Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three: Time to Snuggle Up And Watch Our Couchies!

New season premieres Tuesday, Oct. 6 on Bravo at 10 pm eastern.

Returning for more cheering and jeering this season are all of our favorite couchers:

Amanda and Kenya: Sisters and Roommates

Event coordinator Kenya and nanny Amanda are sisters and roommates with a 15-year age difference. The half-sisters did not know about each other earlier in life, so when Kenya found out she had a younger sister in Arkansas, she invited her to move out to Los Angeles. These animated TV aficionados yell at the television and immerse themselves in their shows of choice – or more often older sister Kenya’s choice as she keeps a firm grip on the remote.

Blake, Scott and Emerson: Best Friends

Though these best friends are all single and not interested in dating each other, Scott says they occasionally fight like an “old, married three-way couple.” TV host and comedian Scott is a self-proclaimed “former fat kid” with a raging sweet tooth who has never had a sip of alcohol, but that doesn’t stop wine connoisseur/singer/songwriter/go-go dancer/child star from Full House, Blake, from enjoying a glass during TV viewing. While foodies Blake and Scott enjoy fancy snacks on the couch, film producer Emerson “eats like a five-year-old” and prefers to munch on sweet treats.

Cathy and Destiney: Sisters

Persian sisters Destiney and Cathy are inseparable purveyors of pop. When they are not working together in a nightclub – Destiney is Cathy’s boss – they curl up on Destiney’s couch with lots of popcorn and fruit. Cathy is extremely busy between working two jobs and caring for her nine-year-old son, but she always finds time to escape to Destiney’s for some quality TV-watching and arguing.

The Egber Family: Andrew, Julie, Sam and Jack

A family that watches TV in bed together, stays together. Parents Andrew and Julie welcome sons Sam and Jack into their bed each night for foot rubs, cuddling and fighting over the remote. Andrewis a financial adviser and has been married tohomemaker Julie for 24 years. Sam is 19-years-old and currently in college, while 16-year-old Jack is a mama’s boy who attends school online.

Julie and Brandy: Best Friends and Writing Partners

Best friends and writing partners, Julie and Brandy met on an LGBT cruise seven years ago. Julie is a single lesbian while Brandy has been happily married to her husband for eight years. The gabby gals get together three or four times a week to watch TV – mostly reality shows – at Julie’s house. Brandy admits to watching five hours of TV every day while Julie watches “one million” hours of TV each day.

The Resnick Family: Joe, Rachel, Sarah and Nicole

Watching television is a family affair for gaming consultant Joe and his three adult daughters Rachel, Sarah and Nicole. These tight-knit sisters love hard and sometimes fight hard, but they all agree that they are daddy’s girls through and through. Papa Joe realized early on that with no sons, he might as well join in on silly girly fun including busting out in spontaneous song and dance.

Teddi, Ayn and Sue: Retired Neighbors and Friends

Teddi, Ayn and Sue are friends living together in a senior artist community. The retirees affectionately tell people that they live on “Squirrel Hill” because they are “surrounded by a bunch of nuts!” They spend a good deal of time together watching their favorite shows, during which they argue, make popcorn and knit.

The Zeno Family: Lamont, Princella and Rashawn

Parents Princella and Lamont are life-long sweethearts. Originally from Detroit, the family moved to California three years ago where Rashawn and Lamont hope to make it as professional musicians. The family enjoys a snack spread while watching TV that makes it look like the Super Bowl every night, which led Princella to nickname Lamont “The Snack King” and Rashawn “The Snack Prince.”

• Love 1

My show is back!!!

Literal LOL moments tonight:

Zenos watching TAR: "We would have a better chance at that puzzle than volleyball." "First of all, we would quit."

Best Gay Friends watching Empire: Left Side Couchie "About Cookie's hair -" Middle Couchie (interrupts): "Cookie can do no wrong!"

Best GoldenGirl Friends watching TAR: Middle Couchie "I can't take all this tension!" Left Side Couchie (snaps) "It's just a game!"

• Love 5

I wish they would ditch the Resnick family; they add nothing to the show and those girls are annoying as all get out.

I loved Brandy thinking the jail on Empire looked like a junior college, because I thought the same thing.

• Love 8

Princella, all primed to be pissed: "Black people can't what?"

"Go to Mars."

"Aw, hell no. We ain't doing that!"

I guess we're calling Scott "Dimples" now?

It wasn't my favorite episode but still nice to have everyone back.

