Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, Perkie said:

But why couldn't Finn have told Brad about giving the money to save the hospital.  The last Brad heard, was that Finn was giving part of the money to him and credit in medical journals.  Next thing he knows the money is gone.  I'm not saying what Brad is doing is right but he was expecting some much needed cash and he didn't get it and now he's pissed.  

I didn't remember whether Finn or anyone ever told Brad anything. That storyline also got on my nerves because they're not going to close down General Hospital on a show named General Hospital, unless/until the show is ending. 

Does Brad seriously not know how the hospital remained open? 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Hey, did we ever find out what that was? I honestly can't remember.

Nope. There was talk about it having something to do with Brad's family being in the mob, though of course nothing was followed through.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Hey, did we ever find out what that was [the Brad/Rosalie SEKRIT]? I honestly can't remember.

Nope!  Right before Julian and Alexis' wedding, Brad got 60 seconds to present Lucas with the divorce papers showing that they were now free to marry and that was it. 

Whatever it was supposed to be died with Ron's ouster, I guess.

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, that reminds me, I need to continue my rewatch of Kish's story on youtube.

Never a bad idea!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, stlbf said:

Why the fuck should Sonny skate on yet another stupid cruel tactic of his? He went out of his way to separate Jax from his damn family. Fuck Sonny and his pain. Joss has lost yet another home, her brother, her grandmother and now her dad can't see her in town? And everyone was still like, but Joss can visit Jax! Jax can see her in Canada. But Jax isn't going to be able to see her at school events. Or see her doing whatever hobby/sports she signs up for. Do father/daughter dances. See her off on her first date. See her on Prom. Or see her graduate from high school if she stays in PC. That stuff matters. Especially to a Daddy's Girl like Joss.

I like the actress who plays Joss.

But I'd really like to see Joss tell Carly that since she's determined to keep playing the same dysfunctional game she's played with Sonny all these years, she (Joss) is going to live in Australia with her dad now because she wants a parent who puts her first.  Maybe that would finally get through to Carly.  Or maybe nothing  will.

6 hours ago, In2You said:

Chad has just never been young leading man material. None of the younger set is leading material imo. Yes their stories are bad but none of them have charisma and really stand out. 

Part of it is the writing but I agree, none of the younger set is leading material, not even the Molly actress who I used to think was.

I compare it to Emily Bett Rickards on Arrow who had two small scenes in one episode when she was 21 and put so much energy and thought into her performance that she ended up the leading lady.  There is no one like that on GH.

The younger set on GH seem to be either sleepwalking through their scenes (Chad) or genuinely bad actors (Kiki, Nelle, Dillon).

• Love 5

Wow. This show is sad. I can't say I cared about Brad'n'Rosalie's SEKRIT, but c'mon. And now that y'all mention it, I do recall that Brad's bio family (he is adopted, yes? Like Lucas? I didn't make that up?) was supposedly the mob family from the Asian Quarter story which I should youtube one of these days, because I remember thinking "YAY MORE MOB THAT'S WHAT THIS SHOW IS MISSING."

• Love 3

They also completely dropped Nathan's paternity, which would be one thing if they never said who it was, but all the characters think it's Victor Cassadine and we know it isn't him, so it's weird. What's funnier is no one ever brings it up (online) except once in a while.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

But I'd really like to see Joss tell Carly that since she's determined to keep playing the same dysfunctional game she's played with Sonny all these years, she (Joss) is going to live in Australia with her dad now because she wants a parent who puts her first.  Maybe that would finally get through to Carly.  Or maybe nothing  will.

Same here. What's the point of SORASing and recasting the kids if the show isn't going to use that? Joss is old enough to have seen the ish between Sonny and Carly and be sick of it.

24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They also completely dropped Nathan's paternity, which would be one thing if they never said who it was, but all the characters think it's Victor Cassadine and we know it isn't him, so it's weird. What's funnier is no one ever brings it up (online) except once in a while.

I wonder if they'd dangle this in front of RP to get him to stay. Watch Nathan's father be Faison. Heh. He'd be horrified.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, General Days said:

I didn't remember whether Finn or anyone ever told Brad anything. That storyline also got on my nerves because they're not going to close down General Hospital on a show named General Hospital, unless/until the show is ending. 

Does Brad seriously not know how the hospital remained open? 

I don't think it would matter. Brad wants his $$$$$.

