Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters: Buying in the USA

On 4/18/2018 at 7:15 AM, laredhead said:

Anaheim episode with the doctor and lawyer buying their first house after searching for the perfect east facing front door house for 3 years.  This couple has gone to the top of my most annoying HH's list.  The word pretentious came to mind all through the episode.  I think they needed to keep the floor to ceiling mirrors in both the living room and dining rooms because there wasn't enough reflective space in that house for each of them to admire themselves.  Her comment about the 4-year old daughter tripping on the stairs made me laugh.  Where do some of these HH's get the idea that children cannot climb stairs?

I knew that was the house they would choose since the front door faced directly east.  That long suffering real estate agent had to be a relative or really need the commission to have stuck with those 2 for 3 years.  In the end she was planning to take out perfectly good granite counter tops and replace them with another granite top, and either replace the cabinets or refinish them.  I'm sure they will be white, but I don't think she ever said what color, only that the present color was not to her liking.  The last scene showed her and the hubby pulling away a corner of the bathroom carpet and her asking what was under it.  Uh, it's the padding, lady.  I'm sure she's never seen what goes into a house, only the end result.  Yes, I would have removed the bathroom carpet too, but to pretend that these 2 would have had anything remotely to do with a home renovation project was laughable.      

Honestly, given the frequency that these hh's complain about stairs, they got the idea from HGTV / PieTown (production company!  Whenever something's repeated ad nauseam on HH, it's a standard, semi-scripted plot. 

Guessing someone on an early episode compared 3 homes, pre-filming, including two-story homes v. a ranch-style plus kids and the idea stuck, unfortunately.  Or, someone on set had a childhood freak accident and resulting stair phobia, lol.

Yep, tragedy:  Anaheim Hills doctor planned to rip out upgraded granite.  My guess:  she replaces it with white quartz and/or marble.  She did, however, plan to retain the cabinets and had mentioned the typical white kitchen.

Then we had the scrubs plus excessive makeup.  And, they purchased the hilltop, doctor house.  She definitely reminded us, constantly, of her status. 

Everybody notice they hadn't moved in, wearing the same clothes in every closing scene?  No way she ever skims a leaf let alone cleans the pool or rips out carpet.  Yeah, it's the padding, lady!

Didn't notice the realtor but initially he seemed like a family member.  The realtors understand that some clients require many hours and might not purchase a home, in the end.  At worst, they hope for a few family and/or business acquaintance referrals.

Oh, the home facing east ... it's good luck to face the rising sun in the morning.  Either Grandma forgot or Mrs. MD ignored the proverb's second half.  The main back door should face west, for sundown.  Their infill lot tract home featured a sideways exit to the pool.  Oops! 

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2018 at 8:24 PM, AuntiePam said:

The couple in Oklahoma with five kids -- what nice people!  Respectful of each other's wants and needs, and nothing felt like manufactured for drama.  One weird thing was that the wife mentioned a master bedroom where the bathroom had no door, but there was a door on the bathroom.  Might have been a disconnect between the film editor and the narration. 

Whatever, nice couple, nice kids, good choice for the house.

You're correct, AuntiePam, that particular house had the 80's style open vanity, closed WC.  IIRC, however, during the episode's wish-list scenes, she expressed her desire for a closed bathroom.  To demonstrate, they had her kids accost her as she attempted to get ready, standing at the mirror in their rental home's open vanity. 

Given that, I believe she wanted the entire bathroom closed. longing for a minute or two to herself in the morning!  Nice family but too many 80's homes in that town!

• Love 1

Watched two episodes of HH tonight.  The first couple was looking for a tiny house and wound up with an RV. The only thing I didn't like about the wife was her wanting a dishwasher.  I guess she doesn't realize that most tiny homes don't have room for a dishwasher.  

The secod show was a couple from Kansas. Personally, I really disliked the house they bought. Not only did the houses in the neighborhood look the same, but all the high voltage wires would give me great concern.  I also thought that house was unattractive.   I really likes the third house, and I would have given the agent the opportunity to see if he could get that price down.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, aguabella said:

The realtors understand that some clients require many hours and might not purchase a home, in the end. 

They've already been purchased so I bet a lot of the original realtors (unless famewhores) refuse to be involved.

• Love 3

I had to laugh at the people in the tiny house episode disguised as a regular episode. They wanted room for entertaining in their tiny house. Lol ok. 

