Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If this show were really soapy, he'd turn out to be Kiki's real father.  Or grandfather or something like that.

That's a great point, a real soap would totally reveal his interest in her is because he's, I dunno, Silas Clay's father or something and is eager to see her continue the family legacy in medicine.

But again, because it's GH, it'll be nefarious and possibly rape-y.

• Love 8

More days of having to endure Sam at Jason's bedside crying and pleading - ugh.  YOU are the reason he got shot Sam!  

I never have warmed up to Nelle - but I hate the idea that Michael has picked yet another woman who's gonna end up hurting him.    He's had nothing but bad luck when it comes to his love life.   

There's a gazillion rumors out there about the Steve Burton return and that BM's Jason and RH Franco will be tied closely to the return.   I'm one of the few not looking forward to his return - he chews up way too much screen time...

• Love 3

Me? I'm betting that SB will be Jason's twin. And he was Franco's invisible friend. And so is the other kid in Franco's painting. And it would be a better explanation for Franco's obsession with Jason. Franco is still the cousin. But BM's Jason and SB's character will be brothers. Formerly identical twins.

Shhhhhh, let's keep any age and height differences to ourselves.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Me? I'm betting that SB will be Jason's twin.

I will be beyond shocked if SBu is anything but the real Jason. I could see BM being Jason's twin, but I am like 99% sure SBu is going to be Jason. It'd be kinda of hilarious if he's not though.

• Love 10

I would too, but we've had Jason back and he has all of his past memories back. Per the show, Carly, Sam and Sonny. That might be a tad hard to explan away. Unless Helena has invented a brain swapper.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, stlbf said:

I would too, but we've had Jason back and he has all of his past memories back. Per the show, Carly, Sam and Sonny. That might be a tad hard to explan away. Unless Helena has invented a brain swapper.

Nah. TSJ's 'Todd' had all RoHo Todd's memories but they still made him todd's 'special needs' twin. Which had me howling because I always hated TSJ's portrayal. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is the Morocco trip a work deal or is it a Love Boat episode? With all these boyfriends hanging around, I can't tell.

It's a honeymoon for Valentin and Nina and a triangle for Michael, Dillon, and Nelle. No work is getting done, and even the security isn't doing its job. That necklace can't be real--as someone upthread pointed out it has metal backing on the stones. And if Princess Diana's engagement ring was a smaller sapphire surrounded by diamonds and it cost hundreds of thousands, a necklace with real sapphires that are larger than hers would be priceless. Yet it was thrown in a box with the shoes for the shoot. It can't be real. The purloiner must be that bratty assistant/model who has so few lines.

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

SBu won by just being back on the show.

I hate these doubles story lines when a previous actor wants to come back on the show.  You left it now someone else has your job.  If you want it back, wait till he's gone.  Suck it up, buttercup.

The asinine stupid, it burns!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Still have no idea what the show is trying to do with Dr. Bensch, but because it's this show, I can't help thinking his interest in Kiki is nefarious and possibly rape-y.

Oh yeah. They might retcon him to be her ancestor but he is acting out straight-up as a predator. All that flattery is what they call in sex trafficking "grooming". When he gets her on his rounds they will be alone and he can plan to surprise her with his moves. Watch to see if he brings her coffee and bagels that are sweetened with date-rape drug so she can pass out in a room with a handy bed. He can lock the door, pull the shades, and his party is on. She might not even remember.

If the show goes in that direction, that plot too is ripped from the  headlines. Remember the Cosby allegations: he expressed unusual interest in helping each young woman's career. He invited her to be alone with him, doped her, allegedly raped or assaulted her, and she didn't necessarily remember events clearly so didn't press charges.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4

Sam seemed more upset today that her reflexes and ride-or-die instincts were on the fritz than the fact she shouldn't have friggin' followed Jason in the first place.  For all her talk about safety and kids and blah blah blah, she sure forgets that at the drop of a hat. 

And, hey, nice doctor/patient confidentiality there that you violated, Griffin.

• Love 3

Why can't Sam have a storyline about parenthood (minus terrible illness of child), instead of weeping over Jason so much?  Simple: Danny starts acting stand-offish around Jason, and Sam asks him why. Danny avoids answering, multiple times.  She overhears Danny tell Jake "I'm not so sure Dad is a good guy." Sam notices Danny is quieter and more stand-offish whenever he comes home after he's been at the Q mansion. She puts her PI skills to use and finds out Danny has been talking to a guy he's seen around the mansion and on the grounds. The guy tells him 'Your dad used to kill people for a living" and other background information, like "Your Uncle Sonny has killed, too..Finally when Sam presses Danny, he points to a Q family photo. "That's him, Mom!" and he indicates SK's A.J.    I want to see Sam and Jason try to pick a fight with Ghost!AJ for telling their son the truth.

