Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/28/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

This was the 1st time I've watched almost a whole show all season.  Joy is "such a joy" to watch as moderator.  I hope she will stick around and take on the role once Whoopi is (eventually) gone.

The only part I skipped was the political segment, because as a Canadian, there is only so much US politics that interests me.

CCB is definitely a "2 trick pony", isn't she.  Wonder if she will survive the year?  Can't be much fun when you have so little to offer to the discussions.

I enjoyed seeing Sherri.  I'd noticed Sheryl, on the Talk, has been wearing her hair natural, so it was nice to see Sherri following suit, and even mentioning Sheryl.  It's always seemed sad to me that so many black women feel they need to hide their own hair under wigs. 

• Love 7

Raven applauds Sherri's natural hair, says she can't do it because if she dyed her hair EVERY DAY it would be all fried and fall out.

Raven, honey, you're the only one who feels compelled to change your hair color and style every day.  From what we see, she's practically bald - but that's because of all the stuff she does to her hair. 

• Love 4

Yes I caught that..... blaming him for being HIV..... do you take responsibility for your disease?? 

Did you see her face when he said he was married??

She probably feels that God was punishing him for the sin of Homosexuality..She was the wrong person to interview him, I think Joy and even Raven could have done a better job....Rosie would have  been divine....I miss her...

• Love 13
She told her kids not to be scared because if you get killed you will be with God.

Now I wasnt paying close attention.... but isnt this a terrible message for scared children??

I went to 12 years of Catholic school beginning in 1946.  I think I was "encouraged" by the nuns every year to die for my faith.  I didn't question it; I must have been happy with the concept...at last to be in Heaven and with God.  I can't recall being frightened at all...or even wondering who was going to come and try to make me denounce my faith.  I'm a strong non-believer now (and...full disclosure, never a nun).

I enjoyed seeing Sherri.

The show is just starting here.  Even though I haven't seen her yet, I don't think I will be able to make the same claim.  

• Love 7

She probably feels that God was punishing him for the sin of Homosexuality..She was the wrong person to interview him, I think Joy and even Raven could have done a better job....Rosie would have  been divine....I miss her...

Then she clearly has never heard of or knows that Magic Johnson is also HIV+, and he's heterosexual. So if it's God's punishment, what's the reason for Magic being HIV+?

She needs to STFU.  I hope her show BOMBS. And BOMBS HARD. Then she can go and work in her brother's "proper" and "clean" movies.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13

Someone like her would probably say that Magic Johnson was engaging in sex outside of Marriage, so he got what he deserved..I swear I despised that woman, more so than Elizabeth..Elizabeth was playing a role as a nutjob and parroted Bill Geddie's views..Candace actually believes her extreme views on people..I agree wholeheartedly with Whoopie, when she says that people who call themselves Christians do not behave like Christ. 

• Love 14

Someone like her would probably say that Magic Johnson was engaging in sex outside of Marriage, so he got what he deserved..I swear I despised that woman, more so than Elizabeth..Elizabeth was playing a role as a nutjob and parroted Bill Geddie's views..Candace actually believes her extreme views on people..I agree wholeheartedly with Whoopie, when she says that people who call themselves Christians do not behave like Christ. 

That was actually a Ghandi quote

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/22155-i-like-your-christ-i-do-not-like-your-christians

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 4

Watching "The Talk" now and Julie Chen mentioned briefly their condolences go out to the school shooting victims before going to commercial, but no conversation about guns or violence. This is why "The Talk" will never have the impact of "The View". Hot Topics should be relevant and whats in the news.

I think Candace brought up a good point about the personal accountability in the interview with Danny. However, as someone that has taken a college course on HIV she wasn't informed on the disease. When Danny said things like he undetectable, you need someone familiar with HIV or an advocate that's educated to have a proper discussion.I find it ironic though that the same conservatives will pay $50,000 for IVF treatments, but if they weren't meant to have a baby isn't this gods will as well?

Edited by ilovethe90s
  • Love 13

Yes, Candace would think anyone with HIV or AIDS (or any STD) must've been sexually immoral (either homosexual, promiscuous, adulterous, etc.) to have been infected. Has she never seen Out of Africa where the wife is infected because her husband cheated on her and she didn't know that? Innocent people (by HER determination) get STDs all the time. I hope she's gone after this season. 

