Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Was it a beach ball or an empathy belly Lulu was using? My guess is beach ball because you can deflate it and hide it up your ass in case you ever need one. I hope it didn't come from Luke's ass for the sake of the person who had to blow it up.

She should have asked Maxie if she could borrow "Pillowena."

• Love 6
(edited)

As much as it pains me to say it, I was thisclose to saying "Fuck you!" to Michael because of his returning Avery to Sonny, which still pisses me off, but it was only Michael's scenes with Jakeson that stopped me. Given all the nasty shit that Nik's pulled for the past few months, it's about time that he suffers for it and if it takes Michael, Jakeson & Sam to do it, then so be it.

That said, I'm beyond pissed at Michael for giving Avery back to Sonny. To paraphrase Tyra Banks, "I was rooting for you, Michael! Most of us were rooting for you!" Instead of giving Sonny what he wants, you should've given his a choice-either Avery or the Mob, because he shouldn't have both, for way too many reasons. You should've told Sonny that if he wants Avery back in his life, then he has to take the Mob out of it.

Fuck you, Sabrina. Whatever cool points you may have gotten from me for your loyalty to Michael you lost when you not only told him to give Avery back to Sonny, you presumed to speak for AJ! Bitch, you not only didn't know AJ, you've never even met him in the first place IIRC, so how do you know what he would've wanted for Michael!?  From my perspective, what AJ would've wanted Michael to do is to protect Avery from Sonny, in the way that he couldn't protect Michael from him.

As far as I'm concerned, comparing Sonny to Franco is like comparing Jason Voorhees to Michael Myers.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 17

The contrived, nonsensical writing in the Dante/Lulu story is just bad.  Dante flew to Vancouver, snooped around for five seconds, and flew back without confronting Lulu?  That's so stupid, no normal person would do that!  And Lulu lives for adrenaline?  Since when!  Babies and apologizing for Luke, maybe...

Trotting out Spencer of all people to give Nikolas a morality check, ridiculous.  Wither Alexis?

The Luke/Ethan lovefest did nothing for me.

• Love 9

Valerie looks very pretty today! Still don't support any cheating, but she is pretty. 

I mean, maybe Dante doesn't cheat - although the promo makes it seem likely - but if he doesn't, he actually does have a legitimate grievance here - Lulu left him and Rocco with no particular end date where she wasn't needed, and in fact, just ended up taken hostage herself, and brought along Dillon, who I don't understand why he needed to be taken along in the first place. She left him to play adventure when she was specifically told to stay away. It's not like with Robin where she went to help kids with HIV. So yeah if Dante actually has sex with Valerie some more it'll pretty much invalidate whatever grievance he has.

lol at Emme Rylan being Nathan Parsons' younger sister.

No lol at Ethan's pants. NO. Horrible. Perhaps he can give them to Kiki, who looks like she has no pants on :waves to the poster who is enjoying the no-pants look:

Morgan is so awful: No, I can't tell my dad I don't have feelings for you, because it would be a lie dammit and I need to keep my options open even though I keep saying I can't.

Yes dirty dodge I remember the time you first came onto the Haunted Star and you were obnoxious and annoying.

Ah, the pressure bomb. So convenient for the show with no budget.

CoCo taught Spencer the meaning of love? Um okay. Fine! I'll go with it, whatever. 

Nikolas telling Spencer he did it all for him was outta the Stefan playbook. Tyler looks so good, why does Nikolas have to be so nonsensical. 

The Dante stuff makes me seethe because it's almost like he wants the Lulu stuff to be true so he can screw Valerie.

Do you think so? I really don't think he wants it to be true. But I'm biased. But I could also see how someone sees that. But I really think it came across like he couldn't bear the possibility of seeing them/it could be true so he got the hell out of the there. I think if he wanted to screw Valerie that badly he would have gone to her.

The contrived, nonsensical writing in the Dante/Lulu story is just bad.  Dante flew to Vancouver, snooped around for five seconds, and flew back without confronting Lulu?  That's so stupid, no normal person would do that!  And Lulu lives for adrenaline?  Since when!  Babies and apologizing for Luke, maybe...

I feel funny when I defend the writing, but Dante did say "that side hadn't come out in years" and yeah with Emme Rylan it's been mostly babiez, but you did see a little when Johnny popped back up in January, and before that Lulu was always complaining about how she didn't get to go on adventures with her family.

It's all happening waaaaay too fast though.

Oh, I forgot: no Carly. No. Don't pretend you care about Dante and Lulu's marriage.

