Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't see Dante or Jason disbelieving her story, and that's what you need for Carly (and others) to think she's losing her mind. 

Maybe, to make her believe that Morgan is still alive.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The gaslighting part is that the phone calls are from Morgan. Nelle hasn't leaned too heavily on that yet—I think she used his voice once—but the pay phone (LOL) is very close to the spot he died. Dante mentioned that to Jason yesterday.

Does anyone else go far back enough to think this is a lot like a plot from Knots Landing? But as scary schemers go, Nelle doesn't come up to Jill Bennett's knee. Jill had recordings of Ben from his newscasting appearances and was meticulously editing them together. "Val...it's...Ben..." Then she broke into Val's house and replaced a tape with a blank tape, so when Val tried to play what she had heard, it made her look crazy. That was some psycho-mastermind goodness. 

• Love 2

The Carly/Nelle story is deeply, deeply stupid. Of course Nelle's scheme will fail, but they aren't even giving it a chance. Carly should be dreaming of Morgan because reasons, so that when she hears his voice or the sound of the explosion there's more of a connection than a "Jigga wha?" There's been no setup for her to be anything but annoyed by these calls, and instead she seems...vaguely fearful, maybe? It's all very OOC for her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's sad, but does Georgie really need Maxie at this point? She's got Ellie  

It's more Maxie's loss at this point than Georgie, who will probably show up as a teenager some day and tell Maxie where to go. I don't even know why they decided to give her a second child. 

A) Agree with you. B) True, but I wonder about Georgie developing issues about her mother the way Maxie did about Frisco.

I said I feel sorry for Georgie, because it would be horrible if she had come with Spinelli to see Maxie, and overheard her mother say time spent with him and Georgie was a "waste" when it should have been time spent with Nathan, and no I'm not going to devote time to Georgie now because I need to spend the time accepting that my husband is dead. I would image a little girl would go running back to Ellie and being excessively clingy ... maybe at some point saying "Mommy Maxie doesn't love or want me."  At some point in the future I imagine Maxie would ask Georgie to be a good big sister to her child with Nathan, at which point Georgie would be justified in saying "Go f- yourself, I really don't care what you want or expect."

• Love 1
17 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Police departments do not clean up the scene of a crime, after they are done gathering evidence and doing the forensic stuff it is the responsibility of the homeowner to clean up the mess (believe it or not, and I was shocked when I came across this fact).

Isn't it Carly's responsibility as the owner of the building that Crimson rents those offices from?  Of course, it would never occur to Carly because it's not about her.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Hey, you're preaching to the choir. And I would assume Georgie calls Ellie "mommy". Ellie may not have given birth to her, but she is her mother in every way that matters, in ways that Maxie never was or wanted to be.

Granted I've been on and off the barge so many times that my recollection is patchy but didn't Maxie want to maintain custody of Georgie?  Or at least have better visitation? And then the judge, in one of those ridiculous TV legal cases put ridiculous restrictions on her that she couldn't possibly do as a real person?  And when Spinelli and Ellie moved across the country, they took Georgie with them and Maxie couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Of course Georgie calls Ellie "mom".  That's who her father is married to, that's who she lives with.  But in my book, the definition of a good parent is doing what is best your child over what your wants are. Maxie said that she was glad that Spinelli hadn't brought Georgie with her to the funeral because as much as she wanted to see Georgie, it was better that she stay and go on her first school field trip.

Is forcing Georgie to fly back and forth across the country so she can spend time with Maxie is what's best for Georgie? I don't think so. And Maxie can't go back and forth to be with her because she has a job.  It's not realistic to ask Maxie to uproot herself and leave her family and friends because Spinelli decided to move.  Maxie just spend months in Portland and it nearly cost her her marriage. Should she give up everything in Port Charles because her ex decided to take her child across the country? I don't see why Spinelli should have the decision about Maxie's life.

And while his heart was in the right place, I think having Maxie go to stay with him and Ellie is a terrible idea.  Maxie needs the support of her family and friends and to do her job right now, not to feel like a stranger in Spinelli's guest room with nothing to do all day. She doesn't need to see Georgie call Elli 'mom', or to know that this is a family unit that she herself will never have with Nathan and their baby.  Most of the time when being with your child helps a woman through tragedy, it's because she had to pull herself together and provide for that child. Maxie would not have to in Ellie's house, she'd just be an outsider staying in the guest room.  And Georgie doesn't need to see Maxie mourn and wonder if she's going to lose her father or mother. 

