Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I just know that I'm not going to be super-interested in a story that expects me to feel bad for a dude who is limited to talking on the phone to his girlfriend about how much he wants to spend the night with her, and who is sad because he can't actually spend the night with her because his wife is too sick/crazy for him to break up with her.

Silas has already had a number of opportunities to tell Nina what's up with Sam, but he's punted them all. I get not telling her in the park, I guess—it's really a conversation to be had in private. But the beans could have been spilled and they go home to talk about it. But no, Ron finds it more interesting to have Silas wuss out. IMO, Nina might as well find out everything in one swell foop. Dribbling out the details isn't going to make it any easier to hear. Plus, we all know she's going to go BSC anyway, so it's a way to move that along, too.

Most of the time i find Silas to be a forgettable void and when I have cause to notice him, he really doesn't seem like a pleasant person. Even if he was a character I felt invested in or at least liked I would still have less than zero sympathy for his predicament, he's behaving like a jerk. He's stringing two women along because he won't man up and act like a grown up with either of them. Even if his first instinct was to reconcile with Nina, which it isn't, it would still be the right thing to tell her as soon as possible that they he had been in a serious relationship with someone else until her reappearance. I really don't care that he was interrupted by Kiki when he was finally cornered by Nina about whether there was something going on with Sam, she should not have had to ask. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I would say that this is a classic Michael Easton passive-aggressive triangle setup, and that sooner or later someone's gonna get the John McBain Special where they have to physically be the one to put the words in Silas/John's mouth and break up with him, but I don't think that's gonna happen here. I think Nina is playing Silas, I think they brought on Michelle Stafford to go full apeshit, and I think that Nina will take it out of everyone else's hands with some crazy nonsense.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Nina will probably take Sam hostage, and Silas will have to choose which woman he wants. Or Rafe goes nuts and kidnaps them both, with the same outcome. Silas will dither until the very last minute then choose Sam, while Nina either goes out in a blaze of bullets or kills herself (and of course she won't really be dead). 

• Love 2
Even if he was a character I felt invested in or at least liked I would still have less than zero sympathy for his predicament, he's behaving like a jerk. He's stringing two women along because he won't man up and act like a grown up with either of them.

I agree.  His behavior also completely ineffectual.  I mean, if you think your wife is too sick/fragile to be told things, shouldn't you be trying to get her help?  Or at least investigating her condition?  Silas is a doctor.  On a show still ostensibly titled "General Hospital."  Shouldn't he be asking questions about her medical condition?  Checking with people to see if her condition is normal?  Instead, he's just kind of standing around his apartment doing nothing, looking like he's a hostage to an unarmed woman in a wheelchair.  I guess it's par for the course since when Detective Wood was after him for Nina's murder he basically did the same thing--just stood around helplessly while Sam called all the shots and dictated how the situation was going to play out.

Caleb was silly, but at this point I'm rooting for him to come back and seek revenge on his blank space of a brother.  Silas is a dud. 

• Love 3

I don't mind the Sunny/Ava story line being like that of Claudia as some have posted, because I never watched it during that time. I took a long hiatus from GH, only to return last year.

Spoiler alert: Ava is going to end up dead. She will take a bullet, shovel, or other blunt object to the head and her body will be buried in the woods or thrown in a body of water.

• Love 1

Spoiler alert: Ava is going to end up dead. She will take a bullet, shovel, or other blunt object to the head and her body will be buried in the woods or thrown in a body of water.

Only if Shawn isn't tapped to do the job.  Otherwise, the bush next to her will die & the other bushes will grieve tremendously.

• Love 17

I would like to see them surprise us all and take the tack of having Sonny be seduced by Ava anyway, regardless of what she did to Connie - I think that's truer to his perverse nature these days, I think he wants her even now - but I'm not sure they'll go there without his being 'drugged' or some such nonsense. I think it was a mistake to out Ava so soon; they could've played the thing with the two of them for a long time, and I hate pregnancy stories at this point, real or fake. It seems obvious she is on a Claudia track in one way or another, but with the secret out and her still alive one wonders if there is something else in mind, at least for a while.

• Love 1

Idea for Ava:  Kill Sonny.  You're a murderer, and he's threatening your life.  Why waste time killing Carly?