I enjoyed the show, surprisingly, with Sherri there. I still say she's only on good behavior because she wants to be re-cast (money!). I don't remember Michelle saying much of anything. I was annoyed because it seemed like every topic was about religion. Egads. When they started on the Oregon shooting and Sherri made sure to mention right away that he was targeting Christians, I thought, "Here we go..." I am Christian and, yes, it's awful that a killer targeted Christians in this case, but there are killers who single out gays, Muslims, women, the list goes on. Christians are the majority--they are not being persecuted. Thankfully Candace didn't run with that, but she was clearly too overcome to go there.

I agreed with Joy about the 13-year-old marriage counselor. I'm sure she could be empathetic and understanding, but how would a 13-year-old be able to handle age-inappropriate topics like sex lives, open marriage, adultery, impotence, infertility, etc.! I laughed when Joy said to Raven, "That's not being set in your ways--that's being educated!" LOL Raven doesn't know much about being educated (or anything, really), so...

Off-topic, but I just wanted to say thanks for those cueing me onto The Meredith Veira Show's new format. I believe I'll start watching that show all the time now. Too bad it doesn't have its own area on the forum.

• Love 6

I'll watch again but does anyone remember Paula saying she had a mammogram prescription for 4 years?  and went and got a mammogram after Amy Robach did?

That doesn't make any sense. It was 2013 when Amy Robach did the mammogram so Paula had a prescription since 2009? When she was 33?

She probably had the request slip for 4 years. I have half dozen lab slips on my refrig as reminders then  forget them get another.

My DVR did not record today is there someplace I can watch the complete show ?

CCB was fine. She asked questions that a lot of people are curious about.  Danny P has led a really disgusting life which brought him to the place he is in and good for him, he is trying to help others to not go down that same road. That is what I got from the conversaton.

But I doubt I will continue to watch this show because it has turned into a hate filled, pit bully mess.

Edited by tvgirl

GHScorpiosRule said about CCB:

She needs to STFU.  I hope her show BOMBS. And BOMBS HARD. Then she can go and work in her brother's "proper" and "clean" movies

...as long as it wouldn't mean she'd be more available to be on The View!

• Love 9

CCB was fine. She asked questions that a lot of people are curious about.  Danny P has led a really disgusting life which brought him to the place he is in and good for him, he is trying to help others to not go down that same road. That is what I got from the conversaton.

But I doubt I will continue to watch this show because it has turned into a hate filled, pit bully mess.

He made a few mistakes but what's he done that was so disgusting? I'm going to agree to disagree on your view that CBB was fine in how she treated Danny. She reminded me of how overtly judgemental Babs would be at times.

• Love 15

GHScorpiosRule said about CCB:

She needs to STFU.  I hope her show BOMBS. And BOMBS HARD. Then she can go and work in her brother's "proper" and "clean" movies

...as long as it wouldn't mean she'd be more available to be on The View!

Of course! That goes without saying!

• Love 3
My DVR did not record today is there someplace I can watch the complete show ?

Mine didn't either.  The on-screen guide didn't list it as "new," so the DVR didn't know.  I've changed the DVR setting to record new AND repeats.  Maybe this will happen every Friday.

I find it ironic though that the same conservatives will pay $50,000 for IVF treatments, but if they weren't meant to have a baby isn't this gods will as well?

Could this be a comeback?   If God didn't want me to have IVF, He wouldn't have given me $50,000 in extra cash--after tithing, of course.

• Love 2

He made a few mistakes but what's he done that was so disgusting? I'm going to agree to disagree on your view that CBB was fine in how she treated Danny. She reminded me of how overtly judgemental Babs would be at times.

I agree.  Was Danny P promiscuous in his private life? I don't really know anything about him..He pretty much disappeared after who's the boss..I used to hear that Tony Danza was very mean to him, when he was a kid for being effeminate..Can somebody confirm that? or is it just salacious rumor...

I agree.  Was Danny P promiscuous in his private life? I don't really know anything about him..He pretty much disappeared after who's the boss..I used to hear that Tony Danza was very mean to him, when he was a kid for being effeminate..Can somebody confirm that? or is it just salacious rumor...

It's an ugly rumor. It's been reported (though take that with a grain of salt these days), but in an article earlier this week, where Alyssa Milano broke down and said she had no idea about Danny P.'s HIV status, it was said how Judith Light and Tony Danza knew about his homosexuality, and that they both supported him. I know for a fact that this is a huge cause for Judith. And Tony, too, I think.

