Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How big a surprise can the proposal have been when they're both dressed up?

Kevin told Laura they were dressing up for a costume party though.

An Old Hollywood party, so it's not as if they were in goofy outfits.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

An Old Hollywood party, so it's not as if they were in goofy outfits.

I don't think I would have realized that this is the big proposal if I were Laura though. Like Laura, I'm at the age when I'd be much more likely to go to an Old Hollywood party and play elegant dress-up.  I'd take a pass on one with goofy outfits.

Lulu also got dressed up for the party (and then elegantly went to GH) so that Laura wouldn't be suspicious.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

Sonny is such a bumbling fool. He claims to not know who Jason is to Fakeson and in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE, calls Jason by his name to Fakeson, making it abundantly clear he DOES know Jason.  Then he turns around and whispers who Jason is to Dante, like he's a kid spilling a big secret. If he was just going to blab to Dante 30 seconds later, why did he pathetically try to lie to Fakeson about it?  Also, why does Fakeson not recognize his old face?

But I did like Carly trailing after Jason to the PCPD, crazed glint of "Love ME, Pick ME!" in her eyes. Oh, I've missed that Carly. The previews look even better.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Vella said:

But I did like Carly trailing after Jason to the PCPD, crazed glint of "Love ME, Pick ME!" in her eyes. Oh, I've missed that Carly.

Speaking of which, this is another instance where I wished Jordan was a stronger character who wouldn't take shit from the likes of Carly.  She says she won't leave unless you arrest her?  ARREST HER, JORDAN!

• Love 11

Going to miss the last 30 minutes of today's episode here in NYC.  Special Report.  Some crazy in a truck moved down a ton of pedestrians on the West Side Highway Bike Path.  Gun fight with police.  Sigh.  Crazy world we live in.  Can someone please re-cap?

Edited by Winston Wolfe
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So is lying to a baby's father that he is the father and then getting angry at a person you said you loved when she tells the truth. That's morality stripped away.

Are you talking about Michael because I remember him saying that that he wasn't going to lie. Carly overheard both Tony and AJ saying that they were going to take the baby away from her as soon as he was born so she lied and said that Jason was the father. Jason told her he wouldn't lie if he was asked.

Robin knew he had problems with the Quartermaine's about how they treated him after his accident but she took it upon herself to tell AJ. What she believed was right was more important to her than what he wanted. I would have been angry at her too. She was his girlfriend not AJ's.

• Love 1

I can not stand the way LW plays Carly and her constant need to dry hump Jason's legs.  

Jason should have taken Sam to the hospital where everyone sees him and not to Sonny's house.  

Loved all things Laura and Kevin.   Hate McBain (yes, ME is back to playing John McBain) and Anna.

Hate Nina and Valentine.

Dante and Lulu looked so cute and I can't stand Lulu most of the time.

Andre finally showed some passion and I want to know what experiments he's talking about!

Dr. Klein is hot with his sexy self.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Vella said:

Sonny is such a bumbling fool. He claims to not know who Jason is to Fakeson and in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE, calls Jason by his name to Fakeson, making it abundantly clear he DOES know Jason.  Then he turns around and whispers who Jason is to Dante, like he's a kid spilling a big secret. If he was just going to blab to Dante 30 seconds later, why did he pathetically try to lie to Fakeson about it?  Also, why does Fakeson not recognize his old face?

But I did like Carly trailing after Jason to the PCPD, crazed glint of "Love ME, Pick ME!" in her eyes. Oh, I've missed that Carly. The previews look even better.

Oh my gosh this! No comment about how he looks how he used to look or anything. Give me a break. If someone showed up with the face I was born with, you know I'd be asking for some answers. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Also, why does Fakeson not recognize his old face?

But he kind of did.  He called him imposter to Sonny and Dante, then when he went to sit with Sam, he was talking to her and said "I am Jason, your Jason" with the emphasis on the word "I".  

Andre said something that made me wonder if SBu is the real Jason or not.  He told Kline that he just wanted to finish his research (research on what).  Then said Six was in town where "he thinks the people he loves are" (Im paraphrasing that because I can't remember the actual wording).  Just made me go hmmm. 