Warm thought , bad idea.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Granted I've been on and off the barge so many times that my recollection is patchy but didn't Maxie want to maintain custody of Georgie?  Or at least have better visitation? And then the judge, in one of those ridiculous TV legal cases put ridiculous restrictions on her that she couldn't possibly do as a real person?  And when Spinelli and Ellie moved across the country, they took Georgie with them and Maxie couldn't do a damn thing about it.

I don't remember tbh. But this is what happens when the writers decide to write a real-life pregnancy into the show. It makes for a lot of fuckery.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't remember tbh. But this is what happens when the writers decide to write a real-life pregnancy into the show. It makes for a lot of fuckery.

Thats the thing, at the time, KS wasn't pregnant, she only became pregnant during the storyline, which I always suspected saved Maxie from having even more character destroying storyline for her because she was going on maternity leave. I always, always hated that they gave Spinelli a happy ending with Georgie and Ellie (who he cheated on when he conceivied a baby with Maxie). He had far more to do with Sonny shooting Dante than Lulu had to do with Nathan's death. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't it Carly's responsibility as the owner of the building that Crimson rents those offices from?  Of course, it would never occur to Carly because it's not about her.

And when Spinelli and Ellie moved across the country, they took Georgie with them and Maxie couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Of course Georgie calls Ellie "mom".  That's who her father is married to, that's who she lives with.  But in my book, the definition of a good parent is doing what is best your child over what your wants are. Maxie said that she was glad that Spinelli hadn't brought Georgie with her to the funeral because as much as she wanted to see Georgie, it was better that she stay and go on her first school field trip. Maxie just spend months in Portland and it nearly cost her her marriage. Should she give up everything in Port Charles because her ex decided to take her child across the country? I don't see why Spinelli should have the decision about Maxie's life.

I sort of expect that Carly will say something like "Since Sam has decided that  Drew and this media business are so important to her, then she and Drew can pay for and arrange the clean-up. It's not like I as the hotel owner invited Faison here." 

Spinelli and Ellie did NOT move to Portland against Maxie's wishes.  Spinelli told Maxie that Ellie got a great job offer, and he and Maxie talked about what to do. Maxie said Ellie should take the job, and Spinelli should go with her and take Georgie; she (Maxie) was a mess and not up to parenting her child. (After that, she went off to 'find herself' and left the apartment in new acquaintance Nathan's hands, eventually returning with awful Levi.)

Did Spinelli and Ellie get married at some point?  Maxie asked Spinelli was she wrong to not want Georgie at the funeral, and Spinelli said that instead, Georgie went on her first school field trip. Maxie didn't know ahead of time that there was a field trip, or the destination. Maxie spent months working elsewhere and seeing Georgie more regularly. She didn't go off to Portland to be close to her daughter at the expense of her marriage. Maxie and Nathan apparently being incapable of smart decision-making in their own lives/marriage is what caused the strain in their marriage.  Spinelli has never suggested that Maxie give up everything to be more present in Georgie's life.

• Love 4

re: Crimson, is the show seriously saying that literally Maxie and nina are the only ones working there? When Maxie said what about the magazine when they went to class, I thought Nina was gonna say so and so will take care of it. But nope, she just said they could just do it later. 

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I sort of expect that Carly will say something like "Since Sam has decided that  Drew and this media business are so important to her, then she and Drew can pay for and arrange the clean-up. It's not like I as the hotel owner invited Faison here." 

They specifically had a scene with Carly and Nina where she was apologetic than Nina found the bloodstained rug. She said the police didn't allow her staff near to the crime scene before Nina return to the office. Carly did not think that Nina would have been there before her staff could clean up the office. When Nina told her that Valentin would pay to replace the rug, Carly said that she was responsible as Nina and Crimson were her tenants and she apologized for what Nina walked into.

