Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

LOL at zombie Jake getting hit by another car. Its so ridiculous that you can only laugh at it. 

Kind of suggests that this child was never meant to be resurrected. He was always meant to meet his end on the grill of a car!

• Love 13

LOL at zombie Jake getting hit by another car. Its so ridiculous that you can only laugh at it.

Lol!!!

Hopefully with all his injuries he will be off screen for awhile cause the story and acting is atrocious.

• Love 6

The only thing that would've made the basement Bloody McWhiskers scenes worse would be if Sam was wearing her usual lowcut tank top.  Can't believe that opportunity went by the wayside--though at least then maybe her "freezing" in a basement that's connected to a house that's well-heated would at least have been a smidge more believable.

• Love 4

It was funny when Avery said "no!" to staying with Sonny all day.

Best part of any ep in quite some time tbh.

I have no words for how stupid this show has become. And now they're bringing ME back to play yet another character. How does one even respond to that?

• Love 6

"I don't know what positive side you're seeing..."

"Oh, well, I get to sleep with you again."

Best.Lines.of.The.Episode.

Spoken naturally by Anna and Robert. Robert, with his twinkling blue eyes and beautiful smile.

That's all I got.

I see that Tristan is still around so I've got a few shows to watch.  Tell me the writers are doing right by them (Robert and Anna).  I should know better than to ask that question, but...

I get that the writers want poor Victimized Liez to suffer some more but couldn't they have come up with a better way for the house to burn down? Why couldn't future arsonist Cam do it or have Liez accidentally leave the toaster on. You know, something that's actually logical instead of having Saint Sam plug in a space heater when she could have just crawled her ass up the stairs. This show is so stupid. 

• Love 10

I see that Tristan is still around so I've got a few shows to watch.  Tell me the writers are doing right by them (Robert and Anna).  I should know better than to ask that question, but...

Well, they're really not doing much, but they're not *ruining* them, so at least there's that.

• Love 4

Well, they're being shown as the awesomely super spies they are, so, to me, so far, yes.  Even if their scenes are less than two minutes each. I'll take what I can get.

• Love 4

This episode was completely ruined for me five minutes in when they did that long shot of Sam on the basement floor with a huge tank of FLAMMABLE LIQUID in the foreground.  From that moment forward, 90% of everything was "Okay, when are they going to blow it up?  When are they going to blow it up?  Dammit, BLOW IT UP!"  Not even Anna, Robert, Mac and Felicia combined could offset that (and I rather liked their overall competence and snark, God damn it).

Then again, it was ruined all over again when Monica showed up with full-on bedhead.

As for Ava putting the kibosh on her non-professional relationship with Paul...as much as I adore MW and Ava, the 10% of my brain that wasn't cheering on the propane tank in Liz's basement was lamenting the side-piece suddenly wanting respectability.

• Love 7

Well, they're really not doing much, but they're not *ruining* them, so at least there's that.

Well, they're being shown as the awesomely super spies they are, so, to me, so far, yes.  Even if their scenes are less than two minutes each. I'll take what I can get.

Same here.  My wish came true so I'll watch and behave myself.  I only expected two episodes as well.  Tristan and Finola must be happy.

her "freezing" in a basement that's connected to a house that's well-heated

I'm fine with this. My mother's basement is always a good 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house no matter the weather. It depends on the finishing, the orientation, etc. Of all the dumb things about this story, a cold basement is not one of them, IMO.

lamenting the side-piece suddenly wanting respectability.

I hate that Ava is squeamish about being in the mob. As Paul pointed out, she's the one who wanted a seat at the table. If she thought she'd be importing gummy bears, she should have thrown in with Sonny, not Paul. Gah. SO DUMB.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I hate that Ava is squeamish about being in the mob. As Paul pointed out, she's the one who wanted a seat at the table. If she thought she'd be importing gummy bears, she should have thrown in with Sonny, not Paul. Gah. SO DUMB.

This is why I've been done with Ava for quite awhile. She wants to be a big bad mobster but cries and whines in a crypt over all the bad things she's done and is shocked and appalled at the thought of smuggling guns. Trafficking guns is putting Avery in too much danger put all of the other mob stuff she does is safe? 

• Love 3

When the goddess that is Felicia graced my screen today, and then she actually had lines, I was breathless. The lady has not aged a day since the 80's when Maxie and Georgie were babies and Frisco was in and out of their lives. Felicia and Mac were a delight to see too as a couple, especially in a scene with favorites Anna and Robert. Now that's my Show.

Not a bleeping Tony Geary in sight.

• Love 6

I wonder if Parker changed the story when she reported Kristina's proposition. If she claimed the setting was the classroom as opposed to her home over scotch, for example.

I was thinking the same thing. That maybe Parker got her drunk and seduced Kristina

I wonder if Parker changed the story when she reported Kristina's proposition. If she claimed the setting was the classroom as opposed to her home over scotch, for example.

