Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Respectfully disagree.  Ava was held hostage with Nik, witnessed his shooting and could have been killed herself.*

*if memory serves me right now....am home sick and fuzzy on meds....

Please correct me anyone if I'm wrong...

Bueller?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can. He is horrible.

Horrible acting and he looks vulgar.

18 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Respectfully disagree.  Ava was held hostage with Nik, witnessed his shooting and could have been killed herself.*

Ava's presence was pointless because she doesn't have any type of relationship with anyone in that room and she barely even knew Nik. Yes, he died trying to save her, but, so? If she wanted to pay her respects or whatever she could've at least asked Laura first instead of just showing up. She didn't even add anything to those scenes so why was she there.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

Yeah, Roger we get it.  You got a B+ in mime class.  Now cut it out.

I've been waiting for Griffin's brow to unfurrow since he joined the show.  Now I feel bad; I've realized that may be his resting face.

Good tantrum by Charlotte.  If we're going to have kids on the show, so far she seems like a good cast.

I'm wondering if Chloe L. is being hurt by no rehearsal time.  I was thinking since those were "very special" episodes - the Luke's childhood stuff - they may have been blocked and rehearsed in a way the day to day episodes are not.  Because she was quite good in those and now she seems so stilted.

This Halloween actually has me missing Faison as Beetlejuice and Obrecht in pigtails. That was fun. Don't miss Joss as corn though.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. Yes, I'm glad to see BH onscreen and not just shuffling patient charts, but this Franco thing is so, so gross. Why are they having her indulge his infantile behavior? He's literally stalked her. I am at a loss as to why and how I'm supposed to find this anything other than supremely creepy and sick.

Especially since the last time she sat on a bench at night outside and was being watched, the monster grabbed her and raped her. I know some people would say, 'not comparable - she was right outside Kelly's, in public, with Laura" but to me it makes the scenario really creepy/sick/disgusting. Also, Elizabeth not establishing firm boundaries, and NOT being scared off by his behavior, shows -possibly more than any storyline in her past - that she did not get the proper help she needed after the rape as a teenager. She has grown up to be a very emotionally unhealthy woman.

If we didn't already know months ago that BH is staying, I would swear that Sam's recent line (returning Jake's book scene) 'it's only a matter of time before Franco turns on you too' was an anvil that Elizabeth was soon going to be raped and murdered. 

SO GROSS!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

There was those scenes between Laura and Ava during the (pointless) malaria scare where they kinda made a connection so I wasn't surprised Ava showed up.

I didn't even think that was the reason. I think the phone call Ava got where they never followed up where she thought it was Nik (which still doesn't make sense, but whatever) was someone telling her to go to Wyndemere, that she had to be there. I know none of that was said yesterday, but I'm guessing they'll make a reference today. Because otherwise, it is extremely disjointed writing. 

Not that it ever stopped them before.

• Love 4

Based on the preview, I was hoping Michael had sought Nelle out based on Bobbie's suspicions, but nope, can't have anything interesting or fun when it comes to Nelle.  So now she has some EVUL off-screen father and she's being forced into whatever she's up to?  Snooooooze.  And Michael's already over being mad at Sonny, he's just avoiding him for Carly's sake?  Snoooooooore.

• Love 8

I liked Robin's incredulous tone while talking to Griffin. "So Claudette has lied to you about literally everything... But you believe what she says about Valentin...." That's right, Robin, it's as dumb as it sounds.

Seeing Alexis stumble around while deep in her cups makes me uncomfortable and sad. After watching her relationship with Julian crash and burn, I'd rather the character be back-burnered a bit rather than be driven into another angst fest.

So how long do we have to wait for the reveal that Valentin is Charlotte's dad? I'm certain that's coming, if only to get Nina one step closer to her goal of being a mom. You know she'll jump at him the minute she finds out he can provide her a child.

• Love 3

If Sonny and Jason have been romantic leads for the last two decades, then there's no reason for the show to assume the same lightning will strike with Franco.  Both Sonny and Jason are vile, horrible characters. But they are popular and have no shortage of romantic pairings and fanbases for those romantic pairings.  So really, Franco is just stepping into the same boat.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Based on the preview, I was hoping Michael had sought Nelle out based on Bobbie's suspicions, but nope, can't have anything interesting or fun when it comes to Nelle.  So now she has some EVUL off-screen father and she's being forced into whatever she's up to?  Snooooooze.  And Michael's already over being mad at Sonny, he's just avoiding him for Carly's sake?  Snoooooooore.

If Valentin is her dad, I'm punching myself in the face.

• Love 5

I just think it's so boring that Nelle now has an out if and when she ever actually gets her scheme on.  "Please, Sonny and Carly, I really do love you and think you're awesome, my mean EVUL dad made me do it!".  Can't this show ever just let a bad girl be a bad girl?