Killing Carly is NEVER a waste of time. Look at my shiny new NULOCH card I got when I moved over here from TWoP. :)

She (Ava) knows Sonny is attracted to her too. It won't be long before those two will be making the earth move again.

STOP putting this out into the universe! Or I'm going to steal money out of your wallet to buy some drugs while having incredibly hilarious facial expressions.

• Love 6
Julian was adorable today.​

Julian is always adorable, in my book.  I mean, sure, he's a bad guy, but he is, to my eye, an extremely attractive bad guy, and I remain enamored with Julian's Briefs.

I always liked Howarth on OLTL when I watched, and I still think he's a good actor and that he has a certain charisma to him.  I just pretend like Franco is a totally new character, and doesn't have any of the murderous/ rapist/ generally crappy guy history.  Instead I just go with what I've seen in the last week or two, and I find that I can kind of enjoy him.

Now that I think about it, I do that with a lot of characters on this show.  I guess that otherwise, there's no way I could keep watching.  So I guess Ron and I have something in common - we both completely ignore history and any true characterization so that we can get through the day to day.  Not sure that I'm proud of that. 

• Love 2

Has Maxie encountered RH's Franco? I vaguely remember some snark between the two about their ONS but I could have imagined it.

They shared scenes during Franco's whole, "Back from the dead with DVD's exonerating me from any wrongdoing that happened to Michael" party.  She was pregnant at the time and he snarked about her getting fat.  

I thought Julian was a total dick and was waiting for Sam to say STFU Sperm Donor. I would not have minded a comment or two to show concern but he kept going on and on, Even dick-whipped Alexis was warning him to stop. Sure, he's good-looking but he was being a total ass. IMO

• Love 1
(edited)

Nina will probably take Sam hostage, and Silas will have to choose which woman he wants. Or Rafe goes nuts and kidnaps them both, with the same outcome. Silas will dither until the very last minute then choose Sam, while Nina either goes out in a blaze of bullets or kills herself

Wow these ideas are so much better than the show's...the writers ought to give you their salaries for this week!

One of the feelings that keeps my stomach queasy when I see the SSN triangle onscreen is deja vu. What memories leap to mind? The recently miserable Robin-Patrick-Sabrina triangle, peut-etre?  Married to Robin, who returns from the dead like Nina, Patrick/Silas is deeply involved with another woman because of the human condition and the fact that people kept him from talking and being with Robin/Nina. When Robin/Nina reappears at an awkward time (the wedding/the vows of being in love for S/S), Patrick/Silas goes back to his wife in their home, but it doesn't work out for "meh" reasons. 

If this SSN story is one of Ron's "rinse and repeat" throwbacks, the special confession of mutual love (vows) between S/S is as dead as the marriage vows and premature baby of Patrick and Sabrina.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

Wouldn't be sick and twisted if Sonny became impotent due to his guilt and shame over murdering AJ and screwing Ava on his grave.   He then discovers that he can only become aroused at fresh grave sites.  He and Ava (who just wants to stay alive) become serial crypt sex offenders.  Using hidden cameras Anna and Dante catch them in the act and arrest them.  Imagine the faces of various PC residents as they watch the graveside video and the Pervert  Perpwalk of the half dressed duo broadcast over the internet. 

• Love 3
(edited)

My thoughts on recent plotlines:

Make room on the Nina Clay Hate train for me. Given Michelle Stafford's past work, I knew she would be cringe-worthy, but I never thought she'd be this bad. her Nina doesn't just chew the scenery; she devours it. Nina didn't just barge back in to Silas' life; she crashed a child's birthday party to do it. That alone proves to me that she's one taco shy of a combo plate.

As much as I heart Julexis, Molly was absolutely right to put Alexis on blast for her choices in men and for automatically assuming Ric's guilt. In fairness, Alexis has good reason not to trust Ric because of his past mistakes in general and his screwing Sam in particular, but he also swore on Molly's life that he wasn't going after Sonny this time and that he's not Julian's boss. One would think that the former would have counted for something with Alexis and even if Ric was guilty, I don't think he would be stupid enough to do his own dirty work this time. Besides, if Lucas positively IDs the shooter and proves that he looked nothing like Ric and if Ric remembers that he had a drink with Fluke shortly before the setup, those things could prove his innocence, not to mention Julian's finally growing a pair and exposing Fluke once and for all. I know that Julian wants to protect his family, but when the truth comes out, as it inevitably will because RC never wants us to have nice things for long (if at all), he could end up losing them anyway.

