Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

God, Morgan. Is there anyone even in the vicinity of being this annoying? SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I don't think I've ever seen GH fans on the internet so united in their annoyance of one character before like this. Maybe Levi. It's hilarious.

• Love 13

The Ric and Sam scene was so nice until all the Jason worshiping. 

I thought that Rik and Sam had chemistry

They have chemistry, but Kelly also brings an energy to Sam's scenes with men she doesn't like/is angry with, that I don't see in her other scenes - whether she was at odds with another woman or spending time with her sisters or being all about a man. I've seen the energy when she called out Sonny in his home on how he, Jason, Carly, and their people treat outsiders/non ass-kissers (after JaSam broke up), when she confronted Ethan about putting his hands on Kristina (a wrist grab, I think?), when she's mad at seeing Ric in the penthouse, hanging out with Danny. Her scenes with Jason were a different story, because there was an underlying "please love me best" begging vibe about her no matter how upset she was.

Really? I think the only person who constantly needs to establish her position in Jason's life has been Carly. When Jason and Sam first got together, Sam was so desperate to be loved at all I don't think being first ever occurred to her. I liked them better after they broke up because the writers actually had her grow past that. I don't even think Liz needs to be "loved best" despite the current story line. I tend to think that many of Liz's problems stem from some pretty severe abandonment issues that she's never dealt with

Plus, part of the Jasus mythology was his loyalty. Aside from the early Carly/Robin and the SOS none of his girlfriends have ever worried about him being unfaithful. 

• Love 1

Oracle: In the context of Kelly playing Sam angry, I'm referring to how she was toward Jason when their relationship was on the rocks, post-breakup, and then in the aftermath of Franco terrorizing them on their honeymoon. The anger had an undertone of desperation for him to love her, put her before his 'family', be jealous of her sleeping w/ GV's Lucky, and later her need for him to consider his love for her (and the baby) as more important than his hatred of Franco. With the other men I referred to (I should have included Nikolas, too)  Kelly has played Sam like "I will have my say right now and I don't give a **** what you think of me." Whereas she always cared what Jason thought/how he felt about her.

I see Carly as the one who is out to prove she's the most important woman ever  in the life of the man/men she thinks belong to her: Jason, Sonny, Jax, Jason again. I recall she even once told Coleman she wasn't just going to give up her men to the returning Brenda. 

• Love 3

I recall she even once told Coleman she wasn't just going to give up her men to the returning Brenda. 

While Carly's head exploding during Brenda's last return was rather enjoyable, ugh, I hate this "Sonny/Jax/Jason are MINE and I WON'T be sharing" speech.

• Love 3

I don't think the Franco rape!baby situation falls into the same category. It's not "desperation" to care what your spouse thinks of you even when you're fighting or to expect your spouse to choose you - that's just marriage.

And I don't think she was entirely wrong to expect the man she was in a relationship with to prioritize her over a woman he accidentally impregnated.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

I agree with everyone above...

Morgan, SHUT THE FU*K UP!!

I think it's the haircut. It seems to have also cut off whatever was remotely likable about him. Clearly his brain was in his hair.

I am so sick of his yelling and general rage monkey antics....gahhh!! Good grief, they all act like this is Sonny's first shooting/"near death" (ha! if only! ) experience....like this never ever ever happened before.

Oh, and Morgan, you need to take a stadium's worth of seats ....and also...SHUT THE FU*K UP!

• Love 8

I'm hanging on by my fingernails for the new writing regime to hit the air. Can't come soon enough. 

I have no delusions that Passanante and Altman will fix any of this, but I'm willing to hold out until their work starts airing. I just don't know how much more I can take of the Corinthos Family Hour.

• Love 10

I have no delusions that Passanante and Altman will fix any of this, but I'm willing to hold out until their work starts airing. I just don't know how much more I can take of the Corinthos Family Hour.

Sadly I don't have much hope.

• Love 4

Sadly I don't have much hope.

Sadly, I am in the same boat.  Errr, barge.

TPTB think the way to gain back fans is to double down on Franco and Nina and quintuple down on Sonny and Carly. I just can't with that.  When fans complained vociferously about the lack of romance, they did not mean that they (generally speaking, and there are small exceptions) wanted those couples to be written as great love stories.

I gave the writers their chance to say what they'd do, and it sounds like they have no vision whatsoever. My favorite characters are completely rudderless.