• Love 7
(edited)

Spencer was replaced with a doppelganger. 

There's absolutely no reason why Franco and Ava Denise need to be on this much. Or ever. It feels like 2013 all over again. 

It seems like Dante is just looking for reasons to fuck Valerie. Either that or he's just fucking stupid as hell. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3
(edited)

I feel funny when I defend the writing, but Dante did say "that side hadn't come out in years" and yeah with Emme Rylan it's been mostly babiez, but you did see a little when Johnny popped back up in January, and before that Lulu was always complaining about how she didn't get to go on adventures with her family.

You would know better than me, but I don't recall Lulu lusting for adventure at any point during their relationship.  I mean, I guess there was dumb shit like the bordello tour, but that falls more under "apologizing for Luke" than "lusting for an adrenaline high".  Dante was talking about it like it was a problem they constantly faced in their relationship, but not really, right?

Edited by TeeVee329

You would know better than me, but I don't recall Lulu lusting for adventure at any point during their relationship.  I mean, I guess there was dumb shit like the bordello tour, but that falls more under "apologizing for Luke" than "lusting for an adrenaline high".  Dante was talking about it like it was a problem they constantly faced in their relationship, but not really, right?

It's not really. Because after she chased? Went with Dante to Ireland? All of a sudden she came out with, how she likes Adventure, Risk, blah, blah, blah...that I didn't really pay attention, other than to say "since when?"

It all smacked of jealousy over Lucky having had been on the run with Luke and Laura and having adventures.

• Love 1

And then, ironically, there was the time where, before they got married and after Dante had been injured, she wanted Dante to quit being a cop (or stay permanently on desk duty) because it was too dangerous.  (Obviously, he refused)

• Love 1
(edited)

Just caught up on DVR. Dante did the right thing if GH was related to real life. He went looking for his wife, and saw the evidence. Not only did she peace out on him and Rocco, but she is sleeping with another man. Confronting them would lead to a domestic arrest, and loss of his badge.

Go home, change the locks, and hire the best child custody lawyer in town. Clean half the money out of the bank accounts and stop the direct deposit. All meetings are at the attorney's offices in front of witnesses. Put in a  camera and mike outside the door, with the feed going to a data store in the cloud.

Edited by Happyshooter
  • Love 3

It all smacked of jealousy over Lucky having had been on the run with Luke and Laura and having adventures.

I always found this to be interesting about Lulu. Its sad that she knows she is not her fathers favorite. Doesn't explain why she apologizes for his shitty behavior time and time again. 

• Love 5

I replied in the history thread cause the transcript was making the post a bit long. And it deals with history, so. 

Spencer was replaced with a doppelganger. 

There's absolutely no reason why Franco and Ava Denise need to be on this much. Or ever. It feels like 2013 all over again. 

It seems like Dante is just looking for reasons to fuck Valerie. Either that or he's just fucking stupid as hell. 

I'll give this to the writers, you can wank it either way (that he is just looking for reasons to screw Valerie or he really just couldn't take seeing them).

There are no two ways about it though that he is indeed, fucking stupid as hell. 

(edited)

Oh! I forgot - I spent the whole episode wondering why Spencer had a tear streak on his face until he mentioned the fiya. I was like, "am I supposed to be thinking he was weeping over Nikolas stealing ELQ???"

I should add, I don't think it's adventure Lulu lusts for so much as her fear that domestication and married life make her "not a real Spencer".

ETA: And when Dante brought up Dillon taking her back to the time of the girl she used to be, it was with Dillon she went on the big Markham Islands adventure with. 

Speaking of unreal and real Spencers, still not over Ethan's jeans.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Do you think so? I really don't think he wants it to be true. But I'm biased. But I could also see how someone sees that. But I really think it came across like he couldn't bear the possibility of seeing them/it could be true so he got the hell out of the there. I think if he wanted to screw Valerie that badly he would have gone to her.

I think it's completely unrealistic of Dante not to confront or talk to Lulu first. They should have had Dillon and Lulu pretend to be together (ala Robin/Nik in 2007), IMO. It gives Dante a bit of an out. The current story doesn't for me. He looks bad. Like, Patrick bad. I don't expect most of the audience to see it my way, though, so there's that.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think it's completely unrealistic too but if the writers wanted us to think Dante was just making up reasons he wouldn't even take the wormhole to Canada in the first place.

But agree it would have made more sense for Dante to see them pretending to be a couple. Who knows, maybe he will say that he was just using it as an excuse to screw Valerie.

