Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

This Sloane has got to get the hell out of here. He is ruining Anna's scenes for me, and I don't remember him being this awful before. Was he, ulkis? Because god, dude can't emote to save his life. He sounded like he was reading off a cue card.

Ah, Nik hasn't gotten laid in how long? There he is again, right on cue. I still would like to see him have a change of heart and genuinely fall hard for Rebecca Budig, but is outcast and gets no one. Sorry, I still love their chemistry. Lord knows I've held on to couples longer than I should have for that reason.

Avery was adorable of course, and I loved that she took one look at Sabrina's ugly ass gift and ripped it off her own head and started eating it. She was truly the only good thing about that wedding.

I was so cheering the thugs on to hurry up and kill Sonny, but alas. And I guess the ending was pretty soapy, and I usually really enjoy the hell out of that stuff, but I guess since it was Sonny and Carly, I was just annoyed.

Another pregnancy. How completely original.

• Love 5

This Sloane has got to get the hell out of here. He is ruining Anna's scenes for me, and I don't remember him being this awful before. Was he, ulkis? Because god, dude can't emote to save his life. He sounded like he was reading off a cue card.

Yes, he was. Then you all got fooled because Grayson was awful too! :p But this guy was horrible as well.

I will quote jsbt on him:

I am so glad Executive Hot Tub Installer Sloane from the Justice Department is gone. He looks like he smells like a gym locker, ogles the girls' softball squad and belittled me in high school

Ah, Nik hasn't gotten laid in how long? There he is again, right on cue. I still would like to see him have a change of heart and genuinely fall hard for Rebecca Budig, but is outcast and gets no one. Sorry, I still love their chemistry. Lord knows I've held on to couples longer than I should have for that reason.

I wouldn't mind that. But he has to end up alone for a while. They do have chemistry.

• Love 8

Both Sloanes were/are terrible in different horrible ways.

And I guess we're supposed to be viewing the character's horribleness as a retcon now that they've clearly given up on the idea of him with Anna, but oh no, it's been there all along.

• Love 5

Having a laugh at Maxie as she tried to remain in control freak mode, bossing everyone and quoting the "rules." Then she was hitting the champagne bottle when she couldn't herd the people successfully. Maxie, you are in over your head. No one takes you seriously. Here's hoping you will get thoroughly sloshed at the Haunted Star or the Floating Rib weeping on Nathan's shoulder. The wedding audience was so small and mainly people she knew well anyway, and no one took her all that seriously. I think she failed, and I hope she has to admit it.

• Love 3

The show should just go for it and do a real Sonny/Jason/Spinelli triangle, with Carly as their ### hag.

Speaking of Carly, I had such WTF moment watching her give this 5-minute speech about happiness and family. How did we get here, show?

• Love 8

Speaking of Carly, I had such WTF moment watching her give this 5-minute speech about happiness and family. How did we get here, show?

And that annoying faux laugh, that she introduced during her Franco love, and for some reason is hanging onto.  Who is this woman?

And that annoying faux laugh, that she introduced during her Franco love, and for some reason is hanging onto. Who is this woman?

She does that laugh with Jakeson, too. It's terrible. Although nothing will top Brenda's cray laugh in 2010/2011.

• Love 3

I survived Fluke for this? More Sonny propping? Sonny & Carly's 25th wedding? 

Can we at least get Ghost Connie to show up and laugh with glee that for once Sonny is the one subjected to the prenuptial shooting.

• Love 7

What's a shame is that I liked Pat - both Teenage and Dee Wallace versions - and still wish they had let her live for a while once her exposition in the Fluke mess was over.  But her constantly being invoked by Valerie is super old.

I continue to be excessively irritated by the way in which the memory of these promising characters is being used in a story which is less about Valerie and more about contriving angst for Dante and Lulu.  Especially when there were other organic ways to create said angst for this couple.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 3

I know! I haven't been able to watch an entire set of Anna's scenes since her return.  It's torture, and my tolerance level is not as high as it once was because I've been on the barge for nearly three months.

The Sloanes on this show have been like the Goldilocks.  One can't emote; the other overemotes.  Can't this show get anything perfect?

