Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

(edited)

If it was Kim, he was also then attacking his own father because Bruce talked glowingly about Kim during the special. Doesn't make sense why she'd need to be blasted for posting positive comments, when Bruce has out right said how  much Kanye and Kim have been supportive the most. 

Edited by Artsda

I kind of doubt that Burt was talking about Kylie. Mostly because I think few people would put a teen on blast over something like that. I think he was probably talking about either Kris or Kim. Both of whom have been supportive in the public eye but I doubt were as supportive over the last few years. I think Kylie was just defending a family member. 

see her poor brother Rob, or Khloe, Kourtney, and Scott. She's said plenty of shit about Bruce on TV and god only knows what she's said to his face or to others that we haven't heard about. But now she's giving him fashion tips and is all on board? Doubtful.

Right, Kim has been openly nasty to Rob on the show-- snarking on his earning capacity, weight, etc. 

(edited)

I know sentiment is Burt was talking about Kris or Kylie, but I assumed it was Kim he was talking about. Kim has been the judge and jury of that entire family for years now, see her poor brother Rob, or Khloe, Kourtney, and Scott. She's said plenty of shit about Bruce on TV and god only knows what she's said to his face or to others that we haven't heard about. But now she's giving him fashion tips and is all on board? Doubtful.

I wondered about this too. Especially since Kim is now spokeswoman for Bruce and her face and fat ass are on all the new and talks shows. Even though Bruce says she got on board with him the quickest of the family, I can help but question her motive and sincerity. She has not an ounce of sympathy for Rob, (though I noticed a change in her remarks about him lately), but is Bruce's biggest fan? Odd too when she is usually Kris's staunchest defender, and now that Kris seems to be struggling with this, Kim is publicly representing Team Bruce. I think she's out there to maintain the brand, to do damage control and to of course get her mug on as many shows as possible.

Bruce may well believe Kim is fully supportive of him, that doesn't mean she is. She's played Bruce before.. . When Khloe wanted to do something for Bruce's Bday, Kim was all too busy to be thinking about it, but commented that Khloe just wanted to be the favored daughter, then she got  all involved and tracked down his Olympic teammates. Kim is all about Kim and what is best for Kim and whatever is bringing the money in for Kim. If reaction to Bruce had been negative or lukewarm at best, I doubt she'd be so public.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 6

Yeah, Bruce can say Kim's a great supporter all he wants, and maybe she's been actually the best of the K girl's but had the interview gone south or public support not been there or if it had turned ugly in the media, she would be distancing herself as much as possible. I hate to say this, but of course Kim is the one most publicly accepting. She loves the media it's getting her and let's be honest, she's the K kid who least had anything to do with Bruce in the last 15 years, it's almost like she's supporting a vague acquaintance, not a family member. 

• Love 3

Yeah, Bruce can say Kim's a great supporter all he wants, and maybe she's been actually the best of the K girl's but had the interview gone south or public support not been there or if it had turned ugly in the media, she would be distancing herself as much as possible. I hate to say this, but of course Kim is the one most publicly accepting. She loves the media it's getting her and let's be honest, she's the K kid who least had anything to do with Bruce in the last 15 years, it's almost like she's supporting a vague acquaintance, not a family member. 

I saw her come prancing out on one of the Jimmy shows last night, giggling about not testing her outfit for a wardrobe malfunction, Christ, you're there to be a spokesperson for Bruce supposedly, you cant keep the tits and ass covered for one night? 

Oh and Kanye had to fly to Belgium to find wood? If he cant find any wood closer to home that might be why Kim isn't getting pregnant.  Why do I think all these shopping trips are a convenient way to stay away from Kim? I mean she's on a mission to get knocked up... him going to Belgium and Fiji aint gonna get that done.

• Love 1

If they have gone ahead & filed, then that probably means that Bruce has been found responsible in some way for the crash. 

If they have gone ahead & filed, then that probably means that Bruce has been found responsible in some way for the crash.

There doesn't have to be any such finding for (apparently) vulture stepchildren to file a lawsuit.  There was a plane crash near my city recently; ambulance chaser lawyers filed a lawsuit within 48 hours. 