Felix needs to die yesterday. I don't think he can get more insufferable.

Felix can always be more insufferable. he's been self-righteous with Brad before, but his being Lucas' little guard bitch during Brad's visit was an all-time low, even for him. While Felix may not have had any part in stealing embryos, he was initially willing, if reluctant, to go along with Sabrina's lie about Carlos being Gabriel's father until that imploded. BTW, Felix, not everything that goes wrong in Sabrina's life is Britt's fault. I'm also over Lucas' bitchiness to Brad, who was just part of Britt's scheme, not the mastermind of it. If RC is trying to turn Fecas into the new Kish, then that's an epic fail on his part because Kish is greater than Fecas could ever be, as far as I'm concerned.

Gabriel's death didn't move me either because it was just another plot device used to keep Purina together and Scrubs apart, plus it's more evidence of RC's shitty writing to make a real life expectant mother do a storyline about the death of her character's prematurely born child. Speaking of children I don't care about, that leads me to CokeheadRafe. All the potential UCG in the world couldn't make me give a shit about him, whether he's on drugs or not. Then there's the SonAvaSpawn. As much as I would love to see Carly's slagged-out head explode over the thought of being a grandma, not if it means sparing Ava's life. Carly and Ava not only made AJ's life a living Hell while he was still alive at different times of his life, he's dead because of the latter, so a plague on both their hoo-has, as far as I'm concerned. Morgan was one of the few bright spots of the week. His snark at Sonny and Ava was magnificent. Morgan's confiding in Kiki was the only drawback. Kiki is even more useless than her mother, if that's possible.

Re Levi, who the fuck does that hippie, vegan freeloader think he is? His controlling Maxie is bad enough, but getting in Mac's face and dissing his parenting was crossing the line. Like Bobbie said about Tony re Lucas, Mac is Maxie's father in every way that counts.  Levi's not even fit to be Jerry Jax's son, let alone Jax's, so TPTB has better not even try to make him a Scorpio.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

Besides, if Lucas positively IDs the shooter and proves that he looked nothing like Ric

Sam & Silas already ID'd the shooter.  Anna & the rest of the PCPD know the shooter was working for Julian's boss, rather than being Julian's boss.  Ric will have to prove his innocence another way.

I'm sure if I shot a hitman that I sent to shoot someone else that I would keep the gun with my fingerprints on it in my hotel room.  It's just another bad, obvious set-up, like Silas and the pharmacist.  It's stupid and Anna should know it.

• Love 1

Sam & Silas already ID'd the shooter.  Anna & the rest of the PCPD know the shooter was working for Julian's boss, rather than being Julian's boss.  Ric will have to prove his innocence another way.

Lulu SAW the shooter seated next to her 'father' in the park that night.   She can ID him if there's anything left to ID.

(edited)

While Felix may not have had any part in stealing embryos, he was initially willing, if reluctant, to go along with Sabrina's lie about Carlos being Gabriel's father until that imploded.

Yes, THIS.  I can't stand Felix's "Lying about a baby's paternity is wrong, wrong WRONG...except if I do it and it's for Sabrina" hypocricy.

I'm still pretty pissed that Felix and Sabrina didn't even get a slap on the wrist for lying and that Robin and Patrick never got a chance to call out their best buddy Liz either.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Felix and Sabrina are two of my least-favorite characters on the show, but they lied about the paternity of a fetus for about 5 minutes during a stage of pregnancy where Sabrina could have decided to terminate without having any legal (or in my opinion moral) obligation to tell Patrick she was pregnant at all.  To me, lying during the first trimester about whose kid you're pregnant with is, while perhaps not particularly nice, not the moral equivalent of stealing embryos or conspiring to keep a live child from its biological parent(s).  It's not like Felix or Sabrina caused Patrick to miss out on anything.

That said, Felix sucks and needs to STFU for any one of a million other reasons.

• Love 1
Nina didn't just barge back in to Silas' life; she crashed a child's birthday party to do it.

After countless episodes of the build up to Nina's entrance, the only emotion that Silas could come up with was one (1) tear drop.

Huge Danny made me happy today.  He's one of the best actors on this show.  