I would actually like to see Danny want nothing to do with Jason or Franco because of finding out they've killed people without remorse, but with this show I can't have nice things.  Proof yet again in that SBu is coming back while JJ's Lucky is off ....wherever, ignoring his children.

• Love 9

Who's taking care of Danny and Scout while Jason and Sam were at Sonny's meeting and apres-shootout? Monica was at the hospital when Jason was brought in. I haven't heard either Jason or Sam or even Monica ask who's taking care of the kids. It burns me up that Sam is supposedly so worried about the kids needing Jason to be a real dad now, but she has thrust herself into imminent danger without considering that she is their mother, whom arguably they need even more.

• Love 3

MS is 52? Wow, she looks fantastic. She still looks super skinny to me. 

Sam crying over a shot Jason- what else is new? I agree that she needs a storyline involving motherhood, not dumbass Jason and moobster.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Who's taking care of Danny and Scout while Jason and Sam were at Sonny's meeting and apres-shootout? Monica was at the hospital when Jason was brought in. I haven't heard either Jason or Sam or even Monica ask who's taking care of the kids.

It's Cook 2.  That's the real reason Monica was so upset when Olivia fired her.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, twoods said:

Sam crying over a shot Jason- what else is new?

I fucking can't even anymore. Jason and Sam are tired characters and needed to be written off years ago. It's the same shit every single damn day. Yay, let's add SBu to really shake things up, you guys! Help me.

• Love 9

That's why I will never understand RC/FV's decision to kill off AJ and double-down on the Jeromes and Franco. Even if all of the mob stuff weren't incredibly tired - they are terrible at it. Terrible at writing it, terrible at staging it - shit, they're terrible at lighting it.  And they can't do anything else because they are currently failing at basic soap writing. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

A "moonlit camel ride"...is that some kind of freaky sexual thing? 

I think it may be what Nina and Valentin were doing at the Casbah as an afternoon delight. BTW, Enquiring Minds want to know: when she shimmied out of that dress with her back to the camera, what are the odds that he was looking down at her real ladychest, or was the actress wearing some tassels that we couldn't see to protect her modesty?

• Love 2

If they let Diane spit truth bombs at all the characters like she just laid down on Alexis, this would be my favorite show again.

Except it won't be any good since I was just in line at the grocery and saw on the cover of the ABC soap mag for next week that Julian is coming back already

• Love 5

It's a miracle Liz has a job still with all this time she can afford to soothe Franco's hurt feelings that Sam told him to get the fuck away from her and to sit and talk with Sam and tell her where Danny and Scout are like Sam doesn't already know. Is it a contractual obligation that Liz always has to be the nurse on duty and/or lurking around when Sam/Jason/the kids have a medical crisis? Again with Liz blabbing Sam/Jason's medical information to Franco. That is a pattern and it needs to stop but it won't.

What did Franco think he would accomplish by talking to Sam? She doesn't need your platitudes especially right now.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 7

Oh, Finn. Hayden is not "missing." She ditched you and ran. I loved that her dad was totally unconcerned.

I hate Nelle's "why wouldn't people blame me" schtick. Is it supposed to be self-deprecating? It's dumb, and she looks like a doormat. 

Of course Sonny is vain enough to think that whoever succeeds him in the mob won't do a good job, so he has to stay in.

Carly really isn't the person to shake her head at Franco's inappropriateness.

2 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

Except it won't be any good since I was just in line at the grocery and saw on the cover of the ABC soap mag for next week that Julian is coming back already

WdV re-signed a contract, so yeah.

"I don't like that the surgery is taking so long." Where'd you get your M.D., Sonny?

LOL at Alexis's resigned sigh when she was Sam's text that Jason was in the hospital. That's the correct reaction. And Dillon's reaction: "Is he okay?" asked in a not-very-concerned way. Heh.

• Love 6

I was all set to yell at Diane for not leaving the bar to hang out somewhere else with Alexis, but then she mocked Julian mercilessly and I'm always here for that. Atta girl, Diane. 

Can't believe Nelle and Michael thought it would be cool to slip away for a bath when everyone else is hunting for an expensive necklace that was last seen in her possession. Fucking worthless, both of them.

Go to hell, Franco, and on your way look up the definition of "boundaries," because you're clearly unfamiliar with the term. Sam doesn't want to talk to you, not now, not ever.

