Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

What does Olivia lying to Julian and Sonny have to do with Val fucking a man who happens to be married to her cousin and feeling no shame or regret? STFU. I don't even know why her dumbass thought it would be a good idea to apply for a job at a business co-owned by Lante's biggest cheerleader.

I didn't get Valerie's reasoning there at all. Olivia had a mobster's baby and didn't tell him, and then 45 years later she had a different mobster's baby and didn't tell him either; therefore, she cannot criticize Valerie because Valerie learns from her mistakes so after she slept with a married man one time, she never did it again, except for that other time she slept with a married man.

And really, the Metro Court? Jesus, Val, why not just go see if The Haunted Star is hiring.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 8

I didn't get Valerie's reasoning there at all. Olivia had a mobster's baby and didn't tell him, and then 45 years later she had a different mobster's baby and didn't tell him either; therefore, she cannot criticize Valerie because Valerie learns from her mistakes so after she slept with a married man one time, she never did it again, except for that other time she slept with a married man.

And then started secretly dating said married man. You know, because she's smart and learns from her mistakes. Or whatever.

Helena!

• Love 10

I came away with this:

If Jordan had just listened to Anna from the get go, instead of delaying and arguing with her, Anna would have gotten to Sabweena in time.

Shut up, Felix.

STFU Dante, you cheatin' lyin' DOUCHENOZZLE.

Probably my own fault, but did Valerie quit the PCPD? Why is he looking for a job in a hotel?  And add me to those that were thinking, what does Olivia raising her baby away from the mob have anything to do with her having sex with a married man, not once, but repeatedly. Is the latter considered "owning it" and "learning from" her mistakes?

Mmmokayalrightythen.

Me: and then ther-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...I'm sorry, did someone say something?

And not to be mean or anything, but is Teresa Castillo planning on having a baby every year and this fakakta show planning on writing it in every time? I mean, wasn't she pregnant last summer? And here we are a year and a half later, with another pregnancy written in.  More power to her if she wants children, but if she stays with the show and the show lasts much longer, I hope she will tell them no to writing in her pregnancy the next time it happens. If it happens.

• Love 5

And not to be mean or anything, but is Teresa Castillo planning on having a baby every year and this fakakta show planning on writing it in every time?

I would enjoy it if accidental pregnancy somehow became Sabrina's thing in much the same way that Laura killing people by hitting them in the head with a heavy object and then going crazy is her thing.

Sabrina: I don't understand why this keeps happening to me! [knocks over lamp with her pregnancy bump]

• Love 8

If jsbt were here, I'm sure he'd mention Maxie as an option for Michael.

Yes!  I might even watch the show again if they went there.  Options open.  Didn't Michael lose ELQ to Dik Nik?  He can work with Maxie to run the magazine with Crazy Lady and they can fall in love!  FF is the default for GH watching, so I don't have to watch anyone else!  Let's make it happen (never going to happen!)

• Love 1

And really, the Metro Court? Jesus, Val, why not just go see if The Haunted Star is hiring.

It would not remotely surprise me if she had the balls to go to The Haunted Star looking for a job.  "God!  I'm not working with your husband any more!  What is your problem?  My Mom died, you know!!  Geez!"  

• Love 7

I'm a day late in watching.

I know it's plot.pointism at work, but Sabrina just unloading all her personal crap on Anna is crazy. I know Anna was sitting there taking it all in because it involved Carlos, but sirens should have been going off with Sabrina TMI, TMI, TMI.  I mean to just drop these bombshells on the mother of the woman whose return from death caused her a broken heart? Ummm, ok.

But Anna did play it brilliantly.  Very "no sudden movements .... don't look excited or anxious."

• Love 1

Whatever happened to Sabrina's friendship with Tracy, that seems to have completely disintegrated and it was a relationship I actually kinda liked.  Do Tracy (and Moncia) even know about the baby not being a Q?

And yes, shut up, Felix, always.  Hopefully TeCa going off-canvas means he'll be back off-screen like his boyfriend.

• Love 2

Didn't these writers get fired from Y&R for boring their viewers into a coma? Why did we get stuck with th h them?

I'm baffled that very basic soap opera beats aren't hit on this show. Sam should have screamed at Nik and Liz by now. Screamed, cried, bawled. Liz should have lost her mind and either screamed that she doesn't give a fuck or had an emotional guilt breakdown. Dante should be having a meltdown over what he did to Lulu and his family. Lulu shouldn't even want to SEE Dante except to deal with Rocco-related shit.....

• Love 9
I'm baffled that very basic soap opera beats aren't hit on this show.

I'm baffled that a show called General Hospital has no PLOTS or actors on contract centering on the Hospital.

[Do not see the movie 'Joy' unless you want to see glimpses of Carly and Sonny on the big screen].