I was thinking the same thing. That maybe Parker got her drunk and seduced Kristina

The only thing that would've made the basement Bloody McWhiskers scenes worse would be if Sam was wearing her usual lowcut tank top.  Can't believe that opportunity went by the wayside--though at least then maybe her "freezing" in a basement that's connected to a house that's well-heated would at least have been a smidge more believable.

You know Guza would have never forgotten the tiny low cut tank top, along with strategic camera shots of her cleavage as the lead in and exit to each and every scene. 

• Love 4

This episode was completely ruined for me five minutes in when they did that long shot of Sam on the basement floor with a huge tank of FLAMMABLE LIQUID in the foreground.  From that moment forward, 90% of everything was "Okay, when are they going to blow it up?  When are they going to blow it up?  Dammit, BLOW IT UP!"  Not even Anna, Robert, Mac and Felicia combined could offset that (and I rather liked their overall competence and snark, God damn it).

Then again, it was ruined all over again when Monica showed up with full-on bedhead.

As for Ava putting the kibosh on her non-professional relationship with Paul...as much as I adore MW and Ava, the 10% of my brain that wasn't cheering on the propane tank in Liz's basement was lamenting the side-piece suddenly wanting respectability.

So Bill C...what are you saying?  Do you think they are going to blow up the house??  ;)  I am usually good with foreshadowing, but this one stumped me.

I'm fine with this. My mother's basement is always a good 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house no matter the weather. It depends on the finishing, the orientation, etc. Of all the dumb things about this story, a cold basement is not one of them, IMO.

I have a downstairs playroom that is set at 50 and it's FRIGGIN freezing down there.  The actual basement where my washer/dryer are is like a fridge in the winter.  So I buy it being that cold down there.

That being said....I just can't deal with how dumb this Sam shit is.  And the camera work when she looks at her phone was HILARIOUS.   Thanks for blurring in and out show, we were unsure if Sam has a head injury or not and isn't 100% coherent.

I have no words for the Monica/Liz bullshit.   I get over her kids hospital bed is not a good place for a confrontation, but come the fuck on.  Next thing we know, Sam will be Nikolas' fucking best man at his wedding since everything else is being glossed over, why not Nikolas' part in it too. 

• Love 9

A basement colder than the rest of the house, sure, but one where "freezing" was a serious possibility?

The Sam scenes were beyond pointless. I have no desire to watch her grunting and scooting around on the floor like a slug the whole show, and talking to herself.

I thought those scenes were unintentional comedy gold. KMo is just not a performer who can carry "mortal peril" scenes all by herself. James Franco in (whatever that movie was about the guy who gets his arm trapped between the boulders) she is not. 

When she kept narrating ("A space heater!" right after a close-up of it), I was thinking, "Does GH have a radio audience?" And yeah, I just couldn't get that caught up in the scenes with her blood whiskers reminding me of the drummer from KISS. 

At least Carly said Kiki and Morgan bring out the worst in each other in the midst of all that nonsense enthusiasm for Kiki/Morgan.

I was shocked they were that subtle about it, but I think we were supposed to infer, "Goldarn, she sounds like she's talking about herself and Sonny! Headstrong blond woman who does whatever she wants, bipolar asshole with bad hair, and they keep finding their way back to each other! A supercouple for the new generation!"

Maura West looked gorgeous in the green dress and matching accessories. I cannot fault Kristina Wagner for failing to use her off-time to work on her acting, but she still manages to find the most annoying and mannered delivery of even the simplest lines. Absence has not made my heart grow fonder. 

• Love 2

Jake survived. Shocker. Now can someone find my girl in the basement because looking at that terrible fake blood is killing me. This story, geez. Sam should have been able to pull herself up the stairs but that would have made too much sense.

"You and Kiki have something special." Really Carly? Who are you? I cannot believe Carly Corinthos would support this girl. Yes Morgan was the mastermind behind drugging Michael but he's your kid. Forgiving Kiki is still mind boggling all these months later to me.

Mac and Felicia, nice to see you!!! Let's hope you can stay a while.

• Love 10
I have no words for the Monica/Liz bullshit.   I get over her kids hospital bed is not a good place for a confrontation, but come the fuck on.

That was such a disappointment, and, as someone who remembers when Monica first came to GH, it was so out of character. I just keep thinking there has to be a reason to have Jake in the hospital other than keeping him from mentioning Sam being injured and in the basement. I just can't take this Jason/Liz/Sam triangle anymore. The whole thing is getting painfully ridiculous. 

Kiki and Morgan. I just can't.

• Love 10

K, I need a refresher bc clearly I took a bathroom break between "Let me tell you what happened to Jake" *commercial break* "...Helena" months ago.

Was Jake actually run down the first time? Did Helena's people bring him back to life? Because I was under the impression that it all never happened and Helena just took him and replaced him with another boy or some shit?

Pls explain like I'm Jacob Young's Lucky.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

I'm a little fuzzy on it myself, HeatLifer, but AIUI Jake was indeed hit by a car.  Helena had him snatched from the hospital and replaced with whotheheckever's soon-to-be-dead kid (which was oh so briefly mentioned in-show, IIRC, and then dropped like Sam down a staircase).