For you guys who didn't get the show:  Depending on your cable company, you might get it on the on-demand feature under ABC.  My illustrious time-warner has it.

I have Xfinity/Comcast and I can get it On Demand as well. Assuming it didn't record. I mean, it recorded last week's, so I don't see why it wouldn't have recorded today's. I guess I'll find out when I get home tonight.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

I think Candace brought up a good point about the personal accountability in the interview with Danny. However, as someone that has taken a college course on HIV she wasn't informed on the disease. When Danny said things like he undetectable, you need someone familiar with HIV or an advocate that's educated to have a proper discussion.I find it ironic though that the same conservatives will pay $50,000 for IVF treatments, but if they weren't meant to have a baby isn't this gods will as well?

Yes, and that's one  area where Christians I know express their hypocrisy.  One disease or medical condition is deserved, while for something else, god has given us the medical technology and wants you to fight.  

About the 13 year old psychologist - she's not a marriage counselor, she's not even doing therapy.  she just graduated with a degree in psychology.  I am confused, because in the U.S., you need a doctorate to be a psychologist.  this girl is in Mexico, and it wasn't clear in any articles what degree she received.  I DID read that she now is going to pursue a degree in education, and would then be the youngest ever to receive a master's degree.   So, Im guessing she did NOT get a doctorate.    Anyway, there are all sorts of psychologists, other than those who do counseling or therapy.  research on how the brain works, how we integrate visual and auditory input, how people interact in social situations, how infants and children process information  and develop skills -  all are psychology.  The idea that adults are going to go to an office and receive therapy from a 13 year old is ridiculous, but it's also not happening.   

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4

Thank you for a breath of fresh air backformore ..... such a shame that it takes intelligent people on a forum to share real information and correct the misinformation on The View. Wouldnt it be refreshing if The View actually had an intelligent discussion with facts instead of misinformed opinion??

• Love 5

I didn't watch the show but DP did a Reddit AMA yesterday. Not a huge attention getter, but he was pretty open about a very dark period in his life that involved clubs, meth and bdsm. Not a great combo.

Edited by DB in CMH

Mine didn't either.  The on-screen guide didn't list it as "new," so the DVR didn't know.  I've changed the DVR setting to record new AND repeats.  Maybe this will happen every Friday.

Could this be a comeback?   If God didn't want me to have IVF, He wouldn't have given me $50,000 in extra cash--after tithing, of course.

No comeback...I am glad to know if you have the money for something then it must be okay with God. Gays can get married and adopt children, women can have their own reproductive rights...but wait what if you are poor..I guess God doesn't want you to do it then. 

HIV is a disease that could have been greatly reduced if not for the ignorance and fear of our country. President Reagan refused to acknowledge the disease. New York city was the ground zero for HIV in the US, but the then gay closeted mayor of the time Ed Koch refused to acknowledge it. It was far easier to acknowledge HIV as a disease deserving to gays and drugs users rather than combat the disease. Danny admitted his drug use and unfortunately this is a huge problem in the gay community. Candace comments were honest, but insensitive. Unfortunately, this has been the case with HIV since it started in this country.

The View can be watched on Hulu with a paid subscription, or on the ABC app if you have a qualifying cable provider. 

Edited by ilovethe90s
  • Love 2

I enjoyed seeing Sherri.

The show is just starting here.  Even though I haven't seen her yet, I don't think I will be able to make the same claim.

Oh I think you will enjoy her. I did.

It  was comforting for me, for some reason. Nice with Joy there and felt like old times.

I'm sick of new people Raven and CCB.Ugh!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3

Interesting.... the truth about the wigless Sherri on today's show..... it wasnt about unity as was said on the show....

Sherri tweet...

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd 12h12 hours ago

"Jeffrey let's go!" "Jeffrey come on Mommy has to go to work!" "Jeffrey get in the (*#&$#&$ car!"... "Lord I done forgot my #wig!" #momtales

• Love 7

I can't sit through a whole hour of these people. However, today I watched about 15 minutes, then switched back and forth between channels, and it seemed like every time I went back to The View, Sherri was talking. From reading here, it sounds like it didn't turn into the Sherri show like it seemed to me.

