Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, dubbel zout said:

Why? I think that's a reasonable thing to call Sonny. It's better than Dad.

It doesn't sound like something you'd call your step dad though. Calling him plain Sonny would sound more natural. But I dunno, I don't know much about the subject. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why? I think that's a reasonable thing to call Sonny. It's better than Dad

I think it would be reasonable to call him Sonny.  I don't know anyone who calls their

mother's husband  "uncle", unless it is their uncle, then that would be a real life soap.

• Love 4

I just find it weird and creepy.  Maybe when she was a little girl and she was hanging out with her two brothers and their dad and she couldn't pronounce Mr Corinthos, they told her to call him uncle.  But now she is old enough her friends probably say "why do you call you stepdad uncle?" I think any normal kid would drop the Uncle part at that time, its not like we have seen any evidence of Joss and Sonny's deep bonding (not that I remember anyways). It is just the show trying to say "look Sonny is such a great dad that ever kids who aren't related to him want to be"

• Love 3

It's perfectly natural, from my experience, to continue to call someone "uncle" if you've been calling that person that way since childhood.  You don't just suddenly think "Oh, I'm an adult now or I'm older, and I can call him Sonny."  In a blended family, calling non relatives "uncle" or "aunt" or even "Grandma" is common, and it doesn't stop when you become an adult.

• Love 4

I just find it weird and creepy.  Maybe when she was a little girl and she was hanging out with her two brothers and their dad and she couldn't pronounce Mr Corinthos, they told her to call him uncle.  But now she is old enough her friends probably say "why do you call you stepdad uncle?" I think any normal kid would drop the Uncle part at that time, its not like we have seen any evidence of Joss and Sonny's deep bonding (not that I remember anyways). It is just the show trying to say "look Sonny is such a great dad that ever kids who aren't related to him want to be"

I agree. I've always found it weird and stupid. I can't imagine would have been cool with it, and I don't think, Sonny has even been married to Carly to most of Joss' life and I don't think we've seen much evidence that Joss and Sonny had some close bond. I don't even think Molly calls Sonny "Uncle Sonny" all the time and he's her actual uncle.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Bishop said:

It's perfectly natural, from my experience, to continue to call someone "uncle" if you've been calling that person that way since childhood.  You don't just suddenly think "Oh, I'm an adult now or I'm older, and I can call him Sonny."  In a blended family, calling non relatives "uncle" or "aunt" or even "Grandma" is common, and it doesn't stop when you become an adult.

I think the fact that it's Sonny ups the creep factor quite a bit. Especially in light of - if the show isn't cancelled first - the inevitable Sonny/Joss sex.

Barf all you want, people. You know it's coming. This show did Soily.

• Love 3

After the explosion, someone on the accident scene (Dante?) mentioned that "DNA and remains" were found, so Morgan could be presumed dead. But today someone said that no body had been found, probably due to the explosion and fire. Will the show clear this contradiction up?

I'm surprised that the necklace Carly gave Morgan hasn't turned up.  Because discarded jewelry and a damaged phone is enough for a soap opera death certificate. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

"Dad was right about Uncle Sonny all along!" Preach it, girl!

And how the hell is it under wraps that Sonny shot Dante in the heart and killed AJ? I'm sure Joss and all the kids should know.

Yes, this part cracks me up.  I haven't watched through all of these eras, but for any of them to be shocked that Sonny planted a bomb that accidentally killed Morgan?  When Christina was all up in Michael's face, he should have said: hey sis, Dad almost killed you with a bomb, he almost killed our brother Dante shooting him in the chest, and he did in fact kill my father. And oh, he shot my mom in the head while she was delivering Morgan.  And his enemies shot me in the head.  What more do you need to know?

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Sure, but we never really saw all this bonding between Joss and Sonny. I don't think the snotty Joss girl even shared one scene with him, and she wasn't on all that much in the first place. So to hear her call him that is a bit jarring, and especially because it's just a lazy shorthand way for the writers to convey Sonny was a presence in Joss' life, much like Morgan calling Michael "Mikey" was supposed to insta convey a relationship.