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Going to miss the last 30 minutes of today's episode here in NYC.  Special Report.  Some crazy in a truck moved down a ton of pedestrians on the West Side Highway Bike Path.  Gun fight with police.  Sigh.  Crazy world we live in.  Can someone please re-cap?

Looks like the NY incident could be terror related. Sigh, indeed.

And in LA, we have a hostage situation at an elementary school, so we won't be seeing today's episode at all. 

So I'll second the request for a recap. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, OhIKnow said:

So I'll second the request for a recap.

I write the daily recap for the Daytime Confidential website, so this is today's in it's entirety.  

BJason orders SJason to put Sam down and wants to get her to the hospital.  SJason tells them that he couldn't take Sam to the hospital, that it's too dangerous.  Carly stands around looking gobsmacked.  
Jordan shows up, demanding answers.  BJason thinks SJason is working with the other men and doesn't understand when Sonny defends SJason's actions in saving Sam.  Jordan hauls SJason down to the station for questioning.  

Andre's upset with Klein, saying he didn't sign up for all this violence and mayhem.  He says he only wanted to finish his research.  Klein says this isn't what he wanted either, but was forced to throw Sam in the water to protect himself.  Andre says he's compromised and needs to make plans.  

Lulu helps Kevin set up a romantic dinner for Laura.  Kevin  tells Laura that while he doesn't need to get married, he wants the commitment and questions what she wants.  Laura says she wants to be with him and that the wedding can be small.  Kevin gets down on one knee and proposes.  Laura accepts.  

Finn stops by to see Anna and complains how Robin contacted him to find out his intentions.  Anna claims Robin sees her mother as fragile now.  Finn says Cassandra isn't sick and he doesn't want to make something up and jeopardize his medical licence.  Anna agrees to end their pretend relationship and let him out of her operation. 

Nina and Valentin find Goon3 bleeding on the docks.  He tells Valentin, in french, to contact Klein.  Dante arrives, and recognizes Goon3 as the one who took Sam and questions him, but gets no answers.  Dante accuses Valentin, who claims he had nothing to do with what happened.  Later Nina questions Valentin about Klein, but he brushes her off.  Klein reaches out to Valentin, who ignores him.  

At the hospital, Sam comes to long enough to mutter somethin to her doctor.  BJason is not happy about the imposter.  Sonny tells Dante that Sam was tossed in the harbour and the imposter fished her out.  Dante wonders who the imposter is, and Sonny tells him that it's Jason.  

BJason sits at Sam's bedside and tells her that he's Jason, that he loves their life together and promises they'll make it.  

Jordan takes SJason to the station, but he lawyers up the minute he gets there.  Carly shows up and tells him to keep quiet, which angers Jordan.  Jordan says if he wont' talk, than she'll take his fingerprints and find out who he is.  Carly says he's Jason.  

• Love 5

Andre made a remark that Patient 6 "thinks he has family here", or something similar.  SBJason had better be the real Jason, because as frustrating as his version of Jason is, it's better than BMJason.  For someone who is supposed to be "stone cold", BMJason spends most of his time being frustrated or somehow desperate.  I'd much rather BM turn out to be Drew, who can then be as emotional as he wants or doesn't want to be. 

• Love 6

So after BMJason growls and claims his piece of meat, she's tossed on the couch.  Jordan comes prancing in demanding to know what's going on, and yet . . . there still lies Sam.  She'd fading in and out of consciousness, hypoxic, hypothermic, and stewing in a good case of pneumonia from the filthy dock water.  Literally no one is interested in her welfare.   Jordan, probably the coolest head, doesn't even glance at the unconscious body on the couch.  Doesn't suggest 911, a blanket, a change of clothing.  I wonder what Kelly thought through this entire scenario.  Maybe she took a nap.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Poor Kevin should point out that if it's "just them and family" at the wedding, he won't get to invite anyone, ugh.  At least my boy Kev remembers Cam and Aiden exist.

