Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think it makes it worse when they're writing it in and not hiding the fact the actress' stomach doesn't match the story (the actress is almost always further along IRL than the character.) It's one thing if the whole thing is being ignored, but knowing Sabrina is suppose to be pregnant without anyone knowing yet she is standing in front of everyone showing, I know none of them are bright crayons but still, it makes them look even dumber and it'll get worse when the "reveal" comes. It's worse to this time having it going on with everyone suspecting Valarie is pregnant who is showing no signs from what would be a July conception, other than Nathan's terrible detective work and not being able to mind his own business. .

Writing it in is one of those decisions the show needs to make pretty much as soon as they know about the pregnancy, both for the visual effect and the timing.  We had Olivia birth her baby, conceived on NYE in, what, early summer?  And both Olivia and Sabrina looked like they're rounding into the third trimester when they were first wondering "oh, could I be pregnant?"  Yes, I'm a firm believer that the viewers can be trusted to deal with things like a pregnant actress playing a non-pregnant character, but once you're actually making the character pregnant, too, the visual aspect is relevant.  

• Love 5

I appreciate the timing problems when the actress says she's pregnant—she probably waits the traditional three months—and with the taping delay, that's at least another six weeks or so until the show can catch up. Depending on when she starts to show, the timing within the show gets all wonky. Too-short or too-long pregnancies don't bother me when the actress is pregnant IRL; it's kind of a relief, actually, because an actual nine-month pregnancy on a show feels endless.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Speaking of the body, I was hoping it would be Sloane's so I could do another cartwheel.  Although, I guess it could be and Paul disfigured it and then dummied it with the ID to look like it's Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos'.

The thought of Paul disfiguring Slone's body to pass off as Carlos really just makes me love Paul even more. I don't know what that says about me.

LMAO at the Sonny/Carly wedding and everyone acting like it was some grand event. Lucas waxing poetic about their love being an example or whatever made me laugh for like 5 straight minutes.

TeCa was really good today imo. I mildly like Sabrina again. I'll like her marginally more if she refuses to tell Michael she's pregnant because he's up Sonny's ass again. Sure, it'd be rich coming from her since she set this bullshit in motion, but still. 

Valerie has been on fire lately. Can she please just decide Dante isn't worth it and move the fuck on now. She needs to continue being this snarky and awesome and being around Dante just ruins it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

It's interesting that Valerie is just now, six months after she showed up, finally getting a personality that is more than Weepy McSobberson with the dead mom. It would have been far more interesting if she'd actually had that at the time Dante slept with her.

• Love 5

LMAO at the Sonny/Carly wedding and everyone acting like it was some grand event. Lucas waxing poetic about their love being an example or whatever made me laugh for like 5 straight minutes.

Valerie has been on fire lately. Can she please just decide Dante isn't worth it and move the fuck on now. She needs to continue being this snarky and awesome and being around Dante just ruins it.

Brad should take all sorts of offense re: Lucas saying Sonny and Carly were love/relationship role models, although I guess he's still in the doghouse.

Yup, Valerie's emerged as the one in the quad-mire I want to flick the least.  And she does need a new dude, but that dude ain't Dillon, IMO.

• Love 4
TeCa was really good today imo.

I like the way they wrote Sabrina's reaction, though Lucas being so solicitous made me think he was making sure Sabrina didn't miscarry, and I had to remind myself Sabrina is only just pregnant. That aside, it was nice they didn't make her wail and sob. You know if anyone else at the wedding had gotten similar bad news, it would have been all about them.

quad-mire

Perfect.

Joss, imma let you finish that solo in a minute, but…are you playing "Here Comes the Bride" on the muthafuckin RECORDER right now?

What's wrong with the recorder? I thought she did a really good job. The recorder is a difficult instrument to play well. I could have done without the corn joke. Ron is gone. Let that go with him.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Boo on the show for making Joss of all people a Sonny fan. She should be Team Jax and hating Sonny  (as much as she hated her mom moving that serial killer into their home)

Why does the show insist on making Sonny beloved and unbeatable? No conflict equals boring. Why do the writers need that explained to them? Dante the cop extolls his virtues, Michael apologizes for being mad about Sonny killing his father for a crime his father didn't actually commit. 

• Love 13

What's wrong with the recorder? I thought she did a really good job. The recorder is a difficult instrument to play well. I could have done without the corn joke. Ron is gone. Let that go with him.

The recorder is awesome. Joss playing it at her mom's billionth wedding to Orange Glo was not. And not because she was horrible, but because it showed Frank's cheapness…or the thrown together nature of the wedding, or both.