I get that Nina has been in a coma for 20 years and still trying to feel her way around a changed world, but is she also maybe a little slow in the head?  

Here's the thing, though. She's not acting like she's slow in the head.  She's fluctuates between convenient obtuseness and convenient awareness. Like half the characters, she's a walking plot point.

I get that Ron is pushing the idea that the fact that Silas didn't divorce her as some sign he remained committed to a marriage -- a marriage that was admittedly rocky when she fell into the coma.  But that's beyond the pale stupidity. Does she think he's been celibate for 20 years? Notice how, in Ron's ever superficial manner of writing, that ridiculous point will never be addressed.

And I'm trying to understand why the writers would think that it would be easier for Nina to accept that her husband fathered another woman's child DURING their marriage, as opposed to being about 5 months in, in a relationship with a woman he just met the year prior.

Oh, I know why the writers think that? Because they're working backwards from "create tension for Sam and Silas," instead of working forwards from "wife wakes up from coma."

TF writers. TFGH.

• Love 2

Apropos of not much, it occurred to me that aside from the obvious, the reason Detective Plywood is so attractive with his shirt off is that he doesn't have gigantic, distracting tattoos of bulls (Dante) or geese (Patrick) or whatever the hell it is that the guy who plays Nikolas has. 

Just pure, unadulterated, gratuitous superficial partial male nudity.   

• Love 11

Oh Maxie, Maxie, Maxie.  I am going to have to contact the judge myself to reinforce his opinion your decision making capabilities.  How in the name of Pickle Lila can you go for that orange tinged, Jennifer Anniston bobbed hair, smarmy accent, earth shoe wearing creep like Levi when you have the delectable Det. Plywood living with you?  Wake up girl before Levi's tan in bottle rubs off on you and all the sheet and towels in your apartment.  Do I need to draw a Venn Diagram for you?

• Love 5

I absolutely agree about the lack of Nathan's tatoos leading to his overall attractiveness.  I have gotten used to Patrick's giant goose and whatever that is on Nic, but not a fan of tattoos overall and find them distracting.  It helps bring the pretty without the tats.  Levi, on the other hand, can be as pure as the driven snow and there's just no pretty....

So, I wasn't paying 100% attention when Nina showed up (quelle surprise!) and never did hear her (or anyone else) say a) how she knew Silas was going to be there and b) how she got there.  The vibe I get is BSC for sure.  But I laughed when I saw her nurse/maid roll in the trolley full of LV luggage!

• Love 1

Maxie seems to be getting impatient with Levi's controlling behavior now, but as I watched in discomfort her willingness to be manipulated I wondered if she obeys Levi for unconscious reasons.

Levi speaks his opinions with drop-dead seriousness in an Aussie accent. All her life, Maxie has heard Aussie Mac's opinions delivered in serious tones. Unconsciously, Maxie has fallen back into her childhood days, when a strong Australian male gave her lessons in values and standards. Now she appears to be willing to think for herself, take responsibility for her child, and cast off Levi's hypnotic influence.

Oh Maxie, Maxie, Maxie.  I am going to have to contact the judge myself to reinforce his opinion your decision making capabilities.  How in the name of Pickle Lila can you go for that orange tinged, Jennifer Anniston bobbed hair, smarmy accent, earth shoe wearing creep like Levi when you have the delectable Det. Plywood living with you?  

Somewhere, Jennifer Aniston just shuddered. Levi's hair looks like it's been fried within an inch of its life. The only way I'd compare it to Jennifer Aniston's hair at any point in her career is if the only time she was ever photographed was minutes after she'd stuck her finger in an electrical socket. 

• Love 3

Levi's hair looks like it's been fried within an inch of its life.

Someone upthread supplied a link to the actor's IMDB page and that's his real hair!  I can't imagine a grown man voluntarily leaving the house looking like that.

Nina's eyes got crazy at the daughter mention. Freaky! Can't wait to see her face at the Sam reveal. Poor Nathan got the shaft even though Nina stated why she's not going to find him.

Yuck with Levi. I bet that Maxie will break up with him and he will tell on Nathan to the judge. Mac needs to punch him in the face.

So Sonny forced Ava to move in without thinking how everyone would react? First time I liked Olivia in forever.

• Love 1

So Sonny forced Ava to move in without thinking how everyone would react? First time I liked Olivia in forever.

