Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Michael's late teens, early twenties?

CD is almost 31.  Assuming Michael is the same age, he was 25 when Jason "left", already a full adult, and if memory serves, already working at ELQ.  The fact that idiot threesome treat him like he's 12 is annoying at best.  

3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I think Monica wasn't featured bc, what the hell are they are going to say to her:

LC was still out with her injury, though she's apparently back on the set now.  Why they didn't use the replacement Monica for the wedding is beyond me.  I guess she cost too much money and we wouldn't want someone at the wedding to be on Nelle's side.  Brad's already taking up that mantra.  

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

CD is almost 31.  Assuming Michael is the same age, he was 25 when Jason "left", already a full adult, and if memory serves, already working at ELQ.  The fact that idiot threesome treat him like he's 12 is annoying at best.   

I think that Michael is younger than Chad, but Michael would have been at least 18 when Jason was taken, maybe 22.

(edited)

I can't feel at all sorry for Nelle in this.  She has done the same thing to Carly all this time.  The only different is that Nelle is pregnant and doesn't have the long hateful history that Carly has.  So I applaud Nelle for fucking with Carly, and I cheer Michael on for fucking with Nelle and finally showing some fucking spine and some awareness.  

Now, about trying to take Nelle's baby away... I don't know that that is the specific goal of the situation.  Nelle has shown obvious signs of being mentally ill and criminal, and Michael is trying to get her convicted of a murder that she did commit, or at least see if she will attempt it again on him.  He has never said he was going to keep her from the baby, even though a separation is the natural conclusion of this situation.  He's not going to frame her, blackmail her, hold her hostage and threaten her to get her to sign over her child and never be a part of it's life.  Being in prison makes full time parenting impossible, but she would still be the kids mom.  

And Nelle, like many people on this show, absolutely deserves to be in prison.

I do like that, while the conversation is maddening in it's use of AJ (fuck you Sonny), it makes a point.  Sonny has been one the other side of Micheal making a plan like this.  It fucking works.  If Michael had stuck to his guns and Morgan and Kiki had stayed the fuck out of it... Michael may have continued to raise Avery until Ava's reveal, and with the system, probably long after.  He might still have her.  Not to mention that in contrast with Carly losing her shit over Michael making his own decisions, Sonny seems to have accepted that Michael is not foolishly trusting Nelle, and has his eyes open, so he's not trying to bully Michael into doing his bidding.

Jason treating Michael like a 13 year old version of Carly is extremely annoying and, as expressed above, hypocritical considering his reasons for running away from the Qs all those years ago.  He DOES see Michael as one of his sons, and his obvious favorite, but back the fuck off dude.

Nelle looked kind of pleased to see Carly at the wedding, so I don't think this is going to to derail things.

I think Ned is in on things with Michael.  His little Prenup conversation fell so neatly into Michael's plan to get Nelle to try and off him as I see it.  You have Chase on one side, planting doubts, making himself the guy who can "save" things for her and would be willing to kill to get her back.  Michael looking like he's manipulating her to get married for a better claim on the baby and then Ned to help confirm her own worries and doubts about Michael's sincerity.  Now it looks like she won't get anything if Michael divorces her, if he dies after making a will then she has limited access to his money through a trustee for the baby, but.... if he dies sooner... she's set for life.  I don't think it's entrapment, because no one has suggested killing Michael as an option or offered to do it for her, but she is being pushed into the corner to see how she lashes out.  If she does, it backs up the idea that murder is how she deals with stuff and may make it easier to get more evidence against her for killing Zach, like maybe encourage witnesses to come forward or something.  And if that doesn't work, then she's still on the hook for conspiracy to commit murder, if she goes for it, and if she doesn't... well, he's got the prenup and can get joint custody.  Worst case is Michael dies... 

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I think that Michael is younger than Chad, but Michael would have been at least 18 when Jason was taken, maybe 22

I don't think so, because Morgan was SORASed to around 21 when BC started, which was a year after Jason "died".  MIchael had already been SORASed prior to that, when they switched from Drew to Chad, so he would have been closer to 25.  