• Love 7

[While watching Grandfathered]

Andrew:  "Aren't I a Clooney?"

Jack:  "You're more like a John Goodman."

I also like how pissed off Sam was getting when that 40-year-old woman on Love at First Swipe was getting a makeover.  If you want to dress like Blossom, then dress like Blossom!

• Love 10

I'm so happy they watched Million Dollar Listing LA but I wanted to hear more Josh Flagg love.

I loved the one family's son being defensive of the wacky lady on the dating show. It was cute and endearing.

Edit: Omg, I just saw the same comment in the post above. Sorry! I second your Sam comment.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 3
I also like how pissed off Sam was getting when that 40-year-old woman on Love at First Swipe was getting a makeover.  If you want to dress like Blossom, then dress like Blossom!

And a few of them got teary about her husband dying. Awww.

I haven't watched that particular show but have seen my share of makeover TV and kind of agreed with Sam -- let her be herself! Clinton usually tries to accommodate/play along with someone's personal style, but it looks like they sanded off all traces of her former personality.

The other comment about looks that made me laugh was when Julie Egber said Jay Leno had really blown up and Andrew got all indignant on Jay's behalf: "Just because you lost weight...!" (Also, I just saw Jay on The Today Show and he looks the same as always, only older. I sympathize about bad camera angles.)

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 6

I was cracking up when the Golden Girls were watching The Muppets and Josh Groban was singing to Miss Piggy.  That one lady said, "if he kisses her, I'll throw up." And then he kissed her! 

And that recording session in jail from Empire was rich when Princella Zeno said about Terrance Howard, as he was rapping, "he looks downright crazy."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

My People are back!!  I was only able to watch half the show last night (exhaustion) but I am still giddy over my couch buddies returning.

I sooooo want to hang out with Blake, Scott and Emerson, Julie and Brandy and the Zeno family.  They give me so many chuckles.

• Love 5

Yay, they're back!  I was a little apprehensive...afraid in Season 3 it would seem like they were trying really hard to be "on".  But it didn't disappoint!  My people are as hilarious as ever! 

I have to watch it again to be able to come up with the good quotes, haha.

I've always liked Julie and Brandy but in the past I didn't really dig how they make fun of EVERYTHING...like it made feel stupid for liking anything.  But they really are funny as hell!

• Love 4

My People are back!!  I was only able to watch half the show last night (exhaustion) but I am still giddy over my couch buddies returning.

I sooooo want to hang out with Blake, Scott and Emerson, Julie and Brandy and the Zeno family.  They give me so many chuckles.

They are my favorites, too, psychoticstate.  But I'd settle for just watching with the doggies, drinks and snacks.  :-)

• Love 4

They are my favorites, too, psychoticstate.  But I'd settle for just watching with the doggies, drinks and snacks.  :-)

The snacks are to die for, aren't they?

I have my own little doggie that I can bring.  I'm in the LA area, they should call me!

• Love 3

I wish they had little subtitle things to tell us what some of the snacks are. The Zenos and the Grannies have the best looking food, but I don't know what some of it is. Other than Cheetos, that's pretty obvious. Although I prefer the crunchy kind. Speaking of which....

• Love 6

Ya know, I generally dislike scrolling tweets or other on-screen commentary but I'd make an exception in this case. The editors could add arrows pointing to Brandy's dogs with their names, the caloric info for the snacks, details about the houses and tchotchkes, fun trivia about the couchers, etc. Like pop-up videos on VH1 back in the day!

• Love 12

Heh, I think Scott needs to change his name to Palmer.

One thing I like about this show? I can see bits of shows I don't watch (or want to watch) and can participate more fully in the cultural zeitgeist.

I haven't watched that particular show but have seen my share of makeover TV and kind of agreed with Sam -- let her be herself! Clinton usually tries to accommodate/play along with someone's personal style, but it looks like they sanded off all traces of her former personality.

I was totally agreeing with Sam. I thought she looked like they'd removed her soul in the 'after' scenes.

• Love 7

To be honest, I watched the entire episode of "Love At First Swipe" as it's one of my forums here. It wasn't that bad for them to make her over, because she was OVER the top freaky with the clothing and accessories she wore. She's a stand-up comedian (or wannabe, I never was all that sure) so she thought it was OK to wear costumes and stuff on a date. And, the things she said in her original profile would send most guys running and screaming. The three guys she had to pick from at the end, the one she had a date with looked like a nice, fun guy. Sort of reminded me of her husband. So, overall, I think they did her a favor. She's still a comedian, but she's not dressed like a joke.

