Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Did you hear that everyone? Sam has decreed that

-Julian has not changed

-even if he did it wouldn't matter because it didn't redeem his past sins

-for some reasons statute of limitations doesn't apply to Jason's past murders because Helena

I don't care about Julian so I don't care but it's just amusing

If they wanted someone to read Julian for being a BAD mobster, perhaps Lucas would have been a less hypocritical?  Remember Lucas, Sam's brother?  Anyone?  Bueller?

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Idiot Maxie thinks there's still something going on between Nathan and Claudette. She doesn't actually give a crap whether his heart got broken or not.

She wants to call Claudette a bitch in person for cheating on Nathan.  Which, again, they had an arranged marriage, Nathan had feelings for her, she didn't have feelings for him.  How does that make her a bitch?

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

-Julian has not changed

-for some reasons statute of limitations doesn't apply to Jason's past murders because Helena

I don't care about Julian either, but I dislike the way Sam has been written for years now. I get that she's the female lead and she's basically The Best All-Around Woman In Personality And Looks, and she's with The Best Hitman, but come ON, show. 

• Love 7

oh, a little thing that really bothered me: Jordan telling Anna that "Dante Falconeri" had been in the accident. What? Did they both just meet him yesterday? Is there another Dante at the station? Unless it was VA messing up the line but I doubt it. That is like . . . writing 101.

1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't care about Julian either, but I dislike the way Sam has been written for years now. I get that she's the female lead and she's basically The Best All-Around Woman In Personality And Looks, and she's with The Best Hitman, but come ON, show. 

I try my best to ignore it. Bleh. Like, I am so curious to know what happened with Will de Vry. Did he mention Shatner again recently? Or was FV just holding in this "Julian is bad again!" story for the right moment or did they just run out of story for Sonny?

• Love 7

So Julian is about to be killed off, right? That's what's happening here?

Too bad Carlos didn't make himself useful and kill tree dead. 

STFU Maxie. 

Carlos is dumb as hell for showing up at the docks where most PC residents hang out on a regular basis. 

STFU Anna.

Wasn't Dante originally stabbed in the chest? Now today the stab wound is in his shoulder?

Jason telling Sam that he has his memory back should have been a huge moment but instead felt anti-climatic.Whatever. At least this nightmare is finally over. . 

• Love 7
(edited)

The show's heel turn on Julian is really bizarre.  He and Alexis were at the center of the "More romance!" narrative the new writers came riding in on, but since the wedding, the writing for them is screeching tires in the other direction.

This is just gonna draaaaaag on forever because the Paul part of things still hasn't been exposed.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I try my best to ignore it. Bleh. Like, I am so curious to know what happened with Will de Vry. Did he mention Shatner again recently? Or was FV just holding in this "Julian is bad again!" story for the right moment or did they just run out of story for Sonny?

Don't you feel like everything changed too quickly for it to have been a planned storyline?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Don't you feel like everything changed too quickly for it to have been a planned storyline?

That's why I'm wondering if Will mentioned Shatner again lol. "I told you I meant it Will! I don't care if the last time you mentioned him was February 2014! I told you if you mentioned him one more time you were out."

I think it wasn't planned with SA and JP. Who knows how long Valentini has been thinking in his head, "okay, this is when I'm gonna tell them that Julian is bad again."

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Jason telling Sam that he has his memory back should have been a huge moment but instead felt anti-climatic.

I know! Especially since the hallucinations were yesterday, and there was no indication today something had clicked. Or IMO, I don't think Miller played it that way.

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Julian's been waffling in and out of the mob, so it doesn't feel like a sudden course correct. It seems like they finally decided what to do with him. 

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

That's why I'm wondering if Will mentioned Shatner again lol. "I told you I meant it Will! I don't care if the last time you mentioned him was February 2014! I told you if you mentioned him one more time you were out."

I think it wasn't planned with SA and JP. Who knows how long Valentini has been thinking in his head, "okay, this is when I'm gonna tell them that Julian is bad again."

It's just...odd. And happened on the heels of their two-part "We're Here To Stay" Supercouple interview.

• Love 5
Just now, HeatLifer said:

It's just...odd. And happened on the heels of their two-part "We're Here To Stay" Supercouple interview.

ah, but don't you remember this quote:

Grahn: And here’s my message to the Army: No matter how much pressure you get to abandon ship, don’t do it! Should, for any reason, the Ju be taken away from the Lexis, don’t leave me. I’ll go find me someone else! Sorry about that, Will. I’m loyal. [Laughs] But not that loyal.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/71495/general-hospital-nancy-lee-grahn-william-devry-twitter-fan-questions-from-julexis-army/

I think that was just NLG being NLG and not knowing anything in particular, but who knows.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

ah, but don't you remember this quote:

Grahn: And here’s my message to the Army: No matter how much pressure you get to abandon ship, don’t do it! Should, for any reason, the Ju be taken away from the Lexis, don’t leave me. I’ll go find me someone else! Sorry about that, Will. I’m loyal. [Laughs] But not that loyal.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/71495/general-hospital-nancy-lee-grahn-william-devry-twitter-fan-questions-from-julexis-army/

I think that was just NLG being NLG and not knowing anything in particular, but who knows.