If it is just "them and family", I want to see Lucky come back for his mother's wedding. Has he even met Kevin since he A) took a bullet for his mother, preventing her death and B) started dating her and is now living with and engaged to her? Or is he just going with Lulu's approval of Kevin?

Laura's family includes all of her (living) children and all of her grandchildren, including Charlotte. Which means that Kevin and Laura will have to be sure to plan their wedding on a week where Lulu has custody of Charlotte. Based on the interactions at Wyndemere re: the holidays, Valentin and Nina aren't going to play nice. It's within reason to assume they would give Lulu a hard time for Charlotte attending if the KevLaur wedding happened to fall during a Valentin-custody-time.

• Love 1

Genie Francis is so beautiful. She has the most beautiful smile. I can’t believe I’ve been watching on GH since she was 17. It seems so long ago but also feels like just yesterday. Love in the Afternoon indeed.

I feel kinda bad for Billy Miller. It’s so obvious that MB & LW like working with SB more. When they were all together at Sonny’s house you could feel the weird tension. And, I’m not talking about the part with KM lying on the couch. LOL!!!! I can’t recall a time when the first actor comes back and works with his replacement and everyone in the room prefers the first guy. They can’t even hide it while acting. IMO!!!!

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh man, is Franco gonna be at Laura and Kevin's wedding but not Lucky? I'm going to hurl monkey chunks.

Why can they let Lucky be happy and in love somewhere? I am so hyped up about this. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh man, is Franco gonna be at Laura and Kevin's wedding but not Lucky? I'm going to hurl monkey chunks.

Seriously. It makes no sense that he wouldn't be at his mother's wedding, and it was even odd that Laura/Kevin didn't mention him when Kevin was listing off people. Kevin specifically mentioned Cameron and Aiden. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Vella said:

Sonny is such a bumbling fool. He claims to not know who Jason is to Fakeson and in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE, calls Jason by his name to Fakeson, making it abundantly clear he DOES know Jason. 

No. Sonny did not deny his Lord. The guy he claimed not to know anything about was the kidnapper with the syringe, rather than OGJason. But yes, he then did slip up and say, "But Jason rescued her."  

Agreeing with ByANose on the weird tension, and on MB and LW obviously preferring Steve Burton.  It's as night and day as Geary suddenly lighting up when Jonathan Jackson returned as Lucky, after he had given nothing to Jacob Young and (especially) Greg Vaughn for about ten years, and had acted as though Luke could not stand to be in the same room with the character. 

The Billy Miller character really got the "stupid guy" writing in those scenes. The outlook is not good for him.  

13 hours ago, Perkie said:

But he kind of did.  He called him imposter to Sonny and Dante, then when he went to sit with Sam, he was talking to her and said "I am Jason, your Jason" with the emphasis on the word "I".  

Andre said something that made me wonder if SBu is the real Jason or not.  He told Kline that he just wanted to finish his research (research on what).  Then said Six was in town where "he thinks the people he loves are" (Im paraphrasing that because I can't remember the actual wording).  Just made me go hmmm. 

Yes! I came to post that too. I caught that too and I immediatley thought that he is not the real Jason. Still hoping Andre is under cover....I don't want him to be a bad guy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blondiek237 said:

I will laugh and laugh if Sonny and Carly trip over themselves saying--"we knew there was something off about BMJason" only to have SBJason turn out to be the imposter.

I guess that could happen. I'm assuming SBJason is playing the real Jason but it would be funny.

• Love 1

I'll admit to not paying undivided attention to GH nowadays, but if SBu is not the real Jason, how did he know Sam's and Sonny's phone numbers when he called them from the clinic on Ava's phone?

If SBu is Drew, how does he recognize Sam, Sonny, Carly, etc when he sees them?

I don't see how he can't be the real Jason. 

What am I missing?

Edited by SoTheresThat
15 hours ago, Perkie said:

I write the daily recap for the Daytime Confidential website, so this is today's in it's entirety.  

