Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Except that when he was debating whether or not to let Jason die the object of his homicidal urges was a remorseless killer, now he's thinking about offing a messed-up, scared, kid.

A "messed-up scared kid" who DELIBERATELY ran Patrick off the road and who could have killed Emma. (And killed his plot-point spawn with Sobby, although I don't buy the rage there in the face of Patrick's prior apathy...but I DO buy his love for his daughter.)

Rafe chose to be a cokehead, he DID deliberately crash into Patrick's vehicle, and he caused harm. So if Patrick isn't all "there, there" and patting Rafe on his head, so be it.

That said, Patrick shouldn't be operating on the kid, but this is as old as Tony operating on the driver who killed Tania, only told much more idiotically, not to mention that Patrick already did this crap with Borg, too.

It's beyond tired.

• Love 8

Okay in what world is a police det the most compassionate person in the situation. Man Patrick's dark thoughts are disturbing considering Rafe is a 14 y/o CHILD.

Damn can someone do a screen shot of Julian's butt when he walked from the nurses station to the curtain. I could look at that ALL day. MEOW!

I loved Silas' opening scene with Sam. He looked totally bored with her droning on and on he didn't even bother to make eye contact and had to prop himself against the wall to stay awake. I also loved how clueless she really was about Patrick's "motivation" to save lives, Silas scoffed about the same time I did. Silas looked like he'd rather have his back waxed than be in that conversation. Also why did she discount his feelings of responsibility towards Rafe's current situation? I thought he was rightfully taking the blame, instead of discounting the blame she could have SHARED it.

Poor Alexis had mascara issues AND looked like a sheepdog. Those bangs bothered me more than the raccoon eyes.

Because it can't be said enough STFU and die Levi!  Why couldn't my det Special Kitty give you his shirt b/c if one of you must be unclothed you are nobody's choice.

My det Special Kitty needed a hug at the end his little sad kitty face was cute.

• Love 1

Wow...the Patrick vs. Patrick debate over whether to let Rafe die was some hot nonsense.  And of course Bad!Patrick's all, "Do it for Sabrina!".  Yes Patrick, kill a kid, violate your oath, and tear up your soul, but only because it's for Sabs!

That ran way too long and was way too sucky.

Nina and her paper list. 

Shawn was right.  The park is dangerous.  First Jordan gets bowled over by Shawn who gets all up in her face.  Then it's that sleazy Mickey Diamond.  Time to carry some mace.  Next Jordan will run into Sonny or Luke.  Blurgh.

Yay Julian is back.

And Delia is gone.  So glad Ava and D didn't get away with that.  And why doesn't Sonny have his place bugged if Ava is staying there?  And why hasn't he put one of those monitoring apps on Ava's phone?  He knows she's looking to get back at him.  Pretty sure though that Sonny was standing in the doorway long enough to hear Ava and Delia plot against him.  And D looked straight at him while Ava talked about "plan B".

What's the phone # to ICE?  I wanna report Levi.

• Love 1
(edited)

Previews...ugh, Felix.  Ugh, Lucas puffing out a judgmental sigh (I blame the proximity to Felix).  Ugh, Lucas apparently still living at SERIAL KILLER headquarters.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Ya'll know I worship at the alter of JT, but damn he was exceptionally good today.  I wish they'd let Patrick go really dark and do a true drug addiction and simultaneous downward spiral story.  JT would play the hell out of it 

We are halfway through another week and the bedazzled,  baby killing cokehead still lives.  To paraphrase Uncle Sonny, why won't he just DIE?!?

For that matter, why are all four Clay's alive?  I think im going to make a list with their names on it, randomly cross out some of the names and jump around like a praying mantis.

• Love 5
(edited)
So if Patrick isn't all "there, there" and patting Rafe on his head, so be it.

I know this isn't what you meant, but I just had a vision of him doing just that as Rafe's heart monitor is going nuts. 

I love how she's done absolutely nothing, but there are names scratched off. That's some prime revenge right there.