The two doctors looking for a house last night in Westchester, NY. I liked them, but I thought it was a fake script from the beginning that they might want a multi-family unit. I know they mentioned med school debt, but he was a surgeon and she was a geriontologist (sp?), so the debt would be paid off quickly I would think. I just could not envision them wanting to live in the same home as their tenants. And the homes designed for that were unappealing. No surprise that they chose the single family home.

• Love 3

Pocomoke City, MD Tiny House

Not asking too much of a tiny house: dishwasher, space for entertaining, and full-size kitchen appliances. Good grief. Sometimes I wonder if people like this are used to getting what they want. At least they purchased the more practical place, the RV.

Lake Property, Michigan

You get the house that's one the lake and then complain about the "curb appeal"? Who cares when you have lake view on the other side? I had this thought as they were determining which home to get: it would be funny if just once a couple were to make the decision not to have children while on their house hunt. "You know what? This house is a perfect size for just the two of us?" "Good point. Let's just keep it that way."

Has anyone ever seen a tiny house rolling down the road? I haven't. The profile of those homes looks too high to handle windy days on a freeway. 

• Love 4
On 4/10/2018 at 10:33 PM, sskrill said:

NJ - say urinal one. more. time.

I wasn't so calm about it - while watching I constantly yelled out STOP SAYING URINAL!!!

On 4/11/2018 at 7:22 AM, roseslg said:

Did anyone get the vibe that Timmy and his friend were a couple?  I wanted to tell his friend to shut the fuck up.  Let Timmy have what he wants.  He doesn't want the soulless place you have, just let the man have his clawfoot tub and pocket doors.  I know it's all fake, but the friend really annoyed me.  It seems more like what the friend wanted than what Timmy wanted.

Whenever I write Timmy, I am imagining how they say it in South Park. 

Totally thought they were a couple, and kept saying TIMMAY! while watching the episode.

• Love 1

I loved the third Michigan house that was right on the lake, and screw the HHs for saying it was too small. It had spectacular views from every window and was nicely updated. If Michigan didn't have such cold winters, I'd buy that house for myself.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3

The thing that got me (and showed that they did not cook) was when the Detroit HHs were in a fairly small but completely usable kitchen and the husband proclaimed that they could add an island. Sure, unless you want to actually cook or move around in your kitchen. I know much of it is producer-driven but I don't understand why so many people consent to say such stupid things.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

The thing that got me (and showed that they did not cook) was when the Detroit HHs were in a fairly small but completely usable kitchen and the husband proclaimed that they could add an island. Sure, unless you want to actually cook or move around in your kitchen. I know much of it is producer-driven but I don't understand why so many people consent to say such stupid things.

I had the same thought. I was thinking "You absolutely cannot, unless you want to bump into it every time you turn around." Proof that the kitchen would be fashion over function.

• Love 7

I love when these HH’s say that they grew up in a certain kind of house, and then they haven’t a clue about the houses.  I grew up in “lake country” in Wisconsin (didn’t live on a lake because of the cost), and even I knew that lake homes are very close together, there’s not a lot of privacy and if you want a big house with all the updates, you’d better have a boatload of money and not a budget of $300,000.  Even small, updated houses right on the lake start at $500,000.  And even lake condos, which are usually very small, are over $350,000.  Personally, they were stupid not to buy house 3 because everyone who lives on a lake knows that you start small and trade up. Since this couple was so young, they should have bought house three, stayed there for a couple of years and then trade up for something bigger. 

• Love 9

San Fernando Valley guy looking for a house in which he, his brother, and his friend would live: his friend got on my nerves. Were they a couple? Because otherwise I wouldn't have given her a vote - it's not her house. That was my mantra with her every time she rudely commented about not liking something. "It's not your house." When she was balking at the fact that the second house didn't have a fridge: "It's not your house, not your problem." (And the guy - who was very cute - was unfazed by the prospect of buying a fridge, to his credit.) When she said that her point of view on the kitchen was more important than theirs: "Not if your name isn't on the deed, it isn't." When she kept insisting she needed her own bathroom: "Then buy your own house or move into an apartment by yourself."

Vermont couple: they were much nicer. I liked that she wanted an older home and was clear on what that meant aesthetically - she wasn't talking about how much she needed walk-in closets, and she appreciated that the updates respected the age of the home, where appropriate.

