Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm pretty sure Dillon is the one who set it up considering how pissed he looked when he saw Val and Dante hugging.  

I also thought it was weird that it started right away with that scene.  Why not show some real shots of the movie then something happens and the wrong footage starts to play.  Otherwise it looks like whoever did it, did it on purpose and that won't look good on Dillon once the smoke clears.  

Yeah, Dillon's expression and words (at the bar, before moving toward the screen) showed he was about to run the incriminating footage. I think he had it set for the start of him talking about his feelings for Lulu to make himself look like the man/an option for Lulu once Val started with the "I acted on my feelings..." He wants Dante to be shamed in public, for Lulu to know the truth and leave that lying hypocrite Dante who doesn't deserve her. At the moment, Dillon is hating on Dante for giving him attitude about staring at Lulu's face on a screen in the dark, followed by seeing the Dante and Val exchange (which included helping her with the dress zipper). 

• Love 2

No singing shown at a party with karaoke fail, Bachelor party with 4 people fail, RA off screen reading letter with happiness anvils galore for Liz big fail, Dante/Val secret huge fail, we needed screaming and throwing of stuff, despair and more throwing of stuff and Dillon totally set that up

Only thing I thought was cool was the morphing scene of Jakeson turning into Sbu Jason.

Can only hope the actual reveal isn't lame....

• Love 4

Only thing I thought was cool was the morphing scene of Jakeson turning into Sbu Jason.

I thought it was hilarious that facial reconstruction program that Spinelli created using the bone structure of Jason automatically decided to morph to Jason with his hair longer than Jake.

Morgan had to have sex on the Haunted Star. Even though his mother owns a hotel and both his parents have huge mansions where he could take Darby to.

• Love 2

AND the big red nose on a football jersey?  Yeah, Jason Morgan would NEVER do any of that

But Jason Quartermaine would.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they make it Valerie who really set it up.  I just don't think the show is very interested in doing much with her, so why not have her go obsessive stalker for a short arc and then usher her off screen?

Because we've just been subjected to a long, dragged-out, shitty story where Liz went all obsessive stalker (and before that a story where Nina went all obsessive story and babysnatcher to boot) and another obsessive stalker story right on it's heels would signal that the writers really have well and truly run out of decent ideas?

I feel like it might just have been an accident.

I think so only because the damning footage shows that Dillon knew about the ONS and didn't tell Lulu, which I'm sure she's going to take umbridge with.  If the footage had shown, I dunno, Nathan and Valerie talking about it, then I would easily buy Dillon set it up. 

• Love 1

damning footage shows that Dillon knew about the ONS and didn't tell Lulu, which I'm sure she's going to take umbridge with

Not necessarily.  She knows he's been trying to tell her something about Dante, so she'll know that's what it was.  If Dillon had shown no indication of knowing a secret, than I could see her being pissed at him.  She'll be mad for a minute then they'll sleep together, as people do!

Nathan on the other hand, will get it because he knew and didn't tell or want to tell.  

• Love 2

It's official, I fucking hate Liz.

Even if Lucky never officially adopted Cameron, he raised Cam since he was little, he was a father in every way that counts.  They even had that nice scene after Lucky found out he was Aidan's father where they talked about how Cam wasn't his biologically, but that Lucky was honored that he got to be his daddy.  Yes, that's been diluted by Lucky's time off-canvas, but still.

That she completely denounced that bond and relationship all so she could cover up Little Psycho Jake's rant about Jake(son) being his daddy, that she was the one to suggest he adopt Cameron and Jake, disgusted me.

Lucky denounced that bond when he abandoned Cam and Aiden, and now Jake. Lucky hasn't given two shits about those kids in years. If he did, then he would actually be in their lives, but he's not.

As I said earlier, I don't care if there ever a formal adoption, we saw Lucky and Cameron's relationship play out on screen, he was a father to him in all the ways that matter and for Liz to completely shit on that to lock down Jake(son) and divert Little Jake's questions is guh-ross.

Except Lucky has no relationship with Cam now, and that's not on Liz, that's Lucky's fault. Take out the fact that Liz is lying about who Jake really is, if she gets married again, and that man wants to adopt her children, then she has every right to allow that, and she is not obligated to take Lucky's feelings into account, when he abandoned those boys.