I am so glad Executive Hot Tub Installer Sloane from the Justice Department is gone. He looks like he smells like a gym locker, ogles the girls' softball squad and belittled me in high school

Bwah! I missed this before!  I want to see business cards that say "Executive Hot Tub Installer."  And I'd pay money to hear him say, "That's EXECUTIVE Hot Tub Installer to you."

• Love 5

That's what struck me yesterday - she fucking won.  She doesn't have to share Michael with AJ, or even deal with him at all ever again.  She didn't have to stay in a loveless marriage with a SERIAL KILLER to keep the secret.  She got (gag) the man of her dreams in Sonny.  She's installed herself as the mother of a baby whose actual mother she hates and is surely enjoying that.  Michael not only isn't mad at her anymore, but apparently thinks she's the best mother in the world, not even a year after her heinous actions were exposed.  She's being fawned over by the mother whose life and marriage she came to town to ruin, the cousin whose marriage she did her damndest to destroy by prostituting a Quartermaine, and a cousin she's never spoken to.  And she'll, in short order, get her best friend back, even though she didn't really lose him since, even with amnesia, he bafflingly enjoys her company.

It's just...what?

I think this is one of the main reasons the barge exits.  The whole point of people doing shitty things should be the payoff of watching them actually pay.  You don't get that with characters like Carly and Sonny and its beyond rage inducing. 

• Love 13

That's what struck me yesterday - she [Carly] fucking won.  

It's just...what?

And not to step on Heatlifer's territory/toes, but meanwhile . . . Robin is a captive for pretty much three plus years running!

And she will also probably be the one to condemn Liz as the world's worst person. Which, Liz is pretty bad, not denying it, but Carly will need to take a seat.

And of course, AJ is dead.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Scene: Jakeson with both hands on the Moobster, desparately trying to keep him from bleeding out. Suddenly, two uniforms from the PCPD show up, guns drawn.

Officer: PCPD! Raise your hands!

Jakeson: I can't raise my hands! I have them on....

Officer: I SAID RAISE YOUR HANDS! NOW!

Jakeson: I can't! I have my...

PCPD shoots Jakeson dead, Jakeson rolls off Sonny, who bleed to death.

-------

That's what happened yesterday, and I'm sticking to it.

• Love 17

And that annoying faux laugh, that she introduced during her Franco love, and for some reason is hanging onto.  Who is this woman?

She is a woman who is brave, strong, loves with her whole heart, protects children from the evil-doers like alcoholics and police commissioner's, and shits sprinkles and rainbows.

• Love 7

I think Carly, Jason Morgan,  and Sonny lose at humanity. I find them to be annoying, sometimes infuriating characters. I don't like any of them, and I resent the massive airtime the show has always devoted to them. But in all honesty, someone like Lulu during her harem days, gets on my nerves far more. And I can't really explain why, except that I despise goody two shoes characters who ALWAYS win, actually as much or more than detestable characters who almost never lose. Perhaps because I do think at least, that some characters are allowed to hate the detestable ones, and some audience members see them for who they are.

But pretty much no one is allowed to hate the goody two shoes, and if they do, they're evil.  We have solid citizens like Patrick Drake, who can't stand Sonny and had no use for Jason, and he's not evil.

I know I may be a party of one on that line of thinking, and that's okay. YMMV

• Love 3

And not to step on Heatlifer's territory/toes, but meanwhile . . . Robin is a captive for pretty much three plus years running!

It's honestly UNREAL. And, actually, not to be a super downer, but Robin hasn't been allowed to be happy since 2009. Ever since Lisa, the character has been tortured and it hasn't let up since then.

• Love 2

Carly happens upon the scene, having somehow just found out that Jake is Jason (because...Helena...or something), she sees dead Sonny and dead Jason and she loses her mind and angrily tries to grab the cop's gun.  The cop shoots and kills her, too. 

• Love 11

Scene: Jakeson with both hands on the Moobster, desparately trying to keep him from bleeding out. Suddenly, two uniforms from the PCPD show up, guns drawn.

Officer: PCPD! Raise your hands!

Jakeson: I can't raise my hands! I have them on....

Officer: I SAID RAISE YOUR HANDS! NOW!

Jakeson: I can't! I have my...

PCPD shoots Jakeson dead, Jakeson rolls off Sonny, who bleed to death.

-------

When this happens, I'm jumping off the barge, drink in hand and swimming like mad for shore.  I wouldn't want to miss that funeral.

