Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The storyline with Stella and Jordan helping the undocumented student is annoying.

Is it actually going to be a storyline, though?  I think it was here 50% to have Stella thaw towards Jordan, 50% "Oooh, look how topical we are!".  I'll be shocked if we ever hear about it again. 

• Love 2

A real soap opera would have had Molly or Kristina meet her at school - or maybe Kristina could have even started dating her - before she confided that she was undocumented and follow the story from there.

• Love 5

Wow, we got undocumented immigrants and the opioid crisis in the same story. Someone is following the news.

LOL at all the quick cuts while OGJason was cleaning his guns. And why would a working security code trigger an alarm or notice of some sort? It works!

• Love 4

Nelle's manipulation game is such weak sauce, it's far too desperate and lacking any subtlety. Every layer they add to her history makes her an even more convoluted character with no direction. In the past year she's somehow been the poor woebegone girl who had her kidney stolen AND a cunning evil manipulator AND an alleged murderer AND a crazy person who spent a year institutionalized. She's all over the map and not only is it all nonsense, but it's fucking boring.

I feel vaguely uncomfortable when GH touches on hot button issues like DACA. I get that they want the show to be timely and relevant, but I kinda need this show to be an oasis away from real world problems.

Carly made that snide remark about AJ and I nearly came out of my chair. She's never met an opportunity to be heinous that she didn't take. Meanwhile, Ava's using her brain and putting the pieces together about Patient 6. I hope Ava gets to Jason and never lets Carly forget that while Carly sat on her ass being a mean girl, Ava was working to help her "best friend."

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And why would a working security code trigger an alarm or notice of some sort?

I'm going to fanwank it that the safehouse hasn't been used in a bazillion years, so the alarm company called Max to let him know someone was there.  

I despise Sonny and SBu's Jason but I got to say, I was quite excited when Six revealed himself to Sonny today.  Thought it would play out a little longer.  

Also loved Ava snooping in Franco's stuff, seeing OGJason's face, and figuring out that something is going on.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly snitting about something being AJ's fault while standing next to his murderer is everything I hate about this show.

I actually laughed because that was totally in character.

What is it about being plastic surgeons that make them so evil. First it was Ian years ago when he put Michael in a coma. And now this guy following Jason from Russia because he doesn't want to disappoint his boss.

Any guess who it the Big Bad Evil who is responsible for Jason's disappearance?

Hell it should be Faison. Maybe that will distract Anna away from Valentin obsession.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I despise Sonny and SBu's Jason but I got to say, I was quite excited when Six revealed himself to Sonny today.  Thought it would play out a little longer. 

It was a classic soapy cliffhanger. I was a bit surprised (seriously) that Sonny didn't just start shooting when he saw OGJason. Sonny is not one to shoot later.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly snitting about something being AJ's fault while standing next to his murderer is everything I hate about this show.

Also: Carly talking about things she wasn't there for.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It was a classic soapy cliffhanger. I was a bit surprised (seriously) that Sonny didn't just start shooting when he saw OGJason. Sonny is not one to shoot later.

Not when it is Jason. I think Sonny deep down suspected because he is always suspicious of everything and he is giving the benefit of doubt to the guy who sent him a note in Jason's handwriting. It is why he keeps wanting to meet the guy without any real protection. It is not going to take Jason long to convince Sonny who he really is.

• Love 3

Andre has been boring since he arrived, so I'm fine with discovering he's evil. (Aside, if SBJason is "Patient 6", who the heck were patients 1 through 5?)

So Nelle spent a year in a psych ward.  And yet again Michael will find a way to explain it all away.  Has he always been this stupid?

I'm really hoping Sonny seeing SBJason actually happened and wasn't someone's dream, as this story has been dragging.  I can take only so much lurking.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Carly snitting about something being AJ's fault while standing next to his murderer is everything I hate about this sho

Maybe I was reading too much into it, but I thought LW played the line differently than she usually does, more low key, less "Aj is the root of all evil".  Almost like even LW is getting tired of Carly crapping on AJ for everything.  