Is the Show going to have enough cast to do the onstage acts and audience this year at the Nurses' Ball?? Last year we still had Maxie, Tracy, Emma, Robin. Jax went back to Australia, and Joss may soon follow him. So we have fewer potential performers and audience seat-warmers. Are they planning for Dr O and Franco to do the whole show, with Lucy as announcer?  Amy seems to be game, but what talent could she have? Brad and Carly seem to be too angry to participate in any charity show or even enjoy it. Perhaps Sonny will underwrite the whole thing with some Jerome money from Ava, which is already pledged to Lucy. Maybe Crimson can contribute all of Lucy's costume changes.

4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Is the Show going to have enough cast to do the onstage acts and audience this year at the Nurses' Ball?

On stage:  the usual guys stripping, singers Ned, Amy, Dr. O, Kiki and Dillweed, Epiphany, zombie Sabrina singing, "You're Not Alone".

Audience: Neenah, Valli, fauxAnna, Sonny, Carly, Ava, Alexis and mydaughters, Jordan, Andre, Curtis, Finn, Hayden, Griffin.  Maybe Monica will get to go, since Tracy is gone.  

I hope Charlotte can't carry a tune in a bucket and stays home.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do remember one, extremely tossed-off line of dialogue a looong time ago that getting Brad divorced from Rosalie had left them broke.  But this again speaks to the fact that their entire life together as a married couple has been off-screen. 

They were supposedly besties. They had no assets and children together. Why the hell would a simple no fault divorce cost Brad EVERYTHING? Hell, they could probably file divorce/annulment papers without any lawyers.

14 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I see them differently. When Carly lay down with a dog, she got up with fleas. She's aided and abetted Sonny in stealing children away from families (Michael and Avery). I've heard that she helped Sonny cover up a murder. She knows all about his offshore accounts and illegal money, gunrunning, and history of crimes. Yet she's married him, given him comfort and aid in his problems, reassured him, plotted with him. So in my book she doesn't get to scream self-righteously because he omitted informing her about Nelle and squealed on Jax (who really had been mixed up in human organ trafficking, a crime of moral turpitude). Carly knows that Sonny tells lies, many of them.  Sometimes she has added and abetted in the lies and deeds. 

In short, Carly knew when she picked him up and married him that Sonny is a snake, so why is she surprised that she was bitten?

I never said Carly was a saint here. She should know better. Neither she nor Sonny will ever change their spots. They do horrible things to others. And Sonny "cheating" was not what set this war off. His lying allowed Nell to stay in Carly and the kids' orbit. That was the straw that broke her Sonny habit this time. Yeah, Carly and Sonny are both terrible people who honestly belong in prison. 

And Carly has been a fairly good soap stepmother to Avery. So I can actually believe it when LW/Carly says that she misses being with Avery.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The younger set on GH seem to be either sleepwalking through their scenes (Chad) or genuinely bad actors (Kiki, Nelle, Dillon).

I don't mind this teenish Joss. I would kill to have her go off on Sonny (and I do mean screaming, crazy attacking mode) and then have her turn on Carly, giving her the ultimatum of staying or going to be with Jax and Joss. And it is really too bad that Cameron, Jake and Spencer haven't been similarly aged. Really weird since Joss is supposed to be younger than Jake. Why bother SORASing one character if there is not one other damn character even close for her interact with in town?

I still don't blame the actors for the awfulness of their characters.  Nell, Lauren, and Dillon just have nothing for writings. Even poor deadtome Michael hasn't had a real story in ages.

Michael needs to call Rosalie back for some good time fun. Actually, he needs to call every single girl in PC. Dude needs a life outside of being the pathetic glue connecting the cancers that he calls his parents.

8 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Wow. This show is sad. I can't say I cared about Brad'n'Rosalie's SEKRIT, but c'mon. And now that y'all mention it, I do recall that Brad's bio family (he is adopted, yes? Like Lucas? I didn't make that up?) was supposedly the mob family from the Asian Quarter story which I should youtube one of these days, because I remember thinking "YAY MORE MOB THAT'S WHAT THIS SHOW IS MISSING."

I thought Brad's stepfather legally adopted him. And I think that Brad felt that everyone in his family hated him/had issues with Brad possibly being gay. Which was why the whole moronic MoC wedding to Rosalie occurred. To get them off his back. Rosalie's family seemed to have some dark connections too. I don't remember if her being married to Brad was the secret Nina was holding over her head. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I really enjoyed Tracy's send off. Not the storyline leading up to it, but the day of whole family and friends worked out pretty nicely, I thought. Love Ned eschewing his Ashton last name, and I thought Dillon's shell shock but accepting reaction was just right. I totally forgot Kiki and Michael were also a thing until Michael and Dillon were standing next to each other. 