• Love 4

Boo on the show for making Joss of all people a Sonny fan. She should be Team Jax and hating Sonny  (as much as she hated her mom moving that serial killer into their home)

Why does the show insist on making Sonny beloved and unbeatable? No conflict equals boring. Why do the writers need that explained to them? Dante the cop extolls his virtues, Michael apologizes for being mad about Sonny killing his father for a crime his father didn't actually commit. 

Even mildly disliking Sonny is seen as a major character flaw on this show.  The man literally shot Robin in her own living room and Patrick was seen as unreasonable for being pissed.  I mean, at this rate, Sonny could kill Monica and mount her head on his wall and everyone would compliment his interior design skills.

• Love 17

Boo on the show for making Joss of all people a Sonny fan. She should be Team Jax and hating Sonny (as much as she hated her mom moving that serial killer into their home)

The higher-ups idiotically think lack of Sonny (and lack of Sonny worship) is what led to plummetting ratings in the spring/summer.

• Love 8

The higher-ups idiotically think lack of Sonny (and lack of Sonny worship) is what led to plummetting ratings in the spring/summer.Their was an lack o

Their was an lack of sonny?MB was still the no.! actor leading the most AT for the year.

Just catching up on yesterday's show. Hearing the explaination for how Liv was able to adopt a baby so quickly is completely ludicrous and stereotypical. Apparently in Bensonhurst it is still 1952.

It doesn't bother me that Sabrina is like 13 months pregnant in real life but on the show no one notices she's even pregnant at all. Of all the ridiculous things I need to suspend belief on to watch this batshit show that is probably the easiest thing to concede at this point.

• Love 3

Geez, even a text from Fake Sloane is annoying.

Well, I never FF but this piece of fuckery today with this wedding finally broke me. It was just too gross to actually sit through. I did watch Sabrina's reaction to hearing Carlos died. I always thought they made a much more interesting couple than Michael and Sabrina. Oh, I did watch a little of NuJoss. She's fine acting-wise, but I far preferred the last one. Hannah Nordberg just made her fun to watch. This version is boring. And really still with the corn jokes? Enough already! So. Played. Out.

It's really unfair how great Maura's legs look. I'd kill for them. She looked so great spinning in that chair. Very happy I got Ava/Anna scenes today.

My STFU for today goes to Michael. "Anyone can have children, it takes a real man to be a father." Shut up, just shut up and stop talking forever.

Previews looked coma-inducing.

Orange Glo

Okay, that made my night a little better. Maybe if I continue to refer to him as this, I can keep going.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

"My STFU for today goes to Michael. "Anyone can have children, it takes a real man to be a father." Shut up, just shut up and stop talking forever." (Sorry on my phone I don't know how to do the quotes)

Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little. It makes it seem like I hallucinated Michael being a bad ass and calling Avery AJ and all the other cool things he did for a while there. Pitiful.

• Love 9

The actresses who play Sabrina and Valerie have never been better than they were today. Loved Sabrina's understated grief over Carlos. It was subtle but effective. And she looked gorgeous as well. Valerie telling Maxie off was simply a thing of beauty and LONG overdue.

• Love 8
Valerie's emerged as the one in the quad-mire

Valerie doesn't have anything to do with Jakeson/Liz/Patrick/Sam.... OH!!!  You mean the other quad-mire!

Their was an lack of sonny?MB was still the no.! actor leading the most AT for the year.

And the ratings didn't start to plummet until after the Avery custody battle ended and we were treated to yet another tiresome mob war.

My STFU for today goes to Michael. "Anyone can have children, it takes a real man to be a father."

Oh, and it JUST SO HAPPENS that Sabrina is pregnant.

WARNING:  FALLING ANVILS AHEAD.

• Love 1

I'm just watching the episode now, but I'm having to take breaks because the Scummy and Snarly wedding is making me ill.  God help me, but I'd rather be watching Franco, Nina and The Keekster than this Corinthi gathering.

• Love 5

My STFU for today goes to Michael. "Anyone can have children, it takes a real man to be a father." Shut up, just shut up and stop talking forever.

Sometimes I'm like, is this show for real? Sonny KILLED MICHAEL'S FATHER. The disgusting level is off the charts. I knew I hated Michael from the second he arrived on-screen for a reason. What a fail.

• Love 8

OMG, the recorder, the platitudes of "OMG, S&C's love is soooo amazing", Sonny thanking his children for their loyalty not 2 hours after screeching at 2 of them and accusing them of disloyalty, THAT RECORDER, the vows, the very Twilightness of the whole episode, the fact that during his 'emotional' moments Sonny sounded like Linda Richman from Coffee Talk and on and on and on.