• Love 3

San Fernando Valley Threesome

When the man declared that the woman was like a sister, I took his word for it. They looked like friends to me. The brother was kind of funny. I was sure that he would make a crack when the realtor told him that he could "fit a queen" in the room that would be his. They seemed like a nice enough trio. The buyer wanted the woman roommate's feedback, so I didn't think she was out of line at all. I was surprised at the things they didn't turn their noses up at and how they seemed excited at getting the fixer.

• Love 1

The Washington honeymoon coupled bugged me.  She seemed to hate everything and I really didn't understand her need for half an acre and his need for all electric appliances.   And I hate to tell her, but when you live in any kind of neighborhood with high density housing, privacy isn't something you're going to find. 

I did like the LA friends.  They had their heads on straight and didn't freak out about anything.  

• Love 2

The Massachusetts couple last night with the $1.6 million budget. I missed the beginning. Does anyone know what they did for a living? I really liked the couple. The freestanding house with the train whizzing by right in the backyard. Omg. I would be afraid there would be a freak accident one day and it would come through the house. I would have to move to a different part of the country, because those housing prices would literally make me sick. I think it kind of made this couple sick too, from what they said.

• Love 2

Pickles, she said she is a consultant (no further explanation). He's in global medical device marketing. 

I thought the double condo price was for the whole house. I'm so naive. I didn't understand the garage that had parking for both units. The entrance was a single garage door. How were people supposed to manage that? Surely not tandem parking. Nice couple.

• Love 3

Yes it looked like tandem parking.  Which I cannot imagine dealing with, but at the same time parking AND a garage of any type in Brookline?  Gold!  Parking spaces, just a space, sell for big $ in and around Boston.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Pickles said:

The Massachusetts couple last night with the $1.6 million budget. I missed the beginning. Does anyone know what they did for a living? I really liked the couple. The freestanding house with the train whizzing by right in the backyard. Omg. I would be afraid there would be a freak accident one day and it would come through the house. I would have to move to a different part of the country, because those housing prices would literally make me sick. I think it kind of made this couple sick too, from what they said.

They said they were originally from Ohio, so I imagine they are just as sick about the price of housing in Boston as you and me (native Ohioan).  So glad I don't have to pay a ridiculous price just to park a car.

12 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

The Washington honeymoon coupled bugged me.  She seemed to hate everything and I really didn't understand her need for half an acre and his need for all electric appliances.   And I hate to tell her, but when you live in any kind of neighborhood with high density housing, privacy isn't something you're going to find. 

I did like the LA friends.  They had their heads on straight and didn't freak out about anything.  

Not 'half an acre', it was 'point 5 acre'.  Over and over and over again.   I also picked up on her constant negativity and nit picking.  I am also sick of people wanting to live in the city in order to be close to all the shopping and restaurants and such and then complaining because, God forbid, they can see the neighbor's yard from theirs.  What do they expect?

• Love 10

I did like the Boston couple but the prices - just wow.  And to have to pay for the condo and the HOA fee (which they flashed briefly and I think was over $500 a month) and rent a parking space?  That's just insane.  And all for the (frequently mentioned) "walkability" which brings me to....

...what exactly defines "walkability"?  Unless you are in a place where there is no place to walk except down the middle of a road or you live in a high crime area, then isn't anywhere with sidewalks "walkable"?

• Love 4

By walkability I assume they mean shops, restaurants, coffee houses, etc are all easily walkable to.  Makes a huge difference to be able to walk instead of take a car out and deal with parking issues/prices.  They are lucky to have the budget they did.   It really can be crazy expensive to live in/near Boston.   Nice couple, I enjoyed the episode.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I did like the Boston couple but the prices - just wow.  And to have to pay for the condo and the HOA fee (which they flashed briefly and I think was over $500 a month) and rent a parking space?  That's just insane. 

That's the reality of living in an expensive city close to amenities and keeping a car. The realtor did say that the brownstone condo had four bedrooms and 1700sf, so at least that's plenty of space for the money, plus it was fully renovated. Sounded like a good deal to my NYC ears.

6 hours ago, morgan said:

Yes it looked like tandem parking.  Which I cannot imagine dealing with, but at the same time parking AND a garage of any type in Brookline?  Gold!  Parking spaces, just a space, sell for big $ in and around Boston.