I did catch the part where CCB was talking about her kids' fear of going to school and basically telling them to just make sure they're good with God, and I loved Joy asking her what that had to do with the shooting. Then they brought up how Christians were the target of the shooter, followed by Sherri explaining that Christians wake up each day realizing that they have to be better than the day before or something like that. Anyway, they lost me at that point and I reached for the remote. 

• Love 6

I have Xfinity/Comcast and I can get it On Demand as well. Assuming it didn't record. I mean, it recorded last week's, so I don't see why it wouldn't have recorded today's. I guess I'll find out when I get home tonight.

For some reason, our guides (mine is Charter) are not showing today's or next week's shows as "new." So unless you have the dvr set to program "all episodes" in that time slot, it probably won't next week.

• Love 1
Oh I think you will enjoy her. I did.

Meh...and that's a positive.  She didn't look as good as she used to.

I'm sick of new people Raven and CCB.Ugh!

I enjoy Raven...and especially like seeing a "new look" every day.  I don't mind CCB (yet)--she's less strident than I expected.

There are many very conservative bishops and cardinals in the US Catholic Church who are pissed off that Francis has demoted some of the more egregious prima donnas and I wouldn't put it past one of them setting up Francis to look like a fool. It will be interesting to see if one of the many is summarily edged out or retires suddenly.

• Love 6
I'm not sure if Raven was trying to look like a rooster or Woody Woodpecker.

Either one is fine with me...just funky fun  I'm glad she has the nerve to try it...and pull it off most of the time.   I'm entertained.  Her makeup is always beautiful.

• Love 2

I'm behind in my reading here, & just came across a few slams at Amy Robach - I guess she's another of the conservative "enemies," given the extremely unsympathetic posts.  Yikes, folks - pretty harsh, IMO!  I knew nothing of Amy, never watch GMA, but (having now "researched" on the finest Radar Online, etc., sites) I see she's a mother & stepmom, only about 40 yrs old when she was publicly hit w/ a serious breast cancer diagnosis. As a staunch Democrat & 7 yr survivor of Grade 3 breast cancer (found via mammo also), I'm personally very interested in learning about the cancer & treatment experiences of all patients who can wangle a book contract - it's new (& terrifying) for every person diagnosed, & the more we know, etc!  Can't we support our sisters in crisis & save our scorn for the Trumps, Weiners, Scalias, Clarence Thomases, BITSY's etc., of the world? 

• Love 7

I'm behind in my reading here, & just came across a few slams at Amy Robach - I guess she's another of the conservative "enemies," given the extremely unsympathetic posts.  Yikes, folks - pretty harsh, IMO!  I knew nothing of Amy, never watch GMA, but (having now "researched" on the finest Radar Online, etc., sites) I see she's a mother & stepmom, only about 40 yrs old when she was publicly hit w/ a serious breast cancer diagnosis. As a staunch Democrat & 7 yr survivor of Grade 3 breast cancer (found via mammo also), I'm personally very interested in learning about the cancer & treatment experiences of all patients who can wangle a book contract - it's new (& terrifying) for every person diagnosed, & the more we know, etc!  Can't we support our sisters in crisis & save our scorn for the Trumps, Weiners, Scalias, Clarence Thomases, BITSY's etc., of the world? 

telemachus,  I'm glad you're doing well! 

I think the slams on Amy Robach were more about the show - or at least my comment was about that.  Like you, I don't watch GMA but I knew who she was because this was like the third or fourth time she's come on The View to talk about her cancer  story, which is now in a book.   She first showed up and told her story back when Babs was still on everyday.   So it's not that I don't support Amy, it's that this show is now recycling ABC employees as guests and I'd heard her story before. That doesn't mean it's not important, just that it wasn't news to me.  I mean she can't be the only woman with a compelling breast cancer story on TV. This show is lazy.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

I agree that all of us should have the option to do whatever we need to educate, comfort, and otherwise take care of ourselves.  I don't like reading about it, so pass on the books.  For me, personally, there is enough on the inter webs to get information.  And it is scary enough!  I am lucky enough to have a sister in law who is a veterinarian, so, she knows how to navigate medical stuff.  Whenever I tried, it took me to dark places, so she volunteered to answer my questions and only send me the answer.  She sometimes attached original research that she could find, if I were interested, which I was not.  But, that is how I am handling things.  Sending good health vibes to my "sisters" in all of this.  

