Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Liez says Hayden is the most selfish person she knows. Hmm. I guess she hasn't looked in the mirror lately. Or taken a look at her rapist serial killer boyfriend. 

Nah...she just hasn't seen Carly in a while.

• Love 8

Carly was rubbing a lot more than her face up against Jason recently before Morgan's death.  She'd run into his arms and was grinding up against his whole body. He often had a sheepish little smirk afterwards for a short while.

Maxie is so transparent. She arranged another DNA test for Claudette's little girl, but the results weren't worth much to Nathan since Maxie could have falsified them herself before mailing the contents. I think she may have done just that to back up her passionate pronouncements that the girl isn't Nathan's.

Using Heather to explain the attacks on Bobbie and Lucas was weak and predictable of the writers. Heather is in a heavily fortified prison. Her news is either from the paper or her son, and both are 'way after the fact and not current.

Anna is not herself. She's a mess. She needs to move away to California to live near Robin's family and go back to college for some adult education. I think Anna's mind is unhinged from all the wacko experiences she's investigated while in the WSB  and the PCPD. And she seems to have a real personal anger management issue.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

Getting side-eyes from 10 year olds Maxie? That's who you are now. We feel ya Charlotte! I just think it's unnecessary even if true to keep bitching about Claudette while her child is 3 feet away. She can hear you stupid. And what kind of psycho is ready to abandon her kid to strangers to run away with her ex lover? I thought got Claudette came back for Nathan? That's already changed. Nice. 

Laura it's nice to see you sometimes your opinion on Franco not withstanding. Adding to kidnapping Aiden, he also tried to blow Lulu up. No biggie I guess. Also you and Liz can hate Hayden because she's no innocent but let's not forget your son/BFF tried to have her murdered. Take down the self-righteousness just a smidge. 

• Love 9

I'm sorry but they can cut that shit out comparing shitty vanity project Franco to Luke Spencer. On the worst day of his worst story*, he was better than the murderhobo

*Basically, everything written by RC

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I'm sorry but they can cut that shit out comparing shitty vanity project Franco to Luke Spencer. On the worst day of his worst story*, he was better than the murderhobo

*Basically, everything written by RC

Why is Laura comparing the man she spent decades in love with to Freako? She shit on herself by making that comparison. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Also, what kind of scumbag is willing to abandon  their stolen kid and dump them off on a dumb tree she hasn't seen in years and his annoying fiance that she knows nothing about.

I didn't understand that at all. Claudette decides to reveal she has a daughter only to basically abandon her and run off with the semi-priest she's suddenly back in love with? What? Huh? 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't understand that at all. Claudette decides to reveal she has a daughter only to basically abandon her and run off with the semi-priest she's suddenly back in love with? What? Huh? 

It's beyond obvious that Jelly have no idea what they're doing with this character, and they can't even be bothered to attempt to hide it. Why is anyone supposed to care about her when her motivations aren't even consistent from one week to the next. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was mostly ignoring the rumors too but then Giddens said something and he usually knows casting. But yeah, if she's leaving, they're not really setting anything up so far.

I think they could still go there with Tracy and Finn if they wanted to.

Giddens is one of the people who gets on my nerves. I think  once in a blue moon he gets a scoop-I think he was the first to spill Valentin-but it was also out in the mags a few days later. I don't think he gets insider information- I still remember him saying for like, a year and a half, that TG was retiring, then when it was announced, he was like "see, told you."  I'm not saying Jane's NOT leaving soon- I'm saying  no one truly knows anything for sure other than her, FV and the writers. If  anyone else did know, they wouldn't be coy about it.

I think the show COULD go there with Tracy and Finn, and Jane could sell it like a popsicle to an Eskimo. But I really doubt they ever would. If JE is staying a while, I'd like to see Tracy get a new romance. I think Tracy is actually one of the few females on this show who is better and stronger without a man, but this is a soap, and if you ain't got a romance, you ain't nothin'.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'm not saying Jane's NOT leaving soon- I'm saying  no one truly knows anything for sure other than her, FV and the writers. If  anyone else did know, they wouldn't be coy about it.

You'd think if JE were retiring, they'd make a big deal about it and start promoting the show around it. She's a vet and a soap legend, after all. But of course, that would mean taking away attention from the riveting stories going on with Franco and Claudette. (Here's a thought: Put them together and have a murder-suicide.)