The episode made me do some age-looking up. Jane turned 70 this year, Leslie is 72, Jackie is 64, Wally is 58, and Stuart is 80. I do really wish we had AJ alive still, whether it was Sean or Billy playing him. I just, I love the Quartermaines, you guys. I will miss Jane and Tracy greatly. 

Edited by TheGourmez
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

My point was more about the writing of Michael and most of the younger cast, that story isn't being ceded to them.  Sonny's still a stud who can pick up a chick in a bar every day of the week, Michael has to blow off steam playing pool alone because he has nothing outside of his parents.

Exactly.  Normally the main story would be ceded to them and there would be a greater number of younger characters.  The romances would be about them.  There are so many middle-aged romances.

20 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Don't hold your breath.  Carly and Joss had a scene where Joss said she hopes Carly never gets back together with Uncle Sonny. Carly didn't assure her that was the case; she was silent.  I think the writers/TPTB are just deciding when S&C will get back together - probably after Sonny does something "heroic" again to "redeem" himself or after a new Morgan gets cast and thus their family is "healed." I also expect a Sonny/Carly/some dude love triangle soon-ish. These writers are nothing if not predictable.

They should do what soaps normally do.  Have them get together for good and be the advisors or maybe interferers in the younger romances, which would be their children.  It's ridiculous to keep the main focus on the love lives of older characters.  Why does Sonny hold such sway in this show?  

• Love 4
(edited)

I really don't think LW!Carly and Sonny work well as a romantic couple. They were great as exes but they need different long-term partners - RC shouldn't have tossed Carly at Sonny just because he couldn't make Franco/Carly (one of his very worst ideas) work. 

There should be romances in every age group - multi-generational storylines are kind of the point of soaps - but they should all get time and development. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, ciarra said:

On stage:  the usual guys stripping, singers Ned, Amy, Dr. O, Kiki and Dillweed, Epiphany, zombie Sabrina singing, "You're Not Alone".

Audience: Neenah, Valli, fauxAnna, Sonny, Carly, Ava, Alexis and mydaughters, Jordan, Andre, Curtis, Finn, Hayden, Griffin.  Maybe Monica will get to go, since Tracy is gone.  

Sabrina's dead now so we can't count on her. Maybe Show will revive Mac and Felicia for the Ball. Lulu actress will be too pregnant to dance and sing (we hope), but maybe Dante will appear somewhere. Julian's in custody, and I guess that Jason will be in Greece chasing the mythic creature. I suppose that Sam could be in the audience, breastfeeding in a corner of the ballroom. Kevin might be there on behalf of Lucy, or MIA as usual.

I still don't blame the actors for the awfulness of their characters.  Nell, Lauren, and Dillon just have nothing for writings. Even poor deadtome Michael hasn't had a real story in ages.

Also, on the scale for soap teens and twentysomethings, I wouldn't call any of those four bad. RPW/Dillon is the least good of them, but even he isn't bad to anyone who remembers DOOL's Austin Peck in the 1990s (the closed captions used to include every "uh" and "um"), or GH's Jacob Young, or some of those horrible younger performers of the Pruza years.

They're all competent and can hold their own opposite soap vets, and IMO, Duelly and Chloe Lanier are better than average. Maybe they aren't "crap-alchemist" good (e.g., Jonathan Jackson), but few are.  

I fear she will get the pimp spot that went to Jake in 2016.  There will be a seemingly endless pageant-y extravaganza for her, with reaction shots from Lulu, Nina and Valentin.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

There should be romances in every age group - multi-generational storylines are kind of the point of soaps - but they should all get time and development. 

Agreed. The problem isn't there are older romances, it's that there are none anywhere else.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I fear she will get the pimp spot that went to Jake in 2016.  There will be a seemingly endless pageant-y extravaganza for her, with reaction shots from Lulu, Nina and Valentin.

Lulu will get two, Valentin 10 and Nina 36.

• Love 5

The problem with the romances on this show is that none of them make you want to root for them. 

Between the death threats, cheating and abuse, why would anyone root for Sonny and Carly to not get divorced from each other for what happens to be the 4th (5th) time? 

Julian held a knife to Alexis' throat and tried to murder her. 

I could cry when I think of the fact that they paired Liz with Franco. Rape victim with a rapist. 