Yes, that scene of Olivia willing to give Sonny another chance was set-up so far in advance I couldn't even hate her for it. Cue the coming scenes of everyone asking Sonny WTF while he rubs his face and stutters his non-answers.

(edited)

Brad may need better friends, but at least he has a friend which is more than can be said for the vast majority of characters on this show.  

That said, we still have more friendships on the show now than we did during the Guza years.

ETA: I think Patrick, Dante, James, and Lucas should all be friends.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

He's stringing two women along because he won't man up and act like a grown up with either of them.

And there you have it, apparently its the only way they can write for ME. They should just have him become a cop at this point and the transition to JMB will be complete.

Showrunners should take note and watch AHS that is how you write different characters for the same actors.

TAAS

(edited)

Cue the coming scenes of everyone asking Sonny WTF while he rubs his face and stutters his non-answers.

What cracks me up about the situation is that Sonny clearly expects Olivia to be okay with a pregnant Ava living with him. "Look, Olivia, I don't even know if it's my kid! So why can't we keep seeing each other?" Hee. One thing I'll give Ron: He's writing Sonny as the absolute jackass we all know he's been for years.

ETA: I think Patrick, Dante, James, and Lucas should all be friends.

Same here. The only male friends we've seen are Mac and Kevin, and they're on so rarely. (Together or separately.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

dubbel zout, I was actually surprised that Olivia *wasn't* okay with pregnant Ava living there.  She's been okay with him doing much worse, even encouraging him to kill Ava.  Given her characterization lately, I half expected her to say "Oh, Sonny, that makes perfect sense - of course you'd want to keep a constant eye on her until she has your son/ grandson (b/c we know it's going to be a boy), and then immediately kill her."  Speaking of, couldn't Sonny just have her watched 24/7 by live-in bodyguards or something, rather than having her live with him?  Although, it would be much hard for him to fall in love with Ava if she didn't live down the hall, so I guess I just answered my own question.

Although, it would be much hard for him to fall in love with Ava if she didn't live down the hall, so I guess I just answered my own question.

And more difficult for Ava to mess with Sonny's meds (not a spoiler, just spec).

• Love 1
(edited)

Just pure, unadulterated, gratuitous superficial partial male nudity.

Can we please get some of this of the female kind? Seriously it would attract a lot more male viewers then the awful Godfather rift we have had to live though the past upteen years.

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 1

When Nina goes BSC, can she take out Lauren? I'm not a fan of sins of the fathers and all that, but I'll make an exception in this case. Do we believe Nina miscarried her baby? "I was told..." isn't proof, and it's not as Ron doesn't like to pile on the angst. And it gives Nina another reason to go nuts, since we all know what happens with wimmins and babiez.

Loved Sam's "[Nina's] talking, a LOT." Hee.

The dramatic music stings this show uses are hysterical. They overdo those as much as they do the wacky-high-jinks and sad-time music.

"If Morgan knew what you did, he wouldn't want to have anything to do with you." Sonny, Morgan doesn't want much to do with you these days, and I doubt he would throw you a party if he knew you killed AJ. So, you know, STFU.

I was really hoping Jordan would show a little more skepticism about Ric being the Big Bad. 

• Love 1

I found Michelle Stafford was overall more credible today, she'd dialed down the simmering cray-cray from the last show so that Nina was having normal reactions which were somewhat capable of earning sympathy for her character, though it seems obvious that even if Nina isn't totally whack-a-doodle now, she is being set-up to go off the deep end as a consequence of Silage handling her with lies and half-truths. Sam should have dumped his narrow behind as soon as he admitted he'd told Nina nothing about their relationship. Until he does so, they should be on semi-permamnt hiatus, not sneaking around behind comawife's back. Ugh I hate that kind of crap, McBain is alway doing this shit..... whoops I mean Silage. He's nothing like McBain, nothing at all. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I like that Jordan and Anna decided to talk about a covert DEA operation in the public park.

So I guess we can add Nina to the list of women who will go crazy over a man.

Sam, please realize you can do better than Silas. Surely you can find a man who doesn't have an undead coma wife.

You would think Ava would stay focused on staying alive instead of worrying about making Morgan sad. Sonny and Ava are so disgusting and pathetic and worthless. Just stop breathing the both of you.

Edited by LeftPhalange