• Love 6

Sadly, I am in the same boat. Errr, barge.

TPTB think the way to gain back fans is to double down on Franco and Nina and quintuple down on Sonny and Carly. I just can't with that. When fans complained vociferously about the lack of romance, they did not mean that they (generally speaking, and there are small exceptions) wanted those couples to be written as great love stories.

I gave the writers their chance to say what they'd do, and it sounds like they have no vision whatsoever. My favorite characters are completely rudderless.

This is me. I'm on the barge but nothing the new writers have said makes me want to come back. The characters I like are not written for or are rarely seen, have no POV, don't get me started on Robin and are truly rudderless.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 5
God, Morgan. Is there anyone even in the vicinity of being this annoying? SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I don't think I've ever seen GH fans on the internet so united in their annoyance of one character before like this. Maybe Levi. It's hilarious.

If BC would dial it back, Morgan wouldn't be so annoying. It would also help if the writing wasn't having people have to hold Morgan back from barging into the OR while Patrick is operating on Sonny. I mean, come ON. That's not BPD, that's just blatant stupidity.

While Carly's head exploding during Brenda's last return was rather enjoyable, ugh, I hate this "Sonny/Jax/Jason are MINE and I WON'T be sharing" speech.

It's totally in character for Carly, IMO. She has to be everyone's top priority.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I don't think the Franco rape!baby situation falls into the same category. It's not "desperation" to care what your spouse thinks of you even when you're fighting or to expect your spouse to choose you - that's just marriage.

And I don't think she was entirely wrong to expect the man she was in a relationship with to prioritize her over a woman he accidentally impregnated.

I get what you mean, I just think when Sam was pregnant and married to Jason she was in the right to feel *entitled* to his love and be #1 in his life. But it didn't come across like that to me - it came across as a yearning/desperation for him to be focused on her instead of being all. about. him. I didn't get a 'I am furious and I will have my say, period' vibe from her until after Danny was born and she thought he was dead. Hope that makes sense.

She wasn't wrong to expect Jason to prioritize herself over Liz. Again, the undertone at that time, in my opinion, was a yearning/desperation for him to do so. But Sam didn't come across as 'it is my right to expect your love/have my say and I won't apologize for that' like she has been in angry scenes with other men.  I guess what I'm saying is that it seemed to take a lot for Sam to have a backbone in her relationship with Jason. Getting angry and speaking her mind was not so much an issue with other men, from Ric to Nikolas.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

that shot of them all staring at poor, poor Sonny killed me, and I only saw it in fast forward.

Ah, Olivia. You are so pointless.

Seriously.

I think it's the haircut. It seems to have also cut off whatever was remotely likable about him. Clearly his brain was in his hair.

Or his hotness. :whistles innocently: Without the hair that nose is really emphasized.

• Love 5

I'm hanging on by my fingernails for the new writing regime to hit the air. Can't come soon enough. 

Oh it's clear that this shift back to the Corinthos Family Hour is an order from on high - Frank and/or Varni - so I don't really have much hope at all. 

• Love 5

Oh it's clear that this shift back to the Corinthos Family Hour is an order from on high - Frank and/or Varni - so I don't really have much hope at all. 

I think the most depressing thing to me is their is really no other families around.They gutted the Q's.They killed off an few legacy characters with emily and georgie for that ridclous text message killer story.THeir not interested in rebuilding the webbers/Hardys ect.When I look at other soaps dys ecspecially they have that whole multi generation thing going on.GH you'd think hadn't started until sonny arrived.

• Love 5

The only bright side is that the show can only ruin Corinthos family. Everyone else is gone. But seriously, when Tom and Alice died on Days of our Lives, there were plenty of Hortons left, because the show didn't go out of its way to kill them (or when it did, they brought them back by having them imprisoned on some island. )

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

Or his hotness. :whistles innocently: Without the hair that nose is really emphasized.

Amen to that Ulkis! lol

• Love 2

It's nice to see wrapping up the "Ava killed WhoTheHellCares" plotline, but having Scotty snatch the flash drive and defend Ava because Max told Diane(!!!) to drop the Jeromes is the most convoluted denounment since.... I don't know.... rescuing the Govermor's daughter and getting a full pardon?

Yay,

Kristina's back.

Boo,

rumor is she's just shortterm, maybe a few shows, just to prop up Sonny.

Why couldn't MyKill come from the past with his patricide pillow?