• Love 3

That doesn't mean it's not important, just that it was news to me.

Oopsie Cosmo, think you meant "wasn't" news to you.  (Same here because I've known about it & followed since the beginning.)  Amy's a brave woman!!!

I agree that all of us should have the option to do whatever we need to educate, comfort, and otherwise take care of ourselves.  I don't like reading about it, so pass on the books.  For me, personally, there is enough on the inter webs to get information.  And it is scary enough!  I am lucky enough to have a sister in law who is a veterinarian, so, she knows how to navigate medical stuff.  Whenever I tried, it took me to dark places, so she volunteered to answer my questions and only send me the answer.  She sometimes attached original research that she could find, if I were interested, which I was not.  But, that is how I am handling things.  Sending good health vibes to my "sisters" in all of this.  

I totally agree with your approach to gaining knowledge.  Good luck & hopefully a speedy recovery.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 3

Oopsie Cosmo, think you meant "wasn't" news to you.  (Same here because I've known about it & followed since the beginning.)  Amy's a brave woman!!!

I totally agree with your approach to gaining knowledge.  Good luck & hopefully a speedy recovery.

Thanks.  I am six years past diagnosis.  Have to be on a pill for 4 more years.  Hoping that will be that.  But, my motto, taken from the musical "Pippin", is "the one thing to be sure of is...there's nothing to be sure of"

• Love 6

lookeyloo, I hear ya.  My primary doctor told me to STAY OFF THE INTERNET  about medical conditions because unless you have a specific diagnosis it was rarely helpful and it just fuels anxiety in my case.   In fact, my first panic attack was about 10 years ago after I "googled" a general test result and found out I had two weeks to live.  Turns out I had taken too many calcium supplements that week, retook the test and was fine, except for the anxiety.   I haven't done it since, LOL. 

I did, thank you MC!  I corrected my original post.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

COSMOCRUSH - thanks for the good wishes-never really knew till my diagnosis just how important friendly support can be (not to mention the wonder drug Herceptin - hope all who need it will continue to be able to afford it, given the constant health care/insurance/pharmaceutical turmoil.)  ALSO didn't realize Amy R. had been on The View re her illness several times before (only watched the show occasionally during the last few seasons, but daily since Joy has returned!)  My very best wishes to all facing health challenges. (And it's a great day in Seattle, no?)

• Love 5

My niece, age 61, was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis (MG) this past Spring.  She was hospitalized with a plethora of problems & it took nearly a month in hospital for her to be finally diagnosed.  Apparently this "rare auto-immune disease" isn't so rare & she was assigned a Doctor that Specialized in the field.  I went on-line to find out what the hell it was & was shocked when I saw all the symptoms, some of which she manifested at the time & others later.  The "treatments" she has undergone are, to say the least, mind-blowing.  This is not something that is managed or will go away -- it just gets worse.  (I count my blessings every day!!)

• Love 5

I'm playing catch up, and I'm just up to Wednesday, but Candace needs to seriously shut it.  I mean, I'm assuming she's intelligent and that she didn't turn off the television after her Full House years, because for her to get all het up at the kind of language or discussions on this show, makes it seem like she thought this show was some, clean, pure show that doesn't air on an inspirational channel.  Paula too. it is possible to debate or talk about what your views are without constantly bringing up what your faith is.

Especially the whole Kim Davis and pope debacle.  And I'm laughing, and laughing, because it turns out that the pope did NOT choose to decide to meet with her oh so privately...but that she was part of a group of people who met with him.  The whole thing wasn't helped by the Vatican's "not confirming but not denying" bullshit.

And sorry, Paula, but being a Hindu myself (I'm of East Indian descent), we Hindus do not consider our hair a "sacred thing."  That would be the Sikhs; specifically, the men, who don't cut their hair and wear the turbans.  And though Buddha, from where Buddhism comes from, was a Hindu prince, Hinduism and Buddhism are NOT the same religion.  And that teen's mother, constantly saying it was a racial issue, just had me rolling my eyes at her thinking Hinduism and Buddhism was the same thing, and going "huh?" at her accusations of racism. Because, my ignorant self thought racial profiling is one race doing it against another race, and not your own race. I think Whoopi had it right-it was a cultural issue.