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You'd think if JE were retiring, they'd make a big deal about it and start promoting the show around it. She's a vet and a soap legend, after all. But of course, that would mean taking away attention from the riveting stories going on with Franco and Claudette. (Here's a thought: Put them together and have a murder-suicide.)

You'd think. I honestly have no idea where more inexplicable things happen on this show, on-screen or off.

• Love 5

TPTB really screwed the pooch by making RHo Franco.  Tumor or not, it's just virtually impossible to separate the character from his past horrific deeds.  And that sucks because I like Roger and think he has good chemistry with quite a few people on the show.  I'd totally be in favor of some stupid retcon where it turns out he's not Franco.

Having said all that, he has this weird childlike affect in some of his scenes with Liz that are an uber-weird acting choice.  I half-expect him to break out in "I love you, you love me, we can be a fam-i-lee..."

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I always thought Claudette was planning to abandon the girl in PC and split with her lover. Since Claudette was/is involved with Valentin Cassadine, it could be that Claudette's role was to be surrogate for the Lulu/Stavros embryo and then dump her into PC society. Or the show has decided to truncate any future for the Claudette character or that actress, and this is a convenient way to get rid of her.

It's ironic that Maxie's own child is being raised by another family far away...and if she marries Nathan she herself will be raising a stranger's kid from the get-go during her marriage to Nathan.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

I hate that RC gave Maxie a child. I liked the fact that she knew didn't want children and didn't want to be a parent and felt absolutely no guilt about it. If RC was determined to stick her in one of his babeez stories for wimmins, I wish he'd at least maintained that aspect of her character and had Spinelli as the one fighting Lante for custody while Maxie was willing to have them adopt Georgie

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I honestly have no idea where more inexplicable things happen on this show, on-screen or off.

When the original Sopranos series was on HBO, those of us who were trying to find and follow a plot thread were always frustrated by the writers' penchant for opening storylines and characters that were not picked up and developed in later episodes. Soon it became apparent that main writer David Chase was creating limited slots to introduce or boost certain actors and actresses who wanted to share in the big post-show profits; or get a career boost or retirement residuals  from appearing on the show. I think the same crass motive is operating on GH. It's a way for new or back-to-work talent to get a fan base and name recognition, acting chops, whatever. Frustrating for traditional viewers who are trying to follow plot lines.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

TPTB really screwed the pooch by making RHo Franco.  Tumor or not, it's just virtually impossible to separate the character from his past horrific deeds.  And that sucks because I like Roger and think he has good chemistry with quite a few people on the show.  I'd totally be in favor of some stupid retcon where it turns out he's not Franco.

Having said all that, he has this weird childlike affect in some of his scenes with Liz that are an uber-weird acting choice.  I half-expect him to break out in "I love you, you love me, we can be a fam-i-lee..."

I'm so terrified that the writers will have him deliver Sam's baby. 

Even if he didn't rape Sam he still sexually assaulted her and should therefore never be near Sam especially while giving birth or touch her. Seriously I will rage if this happen. The writers are misogynistic enough to do this IMO. 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I mean, like I've said a bunch of times, even when you disconnect Franco from his past misdeeds, what you're left with is a 45 year old man wheedling his ex-girlfriend for take-out for his new girlfriend. Plus, his hair. It's not good. 

RoHo does have chemistry with a lot of people though. Although with FV is charge and RHo left to his own devices, no matter what character he is, I dunno if they could resist playing him as a same old whiny comedic relief type character.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Although with FV is charge and RHo left to his own devices, no matter what character he is, I dunno if they could resist playing him as a same old whiny comedic relief type character.

Freako is just a more annoying, more whiny, serial killer version of Todd Manning. This is the type of character that's in RoHo's wheelhouse. And given what I've seen and heard about other characters he's played, this might be the only thing in his wheelhouse. 

• Love 4

Show: And the Hospital Killer is.... *spins wheel* Paul!

Me: Um, that doesn't take into account Bobbie and Lucas.

Show: Reasons! Helena! Commercial Break!

Me: Helena was dead by the time of the attacks. Besides, Paul has an alibi and we have the tapes.

Show: Fine -- Reasons! Heather! Commercial Break!

Me: SMH....

• Love 17
5 hours ago, sunnyface said:

My DVR didn't record yesterday and reading from the above comments, I can't figure out how Heather figures in on the Bobbie/Lucas attempts.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Heather thought Franco was the Hospital Killer and didn't want him to be caught.  So she tried to attack Bobbie (& Lucas got in the way) while Franco had an alibi (he was at the NB).  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I mean, like I've said a bunch of times, even when you disconnect Franco from his past misdeeds, what you're left with is a 45 year old man wheedling his ex-girlfriend for take-out for his new girlfriend. Plus, his hair. It's not good. 