9 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I'm surprised that the necklace Carly gave Morgan hasn't turned up.  Because discarded jewelry and a damaged phone is enough for a soap opera death certificate. 

It did. Dante gave it to Carly.

• Love 7

Hell no to Jax coming back to help Carly with anything. He should laugh in her face after all the shit she allowed Sonny to get away with. Especially the crimes she overlooked that Sonny committed to grant her custody of Joss.

Also fuck this show for dragging Sam out the closet to recap some shit everyone should have read out a damn newspaper by now. She learned about Morgan off screen. It would have been nice to see her and Molly talk with the rest of their family together. Even if her sisters would have talked shit about this being Julian's fault somehow. But these writers hate drama and history.

• Love 7

FF Tree, Maxie, Claud, and Claud's spawn.

Of course Sam found out about Morgan *dying* offscreen and of course we didn't get any scenes with her, Kristina, and Molly.

Nelly still bored me. 

It's time for Carly to hire a competent hitman to go after Sonny. Maybe a hitwoman would be more successful.

Is there any reason why Nina can't just get a surrogate?

Nothing good is going to come from Curtis investigating Sonny. 

I don't know why Julian is so resistant to leaving town. Does he think he can repair his relationships with Alexis/Sam/Lucas? 

• Love 4

I'm glad Joss mentioned Jax, it was Jax that wanted Morgan kept away from Sonny as a child. Jax who didn't want Morgan to end up with a bullet to the head. I wish Jax would return for the funeral and to be there for Joss and especially to see him blame Sonny. 

Carly's a hypocrite, she's defending, lied to the police, covered up and approved of Sonny's lifestyle for years. Bombs, bullets to the head, etc.. she will still end up back in Sonny's bed. Her attempting a stand of high ground is pathetic. She's just as much to blame for Morgan growing up idolizing Sonny's life as Sonny is.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 17

Today's scenes with Kristina just confirms to me even more that the new regimes don't do their homework.

Under her Guza-stint, Kristina was very much anti-mob, or at the very least, against the constant violence that Sonny was responsible for. Even when their relationship got better, she still understood when Sonny was clearly in the wrong, and would call him out on it. Like this clip here (skip to 2:54).

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Bishop said:

It's perfectly natural, from my experience, to continue to call someone "uncle" if you've been calling that person that way since childhood.  You don't just suddenly think "Oh, I'm an adult now or I'm older, and I can call him Sonny."  In a blended family, calling non relatives "uncle" or

But once your uncle becomes your step-dad wouldn't you stop? Especially when you are are a teen and realize it makes no damn sense.  I don't mind it in other situations to have honourary aunts and uncles.  And to have Kris say "my dad, your uncle Sonny" like somehow they were related was weird.  Why wouldn't Krissy say "my dad, your stepdad".

7 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Hell no to Jax coming back to help Carly with anything. He should laugh in her face after all the shit she allowed Sonny to get away with. Especially the crimes she overlooked that Sonny committed to grant her custody of Joss.

I don't want Jax back to comfort Carly.  I want Jax back to hold Carly accountable and to take Sonny down once and for all.    

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Blackie said:

But once your uncle becomes your step-dad wouldn't you stop? Especially when you are are a teen and realize it makes no damn sense.  I don't mind it in other situations to have honourary aunts and uncles.  And to have Kris say "my dad, your uncle Sonny" like somehow they were related was weird.  Why wouldn't Krissy say "my dad, your stepdad".

This all reminds me of being a little kid and thinking it was so odd that my older cousin called her father "uncle."  Once I got a little older, I knew that he was, actually, her uncle.  My aunt had married her dirt bag ex's brother (who is his complete opposite and a really great guy).  And in what I hope does not portend for the future Joss, my cousin, as an adult, calls her uncle "dad."  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I think the fact that it's Sonny ups the creep factor quite a bit. Especially in light of - if the show isn't cancelled first - the inevitable Sonny/Joss sex.

