Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters: Buying in the USA

18 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

That Richmond beauty queen wife was just tooooo much everything.   Her blue ruched dress was too tight and looked more like coffin lining.  Plus the boobs are too big for her frame.  She was really full of herself with the gowns and crowns. 

And why is a jetted tub a must for someone who teaches beauty queens how to strut?

Apparently in addition to being a pageant coach she is also a fitness instructor and needs to soak her muscles after a workout, hence the need for the jetted tub.   Hmmm ... she did not have the body of someone who works out.  That blue dress looked like she was stuffed in a sausage casing.  I am sure there was a layer of Spanx under that dress.

The husband's haircut had a weird Nazi-vibe to me.  I am sure he's perfectly nice, but it was hard to look at anything but his head.  Not an attractive do!  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Apparently in addition to being a pageant coach she is also a fitness instructor and needs to soak her muscles after a workout, hence the need for the jetted tub.   Hmmm ... she did not have the body of someone who works out.  That blue dress looked like she was stuffed in a sausage casing.  I am sure there was a layer of Spanx under that dress.

She looks like someone who only does cardio and no strength training. I've seen several Zumba instructors who don't look like they're in great shape.

18 hours ago, debbie311 said:

The husband's haircut had a weird Nazi-vibe to me.  I am sure he's perfectly nice, but it was hard to look at anything but his head.  Not an attractive do!  

My first thought when I saw him was "he looks like a member of the Hitler Youth, without the youth."

Did anyone else think it was gross that she puts her pageant crowns on her guests' dinner plates? They've been on her head and she wants her guests to wear them too. I doubt she sanitizes them between each dinner party.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, debbie311 said:

First thing I thought about him was that he had Richard Spencer's haircut, and I hated him on sight because of it. Between that and the wife's "on" personality, this was not an enjoyable episode.

• Love 2

The Richmond beauty queen was just TOO MUCH-!  ????????

She was pretty"thick" to be a fitness instructor.  I was so turned off by her fancy dresses and heels to look at houses.  I cannot imagine being friends with her.

I didn't like any of their choices.  I preferred their condominium.

And gross to crowns on plates.  ?

• Love 5

Just catching up with some of the episodes recently.  I think the Boston couple need to be on a future HH Renovation or Where Are They Now episode.  I can't imagine how many gallons of Kilz they had to put on some of those walls to mask the bright colors.  New word, folks, and I'm surprised someone has commented on it - "makers room".  A place where you make things is my guess, which would also qualify as a hobby room.  Guess this takes the place of the briefly popular scrapbooking room we hear about a couple of years ago.

The Richmond couple obviously had some $$ because his need for a garage disappeared and it was later revealed he had another place to store and work on his cars.  The wife needed to realize that at some point age catches up with a person, and her need for a closet for her pageant gowns was a little bit much.  She won her title as a "Mrs.", not a "Miss", so she was a little older than a teenager at that time.  I guess their arrangement works for them, he makes beer with his buddies in the basement, and she coaches beauty pageant contestants and each respects the other's hobbies or past times.  I loved the 2nd house which was over budget and hoped they would buy it.  It looked perfect for them.          

• Love 4

The Cedar Rapids couple from last night's episode was a breath of fresh air, talking about rising from rather humble beginnings, getting an education and finding good jobs and being grateful they could now afford a big home.  The husband, in particular, was so much fun and so articulate, I'd love to be their neighbor.  Both of them were just adorable.  Also loved his wish for a 'fam cave' because he was happiest when spending time with his wife and kids and didn't want a 'man cave'.  Their wish list was also pretty reasonable.  The only thing that bothers me is when all of these couples insist that they must have a separate bedroom for each and every child.  The wife kept saying she wanted 4 bedrooms all on the same level in case they had a third child.  Maybe its because I grew up sharing a bedroom with 3 of my sisters, but, it's not the end of the world when 2 kids share a room and it can actually be a good experience and make them closer and give them experience in consideration and sharing.

And, yeah, the pageant queen from Richmond was quite a piece of work.  Also, putting crowns on top of dinner plates is just gross.  She was a 'Mrs Something or Other' according to her bio.  Aren't most of those adult pageants sort of 'pay to play' and not really based on anything other than paying the fees and getting a crown?  At least that's how it seems on Toddlers and Tiaras.  I've known a couple women who were entering those sorts of pageants, and, in both cases, they were constantly soliciting 'sponsors' to pay fees or buy ads in programs to help them win.  Not exactly a contest as much as a sales campaign.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I kind of loved the Sacramento house with the pool in the kitchen. It could be a real showstopper if you renovated it right, but I don't blame the couple for not wanting to take that on.