21 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Any guess who it the Big Bad Evil who is responsible for Jason's disappearance?

Hell it should be Faison.

I would pay money if it was Faison and he shot Jason in the back and threw him in the water again.  I would stop bitching about the show for a year if that happened.  

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was a bit surprised (seriously) that Sonny didn't just start shooting when he saw OGJason.

I laughed at that look on Mo's face.   That tilted head look of confusion, like dogs do.  Wuhhhhh?

What was with Jordan getting her panties in a bunch and being all, "it;'s a federal matter, STella", only to turn around a nano second later and talk to the ICE guy.  It wasn't even several commercials later, it was right away.  Ooooh, I felt so much tension in those 16 seconds it took for her to change her mind.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was really terrible. It cracks me up that everything thinks just because Sam and Jason bought DWM that suddenly means Jason and Sam are legit, and how dare anyone think otherwise! And how dumb to think that staying away from one another in public will prove anything except they're staying away from one another in public. I can't tell if the writers want us to believe this or not. The characters are certainly stupid enough to think it will work.

No one knew Danny wasn't Franco's until the brain tumor DVDs, right? That's when Sam knew she hadn't been raped?

Nah.  They had a DNA test.   Liz knew it was Jason's if I recall.   They believed then that Franco was Jason's twin.   Danny had a rare blood disorder that Liz recognized because Jake had it too.  They did DNA but Sam got the results after.  I think.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Let's not forget she's had three fathers, too. It's a miracle Charlotte hasn't murdered anyone in their sleep.

Jason did care about Jake, which is why he smartly let Elizabeth and Lucky raise him. 

Well as Oracle pointed out above, the "Spencers" were the bullseye for Helena.  Not seeing how it was ever smart of Elizabeth to insist that the putrid Spencer clan be anywhere near her kids.  She was better off being a single mother, imo.  *shrug*  Too bad they knocked off AJ because that would have been the ultimate in your face to Jason if he and Elizabeth had been allowed to get together.  

22 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Nah.  They had a DNA test.   Liz knew it was Jason's if I recall.   They believed then that Franco was Jason's twin.   Danny had a rare blood disorder that Liz recognized because Jake had it too.  They did DNA but Sam got the results after.  I think.

No, Liz didn't know Danny was Jason's son. Jason became convinced that Tea's baby was Sam's son so McBain got a DNA sample for testing. When Jason told Liz, she offered to get the maternity test done. She swapped the test results and told Jason that Danny wasn't Sam's son because she didn't want them to get back together. 

By the time she confessed Heather had kidnapped Danny and ended up trying to jump off the hospital roof with him. Jason saved Danny, Jason/Sam reconciled and Jason was shot that same night. A day or two later, Sam learned that Heather had switched the paternity test and that Danny was actually Jason's son. 

There was another blood test when Danny was diagnosed with cancer. Julian donated and was a match. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

The babies and kids of Port Charles can't win. They're the victims of crimes, are forced to go through DNA tests, and are often the pawns in custody fights. Then when they're older, they're stuck in a closet and forgotten.

• Love 1

Since all Michael's girlfriends end up dead, I'm trying to think of a fitting demise for boring Nelle.  Maybe she can fall in a boiling caldron of skim milk.

I was glad when Nelle manipulated Michael and herself out of going to Jason's stupid party. She had all the right answers to Carly's thinly veiled hostility. (My mouth dropped open when Carly excused Bobbie's bitchery to Nelle by saying Bobbie probably wouldn't be there. Why should Nelle expose herself to any ill-natured prejudice in public again, whether it was Bobbie or one of her clique?) Loved seeing Carly's head explode when Nelle pointed out Michael had the deciding vote.