And Valerie telling people to fuck off.  Actually a really, really good episode. For various reasons.

• Love 6

At least screechy Lucy wasn't the clergyperson who married them this time. It was a priest in actual liturgical duds.

Why is Sonny so cheerful about continuing in the Afterlife with Carly by his side? He still believes in the Afterlife, after his life of crime, and he's looking forward to it?

Maxie is so bratty, like a kid who finds out adult secrets and gleefully spills them at the worst times.

Oh sure that was Carlos they pulled from the water, battered face unrecognizable and a wallet full of ID on the body. I'm glad Jordan still plans to check and make sure thru DNA we hope.

Why is Carly still wearing white, after birthing several kids with different men and on her eleventieth marriage to Sonny?

• Love 3

"My STFU for today goes to Michael. "Anyone can have children, it takes a real man to be a father." Shut up, just shut up and stop talking forever." (Sorry on my phone I don't know how to do the quotes)

Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little. It makes it seem like I hallucinated Michael being a bad ass and calling Avery AJ and all the other cool things he did for a while there. Pitiful.

At least screechy Lucy wasn't the clergyperson who married them this time. It was a priest in actual liturgical duds.

Why is Sonny so cheerful about continuing in the Afterlife with Carly by his side? He still believes in the Afterlife, after his life of crime, and he's looking forward to it?

Maxie is so bratty, like a kid who finds out adult secrets and gleefully spills them at the worst times.

Oh sure that was Carlos they pulled from the water, battered face unrecognizable and a wallet full of ID on the body. I'm glad Jordan still plans to check and make sure thru DNA we hope.

Why is Carly still wearing white, after birthing several kids with different men and on her eleventieth marriage to Sonny?

Well, after reading what you folks are putting up with, I guess I staying on the barge. So Michael has resumed his Stupid Little Shit mantle, I see. And Sonny hasn't dissolved into a slimy puddle of Coppertone runoff, Carly still has the heart of a combat, and Maxie the mind of a flying squirrel.

I salute you all for sticking with it.

• Love 1

In addition to everything else posted here about the dreck that was today's show, I am so done with LW's weirdo faux laugh, and today she did it so many times and in so many wrong places, I wanted to punch her.  She even did it in the vows, which made MB think he needed to faux laugh too.  Which was weird.

And seriously, a white wedding gown?  Nuff said.

Michael is dead to me.

I was trying to think after today's episode why I still watch, and crazily, it is FH, and also wanting to see the fallout from the Jake is Jason storyline.  I love Tracy and that might keep me a bit longer (Richard Burgi), but pretty much everyone else, I am done with.  There's not much else left on this show that is rootable.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 7
I'm just watching the episode now, but I'm having to take breaks because the Scummy and Snarly wedding is making me ill.  God help me, but I'd rather be watching Franco, Nina and The Keekster than this Corinthi gathering.

The only good thing about having the Corinthi wedding at General Hospital is being able to see some solid daytime soap actors (Anna, Paul, Ava, Jordan) in other scenes away from that toxic family. 

• Love 2

Joss, imma let you finish that solo in a minute, but…are you playing "Here Comes the Bride" on the muthafuckin RECORDER right now?

She regenerated in Second Doctor Joss. Unfortunately, with the regeneration, we lose the corn Sonny hate snark.

I'm honestly surprised, with half the town showing up in the chapel, Popes Benedict and Francis didn't concelebrate the wedding, Jax didn't show up as best man with Tracey as Flower Girl, and Scotty busting in after the wedding to tell 'his new BFF' that he screwed over Ava and Avery is his forever and forever (coupled with "oh yeah, I had a daughter. We're good now").

STAY ON THE BARGE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

• Love 7

I was trying to think after today's episode why I still watch, and crazily, it is FH, and also wanting to see the fallout from the Jake is Jason storyline. I love Tracy and that might keep me a bit longer (Paul Burgi), but pretty much everyone else, I am done with. There's not much else left on this show that is rootable.

I don't think that's crazy. But I'm biased.

• Love 1

Valerie telling people off is...I don't know. Sure, Maxie and Nathan shouldn't be all up in her business but she had sex with Lulu's husband and is still lusting after him. Maybe she should think about having a couple of seats. 

• Love 2

I missed this. Good thing because I would've went into a rage blackout so large it would've caused a catatonic state.

The actresses who play Sabrina and Valerie have never been better than they were today. Loved Sabrina's understated grief over Carlos. It was subtle but effective. And she looked gorgeous as well. Valerie telling Maxie off was simply a thing of beauty and LONG overdue.

+1.