Edited by ulkis

Oh! I forgot - I spent the whole episode wondering why Spencer had a tear streak on his face until he mentioned the fiya. I was like, "am I supposed to be thinking he was weeping over Nikolas stealing ELQ???"

He is hideous!  I almost had to shut off the tv I was so disgusted.  My gosh, I can't believe he is allowed in public.

That is the silliest burn scar I have ever seen.  Blink and you'll miss it.  I can't believe the child lived through that trauma.

I was surprisingly happy to see Ethan too, and I never cared about him either way.

• Love 2

After Franco, Nina, Kiki . . . he's like a breath of fresh air almost. Which is disturbing because most of the time Ethan looked like he smelled anything but fresh.

• Love 5

I just can't believe that Dante didn't at least leave a voicemail or send an email saying "I saw the hotel room, I know you're cheating with Dillion" or something. It doesn't seem at all like him to just not say anything to her. She could get the message right before getting captured or something, add to the drama a little. The way they're telling this story makes Dante look bad, and that makes him unsympathetic.

Not that I spend a lot of time thinking about these sort of things, but if I was ever pulling someone off a pressure bomb, I'd pull them toward the door not shove us both into a far corner of the room.

• Love 6
(edited)

Not that I spend a lot of time thinking about these sort of things, but if I was ever pulling someone off a pressure bomb, I'd pull them toward the door not shove us both into a far corner of the room.

Yeah, my mind went right to that scene in Lethal Weapon (Hey! if this was a movie....) when Murtaugh was stuck on the toilet that was rigged to explode and Riggs pulled him into the bathtub because it could absorb the impact. But given that Ron's last bomb exploded in the basement without damaging the Spencer home AT ALL! maybe three feet away was a safe distance?

The Dante stuff is just so contrived and so completely out of character. And I'm still trying to figure out why Morgan is keeping clothes at Kiki's, because its for damn sure those sweats didn't belong to Silas.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 1

Lulu didn't lust for adrenaline; her issue with adventure was more about feeling like a "real" Spencer/missing out the Spencer Family adventure years that were before her time which Lucky had with their parents, and that Lucky was raised by Laura while Grandma Lesley raised Lulu (because Laura was in a catatonic state). I kinda think Lulu figures she's a poor excuse for a Spencer if she's not in on Operation Rescue Lucky, so she just showed up after she was told not to. I get that she's genuinely worried about her brother, but the assumption that she can help because she's a Spencer is ludicrous.

• Love 3

I kept on waiting for Dante to throw his beer bottle the way Sonny tosses barware proving along with being short and liking pasta, he is indeed his father's son.

Well, there was that time last week when he threw his cell phone at the wall.

• Love 1
(edited)

Lulu didn't lust for adrenaline; her issue with adventure was more about feeling like a "real" Spencer/missing out the Spencer Family adventure years.

But does Lulu potentially having an affair with Dillon really fit then?  That's not really tied to any lust for adrenaline/Spencer adventures.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Dante stuff is just so contrived and so completely out of character. And I'm still trying to figure out why Morgan is keeping clothes at Kiki's, because its for damn sure those sweats didn't belong to Silas.

I actually find Dante's behavior really gross in relation to Valerie. She is alone and vulnerable because her mother died three months ago. And he's using her vulnerability to sooth his pain sexually. That's gross.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 13

But does Lulu potentially having an affair with Dillon really fit then?  That's not really tired to any lust for adrenaline/Spencer adventures.

If I tilt my head to the side and squint one eye, I can maybe see that, from Dante's perspective, Lulu sleeping with someone else would be an "adventure", in the sense that it would be an escape from him and the baby and domestic life. Sort of.

• Love 2

But does Lulu potentially having an affair with Dillon really fit then?  That's not really tired to any lust for adrenaline/Spencer adventures.

kinda, yeah. Dante mentioned it today - that being around Dillon maybe took her back to when she was a "bad girl". And Dillon is the one who she went on the Markham Islands adventure with. (It was lame, but definitely one of the better adventure stories GH has attempted in the last decade, imo.)

(edited)

I actually find Dante's behavior really gross in relation to Valerie. She is alone and vulnerable because her mother died three months ago. And he's using her vulnerability to sooth his pain sexually. That's gross.

Very good point.  It's only been a few months since her mom's passing and her world getting turned upside down, those scars don't go away easily, especially given the lack of support from the Spencers at large.

But if we talked about that, it'd be harder to make this all Valerie's fault, right, Maxie?