Hmm, I think they're trying to tell us something with all these comments like "He'll be fine, this is Jason! Jason will always be Jason no matter what!" A good rule of thumb on GH is that the validity of a statement is inversely proportional to the number of times it's shouted at us, so yeah, I'm officially guessing that this Jason is not the true Jason.

• Love 7

Why is Carly phoning Michael to tell him about Jason right now?  Isn't it enough she has Sonny and Sam to hold her hand? She should have waited until the surgery is over and she can tell Michael one way or the other.  He can't get to the US in time, and he's not a doctor anyway.  So much self-centeredness.

So Jason was conscious going into surgery and they're not sure he'll every regain consciousness afterwards?  That's one incompetent hospital.

And why is Monica at home babysitting when her son is hanging on to life?  At least Jason's nearest and dearest are there waiting for news, that being Sonny, Carly and Sam.  And Michael is coming. But forget Monica, she doesn't matter.

Alexis to Diane:  Why did you and Max last, and Julian and I didn't?    Me:  Because Diane and Max are tertiary characters who are barely on screen.

I'll take Anna/Finn scenes because finally the actor is waking up for them.  But Finola Hughes is so skinny that in the V of her top, you can see her skeleton.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

Can't believe Nelle and Michael thought it would be cool to slip away for a bath when everyone else is hunting for an expensive necklace that was last seen in her possession. Fucking worthless, both of them.

They act like children who are incapable of understanding the value of the necklace. But why are the police so bent on tagging Nelle for the theft? Why aren't they grilling the security that was supposed to be watching the necklace? Seems like the whole situation is a frame-up. Security was purposely lax so that Nelle could get her hands on the necklace. Now the police aren't questioning Security, but are directing attention elsewhere. Could it be that security and the police are in cahoots, and are the true culprits? Could Dillon be guilty too, since he dropped comments that made it worse for Nelle?

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

I was just in line at the grocery and saw on the cover of the ABC soap mag for next week that Julian is coming back already

If this is true, the Julian Jerome/Alexis snoozefest is on againl Let the boring begin again.

Sam's email said that Monica was babysitting the Morgan kids again. But we saw Monica at the hospital yesterday when Jason was brought in, not a full day ago.

Sam's hair looks greasy and unkempt. Is she joining Franco's unkempt and unwashed circle? Her low energy saps the scene.

We don't care if Hayden/Rachel is ever found. Yawn. Apparently Finola thinks extreme thin looks youthful, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Is it a contractual obligation that Liz always has to be the nurse on duty and/or lurking around when Sam/Jason/the kids have a medical crisis? Again with Liz blabbing Sam/Jason's medical information to Franco. That is a pattern and it needs to stop but it won't.

It probably is (for manufactured drama reasons) when Robin's not visiting. For Sam's first 2017 medical crisis, post-birth of Scout,  Robin was the one at Jason's side, trying to calm and comfort him. It seems like the writers have decided that Liz or Robin *must be around* when Jason, Sam or the kids are in crisis.  Also, Liz is the only nurse at this point (aside from rarely seen Bobbie) to have  any real, developed history with anyone. 

The blabbing of medical information is a regular thing at GH. I think everyone on staff has given a patient's medical information to non-family members of patients, including Robin.  Some staff members have been on the receiving end of that, like when Dr. Lee told Elizabeth in front of both Lucky and Nikolas that she was pregnant. Or the time when *everyone* seemed to find out that Sabrina's baby boy died, and Sabrina certainly wasn't going around informing people.  That's not even counting the many times Carly has demanded information about someone who's been admitted as a patient, often Jason, and no one on staff tells her  "you're not family, so buzz off."  Another reason to hate how entitled Carly, Sonny, Jason and Sam are. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Linny said:

Can't believe Nelle and Michael thought it would be cool to slip away for a bath when everyone else is hunting for an expensive necklace that was last seen in her possession.

Right?  Michael was acting like all that was missing was a pack of gum.  Dude, act like it's a big deal, or at least pretend to.  

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Carly phoning Michael to tell him about Jason right now?

Right?  Honey, I know you're half way around the world, but I thought I would worry you for no reason, rather than wait til I have good news, or your back in the country.  

5 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Why aren't they grilling the security

Was there security?  The only people we saw with the necklace were Nelle, Dillon and the dark haired girl who reported it stollen.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:
5 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Why aren't they grilling the security

Was there security?  