Thanks so much for that, PERKIE.  Yesterday was another rough one. Everything happened within yards of a major high school in the neighborhood. Seems like the Big Apple is still a preferable target for these loonies.  But I still wouldn't live anywhere else, ultimately

Seems like I missed some pretty good stuff, glad Kevin/Laura are moving forward, I like them together, a rare mature relationship for daytime.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If it is just "them and family", I want to see Lucky come back for his mother's wedding. Has he even met Kevin since he A) took a bullet for his mother, preventing her death and B) started dating her and is now living with and engaged to her? Or is he just going with Lulu's approval of Kevin?

Laura's family includes all of her (living) children and all of her grandchildren, including Charlotte. Which means that Kevin and Laura will have to be sure to plan their wedding on a week where Lulu has custody of Charlotte. Based on the interactions at Wyndemere re: the holidays, Valentin and Nina aren't going to play nice. It's within reason to assume they would give Lulu a hard time for Charlotte attending if the KevLaur wedding happened to fall during a Valentin-custody-time.

...so your takeaway from my complaint that poor Kevin won't get to invite anyone to a "just them and family" wedding is...to note more members of Laura's family that should be there lol?

Edited by TeeVee329
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

...so your takeaway from my complaint that poor Kevin won't get to invite anyone to a "just them and family" wedding is...to note more members of Laura's family that should be there lol?

*laughs* I'm just saying it was odd that Lucky wasn't mentioned. 

Does Kevin speak with his father still? What about Serena and Christina?

• Love 1

LOL at Sam magically at GH. After all the concern about security, she's lying there all by herself. The new (?) ER doctor was cute.

Of course BMJason isn't the real one because he's sassing Sonny. 

The ring Kevin got Laura was gigantic. I know they always do that on soaps so you can see the rings, but wow.

I'm glad Anna didn't force Finn to keep going with this stupid Cassandra story. It's too bad Anna is stuck with it.

19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

*laughs* I'm just saying it was odd that Lucky wasn't mentioned. 

Does Kevin speak with his father still? What about Serena and Christina?

It is odd.  I think they probably didn't mention him because, you know, Jonathan Jackson's not stopping by anytime soon and the show has no interest in recasting.  But you would think, given all the breast beating Laura has been doing about her dead son, she'd want to be closer with her living son, certainly on her wedding day.

Kevin's dad Victor (who I totally just realized was also Chancellor Arnold on "Beverly Hills, 90210") and Christina are both "Port Charles" creations so, while it shouldn't preclude them from appearing, it probably will.  But yeah, Serena, this would be a perfect excuse for a visit, with her there to support Kevin and Laura, but also recognizing that this might not be the happiest news for Lucy or even Scotty.  And Mac should really be there as the best man.  If Spencer stands up for Kevin in his place, I seriously might punch my TV.

I just hate this narrative that seems to be developing that Kevin had nothing and nobody before Laura.  It's not true.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

2 small scenes of Carly already peeing on OGJason's leg and I'm over it already. 

I can't wait for Robin to come back for the obligatory scenes of Carly screaming at her for returning the "wrong" Jason. 

We'll know for sure if he's OGJason if he tells Carly to shut up.

32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just hate this narrative that seems to be developing that Kevin had nothing and nobody before Laura.  It's not true.

It's so stupid, especially on a soap. But it's similar to every couple saying the other is the love of their life even if they've had more than one partner in the past. Acknowledging the past makes for a richer present, but I think the GH writers, especially, don't care/are too lazy to want to do the necessary research and effort.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so stupid, especially on a soap. But it's similar to every couple saying the other is the love of their life even if they've had more than one partner in the past. Acknowledging the past makes for a richer present, but I think the GH writers, especially, don't care/are too lazy to want to do the necessary research and effort.

Yep, I've always thought it was fucked up, though, especially if the character in question had a REAL, SUPER pairing. Like, Kevin and Laura aren't even a blip of a ship compared to their previous love interests.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yep, I've always thought it was fucked up, though, especially if the character in question had a REAL, SUPER pairing. Like, Kevin and Laura aren't even a blip of a ship compared to their previous love interests.