And damned if Candace's whining about not being able to say the N-word didn't remind of Bitsy crying about why SHE couldn't use the word, either.  Poor, poor Candace; her pure as the white driven snow, innocent wee lambs are "forced" to see the billboard of nearly nekkid women when she drives home; and would rather see the billboard about how apps, APPS lead to people getting STDs.  And as much as I love John Stamos, I couldn't abide that "interview." It was so painful.  And totally done to make Candace look good.

Loved Michelle telling Raven that Raven having issues because she, Raven couldn't "communicate" the way she wanted to with Michelle if Michelle had a flip phone or Blackberry wasn't her problem. Or that when texting, android phones have a different color text. Oh Boo Fucking Hoo!

Didn't watch Lindsay, because just because.  And I'm not going to watch that asshat Santorum either, since his "truths" were debunked as lies when he was on Real Time with Bill Maher last month.  These Republican candidates, I bet, agreed to appear on this show, only because they knew Joy wouldn't be on this week, except for Friday. No one will convince me otherwise.

And like I'm going to believe that Candace traveled with her babies and no one would offer to help. Or if she traveled coach. PUHLEAZE.  In all my yeas of air travel, over 30 years, never have I experienced babies crying at the top of their voices, or the flight attendants unwilling to help those who needed help. STFU.  Maybe once, in 2005, a baby was next to me and my sister and we helped the mother. Along with the flight attendant. We were on our way to INDIA, which meant at least a 7 hour flight until we reached Europe for our layover.

Will post the rest of my thoughts later. Candace can leave, like yesterday.

• Love 16

Sorry for the double post, but now that I've watched the rest...

I'm left with this opinion after watching that "interview" with Danny: Candace is a horrible, horrible person. Yes, Danny, please tell us, how you having been sexually promiscuous for a period in your life, is the reason you have HIV GOD punished you with HIV, and it's your own damn fault. So why should people listen to you? So glad he shut her down about that, that he wasn't looking to be anyone's hero or model, but an example of what can happen.  I bet the ONLY reason they had her do the voiceover and most of the interview was because, *wink*wink* hee!hee! Candace and Danny were child stars at the SAME time in the 80s! That makes her the perfect person to lead the interview! God, the suits make me sick.

And really, Raven? Asking Danny's husband if they have safe sex in front of millions of people? They both should have refused to answer the question.

Is it written in Paula's contract that she has to disagree with everyone? I understand that they all have different "views", but where is it written that if the situation is whatever, that they can't all agree? I can't even remember what Whoopi said, but, like clockwork, Paula came in with "I don't mean to excuse Trump, but" Except that's what she does. Every.Single.Time.  Oh! Yes, it was the immigration issue, I think. Or maybe it was something else. I don't know. And it aggravates me more because she's talking in this soft, sweet, reasonable tone of voice, but I'm listening to what she is saying.

And I'll end with what a relief it was to see Joy on Friday, and how I SO wish she'd been on during the week. UGH. Loved the digs she got in toward Candace and Amy Holmes during the political talk.

• Love 9

And really, Raven? Asking Danny's husband if they have safe sex in front of millions of people? They both should have refused to answer the question.

Yes, that was especially bad.   It's nobody's business, and it was extremely intrusive for her to ask.

• Love 7

. (And it's a great day in Seattle, no?)

Beautiful!!  I love this time of year.  The tourists have thinned out and the weather is nice. 

My niece, age 61, was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis (MG) this past Spring.  She was hospitalized with a plethora of problems & it took nearly a month in hospital for her to be finally diagnosed.  Apparently this "rare auto-immune disease" isn't so rare & she was assigned a Doctor that Specialized in the field.  I went on-line to find out what the hell it was & was shocked when I saw all the symptoms, some of which she manifested at the time & others later.  The "treatments" she has undergone are, to say the least, mind-blowing.  This is not something that is managed or will go away -- it just gets worse.  (I count my blessings every day!!)

I'm so sorry to hear this MC.  Sending good wishes your family's way.  

I'm playing catch up, and I'm just up to Wednesday, but Candace needs to seriously shut it...
...Sorry for the double post, but now that I've watched the rest...

Holy hell, GH, watching five shows in one day? That's really taking one for the team.  I hope your brain is okay.  :-)     I only made it through two. Good call skipping Lindsey and Rick or as Whoopi called him, "Rick Baby."   It was kind of fun watching Paula ask Graham if he thought he might be "hurting the party" by staying in the race.  Nice. 