If Lucky has a problem with it, then maybe he should actually be their father instead of just showing up through skype every once in awhile.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 4

Lucky denounced that bond when he abandoned Cam and Aiden, and now Jake. Lucky hasn't given two shits about those kids in years. If he did, then he would actually be in their lives, but he's not.

Except Lucky has no relationship with Cam now, and that's not on Liz, that's Lucky's fault. Take out the fact that Liz is lying about who Jake really is, if she gets married again, and that man wants to adopt her children, then she has every right to allow that, and she is not obligated to take Lucky's feelings into account, when he abandoned those boys.

If Lucky has a problem with it, then maybe he should actually be their father instead of just showing up through skype every once in awhile.

Your entire post is on point, Lucky CHOSE to abandon Cam and Aiden the day before Christmas in 2011.  Liz has been the only constant parents in those boys lives since they were born.  RC's recent retcon story that Lucky was skyping with Cam and Aiden was a load of BS.  If Liz wants Jake/Jason to adopt Cam that is her right since Lucky never bothered to adopt the boy.

• Love 1

She may not be obligated to take Lucky's feelings into account, but she *is* obligated to take the law into account. Lucky is the legal father of Jake and Aiden, at least. He would either need to voluntarily give up his rights, or a judge would have to terminate them. 

• Love 12

She may not be obligated to take Lucky's feelings into account, but she *is* obligated to take the law into account. Lucky is the legal father of Jake and Aiden, at least. He would either need to voluntarily give up his rights, or a judge would have to terminate them. 

She's also obligated to recognize that her dumb stupid ass is trying to marry a man who is ALREADY MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE.  

• Love 10

If that loony chick says she gonna ask Lucky to give up his rights so an amnesiac Jason can adopt his own child, he needs to immediately come collect his family and take Liez somewhere to get some damn help cuz she done truly lost her fucking mind.

I do love how KeMo smiles at BM. A little playful and knowing, if that makes sense. I think Jakeson may have had a lil deja vu when they were hugging, from that same dream snippet they keep showing of them in the penthouse where he puts his arm around her and pulls her to him. Not gonna lie, I'm very interested to see their love scenes versus his with Liez and hers with Paddy. I'm hoping for passion, not guitar playing or fuzzy pink blanket sex. The way he swung her around all over the Wyndemere parapets has me hopeful.

What can I say, it's Halloween and I'm a freak. Let your flags fly, y'all!

• Love 6

I thought it was hilarious that facial reconstruction program that Spinelli created using the bone structure of Jason automatically decided to morph to Jason with his hair longer than Jake.

The computer probably just pulled that picture out of Spinelli's spank bank.  "Oh, we don't have to work hard on this, you have 1,000 pictures of someone who matches this bone structure.  Here, I'll use your favorite.  No, wait, that's an ass shot.  Here, this one." 

• Love 9

Take out the fact that Liz is lying about who Jake really is, if she gets married again, and that man wants to adopt her children, then she has every right to allow that, and she is not obligated to take Lucky's feelings into account, when he abandoned those boys.

So because Carly is now married to Sonny and Sonny is more present in Joss' life than Jax, it'd be fine if Carly offered up Joss for adoption?

And you can't divorce the motives here.  Liz doesn't want Jake(son) to adopt Jake and Cam because Lucky's a bad dad.  It's not like she said she wants to get Lucky's paternal rights to Aiden terminated.  She's trying to appease Little Jake because he knows Jake(son)'s his real father.

Not that the writing for Lucky, with his "darkness" or whatever, hasn't been terrible.  But you know who also abandoned his son?  Jason!  When he chose the mob over his own kid for YEARS.

• Love 11

So because Carly is now married to Sonny and Sonny is more present in Joss' life than Jax, it'd be fine if Carly offered up Joss for adoption?

And you can't divorce the motives here.  Liz doesn't want Jake(son) to adopt Jake and Cam because Lucky's a bad dad.  It's not like she said she wants to get Lucky's paternal rights to Aiden terminated.  She's trying to appease Little Jake because he knows Jake(son)'s his real father.

Not that the writing for Lucky, with his "darkness" or whatever, hasn't been terrible.  But you know who also abandoned his son?  Jason!  When he chose the mob over his own kid for YEARS.