Relatedly, I wonder if the show is going to pretend that Laura and Scotty's brief remarriage during the early days of Ron never happened.  Because I could totally see a lot of gasbagging about the Luke/Laura of it all, while totally ignoring Kevin and Lucy.

• Love 2

I'm sure fans of the classic Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity are over the moon about scenes like Jason/Carly today, but I find their insta-disavowing of "Drew" to be pretty gross, as is their disgust that he "did things [he] would never do" like put his wife and family before them, not want to get shot for them, be nice to his mom, etc.  These are just not rootable people.

And that was Franco trading on his SERIAL KILLER reputation to get Andre to talk, yes?  Tell us some more about how he's changed, Show.

Also, Andre?  You ain't no Irene Manning.

Shut up, Amy 2.0.

• Love 23

I'd say that Amy is The Worst but this show has Sonny/Carly/JaSix on it.

Jason "I would know it wasn't you if someone came with a different face" is another reason why I hate SB's Jason -- he so smug and superior. How do you know how you would feel if you've never been in the situation?  Of course Drew is inferior because he would leave propping Sonny and Carly and put his children first.  Sonny/Carly/JaSix are revoltingly self-absorbed people and thoroughly deserve each other.

16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And that was Franco trading on his SERIAL KILLER reputation to get Andre to talk, yes?  Tell us some more about how he's changed, Show.

I actually thought that was pretty funny. At least he's putting the reputation to good use.

23 hours ago, xfuse said:

Are you talking about Michael because I remember him saying that that he wasn't going to lie. Carly overheard both Tony and AJ saying that they were going to take the baby away from her as soon as he was born so she lied and said that Jason was the father. Jason told her he wouldn't lie if he was asked.

Robin knew he had problems with the Quartermaine's about how they treated him after his accident but she took it upon herself to tell AJ. What she believed was right was more important to her than what he wanted. I would have been angry at her too. She was his girlfriend not AJ's.

A lie by omission (pretending he is Michael's father and not telling AJ that he is) is still a lie. 

Robin did what she thought was the right thing to do even though her boyfriend was going to get angry at her.  I admire that.  Jason would never put the right thing ahead of Carly or Sonny.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Doesn't suggest 911

BJason yelled at Carly to call an ambulance before Jordan arrived. In fact he said it at least twice because the idiot just stood there salivating at SJason.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I actually thought that was pretty funny. At least he's putting the reputation to good use.

Same here. I also thought it was sort of appropriate given that Franco is involved. He's not threatening Andre for some random reason.

• Love 4

Ugh. The holy trinity is back, and Carly has already started the Jason ass-kissing. I would love to see them switch it up and make SB Drew, just so Carly's whole world comes crashing down.

• Love 17

Nice distinction being drawn between the Jasons, that BMJason puts Sam first and would never leave her, whereas Jason would if Sonny/Carly asked him to. That's an important detail and it's exactly why I'm hoping BMJason is the one Sam chooses to be with. Sam and her kids shouldn't have to play second fiddle to Sonny and the business and Carly's constant drama. BMJason treats Sam like a true partner, an equal, and not someone who has to be worked into his schedule.

Franco threatening Andre with that line about "you know what I'm capable of doing" made my blood boil. Sorry, show, you don't get to insist that Franco's changed and then let him get away with saying stuff like that. Is he a tortured reformed killer or someone who revels in his gory past? 

God knows I talk a lot of shit about Carly, but I want to give LW credit for how she played her scenes today. She nailed Carly's elation over having Jason back and her fear that she had betrayed her best friend by believing someone else was him. Burton did a nice job as well, and I liked the reference of taking a breath and counting to ten. Jason and Carly are by no means my favorites, but they sold me on their relationship today.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here. I also thought it was sort of appropriate given that Franco is involved. He's not threatening Andre for some random reason.

But isn't he supposed to be all remorseful and ashamed about his SERIAL KILLING?

I dunno, maybe I'm just cranky that he's at the center of this story when he really, really, reeeaaally shouldn't be.

• Love 8