Me too, but I loved that house!  lol  I wonder if it was really for sale...

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, AlleC17 said:

Me too, but I loved that house!  lol  I wonder if it was really for sale...

It was interesting, but I guess I'm too practical because I would worry about being able to re-sell it someday.  I expect the market for homes with swimming pools in the living room is pretty small.

• Love 2

I absolutely hated the choice of the Columbus single woman buying her first house.  That place was small, dark, and the stairs to the basement are an accident waiting to happen.  There is no way I would ever go down there with a load of laundry.  I'm also too picky to want to share storage and laundry with neighbors.  That may be fine if you like your neighbors, but what if they sell and you get the neighbors from hell.  Same goes for sharing a patio. Guess I'm not into sharing at my age.  The second place was my favorite, but since I don't know anything about Columbus, I have no idea if it was in a good location or not.  

• Love 7

I grew up outside of Richmond and attended Virginia Commonwealth University(VCU) back in the day. VCU is located at the beginning of the fan district and I loved being in the area because of the great houses. The first house that was shown(the rowhouse) was definitely in the fan but the house they chose is not in the fan and the second house was as advertised in the Museum District. One of the biggest problems finding a row house in the fan is that many, many of them have been converted into apartments for students since the school is in the middle of the fan! I had several friends who had apartments in such rowhouses and they were amazing. It was fun to try to imagine what they were like when they were single family homes. Also many of the old homes are being used by the university. There are loads of bars and restaurants in the area but most are aimed at students(or at least they were when I was there.) I really enjoyed seeing the houses because they brought back many, many great memories!

Found this article about the couple and they must have enjoyed acting because it seems as though they were not as "flighty" as they were represented!

http://www.richmond.com/entertainment/television/update-this-is-the-house-the-richmond-couple-on-hgtv/article_23ecd169-c233-5078-9bbe-6488b6c62a0c.html

And if anyone else is from Richmond, there will be another Richmond episode next week. Supposedly the house that the couple chose is in Church Hill, another up and coming area that includes St. John's Church where Patrick Henry gave his famous "Give me liberty or give me death" speech. Looking forward to this episode, too!

• Love 2

Loved the Iowa couple, and their two boys were absolutely adorable.   Finally, a level headed couple who were down to earth. 

But then, the Pennsylvania couple were the opposite.  That wife was obnoxious and a spoiled brat.  Everything was about what she wanted, right up to the end where she was still complaining that she didn't get the house she wanted, with the big closet, so the husband had to put up with her taking over a bedroom for all her crap.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

But then, the Pennsylvania couple were the opposite.  That wife was obnoxious and a spoiled brat.  Everything was about what she wanted, right up to the end where she was still complaining that she didn't get the house she wanted, with the big closet, so the husband had to put up with her taking over a bedroom for all her crap.  

Except for getting into the tub with her shoes on, I liked the Pennsylvania wife -- the husband too.  They seemed to really like each other and there wasn't any mean-spirited sniping.  Love the property they ended up with.

I do think these folks worry too much about "privacy".  Unless you're doing something really unusual when you're outside, nobody's gonna be watching. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Loved the Iowa couple, and their two boys were absolutely adorable.   Finally, a level headed couple who were down to earth. 

They were definitely a breath of fresh air and would be great neighbors.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I grew up outside of Richmond and attended Virginia Commonwealth University(VCU) back in the day. VCU is located at the beginning of the fan district and I loved being in the area because of the great houses. The first house that was shown(the rowhouse) was definitely in the fan but the house they chose is not in the fan and the second house was as advertised in the Museum District. One of the biggest problems finding a row house in the fan is that many, many of them have been converted into apartments for students since the school is in the middle of the fan! I had several friends who had apartments in such rowhouses and they were amazing. It was fun to try to imagine what they were like when they were single family homes. Also many of the old homes are being used by the university. There are loads of bars and restaurants in the area but most are aimed at students(or at least they were when I was there.) I really enjoyed seeing the houses because they brought back many, many great memories!