Barf all you want, people. You know it's coming. This show did Soily.

Lol.  I thought about Soily when Sonny jumped in the river to find Morgan.  I was like "So he does occasionally do things for himself."  He must really love Morgan or really not want to go back to jail.  Or maybe he cares that much about what people think.  Because he couldn't carry his own girlfriend up the stairs, nor find his own towels when he shot his son.   But he leaped in the river for Morgan. 

• Love 1

What are the odds now of Carly ending up in Jason's arms and bed? Sounds outrageous I know, and impossible since he and Sam just got re-married and are having a kid, but Carly is going to seek out a male comforter, and that will be Jason, her usual choice. Anytime she got the chance, Carly has thrown herself into Jason's arms and rubbed up against him. Unless Jax comes back to town, she is going to seek out a PC man for support. Freako, the usual male yenta for unhappy PC gals, is not in the running, of course.

49 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

What are the odds now of Carly ending up in Jason's arms and bed? Sounds outrageous I know, and impossible since he and Sam just got re-married and are having a kid, but Carly is going to seek out a male comforter, and that will be Jason, her usual choice. 

Better his than Jax's . That is why I don't love the idea of Jax returning. Carly will want to lean on him, tell him Joss was right that he was right about Sonny all along (which she already knew when she was married to Jax and cheated on him with Sonny, while Michael was in a coma). And she had it re-confirmed when Sonny tried to kill Jax because Carly went crying to him during one of her typical overreactions (that time concerning Joss and Carly's judgement as a parent). I could see her wanting to sex up Jax as temporary pain killer; he is too smart for her and way too good for her. I think it's sufficient if Josslyn, Alexis and even Michael have lines about a "long talk with Dad/Jax on the phone" and references to plans to visit him in Australia, to help cope with the pain/stress. 

I just assume if Jax returned, even briefly, it would be all. about. Carly, and her new young bestie who saved Joss and is being so great to the family at this hard time. Blech.  Maybe Michael and Josslyn would get to be in on a scene.  But as far as I remember, the last time Jax and Alexis had a scene together, they were talking about her dating Shawn and him saving her life. That was ... how long ago? TPTB don't think their friendship (or really, anyone's) is a priority.

What's most likely at this moment is Carly crying in Jason's arms, tries to kiss him to numb her own pain, and Jason gently tells her NO. Not just because he's married and has a family with Sam (along with no feelings for Carly), but also because he knows it's not good for Carly either. He won't help her be self-destructive when her kids need her, blah blah.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

I feel safe in assuming that someone else will be found responsible for the bomb but that doesn't make Carly wrong. It's not a newsflash, though. The only difference between this and all the other mobster violence is that Morgan is dead for now. I like LW like this. She is compelling in her hypocrisy. Sadly I won't be able to stomach the ass-licking she'll do when it comes out that this particular bomb wasn't on Sonny. Spec, not spoiler. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But as far as I remember, the last time Jax and Alexis had a scene together, they were talking about her dating Shawn and him saving her life. That was ... how long ago? TPTB don't think their friendship (or really, anyone's) is a priority.

They got a brief scene during Jax's latest return.

On October 13, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Damn.  I can't even complain if things are going like this now on GH.  I'm kinda excited to watch today's episode now.  Like, legit.   Morgan is dead af (for someone on GH that isn't fat), Michael is pissed again, and there's minimal Franco.  I could probably overlook a giant magical imaginary zombie embryo creature.  Because seriously, that embryo was spawned off when ER was recast as Lulu, which was about a few years ago- not a damned decade ago.  If Charlotte is anyone's child with Lulu, I'll buy Dillion/Lulu or Johnny/Lulu, but no way in in hell is she the Stavros/Lulu child.  And besides, why would Valentin care about a girlchild?  This is GH.  No one cares about girlchild.  What show does Jelly think they're writing?  Clearly not this one.  It's the male heir that they all fight over.  Duh.