The Jax/Joss scenario isn't the same because we know that Jax and Joss still see each other. Its said onscreen that they have a relationship, and that they spend time together. 

Lucky decided 4 years ago, that he didn't want to be a father to those boys. Talking to them on skype every once in awhile doesn't make him their father. Not in the ways that count any way. 

I mean, Lucky found his "son," who he thought was dead, alive, and he couldn't even be bothered to stick around. He still chose himself over those kids. Liz has every right to cut him out completely, which she isn't doing by the way. 

I know that I'm one of the rare Liz fans here, but to absolve Lucky of what he's done to those kids, and put it on Liz, doesn't make sense to me. If Lucky wanted to be their father, he could, but he doesn't.

Also, I hate that this show doesn't treat Jason like the deadbeat that he is, but that's another topic. Liz is getting destroyed for the holy hitman and Sam, and isn't allowed to act like Jason is a horrible father. Instead she gets to be the crazy mother, who's children are probably going to be taken from her, while Saint Sam and Saint Jason get to live happily ever after. The only thing gross about this story, is what they are doing to Liz, but Jason and Sam clearly aren't strong enough to stand on their own as a couple, so they had to make Liz the crazy. evil bitch for them.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 6

I find it frustrating in the extreme that no one has recognized Jason from his other body parts.  The face may have changed, but hands, teeth, and dicks are unique to individuals.  Especially teeth and hands - as I'm sure Sam hasn't seen little Jason yet.   Maybe he has a bridge to replace all of the teeth knocked out in the accident, but hands don't change.  I'm an artist, I pay attention to stuff like that.

Oh, I forgot.  Spinelli recognized him by his ass.  Regretfully, that body part does change, as my mirror so helpfully points out.

• Love 9

But Jason Quartermaine would...

But he's not Jason Quartermaine, because he wouldn't be a trained killer, killing mass people in a swoop or ever be married to Sam. So they can't play it every way.

It does seem like he's Billy Miller as opposed to being either Jason Q or Jason Morgan.

• Love 4

Jake is one of the worst characters on GH because he doesn't connect with anyone and he is SO opposite of what Jason Morgan would ever say or do.  I don't see chemistry with Jake and Sam or Jake and Elizabeth.

Jake seems brain-damaged.  Isn't there a neurological problem where an individual cannot express emotions after stroke or head trauma? He seems either damaged or mentally retarded. I think Liez only likes him because he reminds her of the rest of her children; he makes her feel motherly. A very screwed up Oedipal situation.

Sam fancies herself to be a Goth Nancy Drew. She's scary. Always dressed in black and running around being a PI. If she doesn't have to work, why can't Sam behave like a normal member of society and get involved in hospital charity work, or PTA, or be a soccer mom?

And why is Carly so much into Jakeson as a BFF for whom she gives bachelor parties? They must have a big gap in their ages; it's like Jakeson's Mommy is giving him a bachelor party. Too strange!!! Carly's smiles and giggles were pitiful and age-inappropriate.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

I know that I'm one of the rare Liz fans here, but to absolve Lucky of what he's done to those kids, and put it on Liz, doesn't make sense to me. If Lucky wanted to be their father, he could, but he doesn't.

I'm not absolving Lucky, I noted in my post that the writing for him (especially him walking away this last time), is terrible, but Liz is offering up Cam and Little Jake for adoption to appease Little Jake and further this con, not because Lucky is a bad dad, and that is on Liz.

Also, I've liked Liz for years, it's this story that's really grinded my gears.  I don't like that she's going under here for Jason and Sam, but in the story she told, she more than deserves it.

Soaps are really terrible at writing off-screen parents in general.  How hard would it have been to drop in lines every once in a while that the kids were visiting Lucky, just like with Jax and Joss?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

The Jax/Joss scenario isn't the same because we know that Jax and Joss still see each other. Its said onscreen that they have a relationship, and that they spend time together. 

Lucky decided 4 years ago, that he didn't want to be a father to those boys. Talking to them on skype every once in awhile doesn't make him their father. Not in the ways that count any way. 

I mean, Lucky found his "son," who he thought was dead, alive, and he couldn't even be bothered to stick around. He still chose himself over those kids. Liz has every right to cut him out completely, which she isn't doing by the way. 