Or maybe two spaces side by sides but you have to turn 90 degrees after entering the garage? I've noticed in the big cities I've lived (NYC, SF), that many entrances to multi-car garages are single-door. I wonder if it has anything to do with how much curb space the garage entrances are allowed to take up in high-density areas. Bigger garage entrances = less parallel parking space.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

When she said that she didn’t like the deck in one house because everyone could watch her, I said (out loud), “What, exactly, is she planning to do on that deck?”  My 16 yo may have choked. ?

• Love 7

The Boston wife made a comment about the living, dining and kitchen all being like one big room. I didn't think she wanted that. Then in the next house she said she wanted an open floor plan. I may have misunderstood, but I didn't "get" it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, twinks said:

The Boston wife made a comment about the living, dining and kitchen all being like one big room. I didn't think she wanted that. Then in the next house she said she wanted an open floor plan. I may have misunderstood, but I didn't "get" it.

She said she wanted an open plan, but then complained that the open plan she was shown wasn’t big enough.  Some people are never satisfied.  Isn’t that supposed to be one of the advantages of open plan, that eliminating doors and walls and making rooms multipurpose means saving space?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

She said she wanted an open plan, but then complained that the open plan she was shown wasn’t big enough.  Some people are never satisfied.  Isn’t that supposed to be one of the advantages of open plan, that eliminating doors and walls and making rooms multipurpose means saving space?

The first condo's open space was very tight for having a dining/living room their furniture definitely wouldnt have fit. 

14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

which they flashed briefly and I think was over $500 a month) and rent a parking space?  

The HOA was $220.

• Love 2

Only half paying attention to tonight's episode of a couple buying in Texas (not sure where).  Had to roll my eyes over the comments that " it's so far from work -- 15/20 minutes."  Please.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Only half paying attention to tonight's episode of a couple buying in Texas (not sure where).  Had to roll my eyes over the comments that " it's so far from work -- 15/20 minutes."  Please.

She made me stabby but towards the end they both were annoying.  I frankly did not care if they moved into a tent.  Way too picky, way to needy.  I did see the second house that was built in 2017 and I was waiting for one of them to say: "GUT JOB!!!"  Ugh - she wanted an island in her walk in closet!!!  I mean, really.....

• Love 7

This Austin couple----giant pain in the butt, especially him.  What was with him and his bath to bedroom parity, his wanting tiny closets so he could have a bigger family room for watching football.  He was also totally lazy in that he didn't want to do anything with regards to upkeep of the house.  Does that idiot not realize that master closets aren't anywhere near to living rooms, and making a closet smaller won't make a living room larger.  And her not wanting the color blue anywhere near her?  What was that about.  So, we have a spoiled, lazy couple who are all about me, me, me with weird wants.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

This Austin couple----giant pain in the butt, especially him.  What was with him and his bath to bedroom parity, his wanting tiny closets so he could have a bigger family room for watching football.  He was also totally lazy in that he didn't want to do anything with regards to upkeep of the house.  Does that idiot not realize that master closets aren't anywhere near to living rooms, and making a closet smaller won't make a living room larger.  And her not wanting the color blue anywhere near her?  What was that about.  So, we have a spoiled, lazy couple who are all about me, me, me with weird wants.  

I missed the "no blue" part but saw her complain about the blue wall in the one...and wasn't that the one they chose? So was the "no blue" thing just their dumb decoy complaint to throw us off the scent of them choosing that one?

• Love 3

So was the "no blue" thing just their dumb decoy complaint to throw us off the scent of them choosing that one?

I hope so. I got very irritated when she declared that the blue tile back splash was "hideous". I really wanted to smack her for that comment.  I instantly enacted a new personal law: never trust anyone who doesn't like the color blue. Yeah, gray would give that wall so much character. 

One thing I noted, which is becoming unusual: the couple didn't mention needing an office. 

I loved how they played with the dog: it wasn't just the dog running! 

Can we start a HH series of non-North Americans looking for homes? Please?

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, mojito said:

I hope so. I got very irritated when she declared that the blue tile back splash was "hideous". I really wanted to smack her for that comment.  I instantly enacted a new personal law: never trust anyone who doesn't like the color blue. Yeah, gray would give that wall so much character. 

One thing I noted, which is becoming unusual: the couple didn't mention needing an office. 

I loved how they played with the dog: it wasn't just the dog running! 

Can we start a HH series of non-North Americans looking for homes? Please?