Regardless of fault for the accident, I hope the case is thrown out simply on the basis that they seem to have had no relationship with this lady, and shouldn't profit from her death. 

• Love 1

Of course the step kids who haven't had anything to do with her in years are suing. She got a boat load of Daddy's money when he died and she left it to charity in her will. They can't get that back, so they had to find another way to try to cash in. And given she has no other living relatives, they are literally the only ones who can make a claim. 

• Love 2

Threre's nothing legal to have basis for the lawsuit, Bruce is famous and has money is all they care about not the actual law or investigation.

I saw her come prancing out on one of the Jimmy shows last night, giggling about not testing her outfit for a wardrobe malfunction, Christ, you're there to be a spokesperson for Bruce supposedly, you cant keep the tits and ass covered for one night?

She wasn't there for Bruce/spokesperson, she was there on her 'Selfish' book tour promotions.
  • Love 2

Bruce won't pay any civil judgment, his auto insurer will.  The Kardashians no doubt have very good financial advisors, all of their assets are protected and they are insured up the ying yang. 

• Love 1

Don't they know that he's a SAINT now that he's transgender and deserves nothing but support?

Not sure I understand your point, xls.  If Bruce is criminally responsible for the accident, he will be prosecuted.  If he was negligent in causing the accident, then those who have truly suffered a loss as a result should be able to seek a civil remedy, including being appropriately compensated. That compensation would be paid by Bruce's auto insurance, unless he was foolishly underinsured, in which case they could pursue any assets which Bruce holds personally.  I expect all Kardashians/Jenners have all of their assets tied up in corporate names or trust funds, and they are therefore safe from execution.

This has nothing to do with Bruce's character, but everything to do with the character of the stepchildren seeking to cash in when they had no financial dependence and apparently no personal relationship with the deceased. 

• Love 6

Threre's nothing legal to have basis for the lawsuit, Bruce is famous and has money is all they care about not the actual law or investigation.

She wasn't there for Bruce/spokesperson, she was there on her 'Selfish' book tour promotions.

My bad. I only read about the appearance didn't see it other than photos.

Bruce recorded a voice over for the Upfronts presentation.

Variety

New look at Bruce Jenner's series shown at #NBCUCable upfront: "I see it as an honor that I'm in a position where I can share my experience"

.@NBCUniversal previews E!s Bruce Jenner documentary series #Upfronts2015

Bruce Jenner says he's excited to make a difference in transgender community in new look at his E! summer docuseries shown at #upfronts2015

Bruce Jenner E! clip shows Kris Jenner crying, other K's discussing. Bruce's VO sez "I can't wait to introduce you to her." #upfronts2015

Kris, Khloe and Kylie (who said nothing) was asked about Bruce on the red carpet.

http://ca.eonline.com/shows/kardashians/videos/235430/kris-kylie-and-khloe-get-candid-on-kuwtk-about-bruce

Bruce Jenner and every single one of the Kardashians have led their lives strictly on their own terms and agenda which, thanks to Kris, was focused on money and fame. Bruce could have done this decades ago if he was really true to himself and said "screw the money and screw my untarnished image as a national hero and champion". Obviously, he made a choice and a trade-off. Now, halfway through his 60's, he's had this grand epiphany and the striking realization that he's running out of time to have what it is he really wanted all his life. He chose to take the path of least resistance and franchise himself out for most of his life for the money. Disclosure of his gender transitioning would have possibly cost him and all his families a lot of money. People in the general population aren't as open-minded and accepting as we'd like them to be and Bruce Jenner and the Kardashians feared that reality as a possible decline in the production of their money machine. If the cow is still giving milk, then why kill it?

If you've seen the Diane Sawyer interview, you'll see that the only children that appear to be solidly and unquestioningly in support of Bruce are the children he had with his two former wives. Those four children from the two marriages, Burt, Casey, Brandon and Brody are his true support. These children were fortunate to have mothers who were grounded and unselfish and they all grew up to be well- balanced, kind, unselfish adults. The other two children Kylie and Kendall were not as fortunate since they had Kris as their mother and have been trained from birth to be shallow-minded.  Kourtney, Kim, Khloe and Rob were raised with a sense of entitlement and naturally became narcissistic, self-absorbed, money seeking adults. Any support they give to Bruce publicly is for their own selfish agendas. Any attempts of public demonstrations of support for Bruce appears disingenuous and is offered solely for the benefit of their own public image. The clip of Khloe coming to Bruce with four or five boxed up women's clothing was done so the camera (and us) can see how wonderful, open and accepting she is of Bruce becoming a woman. That was for her benefit, not his.