• Love 2

[Do not see the movie 'Joy' unless you want to see glimpses of Carly and Sonny on the big screen].

Just curious -- are LW and MB actually acting in the movie or is a character in the movie watching GH and those two are on the TV screen?

Edited by SiouxB

Just curious -- are LW and MB actually acting in the movie or is a character in the movie watching GH and those two are on the TV screen?

I don;t think it's GH specifically but a random soap opera. Donna Mills and Susan Lucci are in it too. The movie/soap takes place in the 80s.

• Love 1

So many questions about yesterday's show...

Why was Detective Plywood sent to track down Hot!Johnny months after he fled Port Charles?

Why is Valerie applying for a job at the MetroCourt? (is she not a cadet anymore? or does she have to earn back all the money she lost betting on 'college football playoffs'? 

Why is Nina asking about circulation figures the.same. day. the magazine is released? Does she not realize how circulation works? (wait, of course she doesn't, because 20 year coma)

Other than getting a semi-suspicious photo of Val taking money from Johnny, an escaped convict, what else does he need to ruin her life? (and how may I help?)

Why aren't the cops perpetually patrolling pier 52, isn't that where all the illegal shipments go in and apparently wanted fugitives escape from? Seriously, until Jordan posts a cop on that damn pier 24/7, I will be convinced she's a part of a criminal conspiracy. 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 6
Why was Detective Plywood sent to track down Hot!Johnny months after he fled Port Charles?

Because they apparently only now got a lead on his whereabouts. Also, it's the PCPD. Did you really expect them to solve a case quickly? (Or at all?)

Why is Valerie applying for a job at the MetroCourt?

She's hedging her bets. She thinks she'll get tossed from the academy for bad test scores.

Being able to answer these questions seriously means I'm watching this show way too closely. Help me!

• Love 7

I'll pay Maurice Benard a compliment, and they've been few and far between in the last, oh, 17 years. 

There was a scene this week where Sonny was dreaming he was out of the wheelchair and walking, and MB looked very nice and trim. That does not get easier as you get into your late forties and fifties, for a man or a woman. Making fun of Sonny (and sometimes of MB's acting) is a sanity-maintaining tool when watching this show, but I remember years ago, about 2002 (?), when there was an unfortunate wardrobe day and Sonny was in a track suit looking heavy, and an unflattering shot with commentary to match was going all over the soap boards. I heard a rumor that that got back to him and hurt his feelings.

So, credit where due. Looking good, Maurice. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7

Does Lulu think Dante won't find out about her Valerie revenge plot? 

What is stupid about the revenge plot is not only can Dante figure out what really happened, there by vilifying Lulu and making Valerie look more sympathetic , Lulu could lose custody of Rocco for basically hiring someone to stalk and terrorize Valerie, not to mention harboring a fugitive.

• Love 6

Too bad the Metro Court elevators were operating correctly.  I had hope that Valerie would fall down an open shaft.  She's insufferable.

I enjoyed the Anna and Jordan scenes again and was thankful for an episode without Jason, Carly and Sonny.  Nina and her stupid whispering were the only dark spot (except the generally boring writing, but that goes without saying).

I'm baffled that very basic soap opera beats aren't hit on this show. Sam should have screamed at Nik and Liz by now. Screamed, cried, bawled. Liz should have lost her mind and either screamed that she doesn't give a fuck or had an emotional guilt breakdown. Dante should be having a meltdown over what he did to Lulu and his family. Lulu shouldn't even want to SEE Dante except to deal with Rocco-related shit.....

This may be due as much to poor planning and the limitations of block taping as it is to shitty, shitty writing.  FV needs to be fired along with this headwriting team. 

• Love 3

What is stupid about the revenge plot is not only can Dante figure out what really happened, there by vilifying Lulu and making Valerie look more sympathetic , Lulu could lose custody of Rocco for basically hiring someone to stalk and terrorize Valerie, not to mention harboring a fugitive.

True, but she can just threaten to unveil the fact that he confessed lying about Sonny to her. Barring that, she can bring up Dante hanging out with Sonny and Michael the convicted murderers and Morgan who was charged with drugging his brother and thus endangering a baby.

• Love 1

I remember years ago, about 2002 (?), when there was an unfortunate wardrobe day and Sonny was in a track suit looking heavy, and an unflattering shot with commentary to match was going all over the soap boards.

and that my friends, was the birth of the moobs. 

• Love 1

I think this show has finally broken me. I haven't been in this thread or seen the show in over a week. I'm at Scrubs wedding, I think, or right before it. I just have barely any interest or desire to continue watching. Because while I could always tell myself, "well, give it one more chance, it could get better", I have reached the point where I don't believe that anymore. The show is going to focus on Everybody Loves Sonny and have everyone in town praising him while ignoring his crimes. The Jason quagmire has reached epic levels of suck. Talk about mismanaging a triangle. And why the hell is it still dragging on (and on and on and on and on...)? And finally, if they aren't going to write well for my faves with talent, then I don't need to be a part of it.