Someone give Morgan his medicine. This is torture & annoying as a viewer.

Or a Snickers bar. Unfortunately, I'm afraid who he'll turn into.

Edit: forgot that Scotty is also trying to extort $5M out of Ava for, I don't know, reasons. More convoluted. If he uses the money 

when Laura comes back and, I don't know, START UP FREAKING DECEPTION,

, it would make sense. Or Chekov's bribe money.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 1

Once again I half-watched and I happened to look at the screen when I saw "written by Ron the Destroyer". Ok, maybe it showed his actual name but my point is when will it end? I don't know who to hate more yet because I don't know how much of this shit writing is RC and how much, if any, is New Writers' writing.

Why does everyone go to the chapel in the hospital and recite their sins out loud? I mean, I know the why is for the audience, but really, who does that? And they're almost always talking about some secret or other and they make it look like they've been overheard by the one person they don't want knowing the secret.

And despite Nathan's advice, Valerie just has to go to Dante with the news about Julian being released.

Also, Morgan, STFU.

• Love 4

Once again I half-watched and I happened to look at the screen when I saw "written by Ron the Destroyer". Ok, maybe it showed his actual name but my point is when will it end? I don't know who to hate more yet because I don't know how much of this shit writing is RC and how much, if any, is New Writers' writing.

See, for me, it doesn't make a difference because be it Ron or the New Writers, they were directed to take the show in this direction by Frank, Varni, and other higher-ups.  The Corinthos Family Hour is just getting started.

• Love 5

See, for me, it doesn't make a difference because be it Ron or the New Writers, they were directed to take the show in this direction by Frank, Varni, and other higher-ups. The Corinthos Family Hour is just getting started.

Yeah, I don't want to be a downer, but this is exactly right. Nothing is changing under the new writers. The show is the same. And, actually, I believe they specifically said they were brought in because the show needed "more romance." So we'll see Sonny/Carly cuddling more. Yay.

• Love 5

Loved Kristina being back, she and Molly look so much like sisters. Don't turn Kristina into full Sonny ass kisser they've made Michael into in no time flat. Michael was just appalling by Sonny's bedside today, we're supposed to find this touching?

You worked through it, you're good now Michael? You're good with Sonny murdering and covering up AJ. 

The writing on this show is so bad, especially compared to all the other soaps today.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 8

Kristina and Molly are now the same height! Lexi looks lovely, although I preferred her with her natural (darker) hair. It's awesome to see the four actresses so happy to be in the same room together again - on-screen. The Coven embrace was beautiful. Rolled my eyes at the "Your dad may have shot mine?" line. Puh-lease, there are no choir boys here -each of your fathers is or has been involved with organized crime. It's sad to see Molly still has rose-colored glasses on when it comes to her own father. She can knock off the faint hostility to Sam for wanting to believe in her own father when there currently isn't sufficient evidence to prosecute Julian for shooting Sonny. 

Loved Kristina saying that Michael was justified in the custody fight with Sonny, but didn't like her saying "Dad needs you right now." No, his Dad is in a crypt now because of Sonny. It's a little odd to see Morgan now taller than Kristina. The last time we saw Lexi, Morgan had not been SORASed.

STFU, Valerie. You don't even know Sonny or Dante's siblings.  I guess she gets points for not mentioning her dead mother? I did laugh at and approve of Nathan's response to Dante saying he's no different/better than Sonny: "There is the small matter of you not being a career criminal."

I also laughed at the pissy look on Val's face when Dante hugged Lulu. So pathetic. 

Kristina was good and realistic with Sonny until she sat down, started crying and doing the propping b.s. Even in that mode, she's 1,000% more tolerable to watch than Morgan because she's not just a Sonny ass-kisser; she knows he's not an innocent soul and she has a life which was mentioned.  I also loved that she said "It's good to be seen" instead of "It's good to see you, too" to Carly. LOL. MB acting with LA is the first time in forever that I didn't think Sonny's just a worthless POS. 

But Julian sucks for wanting Alexis to leave the girls with Sam and come with him. 

Warning: the last few minutes of Michael and Sonny will cause some rage black outs. And Morgan with a gun = everybody duck and run.

• Love 3

Hi Kristina.  Come to cry at Sonny's bedside and forgive him all the transgressions he committed against you just because he got shot (and not for the first time, like everyone keeps acting) because he chooses to be in the mob?  Alrighty then.  Why was she ducking his calls, anyway, I thought things were okay between them last time she was around.