Yes, they're rich beyond our imaginations but the Kardashian women are inherently stupid in the head, narrow-minded and self-centered. There's a lot of empathy needed to understand the complexity of transgender people and truthfully I think that empathy is one emotion they never had to learn.

• Love 9
(edited)

Those four children from the two marriages, Burt, Casey, Brandon and Brody are his true support. These children were fortunate to have mothers who were grounded and unselfish and they all grew up to be well- balanced, kind, unselfish adults.

Brody Jenner? well-balanced, kind, unselfish?

Edited by escape
  • Love 4

Brody and Brandon did Princes of Malibu, Brody's been in any reality show that would have them and they both jumped on KUWTK when it benefited them. Brandon to promote his music, Brody for his latest reality show and he got a gig at Tao because of that connection.

The 2 older kids are barely known. And to Bruce, I think it's illogical that the children Bruce didn't raise and barely knew are his true support compared to the ones he did raise every day. It's different types of relationships, the kids he raised have a deeper connection to him which could make it harder for them than basically his older kids that he barely knows.

• Love 3
(edited)

What I don't understand is why Bruce stopped his transition back when he married Kris. He said that he was taking female hormones at the time and had developed B cup breasts. So he had made the decision to become a woman many years ago, and had started the process. Why did he give up seeking his "real" self, marry her and have two more children?

What was it about Kris that he wanted badly enough to keep on living as a man, even though he was convinced that he was really a woman? Kris was moderately attractive back then, but based on what we've heard about her behavior while married to Kardashian, she was already a sleazebag.

Edited to add:  HumblePi, you have a good point in saying that Bruce delayed his transition until now because he didn't want to ruin his image as an Olympian and potentially lose income for his family. But if he had gone as far as taking hormone treatments and developing breasts before marrying Kris, it seems that he was already being somewhat open about the transition. Maybe he just chickened out?

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 3

Why did he give up seeking his "real" self, marry her and have two more children?

Maybe he just chickened out?

Bruce explained the 20/20 interview that he downplayed being transgender to Kris. Making it seem that he only enjoyed cross dressing. I think because he was in love with her, and knew that if he were to tell Kris that he was transgender she'd end the relationship, and he didn't want that. 

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying chickened out. It's a decision not to be made lightly, and quite frightening. Bruce might've wanted to believe he could continue to live out the rest of his life as male. He finally realized he couldn't and took the steps to transition. 

I find it sad. It's understandable. Yet, transitioning so late in life.

• Love 4

Bruce explained the 20/20 interview that he downplayed being transgender to Kris. Making it seem that he only enjoyed cross dressing. I think because he was in love with her, and knew that if he were to tell Kris that he was transgender she'd end the relationship, and he didn't want that. 

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying chickened out. It's a decision not to be made lightly, and quite frightening. Bruce might've wanted to believe he could continue to live out the rest of his life as male. He finally realized he couldn't and took the steps to transition. 

I find it sad. It's understandable. Yet, transitioning so late in life.

You're probably right. It's just that I find it hard to imagine anybody being in love with Kris. But Bruce said the other day that she's a great person and he still loves her. If I remember correctly, he told Diane Sawyer that if Kris had been willing to accept the gender transition, they would still be together [not divorced].

• Love 1

You're probably right. It's just that I find it hard to imagine anybody being in love with Kris. But Bruce said the other day that she's a great person and he still loves her. If I remember correctly, he told Diane Sawyer that if Kris had been willing to accept the gender transition, they would still be together [not divorced].

That is interesting. Confirms right there that Kris knew he was transitioning long ago. And if Kris knew, we must assume the rest of the family knew. Sheds some light on everyone's shocked! reactions last night.

That is interesting. Confirms right there that Kris knew he was transitioning long ago. And if Kris knew, we must assume the rest of the family knew. Sheds some light on everyone's shocked! reactions last night.

