Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think where dubbel zout is coming from - and she can correct me if I'm wrong - is not that Valerie is not right per se, but more the writers always pull this "well if x hadn't done this y would not have had sex" and it's a cliche at this point, because when it comes down to it, what would have really prevented y and z from having sex is if y and z had some self-control. And I actually agree with Valerie that they wouldn't've had sex if Dillon hadn't gone with Lulu, but she can't say that with any certainty, and neither can I, even though that's what I think. If Lulu and Dillon hadn't gone away, maybe Dante and Valerie would have constructed some other scenario in which they told themselves it was okay to have sex in the moment. So technically blaming Dillon, especially when he barely knew of Valerie's existence at the time (and Dante's for that matter), is a little much. 

But like you said, it was just a segueway anyway, so I have officially given it more than the writer did, probably.

Yes, another reason I commented on it was just that:  It was a segue into the primary point of that conversation - that Valerie is attempting to put her what happened behind her and move on in a positive direction.  And a big part of that positive direction is making new friends.  I'd much prefer to focus on the positives from her scene than on one segue line. 

• Love 1

That reminds me, was Dillon just talking in general daddy and son metaphors when he said that Paul wasn't there for when he broke his arm in football? Cause I'm pretty sure Dillon never played football.

Yeah, SC's Dillon was adorkable, and not the kid who played little league or football. He was in high school on this show! Damn writers.

• Love 3

Sam talking about Danny liking to "take risks" like his father... 

I think it's the just Show wanting us to remind the audience again that Jake and Danny are both just like Jason - in looks and what they like (Danny takes high jumps, Jake loves motorcycles.) Reminds me of the eye-roll worthy statement from Monica (after the little boy was off GH) that she used to see Jake follow/run after big brother Cameron "just like Jason used to with AJ."

I totally missed the line that little Jake is going to summer camp. Seriously?! If anything, Liz should go on a private vacation with her sons to see how Jake responds to various scenarios - after getting some insights into how he spent the last four years. Major parenting fail.

• Love 5

Yeah, I had to laugh that Liz got her son back after 4 years and after a week at home sends him off to camp. What was the point of bringing back this devil child if he would just be off screen like every other kid. Not that I want to see him on screen.

• Love 11

Maybe someone should stop the toddler before he climbs his way up the porch railing to jump off instead of spending the time it takes him to get up there marveling over how "OMG, he's just like Jason!!"?  

Is this still the same day where Jake(son) said he took the kids to camp?  Did they send RETURNED FROM THE DEAD Jake to camp?!?!

I hope he's teaching the rest of the camp kids whatever skills he learned from Helena and her henchmen. 

• Love 9

Maybe someone should stop the toddler before he climbs his way up the porch railing to jump off instead of spending the time it takes him to get up there marveling over how "OMG, he's just like Jason!!"?  

Mac and Felicia should get on that.

• Love 7

Well, maybe they'll stop him before he tries to climb up onto a motorcycle. Or not. Who knows in this town of stupid pod people.

As for Jake, I'm sure he is at a very special camp with counselors trained to deal with undead children. And I'm sure he has a few bodyguards to make sure Helena doesn't come back to grab him. Yep, Liz is aces as a mom!

Did they ever find out whose kidney Joss has??

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3
Did they ever find out whose kidney Joss has??

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried telling us that Joss never needed a kidney.  It was all a long con by Helena.  But what about the surgery Joss had? 

Commercial

Oh, wow, Helena did all that? 

• Love 9

I hope he's teaching the rest of the camp kids whatever skills he learned from Helena and her henchmen. 

Honey what did you make at camp today? It looks like some sort of egg....

Duh Mommmy, it's a cryo chamber used to house the bodies of our presumed dead loved ones.

I am still giggling over that fucking spoiler saying "Patrick fills in Jake about Liz and Sam's history" when pretty much all he said was "Yeah, Liz was involved with Jason, that didn't work out, and he married Sam"....I am pretty sure that Jake figured that out on his own...I mean the dude is dumb as a box of rocks, but even Morgan would understand that.  I guess they really didn't want to reuse the "Patrick has an update on Hayden's condition" for the 3rd or 4th time. 

• Love 3

I guess they really didn't want to reuse the "Patrick has an update on Hayden's condition" for the 3rd or 4th time.

That's my favorite Patrick spoiler. I imagine JT burning his script with KeMo asking, "Don't you need that?" And JT's all, *sideeye*

• Love 8

Is this still the same day where Jake(son) said he took the kids to camp?  Did they send RETURNED FROM THE DEAD Jake to camp?!?!