• Love 9

Perhaps it's mean, but I kinda hope TJ repeats in front of Molly that Sonny got shot because of him, how he cares so much for Sonny because he's been so good to him, and reiterates his negative feelings about his mother the police commissioner ... and then Molly dumps him then and there for being an idiot. A line about "you're no longer the boy I fell in love with" would be great.

• Love 18
Ah, Nik hasn't gotten laid in how long? There he is again, right on cue.

Ugh, he's so gross. Am I supposed to find his horniness appealing? I think they're trying to make him more Gothic and Cassadiney, but I don't think TC can play that. He just looks like a giant sleaze to me. No wonder he's in cahoots with Sloan. They have that in common, since both of them get all foot-stamping and whiny when the wimmins don't do what they want.

even with amnesia, he bafflingly enjoys her company.

Seriously. Why couldn't Jakeson have taken an instant dislike to Carly?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

That's what struck me yesterday - she fucking won.  She doesn't have to share Michael with AJ, or even deal with him at all ever again.  She didn't have to stay in a loveless marriage with a SERIAL KILLER to keep the secret.  She got (gag) the man of her dreams in Sonny.  She's installed herself as the mother of a baby whose actual mother she hates and is surely enjoying that.  Michael not only isn't mad at her anymore, but apparently thinks she's the best mother in the world, not even a year after her heinous actions were exposed.  She's being fawned over by the mother whose life and marriage she came to town to ruin, the cousin whose marriage she did her damndest to destroy by prostituting a Quartermaine, and a cousin she's never spoken to.  And she'll, in short order, get her best friend back, even though she didn't really lose him since, even with amnesia, he bafflingly enjoys her company.

It's just...what?

I hated Carly since she first blew into town to blow I mean steal her Mother's husband. Depending on which actress was playing Carly, there have been a few seconds throughout the years where I didn't want to pull out her ribcage and wear it like a hat (as Buffy said to Whistler in Becoming Part 2 - wish I thought of that one). The thought of Carly winning sickens me.

She is a woman who is brave, strong, loves with her whole heart, protects children from the evil-doers like alcoholics and police commissioner's, and shits sprinkles and rainbows.

She also has a glittery hoo-ha.

• Love 3

That would have been so much more entertaining and amusing, if he had been scratching his head and saying, "For crying out loud, why is this shrill loudmouth following me around?"

• Love 9

Ugh, he's so gross. Am I supposed to find his horniness appealing? I think they're trying to make him more Gothic and Cassadiney, but I don't think TC can play that. He just looks like a giant sleaze to me. No wonder he's in cahoots with Sloan. They have that in common, since both of them get all foot-stamping and whiny when the wimmins don't do what they want.

It's great that Tyler and Budig have chemistry, but it ain't enough to make me interested in anything they do. Not only is Nik a sleazy bastard now, but I'm pretty sure he's had the same convo with Hayden for over a week now.

I'll say it again. The best part of SBu's Jason was he acted like she was an annoyance he had to tolerate because of Sonny.

• Love 3

Sloane may suck, but he was right about Duke.  Still, they never should have made Anna into a cold-blooded murderer.

This show is so stupid.  I don't feel sorry for any adult member of the Corinthos clan.  They choose to live the life of a gangster apologist and are right there to reap the rewards.  Sonny only has millions of dollars and is the most powerful man in town because he has stolen and extorted from the honest, hardworking residents of Port Charles.  Gangsters are the worst.  Other people only exist for them to exploit and profit from.  There is no soapy goodness to watching them.  I've asked this time and time again, but why is this man and his toady family the stars of this show?

It truly is time to say goodbye to this soap.  Every character I care about has been ruined and the ones I don't care about are inexplicably back to the forefront.  I've held out hope for a long time that GH would outlast Sonny Corinthos, but clearly that isn't going to happen. 

• Love 10

I was all ready to give Maxie props for her questioning the mob life - and that her remarks made that stupid twist Sabrina realize she might have made a huge mistake advising Michael to give custody of Avery back to Sonny - but then she had to go and talk shit about AJ and about Michael's relationship with him.

Since I hated the character from the start, I'm relishing how brightly Sloane's douchebag light is shining now.

• Love 10

It truly is time to say goodbye to this soap.  Every character I care about has been ruined and the ones I don't care about are inexplicably back to the forefront.  I've held out hope for a long time that GH would outlast Sonny Corinthos, but clearly that isn't going to happen. 