When Nina was on the phone with the police? Insurance? someone, she mentioned that the agreement with [name of jeweler here] included security. Which of course we didn't see when Nelle was wearing the necklace or after. Given the ineptitude, I can only assume Nina hired some of Sonny's guys.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why has not one person given the most natural response to the statement "Jason's been shot," that being "again?"

They should have had Jason shot in the coccyx, which would naturally segue into the whole Franco friend mystery. Plus then we could have had a bunch of people saying, "Jason's been shot in the coccyx!"

• Love 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

When Nina was on the phone with the police? Insurance? someone, she mentioned that the agreement with [name of jeweler here] included security. Which of course we didn't see when Nelle was wearing the necklace or after. Given the ineptitude, I can only assume Nina hired some of Sonny's guys.

Nina has mentioned Security taking care of the jewelry at least a couple of times. But didn't Nelle first notice the necklace in a box messing about with a number of loose pairs of shoes? Now I am tempted to believe that Nelle never had possession of the real necklace.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
duplicates
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Alexis's resigned sigh when she was Sam's text that Jason was in the hospital. That's the correct reaction. And Dillon's reaction: "Is he okay?" asked in a not-very-concerned way. Heh.

Yeah we saw him get shot in the non-heart part of his chest, so right away we knew it wasn't going to kill him. Of course this time he bled more, so there's that.

Given JaSam's new baby, Sam's brain troubles and hospitalization, and now Jason's GSW, I hope the Morgans have got Obamacare at least to cope with the costs. Surely they've met the deductible.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

Two moments I liked about Jason being shot:

1) Upon learning that Jason is stable,  Monica walks away (to get some breathing space) without even looking at Sonny or acknowledging his presence.  

2) Elizabeth approaching Monica to check on her, and hold her hand. I thought that was both a nice professional and personal moment, given Elizabeth's history with Monica's children.

I know Sonny just assumes Jason will be fine because of the numerous bullet wounds and explosions they've both survived, but he was so calm you'd think Jason only got a nasty cut and needed stitches.  Also, Carly holding onto Sam while she cries is just weird.  These two women were never friends, so the writing like they're besties after all the years of bad blood over Jason rings really false.  Of course, the same thing could be said of the almost insta-sisterhood between Elizabeth and Hayden.

At this point, I feel like Elizabeth's kids and Danny should agree it's time to escape their "normal" homes, Danny should rescue Scout from her crib, and the five kids should run off to live with Aunt Molly and TJ - the only healthy couple they know regularly behaving like responsible and sane adults.  Nikolas and Molly were cousins, so that's close enough for the couple to be the Webber kids' family, too. 

• Love 3

Monica walks away (to get some breathing space) without even looking at Sonny or acknowledging his presence.  

This guy killed her son and is responsible for a bullet sitting in the chest of another.  She behaved saintly.

MB was having difficulties remembering how to use a cane and spit out his lines at the same time.

Roho looks much better with shorter hair. 

I guess that the summer intern was left in charge of editing the 'missing necklace' scenes.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'll take Anna/Finn scenes because finally the actor is waking up for them.

Agreed.  It's not the same chemistry as Anna/McBain but at least there's something.  Definitely more than with Andre. 

14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why has not one person given the most natural response to the statement "Jason's been shot," that being "again?"

Sam and Jason need to move into the hospital.  At this point they are just taking turns.

Sonny, please go away.  And see Sam?  Your illness was trying to tell you something - the truth.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, amaranta said:

And see Sam?  Your illness was trying to tell you something - the truth.

I love how now that she's "cured," she's back to defending Sonny, defending Jason running every time Sonny so much as sighs too deeply ("Sonny is like fahhhh-mily.  Just because Jason ~quit the business doesn't mean he has to quit Sonny.  Why does everyone except me and Carly and Sonny have so much trouble understanding that????").

• Love 3

I really hated how quickly Sam turned and attacked Elizabeth when she said that Jason getting shot was part of being close to Sonny.  Elizabeth's got a kid that's going to be fatherless too if Jason dies, Sam.

But of course Carly is going to be the one who understands how Sam feels.  She picked her mob husband over the safety of  her kids too.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sunnyface said:

This guy killed her son and is responsible for a bullet sitting in the chest of another.  She behaved saintly.

MB was having difficulties remembering how to use a cane and spit out his lines at the same time.

Roho looks much better with shorter hair. 

I guess that the summer intern was left in charge of editing the 'missing necklace' scenes.

I have always thought that MB is the worst actor but every at GH loves him. I guess because they realize that he's the star and gets a lot of airtime. He either stutters or out right can't remember his lines. Now, with an added prop (the cane) that he has to worry about and he looks totally confused. 

• Love 5