• Love 8

Are we supposed to recognize the hand writing in the letter from "your father" that Nelle was reading? I don't. 

It's a little refreshing that Anna has shifted away from her 'broken record' stance re: Duke and Julian to concentrate on Valentin and protecting Charlotte (even if she thinks the child is Duke's granddaughter). I understand it's in character for her to understate the hell she's been through, but I  still hated Robin telling Griffin she was held prison by Victor but luckily rescued by Patrick, Anna and Robert.  The poorly written lines made it seem like Robin was kidnapped for maybe a month. Also, on the one hand, Robin looks great in blue (and I much prefer her with this longer hair), but on the other hand, that shirt looked like a tent on her. They did the same thing for Kim McC's stint when Robin 'came back from the dead' - the shirt she had on during the Purina Wedding Interruptus. It's so annoying. 

So the first scene back at GH is pregnant Sam in a hospital bed, worrying about Valentin and Jason's intentions. Of course. Passed out Alexis missing Jason's phone call makes me roll my eyes.

I tried to miss all the Valentin/Nina stuff but accidentally heard him ask, "Are we having a baby?" My timing sucks. So much UGH. Don't know nor care why he's so into her. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So the first scene back at GH is pregnant Sam in a hospital bed, worrying about Valentin and Jason's intentions. Of course.

They were actually at Mercy.  But why is GH still closed if Franco (GRRRR!) "saved the hospital"?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So now she has some EVUL off-screen father and she's being forced into whatever she's up to? 

And once again, the writers take the more boring, least creative path.

9 minutes ago, Vella said:

But [Sonny and Jason] are popular and have no shortage of romantic pairings and fanbases for those romantic pairings. So really, Franco is just stepping into the same boat.

Sonny, at least, didn't start out as a romantic lead, and Jason wasn't a hit man at the beginning. Franco has been a scourge on humanity from day one.

• Love 12

Sam was grabbing her belly and groaning, but all the doctor said is that she is right as rain, nothing wrong, yadda yadda. Something must have caused the discomfort. And Jason was concerned enough to stay with her all night.  Neither of them seemed to be giving Danny much thought. They put him in a convenient drawer somewhere.

Yet again, KeMo gets to close her eyes and drift off to sleep on the job, instead of just sleepwalking on the job.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Neither of them seemed to be giving Danny much thought. They put him in a convenient drawer somewhere.

To be fair, they established yesterday that Danny was spending the night at Monica's.

Jinx, Cheyanne11!  Owe me a Coke!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Vella said:

If Sonny and Jason have been romantic leads for the last two decades, then there's no reason for the show to assume the same lightning will strike with Franco.  Both Sonny and Jason are vile, horrible characters. But they are popular and have no shortage of romantic pairings and fanbases for those romantic pairings.  So really, Franco is just stepping into the same boat.

It's really not a fair comparison. 

Sonny and Jason were created during the height of soaps and had great writing for their relationships and overall characters. Franco is not and has never been a well written character nor interesting. Sonny and Jason can get away with a lot IMO because of their past successful pairings or those great stories that made soap history. Franco doesn't have any of that beneath his belt plus he is involved with legacy characters that have their own fanbases.  

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Linny said:

So how long do we have to wait for the reveal that Valentin is Charlotte's dad? I'm certain that's coming, if only to get Nina one step closer to her goal of being a mom. You know she'll jump at him the minute she finds out he can provide her a child.

The way he said to Claudette 'I believe you have something of mine" (or close to that, anyway) has me thinking he sees Charlotte as a possession - that she's not actually his daughter or Claudette's. Today he said children make the story interesting - it seems that Charlotte is a pawn, a a piece of a plan. I also think there's writing intention behind both Laura and Elizabeth seeing her at the Metro Court. This vaguely reminds me of Stefan and Nikolas arriving in Port Charles in the '90s.

Something must have caused the discomfort

They said it was stress.  

But why is GH still closed if Franco (GRRRR!) "saved the hospital"?

Because one "day" in GH time lasts weeks in real time.  Franco "saved" the hospital "yesterday".  So no one has had time to reopen the hospital.  

If Valentin is her dad, 

Good lord, do not put that out there. Take it back, take it back.  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I understand it's in character for her to understate the hell she's been through, but I  still hated Robin telling Griffin she was held prison by Victor but luckily rescued by Patrick, Anna and Robert.  The poorly written lines made it seem like Robin was kidnapped for maybe a month. Also, on the one hand, Robin looks great in blue (and I much prefer her with this longer hair), but on the other hand, that shirt looked like a tent on her. They did the same thing for Kim McC's stint when Robin 'came back from the dead' - the shirt she had on during the Purina Wedding Interruptus. It's so annoying. 