I stand corrected, I found this online:

Michael:  born December 29, 1997 (Revised to 1995, then 1991, then 1989, then 1992, then back to 1991, then back to 1992) General Hospital Port Charles, New York

Which would make him 26.  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The fact that idiot threesome treat him like he's 12 is annoying at best. 

Carly does love with her whole heart, you know.

13 minutes ago, ouinason said:

a murder that she did commit

Did Nelle murder Zach/k, though? Of course his family and Chase think she did, but there hasn't been anything definitive to prove that. Or did she tell Chase she did it when they were lovahs?

13 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Michael looking like he's manipulating her to get married for a better claim on the baby

He's the baby's father whether they're married or not; what advantage would the legality give him? The only thing I can think of is if shenanigans mean his name isn't on the birth certificate, but I can't imagine he wouldn't be aware of that. Unless they make him stupider than Nelle, which isn't out of the question, of course.

Just now, Perkie said:

Michael:  born December 29, 1997 (Revised to 1995, then 1991, then 1989, then 1992, then back to 1991, then back to 1992) General Hospital Port Charles, New York

LOL. Six times they've messed with his age! In some ways, it makes me glad Cam has only had the one SORAS. (I don't really count it as a SORAS when the babies are suddenly toddlers then preschool age, especially when they have few to no speaking lines.)

• Love 1

Yeah, Chase and Nelle were a one time thing, but I get your point.  No, we don't KNOW that she killed Zach, but.... I mean, if she actually tries to kill Michael, does it matter?  

By marrying for the baby, I meant tying Nelle and the baby to the household.  As long as Michael can keep Nelle happy, she and the baby aren't going anywhere.  So he could be just pretending to be in love so that she buys in all the way and stays.  And with the things that she has "accidentally" heard, it looks plausible, and is set up to make her doubt if the marriage will be able to last or if Michael will get bored and boot her to the curb with only child support and a co-parent.  That is not what she wants.  But it's not stated outright by anyone but Chase.

I think Chloe looked very pretty as a bride, even with the elebenty-month pillow.  I don't know where she stuck the heirloom hair clip for the walk down the aisle.  They make such a fuss over things, then they vanish. 

I think it's tacky to wear red to a wedding.  Joss and Lulu looked like they shopped for dresses in the bedspread department of Sears.  Sam could have left the dominatrix choker at home.  The "smile for the picture" from Drew and Sam should have been played more awkward, given their history.  Especially when Jason shows up right after.  We're not all friends here.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly does love with her whole heart, you know

Im curious if anyone loves with like 1/16th of their hearts.  

why, in 2018, marriage is the solution Michael comes up with to "catch" Nelle.

He keeps saying it has to do with the baby, so can Nelle stop him from having rights with the baby if they aren't married?  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Carly does love with her whole heart, you know

Im curious if anyone loves with like 1/16th of their hearts.  

Jason. Though 1/16th is probably being generous.

• Love 5

Jason saves what is left of his heart for Carly and Michael.  Liz has accepted it on Jake's behalf, Sam blinds herself to it.

5 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

A lot of people miss out on those years, because those are the years that kids often decide to leave the nest. 

Jason treats Carly like shes 12 ... wait, I was with a 12 year old this afternoon who is more mature than Carly.

Jason could have been around for all of Michael's youth and adulthood and I bet he still would have treated Michael like a child.

4 hours ago, ouinason said:

By marrying for the baby, I meant tying Nelle and the baby to the household.  As long as Michael can keep Nelle happy, she and the baby aren't going anywhere.  So he could be just pretending to be in love so that she buys in all the way and stays.  And with the things that she has "accidentally" heard, it looks plausible, and is set up to make her doubt if the marriage will be able to last or if Michael will get bored and boot her to the curb with only child support and a co-parent.  That is not what she wants.  But it's not stated outright by anyone but Chase.