The judge being all, "This is highly irregular!" during Ava's court appearance made me laugh.  Just move to town, I take it?  And Scotty being all, "My client has been waiting forever for her moment in court!" is pretty silly since she, you know, escaped custody and was living under a fake name.

Ugh, and Dante.  I get he feels guilty about the ONS with Valerie, but comparing his transgressions to Sonny's is just...no.

Shut up, Michael, shut the fuck up.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I hate to say it, because I love the Coven, but if all Kristina is gonna do is join the Sonny fan club, she can go back to Yale and not come back.

Wouldn't the police have AJ's phone, from which they could presumably make another copy of Ava's confession? Should I even try applying logic to this fakakta show?

(I am willing to hand wave everything if Ava wins custody of Avery)

• Love 5

Wouldn't the police have AJ's phone, from which they could presumably make another copy of Ava's confession? Should I even try applying logic to this fakakta show?

(I am willing to hand wave everything if Ava wins custody of Avery)

I think Carly and Franco deleted the recording on the phone after Spinelli cleared up the recording.  You know, when they got so turned on hearing a guy get shot that they started to make out?

Edited by ch1

I hate to say it, because I love the Coven, but if all Kristina is gonna do is join the Sonny fan club, she can go back to Yale and not come back.

I think LA is playing it as more complicated than a Sonny propper. She acknowledged wanting to be angry but knowing it's pointless because he chose this life a long time ago. I saw unresolved Daddy issues (the awkwardness) and guilt for having been away a long time - that part she mentioned. Most people I know would feel some regret, or completely awful at worst, to hear that a parent has been badly injured (even if it's a hazard of the job) and realize hey, can't remember the last time I said ILY. Her reaction was comprised of layers of feelings, it wasn't merely 'my dad is so brave and strong, I can't stand to see him like this, how dare someone shoot him' in contrast to Morgan's reaction.

• Love 4

See, for me, it doesn't make a difference because be it Ron or the New Writers, they were directed to take the show in this direction by Frank, Varni, and other higher-ups.  The Corinthos Family Hour is just getting started.

Yeah, I don't want to be a downer, but this is exactly right. Nothing is changing under the new writers. The show is the same. And, actually, I believe they specifically said they were brought in because the show needed "more romance." So we'll see Sonny/Carly cuddling more. Yay.

Sigh....I know nothing will change (as I wrote that there was a commercial on that said "you are about to find out that everything will change", see what I mean? I'm so desperate for General Hospital to revolve around the hospital rather than the mob that I'm looking for signs in a commercial, that's how sad the destruction of GH is making me) but I can't stop hoping.

I wound up watching the whole show today, the only thing I really liked was seeing Alexis and her daughters all together.

That's pretty much it.

• Love 1

Dear God, why is Krissy worshiping at the altar of St. Sonny? Can't one of his kids be allowed to dislike him?

Nope! They must apologize for being angry for being treated like shit. Next question!

I did like seeing Alexis and her daughters, even though I'm not a fan of the tan and lighter hair combo either. It's like she was trying to make her skin and hair the same color.

Shouldn't Dante be able to discern that Valerie probably still has feelings for him on his own, given people don't just get over feelings in a day? But anyway, between his "you okay?" to Valerie and his telling Dante he would have never slept with Valerie if Lulu hadn't LIED, he's annoying me. I get he's trying to make his bud feel better but a simple "you made a mistake" would be better than trying to bleat that no no really if it hadn't been for Lulu lying!!!!111 Dante would never have slept with her. If Dante had talked to Lulu and got answers, then he wouldn't've cheated on Lulu either (supposedly), so maybe he should have done that.

And maybe instead of saying "you okay" he should have asked, "maybe you want to suggest to be transferred?" He doesn't have to tell her to grow the hell up and deal with it or leave, but there's a middle ground between that and "there there, are you okay at not being forced to stare at the married man and his wife?" 

I wonder, if Maxie dumps him for not telling her about the one-night stand (and actively lying about Valerie's feelings for Maxie), he'll be so eager to use the "but they lied" excuse.

I did like the "there is the small matter" line though like someone pointed out.

Ugh, and Dante.  I get he feels guilty about the ONS with Valerie, but comparing his transgressions to Sonny's is just...no.