I will probably cave and go back to watching at some point, maybe even this weekend. But it feels more like a chore than anything. I know there's nothing in the past week that I will like.

• Love 5

I don't get why Alexis is so rah-rah about Julian's plans for Crimson. 

Robert Fucking! Scorpio. Welcome back, you eternal silver fox.

"I love cooking with fresh ingredients." Oh, FFS. Couldn't she have just stopped after the first three words?

More extreme passive-aggression from Olivia. STAHP.

Mac's love for his girls is swoon worthy.

I know. I love that he has no problems with considering himself their dad. He is.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Mac and Robert sharing scenes make my insides melt.  Both are looking so freakin good and yummy!

Anna and Robert:  there's was more chemistry in that 1 minute scene than there is in a cajillion scenes of other couples.  

what exactly was Johnny going for at the end with that dog howl?  Reminded me of when Johnny first showed up in town and was all weird.  And that's not a good thing.  

Is it just me or does Olivia look like she's about to start boiling Alexis' bunnies?  

And no writers, no matter how much you want to tell me that Lulu is to blame for Dante screwing her cousin in her marital bed, I refuse to believe it.  Stop with that crap.  

• Love 11

It was wonderful to see Mac and Robert today!  Seriously, I haven't enjoyed an episode of GH this much in a long time.  It wasn't perfect by any means, but at least there were characters onscreen that I care about.  Why TIIC don't give TR a contract and give some of the many, many hours devoted to the Corinthii clan to Robert, Anna, Mac, Felicia and Laura instead is one of the mysteries of the universe.

I will never feel bad for Valerie and wish she'd just go away.

Also, why can't they wipe away Johnny's crimes like they did Sonny's, Julian's and Ava's?  Is it because BB doesn't want to be on contract and writing him on the run is the laziest way to have him come and go?

• Love 10

Also, why can't they wipe away Johnny's crimes like they did Sonny's, Julian's and Ava's?  Is it because BB doesn't want to be on contract and writing him on the run is the laziest way to have him come and go?

I think so.

Olivia: You had problems before Valerie. First Johnny came to town and Dante got jealous, and then you lied and it all spiraled out of control.

First, those events were 6 months apart and had no direct correlation on each other, except that both included Dante being a jealous cretin for no good reason because Lulu showed no interest in either, which Olivia failed to mention.

I wish one of the mistakes Lulu and Dante (that are totally equal, y'all) had both made was that Lulu slept with Johnny.

I was annoyed at Olivia, but I didn't think she was that bad - at least with Olivia - and LLC and ER still have a nice chemistry and Lulu/Olivia still have a nice relationship.

At least Soap Opera Digest mentioned the bizarre underpinnings that Lulu is somehow to blame.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Someone explain to me why Julian needs Crimson to fail in order to get a tx write off. Why can't he just sell it to Nina and cut his losses? 

Johnny needs to save the governor's daughter so he can get a pardon and won't have to worry about the talking tree and that donkey Dante coming for him.

I don't care about Val. I hope she ends up in prison or leaves town in shame or gets kidnapped or abducted by aliens or dies. 

• Love 6

Lord...I'm sorry, but I hate Lulu. Still and always. I was reminded today how she got the nickname Shrewlu, years ago, with a different actress. She's one of those women who will turn on a dime and spit venom at you if you're anything other than completely in line with what she wants to hear, and start hysterically exaggerating, "Oh, so it's all my fault?" Blah blah blah. Her idea of "support" is nonstop, unmitigated ass-kissing, and Olivia fell down on the job today. 

I have no complaints about the actress, though. I like her as much as I liked JMB. It's rare that recasts are consistent like that. She has great chemistry with Brandon Barash. I haven't seen enough non-hostile scenes with Dante/DZ since I've been watching again to comment on that. 

Oh my Heart! Robert!Fucking!Scorpio AND Mac in scenes together that lasted more than one minute!

Ditto what dubbel said. Man, Tristan Rogers is one of the SEXIEST men of Daytime, in like EVER. Those eyes! That smile!

And yup, thinking oodles of chemistry between Anna and Robert in that 30 second scene, which just made me curl into meself and grin like the groupie teen I am used to be!

And look! a *wink*wink* to how in real life Becky Herbst and Michael Saucedo are marrit in real life: When Felix called Juan, his *wife* Becky told him they hadn't seen or heard from Sabweena.

I was just lapping up the scenes with Mac and Robert, and keeping it on my dvr, so that I can watch them again and again.

'Twas clear to me that Anna and Robert still love each other, based on that smile and Robert's "I'm all yours" to Anna.

Duke, who?