After his retcon Franco would be at peace because he did not do those horrible things.  He no longer needs to punish himself and goes to Nina to get a Crimson makeover.  He cuts that stupid hair and obtains a decent wardrobe.  Franco could have his snarky side and look good at the same time. 

• Love 1

What happened to Rebecca Budig character throwing herself at every male within a 5 foot radius?

I think Ron snuck back into the studio, with his VHS copy of "An Indecent Proposal".

• Love 1

Why did Claudette lie and say Nathan was Charlotte's father? I don't know, Claudette doesn't know, the writers sure as fuck don't know. If they don't know what to do with this character, why did they create her in the first place? It's so dumb and nonsensical. Claudette could whip off a mask and reveal herself to be Helena and I'd be like "sure, seems legit."

Poor Charlotte, though, being left with stranger after stranger. Tell me again, Claudette, about how you're so concerned for her welfare.

• Love 16

LOL at Hayden's nonchalant reaction to the sick, weak Finn breaking down the door of her date's hotel room.  "Glad you're here; help me move him."

Finn: "There's not enough hand sanitizer in the world ..." LMAO!!

Sonny, once again - "my daughter" to Ava?? STFU.  I assume Sonny is going to "reward" Nelle with sex for catching Ava. 

I didn't think even Maxie (esp. after everything cousin Robin has been through) would be so stupid as to break into the room of someone she knows is on the run from a dangerous person. 

Charlotte looks scared and confused that Mommy is now introducing her to Griffin and telling her he is her daddy. Poor kid. Her mother truly is heartless. Claudette really intended to sex up Griffin, run away with him, never tell him Charlotte isn't Nathan's, and leave Charlotte with Nathan.

• Love 4

I've been gone for a few days (brief shoutout to Desert Trip) and don't have any desire to watch the episodes I missed, but I have this question from today. Did Sonny and Carly somehow get permanent custody of Avery? The last thing I remember is that Ava was awarded custody, but then she allowed the terrible twosome to care for Ava while she was having legal issues. When did Sonny get the right to tell Ava "No" to seeing Avery? I will acknowledge that Ava doesn't seem to actually want to be caring for her daughter full time, but, still, are the writers aware of who the kid is supposed to be living with? 

Also, Nelle is starting to remind me of the kid in every elementary school class who always stood back, watched and enjoyed whatever minor mischief occurred, and then announced, "I'm gonna tell,"  afterward. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, rur said:

Also, Nelle is starting to remind me of the kid in every elementary school class who always stood back, watched and enjoyed whatever minor mischief occurred, and then announced, "I'm gonna tell,"  afterward. 

She's annoying. She needs to be murdered as well. 

• Love 5

Those Claudette/Nathan/Griffin scenes were terreeblay. Griffin looked like was about to collapse when he heard Charlotte was his, I giggled.

Why did this story become about Claudette wanting Griffin? This has been going on since February. And if the daughter is probably Lulu's, that means that Maxie has been involved in a pretty much pointless story that ended up having nothing to do with her character.

Are we sure that guy wasn't lying in wait to assassinate Nathan? He looked like a lumberjack.

So Maxie calls the terrorist doctor to baby-sit? Not Felicia or Mac or Lulu or Sam or even Nina?

I suppose we'll find out that Hayden's date drugged her drink and that will make it okay for the creepy way Hayden and Finn handled his body. Also, what kind of shitty doors does the Metro Court have? 170 lbs Finn (and that's max, I think I'm overestimating), a weakened one at that, can knock down the door? And then why was he just standing there while Hayden was trying to drag the man around?

This episode had very few people in it, weird. Ava/Nelle/Sonny/Obrecht/Finn/Hayden/Nathan/Claudette/Griffin/Tracy. That was it.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Why did Claudette lie and say Nathan was Charlotte's father? I don't know, Claudette doesn't know, the writers sure as fuck don't know. If they don't know what to do with this character, why did they create her in the first place? It's so dumb and nonsensical. Claudette could whip off a mask and reveal herself to be Helena and I'd be like "sure, seems legit."

Poor Charlotte, though, being left with stranger after stranger. Tell me again, Claudette, about how you're so concerned for her welfare.