It's typical of a child of Sonny and Carly to go about it in a manipulative and dishonest way.

Why bother with the whole wedding/will thing?  Just pay her off for full custody and let her know there is no more money coming so there's no reason to stick around.  This whole plot of marrying her and waiting for her to try to murder him (which assumes that she murdered Zach which they don't know for sure)  is ridiculously labyrinthine.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ouinason said:

I do like that, while the conversation is maddening in it's use of AJ (fuck you Sonny), it makes a point.  Sonny has been one the other side of Micheal making a plan like this.  It fucking works.  If Michael had stuck to his guns and Morgan and Kiki had stayed the fuck out of it... Michael may have continued to raise Avery until Ava's reveal, and with the system, probably long after.  He might still have her.  Not to mention that in contrast with Carly losing her shit over Michael making his own decisions, Sonny seems to have accepted that Michael is not foolishly trusting Nelle, and has his eyes open, so he's not trying to bully Michael into doing his bidding.

My problem with Sonny's line of thinking wasn't how obtuse Sonny was, that is to be expected, it is the writing and the acting choices that both Steven Burton and Chad Duell made. Especially Chad Duell. He seemed pretty unfazed by the conversation. I never thought that AJ and Michael were ever Father and Son- Sonny and Jason pretty much destroyed that, but they were able to build pretty friendly relationship in the short time they knew each other and he realized that his mom was full of shit about AJ. He should have looked a bit angry over Sonny being so nonchalant about taking AJ's life, considering Sonny is still not sorry for killing AJ or the distressed it caused Michael and the Qs, only that Michael was upset with him.

• Love 6

I really want Mikey to get some kind of psychiatric care, just to show how he compartmentalizes his life and his own moral compass to make his family stay whole.  Cause, I have no idea how he does it really.  Like, is he totally broken inside, or some kind of mental contortionist or what?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

@Bringonthedrama, yes he missed out on 5 years of Michael's life, but that was what, Michael's late teens, early twenties? A lot of people miss out on those years, because those are the years that kids often decide to leave the nest. Jason isn't AJ,

I agree with you.  I mean that Jason doesn't get that Michael isn't exactly the same as when Jason "died."  Younger Michael was more obedient/wouldn't have argued with Jason when Jason asked him not to do this. Jason also doesn't get/doesn't want to accept that Sam had changed - she was genuinely a different, and happier, more family-oriented person with Drew. Also, Jason would have nothing to do with his time if Michael, Sonny or Carly didn't have a crisis going on. 

Speaking of crisis, he's apologized to them for not being there when Morgan died. Does he still not know that he wasn't there when his own son had cancer? 

• Love 6

We don't know that Janelle killed her fiancé, but now we must believe that she will attempt to kill Michael.  Oh, how I wish that Show was smarter than this, and that Janelle is not going to be exposed as a killer, and Michael's schemes were for naught.  That would be soapy goodness.  But we know that will not happen.

• Love 5

I’m still a couple of days behind, so maybe the Hostage Shuffle has ended by now, but how in the hell did skinny Nina manage to carry/drag/catapult Peter to a detached root cellar by herself?  And then how did Nina and Liesl get him to Spoon Island without the ferry operator noticing? Did they stuff him into a rowboat, or float him over on a pool raft? The dumbness is making my head hurt.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m still a couple of days behind, so maybe the Hostage Shuffle has ended by now, but how in the hell did skinny Nina manage to carry/drag/catapult Peter to a detached root cellar by herself?  And then how did Nina and Liesl get him to Spoon Island without the ferry operator noticing? Did they stuff him into a rowboat, or float him over on a pool raft? The dumbness is making my head hurt.

Nina, skinny? Those biceps are defined.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Speaking of crisis, he's apologized to them for not being there when Morgan died. Does he still not know that he wasn't there when his own son had cancer? 

Does he care?  Does he care how Helena was terrorizing and manipulating Jake a year ago?

He couldn't even make plans with Sam and Danny to see the fireworks, he was only with Danny because he accidentally ran into them.