Some people probably didn't do something that terrible, so she figured just writing their names on her list was revenge enough. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 2
(edited)

I love how she's done absolutely nothing, but there are names scratched off. That's some prime revenge right there.

I remember she gave herself credit for Magda/Donna Mills' downfall which, of course, she had nothing to do with.  

But why waste time on the woman primarily responsible for your grievances when you can focus on the "trailer trash" who dated a guy who she was led to believe was NOT married twenty years later.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hey Anna, it will be a whole lot easier if you rent a billboard that says, "Julian Jerome, I know you're still in the mob. Jordan, the undercover DEA agent, told me so," on it.

Lord, she and Jordan are less stealth than my 5-year-old.

Alexis and Julian are magic. NLG and WdV are so good together. I love that in Julian's eyes, Alexis hung the moon. The angst is coming, but I do think they are it for each other, and I'm glad the actors get it.

Edited by Veronica
  • Love 3
(edited)
After years of having the show treat her like crap, I'm glad WdV is playing Julian as All About Alexis.

Me too!  It's like Christmas and Cleopatra all rolled into one :-)  Thank God for WdV and NLG.

I love them...I do.  I enjoyed today.  I'll enjoy the next time these two grace my screen.  And I'm already stockpiling the tisues and vodka in preparation of the inevitable angst headed my way.

Edited by Partygirl
  • Love 3
What's the phone # to ICE?  I wanna report Levi.

Oh, God.  I blocked out this horrible story.  Lawyer here.  In case there was any doubt (not that there should have been with these boneheads), literally nothing Levi said today about immigration, visas, ICE, deportation, or anything else has any relationship to legal reality.  I started to type out a list, but honestly it was too wrong to even bother.  Nothing he said made any sense.  NOTHING.  Up to and including the fact that citizens of Australia do not generally need visas to enter the United States.

• Love 2
(edited)
Rafe chose to be a cokehead, he DID deliberately crash into Patrick's vehicle, and he caused harm. So if Patrick isn't all "there, there" and patting Rafe on his head, so be it.

I don't know if he keeps choosing to be a cokehead. Yeah, he made the initial choice or whatever, and the character and actor is as bland as fuck, but on paper, Rafe is in need of 10 therapists and the only person he has is barely-there Silas. No wonder he turned to drugs. I don't blame Patrick for not giving a shit. But since I don't have Patrick's emotional connection I'm kinda watching the screen going, "um, wait a minute, I know Rafe is a twerp but it just comes across like a grown man bullying a kid."

That said, if I were Patrick, I would think death would be too easy. He should get Rafe sent to prison and if he can't, just mock him mercilessly about how he's a homeless boy whom no one will ever love. And steal his earrings for good measure.

Hey, Dante, when you found out Georgie wasn't yours, you weren't exactly instantly forgiving toward Maxie. So maybe show Patrick a little empathy, huh?

I really don't think Dante's anger at Maxie is really comparable to Patrick's anger at Rafe. Which is as it should be, because Rafe's crime was worse. But Dante (nor Spinelli) really had any anger in the whole Connie/Georgie situation. That would have required exploring their point of view int that story for more than a passing moment.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Oh, God.  I blocked out this horrible story.  Lawyer here.  In case there was any doubt (not that there should have been with these boneheads), literally nothing Levi said today about immigration, visas, ICE, deportation, or anything else has any relationship to legal reality.  I started to type out a list, but honestly it was too wrong to even bother.  Nothing he said made any sense.  NOTHING.  Up to and including the fact that citizens of Australia do not generally need visas to enter the United States.

What kind of Visa is Levi on?  Student?  Visitor?   If he applied for one, and let it lapse, then yea he should get deported.  Maybe he's not really an Australian citizen which is why he had to get the Visa.  Who knows.  I just want him deported off the show.

• Love 1
The angst is coming, but I do think they are it for each other, and I'm glad the actors get it.

One of the things I hate most, aside from the fact it'll probably mean Julian will be cut off for a while, is that the angst is so bloody unnecessary. It didn't need to happen this way, it didn't have to happen at all. It's useless, imo, utterly useless. I can understand giving them drama, not that they haven't had plenty already, but this? This is just shitty, pointless dribble.