• Love 3

Do we really need nuNathan? First off, he looks too similar to old Nathan & current cast member, Griffin. Secondly, couldn’t have casting been a little more creative? Maybe, the new partner could have been Black, Asian, a woman & or gay (maybe he is) which I doubt since they have fired their two gay characters. 

• Love 3

Spinelli has never suggested that Maxie give up everything to be more present in Georgie's life.

Realistically, how can she be more present in Georgie's life without moving to Portland?  Georgie is too young to make the cross-country journey even if alternate weekends were possible.

Maxie fought for custody of Georgie and it was taken away from her.  As you say,when Maxie was an emotional mess she agreed that Spinelli should take Georgie with them to Portland. Now that she's straightened out, she's not fighting for custody of Georgie which would hurt Georgie by taking her away from her stable home.

I agree with Maxie that Georgie should not have been at the funeral. Funerals are not a good place for young children especially since Georgie wasn't that close to Nathan. Georgie didn't need to see her mother crying and so upset.

28 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Do we really need nuNathan? First off, he looks too similar to old Nathan & current cast member, Griffin. Secondly, couldn’t have casting been a little more creative? Maybe, the new partner could have been Black, Asian, a woman & or gay (maybe he is) which I doubt since they have fired their two gay characters. 

They could have avoided casting someone who looks so similar to Nathan and Griffin. But they do need a male character twentysomething if only to mix up things somewhat for future storylines.  There's only  Michael in that age group on the show right now. Maybe Griffin, Dante and Peter if you extend to the late thirties/forties. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The nod to diversity was making him the first Red Sox fan on a series choking with Yankees rooters, past and present  That bit with the mug was my favorite part. The way he wordlessly took it out, and Dante glowering, was a good lighter beat amid all the grimness. Not that Yankees/Red Sox fans take that rivalry lightly at all.  The baseball season is about to kick off, so if he's going to stick around and be a presence, they can make that a running gag.  

I did think, "Whoa, Matt Cohen clone." However, they could change something up to mitigate that a little. If he's a good actor and shows some chemistry with DZ, I'll be okay with him.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5

That Carly always lost. This Carly is just nasty.

She sits in a police interrogation room with a serial killer and jokes about how much time they spend in police stations.  She is married to another serial killer and dated/lived with a serial killer before then.  Carly refuses to admit that her son was killed by a BOMB that is part of the tricks and trade of her vile thug of a husband's chosen career.  She only mentions her son's mental illness when talking about Ava but never warns her husband to not mix his medication with alcohol.  Have Carly and Sonny been awarded full custody of Avery?  I never watched previous incarnations of Carly, but this Carly never seems to have taken a vacation in the last seven or eight years.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Realistically, how can she be more present in Georgie's life without moving to Portland?  Georgie is too young to make the cross-country journey even if alternate weekends were possible.

Maxie fought for custody of Georgie and it was taken away from her.  As you say,when Maxie was an emotional mess she agreed that Spinelli should take Georgie with them to Portland. Now that she's straightened out, she's not fighting for custody of Georgie which would hurt Georgie by taking her away from her stable home.

Maxie could be more present by planning to go to Portland more often before she's too pregnant to fly.  For example, she could have taken one day off and had 4 days that included Presidents' Day weekend. Kids have off for a week for spring break/Easter in approximately a month; she could make sure she's in Portland for that week to spend quality time with Georgie. 

To me, the issue isn't about Maxie fighting for custody or not. It's that the script writers don't have Maxie talking about longing to spend more time with Georgie/expressing regret on all that she's missing. It seems she's perfectly content to play the role of occasional "fun aunt" to her own daughter, with Spinelli and Ellie doing the actual hard work of raising the child. Then in her scenes of talking to Nathan's unconscious body, she spoke only of swinging with "our kid" - not of looking forward to spending time with both her children in the future. More recently when she was giving the 'pep talk' to her unborn child, she spoke as if this baby is her sole focus. No mention of, "Georgie will help us stay strong" or some line acknowledging she wants Georgie to be present in their lives.

6 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Have Carly and Sonny been awarded full custody of Avery?