I understood it as Kris knew he liked to cross dress but did not know that he wanted to transition. Either way, I can understand that they were upset and shocked by his decision to transition NOW. Maybe they kinda/ sorta knew that he wanted to transition or struggled with that but assumed he never would. 

Don't they know that he's a SAINT now that he's transgender and deserves nothing but support?

Transgender has nothing to do with it.   He's a "saint" because he's rich and famous.   Wealth and celebrity guarantee sainthood in America.   Wealth and celebrity are also the reasons why everyone is so publicly supportive of his life choices.   If he were just an aging nobody, things would be quite a bit different for him.

• Love 4

Bruce is fighting back against the wrongful death suit.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/27/bruce-jenner-kim-how-malibu-car-crash-wrongful-death-suit/

Bruce Jenner says the adult stepchildren of the woman who died in his Malibu car crash don't deserve a SINGLE PENNY from him ... because they didn't lose anything when she died.

Jenner just responded to the stepkids -- 57-year-old William and 60-year-old Dana -- in new legal docs ... saying their thin family connection does NOT give them the right to sue for wrongful death.

Long story short ... Jenner says William and Dana are grown ass adults that never depended on their stepmom Kim Howe to pay for essential things in their lives ... such as food, shelter, clothing or medical treatment.

Jenner says the accident was a "terrible tragedy" -- but says it's not an excuse for William and Dana to cash in on Kim's death.

TMZ broke the story ... Kim had no relationship with her stepkids, and that her friends say she hadn't spoken with them in years.

Jenner is asking the court to throw out the case. Stay tuned.

(edited)

They don't deserve anything from him. They had nothing to do with their stepmother while alive, but suddenly care she died when they can get money off it? They deserve nothing.

If she had legit family who loved & missed her, that would be different.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 7

The law is the law.   It has nothing to do with who "deserves" what or who loves or misses whom.    If the stepchildren are entitled to sue under the law, then the lawsuit will go ahead.   And I hope it does.

• Love 3

The law is the law. It has nothing to do with who "deserves" what or who loves or misses whom. If the stepchildren are entitled to sue under the law, then the lawsuit will go ahead. And I hope it does.

Bruce's attorney will probably argue the lack of a longstanding relationship / deep affection etc as a

way to minimize the amount awarded for emotional damages.

(edited)

Bruce's attorney will probably argue the lack of a longstanding relationship / deep affection etc as a

way to minimize the amount awarded for emotional damages.

Almost certainly.   Just as the stepchildren's lawyer will argue Jenner's negligence, his lies to the police following the crash ("I was being chased by paparazzi"), and possibly his disgusting self-absorption and self-promotion in the months immediately following the crash (though it may have no bearing on the case).

Although if it does proceed, chances are good it will be settled out of court.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2
(edited)

I guess it will occur the same time as the debut of the series, I'm guessing the August cover.

Annie did Kim's debut Vogue.  I bet she attends the shoot, or they ask to have a shot of Bruce/"her" and the girls.

Edited by Artsda

In Touch is saying 'her' name is Kaitlyn. Better than the Belinda I read before, but, really? A K name? At least go with a B name.

Kaitlyn is the name of Brody's GF as well which would be odd

Kaitlyn is the name of Brody's GF as well which would be odd

Maybe Brody and his girl were walking down the street and a reporter welled out "what's Her name?" and Brody yelled out Kaitlyn as a reflex? That's what I'm going to believe, otherwise its to creepy. 

And Caitlyn's Twitter feed is up (and verified)--@Caitlyn_Jenner. She's tweeted the cover image and this: "I'm so happy after such a long struggle to be living my true self. Welcome to the world Caitlyn. Can't wait for you to get to know her/me." 

Truly lovely. I'm so happy for her.

• Love 3
(edited)

I still don't like the name Caitlyn; but I have to admit she looks way better than I ever imagined !  

Do we change the thread name now to "Caitlyn?"  < love that it's with a "C" too !!!

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 1

I can't help it - I giggled that Caitlyn awesomely stole Kim's pregger thunder. AND that he chose a name that could easily be spelled with a K, but isn't!

She looks gorgeous!

• Love 13