Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/28/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Raven is freaking out over Lupita Nyong and Whoopi pointed out her reactions.

Raven said she is a true talent not like most actors which are all fluff.

Raven said that about OTHER actors... all fluff..... I wonder if she owns a mirror

• Love 4

I think they may all hate Paula. I don't think any of them have any room to criticize Kevin McCarthy's public speaking issues as they all seem to be stumbling a lot today. Plenty to criticize McCarthy over, that's just not one of them.

• Love 5

Thanks, Roger, I must have missed it..haha.Actually, I have a hard time focusing on anything this group says...

As far as getting riled up, I think they're all being encouraged to stir up controversy. No matter how stupid.

• Love 3

Sorry but I've heard it all before on the cancer segment. Go away now Amy Robach. You are not the only person to have cancer.

There are plenty of books from Hoda Kotb, Joan Lunden, Robin Roberts, Giuliana Ranic and the list goes on and on......

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3

Think before you pink

Once I figured out the scam it all is -- so over it. But It's everywhere even The View -- blech

I find it hard to believe people go somewhere to pay to see whoopi they must not watch this hot mess

• Love 4

That is a big "IF."  I truly think it is a lie.  Why wouldn't the Vatican/Pope's reps admit to it IF it did happen.  They won't say it did and won't say it didn't.  Guess they don't want to flat out call her a liar.

And also wasn't that Peru rally for her, too - LOL.

The local news said that they Vatican admitted to the Davis meeting. They could be full of it of course.... the news... I'm going with lie too though.

Delurking to comment.  Paula's response to Kevin McCarthy's speaking problem: Just because someone can't speak doesn't mean they can't govern.  

Just checking to make sure I heard that correctly.  So glad this forum is here as I have lurked ever since the beginning.

• Love 7

Delurking to comment.  Paula's response to Kevin McCarthy's speaking problem: Just because someone can't speak doesn't mean they can't govern.  

Just checking to make sure I heard that correctly.  So glad this forum is here as I have lurked ever since the beginning.

Welcome!!  Stop lurking & start commenting -- we need all the snark we can get.  LOL.

• Love 4

I'll watch again but does anyone remember Paula saying she had a mammogram prescription for 4 years?  and went and got a mammogram after Amy Robach did?

That doesn't make any sense. It was 2013 when Amy Robach did the mammogram so Paula had a prescription since 2009? When she was 33?

I'll watch again but does anyone remember Paula saying she had a mammogram prescription for 4 years?  and went and got a mammogram after Amy Robach did?

That doesn't make any sense. It was 2013 when Amy Robach did the mammogram so Paula had a prescription since 2009? When she was 33?

Are you implying someone might be fudging the details to embellish a story?  No that never happens on the View.

• Love 5

Haha!  That was my favorite part today mongoose!  I even rewound it.    It's the moment I knew Paula was made for  this show.  I think she should consider these similar points for the table:  

Just because someone can't speak, doesn't mean they can't be on a talk show. 

Just because someone can't read off a monitor, doesn't mean they can't be the moderator. 

Just because someone refuses to be a team player doesn't mean they can't be part of a co-host panel talk show.  

Just because someone works for ABC News doesn't mean the morons at the table will be nice to you. 

I feel like Amy Robach has been on this show more than once before talking about this exact same thing, so I skipped it.  

Why was Lupita Nyong'o on this show?  Someone on her team must have dropped a ball.  But I liked that Raven knows the difference between real acting talent and The Disney Channel. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

Why was Lupita Nyong'o on this show?  Someone on her team must have dropped a ball.  But I liked that Raven knows the difference between real acting talent and The Disney Channel.

She is currently in an off Broadway play that Raven went to see. Mostly I think she was there for Raven to fan girl over. 

Delurking to comment.  Paula's response to Kevin McCarthy's speaking problem: Just because someone can't speak doesn't mean they can't govern.

As far as governing, his example of an accomplishment in congress was setting up the Benghazi committee to bring down Hillary's poll numbers. 

• Love 4

She is currently in an off Broadway play that Raven went to see. Mostly I think she was there for Raven to fan girl over. 

Thanks Dissy.  I got that part even though Whoopi didn't and called the play a Broadway show.   I was just thinking she was kind of a big deal to be on this show but now that you mention it, I wonder if this is a "get" in Raven's column since she saw the play and maybe contacted Lupita directly or at least gave the idea to the show.  I just can't see The View getting her with a cold call nor Lupita's agent calling this show. 

Raven won more points with me today by refusing to even comment on Donald Trump and his ridiculous campaign.  I think it's like all of mainstream media just cannot stop talking about this nonsense and today at least, Raven stopped. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6
Why was Lupita Nyong'o on this show?  Someone on her team must have dropped a ball.

It's possible her off-Broadway show needs more publicity...and a quick little TV appearance in Hugo Boss is LOTS of free publicity for all.

• Love 2
Well the reason you send out RSVP is to make sure there is enough food and drink for the number of guests that are coming.... and you are charged for each guest.... if you say you are coming and you dont...... they paid for you to be there...... I can see the reason for the bill.