You've got me thinking.  Erica Kane's ground breaking abortion was rewritten when her son was cast thirty years later.  Please tell me they're not doing the same with Lulu.  I'm sure they won't. But who knows. 

What I'm confused about is this:  The hair from Claudette's locket is from Nathan's biological child.  If Maxie is so sure that Charlotte isn't that child, why isn't she interested in the real child's whereabouts?  I mean Maxie can be really dumb, but come on.

• Love 1

I’m a fucking bitch to say that I don’t give a shit? All these people act like this is the first time shit like this has happened. LW is a good actress, but Carly is pretty much in line with every other female on this show, with her IQ plummeting to amazing levels and considering Guza’s, Wolfe’s and RC’s writing, that is saying a lot.  I am sick of the Perils of being In Sonny’s Family, Part 1million and 1. How many fucking times do I have to watch Sonny’s NEVER CHANGING predicament? And that is the thing, and a huge thing. With the Qs, Spencers, Scropios, Hardy/Webbers and even the Baldwins somewhat on Port Charles, it felt like the families changed and evolved. The audience watched someone like Alan Q go from a hot headed, violent young(ish) doctor to a somewhat more measured patriarch, though he still retained some of his hot headness. Even Luke for a few years attempted to go on the straight and narrow for a while when Lucky was growing up. He completely regressed, to Lulu’s detriment, but it did happen for a time. Sonny is still the same reckless, manipulative, socipathtic man he always was and has done precious little to curb his worst impulses, despite his several kids and now a grandson.  It would be nice if the show would seriously acknowledge this and wouldn’t play it off as something charming. The only person that gets to do this without worry about Michael and Jason’s feelings is Tracy, but reliably, Monica gets to shush her because she has absolutely no pull with her biological and adopted offsprings, so she is constantly worried about offending either one of them. On the bright side, as much as I hate when “legacies” get killed off, and I might of been on the few that preferred bruh!Morgan to Michael, it is nice that for once, it is Sonny &Carly’’s family that took a hit, from both of their stupid, selfish choices, instead of the Baldwins (Franco is not Scotty's son! he is not!),Qs or Jones suffering the effects of SaSon’s “bidness” or at least not being at all responsible for the deaths of their relatives.  Of course that might be that there are no more Qs, old or young, left to be killed off, really. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Of course that might be that there are no more Qs, old or young, left to be killed off, really. 

There's Tracy, Ned, Dillon, Monica and if one counts him (and I would, Michael). Brook Lynn and Maya are out there as well. That's more Spencers (if you don't count Carly and her kids) there are on the show, or Scorpios. 

1 minute ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I’m a fucking bitch to say that I don’t give a shit? All these people act like this is the first time shit like this has happened. LW is a good actress, but Carly is pretty much in line with every other female on this show, with her IQ plummeting to amazing levels and considering Guza’s, Wolfe’s and RC’s writing, that is saying a lot.  I am sick of the Perils of being In Sonny’s Family, Part 1million and 1. How many fucking times do I have to watch Sonny’s NEVER CHANGING predicament? And that is the thing, and a huge thing. With the Qs, Spencers, Scropios, Hardy/Webbers and even the Baldwins somewhat on Port Charles, it felt like the families changed and evolved. The audience watched someone like Alan Q go from a hot headed, violent young(ish) doctor to a somewhat more measured patriarch, though he still retained some of his hot headness. Even Luke for a few years attempted to go on the straight and narrow for a while when Lucky was growing up. He completely regressed, to Lulu’s detriment, but it did happen for a time. Sonny is still the same reckless, manipulative, socipathtic man he always was and has done precious little to curb his worst impulses, despite his several kids and now a grandson.  It would be nice if the show would seriously acknowledge this and wouldn’t play it off as something charming. The only person that gets to do this without worry about Michael and Jason’s feelings is Tracy, but reliably, Monica gets to shush her because she has absolutely no pull with her biological and adopted offsprings, so she is constantly worried about offending either one of them. On the bright side, as much as I hate when “legacies” get killed off, and I might of been on the few that preferred bruh!Morgan to Michael, it is nice that for once, it is Sonny &Carly’’s family that took a hit, from both of their stupid, selfish choices, instead of the Baldwins (Franco is not Scotty's son! he is not!),Qs or Jones suffering the effects of SaSon’s “bidness” or at least not being at all responsible for the deaths of their relatives.  Of course that might be that there are no more Qs, old or young, left to be killed off, really. 