There was no need for Julian to agree to frame Ric, to have to deal with notLuke, to be set up to blow his relationship with Alexis, and subsequently his new family, to pieces when all he had to do was kill the stupid fucker, like a damn mobster should and would and never would have even hesitated pulling the trigger before leaving the docks that day he just "walked away".

The stupid it just...it drains me... I need a Julian massage, but he can lose the shirt.

• Love 4

What kind of Visa is Levi on?  Student?  Visitor?   If he applied for one, and let it lapse, then yea he should get deported.  Maybe he's not really an Australian citizen which is why he had to get the Visa.  Who knows.  I just want him deported off the show.

It doesn't even matter.  I wasn't exaggerating when I said that what he said was so wrong that you'd have to practically write a manual on immigration law to correct it. 

Student visas don't need to be renewed.  He wouldn't need a visitor visa coming from Australia unless he'd had some sort of a problem before.  In the unlikely event he did have a visitor visa for whatever reason, the visa wouldn't generally expire, just the authorized stay would.  Filing an application to extend your lawful status (which he said he did) makes you non-deportable while the application is pending.  I could go on and on.  It's all wrong.  All of it.  It's so wrong there's no point in even engaging. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I ate up "dark" Patrick today. I may be irritated by or hate Patrick often, but damn it, I love JT. Parts were stupid, "Do it for Sabrina", but I still enjoyed it.

Isn't Rafe 16-17? I didn't think 14 year olds could get driving permits. Who knows in Ron's world. It would also mean he was 13 going to prom. I'm starting to hate soap ages.

Dante & Lulu were used today in place of flashbacks.

MSt was jumping around today like Nina was high off Rafe's coke. Praying mantis fits her perfectly.

I have no sympathy for Rafe. He is a drug addict & murderer. Kids as young as 11 are tried as adults for serious crimes. For me, Rafe's main crime is that his portrayer, JD is an awful actor.

I love how GH can make the minds of those of us, who work in healthcare, law enforcement or law, explode.

The fact that they are in walking distance of Grey's Anatomy (they use the same cafeteria), where consultants are on staff & easily available. And with, Ron being a graduate of law school & who actually passed the bar, you think we would receive more factual scenes.

Carly & Franco are home. Bobbie lives at Carly's too. So why would Felix be there or spend the night? Why can't I get multiple scenes of Cojones that don't involve Felix. Ron is shitting all over their chemistry for contrived shit again. Sadly, I think he believes, he's written an actual triangle. Ron is a hack.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

It doesn't even matter.  I wasn't exaggerating when I said that what he said was so wrong that you'd have to practically write a manual on immigration law to correct it. 

Student visas don't need to be renewed.  He wouldn't need a visitor visa coming from Australia unless he'd had some sort of a problem before.  In the unlikely event he did have a visitor visa for whatever reason, the visa wouldn't generally expire, just the authorized stay would.  Filing an application to extend your lawful status (which he said he did) makes you non-deportable while the application is pending.  I could go on and on.  It's all wrong.  All of it.  It's so wrong there's no point in even engaging. 

I'll take your word for it.  My only experience is the reverse - a friend who was a naturalized citizen was going to Australia as a missionary and I remember looking up the info with him.

Factual or not, I still want Levi deported.  I wonder if he's trying to use that to get Nathan in trouble for not reporting it?

I actually see more Julian/Jordan chemistry than Julian/Alexis. I know, I know. Go to the corner.

I guess I'll go to the other corner then, because my chemistry radar was all over Julian/Anna. She's got to be so sexually frustrated with having to put up with the human comasnore Duke, my new spec is that she told Alexis to break up with Julian not over any danger or mob ties, but because she wants him herself. My story and I'm sticking to it.

Dark!Patrick was pretty much the only interesting thing about today. I guess I'm a terrible person, because I realize I like all the "bad" characters. Well, just Ava and Liesl. We all know how much I despise Sonny and Fluke. But back to Evil Patrick, I thought JT was really great. And he must have been channeling Carrrrlos with that beard and I definitely heard a hint of an accent creeping in.