This is why I'm on the barge.  I don't want to go through another AMC debacle.   40 years with that showm held on while the characters I loved were dismissed or backburnered or made into ridiculous figures, families dismantled and disrespected, yet we were fed an endless diet of Ryan the Rage Monkey and Greenlee the potty mouthed Gnome.  At least that show ended well.  Julia Barr returned and brought back a touch of class.

But GH has become worse than that.  It's not unrecognizable, exactly, but it's like looking at it through a fun house mirror, one that isn't funny at all.

• Love 3

The Sabrina haters in the audience should watch today. While I didn't like the Sonny-propping of Maxie and Lulu's lines today, some of their lines were great and they got to Miss I-Know-All. KSt can really shine when Maxie is allowed to be serious and show a glimmer of intelligence.  I also enjoyed Avery ripping off Sabrina's gift a second time and playing with/munching it. So. much. cuteness.  Avery in front of her wasn't covering the pregnancy of the actress so great, though. She should have worn a loose-ish black dress if they were going to show off her entire body. I do love that Michael's first instinct is to take Avery out of ear shot of talk of violence, but that clearly didn't occur to super mommies Maxie and Lulu and former nanny Sabrina after he trusted them to watch her. 

TJ admiring aloud to his mother and Dante how Sonny handled the thugs really makes me wish Molly will dump him ASAP - in public. 

Morgan complaining to Jakeson that he should have made the thugs suffer (instead of just shooting them dead) makes me wish Morgan had been in the line of fire. 

Sloane needs to be shot in the ego. It really seems to all come down to that he's mad he's not going to get laid again. He's so very unworthy of Anna's attention.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

I thought Patrick was a brain surgeon??? 

I hope Carly burns that ugly ass dress.

Poor Sonny getting shot. Its not like he chose to be apart of the mob or anything.

TJ calling Sonny a hero *gag*

Maxie was talking sense in that everyone needs to stay away from Sonny.

• Love 1

I thought Patrick was a brain surgeon???

I hope Carly burns that ugly ass dress.

Poor Sonny getting shot. Its not like he chose to be apart of the mob or anything.

TJ calling Sonny a hero *gag*

Maxie was talking sense in that everyone needs to stay away from Sonny.

You mean, Maxie was self-righteously telling people to stay away from Sonny, while she planned a wedding in his home?

Patrick is a douche, first. Then a neurosurgeon. Then anything the hospital needs because all the other characters on the show are mobsters or have no job.

• Love 2

So for a show and a half the director and camera crew did a first rate job of blocking TeCa's bump, since her character isn't pregnant yet. Then they must have got bored so they had her bounce a baby off the bump. Bonus, TeCa fumbled the bouncing even though the actress has a child of her own. Nice.

I am really hoping Sonny dies for realz.

Edited by Happyshooter
  • Love 2

Lol at Sam, "Sonny's not going to make it." We're not that lucky. 

Michael I want to hit, this should be proving you right about the baby. TJ got taken hostage for being connected to Sonny. Grab Sabrina, the baby and leave to gi back to the Q's.

Sloan was right, Anna is so against what Nikolas did with the votes she wants justice for that while she committed murder and Sloan covered it up for her. She's a hypocrite.

• Love 1

My favorite character today was Patrick, who was so eager for a known mobster and murderer to make it and "pull through" but wanted to kill a teenage boy last year.

oh God, for real? This is the second day in a row I've asked you that. 

I was all ready to give Maxie props for her questioning the mob life - and that her remarks made that stupid twist Sabrina realize she might have made a huge mistake advising Michael to give custody of Avery back to Sonny - but then she had to go and talk shit about AJ and about Michael's relationship with him.

Wait, Maxie talked shit about AJ and Michael or Sabrina did?

oh God, for real? This is the second day in a row I've asked you that.

I pretty much say "for real" every day I watch this wreck of a show.

But, yes, that happened.

My other favorite lines were Maxie's "Aren't babies incredible?" while she doesn't give a crap about her own baby.

And Dante's "My father has been shot!"

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
And Dante's "My father has been shot!"

Maybe this whole "knocked up my wife's (and my brothers') cousin" thing isn't so bad after all. Child with Valerie >>>>>> worrying over Sonny.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1