The timeline was off, but it doesn't shock me bc the show has no idea what they wrote. Technically, she was with Victor for months while she was saving Jason. Later, she was taken again by Helena and then held by Jerry.

They always put Robin in the SAME blue sweater. Frank doesn't care about her wardrobe.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Perkie said:

They said it was stress.  

C'mon, it's a hit-man's baby (unless it is something more sinister, such as a long-lost e*****). Sam must have been overreacting,  considering how blase the doctor is.

It's about time for someone to offer Sam a protective necklace amulet, as in Rosemary's Baby. That might pique our interest in her brat.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
47 minutes ago, Vella said:

They're all horrible characters. What Sonny did to Karen (drugging and sleeping with an underage girl, which is arguably rape), nearly killing his own children multiple times (and possible so in Morgan's case), nearly killing Robin in front of Emma, or Jason killing over a thousand people (as Original Recipe Franco said during Guza's reign of terror), makes them all abhorrent people.

Sonny demanding that Carly murder Lorenzo to "prove" her love for him was also pretty damn creepy.

Franco is a complete mess, and is problematic in different ways; he was originally Guza's self-insert to laud how awesome Jason was and how many people he killed. The current Franco is, admittedly, creepy. There was no attempt at a real redemption (magic DVDs and a tumor don't count in my book), he acts creepy with Liz (something even some Liz/Franco supporters agree on), and he doesn't seem to have any awareness over what he did to his victims (see his interactions with Liz, Maxie, or Sam, in contrast to Todd and Marty).

I don't get why Franco isn't written with at least a modicum of awareness regarding his interactions with his victims. The current storylines seem to involve Franco taking the easy way out (as in "saving GH"), rather than honestly trying to earn redemption and being cognizant that he'll never be able to undo the horrors he's unleashed on his victims (like Sam's trauma over thinking he raped her and impregnated her).

• Love 6

Sam must have been overreacting,  considering how blase the doctor is.

Well, Jason did say they were running a couple more tests so it is possible that something else will come to light during the night.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

I don't get why Franco isn't written with at least a modicum of awareness regarding his interactions with his victims.

I know. It wouldn't fix the essential problem (i.e., he exists), but it would go a long way toward making him less repellent. Of course, he'd also have to stop stalking/harrassing/creeping on everyone, and I don't think these writers can make a character do two things at once.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Sonny demanding that Carly murder Lorenzo to "prove" her love for him was also pretty damn creepy

WHAT!  When did this happen?  How did I miss this storyline?  More info please.  I'll keep checking the History thread for answers.

Edited by movingtargetgal

Have Nelle and Griffin ever shared a scene? Will we all pass out if they a) do and b) they have an extended conversation?

apparently FH didn't want Anna as commissioner anymore cause the PCPD sucks, but everyone is dumb on this show, so she should go back there cause she had a nice dynamic with everyone.

I'd say they were planning Michael and Nelle but given MB's interview I do think something hinky will happen with Nelle and Sonny. Perhaps against her will because she really wants to be with Michael. But Michael/Nelle is such a bad idea, unless Nelle all of a sudden grows a personality.

Someone please tell WdV to grow in the sides of his hair. The toupee is kind of super obvious!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I can't even enjoy the schadenfreude of someone I hate being stuck with Freako because he's just so fucking revolting. I can't believe Jelly are stupid enough to think Freako works as a romantic lead or that it's acceptable to write this 50 year old rapist serial killer as a whiny, obsessive, creepy, predatory, annoying, infantile piece of shit who makes sarcastic comments to his victims, hides in the back seat of cars at night, and tries to pressure his girlfriend into having sex. I seriously don't understand what's wrong with these people. Maybe they're listening to the RoHo stans/desperate Herbst fans on twitter who are eating this crap up. 

Got me curious to see if there were any fans who liked this couple and I found looked at some other boards which I haven't in a long while.  Found some Friz fans on Soapzone. 

9 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Got me curious to see if there were any fans who liked this couple and I found looked at some other boards which I haven't in a long while.  Found some Friz fans on Soapzone. 

Yes, but a decent amount of them have stated outright they were just glad Liz was on-screen.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Have Nelle and Griffin ever shared a scene? Will we all pass out if they a) do and b) they have an extended conversation?

apparently FH didn't want Anna as commissioner anymore cause the PCPD sucks, but everyone is dumb on this show, so she should go back there cause she had a nice dynamic with everyone.

I'd say they were planning Michael and Nelle but given MB's interview I do think something hinky will happen with Nelle and Sonny. Perhaps against her will because she really wants to be with Michael. But Michael/Nelle is such a bad idea, unless Nelle all of a sudden grows a personality.

