Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

I still find it an extremely bizarre coincidence that the paps just happened to have a camera crew right at that exact location on the opposite side of the street. Is that a major intersection where it would make sense for them to randomly set up show for a prolonged period? It seems really statistically improbable that they just happened to be filming at that second. Not saying that they were directly responsible, but maybe the Prius slowed to rubberneck at the cameras randomly set up on the opposite side?

• Love 2

I just want to get my hands on the so-called journalists from Yahoo who write these stories and slap them silly.  The first article they did on the accident basically said "Bruce Jenner safe, one dead in accident."  Phew, I'm sure glad Bruce was 'safe', because a woman losing her life wasn't as important to the story.  But then, what do you expect when they make a story out of Kim cutting her hair?  They don't run stories when an A-list celebrity cuts her hair, but famewhore Kim gets a headline.  I'm so sick of Yahoo shoving that pathetic family down our throats with their reporting of every move the morons make.   

I saw articles that described what Bruce was wearing. For goodness sakes. I would hope the family of the woman killed has been notified by now. Pictures of her vehicle all over, and descriptions of the damage, certainly was coldhearted, imo . We see this many times with car accident reports. It makes me think of when a police officer is wounded, or killed. So many officer's families would be worried to death.

I still find it an extremely bizarre coincidence that the paps just happened to have a camera crew right at that exact location on the opposite side of the street. Is that a major intersection where it would make sense for them to randomly set up show for a prolonged period? It seems really statistically improbable that they just happened to be filming at that second. Not saying that they were directly responsible, but maybe the Prius slowed to rubberneck at the cameras randomly set up on the opposite side?

According to somebody who knows that stretch of road it's prime celeb hunting territory for the paps .And the camera was in a moving vehicle on the opposite side of the road and was a freelancer.

I saw articles that described what Bruce was wearing. For goodness sakes. I would hope the family of the woman killed has been notified by now. Pictures of her vehicle all over, and descriptions of the damage, certainly was coldhearted, imo . We see this many times with car accident reports. It makes me think of when a police officer is wounded, or killed. So many officer's families would be worried to death.

Worse than that .Brody and his GF turned up to see if Bruce was OK and the Daily Mail went in to a big bit about what they were wearing .

I am sorry about the loss of your son. I lost my daughter a little over 5 years ago. No words.

My heart goes out to you both. Another member here of "the club nobody wants to be a part of," six years and also vehicular. No words indeed. That's why I don't even care if he wasn't texting, he should still be charged with distracted driving for having a hand out the window smoking. Both hands on the damned wheel while driving, you stand a better chance of reacting to something so sudden. (I know there's no law against it, but there should be. No different than holding a phone to your ear IMO.)

I agree, the most appalling part of this whole thing to me was all the photos of the cars and the headlines being about Bruce is just fine, and ohyahbtw a lady died too.

• Love 4

I love how TMZ is suddenly the legal experts and say it's unlikely Bruce will be charged with anything. Anytime I've seen a multiple car crash like that, everyone got charged. Following too close, failure to signal, etc., etc.

I am insurance agent and each car that rear-ended another vehicle will probably receive a surcharge on their insurance for an at fault accident. It will depend on how much damage property wise if it is deemed by their company as a surcharge-able accident. 

I am insurance agent and each car that rear-ended another vehicle will probably receive a surcharge on their insurance for an at fault accident. It will depend on how much damage property wise if it is deemed by their company as a surcharge-able accident. 

The dead woman doesn't count?

• Love 3

Again, people are confusing civil liability, motor vehicle infractions, and criminal charges.

Bruce would no doubt be found at least partially at fault if he were sued civilly.

He might even receive a ticket for some motor vehicle infraction - following too closely, speeding, texting if that is proven...

But no way in hell will he be charged with a crime, such as manslaughter. 

• Love 2

Isn't PCH heavily traveled, such as bumper-to-bumper traffic? (At least that's the way it's depicted on TV.) That really wouldn't give anybody a chance to slow down or come to a complete halt. It sounds like the driver of the Prius was the one who caused the accident. Bruce and the deceased woman were just reacting. Not only was Bruce piloting that heavy Escalade, but, also the trailer with the ATV on it. It must have been the sheer weight that propelled the Lexus from a stopping position into the oncoming lane of traffic. Wouldn't it also have pushed the Prius? Those look like fairly lightweight cars.