• Love 2

K, I need a refresher bc clearly I took a bathroom break between "Let me tell you what happened to Jake" *commercial break* "...Helena" months ago.

Was Jake actually run down the first time? Did Helena's people bring him back to life? Because I was under the impression that it all never happened and Helena just took him and replaced him with another boy or some shit?

Pls explain like I'm Jacob Young's Lucky.

Don't quote me, but I think what happened was that Jake was hit, Helena took him away, and it was a body of Jake's doppleganger whose kidneys were used to transplant in Joss. So yeah, second time Jake's been hit.

• Love 3

You know Guza would have never forgotten the tiny low cut tank top, along with strategic camera shots of her cleavage as the lead in and exit to each and every scene. 

You know it. Man, that guy could write.

~Brian Frons

Edited by Francie
  • Love 7

"I don't know what positive side you're seeing..."

"Oh, well, I get to sleep with you again."

Best.Lines.of.The.Episode.

Spoken naturally by Anna and Robert. Robert, with his twinkling blue eyes and beautiful smile.

That's all I got.

Dang, I'm sorry I missed that!

But I'm not sure I could've waded through the rest of this crapola to enjoy my 30 seconds of Robert / Anna cuteness.   About 90% of the characters, I don't care about or actively want to die.  

Although Zombie Jake getting hit by another car, and the Sam in the basement stuff sounds like it could be Unintentional Comedy Gold....  

Dang, I'm sorry I missed that!

But I'm not sure I could've waded through the rest of this crapola to enjoy my 30 seconds of Robert / Anna cuteness.   About 90% of the characters, I don't care about or actively want to die.  

The show opened with Robert and Anna and  had those lines, so you wouldn't have had to wade through to get to it.  It's too bad youtube has cracked down, because these days, it's very difficult to find full episodes or even clips of current episodes.

Thanks so much, ciarra! I missed those moments of Anna and Robert, too. Robert is the only man I would buy Anna being in love with. I didn't watch Duke and Anna back in the day, but I didn't buy them in recent years. It feels like the love is still between R&A, they're just not going there because Tristan isn't staying. :(

So there's a great big club I can join of people who weren't "shocked" when Sam's phone was broken and weren't at all "surprised" when the ancient space heater that they framed to look like a monster turned into one.  The stupid, it burns.  

• Love 3

Erg. it's painfully obvious that Sam fell down the stairs to keep the dynamic seesaw of Jason rescuing damsels in distress balanced appropriately between Liez and Sam. Gee if Patrick hadn't just left town, he could be taking care of Sam's concussed noodle.

DeadAgainJake isn't. Why am I watching this show?

I ask myself that every day that NotDeadJake the Mistake continues to live.

Sure show, let's have Sam crawl all over the basement except UP THE DAMN STAIRS! All so Jason can save her. Let my girl save her damn self, fuck!

• Love 5

I wonder if the nurses had to scrape bits of car paint off of him.

Well, since his dad is a Borg, maybe he did more damage to the car than vice-versa.  

I'm really kind of sad that I feel so much nothing about this kid since I really liked him, especially the little actor, back in the day.  

• Love 1

Sweet baby Jasus, Mother Nature, why did you have to let the show come in clear as a bell so I can witness Michael gushing over how nice it's been these past few months to get close to the stutterbarking asshat who murdered his father?  

This.  My 5-year old looks up from the iPad long enough to see Sonny and Michael talking and says "Why do they get along?  Didn't that guy shoot the other guy's dad?" 

• Love 12
Did Bryan Craig finally get a toupee? 

Where did Kiki go to get the sick supplies, a gas station? Why the teeny tiny bottles of ginger ale and orange juice?

I think he got hair plugs. He def has more hair than 1 yr ago.

You would think props would do more than rob the craft service table, plus I LOL at the sheer volume of stuff. Ava wouldn't use that much food in a week. Bring soup and crackers or ginger ale OR OJ not the whole kitncaboodle. I don't understand Kiki's relationship with Ava. She hates or loves her minute to minute....maybe SHE is the bipolar one.

This is why I've been done with Ava for quite awhile. She wants to be a big bad mobster but cries and whines in a crypt over all the bad things she's done and is shocked and appalled at the thought of smuggling guns. Trafficking guns is putting Avery in too much danger put all of the other mob stuff she does is safe? 

You hit the nail on the head there. This is the main reason I've NEVER liked Ava. She tries to act like the big bad mobster until she gets in a bind or caught then she tries to be the poor whittle girl who is abused and uses. blargh!

The Sam vs the basement was so cringe worthy. Why not just have her be knocked out the whole time with her phone face up broken beside her. She could wiggle her fingers a little then pan to the hot water heater leaking, next scene show her still knocked out and show hot water heater malfunction producing a spark. Voila same outcome... less stupid.

• Love 5