He'll get sent back when the other lil campers begin to "mysteriously" disappear

• Love 3

As much as I hate this Jason story, I do have to give props to BH, she's continuing to sell Liz on the verge of a breakdown. It doesn't excuse her actions, and I don't even know if that's what TPTB want, but I like she's doing it.

The one thing I have to give the "Liz and The Lie" story is that it is a pretty traditionally soapy story.  And BH is just killing it - we're talking Emmy-worthy performance here.  I have to hand it to her - the woman has a severe and very real fear that this story is going to "Tony Jones" her, but she is not holding back a single bit.

• Love 10

I swear, this show has literally no good stories. You think you're in the clear when you get a break from Franco, Nina and Kiki, and then you have to deal with this Liz crap which is truly abominable. She's a literal soul-sucker. I'm surprised she hasn't burst into flames by now. She's nauseating. If I was a JaSam fan, I'd be rightfully pissed. Ron has really screwed them over. Even after the reveal happens, there's going to be too much time and too much done to salvage the relationship to get it back to where it was. And not that I care, because Jason sucked and should have stayed kicked into that harbor, but I can very much see why they've tuned out and stopped watching. It's just gross that she's playing god, and choosing to mess with people's lives this way for the sole purpose of getting what she wants.

Liez wants Jakeson's peen more than her kids.

I'm reminded of the time she left an injured Toddler Jake in the hospital so she could go climb Nik. 

I want to know what the stories are going to be once all of these lies eventually come out. Let's just turn the damn page and move on. I really must be a masochist. It's the only reason I can come up with as to why I'm still watching.

• Love 1

This show is shit. *swimming to barge* I will keep up with this forum though, since I can't seem to quit you.

Word. Every day I delete the show without watching after all the comments, but I just can't quit this board. So much entertainment!

• Love 4

I am not even recording anymore, but still come here most days. It all sounds completely insane and unwatchable, but I am looking forward to seeing what y'all have say about the new writers. I have started watching again before!!

• Love 2

I think Valerie and Dollar Store might have actual chemistry. 

If that's so, then kiss them goodbye. This show seems determined to have the most spark-free couples (if you want to call them couples since there's no real romance) ever. I know...RC. But I have no hope with JP/SA, no matter what Vicki Dummer is claiming.

• Love 2

If that's so, then kiss them goodbye. This show seems determined to have the most spark-free couples (if you want to call them couples since there's no real romance) ever. I know...RC. But I have no hope with JP/SA, no matter what Vicki Dummer is claiming.

I think most of the couples on the show have decent chemistry, it's just they have such bad writing.

But I think the concept of chemistry is overrated, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

• Love 3

It was Big Jake that took all three boys to camp and told Liz about it after he woke her up with a cup of coffee the other day, and said that he hoped it was okay since little Jake wanted to be with his brothers.

Liz's story is way too similar to what RC did on OLTL with Brody/Liam/Natalie,  and that ended with Brody checking himself into St. Ann's.  I just hope we don't see Liz or any woman being punted off to the looney bin,,well, except for Sonny.

Sam, STFU.  Liz was trying to tell you the truth and you just kept on flapping your gums.

Excellent scenes today between BH and KeMo and BM and JT.

• Love 2
Sam, STFU.  Liz was trying to tell you the truth and you just kept on flapping your gums.

LOL! Yes, it's Sam's fault that Liz continues  lying. If Liz wanted to reveal the truth she would have. She really had some nerve praying to God about her nonsense. 

Edited by thewhiteowl
edited misogynist slur
  • Love 5

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried telling us that Joss never needed a kidney.  It was all a long con by Helena.  But what about the surgery Joss had? 

Commercial

Oh, wow, Helena did all that? 

Nailed it. This show has to jettison the non-reveal reveals.

Although we MIGHT find out who Brad's wife is this week, although knowing SHOW, she might be in the shadows with a disguised voice behind a door and POV of the wife.

What was the point of bringing back this devil child if he would just be off screen like every other kid

The MOMENT I saw that I thought it a done at Tony Gary's insistence to make Luke more the hero.

I think most of the couples on the show have decent chemistry, it's just they have such bad writing

Let me know when the t-shirts will be available for sale!

The MOMENT I saw that I thought it a done at Tony Gary's insistence to make Luke more the hero.

But Geary hated that Luke was a hero. He didn't like Luke being a hero. Wanted him to wear the black hat, so it makes no sense to me why Geary would insist on leaving the show as a good guy.