Found this article about the couple and they must have enjoyed acting because it seems as though they were not as "flighty" as they were represented!

http://www.richmond.com/entertainment/television/update-this-is-the-house-the-richmond-couple-on-hgtv/article_23ecd169-c233-5078-9bbe-6488b6c62a0c.html

And if anyone else is from Richmond, there will be another Richmond episode next week. Supposedly the house that the couple chose is in Church Hill, another up and coming area that includes St. John's Church where Patrick Henry gave his famous "Give me liberty or give me death" speech. Looking forward to this episode, too!

Thanks for the local info, suebee12!  Yes, if you notice your hometown once, you'll most likely see it again, soon.  They typically film 4-6 episodes in a single metro area, concurrently.  Don't always air them together, especially if they (primarily) featured the same realtor, but you'll find them, eventually.

Edited by aguabella
On 1/20/2018 at 11:46 PM, Mittengirl said:

I thought Atlanta mom looked sickly thin and I thought the realtor was a jerk for showing a house that did not have a main floor bedroom.  Yeah, I get it, fake show, but why would you make yourself look insensitive by ignoring a buyer’s true need.   A main floor bedroom for an ill/disabled person is not a negotiable “need” like a man cave or stainless steel appliances.

Hoping viewers wouldn't believe that about a HH, show realtor.  For one thing, they might not have served as the actual realtor.  Have spoken with many good realtors over the years and some stopped doing HH.  Their time's too valuable to spend 40 hours filming.  The supposed marketing benefit didn't pan out.  So, if one of their buyers applies for HH, they'll refer the show to a less experienced colleague, for filming, after close of escrow.

Besides that, on average, it's unlikely the show's decoy houses were toured during the actual house hunt.  The decoys represent homes where sellers (and/or buyer friends) in that general area and in that general price range, agreed to provide their home for 12 hours to the production company for (normally) $0 compensation.  The realtors use those criterion to locate them and the show runners devise the plot by comparing the 3 homes after the realtor delivers them.

And, many buyers must delay taking possession of their home until after filming.  So, were the homes they toured still listed?.  Or, if they remain on the market, those sellers might not believe their home will be on the market in 6 months (the typical air date) and benefit from HGTV exposure.

If the decoys were toured,  in real life, did the parent plan to move in, at that time?  Or, was that plot added for the show?  Did she ever move in?  Could be that guy's guest room in real life - or even his bedroom, subsequent to filming.  Truly, we don't know.

For these reasons, I hope viewers give the realtors a break.  They have nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the show's selected plot.

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 1

The “realtors” have absolute control over the words coming out of their mouth.  He could have said that the house didn’t have a main floor bedroom, but maybe it could work.  Not state that it was no big deal it didn’t have it.   It was all in the way he phrased it.  

• Love 5
On 1/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, Mittengirl said:

The “realtors” have absolute control over the words coming out of their mouth.  He could have said that the house didn’t have a main floor bedroom, but maybe it could work.  Not state that it was no big deal it didn’t have it.   It was all in the way he phrased it.  

Sorry, Mittengirl, don't know which specific comment you're referring to.  If they're acting as a realtor, they'll try to sell whatever piece of inventory they're presenting.  And, in HH, they're acting, in my understanding.

What if the director said to the realtor, to elicit that particular line, "How could they make this house work, if his mother moved in?"  Would you refuse to answer the question?  If a realtor did, their HH gig might come to an immediate and abrupt end, lol.  Also, given 40 hours or more filming to air a 22 minute program, the story editor has a great deal of material to choose from.

Oh, sorry you meant phrasing?  A long, ten hour, filming day could certainly affect that.  Again, not sure what comment you're referring to.  Sorry about that. 

The realtors aren't perfect, as humans, so they probably responded as they would when they're selling in real life.  As in, "No big deal, you could make this work."  (BTW, that's basic realtor speak, in my world.)  Otherwise, if they didn't say that, the show might need another decoy, restarting the entire process.  HGTV definitely wouldn't do that, lol.

My point was simply that we don't know the true story.  Mom might live elsewhere.  We don't know.

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 1
On 1/23/2018 at 7:43 AM, ByaNose said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the a chainlink fence on a million dollar view highrise. It was TACKY. I understand it for safety but aesthetically it's one of the worst I've seen for a high rent district that these guys paid for. They might as well being in a prision workyard. Hopefully, one of them changes that out quick.