I can understand their reasoning, but that doesn't mean it's not tacky.  I doubt if a hotel or caterer will reduce the cost of two dinners canceled at the last minute.  Perhaps all offenses that will result in a "fine" should be outlined in a small tasteful note accompanying the invitation.  Since "appropriate" wedding gifts were discussed, a proper amount should be strongly suggested.  Would the entire wedding and reception expense divided by the number of people invited work as a baseline?   $45,000 wedding divided by 200 guests?  Each wedding gift should have a value of $250.  At least.

• Love 5

I think billing someone for not attending is tacky as well....although one parent could have gone, I think. I wouldn't dream of calling a bride on her "big" day - what can she do.

Gifts should be what a giver can afford, imo.

I have RA and will RSVP but always say I may not be able to attend. In this case I would have added but would love to come to wedding and reception but can't commit to dinner so count me out.

I think caterers always allow for no-shows. Or unexpected no-shows.

In any event - crap happens and people can't always keep their commitments.

But billing them is tacky and rude. Way for the bride and groom to ruin their wedding memories with the publicity now. Oh - and with their family.

• Love 5

I can understand their reasoning, but that doesn't mean it's not tacky.  I doubt if a hotel or caterer will reduce the cost of two dinners canceled at the last minute.  Perhaps all offenses that will result in a "fine" should be outlined in a small tasteful note accompanying the invitation.  Since "appropriate" wedding gifts were discussed, a proper amount should be strongly suggested.  Would the entire wedding and reception expense divided by the number of people invited work as a baseline?   $45,000 wedding divided by 200 guests?  Each wedding gift should have a value of $250.  At least.

I hope they invite Miss Manners on the show to discuss this.  She'd rip the hosts a new one (politely, of course).

Edited by 3pwood
  • Love 5
I think billing someone for not attending is tacky as well....although one parent could have gone, 

Great solution, MaggieMae.

I think caterers always allow for no-shows. Or unexpected no-shows.

It has been over 30 years since I organized any events, but caterers usually offered a 10% "overage."   The cost for no-shows was built in and the prices were always explained to those in charge of the money.  

• Love 5

Haha!  That was my favorite part today mongoose!  I even rewound it.    It's the moment I knew Paula was made for  this show.  I think she should consider these similar points for the table:  

Just because someone can't speak, doesn't mean they can't be on a talk show. 

Just because someone can't read off a monitor, doesn't mean they can't be the moderator. 

Just because someone refuses to be a team player doesn't mean they can't be part of a co-host panel talk show.  

Just because someone works for ABC News doesn't mean the morons at the table will be nice to you. 

I feel like Amy Robach has been on this show more than once before talking about this exact same thing, so I skipped it.  

• Love 1

Cosmocrush,  not sure if I messed up the post within a post,  I'm still laughing at your original creations!  Cannot believe she actually said that with a straight face and kept thinking I didn't hear her correctly! 

Yup, I messed it up.  

• Love 2

Ha!  I thought that wedding dinner bill was tacky as hell and was amazed [although I shouldn't be really] that anyone on this show would think it wasn't.  I'm sure there is more to that story than reported by these morons.   Even worse was the price of the wedding gift needs to equal the cost of your dinner as a topic.   What the hell?  

Good grief, I'm glad my wedding was back in the day when an invited guest was actually a someone invited to help celebrate, not bankroll the party.    I think the rules are simple, even Whoopi knew them:  If can't afford to buy your guests dinner then just have cake.  I mean if the budget is so tight that two dinners will break it, then maybe you need to rethink the guest list or the caterer.  And if you are buying dinner in exchange for a gift grab, then I suggest you elope and use the wedding money to buy your own stuff.  I wonder where all this entitlement comes from? 

I hope they invite Miss Manners on the show to discuss this.  She'd rip the hosts a new one (politely, of course).

One episode of this damn show and Miss Manners would probably keel over dead.   When they aren't being rude to the guests or the audience they are being rude to each other.  Sometimes all three in the same show.  

ETA: mongoose, you didn't mess it up.  This forum leaves out the quoted text within a text. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

I can't hear the name "Kevin McCarthy" without thinking about the hero in the original 1956 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, who was also the brother of writer Mary McCarthy (The Group) & a cousin of Eugene McCarthy (for whom I happily cast my first vote in the 1968 Presidential primary election) -- according to Truman Capote, he was also one of Montgomery Clift's lovers.

The current guy doesn't seem nearly as interesting.

• Love 5
Good grief, I'm glad my wedding was back in the day when an invited guest was actually a someone invited to help celebrate, not bankroll the party.

I didn't remember then (1964) and I certainly don't remember now who did and didn't bring wedding gifts.  If I noticed or cared I'd assume they didn't have the money or the time.  Mine was a cake-and-punch deal at a nice hotel (all my mother and I could afford).  One friend's husband said, "No booze?  I wouldn't do this for anyone but _______ (fill in my name)."  Now THAT was a gift!   I got marrried 5-6 years after most of my friends, so my reception was "upscale."  Hotel instead of church social hall.