The blue in the backsplash was a pale grayish-blue anyway, very unobtrusive and neutral enough that a lot of different colors would still look great with it.  The bright blue wall in the living room was more showy, but, once again, it was a single wall with windows in it to boot.  Painting it another color would've taken an hour or two at most.  It also coordinated with the draperies and pillows in the room which they were apparently going to keep, so the whole thing seemed contrived.

The husband really bugged with his 'bathroom parity' baloney.  It is just the two of them, they just got married, no signs of children yet and certainly years before multiple kids who might fight over bathroom time.  Why was it so vitally important that each bedroom have its own separate full bath?  For what purpose?  Was he wanting to open a B&B?  As someone who grew up one of 5 kids, 2 parents and a grandfather in a house with one bathroom TOTAL and, yet, still managed to maintain standard hygiene, it seemed such a first world non-problem.

• Love 13

What the Austin husband said about bathroom parity made no sense, despite the fact that he said it so many times.  He just didn’t like bedrooms sharing a bath.   

I was taken aback when the wife walked into the blue house, the one they purchased, and said she can’t have the color blue near her.  But now, gray everything is the new in look, that will quickly go out of style within 2 years.  They’re pulling out their brown shaded hardwood floors, and putting in the gray floors.   Sorry, but unlike regular wood floors, those gray tinted ones will go out of style because they just won’t have the staying power of regular wood. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, answerphone said:

I watched the Father/Daughter duo looking in Clearwater, Florida.

What is a Florida bath?

I lived in Florida for over 40 years and have never heard the term! I am guessing she wanted a way to wash the dog outside to keep the mess from inside the house and since she lives in FL that is what she called it. I call it a faucet outside with a hose attached! No matter where you live, having an outdoor shower because you live on the water is not abnormal but naming it for the state you live in is a bit much!

The girl really had some strange ideas about renovation costs didn't she? $5000 for all she wanted to do! No way Jose. Weird expectations to say the least. Where does HH get these folks?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I lived in Florida for over 40 years and have never heard the term!

I am a native Floridian whose ancestors were Florida pioneers and I have never heard of a Florida bath, either.  Must be something the Canadian producers came up with.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I lived in Florida for over 40 years and have never heard the term! I am guessing she wanted a way to wash the dog outside to keep the mess from inside the house and since she lives in FL that is what she called it. I call it a faucet outside with a hose attached! No matter where you live, having an outdoor shower because you live on the water is not abnormal but naming it for the state you live in is a bit much!

The girl really had some strange ideas about renovation costs didn't she? $5000 for all she wanted to do! No way Jose. Weird expectations to say the least. Where does HH get these folks?

Since her dad used the term too, I figured maybe it was a family thing for outdoor showers and the like.  They had relocated from places where outdoor showers wouldn't have been commonly found.  

Her renovation budget was completely unrealistic in every way.  Although she talked about buying homes and renovating them, there wasn't any indication that she had done the work herself.  5 grand wouldn't get decent kitchen cupboards presuming she didn't plan to do the demo and installation herself.  She said her father was a longtime real estate investor and she worked in his business, not sure why she didn't have a realistic notion as to what it would cost to do a full remodel.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Babalooie said:

Must be something the Canadian producers came up with.

I googled it and - not a single hit.  And everyone knows that if it ain't on google, it doesn't exist!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I googled it and - not a single hit. 

I did, too, and all I found was sites for remodeling your current bath.    "Open concept" is another term that we didn't use until this series.  It is called "open floor plan" around here.

• Love 1

I liked the Clearwater father/daughter House Hunters. Daughter wasn’t a diva and actually pretty reasonable in what she wanted. Loved her dad, who didn’t like white kitchens or gray walls and floors. My kind of guy!

• Love 1

The dad thought he was a little too cool for my taste, though. He walked into the first bathroom in the house she bought and declared it "avocado green." Which is was not. It was "harvest gold" (the second one was, in fact, avocado). I am old enough to remember the terrible colors from the 70s and he most assuredly is, too.

• Love 9

I liked the dad in the Clearwater episode.  Finally someone saying how boring gray is.  He was knowledgeable about a house as an investment property, and made some good comments about the houses.  The 3rd house was just too small for the number of rooms they tried to squeeze into it.  Her renovation budget is totally unrealistic, but I guess if she gets her dad to do a lot of the work, it might stretch a bit.