Speaking of Spencers, where is Bobbie?  She has no part in Luke's farewell tour?

kinda, yeah. Dante mentioned it today - that being around Dillon maybe took her back to when she was a "bad girl". And Dillon is the one who she went on the Markham Islands adventure with. (It was lame, but definitely one of the better adventure stories GH has attempted in the last decade, imo.)

But Lulu and Dillon were never some hot and heavy couple, having steamy sex in-between wild adventures.  That's what doesn't track.  It made more sense with Johnny earlier in the year.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Wasnt' there a time, around the bordello and then when Luke was in some Turkish prison, where Lulu was all adrenaline junky and then later calmed down into the baby rabies stuff.  I vaguely remember something along those lines, which would make what Dante said to be mostly true, to his recollection.  

But Lulu and Dillon were never some hot and heavy couple, having steamy sex in-between wild adventures.  That's what doesn't track.  It made more sense with Johnny earlier in the year.

no, but Dante doesn't know that. She did tell him all about how she was desperate to get him though (when she was telling him how her abortion came about) and he does know about the Markham Islands. (Of course, do the writers know he knows? That is the question).

I mean, the dialogue itself wasn't Dante knowing for sure. He was just trying to guess WHY she would go off with Dillon.

It's a hatchet job, but I've seen worse hatchet jobs on this show.

• Love 2
(edited)

I"m okay with Michel giving back Avery and completley removing himself from the Corinthos issues.  Now the story belongs to Sonny and Ava.  As long as Michael still has not forgiven Sonny, then I'm good with it.  He's still calling himself a Quartermaine, living in the Q house, and fighting for ELQ.  I was impressed that RC managed to keep the story going for half a year when I expected him to crack after two weeks.  Michael mending fences with Morgan is good, but he has not forgiven Sonny.  That's good for me.

I HATE Valerie, and she is SO after Dante.  He is clearly drunk and upset, and she's again reaching out to hold his hand and her "Will you please just have sex with me already" eyes.  Dante was home alone when Ms. I-have-to-have-sex with you arrived upset that she's been calling him nonstop and he won't pick up.  Here's an idea, Valerie, why don't you call Nathan?  If you want to be a real friend, why not get his buddy involved instead of making sure that your the only shoulder Dante ever leans on?  Ugh!  I hate her.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 9
(edited)

Jasus, I think I hate Ethan more than @tvgoddess loves Ava, @ulkis loves Dante, and @cattitude (where she at?) loves Det. Special Kitty combined. And on top of that Spenthaw is in the episode AND lecturing someone about love?!?

It's too bad "throwing your remote at your tv while watching 'General Hospital'" isn't covered by Samsung's warranty.

From the bottom of my cold, black heart I sincerely hope that Helena or Frank Smith or Angel Sorrel or whoever is behind this riddles Ethan's body with bullets, then decapitates him, then burns the body, and then launches the ashes into the sun.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5
(edited)

I mean, the dialogue itself wasn't Dante knowing for sure. He was just trying to guess WHY she would go off with Dillon.

Maybe he should have stayed in Vancouver longer for five minutes and asked her. ;)

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Good point.  This woman just lost her mother, and now, if she sleeps with Dante, there are decent odds that the family she does have left is going to look at her with scorn for being the "tramp who slept with her cousin's husband."   She doesn't need the kind of emotional upheaval that goes with being in this role when she's still likely recovering from losing the only family she's ever really known.  

As for Lulu, I think her adventure desire is absolutely tied to that whole Spencer thing, versus her actually genuinely being an adrenaline junkie.  She knows that her father resents settling down like they did shortly before having Lulu (because Heaven knows he's not a good enough father to her to not make that clear to her).  She probably feels like the reason she's the "lesser" child to Luke is because he sees her as the reason the family couldn't go on their adventures anymore.  So if she goes on adventures now, she's somehow proving herself to him and showing him that she's not the anchor dragging the family down anymore.  And then, maybe, he'll love her as much as he loves Lucky.  

That also ties into why she's listening to Luke's "we can't tell Dante, he's a cop!" thing.   She loves Dante, but she knows Luke's scorn for the police.  So she's not going to be the one who brings a cop in against her father's wishes, even if that cop is her husband.  It's stupid, but it's the only reason I can think of for her being dumb enough to go along with that whole thing.  