Also, I hate that this show doesn't treat Jason like the deadbeat that he is, but that's another topic. Liz is getting destroyed for the holy hitman and Sam, and isn't allowed to act like Jason is a horrible father. Instead she gets to be the crazy mother, who's children are probably going to be taken from her, while Saint Sam and Saint Jason get to live happily ever after. The only thing gross about this story, is what they are doing to Liz, but Jason and Sam clearly aren't strong enough to stand on their own as a couple, so they had to make Liz the crazy. evil bitch for them.

As a LizFF there was no need to trash this character in order to bring Jason 2.0 back to town.

Lucky can kick rocks, period.

• Love 2

Not necessarily.  She knows he's been trying to tell her something about Dante, so she'll know that's what it was.  If Dillon had shown no indication of knowing a secret, than I could see her being pissed at him.  She'll be mad for a minute then they'll sleep together, as people do!

Nathan on the other hand, will get it because he knew and didn't tell or want to tell.  

I don't blame Nathan.  Dante's his friend and partner, not Lulu.  And the poor guy is probably going to a hypocritical railing from Maxie about how keeping secrets is naughty and bad.

• Love 5

And the poor guy is probably going to a hypocritical railing from Maxie about how keeping secrets is naughty and bad.

Maxie is rapidly becoming the Spinelli of Port Charles. Girl has no class (echo from the chorus = "no class!"), walking around begging money from party patrons to bankroll her own career.

Dahlings, if the party on the Haunted Star had been for charity, she might have barely been excused for her crass approach to the attendees' wallets. But the money was being collected to benefit her own career ambitions and pitiful talent. No wonder we never see Mac and Felicia around! They're embarrassed by her loose cannon behavior, and don't want to advertise their relationship to the little terror.

Sad, sad little Maxie.

I don't blame Nathan.  Dante's his friend and partner, not Lulu.  And the poor guy is probably going to a hypocritical railing from Maxie about how keeping secrets is naughty and bad.

Fuck Talking Tree. He should have been chopped down a long time ago.

• Love 3

Can't wait 'til Carly finds out that the Disney Princess doesn't know if it's Michael's kid.  Carly will be outraged because Sabrina lied.  Carly has never lied; especially about baby daddies.

I think the Valerie/Dante secret reveal should have been pushed back two or three weeks.  The ONS story only began July 4th, a minute in soap writers' minds.  Two major secrets in a week is too much for a daytime drama. 

I wonder if Kiki is going to drunk-drive run over Carly and the laptop o' answers?  The stanvils were falling when Keekster grabbed the car keys.

• Love 3

I wonder if Kiki is going to drunk-drive run over Carly and the laptop o' answers?  The stanvils were falling when Keekster grabbed the car keys.

The Mooch would instantly become one of my favorite characters if she mowed down that rabid animal.

• Love 9
The only thing gross about this story, is what they are doing to Liz, but Jason and Sam clearly aren't strong enough to stand on their own as a couple, so they had to make Liz the crazy. evil bitch for them.

They have stood just fine on their own for years without Liz being involved in any way. 

I understand the frustration, this is how JaSam fans felt during the SOS and during the Jake-napping.  Sam was completely decimated to aid in Liason getting back together.   But it's a soap.  Someone has to be the good guy and someone has to be the bad guy.  In 2007 it was Sam, in 2015 it is Liz.   It's how soaps work. 

• Love 10

Eta: I feel like my post was rehashing jizam wars, so never mind!

Anyway, I feel like sam was given more pov during SOS and the kidnapping stuff than Liz is being given now. And Liz's evilness in this story is far more one sided. During Sam's turn on the dark side, Liz, Jason and lucky were all doing bad things too. Here it's just Liz and everyone else in the quad is perfect.

Edited by tallyrand
  • Love 3

Can't wait 'til Carly finds out that the Disney Princess doesn't know if it's Michael's kid.  Carly will be outraged because Sabrina lied.  Carly has never lied; especially about baby daddies.

I think the Valerie/Dante secret reveal should have been pushed back two or three weeks.  The ONS story only began July 4th, a minute in soap writers' minds.  Two major secrets in a week is too much for a daytime drama. 