Looking at some google pics of the bldg which tend not to be current, I'm not sure they installed it - surprised too the condo board was okay with it

ETA: 2010 listing pics showed the chainlink

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

Looking at some google pics of the bldg which tend not to be current, I'm not sure they installed it - surprised too the condo board was okay with it

Weird because when they toured the apartment before the reveal it was most definitely not there it was a see through glass or plexiglass waist high railing with a black frame like this.

Edited by biakbiak

Thought I saw the Chicago chain link fence during both the tour and reveal.  Was there a 2nd deck, with plexi?  (I don't watch the original recipe HH as closely as reno-related programs, so ???)

ETA:  Could be an expensive job, replacing it, if the issue was high winds.

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 1
On 1/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, Mittengirl said:

Not trying to belabor the issue, Mittengirl, but there's another explanation, too.  HH, although a drama, attempts to recreate the real life house hunt.  These types of trade-offs happen constantly during RL searches.  Buyers do give realtors a laundry list of items and they view various houses, narrowing down their choice.  The realtor almost always doesn't know, initially, which of those items is non-negotiable.

In this particular episode, the parent didn't attend.  Could be illness but more often, people are camera-shy.  (His pal wasn't, lol!)  HH asks viewers to suspend reality, assuming that the buyer visited only 3 homes.  They always select homes with various attributes, making viewers guess a red herring.  That's the production's (deliberate) game show attribute.

In addition, it's often difficult to ascertain floor plans from online pics.  The master on the main was popular for a time but they're usually found, in great numbers, in retirement communities.  Sure, a good realtor previews properties but occasionally 1 slips through. 

Anyway, love hearing other opinions.  Will try to check out the episode's home intros on HGTV app.  If it's that bad, will ask a few realtors that appeared on HH.  They might be surprised to hear it, too.  (Might not be their actual client, as mentioned upthread.)

Take care ...

Edited by aguabella
5 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

Did I miss the link, sheetmoss?  No worries, thanks for pulling the info.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, aguabella said:

Thought I saw the Chicago chain link fence during both the tour and reveal.  Was there a 2nd deck, with plexi?  (I don't watch the original recipe HH as closely as reno-related programs, so ???)

ETA:  Could be an expensive job, replacing it, if the issue was high winds.

There was one deck right off the living space, the initial tour had a different enclosure. The only thing I can imagine is that they toured the other apartment on that floor facing the lake, I didn't pay close enough attention to see if the reveal floorplan was flipped from the tour floorplan.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

Tonight's new episode featured a family of five with an 800K budget in Lucas, Texas, so all the places were gigantic, except to the House Hunters who kept complaining about the lack of space in the different houses. He was looking for "rustic industrial" and a 4+ car garage while she needed a grand staircase for the future prom photos. The three daughters all had their own bedrooms at their old house, apparently, but the bedrooms weren't all on the same floor like the girls wanted, so they just had to move! Obviously telling them to suck it up and deal isn't an option in this household...

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Dejana said:

"rustic industrial"

Who makes up these cockamamie titles?  What is rustic industrial anyway?  All I can think of is an old manufacturing plant with greasy floors and rusty machinery.

• Love 8

and, the mother wasn't helping the situation by making the daughters pose on said prom staircase. Yeah, the house was just a big house with little personality. Granted, I wouldn't turn it down if someone was giving it to me for free but it did lack charm. The husband must make a good salary if he can afford the house, have the wife work at home and have 3 kids. I did like the pool area. I hear it gets really HOT in Texas so I'm sure the pool is a nice bonus.

• Love 4

I'm old enough to remember when I was envious of people who had modern homes with popcorn ceilings! And the owners who liked a little glitz had sparkles in theirs.

As soon as we all get it scraped off, it might be back in style. ?

• Love 10

The woman in Cincinnati and her friend kept lapsing into what I call Valley Girl speak during the entire episode, plus the friend had a monotone, sort of vocal fry voice.  I kept getting distracted by their voices.  Obviously math is not a strong skill with some of these HH's, because the first house had only 2 bedrooms & one bath with more square footage than the 2nd house which had 3 bedrooms & 2 baths in less square footage.  Common sense, and no true mathmatical skills required, will tell you that the rooms in the second house will be smaller than the first house.  Duh! the buyer acted so disappointed upon finding out that the bedrooms were small.  If I were buying a house and the realtor showed me a 1500 sf house w/2 bedrooms, and then took me to a 1200 sf house with 3 bedrooms & another bath, I would say thanks, but no thanks, and not even set foot in the door if my priorities were larger rooms.  Yes, I know this show is fake, but really, give the HH something legit to gripe about.  I would never have considered the house with the road noise, because it could be heard through closed windows.  Those owners will be lucky to unload it at any price, IMO.  All in all, she chose the house that seemed to meet her needs, and it had a finished basement that greatly added to the square footage of the house.       