• Love 9

Aside from the initial rage incident, does Jason care that Liz is marrying Franco and thus exposing Jake to Franco on a permanent basis? (I won't even get into asking if Jason concerns himself with how Sam must feel that the man that sexually assaulted her on their honeymoon is alive and in their town, that's too much to ask for.) 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

does Jason care that Liz is marrying Franco and thus exposing Jake to Franco on a permanent basis?

Given that Lucky's name is on Jake's birth certificate, there's nothing legally Jason can do. And it's not as if Elizabeth is going to break things off with Franco because the Great Jason Morgan wants her to. I think Jason basically said to Elizabeth that he wants her to be happy, which is his standard line.

• Love 2

I got the impression that even if Jason cares, he's not going to bestir himself enough to actually give Jake a talk on what is molestation and what to do if it happens to him.

Jason gives only 5% (if that) of his attention to his young sons, and the other 95% to Carly and Michael. two grown-ass adults.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m still a couple of days behind, so maybe the Hostage Shuffle has ended by now, but how in the hell did skinny Nina manage to carry/drag/catapult Peter to a detached root cellar by herself?  And then how did Nina and Liesl get him to Spoon Island without the ferry operator noticing? Did they stuff him into a rowboat, or float him over on a pool raft?

They didn't bother explaining the logistics of it.  The same way they didn't explain Peter being tied to a bed for a month not having bodily functions.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I got the impression that even if Jason cares, he's not going to bestir himself enough to actually give Jake a talk on what is molestation and what to do if it happens to him.

Yeah, Elizabeth would have to ask Jason to talk to Jake. Jason isn’t going to take it on himself. I can’t see Jason even telling Jake to tell him if he thinks there’s something weird going on. Drew is the more likely person Jake would seek out.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Does he care?  Does he care how Helena was terrorizing and manipulating Jake a year ago?

He couldn't even make plans with Sam and Danny to see the fireworks, he was only with Danny because he accidentally ran into them.

He care more about who killed Morgan, plus Helena is dead. If Jason had the same widespread hate as he does the Jeromes, he'd blame Sam and Alexis for being Cassadines.

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

They didn't bother explaining the logistics of it.  The same way they didn't explain Peter being tied to a bed for a month not having bodily functions.  

I think Show missed an opportunity to explain that Faisons are genetically enhanced not to have bodily functions.

• Love 1

Just watching Friday's episode; did Brad really say to Lucas that he wished Lucas's family would give Nelle half a chance?  She didn't use the wrong fork or talk too loudly in church.  The woman targeted Lucas's sister and horridly messed with her family.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/15/2018 at 3:52 PM, statsgirl said:

To be fair to the murderhobo, his criminal history involves, but is not limited to: murder, attempted murder, stalking, kidnapping adults, kidnapping minors, sexual assault, paying a man to rape a minor, trespassing, graffiti, extortion, body stealing, blackmail and making shitty art. He has not, to the best of my knowledge, molested a child

I think the more pressing concern with Franco should probably be that Franco/Liz is gonna be his primary example of a relationship. I'm less worried about Achilles and Cicero because they spend most of their time in the attic.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think the more pressing concern with Franco should probably be that Franco/Liz is gonna be that kid's primary example of a relationship.

I wasn't watching when Liz got together with Franco. I know that for the past year Liz's sole role has been to prop him until she started supporting Kiki.  But as far as I recall, Franco has treated Jake decently.  He's encouraged Jake in his art and other things, and just generally being there for Jake when he needs him. And Franco does want to do nice things for Liz and her kids even if often they're seflish.

Who would be a better example of a relationship?  Sonny and Carly are like a yo-yo, breaking up and then getting together again.  Sam married Drewson, remarried him when she knew he wasn't Jason, and divorced him so fast it make heads spin.  Nina and Valentin break up when he lies to her and she leaves him, and then he does a magnificent gesture and they're together again.  Lulu and Dante had a good marriage but now he's gone and Lulu is single parenting.