Sonny forced Ava to sign some papers giving him custody of Avery when she was lying in her ICU bed with most of her body covered in burns (which we never heard about again other than the one on her face.).  It was new levels of grossness for someone who is gross most of his life anyway. But I don't recall anything about a judge formalizing it. I wish Ava would get a lawyer and fight it.  Between getting her to sign on her bed on pain, hanging up AJ on a meathook to sign over Michael and getting Jax banned from being in the US and visiting Joss, Sonny makes a career of stealing other people's children.  Maybe it's because his biological ones, Kristina and Morgan, are so bad.  Dante gets a pass because Olivia raised him away from Sonny.

To me, the issue isn't about Maxie fighting for custody or not. It's that the script writers don't have Maxie talking about longing to spend more time with Georgie/expressing regret on all that she's missing. It seems she's perfectly content to play the role of occasional "fun aunt" to her own daughter, with Spinelli and Ellie doing the actual hard work of raising the child.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree about this because it's hitting different emotional chords for us. As long as Georgie is happy and has as much access to Maxie as she wants, I don't see the situation as a problem. She's better off than Maxie herself was as a child with a disappearing father.  I think Spinelli and Ellie are the lucky ones, to have Georgie full time. Maxie may be missing out on the hard work but she's also missing out on all the joy of raising a child.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The nod to diversity was making him the first Red Sox fan on a series choking with Yankees rooters, past and present 

If they really want diversity, this guy should be a Brewers fan.

To me, the issue isn't about Maxie fighting for custody or not. It's that the script writers don't have Maxie talking about longing to spend more time with Georgie/expressing regret on all that she's missing.

I think the current writers don't know what to do about the Georgie situation. If they bring her to PC, they have to cast a kid actor, and we know how Frank feels about the bottom line, especially when it comes to kids who aren't Nicolas Bechtel or named Jake. But since they leave Georgie in Portland, Maxie comes off looking like a very disinterested mother, which is not great for a pregnant woman. It's one of the problems of using pregnancies and babies are a main story for women. You either have to tock the babies or account for them. With Georgie the show is trying to have its usual both ways—and, as usual, failing.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree about this because it's hitting different emotional chords for us. As long as Georgie is happy and has as much access to Maxie as she wants, I don't see the situation as a problem. 

I agree with you, but I don't think that's what the show is trying to go for. But imo, they should explicitly state that is the situation, because I don't think it makes Maxie unsympathetic either.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If they bring her to PC, they have to cast a kid actor, and we know how Frank feels about the bottom line, especially when it comes to kids who aren't Nicolas Bechtel or named Jake.

They could "cast" one, parade her around for one day, and then never show her. She could perennially be "with Mac and Felicia," but we'd know she's in town.  Georgie has been a uniquely weird situation, though, and I think they just want to maintain her status quo and have us think she has friends in Portland and is really close to Ellie, and it's better not to disrupt what's working (in the show's reality and ours too).  If the show hangs in for a couple more years, she can come to town as a 16-year-old who wants to destroy Maxie. (Just for trolling purposes, she can babysit Liz's three boys, and read a bedtime story to Cameron, who is wearing pajamas with feet.) 

Your post reminded me that Charlotte has not even been much of a thing lately. 

26 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Faison/Nathan's death/Peter is Lulu and Valentin's main concern right now, which is fine with me. Unless there's going to be a significant change in custody, I'm fine with that story being on the back burner.

29 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

If the show hangs in for a couple more years, she can come to town as a 16-year-old who wants to destroy Maxie.

Ugh, please, no. I'm so tired of kids wanting revenge on a parent who wasn't a part of their lives in the first place. I'm fine with Georgie resenting Maxie, but there's no reason Maxie should be destroyed. Spin and Ellie have been written as loving, caring parents to Georgie. 

One of the few things I really liked about Nathan was that he harbored absolutely no grudges toward Holly for giving him up for adoption. 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree about this because it's hitting different emotional chords for us. As long as Georgie is happy and has as much access to Maxie as she wants, I don't see the situation as a problem. She's better off than Maxie herself was as a child with a disappearing father.  I think Spinelli and Ellie are the lucky ones, to have Georgie full time. Maxie may be missing out on the hard work but she's also missing out on all the joy of raising a child.