• Love 1

Isn't PCH heavily traveled, such as bumper-to-bumper traffic? (At least that's the way it's depicted on TV.) That really wouldn't give anybody a chance to slow down or come to a complete halt. It sounds like the driver of the Prius was the one who caused the accident. Bruce and the deceased woman were just reacting. Not only was Bruce piloting that heavy Escalade, but, also the trailer with the ATV on it. It must have been the sheer weight that propelled the Lexus from a stopping position into the oncoming lane of traffic. Wouldn't it also have pushed the Prius? Those look like fairly lightweight cars.

Bruce's car had quite a bit of damage, as did the rear of the white Lexus. He may not have been traveling fast, but the sheer size of the Escalade with the added weight of the trailer and UTV, would have created quite an impact and possibly helped push her car into oncoming traffic. Bruce, as we've seen him is a gentle, soft soul, regardless of criminal or civil liability, I'm sure he is torn up over this woman's death. I'm sure it will weigh heavy on his heart and mind for many many years. It's a reminder to all of us to always maintain a safe distance between vehicles, as difficult as that is to do, the alternative is worse.

• Love 1

Bruce's car had quite a bit of damage, as did the rear of the white Lexus. He may not have been traveling fast, but the sheer size of the Escalade with the added weight of the trailer and UTV, would have created quite an impact and possibly helped push her car into oncoming traffic. Bruce, as we've seen him is a gentle, soft soul, regardless of criminal or civil liability, I'm sure he is torn up over this woman's death. I'm sure it will weigh heavy on his heart and mind for many many years. It's a reminder to all of us to always maintain a safe distance between vehicles, as difficult as that is to do, the alternative is worse.

Physics more than anything else would have sent it spinning left. Bruce apparently braked and steered hard right to try and avoid her (all the rear damage to her is on the right side) and it created a PIT and the Lexus span off sideways to the other side(like a pool ball being clipped) and unfortunately the Hummer was coming the other way. He was lucky that the SUV/trailer didn't jack knife .

Agree about how it will weigh on him .Remember Bruce's brother Burt was killed by a drunk driver .

The Prius driver is being evasive about what they initially were doing according to reports .

• Love 1

Bruce has released a statement:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/08/entertainment/bruce-jenner-car-accident/

"My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident," Jenner said in a statement released Sunday by his publicist, Alan Nierob. "It is a devastating tragedy, and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them. I will continue to cooperate in every way possible."

The sole fatality from the four-car accident involving Bruce Jenner on Saturday, Feb. 7 has been identified as Kim Howe, The Los Angeles Times reports. Howe was a neighbor of the famous Kardashian-Jenner clan, who live in Calabasas, Calif.

She was 69 at the time of her death.

Howe was driving her Lexus when she collided with a Toyota Prius that had slowed down, and Jenner then rear-ended her Lexus with his Cadillac Escalade, causing Howe’s car to go into oncoming traffic.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/bruce-jenner-crash-fatality-victim-identified-kardashians-neighbor-195000249-us-weekly.html

Edited by ifoundit

If he's mid transition, which jail does he go to?

Any person arrested while transitioning will be housed according to their physical genitalia.  So if Bruce has his penis, he goes to the men's jail.

I watch those jail/prison shows.  Most lockups these days seem to have assigned dorms for gay/transgender inmates.  I did see one with a transgender woman, she had implanted breasts, had been on hormones, etc, but because she still had a penis she was in the mens dorm, breasts and all.

Not necessarily. Not having a driver's license and/or insurance doesn't cause a person to have a traffic accident. If a person caused a traffic accident and was found to be without a license and/or insurance, then that would certainly factor into assessing fines and/or sentencing.

• Love 1

You don't go to jail if you're following too closely and have an at fault accident unless you're DUI or it can be proven you deliberately caused the crash, which is pretty hard to do.   It was an accident, and almost all accidents have an element of careless driving on all the driver's parts who were involved.    Just getting behind the wheel means you have accepted a certain amount of culpability.    Bruce isn't going to jail.   Since he's Bruce Jenner, he likely is well insured and that will be the end of the issue.     Damn Bruce, this is a wake up call.   Drop off the earth,    go somewhere where you can live your life in peace and privacy.    These Kardashians are succubuses.  (succubi?)

• Love 1

I work in the insurance industry... Bruce wouldn't go to jail unless there was a criminal act (DUI, etc). This is a civil issue. As for the un-licensed driver, she may have borrowed someone else's car and/or took the car without the owner's knowledge. Or her license could have been recently revoked and her insurer wasn't notified. I don't know how California insurance law works, but typically you don't get insurance unless you have a valid driver's license.