I agree.  I do wonder how long it'll take before Morgan Brah is recast and reset to Morgan Man or Morgan Action Hero or something like that.   When a young male actor leaves Y&R/Days/B&B or wants to slum it at GH?  

3 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

He completely regressed, to Lulu’s detriment, but it did happen for a time. Sonny is still the same reckless, manipulative, socipathtic man he always was and has done precious little to curb his worst impulses, despite his several kids and now a grandson.  

When I first read this I asked myself who the hell Sonny's grandson was. LOL, poor Rocco, out of sight out of mind!

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

There's Tracy, Ned, Dillon, Monica and if one counts him (and I would, Michael). Brook Lynn and Maya are out there as well. That's more Spencers (if you don't count Carly and her kids) there are on the show, or Scorpios. 

I am aware of them, but the show hasn't invested much into Brook Lynn and Maya. 4 Qs on screen (not very many  and I am not including Michael and Jason, who are more Cornithos than Q) two of who are recurring at the moment. Not only that, Guza's obsession with Jason, Sonny and the mob has prevented many other characters from having more than one child. Fucking Carly has the only children of both AJ and Jax. Sonny still has 4 biological offspring. Felicia Jones had two kids, but the show killed off one of them. The show killed off Emily, Justus, and Alan in order to make Jason sad. And barring any fanwanking, Scotty has had two adult children brutally killed, one on this show, one of Port Charles. Considering off screen General Hospital is more entertaining than on screen General Hospital, Scott might have put Karen's killer behind bars, in an aside on this show. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I’m a fucking bitch to say that I don’t give a shit? 

I think Dante and Michael should get some audience sympathy (3rd death of someone close to him in 2 years-ish), and Josslyn as well. Dante had a lovely bond with child Morgan; he even saved the kid at a carnival. Josslyn's lines on Friday made it clear neither Jax nor Carly ever spelled out what Sonny does and exactly how her mother, eldest brother and current step-siblings got hurt as a result. Other than that, yeah, not giving a shit is an appropriate response.  ;)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

You've got me thinking.  Erica Kane's ground breaking abortion was rewritten when her son was cast thirty years later.  Please tell me they're not doing the same with Lulu.  I'm sure they won't. But who knows. 

What I'm confused about is this:  The hair from Claudette's locket is from Nathan's biological child.  If Maxie is so sure that Charlotte isn't that child, why isn't she interested in the real child's whereabouts?  I mean Maxie can be really dumb, but come on.

What?? I had no idea.  I watched back then live when I'd go home for lunch from school.  If I remember correctly, Erica was in major denial about her child dying in her womb and she just kept it in there.  It must have been Jeff's kid? Tom's? Can't remember.  So they pull out another mystery kid.  Like Ethan? Like when Luke and Holly, oh never mind. 

10 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Dumbest thing ever written and I just hate whomever for letting that shit get onto the airwaves.  Only a long time fan was really going to care that Heather and Scotty (off screen) had a surprise child and decided to make it Franco, of all assholes.  All it did was piss off the veteran fans who they don't give a shit about anyway.  Such a goddamn lousy show.

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, TessHarding2 said:

What?? I had no idea.  I watched back then live when I'd go home for lunch from school.  If I remember correctly, Erica was in major denial about her child dying in her womb and she just kept it in there.  It must have been Jeff's kid? Tom's? Can't remember.  So they pull out another mystery kid.  Like Ethan? Like when Luke and Holly, oh never mind. 