I agree with dubbelzout and ulkis that the Show is trying to have it both ways, and what you're talking about doesn't seem to be what they're going for.  Maxie's portrayal regarding children in general and then Georgie specifically, has been ... not great. I remember a scene where Maxie and Liz were held captive together briefly and Maxie was jealous of the attention Liz was getting from Matt, so she said Matt could never be into a woman who smells like spit up (or something like that) - basically implying that Elizabeth was gross because she had young children.  Then when Emma was an infant, Maxie was enthusiastic about babysitting her for a couple minutes - until Emma fussed. Then she called Spinelli for back up. Fast forward to when Georgie was an infant. Maxie was crying in the cemetery, saying she couldn't possibly handle staying away fro/not having custody of Georgie for X number of months, so she was going to take pills right then and there and commit suicide. Robin stopped her.

So I don't really know *how* Maxie feels about her access to Georgie.  Has she just been excited about having another baby because she's in love with Nathan and he couldn't wait to be a father? She seemed fulfilled in working in a field she loves, and being in a committed relationship to Nathan. That's it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

One of the few things I really liked about Nathan was that he harbored absolutely no grudges toward Holly for giving him up for adoption. 

You mean Ethan. ;)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Thank god for small favors. I think I totally forgot about her until you mentioned her. Hopefully, she’s at the old soap staple known as boarding school.  

• Love 3

I read the tweets from Nathan Varni podcast and he lies for no reason, about simple things that can be checked out. Said the reason Britt wasn't at Nathan's funeral because those in jail don't get to come to funerals. A simple Google search told me that whether or not an inmate is allowed to attend a funeral is made on a case-by-case basis, dependent on whether the deceased is immediate family (yes), does she pose risk if she was let out for the day, and where she is jailed versus where the funeral is. 

A small thing I forgot to mention on Friday - Piph's remark about having Milo get rid of Franco if she really though he was a danger to Liz would have been a semi-cute, harmless joke...if Milo wasn't, in fact, a mobster who probably routinely does that kind of work for Sonny and Jason.  A reminder that, while the show seems to view Piph as a moral authority, she's as in bed with the mob as everyone else.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

A small thing I forgot to mention on Friday - Piph's remark about having Milo get rid of Franco if she really though he was a danger to Liz would have been a semi-cute, harmless joke...if Milo wasn't, in fact, a mobster who probably routinely does that kind of work for Sonny and Jason.  A reminder that, while the show seems to view Piph as a moral authority, she's as in bed with the mob as everyone else.

Can you imagine if she made a joke about having Ava slip him some bad medication?  Of course not, because that's deemed as evil.  But, heehee haha hoho, Milo working as a mob enforcer is played for laughs.  Because he's only really protecting Sonny's coffee beans.  Or is he?  Oh, who cares, right show, because it's cute that Piph has a hot young boyfriend.

Get bent, show.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No.  And not that it makes any difference, but I thought he quit being one of Mooby's lackeys?

I think he was going to quit Sonny to work as a fitness instructor at the spa that (Lucy and Laura? Felecia and Laura? Lucy  and someone?) never opened. 

But at least he's only working for Sonny offscreen and we don't have to see him. I was never that crazy about the stripping anyway.

• Love 1

I know Nelle is just trying to make a play, but the fact that a high schooler has to sit across from her and explain very slowly why naming her baby Morgan is a bad idea... just makes her look super pathetic. Can this character be written off soon???

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 6

I'm sure we're supposed to think Detective Chase is a big, evil meanie for his attitude with Sonny today, but OMG, his not having it was so great, I want to have his baby that is later swapped with another baby.

Rushing through this Alzheimer's story was a mistake.  A real soap opera would have had Mike around for a while before he started slipping.

Did Brad give an excuse/reason that I missed why LUCAS (WHO?) wasn't the one to have that conversation with Julian?

Shut up, Joss.

• Love 6

Brad said that it would be too hard for Lucas to talk to Julian about it so he offered to.  Because he looooves Lucas so much.

I'm disappointed that Joss is becoming as insufferable as Carly. For one thing there's no conflict. I miss the Joss who was the truthteller.  STFU Joss. and STFU Brad.  "The biggest crime boss in New York" and his wife will be an intimate part of the baby's life, but you want Julian to stay away. I know they don't want to pay the Lucas actor but wow, that was gutless of Lucas to send Brad to have that scene with Julian. It could have been so much more between Lucas and Julian.