The Austin episode with the guy who wanted one to one bedrooms and baths was a bit much.  The guy gave the impression he didn't want to lift a finger to do anything in his off time except work the TV remote.  I've said it before, but I'll say it again, what on earth are these younger buyers going to do when a light bulb burns out or a faucet leaks?  They don't want to mow grass, clean a pool, or put themselves out to do anything that sounds like a chore.  All they seem to want to do in their free time is walk to coffee shops and restaurants.  Contrary to what the wife said, I didn't think the back splash was "hideous".  I'm not a fan of blue either, but in a couple of the scenes it looked a bit green, so I think with the right accessorizing, it could be made to fade into the background and look less blue.   I thought they came across as a bit entitled.  I liked the dog.   

• Love 8

I also wondered what on earth a "Florida bath" is. She seemed to want it to be a dedicated bathroom outside of the house? Or in the garage? They were a pleasant enough duo but that was odd. 

I liked the couple looking for architecturally significant mid-century modern homes in Palm Springs. I was so fascinated by the homes they looked at that I Googled Wexler, Eichler and Krisel and read up a bit on their unique characteristics. Very interesting and quite lovely homes. I was sure they'd pick the first one (which was the cheapest but my favourite) when there was a solitary bed in one room and what appeared to be cell phones charging by the fireplace but I was surprised they picked the third one which wasn't a true mid-century modern at all but a new modern home built with some MCM characteristics. Still, nice couple. A bit of whining about using their old furniture in the new house which was clearly producer driven as it was obvious that a mix of old and new furniture would be fine. 

• Love 1

Vegas performer buying her first place: I hate the desert and if I had to live there I would require a pool (I hate hot weather), so I was with her on that. I knew she was going to pick Gladys Knight's old house - that was pretty cool. That apartment alone might be able to offset the extra amount she paid. I know nothing about Vegas rental prices but that looked like a very easily rentable unit. And if she's planning to rent out other rooms in the house (I might, it was over 3000 square feet which is big for one person) she'll probably come out ahead.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Vegas performer buying her first place: I hate the desert and if I had to live there I would require a pool (I hate hot weather), so I was with her on that. I knew she was going to pick Gladys Knight's old house - that was pretty cool. That apartment alone might be able to offset the extra amount she paid. I know nothing about Vegas rental prices but that looked like a very easily rentable unit. And if she's planning to rent out other rooms in the house (I might, it was over 3000 square feet which is big for one person) she'll probably come out ahead.

I couldn't watch all of that one, her voice was just killing me. If she was looking to rent out spaces (or airbnb them), that makes so much more sense because I couldn't figure out why someone who had been in a show for a few months was looking to purchase a house. I guess unless she was consistently employed over the last few years, then I get it.

• Love 1

Las Vegas performer

I chuckled when Ruby claimed that she watched a lot of home renovation shows and that she liked her friend Tiffany's "quintessential Las Vegas home". I thought, "Well, apparently you don't watch Flip or Flop Vegas 'cause they think their homes are supposedly quintessential Vegas homes, and Tiffany's home has zero bling". 

I couldn't watch all of that one, her voice was just killing me.

I can't believe we're talking about the same episode. Her voice and manner of speaking was totally normal.

• Love 3

I'm watching the Vegas performer now. I think her voice is kind of melodic. She doesn't annoy me at all, and I'm very easily annoyed by the House Hunters!

i actually found her to be pleasant. 

• Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I'm watching the Vegas performer now. I think her voice is kind of melodic. She doesn't annoy me at all, and I'm very easily annoyed by the House Hunters!

i actually found her to be pleasant. 

I guess I found it too contrived and "actory". Like she was auditioning for a voice-acting role and not just talking. Full disclosure: I also dislike it when "musicians" absolutely must sing on House Hunters. I get that it is a chance at getting some publicity, but I would hate it if an ad executive had conveniently placed products around them all the time too.

Edited by MaKaM
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, MaKaM said:

I guess I found it too contrived and "actory". Like she was auditioning for a voice-acting role and not just talking. Full disclosure: I also dislike it when "musicians" absolutely must sing on House Hunters. I get that it is a chance at getting some publicity, but I would hate it if an ad executive had conveniently placed products around them all the time too.

MaKaM, I see what you're saying. I agree, there probably was a bit of "affect," but it didn't bother me.   I liked her. 

However, I will never understand the concept of buying a home with the intention of having roommates or tenants, unless there's a dedicated, separate rental area. Ugh to sharing. 

• Love 4