I think probably Helena asked Claudette to carry the embryo. Somehow she got stuck with Charlotte , she found out Griffin and Nathan were in the same town, and decided to leave Charlotte with Nathan and convince Griffin to run away with her.

30 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Off brand baguette Claud needs to be murdered. What a useless piece of irrelevant annoying stupid trash. 

BW is not good. To be fair to her, it's hard to imagine how today's dialogue could have been delivered well, but since everything involved in this storyline needs to be salted and burned, it doesn't really matter.

• Love 5

Are we sure that guy wasn't lying in wait to assassinate Nathan? He looked like a lumberjack.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't understand why people call Nathan "a tree" since I don't think he's as wooden as others think.  But this made me laugh, hard!!

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:

Griffin:  I'm a priest

Claudette;  Eh, you're not wearing that collar so let's run away together.

Nathan:  Charlotte's not my daughter

Claudette:  Yes she is

Nathan:  Maxie got a second DNA test done

Claudette:  Oopsie my bad.  I'm a lying liar who's pants are on fire.   Hey Griffin, you wanna go meet your daughter?

Claudette to Charlotte:  Yeah, that guy's not your dad, this guy is.  At least until Griffin runs his own DNA test and finds out neither of us are your parents.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Those Claudette/Nathan/Griffin scenes were terreeblay.

So Maxie calls the terrorist doctor to baby-sit? Not Felicia or Mac or Lulu or Sam or even Nina?

1) I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to pronounce it like that. And I agree.

2) They all know Maxie well enough to get that she just wants to go do something stupid and/or selfish, that there is no "emergency" - unless they know Georgie is visiting and could hear little girl screams in the background.  Dr. O barely knows Maxie; Maxie is aware of that. Maxie knew quite well if she said "Nathan needs you," Dr. O would come running. In Maxie's mind, her MIL-to-be's history as a terrorist doctor is as old/irrelevant news as Maxie trying to pass off Georgie as Lulu and Dante's newborn.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This. They both act like pre-teens in their scenes together imo. It's why their chemistry feels so forced to me. It's super embarrassing.

2 hours ago, rur said:

I've been gone for a few days (brief shoutout to Desert Trip) and don't have any desire to watch the episodes I missed, but I have this question from today. Did Sonny and Carly somehow get permanent custody of Avery? The last thing I remember is that Ava was awarded custody, but then she allowed the terrible twosome to care for Ava while she was having legal issues. When did Sonny get the right to tell Ava "No" to seeing Avery? I will acknowledge that Ava doesn't seem to actually want to be caring for her daughter full time, but, still, are the writers aware of who the kid is supposed to be living with? 

I was wondering about that, too. Did I miss when Ava had full custody taken away/Sonny was rewarded full custody? I mean it is very possible I actually did miss it because I normally fast forward Sonny scenes.

I can't believe they're seriously going to have Sonny/Nelle fuck, but it seems so obvious now. I hope she just drugs him and makes him/Carly believe they had sex at least. I can't stomach them actually doing it. Also, even though we all knew Nelle having a secret vendetta against Carly was coming, it's kinda coming out of nowhere. She has barely shown any signs of it and now she's going to all of a sudden fuck Sonny? I mean, come on! Do the work, writers!

I am not into Finn/Hayden at all and as I said before I'm super over ME's "I'm quirky!" shtick, but I kinda enjoyed the scenes with them and that rich guy. If only because it was fun to watch the two of them lift that guy who was like almost twice both of their sizes. But honestly that scene was kinda creepy.

The Claudette stuff is just so mindbogglingly stupid, but to be honest I sorta enjoy it. Like it's just so stupid and bad in every way that it makes me laugh, which is more than I can say for most of the other painfully boring things happening.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can't believe they're seriously going to have Sonny/Nelle fuck, but it seems so obvious now. I hope she just drugs him and makes him/Carly believe they had sex at least. I can't stomach them actually doing it.

Wimp! :p

I just want scenes where everyone comes in and sees Sonny just hanging out, and they're all like, "ummm . . . Sonny . . . please, please, don't fuck the baby-sitter" and he's all "what are you talking about, don't be ridiculous" and then they just give up and sigh and just ask him to please please just get a vasectomy instead.

• Love 5

At this point, Sonny and Nelle fucking is the least of Sonny and Carly's problems. And also at the point, I'm so bored with this fakakta show that I couldn't care less what Nelle's plan is. Too late, Show. And also again, really? Sonny and Nelle bang? Way to be original. Zzzzzz. 