I've only had limited claims exposure to California insurance policies but the ones I have dealt with only have basic coverage.

• Love 1

I work in the insurance industry... Bruce wouldn't go to jail unless there was a criminal act (DUI, etc). This is a civil issue. As for the un-licensed driver, she may have borrowed someone else's car and/or took the car without the owner's knowledge. Or her license could have been recently revoked and her insurer wasn't notified. I don't know how California insurance law works, but typically you don't get insurance unless you have a valid driver's license.

I've only had limited claims exposure to California insurance policies but the ones I have dealt with only have basic coverage.

From what I read she was a widow, no children. Unless she has a relative who sues on her behalf, I would think even Bruce's civil liability is limited. Her husband allegedly died two days after they closed on their house in Calabases in 2003. The news article says she was wealthy.

The pics of the.moment of impact clearly show she was wearing a seat belt. How sad that the last seconds of her life were captured that way.

I feel for Bruce. I wouldn't want to have to live with that memory. I'm glad his daughters weren't so bothered or concerned that they had to sacrifice a night of partying to keep him company. It may have taken him a few hours to really feel the full emotional impact. At least Brody and his GF were there at the scene.

• Love 1

I feel badly for Bruce. Gah, driving really is so scary. You get in your car so often, it can become mundane and thoughtless, but really every time you drive you have to be SO careful and alert, and hope everyone else on the road with you is also alert and knows what they’re doing.

I can imagine Bruce having a really hard time with this. He is a good person. Kim would probably be like “oh these accident scene pictures are another chance for my outfit to be seen”. I wonder if this will affect his transition? I admit I don’t know much, but from the little I have read since Bruce’s news, there’s a psych eval and this accident could really mess with him mentally (as it would anyone!) and I wonder if it would possibly derail some aspects of the transition.

• Love 2

You know your (my) news sources are messed up when you use Bruce as a teaching point. I had dinner with my mom last night and as we were getting ready to leave, she started telling about a car accident her boyfriend's sister was in over the weekend. The sister was driving along on a road that's kind of hilly and curvy. We had some ice, snow, and some warmer temps making everything a mess. The sister came up behind a car that had tried inching up a hill, but lost momentum and stopped dead. A third car came flying up behind them and smashed the sister's car in the middle. Luckily the sister was driving a giant classic Caddy, built like a tank, and was okay. The car, not so much. But I was like OMG, that's how Bruce Jenner just killed someone (not that I think it was all Bruce's fault, but you know what I mean).

Later at dinner my mom started telling me she felt bad for the 2 youngest girls, that Bruce shouldn't be transitioning because of them. Um, I'm pretty sure those girls are better prepared than any of his kids, they've basically grown up with him making changes. 

Later at dinner my mom started telling me she felt bad for the 2 youngest girls, that Bruce shouldn't be transitioning because of them. Um, I'm pretty sure those girls are better prepared than any of his kids, they've basically grown up with him making changes.

I can't remember where I read this, but it recent - that Bruce had wanted to transition for years but wanted to wait until the 2 girls were old enough to handle it.  That makes sense to me.

If Page Six can be believed, his transition is on hold as a result of the accident. He is going through with the documentary, the Sawyer interview, but the "wider process" has slowed down. In addition, the article says filming on KUWTK  has been put on hold this week, as E network decides how to deal with the accident.

http://pagesix.com/2015/02/11/bruce-jenner-puts-the-brakes-on-transition-after-deadly-crash/

I can't remember where I read this, but it recent - that Bruce had wanted to transition for years but wanted to wait until the 2 girls were old enough to handle it.  That makes sense to me.

If Page Six can be believed, his transition is on hold as a result of the accident. He is going through with the documentary, the Sawyer interview, but the "wider process" has slowed down. In addition, the article says filming on KUWTK  has been put on hold this week, as E network decides how to deal with the accident.

http://pagesix.com/2015/02/11/bruce-jenner-puts-the-brakes-on-transition-after-deadly-crash/

Bruce has been rarely seen on KUWTK since his separation and divorce. Why are they holding up filming?  Unless he is much more of a presence

this season, which I would think would only be because of his transition I  don't see why they would stop production.   

Even if Bruce was on his cell phone, the criminal penalties are negligible. Which is why people continue to do it, and why there are public service ads against it. "Don't talk on your cell phone and drive", "don't start forest fires", same difference. 