• Love 1

Liz's story is way too similar to what RC did on OLTL with Brody/Liam/Natalie,  and that ended with Brody checking himself into St. Ann's.  I just hope we don't see Liz or any woman being punted off to the looney bin,,well, except for Sonny.

Except, for me, I felt horrible for Brody, who was adorable with Liam and who was slowly but surely shoved under the bus for John and Ford.

While with Liz, I look forward to her being exposed and humiliated.  And I used to really like Liz!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I agree. I have thought that since they first shared a scene.

Also, I think we should all just call Dillon Dollar Store now. Not even Dollar Store Dillon, just Dollar Store.

This Dillon is so boring and so bland and so without any of the personality that SC's Dillon had, that I almost wish they had cast John Paul Lavoisier instead.

Almost.

Why does this show constantly need to prove that it can scrape lower than the bottom of the barrel?

• Love 1

I do have to issue an apology to NuDillon. When his face is in close-up, his lips are indeed a little bit pink. Sorry, NuDillon, sorry! But from far away they do look like the same color.

I'm slloooowly thawing on NuDillon, but you can't tell me they could not have gotten someone better. 

• Love 5

I really don't think that's the case.  TG loved Luke being dark.  And I'm almost positive that he was critical of the idea to bring Jake back from the dead in one of the interviews he did on his way out. 

I think it was Ron who felt like Luke needed to be polished up on his way out.  TG would have preferred to go out with Luke being as dark as possible. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 6

I really don't think that's the case.  TG loved Luke being dark.  And I'm almost positive that he was critical of the idea to bring Jake back from the dead in one of the interviews he did on his way out. 

I think it was Ron who felt like Luke needed to be polished up on his way out.  TG would have preferred to go out with Luke being as dark as possible. 

It was always a "cool" dark with TG though. Like, for some reason, Luke couldn't be an alcoholic because . . . ?

• Love 1

Yeah, I had to laugh that Liz got her son back after 4 years and after a week at home sends him off to camp.

For real! I thought this kid was gonna lock himself in the attic and start speaking in broken Russian and eating his own hair. That would be realistic! It would actually be solid character-driven story. But no, Jake's undead and he's already out of sight, out of mind! Welcome back to human society! Time to go to camp!

It was always a "cool" dark with TG though. Like, for some reason, Luke couldn't be an alcoholic because . . . ?

Luke has too much control over his edge. He's a master of edging.

• Love 2

Except, for me, I felt horrible for Brody, who was adorable with Liam and who was slowly but surely shoved under the bus for John and Ford.

While with Liz, I look forward to her being exposed and humiliated.  And I used to really like Liz!

I love Liz.  I hate that RC had to throw in the lie when Jake/Jason should figure out his own memories.

I love Liz.  I hate that RC had to throw in the lie when Jake/Jason should figure out his own memories.

• Love 4

Welcome back to human society! Time to go to camp!

Liz: Gram, I juuust got engaged so can you hang on to the boys for a week?

Audrey: But Liz, I caught little Jake saying something about poisoning all the juice boxes at camp with arsenic.  I really think you should come pick him up.

Liz: Great, tell the boys I love them and I'll see them in September.  K thanks bye!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

This Dillon is so boring and so bland and so without any of the personality that SC's Dillon had, that I almost wish they had cast John Paul Lavoisier instead.

I have to believe this was a Frank Valentini casting job, because the guy is so like so many dudes he's brought onto shows - handsome, great body, serviceable acting at best. (Longtimers will recall the Mikey Jerome "I Want to Be a Soap Star" debacle at OLTL, which FV was directly responsible for.) He always thinks he can train beautiful people to be good. That was a common practice and sometimes very true back in the day on soaps, but his show does not have that kind of rehearsal time. I can't believe Mark Teschner had anything to do with this.

FV has a type and this guy is it at a glance.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

It was NOT Liz that took Jake to camp.  Jake/Jason took his son to camp and notified Liz, afterwards!

So?  Nothing was stopping her from going to get him, but she wanted to lounge around with Jake(son).

The way they're handling Jake's return from the dead is just horrible.

• Love 7

So?  Nothing was stopping her from going to get him, but she wanted to lounge around with Jake(son).

When you've got three kids (it's three, right? I'm not forgetting one?) and one just came back from the filthy embrace of the grave, you have to grab that amnesia dick when and where you can! I got two hours of sleep.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

I'm sorry for posting this now but I am totally behind from being on vacation!  I just had to comment on Luke and his exit from the show.  I think it's really stupid that tptb pretty much erased all of Luke's crimes and totally rewrote his whole history so he could go out as a hero.  So now he didn't rape Laura, that was Fluke.  He didn't drive drunk and kill Jake, Jake is perfectly fine.  It just really irritated me that now Luke is supposed to be some sort of saint, when in actuality he was a very flawed, dark character.  I do like and respect Tony Geary so I hope he enjoys his retirement!