Hmmm. Interesting considering what's happening now. 

14 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Jason telling Sam that he has his memory back should have been a huge moment but instead felt anti-climatic.

I've said this before and it was true again today - this writing team is horrible with the big, climactic soapy moments/reveals.

• Love 11

Jason telling Sam that he has his memory back should have been a huge moment but instead felt anti-climatic.Whatever. At least this nightmare is finally over

It really was. And they prob. arent on tomorrow. So we miss the aftermath of him telling her everything and Sam reacting to it. Just lazy writing. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

oh, a little thing that really bothered me: Jordan telling Anna that "Dante Falconeri" had been in the accident. What? Did they both just meet him yesterday? Is there another Dante at the station? Unless it was VA messing up the line but I doubt it. That is like . . . writing 101.

This always drives me crazy because they do it so often, and not just on this show. Like the way they're always saying "Julian Jerome" this or "Carlos Rivera" that and other examples. Jordan's line today stood out to me because right after calling Dante "Dante Falconeri" she referred to Nathan as "Detective West." Why not just Nathan and Dante or detectives West and Falconeri?  

Idiot Maxie thinks there's still something going on between Nathan and Claudette. She doesn't actually give a crap whether his heart got broken or not.

I do think it's kind of insane how obsessed she is with finding and confronting Claudette, but in her defense, Nathan is lying to her. As someone who has lied often and in many relationships, it makes sense that Maxie can sense that something's up and Nathan should be honest with her.

-Julian has not changed

This is the version of Sam I can't stand. I did love how the writers couldn't even be bothered to give her a good comeback when Alexis rightfully brought up that she has no room to question Julian considering how many murders Jason is committed. Instead she has some vague line about not getting into how and why Jason and Julian are different. 

While the Sonny is good mobster and everyone else is bad drives me crazy and is starting to feel like Guza era again, I'm starting to wonder if it's just something this writing regime feels that they've inherited and can't do anything about. Sonny is good (and by extension Jason and Duke) while Carlos, Julian, Ava et al. are bad. So they have characters constantly say it, but don't have them back it up. I don't know if that's worse or better than the lame justifications people used to spout about just how Sonny and Jason were any better than other mobsters.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Nathan is lying to her. As someone who has lied often and in many relationships, it makes sense that Maxie can sense that something's up and Nathan should be honest with her.

As long as Nathan isn't still married to Claudette (which I wouldn't put past these writers), what does it matter that he's lying? It was in the past. He hasn't seen or thought of her in a decade. Maxie is the one who keeps making it a thing. Gah. My new rage blackout story. Thanks, Show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

While the Sonny is good mobster and everyone else is bad drives me crazy and is starting to feel like Guza era again, I'm starting to wonder if it's just something this writing regime feels that they've inherited and can't do anything about. Sonny is good (and by extension Jason and Duke) while Carlos, Julian, Ava et al. are bad. So they have characters constantly say it, but don't have them back it up. I don't know if that's worse or better than the lame justifications people used to spout about just how Sonny and Jason were any better than other mobsters.

I think it is a problem they inherited. I think they are afraid to write Sonny out of the mob, as opposed to Guza, who just didn't want to. But Guza knew who Sonny was, he just didn't care, but at least he pointed it out. Guza played Sonny, at least from around 2006, as the idiotic but well-meaning relative you have no choice but to be around. I'll quote jsbt here again cause I can't sum it up better (except now insert passanante and Altman for Ron):

The issue, insane and schizophrenic as it is, is that Bob Guza's writing team had the balls to write Sonny as being all of those things - spiritually bereft and crippled by his choices for his ambition over his heart - in a much more in-depth way. Those were skilled writers who understood Sonny's fundamental flaw even as Guza still revered the mob. You could say they wallowed in it.

Ron's people, by comparison, are less interested in the mob, yet I think they treat Sonny and the mob very superficially, with a lack of that depth. I don't think they care much for that scene, but they're forced to write it on some level, so it largely is very safe or cartoonish pablum that satisfies a segment of the audience: Sonny the lothario! Sonny the man of action! Sonny with ladies and babies! Good ol' Sonny! I think sometimes they've been infused with passion to write for Sonny as a wrongdoer, but I don't think they've ever fully understood, or at least conveyed on the page, his true wrongness. They've come close a time or two, then defaulted back to 'he's not so bad though!' It's just tourist-y. And in a way, that's kind of worse, if that makes some sense.