It's sad that the ones most likely to be liable are the people without valid driver's licenses. Yes, folks, there are reasons to go to the DMV and get a license, and carry insurance.

Just for perspective, undocumented immigrants have been driving and have car accidents (yes, even fatal) for years and years and nothing happens to them.

Edited by maraleia
you had part of the terminology correct, i fixed the other word

LA is a huge city with subpar public transportation. People will continue to drive, with or without valid licenses, out of necessity.

If you watch Judge Judy, there are hundreds of thousands driving without licenses and or insurance. And everyone of them wasn't aware the insurance lapsed and their license was either suspended by mistake or they didn't know it had been.

I suspect not wanting to pay for it is a big part of the reason and horrible driving records, tickets, violations etc is another.

Yes, having a drivers license is a good thing and legally required, but unless either of them lost their license due to some kind of moving violation, it's sadly not all that relevant. Let's say the older woman never did anything wrong while driving, no tickets, no nothing, just didn't renew it. It's not like you have to do anything special to renew other than show up, pass the eye exam, and fork over the money. Now, if she didn't renew because she was half blind, thats different. Same with the Prius driver. 

Even if Bruce was on his cell phone, the criminal penalties are negligible. Which is why people continue to do it, and why there are public service ads against it. "Don't talk on your cell phone and drive", "don't start forest fires", same difference. 

True, and it's a problem the penalties aren't bigger.  But for Bruce specifically, after climbing out of the P.R. basement the past few days with some reveals that helped him. now he's back in the basement again.  The fact that he's even driving himself is already a seeming middle finger to the situation, but his crusty old butt being unwilling to learn how to use a handsfree kit is another.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

True, and it's a problem the penalties aren't bigger.  But for Bruce specifically, after climbing out of the P.R. basement the past few days with some reveals that helped him. now he's back in the basement again.  The fact that he's even driving himself is already a seeming middle finger to the situation, but his crust old butt being unwilling to learn how to use a handsfree kit is another.

I have to say the only one I've seen use the hands free that comes built into those expensive vehicles they drive, is Kris . All the others hold their phone, and play with their hair or adjust their cleavage while driving.

SMDH.

PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Jenner seen talking on his phone while driving... just three days after fatal car crash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2949528/Bruce-Jenner-pictured-talking-phone-driving-just-three-days-fatal-car-crash.html#ixzz3RUfDqhU9

Sorry, for some reason I don't seem to be able to post the actual pictures anymore.

A good example of why we shouldn't believe one word that comes from his surgically-altered mouth.

One day he's so self-righteously adamant that he wasn't using a cell-phone while driving, the next he's using a cell-phone while driving.

He has no regard for anyone but himself.   Only a self-absorbed egomaniac would get behind the wheel and start chatting on the phone mere days after being involved in a fatal car accident.

This is why I take everything he says with a huge grain of salt, including his latest protest that the upcoming TV show about his "journey" (God, I'm sick of that word already) isn't for the money or publicity.  Bull-shit.   I think he has zero concern for anyone's interests but his own.   Transgender people have slowly but surely gaining traction in the last year or so when it comes to broader acceptance.   By framing the issue in that fame-whoring, self-serving Kim Kardashian/Kanye West/Bruce Jenner circus, he's about to make the issue one big running TMZ joke.  

I saw a headline today "Bruce Jenner about to reveal his female name."   This vain insistence on force-feeding every step of his "journey" to the public -- just as he's been doing by making himself available to paparazzi following every little surgery -- demonstrates that the real journey is straight to the bank.  

The average transgender person faces public scorn, violence at the hands of strangers, loss of family and friends, loss of job and the very real possibility that they won't be able to get hired again.   What's Bruce Jenner's risk in these regards?  Pretty low.  He's got money, security, and legions of sycophants to boost his self esteem.   His "journey" will be anything but typical.   The impression he gives America of transgender life will be about as far from reality as it gets.   Like Gwyneth Paltrow offering meal-planning advice to ordinary moms. 

There are plenty of other better-qualified individuals to educate America about the transgender experience.   People who have never sought fame nor tried to exploit their situation but have done their best to be who they are and integrate into mainstream society.   What a shame that they will never be heard from and instead the job is left to the Kardashian media machine.

If Jenner had any character, he'd step out of the limelight, quietly do what he needs to do, and get on with his life.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

A good example of why we shouldn't believe one word that comes from his surgically-altered mouth.