I am glad Laura is gone because she gets on my nerves with all her sanctimonious bs and her resting cry face.  Good riddance!

So totally over Jakeson I can't even tell you!  I really want him to remember being Jason Quartermaine.  But at this point I will settle for him remembering anything!

• Love 2

For real! I thought this kid was gonna lock himself in the attic and start speaking in broken Russian and eating his own hair. That would be realistic! It would actually be solid character-driven story. But no, Jake's undead and he's already out of sight, out of mind! Welcome back to human society! Time to go to camp!

OMG, I would pay for a scene where Li'l Jake talks to Nikolas in Russian.* (Just a "What's up with her?" "I have no idea.") Even better, if Spencer doesn't know Russian, and Li'l Jake tosses off an off-hand "peasant."

I would also welcome Jake, throughout the years, randomly cursing in Russian or talking back to LIz in Russian. C'mon, they can find a child actor in LA who speaks Russian.  Just ask Kelly Monaco to ask her former dancing partner, Val.**  Or throw a rock in Los Felix.

*Ok, he's Ukranian, but we're close.

• Love 3

When you've got three kids (it's three, right? I'm not forgetting one?) and one just came back from the filthy embrace of the grave, you have to grab that amnesia dick when and where you can! I got two hours of sleep.

Big Jake may count at this point. "No Nikolas! I can't let Sam change Jason's diaper! He might remember everything!!!"

• Love 1

LOL! Yes, it's Sam's fault that Liz continues  lying. If Liz wanted to reveal the truth she would have. She really had some nerve praying to God about her nonsense. 

Actually I think the praying was a good scene in showing her (verbally, to herself) on the verge of a breakdown - that any of the progress she made after the Niz affair and losing her son has gone out the window in her desire for Jason to love her/fulfill her happy family fantasy. This is similar to the scene of her going to LnL2's teenage vow church on Valentine's Day, after Lucky confronted Niz about their affair. It's all about an emotionally unhealthy woman with a pattern of self-destruction wanting to feel whole, loved, part of a family. 

The Sam-Liz scene was well done in showing that A) Sam really wants to believe she loves Patrick, has moved on, and is being supportive of Liz because she believes their old rivalry about Jason is long gone. B) Liz feels incredibly guilty, is clinging to a scenario which isn't truly making her happy, and desperately wants to believe her deception is okay because Sam is telling her she looovees Patrick and is creating a happy life. Two women deluding themselves about love in a hospital chapel (in theory a sacred place) and not calling each other female degrading names maybe the least offensive thing I've seen on GH in a while. It's certainly soapy. 

• Love 4

At this point I'm 99% not even caring about how many breakdowns Liz has had. It's an ongoing pattern that keeps repeating with minor variations, the character never evolves and I'm tired of it. Whatever point Ron hoped to make about Liz's character and her growth or lack thereof was lost the first time he rushed the plot point with Liz hiding Danny's paternity from Jason in 2012. This is far worse. I like Becky Herbst and want Liz around but I'm so tired of seeing this storyline and I am so tired of her bullshit.

See also: Ric, who I previously found to be a versatile schemer who could do basically anything. He's been mired in schlock with Liz, Jason, Hayden and now Donna Mills, Franco and Nina for a year and it's ruined him. He can go anyday.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7
Yeah, I had to laugh that Liz got her son back after 4 years and after a week at home sends him off to camp.

Typical Ron. A plot point has served its purpose, so there's no need to follow through.

FV has a type and this guy is it at a glance.

FV loves the jar-of-mayonnaise types. Good lord, they're all so bland.

how many breakdowns Liz has had

I hate that it's always the wimmins who have the breakdowns and always from an emotional upheaval. The men get the "noble" reasons—chemical imbalance, tumors—but the wimmins are just hysterics! Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Two women deluding themselves about love in a hospital chapel

That's exactly what it was. Sam trying to convince herself that she's moved on and in love with Patrick now (while bawling about fireworks and motorcycles) and Liz trying to convince herself that Jason was brought back exclusively for her.

Which, LOL, for everyone who claims that Liz and Patrick are besties who talk about everything, he seems to have forgotten to tell her that ROBIN left him to bring JASON back to SAM and DANNY.

But why do that when he can just randomly tell the town she's shopping in Paris!

• Love 2