• Love 3

One thing I like about this show? I can see bits of shows I don't watch (or want to watch) and can participate more fully in the cultural zeitgeist.

I love that about this show too. I think the only show they watched this week that I watch was Empire. It's nice to see clips from other popular shows.

We didn't see the one set of friends (or are they sisters?) but they were in the preview so I hope they are back.

I too loved little Sam getting upset about giving the woman a makeover. It looks like both of the Egber parents lost weight - they look good. I still don't like the 3 sisters and their dad. Although the dad busting on the one daughter for "strategical" was good.

• Love 5

If they watch a good episode of Drunk History, I will die!

Drunk History could also use some of the People's Couch to drunkenly narrate and act in the reenactments. I bet Julie would be a hilarious drunk narrator.

Pretty sure they screened an episode last season.

Had no idea this show was back.

YAY!

• Love 1

Parents in the bed are looking good, Mom especially!  I also loved the son standing up for the makeover lady and how she was being treated.  I've never been able to stand those makeover shows -- it's a modern Queen for a Day.  We will humiliate you, but pay you off with stuff so you can pretend the degradation was worth it.  (Not saying the makeover wasn't worth it, but it's achievable without abuse, which isn't entertaining to me)

Apparently left hand gay couch guy was a child actor who was on Full House, which explains  the whole "You know John Stamos" thing, which kind of threw me at the time.  My mom's 80 year old (and sadly delusional/hospitalized) friend is currently convinced that John Stamos is her very good friend, due to his having appeared on the most recent TV guide cover, so elderly women creeping on him is apparently a thing.

• Love 6

I'd also like to know the back story on Ayn, Teddi, and Sue because it doesn't seem like they know each other very well. My guess is they live in the same retirement community and answered a casting call?

Bravo should do a viewer question episode with all of the couchers answering emails. How many times has Ayn been married, anyway?  :)

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 6

I didn't get to watch the live broadcast (as I'm working remote this week and not in a hotel, for once!), so I DVR'd the ep.

Glad it's back.  Really glad!  This show never fails to make me laugh out loud (and probably scare some of my hotel floormates, but not this week!).

Keep it coming!

• Love 1

I'd also like to know the back story on Ayn, Teddi, and Sue because it doesn't seem like they know each other very well. My guess is they live in the same retirement community and answered a casting call?

Bravo should do a viewer question episode with all of the couchers answering emails. How many times has Ayn been married, anyway?  :)

She's my favorite. My least favorite is Bea Arthur (Teddi).

We didn't see the one set of friends (or are they sisters?) but they were in the preview so I hope they are back.

Err... a little of both? Interesting about them, because I just learned this myself - they are half sisters that just recently learned about one another. Kenya (older sister) learned Amanda existed a few years ago and invited her to live with her in LA. They are so in synch you'd think they grew up together, but no!

Some fun exclusive clips: http://www.bravotv.com/the-peoples-couch/season-1/episode-106/videos?clip=2765289

Apparently left hand gay couch guy was a child actor who was on Full House, which explains  the whole "You know John Stamos" thing, which kind of threw me at the time. 

Yea, he played the kid that played Yankee Doodle in that school play with Michelle. He was in like 6 eps, I think. He was also in the Little Rascals movie.

To be perfectly honest, this is legit my fave show on tv right now. It's such a blast.

• Love 5

OMG, Julie and Brandy regarding Gabrielle Carteris while watching the 90210 movie:

"I'm 50 and just starting menopause"

"My arthritis is acting up"

"The sun makes my wrists hurt"

"I've already had breast cancer four times"

• Love 12

I scared the cat, laughing so hard, at the Zeno men and the looks on their faces when Annalise and the female attorney were getting it on. "Shonda Rimes wrote the hell out of that!" LMAO!!!

The Voice:

"I just want someone's story to start with I'm rich, I've never had any struggles, nobody died, I just basically want to sing..."

"Girl, you done came over here for nothing."

"Oh, he works in a candy store, I love him already! I wonder if he has cavities?"

"I'm looking for a slut with a big vagina who's looking for a big ol' dumb guy."

(Zeno son shusshhing mom)

Beverly Hills 90210

"Oh, I see, Tori Spelling was the genius behind 90210!"

"I think everybody's going to screw each other, they'll take turns."