Kiki/Dillon, Maxie/Nathan, Valentin/Nina have the depth of a tea spoon.

Lulu/Dante used to be cut, but between the baby rabies and the cheating, things soured really quickly. 

Sbu's Jason and BM's Jason are two different characters. 

I don't understand this need for the show to pair up the women with men who treat them horribly. 

I mean Duke used to want out of the mob, but the new version of him picked Sonny over Anna over and over again. They drove a truck through that relationship. What was the need to decimate them so badly?

Speaking of, I think they may try to do with Maxie/Nathan/Amy, the same thing they did with Robin/Patrick/Lisa and Anna/Duke/Olivia.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Vera said:

the cheating

I hated that Lulu was the one who had to cajole Dante into therapy and communication exercises. Showing that was better than the two of them getting back together with no work at all, but it still was a half-assed reconciliation.

19 minutes ago, Vera said:

Speaking of, I think they may try to do with Maxie/Nathan/Amy, the same thing they did with Robin/Patrick/Lisa and Anna/Duke/Olivia.

I wonder if they've forgotten Amy has unrequited feelings for Dillon. Ugh. At least Anna/Duke/Olivia had history, and Lisa was brought on as a troublemaker. This sudden stuff with Amy is idiotic.

• Love 6

Finally got caught up, have to make amends to TG, cuz I had called him out for not showing up for JE after how much she (and the whole cast) supported him in the alcoholism story line and his exit. Although, clearly he filmed his 2 second scene in Amsterdam and it was spliced together. Damn, that was some serious fucking Amsterdam hair Luke was sporting! 

Thinking now might be a good time to take a break, since, besides Anna, I'm not sure I care about ANY of the story lines or characters.  It's hard to let go when you've been watching for 35 years, but they are making it pretty easy for me right now! 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

clearly he filmed his 2 second scene in Amsterdam

I don't think he did.  TG was pictured in the actress who plays Diane's (Twitter?) photos, eating cake.  I assume he was in the U.S.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ciarra said:

I don't think he did.  TG was pictured in the actress who plays Diane's (Twitter?) photos, eating cake.  I assume he was in the U.S.

Really?! He came over from Amsterdam for that? Well fuck, now I owe him a full on mea culpa!  ~Thanks for the info!

It was just so weird, cuz they didn't show them together in any of the camera shots. It was one then the other then back. I guess it was an "artistic" choice ...um, if one can use such a word for this show! 

• Love 1

I was thinking the other day about the teen storylines this show used to have for the summer, or the capers that Felicia, Robert, Luke and others used to get up to.

This show could really use more of that.  With JE gone, so is almost all of the comedy and fun.  I don't think much of the actress who plays Kiki but I think  a Michael/Nelle/Dillon/Kiki summer caper could do much for the show. Maybe throw in Kristina,  Molly and TJ too.  It's time to get the emphasis off Sonny/Carly and all the other dreary storylines.

• Love 8

I am wondering if they will do some fatal attraction type thing with Amy and Nathan. If it ends with getting rid of her, I'm all for it.

• Love 4

I loved Jordan's verbal smackdown of Alexis. She touched on so many valid points -- codependence; her lack of intelligence, strength, confidence, pride, and self-respect; setting a bad example for her daughters. Preach it, Jordan! I'm tired of the broken, brainless Alexis. 

And if they have to turn Brad back into a baddie, I wish they could have, at least, made him a stealthy and quiet one. Tampering with Finn's drug test results was a step in the right (sneaky villain) direction, but his shrieking in the hallway just makes him completely unlikeable. I enjoyed Brad back when he and Lucas were on together. But we all know that these writers are busy with their Carly-whore/Sonny-macho sex god double standard, the dumbing down of Alexis, Lulu's baby rabies, Chimera and Scarecrow, and so on --- they can't be bothered with something modern and relevant like characters who are in a same-sex partnership/marriage, people in happy relationships, friendships. The UK soaps do all that with finesse.

Chad Duell has a 14-year-old's face. I can't believe he's going to be 30, as someone noted in an earlier post.

• Love 5
(edited)

The thing with Brad, is that he has a somewhat sympathetic position, even if the writers probably won't go there. So what if he wanted some of the money? He did contribute to the development of Finn's drug, and Finn pledges ALL of the money without giving Brad his fair share. It doesn't help that Finn has been a straight up bitch to Brad and even if Finn did mean altruistic motives, the fact of the matter he was given a lot of leeway that other doctors and medical professionals wouldn't get because of the donation. I hope when things are all said and done, even if Brad is made to look like the baddie, someone like Lucas points it out to Finn. 