My only other enjoyment was Nina's "Thank you, fireworks" line which cracked me up since she was so clearly genuine about it. Not since original Eve Donovan's, "Hello pills, welcome to my world" did I enjoy a line so much.

Previews: Ugh. Kiki: I'll always have your back to Morgan. Bitch fucking stole that line from her mother.

I guess I'll go to the other corner then, because my chemistry radar was all over Julian/Anna.

I noticed it. It's not that Alexis/Julian are bad, it's just that with Anna and Jordan, the chemistry is more organic. imo, of course.

• Love 1

MSt was jumping around today like Nina was high off Rafe's coke. Praying mantis fits her perfectly.....

So why would Felix be there or spend the night? Why can't I get multiple scenes of Cojones that don't involve Felix. Ron is shitting all over their chemistry for contrived shit again. Sadly, I think he believes, he's written an actual triangle. Ron is a hack.

All of your post was great - these are my favorite parts.

MS.....what can I say that I haven't already screamed?  That high kick she did made her look like a reject from Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks.  That high kick she did made her look like a reject from Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks.  Why look, it seems that I'm REPEATING EVERYTHING TWICE just like she does!  If she's under the impression that the second time is the charm....she's wrong.  I will say that I've never seen anything since The Fly bug her eyes out more than MS does - but I admit The Fly gave a much more understated performance.

And Ron C. is a major hack. 

• Love 1

I have some sympathy for Rafe in concept given his horrible upbringing and past history and what led to this, but none of that comes from Jimmy Deshler's performance or much from the scripts. I understand what happened to him (even though they never wrote it until now) but I can hardly be angry at Patrick. The kid killed his baby. How should he feel?

• Love 3

That said, if I were Patrick, I would think death would be too easy. He should get Rafe sent to prison and if he can't, just mock him mercilessly about how he's a homeless boy whom no one will ever love. And steal his earrings for good measure.

I think it would have been a cooler moment for Patrick if, instead of the stuff we got today, he went in there and did his best to safe Rafe and, then, the first thing Rafe sees when he wakes up is Patrick, who gives him a speech about how he saved him so he could live with what he'd done, and that he saved him because he wants to sit in court and watch him tried, convicted, and sentenced for killing a baby.  (Of course, the moment would be even better if JD could bring it opposite him and show us a kid tortured with guilt over what he'd allowed himself to become and what he did, but, well...) 

What kind of Visa is Levi on?  Student?  Visitor?

I believe he's on the "I met this American chick who was out trying to 'find herself,' and she invited me back to freeload in her apartment for a while" Visa. Although, really, someone should have side-eyed that application after 10 seconds of talking to him, looking at Maxie and saying "This guy? Really? Come on! Honey, give me 30 seconds, and I'll find you someone better."  

• Love 6

I think that Levi is more than what he seems. I still think that he is working for Puke. He may be the one who had Rafe run Patrick's car off the road to silence Spenser. I also think that Levi's zen personna is a big fake.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am taking my ideas about the Rafe/Patrick accident to the Unspoiled Speculations. Let me say I am super glad that I wasn't pregnant during either one of the two car accident I went through, because seeing the condition of Pat's car, I believe that my accidents were more severe, and I had a ride drop me off at my job after the first one. The worse thing that happened looks like the car hit a pole. Everyone seemed securely strapped into their seat and the car wasn't flipped over. Sabrina was laying back in her seat, and there weren't any airbags to crush her cribs.  As delicate as a pregnant woman is, I also read that the womb is pretty secure. There are rumors that Princess Diana actually threw herself down a flight of stairs during her first pregnancy, but delivered Prince William at term. 

I think it would have been a cooler moment for Patrick if, instead of the stuff we got today, he went in there and did his best to safe Rafe and, then, the first thing Rafe sees when he wakes up is Patrick, who gives him a speech about how he saved him so he could live with what he'd done, and that he saved him because he wants to sit in court and watch him tried, convicted, and sentenced for killing a baby.  (Of course, the moment would be even better if JD could bring it opposite him and show us a kid tortured with guilt over what he'd allowed himself to become and what he did, but, well...)