The show does seem to be confused about what to do with Nelle, but this latest news from Curtis to Michael about the mental institution incarceration does not turn my head 180 degrees against her at all. Her boyfriend's death and the bitterness and unfairness of his family toward Nelle could have been enough to send her into a major depression where she was suicidal from guilt at not rescuing him. Hence, the mental institution cycle. Frankly since the Spencers are almost as nasty toward her, I'd expect some tension from Nelle if not at least a minor repeat of depression. Those potential inlaws were pretty toxic, and the Spencers aren't angels either. Nelle is looking to Michael as her rescuer and champion, and I think she deserves some peace and respect. Look how people bow down to Franco the greasy hobo, who was a serial killer and a real mental case, and may still be. Nelle is a far cry from Franco.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wasn't paying attention yesterday, but today I noticed that Chris Van Etten has a HW credit, so I guess we've seen the end of Jean Passanante's stuff.

Wait.  She was finally thrown out?

She retired a few months ago, but of course it took a while for her stories to finish.

• Love 1
Just now, dubbel zout said:

She retired a few months ago, but of course it took a while for her stories to finish.

Thank heavens.  Hopefully, this new one knows what he's doing with the old and new characters and doesn't just want to feature the new ones.

• Love 1

I was waiting for the Organ of Doom to play when Curtis announced that Nelle had spent a year in a mental hospital, I was supposed to be so shocked.  I would think that Morgan's brother wouldn't be so quick to condemn a person for a mental illness.

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

I would pay money if it was Faison and he shot Jason in the back and threw him in the water again.  I would stop bitching about the show for a year if that happened. 

Seconded.

4 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

Not seeing how it was ever smart of Elizabeth to insist that the putrid Spencer clan be anywhere near her kids.  She was better off being a single mother, imo. 

For one thing, Liz has been associated with the Spencer Family since she was 15. Liz's family consisted  only of Grams and the Spencers, except for the brief periods when Steven Lars or Sarah Webber were around.  Young Liz felt loved and supported by Laura and Lucky, and then Nikolas as well.  Liz also treated Lulu like a sister.  Liz married GV's Lucky when Cam was a baby.  He wasn't "putrid" then.  Same goes for Laura and Lulu.  I don't think anyone could disagree with you that Luke was "putrid" but he was rarely around Liz's kids.  In the recent years when Laura has been in scenes with Liz's children, she's been a loving grandmother. (Her approval of Liz's relationship with Franco is a separate, gross issue).  And while Lulu can definitely be awful, i don't think ER's Lulu has ever had a real scene with Liz's children.  Teenage/young 20something Lulu babysat for and cared about the kids, before Nikolas and then Lucky left town.  

• Love 10

Somehow I thought Jason and Sonny's reunion would take place in a field of wildflowers, them running in slow mo, arms outstretched.

Hey Michael, I know someone else who was in a mental institution, you call her Mommy.

Didn't Jordan take an oath to uphold the law, whether she agreed with it or not? 

• Love 3

I must say that Steve Burton has some major age lines on his face. The pancake makeup really shows it. I would blame age but there are other actors his age and they don’t look as bad as him in their closeups. It’s almost like they’re applying too much.

• Love 3

Nelle getting the passive aggressive leg up on Carly yesterday is probably the first time I liked her character.  Who gives a shit if she was in a mental hospital?  Both Michael's mom and brother also spent time there.  Plus his "dad" is bipolar, so Michael should be very sensitive to mental illness, but maybe he'll have selective memory about this like everything else.

I'm glad Ava is figuring stuff out.  I think something is going to happen at the safe house and Jason will have to disappear again, and he will go to Ava's.  I think maybe he was there when Griffin shows up in the previews, that's why Ava looked so freaked out.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I'm glad Ava is figuring stuff out.  I think something is going to happen at the safe house and Jason will have to disappear again, and he will go to Ava's. 

Sonny has the note, and saw OGJason in person, but because Ava put all the pieces together that Patient 6 is OGJason, it will be her fault for not telling Carly. And Sonny. Watch that happens.

