but its plot driven and I find the writing hollow and silly.

• Love 2

Avery: When are we gonna start (Morgan's memorial)?

Me: WTF, you mean all the yammering on about how kind and gifted and smart and handsome Morgan was while drinking Corinthos blond roast lattes WASN'T the memorial?  Christ.

Also, I know, I know, Ava is "the devil," but holy hell if Kiki doesn't think Ava's wrath *right now* isn't at least somewhat justified.  Griffin wasn't be held captive and chained to Ava's bed, he was there willingly.  Right after he was with Kiki, for that matter.  And then the whole acting like she was Morgan's widow.  Girl, please, sit down.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 13
30 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Not to go too far off-topic, but I'm pretty sure that never happened in any of the five FD movies.  And even then, that doesn't just happen.  Death has to make it happen.

That I said, I agree that Griffin and Kiki would deserve it if it happened.

It happened in the first FD movie- it was actually a bus. I remember it because I was living in Chicago at the time and saw it at the budget theatre. The scene was so crazy because the character was saying the huge mea culpa speech and when it occurred the entire movie theatre exploded and popcorn and soda flew all over the place..I missed the next 5 minutes because people were slapping hands and laughing so long afterward..or maybe it was that Shark movie..anyways..

I'm just tired of Kiki - She has the nerve to walk around with her nose in the air..it's so infuriating to me. I mean Michael hated Sonny for less time for killing his father, now Michael running around town trying to protect his dad and grandfather from going to jail..it's just crazy to me.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, I know, I know, Ava is "the devil," but holy hell if Kiki doesn't think Ava's wrath *right now* isn't at least somewhat justified.  Griffin wasn't be held captive and chained to Ava's bed, he was there willingly.  Right after he was with Kiki, for that matter.  And then the whole acting like she was Morgan's widow.  Girl, please, sit down.

I don't think Ava's wrath is justified at all. Yeah, she could be heartbroken and everything, but she wants Kiki to suffer horribly. The way she was talking to Julian, you would think that she was talking about Sonny and Carly not the daughter that she has raised.  At the end of the day, she wants to reap down vengeance on her daughter because Kiki slept with a man who refused to say that he loved Ava, was constantly fighting with Ava because she was not good enough and who broke up with her only to have sleep with her daughter.

Is Ava so damned desperate for a man who clearly was not as invested in her as she was in him?

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 8

Did Laura even meet Morgun?  One of Laura's first stops is a Morgun memorial.  You can't make this crap up.

What a sideshow.  I know it's too much to ask for but I hope somehow the 1.5 and 1.3 ratings continue.  They deserve it.  Where is Tamron Hall when you need her?  

5 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

OMG, the way SBu sex-slammed KeMo down onto that desk looked more like a WWE professional wrestling move than a passion play. That had to have hurt! 

Wonder how her "new" hip held up after that.  Did you see him kiss the air after the body slam? 

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

JaSam.  Happiness or not enough dietary fiber?

1539054605_abc-soaps-in-depth-2018_22_10

Definitely a fiber issue.lol

Look how Kelly is leaning away from SB. WTH kinda face is that, Jason?? Oh yeah...sure. Those two totally look like lovebirds....end/sarcasm font

• Love 2

The Morgun stuff is all Maurice Benard.  He's always had quite the obsession with the Laurence Olivier of soaps, Mr.  Bryan Craig.  If they'd ever try to recast with a different actor, he'd throw another hissy fit over it.

• Love 1

Ugh. Please, don't make Bryan Craig your version of Jonathan Jackson to TG, Mo. Those chips are not of equivalent value.  

Doesn't seem as though Laura Wright shares in the love, based on that report of her saying so vehemently (and not in a displeased way) that Bryan Craig would never be back on General Hospital, and if Morgan returned he would be played by another actor.  

• Love 6