(Ian mentions shark and tornado) "Ok, that's it... I'm out...."

"Are they voting her off the 90210 island? Gosh, 90s Survivor was rough"

Survivor

"They look like they're Blair Witching out!"

"Wore a church shirt and done pulled off the sleeves!"

Kardashians

I can't even comment on the interchangeable he/she him/her stuff.

Madame Secretary

"If I close my eyes, I think I'm just listening to men talking"

"Tea Leoni is about to be president. Oh, she really can't rehearse a musical number now!"

"Don't sing Billy Joel or I will shrivel up and die"

"That is the dustiest damn glass ceiling!"

Botched

"It's just bone on skin on stupid"

"I have a problem because I just want to see the boobs now"

The chin strap had me cracking up... again!

• Love 3

I loved the side eye Princella gave Rashawn during the lesbian sex scene on HTGAWM, and Rashawn looking away as if he wasn't watching. Made me snort.

"She's Persian!!"

"I'm Kim!!??"

I don't watch Real Housewives so maybe I'm missing something, but the sympathy/tears for that woman in prison seemed a bit overwrought.

Missed the grannies this time.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 5

The only bad thing about this show: I watched it at 11pm, had many fits of laughter, and was wide awake at bedtime.

Julie was hilarious, and I just love the Zeno kid. Too many great moments to mention.

But...the little yappie dogs at Julie's house are a hoot. They have their own separate little show going on, constantly climbing, snarling, begging for food, and sleepily blinking at the camera lights.

I was also surprised at the emotion over that crook Teresa. Goes to show that Bravo's calculated decision to promote her prison time, complete with sobbing children, paid off.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4

RHoNJ

Joe G : It ain't easy trying to take care of 4 girls.

Dimples : I had to learn all their names ...

The Voice

Dimples : "He just pooed glitter 'cause she turned around".

Madam Secretary

"Tea Leoni's about to be President"

"Oh, she really can't rehearse a musical number now"

"The pilot is alive.  He's communicating in morse code"

"Morse code : Get me an In-N-Out burger now"

• Love 3

Welcome back, couchers. I have missed my favorite meta show. Where else can you watch people watch tv while you're watching tv?

I had to go back and read this sentence 3 times before I got it :D

Ya know, I generally dislike scrolling tweets or other on-screen commentary but I'd make an exception in this case. The editors could add arrows pointing to Brandy's dogs with their names, the caloric info for the snacks, details about the houses and tchotchkes, fun trivia about the couchers, etc. Like pop-up videos on VH1 back in the day!

Are you there TPTB? It's me Zaldamo.   This the best idea ever! 

I scared the cat, laughing so hard, at the Zeno men and the looks on their faces when Annalise and the female attorney were getting it on. "Shonda Rimes wrote the hell out of that!" LMAO!!!

LMAO!!  the synchronized head tilt though?  I live. I die.

Princella.  Like a mash up of Princess and Cinderella.  Sitting here giggling at how much that would make Raven Symone's spine itch. 

• Love 6

This show is my guilty pleasure.

Side note, what the hell happened to Tea Leoni?

And who did she piss off in makeup/hair and wardrobe?

She was giving me Grey Gardens teas last night.

I had the same thought! Looked up her age and she's 49. I don't watch the show but figured they must be trying to make her look older for the role.

• Love 1

I loved the side eye Princella gave Rashawn during the lesbian sex scene on HTGAWM, and Rashawn looking away as if he wasn't watching. Made me snort.

"She's Persian!!"

"I'm Kim!!??"

I don't watch Real Housewives so maybe I'm missing something, but the sympathy/tears for that woman in prison seemed a bit overwrought.

Missed the grannies this time.

I didn't watch the "Teresa (RHoNJ) checks in" show but my sister did she said she cried because of the kids. I bet that's what the crying was about.

I love this show. They usually say what I'm thinking about. Like about "How to get away with murder" I swear, I hate that show, hate it! and yet I can't wait to watch the next episode, gets me hooked even week. One of the couchies (I'm terrible with names) said they should take notes to keep up with HTGAWM, and I so agree, I'm always lost.

People's couch has to be the best show on TV.

• Love 3

I loved everyone looking away during the lesbian sex interlude.

Mrs. Zeno doing her Shonda Rhimes writing demonstration was priceless.

Even funnier was the son mocking her scribbling motions, and miming typing on a keyboard instead.

ETA:  imjagain - I hate Shonda, and still watch her TGIT shows!

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 3