16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
16 hours ago, Star Aristille said:
20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wasn't paying attention yesterday, but today I noticed that Chris Van Etten has a HW credit, so I guess we've seen the end of Jean Passanante's stuff.

Wait.  She was finally thrown out?

And it looks like CvE is doing that, with sending Kristina to Portland, deciding that Andre is The Evul, and preparing a roommate with Heather with Nelle.

The Nelle storyline is the most wasted, since it found Joss' donor, and even had repercussions for Jax to get ICE'd for organ trafficking. Could have had Jerry in there,.... and now, unless we find out that Nelle was fucking with Carly et. al. with being the donor and scamming Jax in the process (although that check sent to Frank Benson, along with the contact, pretty much fucks up any retcon redemption that Joss' donor is still out there), it very sad to find out Joss got a kidney from a loony grifter.

19 hours ago, nilyank said:
21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I actually laughed because that was totally in character.

We did, although we mentioned beforehand it's Ava's fault. One of the gifts that keep giving with TFGH is, outside of the show, watching anything, scripted or newsworthy, anything that goes wrong or favors the antagonist is Ava's/AJ's/Julian's fault.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Michael should be very sensitive to mental illness, but maybe he'll have selective memory about this like everything else.

Carly will certainly hold it against her if/when she finds out. It's always different when it's Carly or Sonny or anyone they love. The hypocrisy about this kind of thing is so annoying.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

The Nelle storyline is the most wasted, since it found Joss' donor, and even had repercussions for Jax to get ICE'd for organ trafficking. Could have had Jerry in there,.... and now, unless we find out that Nelle was fucking with Carly et. al. with being the donor and scamming Jax in the process (although that check sent to Frank Benson, along with the contact, pretty much fucks up any retcon redemption that Joss' donor is still out there), it very sad to find out Joss got a kidney from a loony grifter.

Meh, they can always just retcon the check as Jax paying Frank to quit bothering Jax's family. The contract can just be written as blackmail fodder. Or just say that Jerry tricked Jax. Joss's new kidney is from someone else and Nelle's was sold to someone else. 

• Love 1

JaDrew and Sam are such ungrateful asses, I can't believe they were going to make Monica babysit during the party and it was up to Monica and/or Olivia to figure out the alternate plan so she could go.  JaDrew doesn't deserve Alan's cufflinks!

Michael let himself be swayed by Nelle's explanation, what are the odds! #eyeroll

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

JaDrew and Sam are such ungrateful asses, I can't believe they were going to make Monica babysit during the party and it was up to Monica and/or Olivia to figure out the alternate plan so she could go. 

They suck.  Get a damned nanny.  Do they think pawning their kids off on Monica is somehow more "hands on parenting" than that?

• Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

He lived with Susan, his bio mom, until she got murdered.

Why did I think that Jason was only a baby still crawling and witnessed Susan being murdered?  If he was three, that's old enough to describe somewhat what happened.  There was a female murdered in Georgia, and the two year old witness said daddy rolled mommy up in a rug.

Why is the steam room a thing? Of all the conceivable places I could place these characters a steam room wouldn't make the list. I'm disappointed that Maxie's already trying to zombify the barely dead corpse of Ask Man Landers, she's so much better than this lame storyline.

Nelle's lies are so dumb and so easily unraveled and I hate everything about this situation. 

Poor Monica, bestowing an important gift and trying to have a moment with her son and it's not even him. 

"You taught me everything that I know about this business and most of what I know about life. I would never turn my back on you, I wouldn't walk away to start a media company or anything else." And THIS is what propels Sonny to stop holding a gun on an unarmed man and to believe his earnest words: a pledge of undying loyalty and a reminder that Sonny is the greatest man ever. Yes, proselytizing that Sonny and his business are the be all end all is of course the most convincing evidence that this is indeed the true Jason. Forget a DNA test, this Sonny ass kissing will suffice.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why did I think that Jason was only a baby still crawling and witnessed Susan being murdered?  If he was three, that's old enough to describe somewhat what happened.  There was a female murdered in Georgia, and the two year old witness said daddy rolled mommy up in a rug.