One day he's so self-righteously adamant that he wasn't using a cell-phone while driving, the next he's using a cell-phone while driving.

He has no regard for anyone but himself.   Only a self-absorbed egomaniac would get behind the wheel and start chatting on the phone mere days after being involved in a fatal car accident.

This is why I take everything he says with a huge grain of salt, including his latest protest that the upcoming TV show about his "journey" (God, I'm sick of that word already) isn't for the money or publicity.  Bull-shit.   I think he has zero concern for anyone's interests but his own.   Transgender people have slowly but surely gaining traction in the last year or so when it comes to broader acceptance.   By framing the issue in that fame-whoring, self-serving Kim Kardashian/Kanye West/Bruce Jenner circus, he's about to make the issue one big running TMZ joke.  

I saw a headline today "Bruce Jenner about to reveal his female name."   This vain insistence on force-feeding every step of his "journey" to the public -- just as he's been doing by making himself available to paparazzi following every little surgery -- demonstrates that the real journey is straight to the bank.  

The average transgender person faces public scorn, violence at the hands of strangers, loss of family and friends, loss of job and the very real possibility that they won't be able to get hired again.   What's Bruce Jenner's risk in these regards?  Pretty low.  He's got money, security, and legions of sycophants to boost his self esteem.   His "journey" will be anything but typical.   The impression he gives America of transgender life will be about as far from reality as it gets.   Like Gwyneth Paltrow offering meal-planning advice to ordinary moms. 

There are plenty of other better-qualified individuals to educate America about the transgender experience.   People who have never sought fame nor tried to exploit their situation but have done their best to be who they are and integrate into mainstream society.   What a shame that they will never be heard from and instead the job is left to the Kardashian media machine.

If Jenner had any character, he'd step out of the limelight, quietly do what he needs to do, and get on with his life.

Yeah, you don't get an automatic pass on being an asshat just because you're trans.  We've played out this drama with gays, African-Americans, and every other oppressed group, where we reach the tipping point where we're obliged to learn to balance them as individuals and the wrongs they may do with the great issues behind the right of the TYPE of person they are to be treated decently.  And inevitably we always come around to this--that jerks exist in every walk of life.  Jenner smells of jerk, and that's the bottom line.  Him being transgender is secondary to that.

• Love 4

I don't know if it's blatant insensitivity to other people or sheer arrogance, or both, that drives this man.    The latest headlines cite a "source" announcing that Jenner's transition is "on hold" as a result of the crash.  

What overblown sense of self-importance leads a person who survives a fatal accident and whose role in the accident -- due to negligence or not -- contributed to the fatality, to announce to the world only a few days later that his sex-change plans (which should never have become a public matter in the first place) are now "on hold," as though he is somehow a victim himself.   

Why can't he just shut up and stop making it about him?  

• Love 1

Several sites reporting that a bus, which was behind Jenner, caught the entire accident on video. And that Jenner hit both cars, that the Lexus reportedly never struck the Prius. Police have not released the video yet so there's really no way to know what is on the tape.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/bruce-jenner-car-crash-caught-video-report-article-1.2119173

http://perezhilton.com/2015-02-17-bruce-jenner-car-accident-recreation#.VOPdsoY8KrU

• Love 1

I guess the video has been released? That Bruce hit the white Lexus, and then continued on to hit the black Prius? It kind of goes with what I thought, that towing a vehicle, even a small one, makes it harder to stop.

What a mess.

^^^If true, any sympathy I may have felt for him over his horrible accident is gone.  He's just another famewhore like the rest of his disgusting family.

And IF Vogue does go along with this, well - how the mighty have fallen.  Vogue is already in the process of lowering its status with the Kimye cover.  This would destroy it completely.  My objection isn't over the subject matter; rather, it's about the personalities involved.

Pity.

• Love 1

Really, it doesn't make any sense. Vogue is ridiculous, but if they're going to feature a transgender person on the cover (not an impossibility) it's not going to be crusty old Bruce Jenner.

I dont think Hollywood Life has the best track record for stories like that.  TMZ or Radar I would buy before them. Hollywood Life I've read a lot of fabricated and/or embellished stories. And even if Bruce WANTED that its a huge leap from wanting that to Vogue actually giving him his way. That whole article talks about how Bruce has his heart set on it, nowhere does it say Vogue is even considering it. Honestly? Right now I think Bruce has bigger things to think about if this new crash video is as revealing as many are saying. He might want to dream about avoiding manslaughter charges rather than being a cover model.

• Love 4