• Love 7

Look, I realize I am in no way objective, but I still feel entitled to this rant.

I accidently caught 30 seconds of a Julexis clip. Here's the thing about taxes and the IRS.

It is all year-based.  An f-ing loss in a subsequent year is not going to wipe out taxes already owed for a prior year. And the IRS isn't going to red flag someone who is showing a profit in a subsequent year. Not because they wouldn't like to know that. Now because they wouldn't use that to swoop in. But because the screws will have already been turned. Hard. That house he bought for Alexis. THEIRS. His business already? THEIRS.  His bank accounts. THEIRS.

Don't f with the IRS. 

Such a stupid ass storyline. But it's a stupid ass couple. So what do you expect.

And I'm not tainting my love for the Scorpios by putting them in the same post as my Julian and Alexis rant.

• Love 6

I wish Lulu would have reminded Olivia that Dante continued to sleep with and date Valerie.

Did Johnny not look at the text from Lulu to put the kibosh on the Valerie plan?  (I was just listening at that time, not looking at the screen)

• Love 1

Lord...I'm sorry, but I hate Lulu. Still and always. I was reminded today how she got the nickname Shrewlu, years ago, with a different actress. She's one of those women who will turn on a dime and spit venom at you if you're anything other than completely in line with what she wants to hear, and start hysterically exaggerating, "Oh, so it's all my fault?" Blah blah blah. Her idea of "support" is nonstop, unmitigated ass-kissing, and Olivia fell down on the job today. 

imo, not really. Maxie disagrees with her and she doesn't turn against her. Laura disagrees with her. Tracy disagrees with her, Lulu doesn't turn on them. Olivia's sentence started with, "well hey, I ran into Valerie, and I've been thinking, maybe not everything is her fault . . . " I don't blame Lulu's hackles for going up. Not only that, Lulu calmed down. It's not like she refused to listen to Olivia and threw her out of the apartment.

I think Lulu is actually one of the more female-friendly women on the show, at least now. She has, or had, strong relationships (or at least she had, she hasn't seen much of Tracy lately) with Maxie, Laura, Carly, Tracy, and Olivia. She went out of her way to apologize to Liz to for her attitude after the Nikolas/Liz affair came out. She hasn't had any great rivals, except for now maybe Valerie, and I have a feeling they will be friends eventually.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

And I can't believe I forgot to mention this, because I smiled when Mac said it--told Robert that Laura was also back in town--part of the people he cares about who are not Robin and Emma, that are still in "Port Chuck."

I am afraid to hope that that line means that maaaaaybeeeee Laura and Robert will have a scene. Even if it's only to say hello and hug. That would satisfy me.

• Love 5

Damn this episode was boring and horrible. 

WTF at Johnny's howl. I loled. BB should be embarrassed. And I'm sure he is, which is why he doesn't want to stay on this show.

I fucking can't at this story presenting Lulu as the villain and propping fucking Valerie in the process. No. Just no. I'm not gonna buy this shit, writers. 

Dante is horrible. I literally can't stand him at all anymore. However, he looked really good today.

The Mac/Robert and Mac/Anna scenes were the only ones worth watching. And they actually were quite good. Of course that has everything to do with the actors and nothing to do with the writing.

ETA:

And I can't believe I forgot to mention this, because I smiled when Mac said it--told Robert that Laura was also back in town--part of the people he cares about who are not Robin and Emma, that are still in "Port Chuck."

This made me ship Laura/Robert lol!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
(edited)

The Mac/Robert and Mac/Anna Robert/Anna scenes were the only ones worth watching. And they actually were quite good. Of course that has everything to do with the actors and nothing to do with the writing.

This made me ship Laura/Robert lol!

AHEM! There were no Mac/Anna scenes. It was ROBERT and Anna! I fixed it fer yous.

ETA: Because spelling and grammar is IMPORTANT!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I don't think Johnny saw the text.

Mac and Robert were easily the best part of the episode. And both of them could get it.

Olivia is just annoying. And whyTF would she think Julian and Alexis want Julian's baby mama throwing their engagement party? They have several children between them who could do the job. Not that Alexis wants a party anyway.

• Love 4

Dante is horrible. I literally can't stand him at all anymore. However, he looked really good today.

lol. It's like every January Dante goes through his "old dockworker" phase where he looks kinda good. His hair needs to be cut though.

I feel like they have Dante suspicious of Dillon for no reason so he can be like "you were with Johnny! IT'S EVEN WORSE THAN I THOUGHT, YOU HARLOT." I'm torn between hating him and being indignant at this hatchet job.

• Love 4

He's killing me, honestly!

Mark me, you all are going to regret your hate next year, when it's revealed that Dante is suffering from the same "darkism" that afflicted Luke and had Lucky running scared.

That's my story anyway. This is all "Dark Dante."  Or Fante.

• Love 5