Thanks for reminding me about Candace's outrage that her teenage boys have to see a billboard with a scantily dressed woman on it every day, especially when apps can lead to STDS. Huh?  Hahahahahaha.      I thought it was hilarious because she also said she doesn't really monitor what her kids do online.  "What can I do?  I have to just trust that I raised them right. shrug"  I wonder if she knows what teenage boys look at on the internet?  And that yes, you can even find porn on Twitter.  Snapchat for sure.   But the billboard is what she's outraged about.  Alrighty then. 

I was going to watch Friday's show but Candace's interview with Danny Pintauro sounds more odious than usual for this show. .  Between her comments on HIV and all the Full House references (not to mention the billboard) I'm starting to think she's stuck around 1986.     I did turn it on long enough to see Sherri's hair.  It looked good. But then she said, " I weared my hair..."  and I clicked out. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

As stated upthread, Sherri only went natural because she forgot her intended wig.

Preach it, GHScorpiosRule! Would like your posts 100 times if possible.

There's no way I could subject myself to watching more than a piece of one episode per day.

I did enjoy JoyDay Friday. I bailed before her "political" segment though. Will have to go back for that one.

My sincerest condolences to anyone going through cancer or any type of major affliction. I am a colon cancer survivor and have a sister who had an extremely hard-fought battle with breast cancer - but so far, so good.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 5

ARGH! See? This show without Joy, is eating my brain cells!

It was Congress refusing to extend the benefits to all the first responders that had me seeing red.  I was right there with Whoopi in her outrage over Congress not being there for those men and women, who are now suffering from all kinds of cancers due to the crap from the materials.  And then here's Paula, fucking defending that decision. Those asshats saying they need to fucking review to make sure these people deserve to be taken care of. My heart broke and I totally thought of Jon Stewart, who has been fighting to get these benefits extended for these guys.  Paula can just shut it.  Because one of the other reasons Congress has given is that old "we don't know if these cancers are a result of 9/11" and why should "we" have to take care of their medical bills since we don't know? Let's just study and wait, and if they die during the wait, too bad. UGH.

• Love 8

As stated upthread, Sherri only went natural because she forgot her intended wig.

Oh thanks Fisher King.  Somehow I missed it.   I thought Sherri said she was "inspired" by her "sister" Cheryl Underwood but then I really wasn't listening very well.  

ARGH! See? This show without Joy, is eating my brain cells!

It was Congress refusing to extend the benefits to all the first responders that had me seeing red.  I was right there with Whoopi in her outrage over Congress not being there for those men and women, who are now suffering from all kinds of cancers due to the crap from the materials.  And then here's Paula, fucking defending that decision. Those asshats saying they need to fucking review to make sure these people deserve to be taken care of. My heart broke and I totally thought of Jon Stewart, who has been fighting to get these benefits extended for these guys.  Paula can just shut it.  Because one of the other reasons Congress has given is that old "we don't know if these cancers are a result of 9/11" and why should "we" have to take care of their medical bills since we don't know? Let's just study and wait, and if they die during the wait, too bad. UGH.

Seriously?  That's rhetorical because of course I believe you.  Oh, I'm so glad I missed this but more than that I'm SO GLAD you posted about it because now I will look upon Paula with glasses tinted by this.  I'm starting to see why the other co-hosts don't seem to like her much.  I'm feeling a little stabby about her myself right now. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

Hey, Cosmo - Sherri did say she was inspired by Underwood. Maybe it's in another thread but Sherri tweeted as she left for the show that she forgot her damn wig. Busted.

Hahaha!  On the show she made it sound like she was being noble and natural for "the young girls" - even Raven gave her props.   Well, one thing Sherri is really good at is looking on the bright side and making lemonade for herself. 

• Love 3

Had a day off from work Friday so I watched it as I was doing laundry.  First, I do like that the show is now live again on Fridays and even better when Joy is the moderator. And hell I actually didn't mind Sherri that much (though sadly I did notice the weight was back.) 

But that interview with Danny P was awwwkward.  CCB's intro, the questions...#childstarsunite ?  More like #childstarsundermindinganotherone.  While I do feel they were honest, because they were coming from her, it almost felt that she was shaming him.  Because he doesn't feel like he screwed up enough as it is? Oy. 

• Love 1