The marriage lasted 20 years.

• Love 4

...caterers usually offered a 10% "overage."   The cost for no-shows was built in and the prices were always explained to those in charge of the money.

That. Also, I hate the new craze of obscenely-priced weddings. What an extravaganza has to do with being united-by-love escapes me. Such warped priorities also leads to tacky people tackily asking to be reimbursed for an uneaten meal.

Still hanging with the show. It has improved. Hell, even Whoopi. And today, even Michele. As inane and off-center as the discussions can be, at least sometimes there's a nugget to be found now. I actually think there's hope.

Edited by SunFun
  • Love 8

It's just not even debatable.  The bill sent to the couple who no-showed is ridiculous.  

On whatever network has Charlie Rose and Norah and Gayle, they were dismissive, like a no-brainer, this was rude.

But on the View, it's a topic.

The better topic would have been, why did this couple, who are either related to or friends with the B/G, out them for their rudeness?

• Love 5

As far as governing, his example of an accomplishment in congress was setting up the Benghazi committee to bring down Hillary's poll numbers. 

He has managed to get two bills passed during his tenure in the House, renaming stuff in his district I believe.  This is not what makes a person qualified to be third in line to the presidency.

His malapropisms were even more alarming as he seemed to have been reading something written for him.

• Love 5

Well, the Vatican is disputing Kim Davis's version of the Pope story.  Apparently she was invited (by someone? local bishop?) to be in line with many other people to greet and shake hands with the Pope.  No secret meetings.  No "atta girl" from Francis.  He probably had no idea who she was.

• Love 10

Well, the Vatican is disputing Kim Davis's version of the Pope story.  Apparently she was invited (by someone? local bishop?) to be in line with many other people to greet and shake hands with the Pope.  No secret meetings.  No "atta girl" from Francis.  He probably had no idea who she was.

Exactly, Davis was amongst a group of many that visited the nunciature to see the Pope off from D.C.  I came across this blog yesterday - and though I'm not sure that is exactly how the saga played out (much of it is conjecture) it provides some background that I think points to how Davis ended up amongst that group.

I was happy to see the Vatican's statement this morning - it was beginning to seem like a shame that the Pope might have undone the liberal goodwill that he's gained from his trip to the U.S.  Certainly, the Pope is not "liberal" in terms of church doctrine, but his pastoral papacy is a much welcomed change from doctrinaire papacies of the past.

• Love 11

They were talking about the shooting yesterday..... and CCB said that her kids were scared to go to school.... and she said that brings  her back to her faith. She told her kids not to be scared because if you get killed you will be with God.
Now I wasnt paying close attention.... but isnt this a terrible message for scared children??

• Love 11
He has managed to get two bills passed during his tenure in the House, renaming stuff in his district I believe.  This is not what makes a person qualified to be third in line to the presidency.

I don't think the ultra-conservatives care about his line to the presidency--they just want Speaker.  This is all backroom/bare-knuckle politics we don't hear about and apparently he has the most votes at this time.  

• Love 2

They were talking about the shooting yesterday..... and CCB said that her kids were scared to go to school.... and she said that brings  her back to her faith. She told her kids not to be scared because if you get killed you will be with God.

Now I wasnt paying close attention.... but isnt this a terrible message for scared children??

Terrible?  It is a f****g insane response.  Want to bet she would march for the NRA and their rights?

• Love 5

Really Joy??  You think Hillary Clinton participating in a "penis joke" is "unseemly" for a past Secretary of State??  Please Joy.... if you really think this is true... then I would hope you would stop that type of humor in your act.

• Love 3

CCB is going to need to work on her bitchtastic judgemental interview skills. Was I the only one who could tell she was totally judging Danny Pintauro? I cringed just about each time she addressed him. 

• Love 12

I really get tired of people using the phrase "banning guns" like that blogger used. The answer is not banning guns... and I have heard very few people promoting that idea..... it is possible to regulate guns without banning them...... but gun advocates use that phrase to derail the discussion.

• Love 9

CCB is going to need to work on her bitchtastic judgemental interview skills. Was I the only one who could tell she was totally judging Danny Pintauro? I cringed just about each time she addressed him. 

Yes I caught that..... blaming him for being HIV..... do you take responsibility for your disease?? 

Did you see her face when he said he was married??

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 14

Thought it was a much better show, CCB notwithstanding.  She doesn't bring anything helpful to the table.  Seemed like everyone except her tried to rise up to the level of Joy.  At least to me.  Not that I don't want to slap Joy sometimes, but she is so much more articulate and thoughtful than most of them.  And who missed Whoopi?  Not me!!

• Love 16

Bure can't make it through one episode without mentioning Full House or jesus. Please make it stop! She is welcomed by Joy and the first sentence was "are we going to spar?" Already can't stand her.

Joy disarmed her rather effectively.... when she asked... are we going t spar? Joy said... about what??  CBB had no answer and they moved on  hahahha 

Go Joy

• Love 21