And now here's Michael marrying Nelle in order to put her down.

Is there any relationship on the show for Jake to aspire to?

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Aside from the SOS, there's Liz/Lucky.

But Franco? Even if you ignored his pre-tumor and post-tumor felonies and his creepiness during their initial meetings/dates/conversations, he's still a shitty partner.  He constantly trespasses against Liz's boundaries - and given both his general history and his history with Liz specifically, he should be making a constant effort to respect them. As far as I can tell, he never even tries. Instead, he is almost wholly focused on himself and he seems to view Liz and Jake through a lens of what he needs/wants. It's gross. It's easily her worst relationship and that includes the one where her husband briefly considered murdering her. 

The bizarre thing is that Liz is probably his worst relationship too. Nina/Franco just about worked, Ava/Franco (as exes and co-conspirators) was fairly watchable and Carly/Franco (though an abomination) was at least two adults. With Liz, he is an infantile black hole of need, requiring constant reassurance and ego-stroking.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
On 7/13/2018 at 6:35 PM, Ladyrain said:

And why on god's green earth anyone would do to their face what JZ has done to hers.......no words.  When I google old picture of her, in her early GH days, she was so damn cute.  I will never believe that her naturally aged face would look any worse than that puffy plastic mask she's sporting now.

Seriously. They should never use unseen Bobbie's offscreen voice with people looking shocked/amused, as they did on Friday, because I don't even think about her wearing an inappropriate outfit. I assume she's had more face work done and now resembles a jungle cat or something.  

Both of the two posts above mine are right about Franco and Liz, in my opinion. I can't disagree with either one. Sometimes the response to a good point is another good point.  

More agreement to all the posts about the weird infantilization of Michael. Did we need about six scenes of people fretting over him (to his face or remotely) and encouraging him not to go through with the plan to marry Nelle? Did any of the current lead characters get that kind of treatment when they were pushing 30? (You know...in the '90s?) 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

With Liz, he is an infantile a black hole of need, requiring constant reassurance and ego-stroking.

Ugh, this. Elizabeth really has her hands full with her man-child fiancé. It's so gross that she has to do all the emotional heavy lifting, though TFGH. The men always skate.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

More agreement to all the posts about the weird infantilization of Michael. Did we need about six scenes of people fretting over him (to his face or remotely) and encouraging him not to go through with the plan to marry Nelle?

It's Michael, the Holy Child. The best of Carly and Sonny (ahem). What irks me more about all of this is that Michael isn't allowed to push back in any meaningful way. Telling people to trust him is not useful or effective, since they clearly don't trust him. It's so boring and dumb.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Everyone in town, frankly, should model their relationship on Molly and TJ.  Ever since that blip with Rafe and Taylor, they've been stable and drama-free (and barely on-screen, natch).

• Love 3

Big drama in the TJ/Molly relationship is probably, like, TJ loading the dishwasher wrong.

14 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Just watching Friday's episode; did Brad really say to Lucas that he wished Lucas's family would give Nelle half a chance?  She didn't use the wrong fork or talk too loudly in church.  The woman targeted Lucas's sister and horridly messed with her family.  

I mean, I get Brad having a soft spot for a "redeemed" bad girl - see his far superior friendship with Britt - but yeah, at this point in his relationship/marriage with Lucas, he should have relationships with Carly and Bobbie that far outstrip any kind of friendship with Nelle.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

at this point in his relationship/marriage with Lucas, he should have relationships with Carly and Bobbie that far outstrip any kind of friendship with Nelle.

Or Brad should at least realize he needs to stop trying to force other people to like Nelle because he does. You'd think he'd have learned that lesson from the Britt stuff.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Everyone in town, frankly, should model their relationship on Molly and TJ.  Ever since that blip with Rafe and Taylor, they've been stable and drama-free (and barely on-screen, natch).

Speaking of, where are they living?  Was that whole plot of Charles St. gentrification dropped?  