No, she still had the abortion in the re-write. They just wrote it that her doctor at the time transferred the fetus to his wife. Yeah, it happened. And it was horrible. 

topic: No, I don't think they'd do that on GH, but you never ever know lol. And sob.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

The hair from Claudette's locket is from Nathan's biological child.  If Maxie is so sure that Charlotte isn't that child, why isn't she interested in the real child's whereabouts?

That's assuming the first DNA test was accurate. That's rarely the case in Port Charles. Also, Maxie should have proof that Charlotte isn't Nathan's before looking for another child. I wouldn't be surprised if (offscreen, of course) she's already asked Spinelli to start looking. 

11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Josslyn's lines on Friday made it clear neither Jax nor Carly ever spelled out what Sonny does

I think she did know, didn't she? Not in the too distant past she boasted about Sonny being a gangster to...her friends, I think? Or she wanted Sonny to come in for show-and-tell or something? Carly told her to stop because, of course, Sonny's a good guy. It was this Joss, not an earlier one. And I can't believe Joss or any of her friends haven't googled Sonny. It's absurd to think she has no idea what he does. I can believe she doesn't know the extent of the damage he's done, though. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I think she did know, didn't she? Not in the too distant past she boasted about Sonny being a gangster to...

She told Carly on Friday she "used to think Uncle Sonny's job was cool" (reference to that scene) but she never really understood what it meant. What I got out of that was Michael and Jax tried to protect her from the truth over the years, because she was just a kid. She's spent a lot of time with her dad in Australia as she's been growing up. She may even have gone to school there for months at a time - that's never been clear.  Bottom line is, she wasn't living in " Uncle Sonny's world" as Michael did. She would see Sonny sometimes with her mom, but not a lot until after AJ died, and Carly and Sonny were 'officially' back together after Franco's wedding day stunt. All along, Carly would have tried to make her impressionable young daughter Joss believe she's a devoted mother who doesn't make poor decisions, and that Sonny would be devoted stepdad, protector, etc. With older brother Morgan (as an adult) desperate for Sonny's love and devoted to him (unless feeling betrayed by his dad), and Michael not speaking out against Sonny in front of Joss - on top of Carly and Sonny's lies to get what they want - I can believe Joss would 'feel' tension in the air sometimes, have a sense that her family worried about danger - but not why. She may even have been in a bit of kid denial, with sometimes seeing an "alleged mobster" headline and Sonny's pic and also scared when there were fights she could hear - but repressed it because of her unfortunate faith in her mother and Sonny.  She's what, 14-ish now? At that age, I didn't know (nor really care) what my 'uncle' - not blood, a close friend of my parents - did for a living.  They all talked about lots of other topics around me. I didn't know until after age 18 that he had a long background in finance. So I buy Josslyn having this reaction, since she's old enough to take in more complex information (as opposed to "there was an accident and Morgan went to Heaven, baby") and the violence has directly impacted her home life.

• Love 3

C'mon HeatLifer.  You know Carly will always carry a torch for Jason, Sam or no Sam. I don't think it should happen, don't want that to happen, but I could absolutely see her having a few drinks at the Metro Court or the Floating Rib, Jason intercedes to save her from herself, she breaks down crying in his arms and has a stupid impulse to seduce him, and he stops her.  She already told him "all I need is you" when he suggested that she and Sonny need each other to deal with the grief. If he didn't have a wife and son in his home, I absolutely think Carly would be trying to sleep next to him for comfort. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If he didn't have a wife and son in his home, I absolutely think Carly would be trying to sleep next to him for comfort. 

I'm not entirely convinced the wife and kid would be reason enough for her to not give it a try. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

C'mon HeatLifer.  You know Carly will always carry a torch for Jason, Sam or no Sam. I don't think it should happen, don't want that to happen, but I could absolutely see her having a few drinks at the Metro Court or the Floating Rib, Jason intercedes to save her from herself, she breaks down crying in his arms and has a stupid impulse to seduce him, and he stops her.  She already told him "all I need is you" when he suggested that she and Sonny need each other to deal with the grief. If he didn't have a wife and son in his home, I absolutely think Carly would be trying to sleep next to him for comfort. 