If RC wanted to do a true ripped from the headlines story, (since RC isn't doing anything with any human emotion, then no) he could have Patrick eventually forgive Rafe, and not only not fight a lenient sentence(5 years maybe) but require Rafe to not only get treatment but go around to middle and high schools preaching against drug use.

If you think a 5 year sentence is insane for killing a baby, there are two cases like this; one where a wife eventually forgave the kid that kicked her husband to death and another woman that forgave the boy that killed her daughter and had similar outcomes. 

As much as we can go on about 11 years olds being tried for murder and Rafe choosing to cause an accident and take drugs, I would like someone to bring up that it is entirely possible that people targeted a lonely, potentially rich kid with extremely messed up up bring, hooked him on drugs and blackmailed him to commit the crime. If AJ's constant struggles with the bottle or Lucky's own drug story are taken into account, addiction is a bitch to kick.There have been cases where drug dealers had been tried for murder when their customers ODs, and there is a reason that you have to be 18 years or older to partake in recreational drug use (and that includes drinking) since that is the minimum age one is considered to be mature enough to make those types of decisions.

If Fluke is responsible, then Julian should held liable as well since he knew about Fluke all this time. Between Julian's boss hooking Rafe on drugs, Julian working with Fluke and framing her dad, causing him to fake his death, I can see Molly having a full on melt down and demand that Alexis not date Julian. Parents have had less reasons to prohibit their children from dating people.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3

Anna and Jordan are terrible at pretending not to talk to each other.  Every time they me, its so obvious they're talking with each other and eventually they forget they're pretending they just happen to be sitting on the same bench.

• Love 2
I love how GH can make the minds of those of us, who work in healthcare, law enforcement or law, explode.

I'm an aesthetics student and I get annoyed when I see a massage done wrong or some sort of unrealistic treatment, so I can't imagine how the rest of you feel. 

I had to tune out when I saw Jordan and Anna have their "secret" meeting on Julian's* park bench. I just couldn't do it.  

* I wonder if he has a tape outline of his "office" like Les Nessman did on WKRP? 

Actually there's an easy way to blame Sonny for Levi. Sonny giving Dante and Lulu money for all the fertility stuff (eagerness for a grandson to carry on his gummy bear Mob legacy?) is what started the Maxie pregnancy storyline. Everything that followed lead to Maxie deciding she needed to get out of PC for a while (so her portrayer could go on maternity leave). A few months later, she brings Levi back to PC w/her, as a souvenir to assault our eyeballs. See? All Sonny's fault.

I feel so much better this morning, thank you

• Love 3

I still feel sorry for a boy, having to actually witness his father killing his mother.Being set down in a town where he knows one person. Then when Sam actually wanted him she had to fight the twin brother to said father murderer, and lost. Kid is left alone daily, Rafe tried to do the right thing while trying to tell the cops the truth .he gets called a snitch and the only friend he had doesn't like him. TJ is wrong in this He called  Rafe's father a serial killer ,while having the foster father who kills for a living. He also knows what Shawn does for a living and lied to the cops. Rafe has no reason to care about himself, isn't that why people do drugs because they are unhappy with their lives. Sure he hit Patrick's car, We don't know who forced him to do it.  Patrick a grown man a surgeon who actually operated on people while doing drugs, he is the innocent one in this operating room scene I can't. Why is it when I do watch this show? this is what I get? Sorry but I DIDN'T THINK  JD did a bad job acting..This is GH anyone who can make me see his side can't be all bad. Maxie now Today that was the Maxie I have watched for years. marring another guy to save him??  She needs to be put away for her own safety  Baby Georgie needs to stay with Ellie. Spin is no better he also was dirty with the mob. I am so happy I have a FF button.

• Love 4
(edited)
I actually see more Julian/Jordan chemistry than Julian/Alexis. I know, I know. Go to the corner.

I guess I'll go to the other corner then, because my chemistry radar was all over Julian/Anna. 