OK, looked it up via YT videos:

Jason was born 9/14/81

Susan was murdered 02/11/83, so Jason was about 17 months old.  He stayed living in the cottage with Alice Grant (and Heather being around a lot) until custody was sorted out and Alan took him to live in the Q mansion in October of 1983.  He was on screen throughout those 8 months, visiting with Alan, etc, so if they go by canon (ha!), that baby never left Port Charles.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I must say that Steve Burton has some major age lines on his face. The pancake makeup really shows it. I would blame age but there are other actors his age and they don’t look as bad as him in their closeups. It’s almost like they’re applying too much.

It also looks like they're applying lipstick on him.  Lol.  It can't just be my TV because someone previously noticed the same thing.  Obviously it's not lipstick but for some reason his lips are pink.  Really pink.  And I can't figure out why they're not doing something about that. 

7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

If Jason is Patient Six and all of this happened to him, what the hell happened to Patients One through Five? I demand to know!

If GH and the Russian clinic can resurrect the dead, then perhaps:  Stone, Georgie, Alan, AJ and Duke!

• Love 5

Danny's not even going to wake up when Monica comes to pick up the kids?  So we have Monica, with a hip issue, carrying Danny and Scout?  Have they noticed how she walks?

Considering Michael's own mother was in a mental institution, why is he so disturbed?

• Love 2

Considering Michael's own mother was in a mental institution, why is he so disturbed?

His mother, his brother and his cousin/sister-in-law. Not to mentioned his father is bipolar and Michael himself went mute/talkes to an imaginary friend after AJ died/Michael thought he killed AJ.

He  should be upset that Nelle keeps telling these silly lies and then acts as if this will be the last secret that she is keeping from him.

• Love 5

Wow, we got undocumented immigrants and the opioid crisis in the same story. Someone is following the news.

yeah-- between that and the "wow-- you got tickets to Evan Hanson before Ben Platt leaves.." it's obvious someone actually brushes up on current events.

• Love 2

Michael practically needs an anvil to fall on his head to finally figure out Nelle should be avoided. Like the plague.

Why did steve Burton leave the show in 2012? Y&R was a better offer? 

Today's episode was fucking awesome. I loved every second of Jason and Sonny. 

Looking at pictures and video of SB IRL, that guarded affect seems to kind of be what he is really like (?), and he maybe incorporated that into Jason (?). Never followed him on Y&R as Dylan though. 

They could drag him through mud and I'd still say he is adorable. 

Room for Jason and Drew. Makes for some great possible storylines.  

Edited by seasons
I'd drop my gun and hug him too if he told me he'd never ditch me for a media company.
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Linny said:

"You taught me everything that I know about this business and most of what I know about life. I would never turn my back on you, I wouldn't walk away to start a media company or anything else." And THIS is what propels Sonny to stop holding a gun on an unarmed man and to believe his earnest words: a pledge of undying loyalty and a reminder that Sonny is the greatest man ever. Yes, proselytizing that Sonny and his business are the be all end all is of course the most convincing evidence that this is indeed the true Jason. Forget a DNA test, this Sonny ass kissing will suffice.

This. 

And I couldn't help noticing that Sonny's reactions were all about him. There seemed to be no comprehension of what Jason endured.

Other random thoughts: 

Unless you're watching the screen, KeMo has been almost impossible to understand lately: when I've been turned away the last few days, all I hear are mumbles and sighs. 

I think this has been mentioned before, but it was screamingly obvious in the safe house today. MB has a resting "duh" face. I'm back to hating his tics so much that it's almost impossible to watch him. 

• Love 8