There's no reason to play it out like that anymore, though. Frank GH's is a fan of plot points. Unless this "kiss or near kiss" ends with Jarly in bed, it's not happening.

• Love 1

I think one of my favorite BM moments as Jake/Jason, was on NYE when Carly kissed him and almost IMMEDIATELY after she did, he wiped his mouth on the tie she lent him.  Full on, no discreet dab, wipe with a damn TIE.  I think I watched it about five times, such an unexpectedly hilarious moment.  Even then, even before he knew he was Jason, he knew he wanted Carly cooties off him.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm not entirely convinced the wife and kid would be reason enough for her to not give it a try. 

I mean because Sam is at home every night, sleeping in that bed. Now if she went out of town for a night or several (business or visiting people), I think Carly would give it a try (timing it by when she thinks Danny would be in bed already).

• Love 2
Spoiler
Spoiler

I call bullshit on this Joss retcon. She knew that Sonny was a criminal. Child of the Corn Joss hated Sonny almost as much as she hated Franco. And no f'n way Jax would ever NOT bash Sonny to Joss. Jax hated Sonny. He didn't want Joss or Morgan (or Michael) anywhere near Sonny. So I refuse to believe Jax would ever just change the subject. KiddieJoss despised Sonny. So I never bought this "Uncle" Sonny crap either. And what kid doesn't know how to Google? I would also love to see Joss find out that Carly killed her unborn sibling via Liz.

I would love to have Jax back. But not if they are just going to stick him back with Snarly. I never really liked Jarly. It made no sense. The terrible bitch of a driver hit Liz, killing his unborn child. Who decides to marry the hateful remorseless hell beast that kills their baby?  And sense these writers also are perfectly fine with pairing a rape survivor and a "former" serial killer who has been magically "cured" of crazy, I don't hold out much hope.

Why kill off Carlos, bring his good twin back and then promptly ship him off Puerto Rico? 

Why have Kristina be the Sonny protector? He damn near had her killed by accident too.

Sure, Carly called him on it for now but she has done that too. It never lasts. She married Jax and kept Morgan away from Sonny. But she always forgives him.

Old school Carly and Jason? I could see Carly drunkenly/angrily making a pass at Jason. Carly doesn't give a crap about Sam. But I just don't see any amount of chemistry between LW and BM. Jason hasn't care about sex with Carly since Sarah Brown left the role.

And as for Maxie, none of this Charlotte crap is any of her business. It is Nathan's deal. And she needs to let him handle it. His way. And for her to spout off about lying and crap, I almost threw my remote at my tv. Really, Maxie? And what the hell was with her lipstick? I thought it was odd.  And casting does deserve a nod for casting Charlotte. She does look like BW.

• Love 3

I do wonder where they are going with Alexis's drinking. Wherever it is could they please speed that shit up. I can't take her and Sam having the same conversation about it. They could try to change it up a bit. Like have Sam mention the last time someone numbed their pain with alcohol was her mother in law Monica. She ended up hitting her with a car causing Sam to need rehab and lose her job. Alexis should know cause she was in court when Monica was on trial.

5 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

I do wonder where they are going with Alexis's drinking. Wherever it is could they please speed that shit up.

Probably so Julian can rescue her in some capacity. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

There's no reason to play it out like that anymore, though. Frank GH's is a fan of plot points. Unless this "kiss or near kiss" ends with Jarly in bed, it's not happening.