I would be fine with it if I suspected it was just Dante's hyperbole and not the powers that be trying to say, "see! Sonny isn't that bad, Dante did the same thing!" Which, like you say . . . . just no.

TJ's t-shirt is not helping his cause here. 

No excuse for the wig anymore!!!!

Scott telling Ava he didn't give Ava permission to use the phone was funny. Although her kissing him was weird. Was she that relieved or was that some kind of agenda on Ava's part that I'm missing.

Can someone *please* shoot Morgan and Sonny?

In the face, don't forget that part or they'll just get shoulder wounds.

re: before people saying there is no difference in the show. Well, the scenes are longer, at least. I think I was surprised the Dante/Ric scene was still on when I turned back to the screen about three times, heh. But given 30 second scenes were Frank's brilliant idea, Ron's firing wasn't pertinent to that.

Speaking of bad technical stuff, the over-the-top music once again made a cartoon of a scene (the one where Alexis was knocking on the door and Julian was shoving the gun in his pocket.)

It's sad to see Molly still has rose-colored glasses on when it comes to her own father. She can knock off the faint hostility to Sam for wanting to believe in her own father when there currently isn't sufficient evidence to prosecute Julian for shooting Sonny. 

Do we know whether Molly knows Ric and Sam slept together?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Scott telling Ava he didn't give Ava permission to use the phone was funny. Although her kissing him was weird. Was she that relieved or was that some kind of agenda on Ava's part that I'm missing.

That reminds me - are Scotty and Bobbie still together?  Or, like most of their relationship up-and-downs, did they break up off-screen?

Edited by TeeVee329

Since Morgan is only the #2 son, does that mean Shawn taught him to shoot? If so, watch out plant life in Julian's place! Though he could have learned at military school and might be able to actually hit a target. He'll still miss, though. I wonder if somehow he'll shoot Krissy. That would be a shitty homecoming. Or he can shoot Alexis and Molly will still blame Julian. "Morgan is bipolar and stupid because of Julian!"

• Love 2

Loved, loved, loved, LOVED having Lexi back as Kristina.  Love the Davis coven scenes.  Want more of those.  The Kristina/Sonny scenes, I understand because she's been away and was likely scared then entire way home that she wouldn't make it back in time.

Michael on the other hand, just no.  As we've seen with Dante and Kristina, it is ok to be worried about Sonny, but not completely change your principles.  Geez, why can't Michael be glad that Sonny isn't dead, but at the same time still be mad that AJ is dead.  This show and it's inability to have characters feel more than one emotion at a time.

I was wondering how they were going to explain why Ric wouldnt immediately suspect Scott of taking the drive, but having him say that officers went through his office during the Madeline fiasco and could have taken it actually made a little sense.

I missed something at the end, who's hotel room were Scott and Ava entering that had been ransacked?  It looked like Franco and Nina's but why would Scott go in there?  

• Love 3

I missed something at the end, who's hotel room were Scott and Ava entering that had been ransacked?  It looked like Franco and Nina's but why would Scott go in there?  

Scotty also lives at the MetroCourt, ridiculous but true.

• Love 1
are Scotty and Bobbie still together?

Not that my memory has been so great lately, but didn't Bobbie finally kick Scott to the curb when she and Lucy forced him to choose between them and he couldn't?

Since Morgan is only the #2 son

#3, even? Miles behind Michael and trailing Dante.

Edited by dubbel zout

ETA oops, already answered.

Edited by ulkis

Not that my memory has been so great lately, but didn't Bobbie finally kick Scott to the curb when he couldn't decide between her and Lucy?

No, Scotty picked Bobbie in that situation.  Bobbie then (super ridiculously) dumped Scotty when he totally, 100% justifiably prosecuted Carly for her role in the AJ murder cover-up.  Then, they got back together (most of it relegated off-screen) around the time the Fluke mess unraveled.

Edited by TeeVee329

#3, even? Miles behind Michael and trailing Dante.

And all his kids trail miles behind Sonny himself.

Random question - did anyone catch who wrote today's episode?

• Love 3

I hope Lexi doesn't stay. Alexis has two other daughters on canvas. Sonny already has enough family. She isn't needed. Other families need to be rebuilt first. It doesn't hurt that I hate the character, but isn't that always the way? We cheer the returns of the people we like, and we hope the others get hit by-or thrown under- a bus.

• Love 2