I'm in both these corners. I really want Julian/Jordan just for the hotness alone. But man Julian/Anna would be hot and delicious drama. I'm mostly over Julian/Alexis. They just bore me now and they're so infantile with each other.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

MSt was jumping around today like Nina was high off Rafe's coke. Praying mantis fits her perfectly

She reminds me more of one of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.  Those flying monkeys gave me nightmares every time I watched that movie.  Nina has the same effect on me.

• Love 4

Rafe was able to locate a specific car in the dark and run it off the road.   What are the odds?  The PCPD is incapable of finding a suspect car in broad daylight, parked outside the police station.

• Love 2

I wish so hard we had a better actor playing Rafe. And, as much as I like Julian, yes he is responsible. So is Ava by proxy. And def Fluke. I understand why Sabrina isn't here, and I'm glad for it, but I'd feel more if it were her conflicted and not Dr Former Drug Addict. Dr I Stole Pills From The Hospital. Dr Worlds Bestest Brain Surgeon. If it were Emma that even had a scraped knee, I could get it. But Pat please. I'm over Patrick Drake's constant struggles and I like JT. But I wanna just say keep your pants on and take a nap, make friends, and get a life. Half your troubles will disappear.

• Love 2

So Rafe is brain dead, finally a role the kid shouldn't have much trouble playing. It'd be nice if I gave two shimmy shakes about his story ending like this, but this is really like Trey 2.0, except I might care even less about Rafe.

Is Emme pregnant in real life? She's been wearing some rather baggy outfits I've just realized, and she has been a doing a lot of sitting where her belly isn't so visible, not to mention being in the hospital bed covered up. Is this why they're pushing forward with Lulu carrying the embryo? Is it impossible for Ron to not write an actress' pregnancy into the show?

The Morgan and Kiki scenes...dear god why, just why...the idea of a Morgan/Michael/Kiki triangle is reminding me more of the Axis of Evil.

Ron, if you want to make a interesting gay lovers triangle involving Felix kills it dead immediately. At least Lucas finally admitted he still has feelings for Brad, small steps, I just have to keep reminding myself, small steps.

Must Nathan remain allergic to shirts? I get it, he has a nice body but enough is enough already, it doesn't cover up the still lackluster acting.

Where is Ned??

• Love 3

Sorry, show, I don't care about Silas.  I don't care that he's allegedly devestated about Rafe.  I don't care that he's now sworn revenge on Patrick.  Don't.  Care.

All the Lucas/Felix/Brad stuff bugged.  Lucas and Felix becoming besties completely off-screen.  Lucas being a bit of a douche ("I still have feelings for you Brad, but, I might bang Felix, ya never know.").  Felix being on-screen.

Kiki's got Morgan's back...except when she's laying on it for his brother.  Zing!

• Love 4

I'll admit, when Micheal Easton gets good writing he does good work. He was awesome today. I remembered why I cared about Rafe. I remembered I used to love Caleb and Livvie and Allison and Original Blonde Rafe. ME managed to capture guilt and love and things I forgot he could do. Even MS was good, gasping in the corner thinking "shit I wished this on a kid." And maybe plotting. And hell yes I think Patrick did it on purpose. Nothing should ever be done in Sabrina's name.

Re: Fecas: Golden Girls marathon and wine? I'd need three bottles of grey goose to get through one episode with Felix.

• Love 1

Nathan, Patrick, Lucas shirtless in separate scenes ... okay Show you get a point or three for not completely sucking today. 

Maxie must be severely depressed and all this 'enlightenment' stuff is just a cover for someone who feels completely broken ... that's the only explanation for her tunnel vision re: Levi  and getting testy w/Lulu at the suggestion she's attracted to Nathan. Maxie looks pretty in that sweater and jeans though.

I like the potential Dante-Nathan friendship. Also rather shocked that Felix is capable of non-obnoxious moments. I think that scene with Patrick is the first time in the character's existence that I haven't thought he was horrible/a caricature. But I still find Felix and Brad to be repulsive characters.