I think they would have waited except they're desperate for sweeps. So they're getting everything out as much as they possible can. Plus at this point Dante has pretty much reached his limit of looking like a kicked dog and Lulu hers for acting oblivious.

Eta: I feel like my post was rehashing jizam wars, so never mind!

Anyway, I feel like sam was given more pov during SOS and the kidnapping stuff than Liz is being given now. And Liz's evilness in this story is far more one sided. During Sam's turn on the dark side, Liz, Jason and lucky were all doing bad things too. Here it's just Liz and everyone else in the quad is perfect.

IA and I'm not even an big liz fan.personally I perfer the triangles where nobody is the bad guy nd I can be torn as much as the person in the triangle.Of coursr don't know why either sam or liz would want Jason myself.

• Love 2

Audrey wasn't even writing! It was great to see RA, though.

It was like she was doing some freaky shorthand or code, Elizabeth was reading out full sentences with multi-syllabic words and Audrey looked likes she was scribbling letters.  so stupid.

Oh, also, my favorite part of this episode was Liz's cardigan.

Mine was Avery in her unicorn costume and then pulling  off the hood.

• Love 3

The Mooch would instantly become one of my favorite characters if she mowed down that rabid animal.

I think Keeks will see Morgan and Why Is Dar doing the nasty, twirls and all, then drink more and then hit Carly. I also think Ava will take the fall to win Keeks over. Nothing says Parents Love like covering up your crime.

• Love 1

Jake seems brain-damaged.  Isn't there a neurological problem where an individual cannot express emotions after stroke or head trauma?

When the character of Jason Quartermaine was in the fateful auto accident that turnd him into Jason Morgan, it was established that the accident had indeed left him brain-damaged and that the part of his brain that controlled emotion had been affected.  (Clearly they were writing down to Steve Burton's abilities).  The part of his brain that contained memories up to that point was, according to the doctors at that time, completely destroyed.  So the short answer to your question is:  Yes (at least in GH-world).

• Love 2

I'm working on how to control my gag reflex when Maxie goes off on her expected tirade against Nathan.   Maxie - the one who created and maintained the PillowBaby secret - because doing so served her selfish needs?  Maxie - who deluded her best friend for almost a year about ConGeorgie's true parentage? 

If the writers wished to create a Maxie/Nathan split, I wish they had found a less contrived way to do so. 

But, then, like all this Sextet Saga, contrived, plot-point writing has been the order of the day since April.  Why change now? (Sarcasm  font!)   Certainly, the near misses, mistaken assumptions and snippets of conversation in Friday's episode were a string of badly constructed plot points - complete with the requisite repeated dialogue with Lulu thinking her life is so perfect.  And leading to the overly-telegraphed playing of Valerie's confession - something we have known would happen since those scenes aired on October 2.

Just typing this makes me gag again.  Where is that barf bucket??

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 3
Mine was Avery in her unicorn costume and then pulling  off the hood.

I loved it when about 30 seconds later she said, "Uh-oh!" You could see MSt in the background debating whether to pick up the hood or not. I don't know how anyone can concentrate when those babies are on set.

• Love 6

If we have to accept that Franco had a brain tumor or that Anna would feel guilty for one second over killing pond scum like Carlos, or that Sonny can get a pardon from a murder he confessed to  for "saving" the life of the governors daughter even though Michael really saved her or that little Jake is a alive and that no one gives two sh%ts about the little kid who died in his place so that Joss could get a kidney or any of a thousand and one other stupid things that Ron shoved down our throats, then we HAVE to accept that Lucky has been skyping with Cam and Aiden and that he has been writing and calling and all those things other long distance parents do. We must also then assume he has been when it has been available sending money. There fore Lucky is not a dead beat dad. A fu*king moron yes, but a dead beat no.

One of the conventions of soaps is that we have to accept what the writers put in front of us as character development. So just as we had to tolerate Guza wanting us to think that Lucky had spent years in an Irish  graveyard talking to rocks, we need to accept Ron and Skpying Lucky (and Robin)

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 7

Skyping!Lucky is easier for me to believe in than deadbeat!Lucky given that we saw Lucky being a father to all of Liz's children for years

I thought they made a point of saying during Lucky's brief visit that he Skypes with the boys all the time?

• Love 2