Manufactured drama with Jason, Sam and Carly (like the Dante, Lulu, Dillon, and Val nonsense) to liven up the current JaSam dullness. Jason spends a lot of time with Carly, since she's a mess over Morgan's death. Sam is understanding and generous about sharing Jason, since her character is so vanilla at the moment.  One night, Sam spends the night at her mom's house because she's worried about Alexis having depression and anxiety and getting drunk. Carly finds out that Sam will be out of the home for a night. She goes to see Jason, he tells her sure, we have the guest room and couch after all. During the night, she can't sleep and either asks Jason to let her sleep beside him and he says okay, or she gets into bed with him for comfort and he never wakes up and sees her there. She leaves S&J's bedroom early in the morning, but doesn't see that Danny sees her emerge.

Within a day or two, Sam and Danny are talking and Carly is mentioned. "Daddy really loves Aunt Carly" (He reiterates what he was told, that Mommy and Daddy share a bedroom and bed because they really really love each other). "What makes you say that, Danny?" Danny explains innocently what he saw. Sam goes to confront Carly; Carly has been going on to Jason about awful life is now and how he makes it bearable for her, blah blah. She surprises Jason with a kiss. Sam walks in just in time to see the kiss, but not to see how it happened/that Carly initiated. Cue Sam's rage that maybe Jason is cheating on her.  Makes more sense than Dante immediately believing that Lulu is cheating on him with Dillon because he saw their clothes on a bed in a hotel room.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Manufactured drama with Jason, Sam and Carly (like the Dante, Lulu, Dillon, and Val nonsense) to liven up the current JaSam dullness. Jason spends a lot of time with Carly, since she's a mess over Morgan's death. Sam is understanding and generous about sharing Jason, since her character is so vanilla at the moment.  One night, Sam spends the night at her mom's house because she's worried about Alexis having depression and anxiety and getting drunk. Carly finds out that Sam will be out of the home for a night. She goes to see Jason, he tells her sure, we have the guest room and couch after all. During the night, she can't sleep and either asks Jason to let her sleep beside him and he says okay, or she gets into bed with him for comfort and he never wakes up and sees her there. She leaves S&J's bedroom early in the morning, but doesn't see that Danny sees her emerge.

Within a day or two, Sam and Danny are talking and Carly is mentioned. "Daddy really loves Aunt Carly" (He reiterates what he was told, that Mommy and Daddy share a bedroom and bed because they really really love each other). "What makes you say that, Danny?" Danny explains innocently what he saw. Sam goes to confront Carly; Carly has been going on to Jason about awful life is now and how he makes it bearable for her, blah blah. She surprises Jason with a kiss. Sam walks in just in time to see the kiss, but not to see how it happened/that Carly initiated. Cue Sam's rage that maybe Jason is cheating on her.  Makes more sense than Dante immediately believing that Lulu is cheating on him with Dillon because he saw their clothes on a bed in a hotel room.

Carly kissed Jason in 2011 when Brenda was staying at the PH.

JaSam already had a story when the show REFUSED to write them as dealing with the fact that they had NO romantic interest in each other from the start.  Your so called soul mate dies and he is immediately drawn toward your rival and would be with your rival if the show had the balls not to prop up your ass.  Jason should be asking why he was immediately drawn toward Elizabeth and not his wife.  Jason should have ALL of his memories and struggles with the life that he led, taking Sam back after her heinous acts toward Jake, knows exactly why Elizabeth lied in the first place, but still seeks her out to discuss their almost two decades relationship, kick CarSon out of life, makes restitution to the people that he hurt in the past, rebuild a future with the Quartermaine's and remains single until he figures out his LIFE and raises his children.  Sam finally realizes that HER Jason died in 2012 and the man that she now knows is a different person that had NO interest in her until she fell on her head.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ulkis said:
9 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

I do wonder where they are going with Alexis's drinking. Wherever it is could they please speed that shit up.

Probably so Julian can rescue her in some capacity. 

Ugh. I hate that this is probably what's going to happen.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Cue Sam's rage that maybe Jason is cheating on her.

I have a really hard time thinking Sam would believe Jason is cheating on her, especially with Carly, unless she caught him in flagrante delicto. It's just not in their dynamic at this point. And I find BM's Jason so bland it's hard to think he has much passion for anyone, let alone his wife.

• Love 4