Looks like the Morgan-Kiki thing, take 2 is starting. 

Patrick and Silas at war, with Sam in the middle, could give KeMo some good material to act. Silas crying and telling Rafe that Drake will pay makes me roll my eyes though. 

I don't care that Rafe is brain dead, and even I thought Tracy's small smile at the news was gross. 

• Love 1

OK, I enjoy the male form as much as the next person, but this shirtless stuff is getting silly now.  Especially with RP.  Never thought I would complain, but it's kind of ridiculous now.   I am surprised Morgan didn't whip off his shirt in the middle of GH today since everyone else was shirtless at some point.

Oh ME, crying is NOT your strong suit.  Sam's goodbye to Rafe was decent.  Big surprise he is brain dead.  Now hmm, wonder where his heart might go?

• Love 3
Is Emme pregnant in real life? She's been wearing some rather baggy outfits I've just realized, and she has been a doing a lot of sitting where her belly isn't so visible, not to mention being in the hospital bed covered up. Is this why they're pushing forward with Lulu carrying the embryo? Is it impossible for Ron to not write an actress' pregnancy into the show?

She could be, but they've been dressing her like that since she started. I think it's just because they're using old clothes on her but she's so tiny that even other tiny actress' clothes look big on her.

Sam's goodbye to Rafe was decent.  Big surprise he is brain dead.  Now hmm, wonder where his heart might go?

Is this what the legacy of the BJ/Maxie story has filtered down to? And I thought the breakneck pace of the Joss/Jake story was bad.

I am surprised Morgan didn't whip off his shirt in the middle of GH today since everyone else was shirtless at some point.

He had to show off the shiny shirt. (But speaking of him, yay, hair restored to the way it was before he plastered it down with gel.)

Dante didn't take his shirt off either.

Soaps In Depth ABC ‏@soapsindepthabc 5m

Add Patrick to the Shirtless Thursday list! #GH

Ron Carlivati ‏@carlivatiron 4m

@soapsindepthabc I don't know how Dante dodged that bullet. He was supposed to be coming from the showers when Nathan showed up.

I suspect DZ will be punished with another sperm donation scene, heh.

Patrick's post shower hair was not flattering.

Maxie and Nathan continue to get the lamest writing possible. "What? Feelings? Moi? Nooooooooo." Lord.

• Love 1

MS is still unsexy, shirtless & wet. He is a chemistry void but damn! And of course Felix & Brad's relationship building happens off screen. I don't think MS can pull it off anyway.

Lucas being so upset on Lulu's behalf, when she's moved onto baby #2 is wearing thin.

Pretty soon, Ron will have all the guys walking around shirtless the entire show. It's getting rediculous. Just build a pool set.

Was Alice in a new hospital room?

Neither Silas or Kaka's grief over Rafe moved me. It seemed overboard considering the length & amount of time they have known him.

She could be, but they've been dressing her like that since she started. I think it's just because they're using old clothes on her but she's so tiny that even other tiny actress' clothes look big on her.

I thought she might have worn a couple of more fitted pieces a little while ago, around the Nurse's Ball perhaps, but don't make me bet on that since I can barely remember what happened on this show last week. But maybe the outfit she had on today just seemed extra billowy, she is a teeny, tiny little lady that's for sure, she makes Kelly look big. And certainly it isn't as if Ron really needs any reason to want to give Lulu another baby besides just wanting her to have a continuous case of baby rabies.

I thought she might have worn a couple of more fitted pieces a little while ago, around the Nurse's Ball perhaps, but don't make me bet on that since I can barely remember what happened on this show last week. 

Oh, she definitely has gotten a few pieces of better fitted clothes.

(edited)
Neither Silas or Kaka's grief over Rafe moved me. It seemed overboard considering the length & amount of time they have known him.

Silas's grief has a whopping helping of guilt in it, but Lauren should be more bewildered than anything else. Like, "this guy I barely got to know is now dead? Wow, life is unfair."

Edited by dubbel zout

Silas or Kaka's grief over Rafe moved me. It seemed overboard considering the length & amount of time they have known him.