I like Brad because he seems like a fresh take on the old school villians. Its a shame that the writers and EP aren't smarter, because he could be a great character and Perry Shen is a good actor. He can be a conniving jerk (and it is acknowledged) especially when he wants something, but he hasn't resorted to murder and/or assault to prove his baddie side, like Ava, Sonny, Jason, Nina, etc.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 7

I watched the scenes that were pre-empted . . . Tracy telling Laura that "you think we could have been doing this all along" was annoying from a meta point of view. There was nothing stopping you writers, from doing it since GF returned.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Exactly.  Normally the main story would be ceded to them and there would be a greater number of younger characters.  The romances would be about them.  There are so many middle-aged romances.

They should do what soaps normally do.  Have them get together for good and be the advisors or maybe interferers in the younger romances, which would be their children.  It's ridiculous to keep the main focus on the love lives of older characters.  Why does Sonny hold such sway in this show?  

Actually if you watch the other soaps  outside of B&B it's the same way and was the same way for some of the canceled soaps. They never passed the torch to the younger characters

20 hours ago, TheGourmez said:

I really enjoyed Tracy's send off. Not the storyline leading up to it, but the day of whole family and friends worked out pretty nicely, I thought. Love Ned eschewing his Ashton last name, and I thought Dillon's shell shock but accepting reaction was just right. I totally forgot Kiki and Michael were also a thing until Michael and Dillon were standing next to each other. 

The episode made me do some age-looking up. Jane turned 70 this year, Leslie is 72, Jackie is 64, Wally is 58, and Stuart is 80. I do really wish we had AJ alive still, whether it was Sean or Billy playing him. I just, I love the Quartermaines, you guys. I will miss Jane and Tracy greatly. 

Agree with it all. If I knew they were actually gonna fill the Q house up a little more, I would be interested in keeping up with the show. As it is, I don't have much of a reason to bother.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/6/2017 at 7:57 PM, Oracle42 said:

Brad was told he was going to get a share of the money. So, Finn donated Brad's money without asking or telling him. He could've just donated his own

Yes, but the point remains he donated all of it, so the hospital -- at which Brad and Lucas earn their living -- was the only beneficiary of the funds. 

If someone answered me, I missed it. Did no one ever tell Brad what Michael Easton's character did with the money?

Edited by General Days

I remember years ago going to a Team Building "Playing  Nice With Others" Seminar, and they were showing various scenarios with acceptable and unacceptable conduct interacting with fellow workers. There was one scenario which, they way they set it up, it had extenuating circumstances for the person that was, for lack of a better term, was the "baddie".

When they were coming to Q&A to problemsolve how the "baddie" should change his attitude, I pointed out the discrepancies. The course director was curt and threw in an additional unmentioned circumstance to justify how the "baddie" was bad. I got the sudden realization that the course material meant for the "baddie" to be bad, and there was no deviation, and I quickly shut up and nodded.

I'm getting the same feeling from Show about Brad. It's bending over backward that Finn's altruism is paramount, and that any promises he made to Brad, or any financial situation of Brad, is just selfish on Brad's account, so Show and Jelly are telling me to sit down and shut up.

I will say, however, if Show is going to frame Brad with the third test, it's a hell of a lot better than Carly breaking into Ava's quasi-fortified apartment, and finding an obscure thumbdrive with questionable material in an obscure hiding place to blackmail Ava into giving up custody rights.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, General Days said:

the point remains he donated all of it, so the hospital -- at which Brad and Lucas earn their living -- was the only beneficiary of the funds. 

If the funds were enough to keep the hospital going, Brad's share would likely be enough to support him and Lucas without them needing to work. (Wanting to work is a different issue.) But I'm resigned to Brad getting the bad-guy edit. I'm mean, the dude wants his fair share. Could he be more evil?

• Love 5

Here's a question - is Dr. Michael Easton supposed to be well-off?  He certainly didn't seem to need or be impressed by the money that was being dangled in front of him.  But then again, Rebecca Budig had to seduce slash drug that guy to get more money for his drug research.  So which is it?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, General Days said:

If someone answered me, I missed it. Did no one ever tell Brad what Michael Easton's character did with the money?

Yes, he knows--he just doesn't care because he feels he was cheated.  