• Love 6

The three daughters all had their own bedrooms at their old house, apparently, but the bedrooms weren't all on the same floor like the girls wanted, so they just had to move! 

Clearly, this couple merely wanted a different house. That struck me as among the lamest excuses for moving.

Upscale homes in Texas (and maybe Oklahoma, too) pretty much look similar, yet when I saw the homes this family was looking at (I missed the first few moments the show), I had this eerie feeling that they were in my neck of the woods. And yep, it seems that they were just a few miles away. Strange. And believe me, most of the houses between here and there are $200-400K homes.

Anyway, I couldn't help shaking my head at the demands for more and larger, and wonder how difficult these monstrosities will be to unload in 15-20 years. Will millennials be clamoring for these homes or will they be able to buy them for a song? Perhaps turn them into places for communal living? Imagine downsizing and selling your home and then watching the buyer tear down the place and building a few smaller homes on the property. 

It'll be funny if proms go out of style or the girls all refuse to attend them 10+ years from now. Years of vacuuming and dusting up and down the steps down the drain. The mother will utter these last words on her deathbed, "No prom pictures". 

Cincinnati girl was tiresome. I couldn't understand the proclamation of "total gut job" on the bathroom in the basement. She chose the least attractive house (curb appeal-wise) in the end. She made a comment about being creeped out that other people for generations used the bathrooms in the older homes. She'd better not give any thought to the water she drinks. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, mojito said:

Clearly, this couple merely wanted a different house. That struck me as among the lamest excuses for moving.

Upscale homes in Texas (and maybe Oklahoma, too) pretty much look similar, yet when I saw the homes this family was looking at (I missed the first few moments the show), I had this eerie feeling that they were in my neck of the woods. And yep, it seems that they were just a few miles away. Strange. And believe me, most of the houses between here and there are $200-400K homes.

Anyway, I couldn't help shaking my head at the demands for more and larger, and wonder how difficult these monstrosities will be to unload in 15-20 years. Will millennials be clamoring for these homes or will they be able to buy them for a song? Perhaps turn them into places for communal living? Imagine downsizing and selling your home and then watching the buyer tear down the place and building a few smaller homes on the property. 

It'll be funny if proms go out of style or the girls all refuse to attend them 10+ years from now. Years of vacuuming and dusting up and down the steps down the drain. The mother will utter these last words on her deathbed, "No prom pictures". 

Cincinnati girl was tiresome. I couldn't understand the proclamation of "total gut job" on the bathroom in the basement. She chose the least attractive house (curb appeal-wise) in the end. She made a comment about being creeped out that other people for generations used the bathrooms in the older homes. She'd better not give any thought to the water she drinks. 

and, the Cincinnati house had the smallest family room but with a humongous couch. She had the one side touching the wall because there was no way you could center it. It was a nice starter home but then she (basically) said she would drop it like a hot potato if a man comes along. LOL!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mojito said:

My boss has been complaining for the past couple years about how he wants to sell his 11,000 square foot house, but can't get a decent price for it because the demand for homes that massive has gone down so much.  (Boo hoo, right...)  That's a more extreme example, but yeah in general I think the demand for "bigger, bigger, bigger!" has already gone down quite a bit. 

Having said that, I think for the most part millenials in 15-20 years will be looking for space to raise a family, like generations before them.  They may not want monstrosities, but I don't think they'll be looking for communal living either. 

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 4

They may not want monstrosities, but I don't think they'll be looking for communal living either. 

I was thinking in terms of converting these homes and making them group home rentals for other people. 

New word, folks, and I'm surprised someone has commented on it - "makers room". 

Red, I hadn't heard that one, but first thing I thought of  was the bourbon. Now that makes sense.

Edited by mojito
  • Love 1

Lucas TX ep:  She annoyed me so much with her "kid land".  If this lady doesn't want small children to mess up her fancy house then 1. Don't have kids and/or 2. Don't buy a fancy house!  She didn't even want the girls to use the main staircase because it was in "adult land."  UGH!!  I did think it was ironic (or maybe just stupid on their part) that the couple went on and on about how perfect and great their current home was, but the bedroom situation wasn't ideal so they had to move.  (It didn't make any sense, but whatever) They tour the first house which looks exactly like the house they are moving from and they complain about EVERYTHING! IT LOOKED JUST LIKE THEIR "PERFECT" HOUSE!  Don't even get me started on their children's names... 