Well, at least Kaka acknowledged that she didn't know him very well. What was hard for me to believe were all the wonderful things that Silas told us Rafe did for him. It sure would have been nice if some of that had happened onscreen. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'll admit, when Micheal Easton gets good writing he does good work.

So good writing might get good performance? Who would have thought! I know that Ron thinks that soaps are all about high drama camp and Guza hated soaps so much he turned GH into a depressing ode to Jason Holy Hitman, but the hallmark of good soap operas (or any other media )is good writing. It is really a shame that soap operas now have writers/show runners that believe that they are the lowest of the low. Every regime has had its turkey of story lines, but I GH now seems to mostly turkey story lines with some good moments in between. I bet all the actors on GH wishes to return to the coffee talk of Claire Labine, except for Tony Geary, but he is hardly ever on so screw him. 

Is this what the legacy of the BJ/Maxie story has filtered down to? And I thought the breakneck pace of the Joss/Jake story was bad.

Pretty much. I don't know if Claire Labine took over the writing when Dominique died, but her death, BJ's death and Stone's death followed the same pattern, but all were distinctly different that you would be hard pressed to say one was a ripe off of another. So I appreciate the writers trying to do something new for each storyline Now things are such obvious ripe offs and repeats,  such thin storytelling it really isn't worth it to pay much attention to each storyline

I wished they would free Lucy from the Scott/Kevin triangle and have her at the hospital. Not only does she have some sort of experience with BJ dying, but she actually knew Rafe and Allison and was victim of Caleb as well. 

What was hard for me to believe were all the wonderful things that Silas told us Rafe did for him. It sure would have been nice if some of that had happened onscreen.

Probably happened on twitter.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3
It sure would have been nice if some of that had happened onscreen

And take time away from watching Ryan do his millionth sit up, or Levi his hundredth yoga pose, or see Julian wandering around the park cursing at those who dare litter in his living room, or watching Sonny have a twitch off between Ava, or watching the Nina leap over tables and couches in a single bound? Where we would be without those exciting, entertaining, enthralling scenes?

• Love 9
(edited)

Mac and Felicia weren't at either subsequent custody hearing, and Mac found out from Nathan that Maxie wouldn't get to see Georgie for another six months. We rarely see Mac, Felicia, and Maxie together, and if we were supposed to think Mac and Felicia were helicopter parents, we'd at least hear that from Maxie. She rarely mentions them.

Not to mention that Felicia peaced out on Maxie for years.  She's the exact opposite of a helicopter parent. 

Mac and Felicia were not at the hearing because it was unexpectedly moved up and they were not informed. They expressed disappointment that they were not able to go. I never said that Maxie liked and encouraged the helicopter aspect--she does fight it and ignores their good advice, especially Mac's. Mac talks himself blue in the face trying to reason with Maxie; Flea is often concerned when she remembers she has a daughter. (My theory is that Felicia went on numerous 'shroom and LSD trips with Frisco in the 70's and 80's, and her mind has big patches of blank in it.) Then after they wear themselves out trying to reason with her, Maxie eagerly accepts any and all financial support from them for herself and even her strange boyfriend.

I think Mac gets so over-involved because he loves Flea and feels he must act like a substitute father for Maxie. Unfortunately, Maxie experienced so little real and present father love that she shrugs it off like beaded water when Mac tries so hard to give it to her. I see the two in a constant struggle: Mac offers father love and advice out of guilt; Maxie can't recognize or believe that a father-man would be present and committed to her (because in the past, Flea constantly railed at Frisco for deserting her and the two daughters.) I think all this dynamic underlies why Maxie makes such poor choices in men.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

And take time away from watching Ryan do his millionth sit up, or Levi his hundredth yoga pose, or see Julian wandering around the park cursing at those who dare litter in his living room, or watching Sonny have a twitch off between Ava, or watching the Nina leap over tables and couches in a single bound? Where we would be without those exciting, entertaining, enthralling scenes?

Don't forget Carly smooching and/or mothering her doofus serial killer squeeze!