Maxie is smart enough (or should be) to know that some secrets Nathan has, he's not obliged to tell. Now if she were worried something illegal happen, or something was dangerous I'd sympathize more with her. But she just wants to know the secret because she's simply nosy, imo.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As long as Nathan isn't still married to Claudette (which I wouldn't put past these writers), what does it matter that he's lying? It was in the past. He hasn't seen or thought of her in a decade. Maxie is the one who keeps making it a thing. Gah. My new rage blackout story. Thanks, Show.

If Claudette were just some past relationship, then I'd 100% agree (instead of just 50%) that Maxie probably should just let it go because it doesn't concern her. She doesn't need to know, or meet, everyone in Nathan's past. But I do think lies in relationships matter. If it's no big deal, and just in the past, why lie about it? We've seen from Nathan's talks with Obrecht that he does feel like this is something huge that could destroy his relationship with Maxie. It's probably something stupid and lame and boring, because this is Nathan we're talking about - but since this could effect his relationship, he owes it to Maxie to tell her - especially before proposing.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've said this before and it was true again today - this writing team is horrible with the big, climactic soapy moments/reveals.

I don't understand how they could fuck up that moment. "I remember." That's it!? Have him say something that only Sam would know, at LEAST. Sigh.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think they are afraid to write Sonny out of the mob

I don't know why. I really don't. Sonny is at an age where he could realistically become tired of all of it, and it could give everyone some really rich material. How does Sonny define himself if he's not a mob boss? Does he think people think less of him? What is his relationship with his family, especially Morgan, whose own identity is so caught up in being Sonny's son? Etc. It should write itself—but of course, never does, no matter who's writing.

• Love 12

I don't give a shit about any character on this show. I used to think about these fictional people more than was healthy, but now I watch out of routine. (I'm holding out hope for Laura's adventure, but those hopes are not high) 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why.

they think Sonny fans like him in the mob and they'll lose them if Sonny is no longer "dangerous".

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't understand how they could fuck up that moment. "I remember." That's it!? Have him say something that only Sam would know, at LEAST. Sigh.

Maybe they're saving that special romantic moment for Sonny and Jason.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

These writers don't know any of those things. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ron was good at them for the most part and bad at everything else. These writers are bad at all of it imo.

47 minutes ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

I don't give a shit about any character on this show. 

I don't either. I don't know how you guys here who truly love some of the characters are even still watching. I get massive rage blackouts at the characterization and I don't give one fuck about any of these people!

44 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Not sure why this show is afraid of not having the mob.They seem to know that not everyone likes it.Im sorry but it's ridclous that everyone is plotting to kill everyone.

They seem to be telling themselves that the reason why the ratings were failing is because there was less mob/Sonny as the town hero. I think it's just because it's an easy thing to fall back on and they're lazy. Also probably because FV's faves are the real reasons for the show's failure and he won't admit it to himself.

I didn't have much time to watch today so I skipped almost everything. I think all I watched were the Griffin scenes because, well, I'm still interested in where his story is going simply because I want him to be Claudette.

The Anna/Carlos fight scene seemed pretty good in ffwd. But even though I hate Anna now it still annoyed me that Carlos bested her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, to be fair, this entire fiasco only started because Nathan said "I love you Claudette" while semi-conscious in a hospital bed on medication and recovering from a gunshot!  It was all downhill from there. Maxie is like a dog with a bone on this issue now. Sam advised her to leave the Claudette issue alone or she'll likely regret it. Maxie still didn't back down. What will Maxie's dogged inquisition uncover?

Edited by Syndicate
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I wish someone would point out to her that it there was something still going on there, maybe Nathan might have sought out Claudette back when she decided she needed to be with that passive aggressive asshole Spinelli again?  

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Did WDV pull a Tribbiani in that interview and now he's being written out?  (I'm sure some of you can understand why I couldn't bring myself to wade through a two part joint interview from the two of them.) 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

I wish someone would point out to her that it there was something still going on there, maybe Nathan might have sought out Claudette back when she decided she needed to be with that passive aggressive asshole Spinelli again?  

Did WDV pull a Tribbiani in that interview and now he's being written out?  (I'm sure some of you can understand why I couldn't bring myself to wade through a two part joint interview from the two of them.) 

I'll have to check, hee.

It's a a topsy turvy world when I am cheering for Carlos to kick the shit out of Anna, and I hope he escapes.  And that I hope Julian's secrets stay secret.  So maybe we do like the mob (I truly don't, but I just cannot stand Anna and Sam, Carly, etc now).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't either. I don't know how you guys here who truly love some of the characters are even still watching.

I think for me it's just decades long investment in my faves. Plus, the actors. That....and I'm a glutton for punishment. When I am invested in a character as I am some of the Qs, I make it  a point to see it out to the (sometimes bitter) end. I want them to have happy endings, and I want to get to see those happy endings. I generally don't watch unless someone I'm invested in, is on.