Ohio ep:  Single girl living by herself.  A 2 bed / 1 bath isn't ideal because when her friends and family come over, the one bathroom situation is going to be a problem.  Seriously?  Is she "entertaining" in the bathroom?  Are they all going to need to go the bathroom at exactly the same time?  Then she commented that the brass fixtures in the bathroom were "amazing", I wanted to punch her in the throat! At the end she said she purchased house #1 because of the "amazing" bathroom and the dining room light fixture!!  UGHHHHH!!!!!   That's like buying a house because you like the paint color!!  The realtor said that house #3 was in an "up and coming neighborhood" - I thought it looked like a very nice neighborhood ... definitely the best of the three!

• Love 8

I was sick of Mrs. Texas 10 minutes in. Prom photos? Father/daughter dances? 

It's rare that we see a nice, regular couple. Either this is just poorly scripted or the people in charge look for over the top annoying people.

• Love 5
On 1/27/2018 at 12:36 AM, KLovestoShop said:

Still a few episodes behind...

Yes, I loved their story: an interracial couple that has been together since high school. They talked about getting pregnant during college and that it was a struggle for them.  And then the mom, who was worried about her little ones being around stairs, got over it and admitted that her kids quickly learned to climb the stairs. And that they used baby gates when needed. 

But I was getting gay vibes from the husband. Or maybe he just seemed gentler than the typical male HH became se didn’t whine about needing his own wing of the house to get away from his annoying wife and kids. He actually liked being with his family. Crazy. 

Oh, and he was the one who mentioned taking prom photos at the top of the stairs. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

11,000 square foot house

Jaw, meet floor!

8 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

Having said that, I think for the most part millenials in 15-20 years will be looking for space to raise a family, like generations before them.

And like generations before them, they'll be perfectly comfortable raising a family in a small or mid-sized home.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Dejana said:

Tonight's new episode featured a family of five with an 800K budget in Lucas, Texas, so all the places were gigantic, except to the House Hunters who kept complaining about the lack of space in the different houses. He was looking for "rustic industrial" and a 4+ car garage while she needed a grand staircase for the future prom photos. The three daughters all had their own bedrooms at their old house, apparently, but the bedrooms weren't all on the same floor like the girls wanted, so they just had to move! Obviously telling them to suck it up and deal isn't an option in this household...

I thought the husband looked familiar. They were on Season 104, Ep 11, when there were just 2 girls. Do people enjoy this experience so much that they’d want to do it again?

• Love 1

Last night's episode, Richmond VA: I liked both of them well enough up until the very end, when the husband said that the garage in their chosen home was "the coup de gras" - silent S. First of all, the correct expression is "coup de grace." "Gras" means fat. Secondly, "coup de grace" means mercy killing, which I bet is not what he meant. The garage was his favorite part of the house, so he most likely meant "piece de resistance." He tried to sound smart and it backfired spectacularly.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Last night's episode, Richmond VA: I liked both of them well enough up until the very end, when the husband said that the garage in their chosen home was "the coup de gras" - silent S. First of all, the correct expression is "coup de grace." "Gras" means fat. Secondly, "coup de grace" means mercy killing, which I bet is not what he meant. The garage was his favorite part of the house, so he most likely meant "piece de resistance." He tried to sound smart and it backfired spectacularly.

The wife got on my nerves. A house built between 1900 - 1930 isn't going to have a walk-in closet. I liked the house they chose though.

• Love 3
On 1/29/2018 at 7:36 PM, biakbiak said:

There was one deck right off the living space, the initial tour had a different enclosure. The only thing I can imagine is that they toured the other apartment on that floor facing the lake, I didn't pay close enough attention to see if the reveal floorplan was flipped from the tour floorplan.

Yep, always possible.  It did seem a little off - now that I think about it.  Thanks, biakbiak.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:13 AM, sheetmoss said:

Yeah !!!  That's the one!  Now we're talkin'

Those h/w floors look polished to perfection.  Think you'd slide when ... uh, scratch that.  Family show!

"The intimate, 90 unit building ... on a hot weekend afternoon!"  Sigh ...

Edited by aguabella