I lost a few posts I was quoting, but someone suggested that Dante should have at least left Lulu a message that he'd seen the hotel room, so she knows what he's thinking before he goes off and screws her cousin.  And that would have made him look a lot less icky, in my opinion.  If he left the message, but Lulu didn't get it (or got it right before she was taken hostage and didn't get a chance to respond), then we'd have Dante at home thinking "well, her not even bothering to call back and dispute it tells me all I need to know."  Then, at least, it's reasonable for him to think their marriage is over. Right now, as bad as the hotel room thing looked, he still has no genuine proof and hasn't given her a chance to explain.   Plus, he's a cop, and what he knows right now is that Laura showed up unexpectedly, she and Luke then dropped this out of the blue "reunion" on Tracy in the middle of Luke and Tracy celebrating being together again.  Now, Luke, Laura, Lulu, and Dillon are all out of town with no real communication back home, and what is being communicated back home is a lie.  Yes, he can contemplate that Lulu is having an affair, but shouldn't other possibilities be on his radar?  Especially knowing the Spencer family's history of adventures and all the various bad guys who have been in and out of their lives?  

• Love 8

I'm spoiler free but who do we think is behind this whole mess?  Laura's reaction makes me think Stavros, but darn it, as much as I like RKK, Stavros needs to stay dead.  

• Love 6

Wasnt' there a time, around the bordello and then when Luke was in some Turkish prison, where Lulu was all adrenaline junky and then later calmed down into the baby rabies stuff.  I vaguely remember something along those lines, which would make what Dante said to be mostly true, to his recollection.  

time to show off my crazy fannishness by writing out this timeline

july 2011 - bordello crap

August  - early October 2011 - Lulu breaks up with Dante for keeping Lucky's habit a secret, Dante proposes, he gets shot, she accepts

Oct 2011- Jan 2012 - Lulu is afraid of the dangerrrrr, she starts to develop a "drinking" "problem", they get married

Jan 2012 - May 2012 - the stripper non-mystery, Ronnie holds them hostage, Lulu is all yeah give me some adrenaline

May 2012 - August 2012 - She opens up the HS, she fixed Patrick's "pill" "problem", false pregnancy, they start trying after that.

After that is pretty much the start of the baby rabies

Jasus, I think I hate Ethan more than @tvgoddess loves Ava, @ulkis loves Dante, and @cattitude (where she at?) loves Det. Special Kitty combined. And on top of that Spenthaw is in the episode AND lecturing someone about love?!?

I do think the lad's lisp has improved, so there's that at least.

• Love 1

Plus, he looks like he showered!  I never had a problem with Ethan (loved him with original recipe Kristina), so I was happy to see him, and there was some dust in my eye at one point, maybe the same sawdust that was in Lulu's fake belly (seriously, what was that?).  

she starts to develop a "drinking" "problem

Wow, I do not remember that.  When did she find Luke in the Turkish prison?

• Love 1

That was after Ron took over, right?  Luke went there to try and find out about FonDuke.  And it was in Turkey that Stavros spotted Lulu and became obsessed with her.

Really?  I have to disagree with you there. At one point when he and Nic were talking about being 'cash poor" and Spencer mentioned the loss of "wealth, pwesteege and something, probably status, but it came out like sashes-- and I was trying to figure out what sashes he was referring to, like maybe I missed an episode where he wore a sash of some kind?

• Love 3

That also ties into why she's listening to Luke's "we can't tell Dante, he's a cop!" thing.   She loves Dante, but she knows Luke's scorn for the police.  So she's not going to be the one who brings a cop in against her father's wishes, even if that cop is her husband.  It's stupid, but it's the only reason I can think of for her being dumb enough to go along with that whole thing.

That's another thing that's bothered me amongst all the OOC-ness. I also think it's OOC for Luke not to trust Dante, even despite the crowbar to the head. Luke knows Dante would do anything for Lulu. He knows Lucky trusts him. Maybe he wouldn't want Dante to help but there is no reason he would tell Lulu not to tell him. Doesn't wash.

Plus, he looks like he showered!  I never had a problem with Ethan (loved him with original recipe Kristina), so I was happy to see him, and there was some dust in my eye at one point, maybe the same sawdust that was in Lulu's fake belly (seriously, what was that?).  

I was talking about Spencer, re: the lisp. Ethan was a mumbler :)

Turkish prison was late Jan 2012 I think (you're right teevee. It was right when Ron took over.)

• Love 2

I'm spoiler free but who do we think is behind this whole mess? Laura's reaction makes me think Stavros, but darn it, as much as I like RKK, Stavros needs to stay dead.

MoRon hasn't decided yet.

I can't even remember the details or time frame to the last time Stavros died.