I just can't with the whole storyline.  It's boring and stupid and, tbh, if Lucas isn't going to be shown I don't have a big issue with Brad being used this way.  He does have a history of being a jerk, so it's really not out of character.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But I'm resigned to Brad getting the bad-guy edit. I'm mean, the dude wants his fair share. Could he be more evil?

And it'd be a more balanced story if we, I dunno, actually saw Brad and Lucas together excited about the condo as the next phase of their married life and then saw their disappointment and saw Brad's feelings that he let his husband down turn him down this path.  Or if, instead of something more material as a condo, they had wanted to use the money to start a family by hiring a surrogate or going through the adoption process or something.

Haves vs. have-nots has been a soap stale for a long time, but that's not what they're going for here.  Brad is an obstacle for poor, persecuted Dr. Michael Easton to overcome.  Whatever.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, he knows--he just doesn't care because he feels he was cheated. 

He was cheated.

I would like this story about 500 time more if Lucas was at least somewhat involved. Although the one time he was involved it was for him to whine about Brad being a big meanie, so maybe it'd actually be worse if he was involved.

If they're only going to show Brad and Lucas together once every 6 months I wish they'd go back to showing them fuck in their rare appearances like they used to. I prefer that to this bullshit.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Dr. Michael Easton is acting like Brad held him at gunpoint and forced the poor drug addict to let him help. Which, no. He offered cash in exchange for work he could not do himself because of his addiction/illness and then he reneged. 

Whether it's out of character isn't the issue*, Brad's anger is justifiable so Dr. Michael Easton's posture as the poor put-upon victim is grating. 

* It feels more like backsliding without foundational groundwork because they don't care about Brad as a character - which, of course they don't - Brad is gay and Asian and PS probably wasn't chosen by FV; he can actually act. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I loved Jordan's verbal smackdown of Alexis. She touched on so many valid points -- codependence; her lack of intelligence, strength, confidence, pride, and self-respect; setting a bad example for her daughters. Preach it, Jordan! I'm tired of the broken, brainless Alexis. 

Give that poster $60 million and a piece of pizza! Julian is straight-up poison for Alexis's self-esteem, independence, and self-determination. It's a cryin' shame--enough already! We know that Diane has so much pity for Alexis, although she won't show it now. Diana and Alexis's girls need to give her a keenex and an intervention. I'm at a loss as to what will change Alexis, and maybe the writers are too. She needs her law license back and then a good gnarly case she can sink her teeth into.

• Love 1

This is not the Cassadine incest story that I'm interested in seeing.

Taken from Oracle42 in the spoiler thread, re; possible Nathan/Kristina.

There is so much about Valentin in regards to Charlotte that we are supposed to sweep under the rug, apparently, but I'm more concerned about the fact of who Lulu is to him. Valentin and Lulu have no direct relation that I know of, but she is the half-sister of his nephew. Why, if Valentin knew all along that Lulu was Charlotte's mother, would he want to bring that child to term and create that child?

I have a feeling we aren't supposed to think about it.

• Love 2

He's amoral, and it's not actually incest. Why would he care?

Lulu, on the other hand, while also not actually incest, wanting to carry her half-brother's dad's child was creepy for the incestuous factor but also for other stuff as well.

• Love 5
(edited)

Do the writers understand or even care how sadistic and devoid of empathy it makes Liz look when she is constantly invalidating and dismissing Sam's discomfort in having to interact with her sexual assaulter? Franco saw that Sam was uncomfortable and was willing to walk away (half-point for Franco not being a disgusting waste of space for that moment), but Liz called him back and told Sam that he was to stay, that he was part of their alliance. Shut up, Liz, there is no alliance. Sam wasn't even trying to talk to you about Jake.

Heaven forbid Sam be concerned about her daughter's health after what she went through with Danny. Shut up, Liz. It could be nothing or it could be something. If YOU had been proactive in getting your son the care he needed immediately upon his return home, maybe he wouldn't be so troubled now.

And Liz telling Sam that she was being patient with her as a thank you for Sam being so patient with everything about Jake? Elizabeth, doing your damn job for Sam because she is concerned about Scout's health is NOT the same as constantly forcing Sam to be in the same space as Franco. She can stay quiet with her fake "I know it must be difficult."

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 12

I was going to complain about Michael only talking to one of his parents again, but then we got scenes of him and Nelle and I realized things can always get worse.

If Sonny and Carly aren't even going to pretend to go to war with each other, they might as well get back together now.  This story is so boring.

The very cute Avery was a bright spot, at least.

• Love 3