I'm enjoying NewCop standing up to Sonny.  Too bad it's not going to last.  He's absolutely right too, it's not the cop's call whether or not to release someone he's arrested.  Maybe Nathan would have let Mike go; another reason to be glad he's gone.

Of course Jason finds someone to id the caller when no one else can. I'm hoping that Carly really goes off the bend with this though I know it's going nowhere bad for Carly.

Ava and Griffin in matching black, even more of a downer than their scene together. And Mike, Sonny, Dante, NewCop and of course Jason in black too. Carly in dark purple.. Such a joyful show.

• Love 4

First week on the job and Chase has gone head to head with Sonny and learned the hard way that a Corinthos is above the rules, talk about a baptism by fire. I do feel sorry for Mike, but I don't at all blame Chase for trying to do things by the book. And of course Dante is already negatively comparing Chase to Nathan after only knowing the guy for a few days.

I still like Ava and Griffin, but discussions of love and describing it as flying kind of makes me cringe. I'm also horribly distracted by the art in Ava's gallery and can't stop paying it attention (they kissed in front of a robot tangled in vines, WTF?)

Alright, who is selling that much vodka to a visibly pregnant woman? And money's supposed to be tight for Nelle, yet she's got enough to throw at Hillbilly Hagrid to buy his help in this scheme. I. Hate. This. Storyline.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I think that's mostly what it's about, giving Anna a plausible reason to seek out her (ew) child with Faison versus leaving said child be.  I would be shocked if any of the Faison fam actually comes down with Huntington's.  Though, naturally, I wouldn't mind hearing that this information gets passed along to Britt.

It's also an easy out if the storyline is a fail - a "severe" case, Anna weeps, Robin works diligently trying to save her sister, she dies and is never spoken of again.

Is the new detective Maxie's new cop?  

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Asp Burger said:

Does anyone else go far back enough to think this is a lot like a plot from Knots Landing? But as scary schemers go, Nelle doesn't come up to Jill Bennett's knee. Jill had recordings of Ben from his newscasting appearances and was meticulously editing them together. "Val...it's...Ben..." Then she broke into Val's house and replaced a tape with a blank tape, so when Val tried to play what she had heard, it made her look crazy. That was some psycho-mastermind goodness. 

Didn't she also kill herself, and frame Gary for her murder?  She was scary.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Linny said:

And of course Dante is already negatively comparing Chase to Nathan after only knowing the guy for a few days.

Isn't it just one day?  I thought that this is Chase's first day and they had just met before Dante went off to save Carly.

I wish Julian would stop being so passive with the pipsqueaks.  Someone needs to tell Josslyn that there is such a thing as manners and people who live in mob houses shouldn't throw stones.  He needs to tell Brad that Lucas should stop associating with Carly and Sonny if he wants to be mob-free, and hey what about Brad himself almost getting fired a few months ago? The storyline is so imbalanced.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't it just one day?  I thought that this is Chase's first day and they had just met before Dante went off to save Carly.

I wish Julian would stop being so passive with the pipsqueaks.  Someone needs to tell Josslyn that there is such a thing as manners and people who live in mob houses shouldn't throw stones.  He needs to tell Brad that Lucas should stop associating with Carly and Sonny if he wants to be mob-free, and hey what about Brad himself almost getting fired a few months ago? The storyline is so imbalanced.

It actually took me a few minutes to think why Sonny and Carly would even have anything to do with Brad/Lucas' potential baby. And hey, Lucas and Brad, your other sister was married to Jason Morgan, so you aren't clean there, either. Honestly, I don't think Lucas and Brad would be too high on anyone's list of potential adoptive parents, because of their multiple levels of family history of mob life.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3

It just so glaring, on a day where Sonny is being called out on his reputation as the most powerful mob boss in all of NY, it's also being claimed that Julian being ex-mob is somehow worse.  I get that Julian's crimes might have been more public, given we saw his arrest and release covered in the media, but still, clearly Sonny being a mobster isn't some big secret.  And yet Brad and Lucas want a letter from Mrs. Sonny Corinthos in their file?  Whaaa?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm sure we're supposed to think Detective Chase is a big, evil meanie for his attitude with Sonny today, but OMG, his not having it was so great, I want to have his baby that is later swapped with another baby.