Plus, I get to compare it to the GH in my head. That's always fun.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Seriously, has something happened behind the scenes regarding Julian/WdV?  It just seems like they've turned on a dime on his character.  He's now the shadiest, evilest evil to ever evil (but yet no where near as skilled a mobster as Sonny, natch, Michael).  Even his daughter seems to no longer care about him.  Is WdV on his way out?

For real. I know I haven't really been watching in a while and I never bought the Julian/Sam relationship (or cared about Julian) very much to begin with, but damn, Sam was going on yesterday shruggin' it off like 'if Sonny kills him it's whatevs, Mom will be better off.' When did all this happen? Did something set her off? And yes, I do think is all a clear setup for FV to finally rid himself of deVry.

I expected a lot more from Jason's amnesia tour then some boring monologues and poor Kimberly wearing what appeared to be the exact same baggy shift they had in her last winter. I especially hated Sonny being the last man on the line. I do love how closely both this team and the last have tied Jason to the Q's, though, down to his son regularly staying over with them and having a close relationship with Monica, and I love that Michael is still in their orbit. I hope that all continues even with Jason's memories back. It's very important for the future of these characters, what little future this show has with this creative team in place. And yeah, NuDanny #12 is adorable.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

Motorcycle meets prison van.  In real life, which do you think will have the survivor(s)?  Redshirt guy driving the van, or guy on motorcycle?  (Although it looked like the seatbelt malfunctioned, it wasn't locked.  The airbag could have been enough to kill the guy if the belt failed.)

• Love 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, jsbt said:

For real. I know I haven't really been watching in a while and I never bought the Julian/Sam relationship (or cared about Julian) very much to begin with, but damn, Sam was going on yesterday shruggin' it off like 'if Sonny kills him it's whatevs, Mom will be better off.' When did all this happen? Did something set her off?

No! Absolutely nothing. I suppose Alexis defending Carlos, but she didn't even seem that mad about it. But I think we're supposed to think Sam's concern that Alexis is unraveling is what has set her against Julian.
But I feel like if Will de Vry were out he wouldn't be acting same ol same ol on twitter, but who knows.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
(edited)

How to put this? William deVry has never struck me as being overly attuned to the tone of any situation or any issues on the wind.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

How to put this? William deVry has never struck me as being overly attuned to the tone of any situation or any issues on the wind.

This is true.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Wait. I don't watch anymore. Is that seriously what they did?

If so That's.....well that's just amazingly bad.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

His hair knows, though. That's why it's trying to escape.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Did something set her off?

A plot point. 

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

He's got a six-pack to maintain. Sheesh. What do you want?

• Love 6

That was kind of painful. From the Sam angry at Julian that came out of absolutely nowhere crap, to the loathsome SCARLY, to Anna getting beat because she's you know, a woman, it all just kind of sucked. And I didn't even mention the moronic Maxie and Claudette shit. Pretty much everyone deserved a punch in the throat. I didn't like Emme's immediate reaction to hearing Dante was in an accident, it was...not good.

I chose to focus on the Brokeback Jason/Dante scenes as they were the most entertaining.

• Love 7

I chose to focus on the Brokeback Jason/Dante scenes as they were the most entertaining.

Poor Nathan.  Does he know that Dante is stepping out on him?  Wasn't it sweet how Jason gently set Dante down on the painted yellow lines in the middle of the road?  Great spot for an accident victim, in the dark.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

-Julian has not changed

oh, also, did everyone know Carlos shot Kristina's father?!?!

Between Sam and Carly acting like the were both some sort of Innocents when it comes to turning the other cheek in regard to mob violence, I'm shocked a #justiceforduke-sized hole didn't open up in the earth and swallow them both.  And since when did Sam do a 180 on Julian? 

So now, suddenly, Julian is the Big Bad and everyone except poor, stupid Alexis knows it.  What a compelling storyline!

• Love 11

I'm glad Sam is Team Alexis and I appreciate that TFGH let her acknowledge that Alexis felt about Jason the way she feels about Julian. If I thought there was going to be substantial Coven story I'd be interested in where this is going but I'm pretty sure we're not even going to get substantial Coven scenes out of this 

• Love 5

When they got to the hospital that pen was embedded at least halfway down into Dante's chest, but all we got was that neatly patched looking bandage that didn't even have fresh blood on it? That wound should have still been dripping blood, at the very least.

30 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

Keep an eye out for my cameo tomorrow when I take one for the team and kill Carrrrlos so hard he can't be killed anymore. Sheesh, Anna. 

Well, if you're killing people..... can you take our specially crafted crayola based list from the forums and at least get to Franco and try to neuter Sonny?  A blow to Michael's head would be great too.  Just so he forgets Sabrina.   

• Love 9