In addition to everything else posted here about the dreck that was today's show, I am so done with LW's weirdo faux laugh, and today she did it so many times and in so many wrong places, I wanted to punch her.

Amen. I hate her laugh so much. I just can't with how LW is playing Carly.

• Love 3

Sometimes I'm like, is this show for real? Sonny KILLED MICHAEL'S FATHER. The disgusting level is off the charts. I knew I hated Michael from the second he arrived on-screen for a reason. What a fail.

I still think it's neck in neck for what Sonny did to Michael and Dante. I mean, I like my own parents, and I have known them a lot longer than Michael had known AJ, but I'm still pretty damn attached to my own life/chest. So both of them grinning and clapping like this is amazaballs is insane.

Morgan too, but he's a douche so whatever.

Valerie telling people off is...I don't know. Sure, Maxie and Nathan shouldn't be all up in her business but she had sex with Lulu's husband and is still lusting after him. Maybe she should think about having a couple of seats.

Maxie totally deserved it, but Nathan didn't, and I thought she should have had several seats then. Plus, I'm still unimpressed with th actress, but about 80% of the cast sucks now, so. Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 8

How that dude wasn't immediately incinerated by vengeful lightning is beyond me. He should be defrocked for uniting those two. I'd love it if it turns out he was just some guy Lucas dragged off the hospital floor and stuck in vestments because Lucas didn't want to hear Carly and Sonny whine about not being able to get married. So they're not really married , and everyone's pretending to shut those two up.

Because wearing white is about purity of the soul. Okay, that doesn't apply to Carly, but white =/= virginity. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

In addition to everything else posted here about the dreck that was today's show, I am so done with LW's weirdo faux laugh, and today she did it so many times and in so many wrong places, I wanted to punch her.  She even did it in the vows, which made MB think he needed to faux laugh too.  Which was weird.

And seriously, a white wedding gown?  Nuff said.

That laugh...that laugh makes nails on a chalkboard sound like dulcet tones.  Between that, her ridiculous creamsicle bronzer, the "one true love" bs and everyone acting like this wasn't S&C's FIFTH time at this particular rodeo, it's a miracle my head didn't explode.

And don't get me started on the notion that these two assholes marrying makes them just THAT much more likely to win a custody case against Ava.  If I was Ava's lawyer, I'd drag every shitty thing they did out in court--hanging AJ from a meathook, Carly making Sonny sign away his rights to Morgan, the Christina car bomb issue, shooting Dante--all of it.  Yes, let's highlight what great parents those two are.  With all that?  They shouldn't be given custody of a goldfish.

• Love 6

You know I do have to give LW and NLG props for being able to get through some of this dreck.  Whenever someone gets killed or something blows up, they are able to look at their respective partners with straight faces and ask non-ironically "Who would do such a thing?!"  Really ladies?  Really??

• Love 6

No offense to recorder fans but I had the same reaction!  I was like what is happening right now?  Am I drunk?  What in the EFF was that about???

Michael is dead to me.

I second that.  All the Sonny love was over the top even for this show.  Let's see what Daddy Dearest has done to earn father of the year status:

1.  Murdered one sons bio dad.

2.  Put that same son in a coma because of a botched hit meant for him.

3.  Shot another son point blank in the chest.

4.  Various baby mamas have alternately been shot, blown up, or threatened either because of Sonny or by him directly.

The list probably goes on and on.  As crazy as it sounds I would rather watch Franco and Nina (not Keeks) than The Sonny Show.

• Love 5
(Paul Burgi)

Hee. The actor is Richard Burgi; the character is Paul.

Various baby mamas have alternately been shot, blown up, or threatened either because of Sonny or by him directly.

I think Sonny has threatened every baby momma of his. Because he respects women so much.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Death by a thousand paper cuts or death by torture.

I wish Ghost!Connie would shimmer into the eventual custody hearing and reveal that Sonny never got a ghost!divorce from her so his marriage to Carly is invalid.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I wish Ghost!Connie would shimmer into the eventual custody hearing and reveal that Sonny never got a ghost!divorce from her

This is a thing that actually happened on this show SMH. Actually, didn't this happen twice? Didn't Nik marry ghost Emily?

What makes me sick is that the writers or network or whoever the geniuses in charge seem to think that in order for MB to be lead he needs to be canonized. No one is allowed to dislike this truly horrendous person. Here's an idea if you want a universally loved person? Don't have them do despicable things. See Dr. Hardy for the idea.

MB may be the lead but he is not or ever will be the heart of this show. No amount of whitewashing and making Sonny's family into walking cult like zombies is going to change that.

• Love 22