• Love 4

I guess I'm easy, I don't mind predictable necessarily. Trying to trick the audience annoys me more :side-eyes Fluke: The problem is as always whether something is well told or not.

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They should pull a fast one and have Nelle fuck Michael and then it turns out she really is Carly's daughter. Honestly, it's not any grosser than her fucking Sonny and at least it'd be different!

Well if they're gonna have incest sex she'd better be AJ's daughter!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

IWell if they're gonna have incest sex she'd better be AJ's daughter!

Sure, that'd be better! But I still believe we're meant to think AJ never existed, so they won't go there.

Speaking of Nelle, I'm so annoyed by her shirt. Like why does it have slits 5 inches up each side?

Edited by peachmangosteen

Griffin should probably (100%) order a paternity test or go on Maury. That child needs to be taken away from Claudette. 

And Maxie also needs to die. I just can't with her. You won! There's no need to go and confront Claudette when she knew that's what Nathan was going to be doing. My reaction to seeing that man in Claudette's room was "serves you right."

Ava needs to die, Sonny needs to die, Nelle needs to die. Everyone needs to die.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can't believe they're seriously going to have Sonny/Nelle fuck, but it seems so obvious now. I hope she just drugs him and makes him/Carly believe they had sex at least. I can't stomach them actually doing it. Also, even though we all knew Nelle having a secret vendetta against Carly was coming, it's kinda coming out of nowhere. She has barely shown any signs of it and now she's going to all of a sudden fuck Sonny? I mean, come on! Do the work, writers!

Yeah, the preview has me thinking Sonny will hallucinate/dream that Carly has come back to him, and then in a state of despair go for Nelle. I'm actually wondering if this will bring Nelle closer to Michael - he (and maybe Carly) will rage at Sonny for using Nelle, after everything she's done for our family on top of blowing up Morgan. I could see Joss finding out and calling Sonny "disgusting".  The writing for Nelle seems to indicate that she wants to be close to and adored by the (now) 4 children under Carly and Sonny's influence. The best way to hurt them is to have the kids turn against them.

That reminds me - why was Nelle watching over Avery? Bobbie is supposed to be Avery's nanny since before Carly hired Nelle to work at the Metro Court. Also,when Jason went to check in on Carly at her house, she specifically said Joss was upstairs. No mention of her mom living there, or being there for her and Joss right now (instead of w/Avery). 

• Love 2

I seriously do not understand what they are doing with this Claudette shit.  Not that I'm at all interested in it, but why are they flying through these plot beats at warp speed?  Why are we supposed to care whose kid this is?

So Rebecca Budig conned a guy out of money and then drugged him?  I mean, sure, he was a sleaze, but this is our heroine, this is romantic comedy for her and Dr. Michael Easton?

Nelle's got about five minutes left to start ruining someone's life before I lose all interest.  Why couldn't Chloe Lanier play one of Lucy's daughters again?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:53 PM, peachmangosteen said:
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:51 PM, rur said:

I was wondering about that, too. Did I miss when Ava had full custody taken away/Sonny was rewarded full custody? I mean it is very possible I actually did miss it because I normally fast forward Sonny scenes.

Last I remember, Carly got herself a hold of a flash drive (not the AJ murder one) that has video of Ava having sex with Paul. (She got this by breaking into Ava's apartment, naturally). She used this as blackmail to make Ava surrender Avery to her and Sonny. Paul wouldn't help her and insisted she do what CarSon said so the tape wouldn't get released, otherwise HE would give the AJ murder flash drive to the PCPD. Double-blackmail to Ava, score!

Yet Paul is now a serial killer and none of this ever went through the court system in the first place so legally Ava has primary custody of Avery, as per the original custody verdict. Why Ava hasn't gone to Sonny's house with a family court judge and taken back her daughter that he stole, I don't know. Reasons and Helena, I guess.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why Avery hasn't gone to Sonny's house with a family court judge and taken back her daughter that he stole, I don't know.

Especially now that Carly has left, Sonny is grieving, and Nelle seems to have taken over nanny duties. 

• Love 5

Dr. O's straightforward (if a little too on the nose) diagnosis of Morgan was rather bracing. It was nice to hear from someone who wasn't wallowing in guilt and/or grief.

I FFed the Sonny/Nelle scenes; did she tell him what her dead parents' favorite holiday was?

I don't normally like Ava, but I really like how MW played her scenes with Sonny. Pushing his buttons j-u-s-t a little bit here, needling him j-u-s-t a little bit there.

• Love 5