Rushing through this Alzheimer's story was a mistake.  A real soap opera would have had Mike around for a while before he started slipping.

Did Brad give an excuse/reason that I missed why LUCAS (WHO?) wasn't the one to have that conversation with Julian?

Shut up, Joss.

Brad's last excuse - that Lucas was in emergency surgery - was ridiculous.  ER physicians do not perform surgery.  But this is the soap where Elizabeth is an ER, OR, and med-surg nurse depending on the story line.  Has she done pediatrics as well?  Nursery?  

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 2

New detective dude is my hero.  He refused to be bullied by Sonny and Dante.  And he looks a lot like Griffin.  I think I may be in love.

I'm not too sure where this Nelle-calling-Carly-from-a-pay-phone is going to go.  Jason and Dante know she's been getting calls from the phone - they traced the number.  So Carly knows she isn't going nuts. Carly can block the number, and that ends the whole thing.  Or the calls continue, Jason will stake out the phone, and everyone finds out Nelle was behind it. Either way, Carly ends up just fine.  So...what's the point?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

f Milo wasn't, in fact, a mobste

Not that it matters, but Milo's not working for Sonny anymore.  He opened some gym something or other and disapeared in off screen land.  Which is why it was weird that Pif said it in the first place.  

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shut up, Joss.

Considering who dear old step dad is and considering Julian is lending them the bar, FREE OF CHARGE for their alternative dance, thereby losing out money for that night, yeah, shut up Joss.  Though I did like that she was having none of that, 'lets name the baby Morgan' nonsense.  I laughed because Nelle thought for sure she'd have Joss on her side for that and got a bit rattled that she didn't.  

55 minutes ago, Linny said:

Alright, who is selling that much vodka to a visibly pregnant woman?

She could be having a party.  Just because she bought it all doesn't mean she's going to drink it!!  Also, when does Nelle have time to hang out on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and befriend the local whinos, in case someone's going to trace the call to that payphone.  

14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

clearly Sonny being a mobster

I'm sorry, you must be mistaken, Mr Corinthos is a coffee importer.  Surely you've seen the little signs on evil Julian's tables that say, "serving Corinthos coffe"  

20 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

nd hey, Lucas and Brad, your other sister was married to Jason Morgan

Okay, this took me twenty minutes to figure out.  I was sitting here thinking, "Brad has a sister???"  "Lucas has a sister other than Carly???"  Poor Lucas, always stuck in the closet.  

2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Not that it matters, but Milo's not working for Sonny anymore.  He opened some gym something or other and disapeared in off screen land.  Which is why it was weird that Pif said it in the first place.

But I believe, after that, we had scenes of Milo again and heard he was working for Sonny again.  Maybe around the time Drew-as-Jason got shot?

10 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

New detective dude is my hero.  He refused to be bullied by Sonny and Dante.  And he looks a lot like Griffin.  I think I may be in love.

I get the feeling that he's temporary.  Just for the "Dante has to break in a new partner/Sonny has to yell at someone" story then he'll be gone and Dante will do all the detective work.  It's not like Nathan and Dante had that much to do in the first place, since everyone knows that Jason/Sonny/Spinelli solve all the crimes and there is no need for a police force.  

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But I believe, after that, we had scenes of Milo again and heard he was working for Sonny again.  Maybe around the time Drew-as-Jason got shot?

I vaguely remember Max showing up with Milo around that time, but I thought they had said he was only there briefly, until whatever crisis had been averted.  But I could be wrong, it's been know to happen!!

• Love 1

There was a comment about Milo being off from guarding the Corinthos house perimeter at Christmas so someone (I can't remember who) could just walk up to the house. So I guess that the writers have forgotten that Milo doesn't work for Sonny any more. Or maybe the gym failed. Offscreen.

I want NewCop to stay!! (stamps foot) There's no conflict if everyone just falls in line with Sonny (see: Julian above). I think they also need a new twentysomething man for Kiki.

• Love 1