Someone please tell WdV to grow in the sides of his hair. The toupee is kind of super obvious!

"unless Nelle all of a sudden grows a personality"  Well said.  I had hoped to like Nelle because I had enjoyed Chloe Lanier's brief visit as the young Patricia Spencer. But that was short term and very different circumstances and, thus far, her character is not especially appealing. 

And, being as Michael can be pretty low key as well, he really needs someone more dynamic in a pairing. 

Re Anna being commissioner, at this point, I delighted to have her out of that place.  As for interacting with the present members of the PCPD, she can still do as part of her investigations; and, therefore, have the best of both worlds - her independence and contact with her former Port Charles co-workers.  In fact, she has scenes with Dante tomorrow. 

You watched Julian enough to notice WDV's hair?  I'm boycotting the Jiblings right now. 

I haven't watch an episode in ages, it interferes with my naptime, but I do manage to catch the daily wrap up/preview.  And I have a question:  Why isn't Hayden involved with the sale of Wndemere?  Had Nicholas written her out of the will? 

I refuse to watch this show until the last Cassadine has perished from the face of the earth. Talk about a yawn...

FKA: One More Time.

Obviously Mercy is a low-grade cheap ass hospital.  Poor Sam wasn't even given a pillow.  I'm surprised Jason didn't heroically offer his beefy arm.

I think KMc has over sized clothing because they don't know how to handle her weight gain.  I think they do a good job with Genie, so I'm not sure what the problem is.  It's not like the costume department is overwhelmed with Sam's black jeans, black low-cut shirt, and stiletto boots.

I'm sure I'm way off base, but my first thought when Griffin arrived with Charlotte - precious Emma is going to be mistakenly kidnapped.  I know Anna is blinded by Duuuuuuke, but Robin should have some common sense. 

Are they going for a Griffin/Anna relationship?  I don't mind the older woman/younger man, but not if she only wants him as an extension of Duke.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think KMc has over sized clothing because they don't know how to handle her weight gain.  I think they do a good job with Genie, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

They just need to buy clothes in her size and not try to "hide" her body like it's something to be ashamed of. It's 2016. Can society handle curves on television? I think they can. Come on, world. You can do it! I have faith in you! 

16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm sure I'm way off base, but my first thought when Griffin arrived with Charlotte - precious Emma is going to be mistakenly kidnapped.  I know Anna is blinded by Duuuuuuke, but Robin should have some common sense. 

Well, Emma/Robin aren't staying and won't be involved in this story, so it's not something that will be relevant. If anything, they should have had Robin say, "Oh, the Cassadines? Welp, gtg!"

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7

Nelle is officially deadtome, having convinced Michael to consider how Sonny feels. STFU, Nelle. 

With all the pointed shots of the box of booze in Alexis's house, I'm surprised they didn't have her stare longingly at it when she and Jason and Sam left. But she did a good job when she got back. 

10 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Obviously Mercy is a low-grade cheap ass hospital.

It's the PCPD set. They didn't even try to make it look like a hospital.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Vella said:

I don't remember Jason sexually assaulting a woman or made one believed she was raped.  Sonny is a slimeball and Franco should have remained dead.  

Elizabeth's primary role the last few months is to make fans root for Franco and HateChel.

• Love 6

Elizabeth and Griffin should have been the obvious choice from day one, but then fans would be screaming at my girl for defrocking a priest!  Franco sucks, hard and should be thrown back at Nina or Ava like a bad rash.

Hell, just retcon that Kiki IS really Franco's kid and pair him with Ava.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Are they going for a Griffin/Anna relationship?  I don't mind the older woman/younger man, but not if she only wants him as an extension of Duke.

Oh man this is my worst nightmare. Griffin has a whole different personality compared to Dewq, a silent sulky type who frequently looked like he was going to burst into tears or grind his teeth down with nervous tension. Griffin is supposed to be more emotional and spiritual. I don't recall seeing Dewq kvell over the sweetness of a sleeping child and break into prayers. Griffin is a more balanced personality, and definitely is more open and giving. I can't see Griffin offering to do hits for either Julian or Sonny.

That said, if Anna develops a yearning for a relationship with Griffin, she needs to be actively aware of the personality differences, and really fall in love with Griffin for himself.

• Love 2

Alexis is a mess. I hope that the person who finds her is a friend or daughter, rather than Julian. Julian and Alexis appear to love each other despite what they've been through. Now is the time for Alexis to get some therapy and lift herself by her bootstraps. Get some pro bono work to keep her skills sharp and meet new people, and live without leaning on a man for validation. Julian has to get out of the mob completely.