• Love 1

Last I heard, they were in their Charles Street apartment trying to put together a rent strike against their slumlord. I don't know if the story progressed beyond that because the whole thing was completely dropped. 

• Love 1

What was the point of Carly busting into the wedding?  It felt like the writers did it solely because this is a soap and Carly's Carly instead of it being a dramatic turning point in the story.  And gawd is that a boring use of that sometime fun trope.

Also super irritating was Sonny et. al decrying Ava calling the cops on Carly, pleading with Chase and Jordan to just let her go, etc..  Um, NO!  She was remanded to Ferncliff by a judge for a reason, she doesn't get to go free because she committed another assault and escaped.

And then more whining about Morgan.  And more Griffin assily coming at Ava.  This was the stuff of nightmares.

• Love 11

Carly's idiotic defense of her actions ("Kevin prescribed a safe dosage of medicine, so what's the big deal that I forcibly injected a woman with it?") and Jason and Sonny's responding looks of dismay was just delightful. In that moment you could tell they hated her just a little for making their job of protecting her incredibly more complicated.

Nelle's been pregnant forever and a day, those pains she experienced should have been the onset of labor. Guess she can't give birth until Lucas and Brad's baby is due and we finally see how these stories dovetail (whatever happens, please let it be good for Lucas and Brad).

I'm lost as to the point of Sam and Drew's scenes. I thought it was pretty clear she didn't regret their relationship (how could she, since it produced Scout?) so I don't see the need for them to keep talking about it. Maybe I'd be interested if they engaged in some breakup sex instead of talking. This is the most sexless triangle I've ever seen.

• Love 14

I'm over Griffin.  I don't know why he is so hellbent on Carly, Sonny, and the band of merry mobsters always being in the right, but it has gotten old.

Ava was right on when she called the cops on the ESCAPED MENTAL PATIENT.  Good grief.  This is a person who escaped the home for the criminally insane showing up at the wedding of the person she admitted to pushing down the stairs in a time of insanity.  What's with Jordan apologizing for sending her back to the booby hatch? That's where that pistachio belongs.  

Somehow I missed the ugliness that was Sam's dress on Friday.  It looks like a casual summer dress but in black and with a dominatrix collar. Lulu's was very Laura Ashley.

Carly threatening Big Van Vader the orderly is textbook Carly and a great example of why I now hate-watch this show. And, for the love of sushi, why are they back on this whole "prove Nelle set up Carly" idea?  Diane made it clear that even if they could prove that Nelle set up Carly, it would just reinforce that Carly pushed Nelle down the stairs because she is either evil or crazy. I guess we are all supposed to forget that part of the story?

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

Nelle's been pregnant forever and a day, those pains she experienced should have been the onset of labor. Guess she can't give birth until Lucas and Brad's baby is due and we finally see how these stories dovetail (whatever happens, please let it be good for Lucas and Brad).

But didn't the birth mother go into labor today, isn't that what Brad said?

And yes, nothing better happen to Baby Tony Jones-Cooper.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Linny said:

This is the most sexless triangle I've ever seen.

It really is, isn't it? No yearning glances, no stolen kisses, no illicit sex—nothing about this has been written for me to think "Thank god Jason and Sam got back together! They're truly each other's lobsters!" (Not that I'd ever think that about those two, but you get what I mean.)

• Love 7

If Michael were smart, he would just trick Nelle into thinking they were legally married and get her to admit that Carly didn’t push her down the stairs.  She would think that he wouldn’t be able to testify against her, due to spousal privilege but if they weren’t legally married; he could. Instead, we are being tortured by this inane plot by a bunch of morons.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AuxArx said:

Did Ned sign the marriage papers with the invisible ink?  They kept focusing on it, so it must be important.

I thought so too!  That would actually be kinda funny.

Nelle could have faked those pains to get Mikey to marry her right?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kiki777 said:

Nelle could have faked those pains to get Mikey to marry her right?

No—getting married was Michael's idea in the first place, or at least he's been the one pushing to get married now instead of later.